PDA

View Full Version : Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Cripps_orig
21-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Where did i say he was shit fuck off with that.NQ said hes been shit and you said you were with him on that

:blink:

It was literally 5 minutes ago. Do you have short term memory loss?

Unai Tea
Not really no, we were knocked out of everything by February, lost 10 games in the league and received some heavy beatings as well. Park Ji Sung is a good squad player for Man U, but he's not usually in the 1st team, you don't spend 17 million on a player with one year left on his contract just to stick him on the bench.

£16m is what his club want. That doesn't mean he'll be sold for £16m. Bolton wanted like £15+m for Cahill and he went for less than half that.

They know he's leaving for nothing next year and they're trying to maximise what they can get for him. He'll probably end up going for something around £10-11m and that's very reasonable. If we could throw in a couple of our highly paid donkeys as makeweights, so much the better.

I'd love to see this happen but these things rarely seem to come off as you'd want or expect in the transfer season.

Podolski - Kagawa - M'vila + re-signing Van Persie and I really fancy our chances next year.

(Oh yeah, and Bould knocking the defense into shape...)

Talk is he wants Hazard, maybe he'd be happy to have both but Hazard is most likely his main target out of the two....since he's a better player and a playmaker.

I think it's probably fair to say that Hazard probably has a higher ceiling than Kagawa. He's probably also a better player now. He's also going to cost £30m and suck up 4x the wages that Kagawa would and, simply put, he's a bit of a stupid cockface and doesn't want to play for us anyway and even if he did he'd not stick around long.

Letters
Not really no, we were knocked out of everything by February, lost 10 games in the league and received some heavy beatings as well.
There was the drubbing in Milam but we only got one heavy beating in the league. We lost to Liverpool 2-0 - although we were a bit unlucky that day, had Frimpong not got sent off I reckon we'd have got a point. Every other league defeat was by the odd goal.

We also won more games and scored more goals than anyone bar the top 2.

Just saying is all :shrug:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Talk is he wants Hazard, maybe he'd be happy to have both but Hazard is most likely his main target out of the two....since he's a better player and a playmaker.

Most teams want Hazard. But they were after the Japanese lad before Hazard anyways. and they don't play in the same position anyways.

Hazard plays on the left well has been in france anyway. The other lad plays in the middle.

Hazard has the potential to be great but now not sure how good he really is. Its easy playing in the french leageu but the EPL and La liga are diffrent class.

Özim
21-05-2012, 10:39 PM
There was the drubbing in Milam but we only got one heavy beating in the league. We lost to Liverpool 2-0 - although we were a bit unlucky that day, had Frimpong not got sent off I reckon we'd have got a point. Every other league defeat was by the odd goal.

I don't think what we achieved constitutes a good season though, anytime you're out of everything by the 2nd month of the year you can hardly see things have been great.

There were a couple excellent games against Chelsea and Spurs but not a lot more, we won a fair few games without really being that great either. 10 defeats in a league season is not a very good record though.

Ollie the Optimist
21-05-2012, 10:40 PM

with luck this season would have been better i think, how many decisions went against us doesnt help. i dont think we are that far away from challengeing next season with the squad we have. zimm saying our midfield isnt great, that midfield destroyed both the scum and the champions this year. the problem is injuries so singing players like kagawa would be great. when one injured another good player replaces them rather then makeshift players in wrong posistion. we dont need much to challenge imo. couple of singings and rvp and something special will happen. i firmily believe in it, call me deluded or whatever but there was enough last season to convince me that a trophy will happen next year

Olivier's xmas twist
21-05-2012, 10:41 PM
NQ said hes been shit and you said you were with him on that

:blink:

It was literally 5 minutes ago. Do you have short term memory loss?

I said he was over hyped much different to shit.

Özim
Most teams want Hazard. But they were after the Japanese lad before Hazard anyways. and they don't play in the same position anyways.

Hazard plays on the left well has been in france anyway. The other lad plays in the middle.

Hazard has the potential to be great but now not sure how good he really is. Its easy playing in the french leageu but the EPL and La liga are diffrent class.
The top players from France tend to do pretty well, there's plenty of examples of this.

I agree they play in different positions so Fergie probably wants both, but I'd say Hazard in the gem out of the two, there's a good reason a lot of clubs want him.

fakeyank
Kagawa will pay back his fee in shirt sales alone tbf.

And also when he scores the winner for us at Old Trafford next February in the SF of CC Cup. :good:

Seriously though, with Hazard apparently preferring a move to United, I think there's a #decent chance we may go for Kagawa. Can't see United buying both.

Corrected your little mistake..

Letters
I don't think what we achieved constitutes a good season though, anytime you're out of everything by the 2nd month of the year you can hardly see things have been great.

There were a couple excellent games against Chelsea and Spurs but not a lot more, we won a fair few games without really being that great either. 10 defeats in a league season is not a very good record though.
No, it wasn't a great season but given last summer's debacle and the start we had 3rd place was very creditable.
But yes, 10 league defeats is too many.

Cripps_orig
21-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Im on you with this, there is a bit of over hypement with him tbh,:coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-05-2012, 10:43 PM
:coffee:

I meant him being overhyped. He's not shit, But He's a lil Overhyped is all im saying.

Özim
21-05-2012, 10:43 PM
with luck this season would have been better i think, how many decisions went against us doesnt help. i dont think we are that far away from challengeing next season with the squad we have. zimm saying our midfield isnt great, that midfield destroyed both the scum and the champions this year. the problem is injuries so singing players like kagawa would be great. when one injured another good player replaces them rather then makeshift players in wrong posistion. we dont need much to challenge imo. couple of singings and rvp and something special will happen. i firmily believe in it, call me deluded or whatever but there was enough last season to convince me that a trophy will happen next year
You sounds like friggin Wenger :rolleyes:

Seriously have you learnt nothing from the last 7 years, we need some top quality, we were miles away in the league and got knocked out of everything early, luck has nothing to do with it.

Letters
21-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Our squad depth is seriously lacking. Our first 11 is as good as anyone's IMO but whereas City can have people like Nasri on the bench and Chelsea had Torres and Aguero (that'll be £75m for the two), we have Chamakh and Park :ilt:

Marc Overmars
21-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Hazard probably is the better player but we have zero chance of getting him, therefore someone like Kagawa is a viable alternative and not a a bad one at that either.

Letters
21-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Give it a rest, Ach. You've made your point and Charlie has clarified his position.

Olivier's xmas twist
But NQ was talking about Hazard being shit, not being overhyped so how can you be with him on that?

Thats NQ. All i was saying was he was overy hyped is what i meant.

Olivier's xmas twist
Hazard probably is the better player but we have zero chance of getting him, therefore someone like Kagawa is a viable alternative and not a a bad one at that either.

He suits UTD more imo.

KSE Comedy Club
21-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Our squad depth is seriously lacking. Our first 11 is as good as anyone's IMO but whereas City can have people like Nasri on the bench and Chelsea had Torres and Aguero (that'll be £75m for the two), we have Chamakh and Park :ilt:When did Chelsea have aguero?

Letters
21-05-2012, 10:49 PM
When did Chelsea have aguero?
*sigh*

Please wait, caller.

I think I mean Essien

:getcoat:

Harry
21-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Give it a rest, Ach. You've made your point and Charlie has clarified his position.

Yeah Ach stop picking on him!!!!!

I will find you.

Saddam Hussein.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-05-2012, 10:50 PM

Can't use that as an excuse. our squad depth was poor because Wenger never bought quality in last summer simples. Come on Ollie stop being Naive.

KSE Comedy Club
21-05-2012, 10:51 PM
*sigh*

Please wait, caller.

I think I mean Essien

:getcoat:You sure your not just drunk or something?

Drugs maybe?

Harry
21-05-2012, 10:52 PM
You sure your not just drunk or something?

Drugs maybe?

Drugs are bad mmmmKay.

Letters
21-05-2012, 10:52 PM
You sure your not just drunk or something?

Drugs maybe?It could be that.

I picked the wrong week to give up sniffing glue :(

Olivier's xmas twist
21-05-2012, 10:53 PM
You sounds like friggin Wenger :rolleyes:

Seriously have you learnt nothing from the last 7 years, we need some top quality, we were miles away in the league and got knocked out of everything early, luck has nothing to do with it.

Have to agree with Zimm on this.

Our midfield was woeful this season, luck or no luck. We had decisions go against but thats cause refs were bad Generally this season.

if we keep using this excuse we all be stactic like this.

Cripps_orig
21-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Juventus will turn their attentions to Manchester City's Edin Dzeko, 26, as they prepare to pull out of the race to sign Arsenal forward Robin van Persie, 28.
Full story: Daily Mail

City are set to take advantage of Juve's move by stepping up their interest in Van Persie, while the Italians could move for Liverpool forward Luis Suarez, 25, as well as Dzeko.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Chelsea have given Arsenal a deadline of next week to make a decision on whether they want to sign on-loan midfielder Yossi Benayoun, 32, on a permanent basis.
Full story: Metro

Same old shit about RVP

No thanks about Yossi

Ollie the Optimist
21-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Our squad depth is seriously lacking. Our first 11 is as good as anyone's IMO but whereas City can have people like Nasri on the bench and Chelsea had Torres and Aguero (that'll be £75m for the two), we have Chamakh and Park :ilt:

probs didnt explain myself very well. strikers we have podolski, RVP and theo to a degree. if we play one up front like we do, then we have a direct decent replacement for RVP. get one in on the cheap who is good and we are sorted. midfield of rosicky, arteta, song, coqualain, yossi (if we get him and apparently chavs just want a million for him) gervinho and the ox. good enough players imo but if we can get m'vila then we have cover for song, arteta and rosicky as all three can interchange imo. coqualin is good enough and frimpong could be useful for a game or two.
defence have kos, verm, merts, sagna, jenkinson, santos and gibbs. miquel as well who i htink is good, needs a couple more years but will be good. maybe one more defender preferbly a right back. and if we can get someone like craig gordon for free to cover ches then i am actually happy with that squad. couple of players like kagawa, giroud and vertonghan and it will be a good squad if not a very good squad.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-05-2012, 11:19 PM
probs didnt explain myself very well. strikers we have podolski, RVP and theo to a degree. if we play one up front like we do, then we have a direct decent replacement for RVP. get one in on the cheap who is good and we are sorted. midfield of rosicky, arteta, song, coqualain, yossi (if we get him and apparently chavs just want a million for him) gervinho and the ox. good enough players imo but if we can get m'vila then we have cover for song, arteta and rosicky as all three can interchange imo. coqualin is good enough and frimpong could be useful for a game or two.
defence have kos, verm, merts, sagna, jenkinson, santos and gibbs. miquel as well who i htink is good, needs a couple more years but will be good. maybe one more defender preferbly a right back. and if we can get someone like craig gordon for free to cover ches then i am actually happy with that squad. couple of players like kagawa, giroud and vertonghan and it will be a good squad if not a very good squad.

Most of what you say sounds good but it depends on alot of what if's. Nothing to say RVP will stay tbh.

We need a few bits of Quality if were even thinking about Challenging for a cup tbh.

Master Splinter
21-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Benayoun is a Must Keep.

Have we signed Giroud, Belhanda and Biglia yet?

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Thats NQ. All i was saying was he was overy hyped is what i meant.

And I suppose I should clarify I have never actually seen him play.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Would rather get Hazard

He IS a good player but I think it has been established that he is a bit of a dick and the last thing we need is someone upsetting the ever-so-sentive ambiance we have int he dressing room.

At UTD if he tried any shit he will have vets and SAF to take him down a peg......we have no-one, we are ripe to be taken over by the alter ego of another prima donna, no matter how good they are....Wenger will not be able to handle him....there was a time when I was clamouring for us to get hold of Balotelli, thought he was just the tonic, the player could well have been but the guy would have driven AW over the edge (some say a good thing) and ultimately put the club, the moral of the players close to self destruction. I know that we are not there yet but I saw signs that we do play for each other and a bit of pride returning to the players. I want to see more of that and the type of player we bring in is going to be vital.....Hazard for all his skills does not look like that player......you know the guys whether they believe it or not are going to be reading the papers..........

At the end of the day we ain't going to get him because we are not going to pay his wages.....Kagawa on the other hand is a decent player, honest to the core and a workhorse to boot as are most Japanese players, he is going to want to get paid sure.....I didn't add stupid to my list and it may take some persuasion but he is a very decent player and I would love to have him here......(Dempsey is a good shout too tho)

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2012, 01:47 AM
I'm with you, funny thing about Japanese players, I'd expect to see some real superstars now as they've had an established league for a while, whilst they do have some excellent players they're never quite top level.

Nakata was not bad but he's been Japan's best player to date and even he wasn't really at the very top of the game. Wasn't overly impressed with Kagawa when we played them to be honest either. For that kind of money for a player with one year left on his contract we should be getting a top quality player.

TBF the league over here is awful.....a lot of B-League Brazilians and little else........any Japanese player worth their salt gets out of their and into Europe.....hence the exodus to the Germany.
Nakata set the trial and was miles ahead of his generation in terms of footballing sense.....I agree with you that he has been the best player to come out of Japan but overall the national tam is better.
It's big money for Kagawa but he is a very good player and would fit in with our team very easily.....only worry is that he could turn into another Arshavin and get played out of position, yes he can play on the wing but its behind the striker he is most deadly.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2012, 02:23 AM
I don't think he has that genius based on what I've seen of him, so no I don't think he'll be a top top player, he'll work hard get a few goals like Park Ji Sung but he won't be leading us to any trophies.

He's hardly a winner at his age, he's a kid who's been playing for the best team in Germany, good player no doubt but he's not the playmaker and isn't the one who makes the team tick.

But is that the type of player we should be looking for [B]the one[B] that makes us tick......didn't we try that we Cesc with varying degrees of success, we definitely couldn't last the distance the that plan....

It is my opinion that we should be looking for [B]the ones[B] that;

1) offer balance to the team as well as ability
2) put in a decent shift every game, none of this now you see me now you don't crap
3) have obvious pride to be playing for us.....not using us as a shop window for bigger things
4) understand the true meaning of 'team' and contribute to the spirit of the team in a positive sense not negative
5) can actually getting fucking head through the door

Don't get me wrong Zimm, I agree Hazard could be a bit special but if we only get a blimpse of that special for say 1 or 2 seasons after going through a couple of summers not knowing if he is coming or going, and if for half of that time he plays as if he can't be bothered, I say give me the 'hardworking, contract honouring kamikaze' anyday

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2012, 02:26 AM
£16m is what his club want. That doesn't mean he'll be sold for £16m. Bolton wanted like £15+m for Cahill and he went for less than half that.

They know he's leaving for nothing next year and they're trying to maximise what they can get for him. He'll probably end up going for something around £10-11m and that's very reasonable. If we could throw in a couple of our highly paid donkeys as makeweights, so much the better.

I'd love to see this happen but these things rarely seem to come off as you'd want or expect in the transfer season.

Podolski - Kagawa - M'vila + re-signing Van Persie and I really fancy our chances next year.

(Oh yeah, and Bould knocking the defense into shape...)

I think it's probably fair to say that Hazard probably has a higher ceiling than Kagawa. He's probably also a better player now. He's also going to cost £30m and suck up 4x the wages that Kagawa would and, simply put, he's a bit of a stupid cockface and doesn't want to play for us anyway and even if he did he'd not stick around long.

:gp:

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2012, 02:32 AM
He suits UTD more imo.

TBH Charlie, I think Kagawa would be superb for UTD too.....just I think we have more chance of robbing him off them than Hazard.......and to boot Hazard is an obvious cock so no thanks!

Just concentrate our energy on Kagawa.......a bit expensive yes and as Jam said we may not need to pay that, but one thing I don't want is us holding off till January on the off chance that we can knock a few quid off ala Cahill/Arsenal/Chav drama.

Dempsey anyone?

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2012, 02:34 AM
time difference sucks....no-one to talk to, to get shouted at by.....to tell to STFU

:getcoat:

-Xs-
22-05-2012, 02:53 AM
STFU!

Nah, you're alright, carry on

Unai Tea
22-05-2012, 07:16 AM
But is that the type of player we should be looking for [B]the one[B] that makes us tick......didn't we try that we Cesc with varying degrees of success, we definitely couldn't last the distance the that plan....

It is my opinion that we should be looking for [B]the ones[B] that;

1) offer balance to the team as well as ability
2) put in a decent shift every game, none of this now you see me now you don't crap
3) have obvious pride to be playing for us.....not using us as a shop window for bigger things
4) understand the true meaning of 'team' and contribute to the spirit of the team in a positive sense not negative
5) can actually getting fucking head through the door

I like that list. Team chemistry compensates for alot.

4-3-3
22-05-2012, 09:45 AM

can we sub you for wenger pls. we will give you pay rise anyways.

we desperately need someone who can get job done -no pussing arond. i a sure we we will have something to say about tittle destination next season.

coyg

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Rather than subbing Ollie for wumger get him in to sort the wheeling and dealing

MVila
Kagawa
Vertonghen - unfortunately Spud bound
Gordon as cover, hmmmmm?
Yossi for a mil, cheap but lets spunk some more on Dempsey

4-3-3
22-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Rather than subbing Ollie for wumger get him in to sort the wheeling and dealing

MVila
Kagawa
Vertonghen - unfortunately Spud bound
Gordon as cover, hmmmmm?
Yossi for a mil, cheap but lets spunk some more on Dempsey

wenger is garbage. he just cant sign rvp up. the guy loves the club, he just need to see som ambitions. if i was in robin position, i would do excactly the same. AFC need to show som respect to robin and fans. i am tired of not winning things and i am tired of listening to wenger every word coming out of his mouth is rubbish nowerdays. my father used to tell me ''son tell me what the professor said in his press'' but sadly big man never ask me about him any more..i do not wonder why.
:threaten:

Fist of Lehmann
22-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Give me Kagawa over Wazzard any day. The Belgian is just another Nasri in the making, he's already nailed his dickish colours to the mast. Must Not Wenget.

We won't get either anyway so it's all moo.

GP
22-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Give me Kagawa over Wazzard any day. The Belgian is just another Nasri in the making, he's already nailed his dickish colours to the mast. Must Not Wenget.

:gp:

It really is a Moo point.

But we are getting Kagawa

And M'Vila

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 12:52 PM

Pretty Much, Someone thinks he is better than he is. when he gets as good As Messi and Ronaldo then he can be as arrogant as them.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Pretty Much, Someone thinks he is better than he is. when he gets as good As Messi and Ronaldo then he can be as arrogant at them.

Think is Messi is very likable. . .Gay Ron tho is a little bit full of himself

GP
22-05-2012, 01:12 PM

He's a little bit full of a lot of men, tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 01:15 PM

Sorry let me explain. Messi has Earned the right to be a little arrogant if he wanted to be. Where as Eden has not.He sjust sounds like a confused lil boy each day.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Sorry let me explain. Messi has Earned the right to be a little arrogant if he wanted to be. Where as Eden has not.He sjust sounds like a confused lil boy each day.

Gotcha!
have to agree with 'third place' GP - Little Ronnie is up to the rim full of men

Master Splinter
22-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Must Not Wenget.

:haha:

Cripps_orig
22-05-2012, 09:40 PM
He IS a good player but I think it has been established that he is a bit of a dick and the last thing we need is someone upsetting the ever-so-sentive ambiance we have int he dressing room.

At UTD if he tried any shit he will have vets and SAF to take him down a peg......we have no-one, we are ripe to be taken over by the alter ego of another prima donna, no matter how good they are....Wenger will not be able to handle him....there was a time when I was clamouring for us to get hold of Balotelli, thought he was just the tonic, the player could well have been but the guy would have driven AW over the edge (some say a good thing) and ultimately put the club, the moral of the players close to self destruction. I know that we are not there yet but I saw signs that we do play for each other and a bit of pride returning to the players. I want to see more of that and the type of player we bring in is going to be vital.....Hazard for all his skills does not look like that player......you know the guys whether they believe it or not are going to be reading the papers..........

At the end of the day we ain't going to get him because we are not going to pay his wages.....Kagawa on the other hand is a decent player, honest to the core and a workhorse to boot as are most Japanese players, he is going to want to get paid sure.....I didn't add stupid to my list and it may take some persuasion but he is a very decent player and I would love to have him here......(Dempsey is a good shout too tho)Established by who? GW?

Ive seen no reason to think hes a dick.

If looking for the best possible deal makes him a dick then i guess we're all dicks cos we all do the same

Unai Tea
22-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Established by who? GW?

If looking for the best possible deal makes him a dick then i guess we're all dicks cos we all do the same

Possibly, but some dicks are bigger than others.

KSE Comedy Club
22-05-2012, 10:31 PM
So nothing happening.

Looks like this fabled mvila deal isn't happening, and we might be trying to buy nzonzi from Blackburn instead.

Whoopee!

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Established by who? GW?

Anybody who sees what he says. If he wnats to look for the best deal fine. Don't act like a twat and say i wanna play here there and eveywhere.

Just STFU and get find that deal.

So nothing happening.

Looks like this fabled mvila deal isn't happening, and we might be trying to buy nzonzi from Blackburn instead.

Whoopee!

Im sure it will happen soon, i mean no one has signed anyone yet but im sure in a few weeks deals will come in thick and fast.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Manchester City are ready to pull the plug on their proposed move for Lille playmaker Eden Hazard, 21, unless the player and his agent lower their financial demands.

Full story: the Times

Master Splinter
22-05-2012, 10:55 PM
So nothing happening.

Whoopee!

First casualty of transfer season.

:rose:

Two wrists down, 108 to go.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Arsenal have switched their attention to Toulouse captain Etienne Capoue, 23, as a cheaper alternative to Rennes' 21-year-old Yann M'Vila as the club step up their efforts to sign a holding midfielder for next season.

Full story: the Times (subscription required)

Manchester United have opened talks with Everton over a £12m move for full-back Leighton Baines.

And United are hoping to take advantage of Rayo Vallecano's financial problems after targeting Michu, 26, the highest-scoring midfielder in Spain last season, who could move to the Premier League for as little as £3m this summer.

Arsenal will offload seven stars including Nicklas Bendtner, Denilson, Sebastien Squillaci and Johan Djourou to free up cash to bid for Blackburn's 21-year-old winger Junior Hoilett.

England striker Jermain Defoe admits he is heading into Euro 2012 considering his future at Tottenham.

Full story: talkSPORT

Dynamo Kiev have opened talks over a double move for Tottenham's Niko Kranjcar and Vedran Corluka, which could be worth up to £10m.

Wolves winger Matt Jarvis, 25, is a shock £5m target for Udinese.

Stoke striker Cameron Jerome has snubbed an offer from Wolves to step down to the Championship and help their promotion battle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

Cripps_orig
22-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Arsenal have switched their attention to Toulouse captain Etienne Capoue, 23, as a cheaper alternative to Rennes' 21-year-old Yann M'Vila as the club step up their efforts to sign a holding midfielder for next season.
Full story: the Times (subscription required)

Arsenal will offload seven stars including Nicklas Bendtner, Denilson, Sebastien Squillaci and Johan Djourou to free up cash to bid for Blackburn's 21-year-old winger Junior Hoilett.

Who?

Free up cash to sign a player out of contract this summer? Impressive

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Who?

Free up cash to sign a player out of contract this summer? Impressive

Saw that, Lazy Journo's.

The headline is miss leading.

here is the Article

Arsene Wenger will make a push for a giant clear out before pressing ahead with more summer signings.

Arsenal transfer fixer Dick Law is trying to offload Nicklas Bendtner, Denilson, Lukasz Fabianski and Carlos Vela as a priority in the next two weeks.

Bendtner has returned from a loan spell at Sunderland but they do not want to buy him and his most likely destination is Germany.

Fabianski is keen to move on to get regular games while Vela is wanted by Real Sociedad and Espanyol. Denilson is preparing to come back from a loan spell at Sao Paolo and is determined not to be forced into a pay cut from his £50,000-a-week contract.

That is the biggest obstacle facing Arsenal’s clear out although Manuel Almunia - who is on West Ham’s radar - is out of contract and Andrey Arshavin is likely to make his loan move to Zenit St Petersburg permanent.Arsenal may also listen to offers for Johan Djourou as they look for a new centre half. The club are hoping to get rid of Sebastien Squillaci even though Spurs appear to have jumped ahead in the race to sign Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen.

Blackburn’s Junior Hoilett, free agent Salomon Kalou, Rennes midfielder Yann M’Vila and Blackburn’s Steven N’Zonzi are all on the radar but Wenger has already insisted they will not spend too much in the market.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-will-offload-seven-stars-including-844105

Cripps_orig
22-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Saw that, Lazy Journo's.More likely to be true tbh

Wenger :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 11:15 PM
More likely to be true tbh

Read the article.

Cripps_orig
22-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Hoilett? M'Vila? Kalou? Nzonzi?

Wtf?

Has there been a worse 4 links to us in history?

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Hoilett? M'Vila? Kalou? Nzonzi?

Wtf?

Has there been a worse 4 links to us in history?

Not 4, but chasing Chamakh for a year was pretty embarrassing.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Established by who? GW?

Quite possibly and with a little help from our beloved rag rag media we have massively pre judged this guy. . .but who can blame us (and now is not the time to come across as all sweet and innocent in the pre judging of players)

It could be a slight case of jealousy and hope that he was coming to us but the guy has used the media, to their glee, to stoke up interest for himself in a slightly unprofessionall (translated 'dick like') way. . .it is clear he is a massive prima donna (translated 'dick') and although obviously talented would cause problems with the chemistry of the team, as we do not need another all for me kind of player at the club.

Btw the last part is purely based on my own opinion, he may be a really nice guy, first to buy a round and all that but. . .

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2012, 01:20 AM
Hazard you mean? Yeah, he's a fucking humongous shit dick. Bet a lot of crap has been hyped by the media but you still need some shit to make the stink. Guy sounds like a whore in the Cashley, Ade, Na$ri, Nick Clegg category.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-05-2012, 02:55 AM
Hazard you mean? Yeah, he's a fucking humongous shit dick. Bet a lot of crap has been hyped by the media but you still need some shit to make the stink. Guy sounds like a whore in the Cashley, Ade, Na$ri, Nick Clegg category.

Nick Clegg. . .playa's playa. . , :bow:

mastermind84
23-05-2012, 03:53 AM
I would rather have him than not if he is really the shit that he is hyped as.

No need to take this high ground when we dont have a very talented outfit.

KSE Comedy Club
23-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Forget hazard.

Him and his agent are looking for wages of £200k a week, minimum.

Move on.

Flavs
23-05-2012, 07:37 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7772406/Almunia-leaves-Arsenal

Bye boys thanks for it all :wave:

Japan Shaking All Over
23-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Bye Bye and thanks II

Fiorentina Make Arsenal Swap Offer That’s Almost Too Good to Be True

Emirates Stadium striker targeted as part of Serie A exchange offer.

Fiorentina want to swap young playmaker Adem Ljajic for Arsenal outcast Marouane Chamakh.

According to reports in Italy, Fiorentina’s chief scout Eduardo Macia has identified the Morocco international as the man to reinvigorate the club’s forward line.

And he is hoping to tempt Arsenal into letting him leave if the Gunners get Ljajic, 20, in return.

The Serbian almost joined Manchester United in 2009 but the proposed deal fell through – and he eventually joined Fiorentina from Partizan in 2010.

But his career has never really taken off in Italy and he was recently punched by then manager Delio Rossi, which earned him the sack.

Ljajic is expected to leave this summer and now Macia is hoping his departure could land them Chamakh.

If this deal is offered to Arsene Wenger then there seems no good reason why he wouldn’t gleefully accept it. Marouane Chamakh has been a huge disappointment since his free transfer arrival from Bordeaux and the idea that he could be used to bring in a player, who although still yet to fulfill his potential, who many sides must be interested in.

Adem Ljajic is yet to turn 21 and perhaps his youthful petulance was to blame for the behaviour he exhibited prior to be punched by former Fiorentina boss Delio Rossi, no doubt the Serbian international regrets his part in the incident but this source believes his time at the Artemio Franchi appears to be at an end.

The youngster has over 50 appearances in Italy’s top flight to his name as well as half a dozen international caps so is clearly a player capable of performing at the highest levels and perhaps the type of player Wenger feels he can polish into the finished article.

Ljajic is an adaptable attacker who can play in an advanced central midfield role, out on the flank or as a second striker. The former Partizan Belgrade man would surely jump at the chance of a new start in the Premier League and in particular at a club that is renowned for it’s willingness to trust to youth.

who is Ljajic? - to be honest I suppose it doesn't really matter if he is the one being used as a makeweight

Marc Overmars
23-05-2012, 08:44 AM
No idea who he is, but if it means getting a new player in place of Chakma then I'm all for it.

Flavs
23-05-2012, 08:51 AM
No idea who he is, but if it means getting a new player in place of Chakma then I'm all for it.

he is this bloke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53RhYdH3bBY

Joker
23-05-2012, 08:51 AM
I doubt we're signing anyone of substance tbh. We'll have a bit of a clearout of the deadwood but they'll either be replaced by players coming back from loan (Lansbury, Bartley) or we'll add some second rate players to supplement our squad like N'Zonzi. Wenger will defend this by bemoaning the 25 man squad limit, Man City's financial doping, and that Wilshere, Diaby will be LANS next season. He almost said as much at the end of last season.

Flavs
23-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Well by my count and assuming we do clear-out, we only have 18 registered squad players anyway. (How old is Gibbs?)

Because, according to the rules of the premier league Wilshere, Woji, AOC, Campbell, Jenko, Lansbury, Coquelin, Frimpingpong and Miyachi are all under 21

That means we essentially have, again assuming we clear-out, 7 free spots.

Joker
23-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Well that does open up a good opportunity to genuinely replenish the squad with quality (doesn't have to all be £50M players, just good quality experienced professionals will do), something we badly need.

Flavs
23-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Well that does open up a good opportunity to genuinely replenish the squad with quality (doesn't have to all be £50M players, just good quality experienced professionals will do), something we badly need.

I think the players we have bought recently shows that Wenget has learned we need to balance youthful promise with experienced quality like Arteta, Merts and the Podo :bow:

Letters
23-05-2012, 09:09 AM
I doubt we're signing anyone of substance tbh. We'll have a bit of a clearout of the deadwood but they'll either be replaced by players coming back from loan (Lansbury, Bartley) or we'll add some second rate players to supplement our squad like N'Zonzi. Wenger will defend this by bemoaning the 25 man squad limit, Man City's financial doping, and that Wilshere, Diaby will be LANS next season. He almost said as much at the end of last season.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cb/Marvin_(HHGG).jpg/220px-Marvin_(HHGG).jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
23-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Heskey is a free agent now. :good:

Flavs
23-05-2012, 09:36 AM
I see the papers are making up more shit about us switching targets from M'Villa to Etienne Capoue from Toulouse as well,

Are they that bored?

Japan Shaking All Over
23-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Or the Wumger has sent a troop of gremlins loose

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Bye Bye and thanks II

who is Ljajic? - to be honest I suppose it doesn't really matter if he is the one being used as a makeweight

They're teasing us I assume. Not very nice, how would they like it if Chamakh played for them?

Cripps_orig
23-05-2012, 09:44 PM
After Dembele apparently

Knew we were looking at someone else other than Dempsey

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-05-2012, 10:20 PM

but do we actually need to strengthen much? i know we were 19 points off but we had no defenders at one point. we just need a fit squad (which in itself is asking a lot).

almunia's already left so we need back up for chezza but wenger will sort that out, he's already hinted that. defenders we are fine, you could argue djourou needs shifting but realistically he's going nowhere. buying another solid DM (using m'vila for arguments sake) is crucial because it means 2 things; firstly, it provides cover for song, but secondly and more importantly, it provides further freedom for song to push up the field and continue making key assists to our attackers because he knows he has a proper DM playing alongside him. he can push up without worrying about being caught out of position or having to race to track back, simply because he has another beastly DM by his side to cover him. arteta's been playing that anchoring role this season but he's not a proper DM so tends to push up too. after all, he was an attacking midfielder at everton so has that attacking mentality. he's lightweight so doesn't add much physically either. we've all seen what song can do when given freedom so it's a shame to sabotage that, but at the same time, everytime he attacks it adds an imbalance to our midfield because there's a gaping hole left behind. buying m'vila solves that as he has much more of a presence.

if we bought m'vila i'd play arteta in the AM role which is ultimately where he's best suited. this provides cover for jack who doesn't look like he'll be back anytime soon whilst it plays to arteta's strengths. thats why i think it's crucial to buy a DM; it opens up so many doors for us and adds plenty of depth

furthermore we've already bought podolski and that gives added competition for wingers and provides cover for RVP. so apart from that we need to shift about half a dozen players out but im confident we'll do that.

my team next season would be:

---------------- chez--------------

sagna --- kos --- verm --- santos

--------- m'villa ------ song ---------

theo--------- jack ------ podolski

---------------- rvp ---------------

bench: gervinho, frankfurter, chamberlain, jenkinson, gibbs, guzan?, arteta, djourou

Cripps_orig
23-05-2012, 11:19 PM
The Gunners are looking to bring in Norwegian keeper Kenneth Udjus, 28.

Scouts have watched the Sogndal No 1 four times and he said: “I have heard about Arsenal’s interest. It would be massive for me to play for a big club like them.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4332869/Manuel-Almunia-released-by-Arsenal.html

Almunias replacement

Cripps_orig
23-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Bolton are hopeful of tempting Arsenal teenager Ryo Miyaichi to spend another season at the Reebok as they bid to bounce straight back to the Premier League. The Gunners midfielder, 19, has an impressive season despite the Trotters' doomed relegation scrap.
Full story: the Bolton News

Only gossip concerning us

WilshereourGHEL
24-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Only gossip concerning us lies were getting hazzard the star said so :)

tpyo
24-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Chelsea set to release Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18185485

Wasn't Wenger always keen on Kalou? Better or worse than Chamakh as backup? Was Bosingwa so bad for Chelsea? I know he arrived for like 16 million or something so I figured he was actually good haven't really tracked his progress at Chelski though.

Marc Overmars
24-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Kalou is much better than Chakma but then so are a lot of players. I wouldn't really complain if we got him on a free for squad purposes.

Boswinger is average at best. Not bad going forward but a bit shit defensively.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2012, 08:10 AM
lies were getting hazzard the star said so :)

The Times had pretty much the same story.

Globalgunner
24-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Wenger has had the hots for Kalou for years. He tried to buy him a couple of seasons ago and was rebuffed. I would`nt be surprised if he want here in a few weeks time. Better than Chakma and miles better than Gervinho, definitely more lively than Arshavin, more productive than Bendtner, but still nothing to get anybody cheered up about. ........How is it that an ordinary player like Kalou is head and shoulders above at least 4 first teamers at this club

GP
24-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Wenger has had the hots for Kalou for years. He tried to buy him a couple of seasons ago and was rebuffed. I would`nt be surprised if he want here in a few weeks time. Better than Chakma and miles better than Gervinho, definitely more lively than Arshavin, more productive than Bendtner, but still nothing to get anybody cheered up about. ........How is it that an ordinary player like Kalou is head and shoulders above at least 4 first teamers at this club

I don't see much difference between Kalou and Gervinho tbh.

And I think it's a bit unfair calling Bendtner and Arshavin first-teamers considering both spent the season at other clubs.

Globalgunner
24-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Kalou doesnt get the heebee jeebees and collywobbles all at the same time whenever he is in the 12 yard box. His feet are also capable of sending and receiving coherent messages from his brain and interpreting them. Bendtner and Arshavin are in our 25 man team and keeping us from replacing them with high wages and low transfer value. So yes they are first team. as has been said severally on this blog. Our main problem is not our 1st 11, its the crap occupying 12 to 25.

selassie
24-05-2012, 09:11 AM
A couple of rags are running stories on us entering the race for Hazard, I don't believe it myself. Besides, I think we stand next to no chance of getting him as Citeh, United & Chelsea are all in for him.

I mean 30million plus, we would never ever spend this on a player. It's been reported in the Times too...I've linked the Daily Star article as it's PHW's mouthpiece.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/252958/Arsenal-move-for-32m-Eden-Hazard/
(http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/252958/Arsenal-move-for-32m-Eden-Hazard/)

ARSENAL last night emerged as contenders to sign Belgian star Eden Hazard.

Hazard wants a summer move to the Premier League and was believed to be choosing between Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea.

But Lille director Frederic Paquet revealed another club is also in the running for the £32m-rated playmaker – and Starsport understands it is the Gunners.

Boss Arsene Wenger is a big fan of the 21-year-old and has kept tabs on him since his mid-teens.

Wenger is determined to make sure the Gunners are in the hunt. But Arsenal are considered outsiders in the race for Hazard.

The transfer fee won’t be the problem as Wenger had earmarked £30m for Borussia Dortmund star Mario Gotze before he decided to stay with the German champions.

But meeting Hazard’s wage demands will be a stumbling block. Even Manchester City were stunned by Hazard’s request for £200,000 a week.

Arsenal have pushed the boat out to offer Robin van Persie £130,000 a week in a bid to keep their skipper and hitman.

But Hazard’s agent John Bico has hinted his client’s biggest concern is getting regular football, something Arsenal can guarantee.

Hazard says he will make up his mind after Belgium’s June 2 game with England at Wembley.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Hope its true

It wont be

Japan Shaking All Over
24-05-2012, 09:23 AM

And I think it's a bit unfair calling Bendtner and Arshavin first-teamers considering both spent the season at other clubs.

Bit unfair calling Bendtner and Arshavin first teamers fullstop

AKBapologist
24-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Why would shitty be stunned by £200k a week wage demands? Seems pretty standard over there.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Boss
24-05-2012, 09:59 AM
If we get Kalou I will personally fly to London to slap some sense into Wenger.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2012, 10:00 AM
You know Wenget won't be able to resist. We get players from Chelsea without needing to buy them.

GP
24-05-2012, 10:01 AM

No you won't.

Boss
24-05-2012, 10:06 AM
No you won't.

Will be in London 10th - 16th August so if I can go for our first PL game I am definitely making this happen.

Pics or I will GTFO.

KSE Comedy Club
24-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Nothing wrong with Kalou on a free.

Less embarrassing than the twat in your sig.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-05-2012, 10:11 AM

There will probably be a bit of a queue. . .no need to get him, would be a waste of money that could be spent on someone more useful, Dempsey per say. . .and then the wage demands

Sorry didnt realise on a free. . .thanks Jee!

KSE Comedy Club
24-05-2012, 10:20 AM
No probs :good:

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Nothing wrong with Kalou on a free.

Less embarrassing than the twat in your sig.

There are probably quite a few clapped out chavs we can get for free to inflate the wage bill. I'm more interested in the Hazard story, this could be great comedy. Can't wait to hear the agent throwing a fit when we offer £4mill.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 10:25 AM
We should make an offer for Van Der Wiel

With Sagna dead, we need a right back

GP
24-05-2012, 10:30 AM
There are probably quite a few clapped out chavs we can get for free to inflate the wage bill. I'm more interested in the Hazard story, this could be great comedy. Can't wait to hear the agent throwing a fit when we offer £4mill.

A week?

I think he's holding out for more.

The cunt.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-05-2012, 10:45 AM

4 mil? Wenger knows :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
24-05-2012, 10:47 AM
We should make an offer for Van Der Wiel

With Sagna dead, we need a right back

Good player. . .heard anything?

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Good player. . .heard anything?Other than him saying he wants to leave Holland and England or Spain are his likely destination

We need a right back. Hes a good player. Sagnas out for ages. Its a no brainer really.

And that is why Wenger wont go for him

Syn
24-05-2012, 11:15 AM
If we get Kalou, I'm going to fly out to Bangladesh and kick TEG in the vagina.

But my Isaacness has come back to me and I happen to know who we're going to get. It's a player from the French league. Arsene love him long time. Out of favour, injury-prone, extremely talented - i.e. a classic Wenger buy. I won't ruin the ending.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Other than him saying he wants to leave Holland and England or Spain are his likely destination

We need a right back. Hes a good player. Sagnas out for ages. Its a no brainer really.

And that is why Wenger wont go for him

:lol: if Sagna is out then I agree, quality like him should be brought in. Not sure bout price but cant be any more than Clichy. . .still not convinced bout Santos but I cant see us going for another LB

MVila
would like Kagawa as Hazard will be too much, Dempsey would suffice tho
Cover for Csfhjudscjvy
Your Rb suggestion
given up on Verronghen CB not needed (?)

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 11:37 AM

But my Isaacness has come back to me and I happen to know who we're going to get. It's a player from the French league. Arsene love him long time. Out of favour, injury-prone, extremely talented - i.e. a classic Wenger buy. I won't ruin the ending.

Gourcuff

Syn

Ohhh, Syn, you've got us hooked now! Who is it???

Syn
Damn slightly too late. NQ with a hole in one tbf.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Ohhh, Syn, you've got us hooked now! Who is it???

I'd just bitten and you blew it.

Marc Overmars
24-05-2012, 11:38 AM

Racist.

KSE Comedy Club
24-05-2012, 11:39 AM
There are probably quite a few clapped out chavs we can get for free to inflate the wage bill. I'm more interested in the Hazard story, this could be great comedy. Can't wait to hear the agent throwing a fit when we offer £4mill.Well the interesting thing is that his agent has said that they have agreed personal terms with all 4 clubs and there will be no higher bidding. So I guess that means weve matched the transfer fee at least, and now its up to the little scrote which club he chooses.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Never been that impressed when I've seen him play, though this has mainly been at International level. But his injury profile is certainly something that might tempt us.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Well the interesting thing is that his agent has said that they have agreed personal terms with all 4 clubs and there will be no higher bidding. So I guess that means weve matched the transfer fee at least, and now its up to the little scrote which club he chooses.

Can't believe they were willing to let him go for £4mill!

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Well the interesting thing is that his agent has said that they have agreed personal terms with all 4 clubs and there will be no higher bidding. So I guess that means weve matched the transfer fee at least, and now its up to the little scrote which club he chooses.So the 4 clubs rumoured are

Man City - Money galore, like winners of fuck know how many trophies over the next few years

Man Utd - Best manager in the business, one of the biggest clubs in the world

Chelsea - CL Winners

Arsenal - Um......

We're fucked :(

Marc Overmars
24-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Hazard is a smokescreen™ tbh.

No way we're going to sign him.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 11:46 AM
So the 4 clubs rumoured are

Man City - Money galore, like winners of fuck know how many trophies over the next few years

Chelsea - CL Winners

Arsenal - Um......

This is never happening. Unless RvP is gone. We won't be bringing anyone in on higher wages than him if he's staying. Could get 2-3 decent players for the silly money being talked about, much better option.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 11:46 AM

No way we're going to sign him.Wengers smokescreens :bow:

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 11:47 AM

No way we're going to sign him.

Like a tramp standing next to a Roller and giving it large - all that's going to happen is we'll be asked to move along.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 11:49 AM
This is never happening. Unless RvP is gone. We won't be bringing anyone in on higher wages than him if he's staying. Could get 2-3 decent players for the silly money being talked about, much better option.RVPs gone.

No chance hes staying.

We have enough money to get Hazard and 2-3 decent players. Just need a manager whos willing to spend

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2012, 11:50 AM
So the 4 clubs rumoured are

Chelsea - CL Winners

Arsenal - Um......

Wenget is still loved in France, he can play with Gervinho again and Vermaelen can er talk Flemish to him (possibly).

Yeah what you said.

Özim
24-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Kalou is average, misses loads of chances and never really rated him.

Reckon that's enough for Wenger to sign him.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Kalou is average, misses loads of chances and never really rated him.

Reckon that's enough for Wenger to sign him.I dont think hes that bad. As a squad player, he'd be ok but as a starter, fuck that shit.

Cant see him coming to us though if hes just going to have the same role he had at Chelsea

Özim
24-05-2012, 12:04 PM
If Hazard wants to sign for us, we should definitely not sign him as that means he's got a screw loose.

On a serious note, good player but I don't think we have a hope.

Özim
24-05-2012, 12:06 PM
I dont think hes that bad. As a squad player, he'd be ok but as a starter, fuck that shit.

Cant see him coming to us though if hes just going to have the same role he had at Chelsea
Seems to miss quite a lot of easy chances, but I think if we did sign him it would be because RVP left, in which case he'd be more than a squad player and I don't think he's good enough for that.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2012, 12:06 PM
If Hazard wants to sign for us, we should definitely not sign him as that means he's got a screw loose.

On a serious note, good player but I don't think we have a hope.

If he has designs of joining Barca or Citeh when he willl be an inarguable starter then you could see the appeal.

I'm fully in Transfer Muppet mode now.

:dance:

Özim
24-05-2012, 12:07 PM
If he has designs of joining Barca or Citeh when he willl be an inarguable starter then you could see the appeal.

I'm fully in Transfer Muppet mode now.

:dance:
Very true.

Stepping stones :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
24-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Im actually quite positive about hazard possibly choosing us tbh.

If he joins citeh, he will have nasri and silva to compete with for a place.

If he joins chelsea, roman is about to rip the team apart and they still have plenty of uncertainty as to who the manager will be.

Utd and us are the only stable 1st team football choices he can make, we have the benefit of having wenger who he probably knows has been after him for years and he's a well respected manager in france.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2012, 12:26 PM
I can imagine Vermaelen, Kompany and Lukaku are all following him every day in training. Not sure who Man Utd have tbf.

Marc Overmars
24-05-2012, 12:28 PM

If he joins chelsea, roman is about to rip the team apart and they still have plenty of uncertainty as to who the manager will be.

Utd and us are the only stable 1st team football choices he can make, we have the benefit of having wenger who he probably knows has been after him for years and he's a well respected manager in france.

That's all well and good but it would still need us to double our record transfer fee and pay him on a level with what we're hoping to stick RVP on if he stays.

He's certainly not a signing who fits into how this club is run.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-05-2012, 12:35 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2012/may/24/top-50-transfer-targets-pictures

Obviously they're just speculating/making shit up.

Skrtel's pic at 11. :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
24-05-2012, 12:36 PM

It is scary to think that personal terms have been agreed with all teams interested and that we could be one of them. . .there sre though so many factors in this. . .

1) we are never going to pay more in salary than we give RvP
2) this guy wont be here past any contract we give him
3) we could buy MVila and Kagawa with a little tacked on to what we pay for him
4) we dont dont need a massive prima donna at the club as we have Song who can play there
5) he could fucking be immense, thus meaning Im going to have to about face, say I always liked him and Cripps knows his stuff

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I can imagine Vermaelen, Kompany and Lukaku are all following him every day in training. Not sure who Man Utd have tbf.Gary Neville?

Worked well with Ramsey tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2012, 12:38 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2012/may/24/top-50-transfer-targets-pictures

Skrtel's pic at 11. :lol:

Is that the only photo they could find? :sick:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Gary Neville?

Worked well with Ramsey tbh

I suppose he'll be there when England play Belgium. :popcorn:

Syn
24-05-2012, 12:40 PM
£30m for van persie? :lol: We'll be lucky to get £15m. Got around that for Henry didn't we?

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-05-2012, 12:41 PM
:lol:

I guess that's the most aesthetically pleasing one they could get for him.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2012, 12:42 PM
They don't link us to Kagawa but they do link us to Sneijder. WTF?

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 12:42 PM

Skrtel's pic at 11. :lol:Wtf?

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Wtf?

One can only imagine what he was trying to do to Lucas :sick:

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 12:48 PM
In that link Ngibbles has posted, Arsenal are linked with the following

Goetze
Kaka
Sneijder
M'Vila
Hoilett
Moses
Suarez
Giroud
Belhanda
Vertonghen
Dempsey
Hernanes
Ba
Tiote
Sigurdsson

Out of those 15, which is most likely?

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 12:59 PM

Really bizarre isn't it? A vicious rape scene.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 01:06 PM
In that link Ngibbles has posted, Arsenal are linked with the following

Goetze
Kaka
Sneijder
M'Vila
Hoilett
Moses
Suarez
Giroud
Belhanda
Vertonghen
Dempsey
Hernanes
Ba
Tiote
Sigurdsson

Out of those 15, which is most likely?

Chamakh's sister.

Syn
24-05-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/900062-arsenal-offer-6-4m-plus-marouane-chamakh-for-olivier-giroud

: (http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/900062-arsenal-offer-6-4m-plus-marouane-chamakh-for-olivier-giroud)haha:

I do love the point four. Such an Arsenal offer.

It's almost a shame it's fabricated bullshit like every other newspaper story out there.

I won't believe it until it's on goal.com

This is shit. Come on the Euros.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Belhanda would do, either a straight £15mill offer or £18mill plus Chamakh.

AKBapologist
24-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Bullet dodged.
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/900099-eden-hazard-ends-arsenal-transfer-hopes-by-reaffirming-desire-to-sign-for-rivals

Marc Overmars
24-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Cash + Chakma for Giroud is a pretty good move, if true.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Bullet dodged.
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/900099-eden-hazard-ends-arsenal-transfer-hopes-by-reaffirming-desire-to-sign-for-rivals

Transfer fee sorted, now a straight wages shootout under the pretence of a footballing reason. Man City it is then. Good idea to keep Utd and the chavs in the hunt though, might encourage the gypos to offer £200K, £500K maybe £1billion a week to be sure of collecting another player. Their transfer window must be fun, "got, got, got, need, got, need, got, got, got, got, got, need..."

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Cash + Chakma for Giroud is a pretty good move, if true.

Cash + Chamakh would be just as good.

milla
24-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Belhanda would do, either a straight £15mill offer or £18mill plus Chamakh.

Belhanda would be a wise choice. His style of play is suitable to EPL imo. :coffee:

Özim
24-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Bullet dodged.

Yeah and next season when he fires a bullet or two into our net we'll have dodged a couple more. Happy days:dance:

fakeyank
24-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah and next season when he fires a bullet or two into our net we'll have dodged a couple more. Happy days:dance:

Ollie the Optimist
24-05-2012, 08:14 PM

fuck me wenger cant win with you. when this money grabbing **** leaves in two years you would slate wenger for wasting 25 million on another nasri, now we dont sign him wengers a dick for not spending the money.

serious question here - what has hazard done in his career to warrent him whoring himself out like he is

Özim
24-05-2012, 08:19 PM
fuck me wenger cant win with you. when this money grabbing **** leaves in two years you would slate wenger for wasting 25 million on another nasri, now we dont sign him wengers a dick for not spending the money.

serious question here - what has hazard done in his career to warrent him whoring himself out like he is
Sorry but you know what when a club shows no ambition and doesn't try to win sh*t you can't blame players for leaving, top players want to play with top players and want to be successful, 4th f*cking place every season doesn't cut it.

People on here get excited when we sign sh*t like Chamakh and Gervinho who clearly are below par signings, what we need is some star quality our team is distinctly lacking some, when we were successful we had stars all over the pitch, nowadays we've got very little.

So yeah I think Hazard would have been a great signing, he scores goals, creates chances and was player of the year, I don't want to see unknown dross that can't shoot for sh*t and whose sum of skills seem to be made up of 5 yard passes, we've had it for 6 years plus and yes I've had enough.

As for whoring himself out, he's in demand and so he can choose, just like Sol Campbell and Pires did, clearly he was never going to come to us, why would he when we have nothing to offer to the better players...even our better players tend to leave.

Ollie the Optimist
24-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Sorry but you know what when a club shows no ambition and doesn't try to win sh*t you can't blame players for leaving, top players want to play with top players and want to be successful, 4th f*cking place every season doesn't cut it.

People on here get excited when we sign sh*t like Chamakh and Gervinho who clearly are below par signings, what we need is some star quality our team is distinctly lacking some, when we were successful we had stars all over the pitch, nowadays we've got very little.

So yeah I think Hazard would have been a great signing, he scores goals, creates chances and was player of the year, I don't want to see unknown dross that can't shoot for sh*t and whose sum of skills seem to be made up of 5 yard passes, we've had it for 6 years plus and yes I've had enough.

As for whoring himself out, he's in demand and so he can choose, just like Sol Campbell and Pires did, clearly he was never going to come to us, why would he when we have nothing to offer to the better players...even our better players tend to leave.

gervinho played in the same team as hazard and actually did well so just like gervinho hazard could be utter shit in this league. he is unproven, hell even chamkh scored goals in france.

sol campbell and pires had actually done something when they were whoring themselves out but i never remember them going everyday to another club when the press suddenly report that x club will up his wage more then y club is offering. (i could be wrong but i cant remember that happening)

lets say hazard goes to city, you say top players getting fourth every year can leave for a club with ambition so using nasri here. hazard is likely to replace him at city so if you were nasri would you be happy with just one season of winning the league to be replaced to nothing but a bench player for the odd game?

Özim
24-05-2012, 08:30 PM
gervinho played in the same team as hazard and actually did well so just like gervinho hazard could be utter shit in this league. he is unproven, hell even chamkh scored goals in france.

sol campbell and pires had actually done something when they were whoring themselves out but i never remember them going everyday to another club when the press suddenly report that x club will up his wage more then y club is offering. (i could be wrong but i cant remember that happening)

lets say hazard goes to city, you say top players getting fourth every year can leave for a club with ambition so using nasri here. hazard is likely to replace him at city so if you were nasri would you be happy with just one season of winning the league to be replaced to nothing but a bench player for the odd game?
Gervinho played in the same team but he was not in the same league as Hazard, the latter was always considered the gem hence the reason Lille wouldn't sell him before..there's no comparison between the two.

I don't hear money being involved, the clubs he mentions are all successful clubs, why wouldn't he want to go there....is it a crime to win now?

I don't want him to go to City, I don't want to see other teams being strengthened, I want to see us getting stronger not the other way round.

I'm not happy playing fiddle to anyone, does anyone actually remember the 4th placed team/person in any sport?

Ollie the Optimist
24-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Gervinho played in the same team but he was not in the same league as Hazard, the latter was always considered the gem hence the reason Lille wouldn't sell him before..there's no comparison between the two.

I don't hear money being involved, the clubs he mentions are all successful clubs, why wouldn't he want to go there....is it a crime to win now?

I don't want him to go to City, I don't want to see other teams being strengthened, I want to see us getting stronger not the other way round.

I'm not happy playing fiddle to anyone, does anyone actually remember the 4th placed team/person in any sport?

then i dont know what planet you are on. even city are thinking of pulling out of the deal because of his wage demands. if you were a talented player like he is, and chelsea, city and united were in for you. united surely stand out, there is more pride winning with them then the others and also more likely to give you a chance. a few crap games and dzeko was kicked out and they spunked another 20 odd million on someone else

Özim
24-05-2012, 08:40 PM
then i dont know what planet you are on. even city are thinking of pulling out of the deal because of his wage demands. if you were a talented player like he is, and chelsea, city and united were in for you. united surely stand out, there is more pride winning with them then the others and also more likely to give you a chance. a few crap games and dzeko was kicked out and they spunked another 20 odd million on someone else
There's other factors, like living in London going to a club most likely to win and liking the manager/style.

Maybe he see's Man City as the future and fancies playing with players like Aguero and Tevez, star players can also help attract other players, we use ot have the same thing when we had Henry, Vieira and co.

Unai Tea
24-05-2012, 08:46 PM
There's other factors, like living in London going to a club most likely to win and liking the manager/style.

Maybe he see's Man City as the future and fancies playing with players like Aguero and Tevez, star players can also help attract other players, we use ot have the same thing when we had Henry, Vieira and co.

Blah blah blah why can't we be more like Man City and show ambition blah blah blah.

Total nonsense.

Özim
24-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Blah blah blah why can't we be more like Man City and show ambition blah blah blah.

Total nonsense.
Not really, other clubs have ambitions, whether is be Spurs, Liverpool or City. They wouldn't just be happy staying in 4th place once they got there, they'd aim to win, we don't those are the hard facts I'm afraid.

You've seen 6 years of bottling it and settling for 4th and you think we have ambition, settling for what you've got isn't ambition, it's stagnation.

selassie
24-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Honestly, I don't think we're seen as an attractive proposition anymore both home & or abroad, at least not by "elite" semi-proven talent like Hazard. Regardless of whether we'd compete financially with the likes of Citeh, Man United or Chelsea, these clubs IMHO are seen as a much more attractive option than us. Why on earth would a player choose us over them?

We're firmly rooted as a 2nd tier club now. Unless we groom homegrown talent & start to seriously challenge, I really cannot see why any "top" player would want to stay here long term, we're at best seen as a stepping stone type club.

The likes of Hazard, M'Vila (if we do manage to sign him) would only be here for a few years to develop their game before the big guns come calling.

If I'm honest I think our player recruitment policy is pretty useless, has been for a few years now. Don't get me wrong, we make some good signings from time to time, but we make more than our fair share of dud buys and it shows a lot more know that we're not a successful club.

I also think we need to really improve on tieing our players down to lengthy contracts, I accept that our stars want to move on to bigger and better things but I really wish we wouldnt leave ourselves exposed to getting ripped off when we sell our stars.

I accept it's not all doom and gloom but I think this summer is going to be extremely painful, we can't even strengthen our squad because we need to get rid of so much dross, they are on high wages too. It's almost unbelievable that we're paying relatively high wages for players that no one wants to touch, yet we dither in the market when relatively decent players become available for prices well within our budget.

Unai Tea
24-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Not really, other clubs have ambitions, whether is be Spurs, Liverpool or City. They wouldn't just be happy staying in 4th place once they got there, they'd aim to win, we don't those are the hard facts I'm afraid.

You've seen 6 years of bottling it and settling for 4th and you think we have ambition, settling for what you've got isn't ambition, it's stagnation.

The only way to match the ambition of the mansouri's and abramovich's is to get a usmanov. That or massively improve our income. You characterise our lack of Aguero and Tevez and, very shortly, Hazard as an indictment of a lack of ambition. That's a joke. There are teams without financial constraints of any kind and there are the others who have to live within their means. Because Abramovich has a £500m yacht and I don't does that mean I lack ambition? You may as well demand I go win the lottery, and not the shitty £10m payout kind either.

By all means criticise the club for making poor decisions on things within their control, there are plenty of grievances. But don't be daft and criticise the club for not being completely free of financial constraint and claim it shows a lack of ambition vis-a-vis Man City, Chelsea or any of the other billionaire toy clubs.

selassie
24-05-2012, 09:32 PM
The only way to match the ambition of the mansouri's and abramovich's is to get a usmanov. That or massively improve our income. You characterise our lack of Aguero and Tevez and, very shortly, Hazard as an indictment of a lack of ambition. That's a joke. There are teams without financial constraints of any kind and there are the others who have to live within their means. Because Abramovich has a £500m yacht and I don't does that mean I lack ambition? You may as well demand I go win the lottery, and not the shitty £10m payout kind either.

By all means criticise the club for making poor decisions on things within their control, there are plenty of grievances. But don't be daft and criticise the club for not being completely free of financial constraint and claim it shows a lack of ambition vis-a-vis Man City, Chelsea or any of the other billionaire toy clubs.

Well I personally think we do the "bare" minimum to strengthen the squad, we're forever going for the "cheaper" option. Gervinho was basically the cheaper option last season when we were courting Mata. The fact that Mata become available for a price within our means for me is indictative of our lousy transfer policy, why on earth did we dither???

Unai Tea
24-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Well I personally think we do the "bare" minimum to strengthen the squad, we're forever going for the "cheaper" option. Gervinho was basically the cheaper option last season when we were courting Mata. The fact that Mata become available for a price within our means for me is indictative of our lousy transfer policy, why on earth did we dither???

Yes, we've not done as much as we could have. Blame the board, blame wenger, blame silent stan. Who knows. Maybe they actually believe we're good enough. Maybe they're struggling under the weight of too many overpaid, under-performing young players and never will be's. I don't know. It's a long way though from 'coulda done more' to 'lookit city, they have tevez and aguero, at least they show ambition'.

selassie
24-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Yes, we've not done as much as we could have. Blame the board, blame wenger, blame silent stan. Who knows. Maybe they actually believe we're good enough. Maybe they're struggling under the weight of too many overpaid, under-performing young players and never will be's. I don't know. It's a long way though from 'coulda done more' to 'lookit city, they have tevez and aguero, at least they show ambition'.

Spurs show more ambition than us, that in itself says it all for me.

Unai Tea
24-05-2012, 09:42 PM

Yes, they spent a shitload to get from mid-table/top 8 team to get where we are, nearly. Let's see them spend their way into a title.

And to stay on point, they've quite clearly shown no where near the same 'ambition' and chelsea and man city. Why not?

selassie
24-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Yes, they spent a shitload to get from mid-table/top 8 team to get where we are, nearly. Let's see them spend their way into a title.

In that case we shouldn't spend a penny then.

Coney
24-05-2012, 09:46 PM

We can piss on them without spending a penny.

Özim
24-05-2012, 09:47 PM

My point was more about why other teams are more attractive. Do you honestly think the better players will be happy to sign for a club who's ambition seems to be limited to a top 4 place and have no real top players?

Star players help you attract other top players, as does ambition to succeed, settling for 4th place with the kind of players we have doesn't.

Özim
24-05-2012, 09:48 PM

And to stay on point, they've quite clearly shown no where near the same 'ambition' and chelsea and man city. Why not?
and yet players seem very interested in signing for them, more so than for us. If you want to better yourself you need better players, signing joe bloggs from the French league all the time isn't really going to work.

Unai Tea
24-05-2012, 09:51 PM

No, we need to re-shape our side after getting to a dead end. But we're not going to spend £100m on players this summer like chelsea and man city will. We're not going to be able to buy our way out like they can. We have to work much harder and be much smarter. travel with sweat v. travel with petrol

selassie
24-05-2012, 09:52 PM

Id rather we compete with the big boys if I'm honest, I take no satisfaction from finishing a point ahead of those "idiots" down the road. I'm not advocating that we spend like Citeh or Chelsea but I would like to see us show more ambition in the market. The sad thing is we're not that far away from competing with the big boys, I honestly think 3, maybe 4 really shrewd 10-20million pound signings would have us up there. We have plenty of dross to get off the wage bill to free up some funds...I mean we must have some money...somewhere...surely?

selassie
24-05-2012, 09:54 PM
No, we need to re-shape our side after getting to a dead end. But we're not going to spend £100m on players this summer like chelsea and man city will. We're not going to be able to buy our way out like they can. We have to work much harder and be much smarter. travel with sweat v. travel with petrol

Who's talking about spending like Chelsea? Why is it when anybody mentions about us strenghtening our squad folks start saying we can't spend like Chelsea? It's like a standard Arsene Wenger response!

Unai Tea
24-05-2012, 09:58 PM
My point was more about why other teams are more attractive. Do you honestly think the better players will be happy to sign for a club who's ambition seems to be limited to a top 4 place and have no real top players?

Star players help you attract other top players, as does ambition to succeed, settling for 4th place with the kind of players we have doesn't.

Other top teams are more attractive because they can pay more and because they can pay more, they win more. Because they win more they are more attractive. More money, more attractive.

So you ask me, why don't we have more money. That's what it boils down to.

and yet players seem very interested in signing for them, more so than for us. If you want to better yourself you need better players, signing joe bloggs from the French league all the time isn't really going to work.

That's a lovely anecdotal statement which doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. Who've they signed so far? Who's desperate to join them because of their unrivalled ambition? Hazard? Tevez? Lavezzi? Falcao? Hulk? Show me quotes please because I missed them.

And if that's not the case, what are you talking about? They clearly lack ambition.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Wouldn't swap Wilshere and Ox for any two other players in the world except Ronaldo and that greasy little cheat. Hazard can kiss Jack's arse and no matter how good he is he'll be a fraction of how good Ox will be. There are no realistic signings out there for any amount of money that are better than the two we should see break through next season.

Unai Tea
24-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Who's talking about spending like Chelsea? Why is it when anybody mentions about us strenghtening our squad folks start saying we can't spend like Chelsea? It's like a standard Arsene Wenger response!

Well, I was responding to the chap suggesting we lack ambition because we don't have a team full of highly priced superstars - a conglameration the like of which can only be put together by teams spending heavily without fear of financial repercussions - like man city, like chelsea.

I think we need to clear out 10 players, as it seems they are doing, and then add 3-4 good first team players on top of Podolski. I think Podolski is a great addition to our team. We will not outspend chelsea. But I'm certainly not suggesting we don't bother doing anything at all.

selassie
24-05-2012, 10:06 PM

That does seem to be the case sadly. It really pisses me off because a couple of years ago players wouldn't think twice about choosing us over them.

Özim
24-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Well, I was responding to the chap suggesting we lack ambition because we don't have a team full of highly priced superstars - a conglameration the like of which can only be put together by teams spending heavily without fear of financial repercussions - like man city, like chelsea.
I disagree, you can have top players without spending hundreds of millions, but you need to sign players on the way up in the mould of the Hazards.

Özim
24-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Other top teams are more attractive because they can pay more and because they can pay more, they win more. Because they win more they are more attractive. More money, more attractive.

So you ask me, why don't we have more money. That's what it boils down to.

That's a lovely anecdotal statement which doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. Who've they signed so far? Who's desperate to join them because of their unrivalled ambition? Hazard? Tevez? Lavezzi? Falcao? Hulk? Show me quotes please because I missed them.

And if that's not the case, what are you talking about? They clearly lack ambition.
It's not just money I'm afraid, if it was we'd have never signed Pires of Campbell back in the day when up against Barca and Real. Players look for teams who show ambition and want to be the best, they also look at teams who have top players to play alongside (just like they did when Henry was about), in addition style of play counts....to put it down to money alone is narrowmindedness...there are other factors or else everyone would choose Man City.

As for Spurs in a head to head for a player I'm pretty sure they are the more attractive proposition with their style of play and perceived ambition (Van der Vaarts, Bale, Modric etc), they spend money on recognisable players whereas we tend to stick to buying relative unknowns. I've heard many times over the last year or two how a player would love to play for them.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 10:09 PM
I disagree, you can have top players without spending hundreds of millions, but you need to sign players on the way up in the mould of the Hazards.

When players "on the way up" start costing £32mill and demanding £200K a week then you let them sail past and get ready to laugh when you spot them on the way down.

selassie
24-05-2012, 10:10 PM

It's true that we lack ambition. I don't think Zimm was suggesting we load the team with "Hazards", more a case of signing an "elite" talent mixed in with some seasoned pros like Arteta and good quality talent home & abroad. We just seem to lack that extra bit of amibition. I personally think in some ways our transfer policy has gotten worse over the past few years. Last summer clearly highlighted that we don't have a strategy or any kind of vision.

selassie
24-05-2012, 10:11 PM
When players "on the way up" start costing £32mill and demanding £200K a week then you let them sail past and get ready to laugh when you spot them on the way down.

You could also argue that spending that extra million or two on Alonso or Mata could have made quite a difference. It works both ways.

Unai Tea
24-05-2012, 10:12 PM

I completely agree. But players on the way up like Hazard who will cost £32m and crush our pay structure look very similar to players who've arrived. Whether or not we ante'd up to the hazard party I don't know. By all accounts he's a special talent - bit of a dick obviously, but very good by all accounts.

Certainly players like M'vila and kagawa fit the mold of 'players on the way up'. If we manage to get our grubby paws on both of them we'll be well on our way. Throw in an uninjured Wilshere and a growing Ox, as NQ suggests, and we have the makings of a very good and competitive side.

Didn't see this before I posted but yes, exactly.

Özim
24-05-2012, 10:13 PM
I wasn't necessarily suggesting Hazard, there are other examples that exist, they won't be 10 million but at the same time we could afford them if we chose to...sadly we seem hung up on signing players for as little moneyt as possible and have no interest in up and coming potential stars or players who can make the difference.

In addition if we were a more attractive proposition in terms of playing style, team sheet and perceived ambition (i.e signing players that people actually know and can see potential with), players might see us as a team on the way up and may well want to be part of the setup. If you can't pay huge wages you have to have something else on offer, as far as I can see we offer very little.

Özim
24-05-2012, 10:18 PM
It's true that we lack ambition. I don't think Zimm was suggesting we load the team with "Hazards", more a case of signing an "elite" talent mixed in with some seasoned pros like Arteta and good quality talent home & abroad. We just seem to lack that extra bit of amibition. I personally think in some ways our transfer policy has gotten worse over the past few years. Last summer clearly highlighted that we don't have a strategy or any kind of vision.
Totally agree, last summer we had an opportunity, we lost two high profile players and we could have gone out and found one or two ambitious buys who may be close to being very special. Instead we signed players who whilst they are decent players are not players who are really going to win you any titles.

You could argue that Ox Chamberlain was in that mould however he was neither established enough or old enough to fit into this category as good a player as he is, in addition he's been scarcely played which suggests he's another "one for the future" a future which never arrives incidentally.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 10:18 PM
You could also argue that spending that extra million or two on Alonso or Mata could have made quite a difference. It works both ways.

And I have argued we should have spent the money on Alonso - a tried and tested pro who didn't want the earth and everything on it just to turn up. He's a pro, Hazard may be a pro one day but he wants all the trappings immediately and whichever clubs lands him, more fool them. Can you imagine bringing some trumped up kid in on more money than RvP? How would that help us? Hazard is aptly named. Give me Dempsey and a couple of other solid pros any day. Besides, the minute we spunk £32mill on one player you can guarantee a season long injury.

Özim
24-05-2012, 10:20 PM
And I have argued we should have spent the money on Alonso - a tried and tested pro who didn't want the earth and everything on it just to turn up. He's a pro, Hazard may be a pro one day but he wants all the trappings immediately and whichever clubs lands him, more fool them. Can you imagine bringing some trumped up kid in on more money than RvP? How would that help us? Hazard is aptly named. Give me Dempsey and a couple of other solid pros any day. Besides, the minute we spunk £32mill on one player you can guarantee a season long injury.
Both Alonso and Mata are top top players and a level ahead of almost every player we have.

Had we pushed the boat out and signed them we'd be a lot better side for it, trouble is we never do.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 10:24 PM
I wasn't necessarily suggesting Hazard, there are other examples that exist, they won't be 10 million but at the same time we could afford them if we chose to...sadly we seem hung up on signing players for as little moneyt as possible and have no interest in up and coming potential stars or players who can make the difference.

In addition if we were a more attractive proposition in terms of playing style, team sheet and perceived ambition (i.e signing players that people actually know and can see potential with), players might see us as a team on the way up and may well want to be part of the setup. If you can't pay huge wages you have to have something else on offer, as far as I can see we offer very little.

Fact is, the chavs and city get first pick. Their billionaire owners dictate this. Then we get to scrap it out with the normal clubs for what's left. Doesn't mean we can't pick up decent players, we could, and doesn't mean we aren't tight-fisted bastards, because we are. But refusing to play silly twats like city in the transfer market isn't a bad thing. Our ****ish board demanding profits in the transfer window is the real problem. But you can hardly accuse the ****s of lacking ambition - they are ruthlessly ambitious bastards as far as I can see. On a personal level at least, not sure they give a fuck about the club as such.

Unai Tea
24-05-2012, 10:26 PM
It's not just money I'm afraid, if it was we'd have never signed Pires of Campbell back in the day when up against Barca and Real. Players look for teams who show ambition and want to be the best, they also look at teams who have top players to play alongside (just like they did when Henry was about), in addition style of play counts....to put it down to money alone is narrowmindedness...there are other factors or else everyone would choose Man City.

As for Spurs in a head to head for a player I'm pretty sure they are the more attractive proposition with their style of play and perceived ambition (Van der Vaarts, Bale, Modric etc), they spend money on recognisable players whereas we tend to stick to buying relative unknowns. I've heard many times over the last year or two how a player would love to play for them.

It is money. Plain and simple. The more of it you spend, the better you get. That's you're own bloody argument. You think Tevez and Aguero, as you mentioned, are free? If you can pay to have them in your side then you stand a better chance at winning and thereby attracting players, who keep you at the top. That's your argument, and it's sound, but it requires money. It all comes back to that.

You talk about Henry and Pires and Campbell, those were all great buys and basically on the cheap. Those three couldn't buy you half a hazard these days. But that was in a day when all we had to compete against was Man Utd. There were no mega £££ teams around. We were a top proposition then, now not so much. Why? Money.

And Tottenham, seriously? THey buy Van de vaart, modric and bale and are a team who spend on recognisable players unlike us? That's utterly disingenious. Never mind the fact that most of our best buys were 'nobodies' who became 'recognisable' for us. But yeah, to name a few comparables:
-Arshavin
-Vermaelen
-Rosicky
-Ramsey
-Ox

All very much in the same mould.

Grebbo
24-05-2012, 10:30 PM

You're assuming Alonso would have chosen us over Real Madrid. Highly unlikely.

Same with Mata and Chelsea.

Is this Vertonghen any good? If so why are Spurs the only club in for him?

Grebbo
24-05-2012, 10:33 PM
The thing with hazard is it's hard to judge how good he is as the French league is clearly dog shit.

Why don't we seem to sign excellent French players anymore? They seem to have all gone to the North East of England instead.

Unai Tea
24-05-2012, 10:34 PM

I think Spurs are his favourite club because they have no centre backs and he's more or less gauranteed to start, week in and week out. If we didn't have Murderbagger and Koscielny, we'd have been his favourite club.

He'd have been nice as another CB as part of a competition and as a insurance policy at DM and LB. But he probably knew that.

Özim
24-05-2012, 10:34 PM
The Newcastle guy Ben Arfa is excellent to be honest, we should have signed him.

Özim
24-05-2012, 10:37 PM
It is money. Plain and simple. The more of it you spend, the better you get. That's you're own bloody argument. You think Tevez and Aguero, as you mentioned, are free? If you can pay to have them in your side then you stand a better chance at winning and thereby attracting players, who keep you at the top. That's your argument, and it's sound, but it requires money. It all comes back to that.

You talk about Henry and Pires and Campbell, those were all great buys and basically on the cheap. Those three couldn't buy you half a hazard these days. But that was in a day when all we had to compete against was Man Utd. There were no mega £££ teams around. We were a top proposition then, now not so much. Why? Money.

And Tottenham, seriously? THey buy Van de vaart, modric and bale and are a team who spend on recognisable players unlike us? That's utterly disingenious. Never mind the fact that most of our best buys were 'nobodies' who became 'recognisable' for us. But yeah, to name a few comparables:
-Arshavin
-Vermaelen
-Rosicky
-Ramsey
-Ox

All very much in the same mould.
Not in the sense you seem to be referring, yes they will cost more but it's not purely about money or they'd always go to the highest bidder.

If you have nothing to offer, then yes it is about money, if however you have other things, for example a top manager with a history of success, recent successes as a club, some top players and a history of spending when it's needed (eg Man Utd) you can attract anyone.

Özim
24-05-2012, 10:38 PM
I think Spurs are his favourite club because they have no centre backs and he's more or less gauranteed to start, week in and week out. If we didn't have Murderbagger and Koscielny, we'd have been his favourite club.

He'd have been nice as another CB as part of a competition and as a insurance policy at DM and LB. But he probably knew that.
The only players who think we're their favourite clubs are basically nobodies these days, a far cry from 6-7 years ago when most top players would have loved to play for us.

Grebbo
24-05-2012, 10:39 PM
The Newcastle guy Ben Arfa is excellent to be honest, we should have signed him.

Yeah, typical Wenger 1998-2005 signing. I'd much rather him than dross such as Chamakh, Slap head, Ramsey etc.

We don't seem to be signing exciting French players and that is a worry as that's what made us great!

Özim
24-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Yeah, typical Wenger 1998-2005 signing. I'd much rather him than dross such as Chamakh, Slap head, Ramsey etc.

We don't seem to be signing exciting French players and that is a worry as that's what made us great!
Totally agree, the players we sign now are run of the mill average joe's and that was my point exactly, none of the exciting players we use to be linked with a la Pires for example...and that's why we'll never really be competitive.

selassie
24-05-2012, 10:55 PM

I'm not assuming anything, we were in advanced negotiations with both Liverpool & Valencia respectively over Alonso & Mata but haggled on prices and backed away, it's been widely reported, both clubs as good as confirmed this. Chelsea for example swooped in and got Mata because we wouldn't pay an extra 2.5 million.

What's Vertonghen got to do with it?

selassie
24-05-2012, 11:02 PM

Fair play on Alonso.

Yeh I accept Hazard is a bit of a handful and 32million is too much of a risk, but it shouldn't distract us from going for elite talent. Players like M'Vila & Kagawa should be firmly on our radar and we should be doing as much as we can to bring them in. Not haggling over small change, we should be paying the going rate. Both of those players will significantly upgrade our First XI IMHO.

Back onto Hazard, IMHO he has the potential to win us Titles, Dempsey doesn't. Dempsey is a good player mind, just not someone who will improve us that much. I mean would he really upgrade our first XI? I think not. He'd be an excellent squad player though, about as good as we could get.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Arsenal are ready to open the bidding for Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud by offering £6.4m, plus Marouane Chamakh, for the 25-year-old.
Full story: The Metro

Who?

KSE Comedy Club
24-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Not sure what the point of this argument is anymore :shrug:

Looks to me like wenger was ready to stump up the £32m asking price for hazard but obviously wouldnt match his stupidly ridiculous wage demands, so he's turned us down.

I'm sure we'll sign a star or two this summer.

KSE Comedy Club
24-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Who?Don't be silly, you know who he is :sulk:

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Don't be silly, you know who he is :sulk:This Micoud Pub Teamer? Nope

KSE Comedy Club
24-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Oh come on, he just helped Montpellier win the ligue 1 title.

25 goals scored or something.

Grebbo
24-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm not assuming anything, we were in advanced negotiations with both Liverpool & Valencia respectively over Alonso & Mata but haggled on prices and backed away, it's been widely reported, both clubs as good as confirmed this. Chelsea for example swooped in and got Mata because we wouldn't pay an extra 2.5 million.

What's Vertonghen got to do with it?

You're assuming Alonso and Mata wanted to join us. I'm saying they didn't.

Agreeing a fee with the club doesn't mean shit.

Vertonghen was just a general question not relating to me quoting you.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Oh come on, he just helped Montpellier win the ligue 1 title.

25 goals scored or something.Dont watch or follow French football

I only know Montygomerie whatever won the title cos it was mentioned on GW by people pretending to giver a fuck about French football

Dont even know who the other CL quailifers

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Buy Gary Hooper tbh

Ollie the Optimist
24-05-2012, 11:35 PM

zimm i found this stat, i thought you might like it given you think hazard is great and kagawa is not so great.

hazard - 192 apps, 50 goals, 38 assists (club) 26 apps, 1 goal (international)
kagawa - 198 apps, 86 goals, 45 assists (club) apps 30, goals 10. (international)

does this change your opinion at all? not trying to be wummish here, genuniely interested given what you ahve said about both players.

Ollie the Optimist
24-05-2012, 11:37 PM

havnt we heard every year and all this season that their aim is to beat us in the league? thats hardly ambition is it? every year they come out with the same crap as this will be the year we beat arsenal

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Who?

The guy who helped the underdog overcome a bullshit big money team who tried to buy the French league. Sounds like just the sort of player we need given our own challenges with dogshit teams like city. His mate Belhanda is pretty tasty too - at least I would!

hobson's choice
25-05-2012, 01:45 AM
You're assuming Alonso and Mata wanted to join us. I'm saying they didn't.

Agreeing a fee with the club doesn't mean shit.

Vertonghen was just a general question not relating to me quoting you.

I'm sure I heard/read somewhere that Mata thought he was heading to Arsenal.

hobson's choice
25-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Gourcuff

Great talent, but he lacks desire, although with Wenger as his manager, he might get the best out of him. Wouldn't say no to that move at all.

hobson's choice
25-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Looking at Hazard, honestly I don't see a truly great player, I see a good player, but just like Neymar, he's getting hyped up to the moon. Because there really aren't that many great out of the players in today's game. So we just hype up any player who can do some nice things.

Master Splinter
25-05-2012, 03:33 AM
Great talent, but he lacks desire, although with Wenger as his manager, he might get the best out of him. Wouldn't say no to that move at all.

N_Q meant to say Aliadiere, actually.

Munchies
25-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Why do we delay so much when signing one player ?

We've known about Hazard from around 2 years ago , ie when he scored against Liverpool, and I'm pretty sure Wenger knew about him before. A £10 million or so bid would have been enough back then. Same goes for M'Vila, just tie it up already, rather than inviting other clubs to join in and we lose the player.

Siggurdson just joined Swansea for about £7 mill, and it happened fairly quickly !

KSE Comedy Club
25-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Why do we delay so much when signing one player ?

We've known about Hazard from around 2 years ago , ie when he scored against Liverpool, and I'm pretty sure Wenger knew about him before. A £10 million or so bid would have been enough back then. Same goes for M'Vila, just tie it up already, rather than inviting other clubs to join in and we lose the player.

Siggurdson just joined Swansea for about £7 mill, and it happened fairly quickly !We did bid for hazard but he wanted to stay at Lille and they didn't want to sell him.

You can't always assume that it's our end that is being held up, sometimes it's the other party that causes the issues.

Also, we bought podolski for £10m , and it happened fairly quickly ;)

KSE Comedy Club
25-05-2012, 06:39 AM
The guy who helped the underdog overcome a bullshit big money team who tried to buy the French league. Sounds like just the sort of player we need given our own challenges with dogshit teams like city. His mate Belhanda is pretty tasty too - at least I would!You bloody tart!

AKBapologist
25-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Kagawas off to united.

RVP probably wants to leave.

And is no one else noticing how the best players from the so called examples of poor teams winning leagues are being ripped apart. Doubt either will be a force next year.

Tomorrow some off you will all be saying how money has made zero impact whatsoever. Blindly protesting that were a big club whilst completely oblivious to the football economy that drives the sports foodchain.

Marc Overmars
25-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Seems as though United are confident of signing both Hazard and Kagawa.

Damn.

Ralpheroo72
25-05-2012, 08:56 AM
I hope Hazard dislocates a finger signing the contract. A diva, and he's only 21! He would be a nightmare for us, Barca dna would pop up after a season... no thanks.

Damn.

Munchies
25-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Damn Kagawa is some player :( . Apparently he's going to cost up to £16 million.

'United is believed to be hopeful of wrapping up a quick deal but it is understood that Arsenal's interest remains strong and the Londoners could also submit an offer for a key figure in Dortmund's back-to-back league titles.'

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2012/05/24/3123944/manchester-united-lodges-17m-euro-bid-for-kagawa

Özim
25-05-2012, 09:00 AM

Damn.
Can't be right because as we all well know it's all about money, they must be going to Man City since they have the most.

Özim
25-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Damn Kagawa is some player :( . Apparently he's going to cost up to £16 million.

'United is believed to be hopeful of wrapping up a quick deal but it is understood that Arsenal's interest remains strong and the Londoners could also submit an offer for a key figure in Dortmund's back-to-back league titles.'

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2012/05/24/3123944/manchester-united-lodges-17m-euro-bid-for-kagawa
We're so slow when it comes to transfer negotiations that I think they're pretty safe, they should have most of the summer to wrap this deal up.

Letters
25-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Can't be right because as we all well know it's all about money, they must be going to Man City since they have the most.
You're saying money isn't a factor? :sarcy:

Özim
25-05-2012, 09:09 AM
You're saying money isn't a factor? :sarcy:
I'm saying money isn't the only criteria as some people seem to think. Money comes into it but for many players there are other factors such as style of play, manager profile, previous successes, probability of playing regularly, location.

There's lots of factors, I don't think players sign for Man U purely because of the financial side, in a head to head vs us they are more successful and have been much more successful in recent years, more ambitious in terms of chasing success and have more international appeal generally due to success in Europe as well.

Being a successful club brings you a lot of prestige and that's attractive to players.

AKBapologist
25-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Is not the only factor, but is the biggest.

Anyone else remember what Fergie did to stop Rooney from leaving? Could you see that happing here?

Kano
25-05-2012, 09:30 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7777224/Vertonghen-s-Spurs-doubts

IBK
25-05-2012, 10:55 AM
I think we are beign a bit harsh on our team. Ebven in the glory years AW tended to sign more Podolski type players than Hazard/Neymar type ones - After Bergkamp, we were never linked to the over-hyped so-called superstars. I don't think that much has changed in this regard.

I think we can all accept that AW probably over-reached himself with his youth project about 3 or so years ago, and that he paid too much for a batch of players who didn't work out and who are now dead wood. But he has also unearthed some very good players - and it would be interesting to see how many more illustrious signings have failed at our competitors' teams.

Clearly, the likes of Citeh and the Chavs will have a better success hit rate, because they are able to pay more for players in the first place - but even at those teams there have been some spectacular failures. To suggest that we should be in the running with them for the likes of Hazard is ridiculous, as clearly we can compete. And as some have said, I think we should avoid this type of hyped player like the plague. Remember that the season just past is the first time that we have not suffered the corrosive effect of players who think they are too good for arsenal, and it has showed.

I wonder whether the real issue is not the lack of ''ambition" that failure to sign the superstars represents, but rather the inherent conservatism/stubbornness that seems to prevent us from signing the 2 or 3 quality players needed to push on. I have a lot more sympathy with this argument. Its ridiculous that we gambled on RVP staying fit this season; that the manager continues to look on Diaby as a useful contributer to our team; that we have no first call back up for holding midfielder - all of which contributed to the points gap between us and the Mancs this season. Lets hope that wenger's learnt his lesson.

But even if he has, I think its pointless to wish for a £30M player signing for us this Summer, and would most probably be a mistake to do so.

AKBapologist
25-05-2012, 11:14 AM
I would like a Falco, Aguero or Yaya Toure because they are exactly the type and quality of players we really need. Not because of there price tag.

And quite honestly, until the club charge reasonable ticket prices I'm not prepared to accept anything less

My predictions:
RVP leaves
Guroid comes in
Hulk goes to chavs
City have a quiet summer replacing one or two of their strikers
United rebuild their midfield
Liverpool end up with a pub teamer for manager.
We fail to shift most of the shit until the final day of the tranfser window doing another 1 step forward 2 steps back.

hobson's choice
25-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Will much rather have Giroud than Hulk, really don't see what is great about him.

Syn
25-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Will much rather have Giroud than Hulk, really don't see what is great about him. Dont know what youre on about. He's incredible.

Coney
25-05-2012, 11:53 AM

Id rather we compete with the big boys if I'm honest, I take no satisfaction from finishing a point ahead of those "idiots" down the road. I'm not advocating that we spend like Citeh or Chelsea but I would like to see us show more ambition in the market. The sad thing is we're not that far away from competing with the big boys, I honestly think 3, maybe 4 really shrewd 10-20million pound signings would have us up there. We have plenty of dross to get off the wage bill to free up some funds...I mean we must have some money...somewhere...surely?

I agree completely. I'd just hoped you would have seen the joke. :(

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2012, 12:01 PM

Damn.

Win some, lose some. We beat them to Ramsey.

AKBapologist
25-05-2012, 12:01 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/05/25/3126246/arsenal-refuse-van-persie-permission-to-speak-to-other-clubs

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Dont know what youre on about. He's incredible.

He's green when it comes to these things.

hobson's choice
25-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Dont know what youre on about. He's incredible.

he's ok, but he's not a big time striker, he's a pub league striker.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2012, 12:06 PM
he's ok, but he's not a big time striker, he's a pub league striker.

Thing he'd be a marvel for us, he'd gain super hero status.

Marc Overmars
25-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Win some, lose some. We beat them to Ramsey.

Money well spent. :bow:

Sent from my desktop computer using Firefox 12.0

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Money well spent. :bow:

Sent from my desktop compouter using Firefox 12.0

Indeed.

Sent from your computer using Hackathon 2.0

Joker
25-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Us not getting Hazard is understandable, although if we go back to 2003-2004 we'd at least be in with a shout of getting him even if teams could offer him more money. However, that doesn't excuse us passing up the opportunity to get good quality players who wouldn't have cost the earth, which we've done over the last 5 years. The names have already been mentioned in this thread (Alonso, Mata, Parker, Ben Arfa/Cabaye etc), and instead we went to the bargain basement and settled for dross like Chamakh, Silvestre, Bischoff, Park, Denilson, Squillaci, Almunia, Fabianski, etc. Wenger has made some decent signings like Vermaelen, Sagna and now Podolski but they are vastly outnumbered by the crap in recent years.

IBK
25-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Us not getting Hazard is understandable, although if we go back to 2003-2004 we'd at least be in with a shout of getting him even if teams could offer him more money. However, that doesn't excuse us passing up the opportunity to get good quality players who wouldn't have cost the earth, which we've done over the last 5 years. The names have already been mentioned in this thread (Alonso, Mata, Parker, Ben Arfa/Cabaye etc), and instead we went to the bargain basement and settled for dross like Chamakh, Silvestre, Bischoff, Park, Denilson, Squillaci, Almunia, Fabianski, etc. Wenger has made some decent signings like Vermaelen, Sagna and now Podolski but they are vastly outnumbered by the crap in recent years.

Eduardo; Nasri; Koscielny; Song; Oxlade; Arshavin; Nasri; Arteta; Mertesacker. All players who were either 'names' or quality players. Not sure Wenger's got it any more wrong than other top managers when evened out. Even the great SAF had to rely on 2 geriatrics this season because he didn;t have sufficient quality in house...

Joker
25-05-2012, 02:11 PM
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david

M'Vila camp tell me he will not be joining Arsenal or any other PL club as things stand. Only serious interest from elsewhere in Europe #afc

He's exactly the type of player we need, and he wouldn't cost the earth nor would we be in competition with Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd etc. Why aren't we seriously interested?

Joker
25-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Eduardo; Nasri; Koscielny; Song; Oxlade; Arshavin; Nasri; Arteta; Mertesacker. All players who were either 'names' or quality players. Not sure Wenger's got it any more wrong than other top managers when evened out. Even the great SAF had to rely on 2 geriatrics this season because he didn;t have sufficient quality in house...

Fair point but some of those were simply bought in to replace first team players. For example, Eduardo replaced Henry, Arteta replaced Cesc and Nasri replaced Hleb. He should have bought this calibre of players to augment the squad, not simply to replace players who had left.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2012, 02:32 PM
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david

M'Vila camp tell me he will not be joining Arsenal or any other PL club as things stand. Only serious interest from elsewhere in Europe #afc

He's exactly the type of player we need, and he wouldn't cost the earth nor would we be in competition with Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd etc. Why aren't we seriously interested?

How much do you actually know about M'Vila? Why do you say he's exactly what we need? Seems to me with Sagna out we need a FB more than another midfielder. And even though Podolski is here, another striker is required if you consider Chamakh, Vela, Bendtner aren't viable. Jack will be back, who are we dropping for M'Vila? Song or Arteta? I know it's good to have options but chucking a load of cash at another midfield player seems luxurious when we are short on quality in other areas.

milla
25-05-2012, 02:36 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/05/25/3126246/arsenal-refuse-van-persie-permission-to-speak-to-other-clubs

You use HTC One X only to read this pile shite? really? :coffee: