PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Blackburn

Cripps_orig
04-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Very good win. Doesnt change much.

Front 3 were brilliant. Ox on the left, Theo on the right and the goal machine in the middle. RVP, please sign the contract for us, the fans. Fuck Wenger and his retarded ways.

Why cant we play like that all the time?

Conceded a wonder goal again but didnt cost us.

Rosicky has to be ahead of Ramsey now.

Good moment for the fans with Henry scoring.

Bring on the next game against whoever it is we play

milla
04-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Sack Wenger :coffee:

Marc Overmars
Good win and nice to rack up the goals again.

Sunderland away next week which we won't win but meh.

Ollie the Optimist
Arsenal :bow:

Wenger :bow:

RVP :bow:

The king :bow:

Football :bow:

fakeyank
Thierry henry MOTM

Fats
Decent performance against a poor side not helped by Givets sending off.

Finished off by the prems best ever centre forward TH14

McNamara That Ghost...
We can still hammer teams. :faint:

Dennis Bendtner
04-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Oxygen Chamber :bow:

KESSLER
04-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Excellent :patrice:

Cripps_orig
04-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Think thats 40 points now

Doubt we'll go down :bow:

Safe from relegation at the start of February. Id take that.

Although with Wenger in charge, there is always a possibility

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Very good win. Doesnt change much.

Front 3 were brilliant. Ox on the left, Theo on the right and the goal machine in the middle. RVP, please sign the contract for us, the fans. Fuck Wenger and his retarded ways.Why cant we play like that all the time?

Conceded a wonder goal again but didnt cost us.

Rosicky has to be ahead of Ramsey now.

Good moment for the fans with Henry scoring.

Bring on the next game against whoever it is we play

We won 7-1 so if he is reatded and we manged to win 7-1 he must be alswome tbh.

all in all it was a good win, good to smash somebody for the 1st time in ages, even if blackburn were poor, liek you say it don't change much, but a win is a win and we needed it and i can see the lads taken confidence from it.

what a way to get your 1st win of the year.

milla
04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Oxygen Chamber :bow:

Football Nazi tbh. :coffee:

BOBN
We drop ramsey and look what happens. Wenger took his merry time about it tho.

Nevermind your walcotts or your meterseckers, that boys been by far the biggest liability in the team all season, an absolute passenger. Now its time to kick on.

Aida
This is why Vp is amazing it feels like his the only one willing to find Henry, When Henry is in a dangerous position. No one else wanted to do one two's with Henry that's the only negative i can think

The positive is one word ....... WOW

Ollie the Optimist
04-02-2012, 03:02 PM
its scary just how good the ox and the coq are. only 18 and 20. they will be special special players

Marc Overmars
04-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Rosicky first choice now?

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 03:03 PM
its scary just how good the ox and the coq are. only 18 and 20. they will be special special players

Its a shame the manager never let him play earlier in the season who knows where we will be now, all i know he has to start every game, even if it means drop Theo/Gev or Arshavin.

Coq is quality and will probs be 1st choice cm in a few seasons tbh, shame once sagna is fit he won't play as much.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Rosicky first choice now?

Did we look better with out Ramsey

Sirjackofwilshere
How good is Coquelin eh? This aint something new, hes always been quality and imo will become a stalwart.

Dennis Bendtner
Van Persie has 28 goals now. Prolific. Ought to get 40. Our next best is 6. lulz.

milla
04-02-2012, 03:05 PM

Yeah credit to Oxo and Coq. Also Rosicky for being miles better than Ramsey. :coffee:

Ollie the Optimist
04-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Van Persie has 28 goals now. Prolific. Ought to get 40. Our next best is 6. lulz.

Robin has scored 40 goals in last 41 prem appearances.

and joker said he wasnt consistent enough :haha:

fakeyank
04-02-2012, 03:06 PM
AW haters :pal:

KSE Comedy Club
04-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Looks like Arteta's little speech to the press the other day did the trick.

Arteta the motivator :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
Robin has scored 40 goals in last 41 prem appearances.

and joker said he wasnt consistent enough :haha:

It's a bit like a Barca fan hating Messi, to be honest. And Robin isn't a diving midget prick.

Olivier's xmas twist
AW haters :pal:

:gp:

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 03:09 PM
It's a bit like a Barca fan hating Messi, to be honest. And Robin isn't a diving midget prick.

But RVP is not a diving cheating **** though

Marc Overmars
Coq is a fantastic understudy to have for Song.

Saying that, he's doing a decent job at fullback anyway.

Syn

:haha:

Indeed.

Japan Shaking All Over
Decent summary by Ach at the start of the thread!

Will have to admit Walcott played well. . .but one game every now and then just flatters to deceive so I cant share the 'he's back' sentiment that Ach getting worked up by. . .

Rosicky's performance should keep Ramsey on the bench, who needs to sit down for a while

Syn
04-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Oxlade is legit. 18 years old and football is too easy for him.

He has consistently made football look simple in every appearance he has made for us. It's the same effortless arrogance that Van Persie has. No over-thinking...drop of the shoulder, and he's away.

Joker
04-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Good win against a crap side. The real test will be next week away to Sunderland. It's easy to look good against a struggling side down to 10 men at home, but can the players stand up and be counted when facing a competent side in form?

Fats
:console:
AW haters :pal: anyone thinking 1 game against a poor side makes a difference

GP
RvP plays like he's being controlled on FIFA12.

Walcott plays like he's being controlled on QWOP.

Marc Overmars
04-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Good win against a crap side. The real test will be next week away to Sunderland. It's easy to look good against a struggling side down to 10 men at home, but can the players stand up and be counted when facing a competent side in form?

No.

Which is why I'm going to enjoy this win.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Oxlade is legit. 18 years old and football is too easy for him.

He has consistently made football look simple in every appearance he has made for us. It's the same effortless arrogance that Van Persie has. No over-thinking...drop of the shoulder, and he's away.

He's only 1 goal away from equaling theo's league goals this season.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 03:14 PM

hymppi
the game was pretty much over after the red card and arteta's goal.
it was very pleasant to watch our game without the usual sloppy finishing and conceding stupid goals.
what a great day to be a gooner.
i have always had the faith in coquelin, he'll be a hell of a player.

rvp's hat trick felt good considering he's in my falv's footie league squad.
:patrice:

Marc Overmars
Big question now is, Walnut or Gervais?

Ox should be first choice and if he's dropped Wenger needs to be gassed.

Dennis Bendtner
04-02-2012, 03:15 PM

http://files.sharenator.com/cup_of_LOL_LOL-s448x394-48055-580.gif

Syn
04-02-2012, 03:15 PM

That doesn't really matter. Theo could well have had a crack at goal (and missed) to deny Oxlade his second. But yes, we need another productivity machine to support Van Persie. Out of the current bunch, Oxlade looks the most likely.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 03:16 PM

So you think Wenger spent 10 mill on Gev to bench him for Ox never going to happen, we all know once Gev is back he is 1st choice. whether theo is dropped is another matter.

hymppi
04-02-2012, 03:17 PM
let's just enjoy this.
btw, stoke-sunderland on telly, they don't look too hot.

fakeyank
:console: anyone thinking 1 game against a poor side makes a difference

AW is back tbh..

hobson's choice
Good win, would like to see Coquelin at RB when play shit teams, where we gonna dominate the play. So much better going forward than Sagna and Jenko, who just always indiscriminately hoof a cross into the box

Joker

I would go with Gervinho, he seems to have a more well rounded game compared to Walcott.

Olivier's xmas twist
That doesn't really matter. Theo could well have had a crack at goal (and missed) to deny Oxlade his second. But yes, we need another productivity machine to support Van Persie. Out of the current bunch, Oxlade looks the most likely.

Agree don't mind theo not scoring tbh, if he can assit ox like that for him to tuck them away ill be happy tbh. Id even drop Gev for Ox but wenger won't

Dennis Bendtner

Gervais fairly comfortably. Walcott can be an impact sub. Gervais---RVP---Ox could be quite a potent forward line, with the widemen cutting in. Hopefully encourages Gervais to grow a pair.

Syn
04-02-2012, 03:18 PM

They're both as bad as eachother - just in different ways. Even though Theo is so wasteful, there's a lot to be said for a player that can scare defenders...and Theo does have them pinned back in their own penalty box.

I would go with Gervais initially but possibly rotate depending on opposition. Theo against pub teams, Gervais against good ones.

Wenger will go with Theo for all.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I would go with Gervinho, he seems to have a more well rounded game compared to Walcott.

Or a 442 with Theo and gev on the wings and ox behind rvp, and song and miquel in the middle

Master Splinter
Arsenal scoring seven :bow:.

We know RVP is alswome, but Coquelin and Oxlade-Chamberlain showed how good they already are again.

Same team next game, but Sagna in for Vermaelen, who's a liability at the moment.

hymppi
Gervais fairly comfortably. Walcott can be an impact sub. Gervais---RVP---Ox could be quite a potent forward line, with the widemen cutting in. Hopefully encourages Gervais to grow a pair.
that would be sweet!
but i don't think AW will bench feo.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 03:20 PM
that would be sweet!
but i don't think AW will bench feo.

This is the problem

Japan Shaking All Over
04-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Little surprise that is Gervs for me. . .finishing is awful but has been more of a threat than Theo. Picks up the ball and attempts to beat his man which Theo does not do.

However Theo did play well today. . .its just we need to see more consistency in his play. . .he needs to put his chances away to, his one on one chance midweek was ridiculous, if people say Gervs needs to grow a pair, then Theo needs to grow four of the same

Dennis Bendtner
04-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Should be good watching Ox against whichever geriatric Milan have at full-back these days.

Fats
04-02-2012, 03:29 PM
AW is done tbh..

Their I corrected it for you

Unai Tea
04-02-2012, 03:30 PM

Just play the ones who aren't injured. It's more likely than not than 1 or 2 of the 3 will be injured.

But there's nothing wrong with having 3 players for 2 positions and it's not a problem I'd be overly worried about.

Master Splinter
04-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Should be good watching Ox against whichever geriatric Milan have at full-back these days.

Play Theo, Gervais and Chambertrain, with RVP just behind.

Would be hilarious.

For us probably, with thirty-five sitters missed.

Syn
04-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Just play the ones who aren't injured. It's more likely than not than 1 or 2 of the 3 will be injured.

But there's nothing wrong with having 3 players for 2 positions and it's not a problem I'd be overly worried about.

We've had all 3 fit all season and the best one didn't get a chance until Gervais fucked off to Africa.

Obviously there's nothing wrong in having 3 good players for 2 positions. We have 1 good player and 2 [insert appropriate adjective] players for 2 positions. But no matter who we think is the better choice out of Theo and Gerv (and most seem to think it's Gerv), Wenger will sooner drop Oxlade than Theo - that is the truth.

Harry
04-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Great win for us and for Wenger even though he is a moron, oxo wally n RvP played great and so did the coq and MA8.

About time we put a team to the sword like that, normally we only score 2 from 68959898999 chances.

Unai Tea
04-02-2012, 04:37 PM
We've had all 3 fit all season and the best one didn't get a chance until Gervais fucked off to Africa.

Obviously there's nothing wrong in having 3 good players for 2 positions. We have 1 good player and 2 [insert appropriate adjective] players for 2 positions. But no matter who we think is the better choice out of Theo and Gerv (and most seem to think it's Gerv), Wenger will sooner drop Oxlade than Theo - that is the truth.

He didn't ask who should have been dropped in the first half of the season for Oxlade Chamberlain. And there have been absences this year - Theo has had a game or two missed for minor things and Gervinho missed three games with suspension at least before the ACN). So far Theo has played in 27 of 32 games, Gervinho 20 of 32 and Chamberlain 9 of 32. And even if no one had been out injured/suspended or whatever, our history with players missing time suggest that it's likely that there will be injuries. If we have 25 games left this season (or so) Chamberlain should play in 20 at least, 15 each for Walcott and Gervinho. But who's available will play a big part in who plays the most.

I prefer Chamberlain to the other two and Gervinho over Walcott but I think they all will play regularly. Despite the stupid and disastrous subbing of Chamberlain for Arshavin, Wenger said that 2012 was going to be the time for Chamberlain to shine. Let's hope he sticks to that. It's quite evident he's a special player and we have very few of those. He's also a cause for hope, and there's very little left of that too.

We also have Arshavin. But then, who gives a shit about him anymore. He may just as well be dead.

Power n Glory
04-02-2012, 05:16 PM
I need to get rid of ESPN. This was the only early kick off but no coverage from Sky or EPSN. Pretty shit.

Wanna see the game. Sounds like we played well. Never knew Ramsey wasn't starting but it's about time he was dropped from the squad.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2012, 05:17 PM
I need to get rid of ESPN. This was the only early kick off but no coverage from Sky or EPSN. Pretty shit.

Wanna see the game. Sounds like we played well. Never knew Ramsey wasn't starting but it's about time he was dropped from the squad.

It is being shown in its entirety on SS2 at 20:25. :good:

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 05:19 PM

You actuall pay for that channel :sick:

Syn
04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
on a memorable afternoon…I felt that recently we had quite good performances but did not get the results. Today we got the performance and the result, which is ideally what you want. I do not give much importance to the seven goals, it is just important we won and played well.

on Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott...
As you know, they are English! I feel providing today was as important as scoring. The flanks provided very well and scored through Alex. Robin is an exceptional football player and you could see that with his movement in the box, which could be shown in every football school. When you feed him in the box, he is deadly.

on why he didn't take Van Persie off...
Alex Chamberlain played three games for the first time in his career. He had a stiff neck at half-time, so I did not want to take a gamble with him. Then we had a problem with Koscielny, and I wanted to give some playing time to Benayoun.

on maintaining the pressure against 10 men...
We remained serious and were guided by the way we want to play football and not by any extravagant individualism. That is positive. We were mature and serious, we played together until the end.

on Oxlade-Chamberlain's pre-match knock...
I would not have taken a gamble today. In a very short period of time he has become an important player who can make a difference. I rested him in the last 20 minutes at Bolton, so he was not pushed to his limits. The medical staff said there was no risk he could damage his knee, so that is why I decided to play him.

on why he didn't use him sooner…
He was not ready earlier in the season. He has made a big step in the last months. He produces team play, he is not only going forwards, he is contributing to the defending and has improved very quickly. He is a fighter as well, with personality. He is much more mature now.

on whether he could get an England call-up...
Would you be surprised? I would not.
on scoring so many goals..
It was important to the confidence of the side that we win a game and get three points but the result in itself will not make us win at Sunderland. What will make us win there with the confidence we got today is to continue to play the way we did today. Every game is a new challenge and Sunderland are in a good spell as well. We have to be ready for that.

on fears that Givet had hurt Van Persie…
Yes I was worried because you never know how bad it is. That's something we cannot afford at the moment, to lose a player like Robin with Thierry going back to the States. Normally, Thierry today played his last game at the Emirates and in the last minute he scored his goal. So that is something special.

on whether Givet apologised…
Yes he did.

on whether he reads much into a 7-1 win...
No, as we said before we need consistency. Strangely I don't feel we played very badly at Fulham, nor at Swansea, nor against Manchester United - in the first half we were terrible but in the second half we should have won the game. But every time we just couldn't get the result and in the end if affects your belief. This will help us slowly to believe again that we could win. To win 1-0 at Sunderland would be fantastic and that's what we have to prepare for, to produce a good performance.

on sharing the goals around…
Yes, that was a problem I faced in all the press conferences at the start of the season. If he doesn't score, who scores, you know? It was right, I couldn't deny that. But I always felt that if you look at our numbers the trio of Gervinho (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/gervinho-signs-for-arsenal-pictures), Walcott and Van Persie were involved in all the goals so they are more the providers because we play with two wingers. But the wingers can score as well, like today. It is something that is needed and we need some more goals from midfield as well.

on Henry's impact off the pitch…
Only positive. How much, you can never give a percentage, but he was very positive and everyone takes his advice on board because he has delivered here and they want to deliver too. He is respected and he was very positive. He is not going away yet, normally he stays until after the Milan game. So we go to Sunderland now and then we go to Milan - that is two massive games.

on whether he can extend Henry's loan deal...
I haven't looked at it, maybe the maximum possibility we have is two more weeks. Normally no [he would not be here for the Tottenham game].

"Normally" :bow:

A new Wengerism.

Power n Glory
04-02-2012, 05:39 PM
I know. Signed up for that 3 month free promotion and too lazy to cancel. They hardly show any games.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 05:40 PM
on whether Givet apologised…
Yes he did.

AW :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 05:42 PM
I know. Signed up for that 3 month free promotion and too lazy to cancel. They hardly show any games.

Their showing city fulham, i had it only because V media had it free for a month lol, like you say no games though serie A was quite decent.

everything else is bad, Ray stubbs less said about him and his mates on their there better

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 05:47 PM
on whether he reads much into a 7-1 win...
No, as we said before we need consistency. Strangely I don't feel we played very badly at Fulham, nor at Swansea, nor against Manchester United - in the first half we were terrible but in the second half we should have won the game. But every time we just couldn't get the result and in the end if affects your belief. This will help us slowly to believe again that we could win. To win 1-0 at Sunderland would be fantastic and that's what we have to prepare for, to produce a good performance.

Agree with this tbh, although it would be nice to beat sunderlandby more then 1

Japan Shaking All Over
04-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Sunderland will be another stiff test, ONeil seems to have them ticking. . . .very decent manager and great motivator (ONeil)

Marc Overmars
04-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Sunderland will be another stiff test, ONeil seems to have them ticking. . . .very decent manager and great motivator (ONeil)

We won't win that one and hopefully Boro beat them in the cup as well.

Özim
04-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Great result and great to see Oxo get a couple of goals and RVP get another three (he's been immense for us).

Unfortunately this will paper over the huge cracks at the club, seen this many times before a few good results and all is forgotten and that's the sad thing.

Moreover Oxo still won't get the chances he deserves when Gervinho returns, he's a brilliant player who has more than earned his spot in the team.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Great result and great to see Oxo get a couple of goals and RVP get another three (he's been immense for us).

Unfortunately this will paper over the huge cracks at the club, seen this many times before a few good results and all is forgotten and that's the sad thing.

Moreover Oxo still won't get the chances he deserves when Gervinho returns, he's a brilliant player who has more than earned his spot in the team.

you saying ox is better then Gev ?

Agree on the papering over the cracks though, especially if chavs, barcodes, and pool loose thier coming games.

Newguy
04-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Havent seen the game yet, but did ramsey being dropped help at all? Personally I havent rated him this season and think he's been a liabilty

Syn
04-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Havent seen the game yet, but did ramsey being dropped help at all? Personally I havent rated him this season and think he's been a liabilty

Yeah, I think it helped. Rosicky is awesome.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 07:00 PM

x2 what i wanted to know

Özim
04-02-2012, 07:05 PM
you saying ox is better then Gev ?

Agree on the papering over the cracks though, especially if chavs, barcodes, and pool loose thier coming games.
Yeah I think Oxo is better than Gervinho, the latter has no end product at all (typical of Wenger signings in recent years).

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah I think Oxo is better than Gervinho, the latter has no end product at all (typical of Wenger signings in recent years).

One's a stiker and the other does not though, GEV has never been one to score goals what he gives us AOX can't imo. Don't think gev should be dropped for AOC thats silly theo should, but will it happen. Then again it would not happen, he seems to love theo too much.

Power n Glory
04-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I think it helped. Rosicky is awesome.

FA Cup he was good as well.

Özim
04-02-2012, 08:01 PM
One's a stiker and the other does not though, GEV has never been one to score goals what he gives us AOX can't imo. Don't think gev should be dropped for AOC thats silly theo should, but will it happen. Then again it would not happen, he seems to love theo too much.
I agree it should be Walcott but that won't happen.

Gervinho for me doesn't produce in the final third a bit like Eboue really, they were just saying tonight it's been the same in the ACN for him. He's got some nice skills and makes some good runs but at the moment he produces very little where it matters.

Oxo can score create and produces where it matters and he's only a kid.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I agree it should be Walcott but that won't happen.

Gervinho for me doesn't produce in the final third a bit like Eboue really, they were just saying tonight it's been the same in the ACN for him. He's got some nice skills and makes some good runs but at the moment he produces very little where it matters.

Oxo can score create and produces where it matters and he's only a kid.

Agree, tbh id not mind ox for Gev in all honesty, Ox is full of confidence right now where as Gev seems to be really low. Then again this is the same fella who thought he'd be playing with Nasri and other star players.

IMO gev is the type of player with a world class team he'd look good in but with the team we have now not so much. Don't think aw made a mistake in getting him, but not also getting a hazard and a benzema or an aguero or an Huntelaar with him.

selassie
04-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Great result today. Caught the 2nd half on a stream and we looked very good going forward, the front trio of RVP, Theo & AOC were causing them no end of problems.

I know it's obvious but we have a special talent in AOC, I personally think he's going to develop in the same way as Jack is and will probably be a fixture in the England team too.

Admist all the negativity, it's really nice to see us bringing through top quality English talent, we have a few of them now and they are gems.

GP
04-02-2012, 09:05 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16889866

He speaks very well, seems quite mature.

Syn
04-02-2012, 09:19 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16889866

He speaks very well, seems quite mature.

He does. That surprises me - doesn't sound at all like an 18 year old kid whose suddenly got the limelight. Very unEnglish of him.

Thierrymon
04-02-2012, 10:03 PM
RvP plays like he's being controlled on FIFA12.

Walcott plays like he's being controlled on QWOP.

:lol:

QWOP :bow:

alexander
04-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Just seen MOTD highlights. What a player Ox looks like. Power, speed, skill, can finish and didnt panic at all. The team were always looking for him, they seem to have plenty of confidence in the kid. Arshavin who? Rosicky/rvp/coq all did well too.

Power n Glory
04-02-2012, 10:42 PM
That was pretty sexy. Looked the business.

GP
04-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Everyone played well.

Letters
04-02-2012, 11:07 PM
That was quite pleasing.

Let's not all start sucking each other's dicks just yet, Blackburn are a poor side, but we needed a good win to build some confidence so let's hope this was it. I said before the game we'd win with an un-convincing 1-0, very happy to be proven wrong.

Ox looks fantastic and Theo looked great today. Walcott is a confidence player so I hope today's display will give him some because he has some potential to be effective but too often is maddeningly ineffective.

And the Henry goal was the cherry on a very nice cake.

In brief: Hurrah!

Olivier's xmas twist
04-02-2012, 11:19 PM
That was quite pleasing.

Let's not all start sucking each other's dicks just yet, Blackburn are a poor side, but we needed a good win to build some confidence so let's hope this was it. I said before the game we'd win with an un-convincing 1-0, very happy to be proven wrong.

Ox looks fantastic and Theo looked great today. Walcott is a confidence player so I hope today's display will give him some because he has some potential to be effective but too often is maddeningly ineffective.

You can only beat whats infront of you. But we need to carry this confidence into the next game, with the same team no changes.

GP
04-02-2012, 11:39 PM
That was quite pleasing.

I do like cake

Olivier's xmas twist
05-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Just seen MOTD highlights. What a player Ox looks like. Power, speed, skill, can finish and didnt panic at all. The team were always looking for him, they seem to have plenty of confidence in the kid. Arshavin who? Rosicky/rvp/coq all did well too.

Yep, time to flogg him in the next few weeks, AOC can be his replacement, then reinvest the moneywe get for him in the summer.

Cripps_orig
05-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Yep, time to flogg him in the next few weeks, AOC can be his replacement, then reinvest the moneywe get for him in the summer.So you want AOC to replace Arshavin on the bench?

Fuck that.

Start AOC all the time

Dicks and chicks
05-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Why didn't Park play!? Should have put him on when we were 4-1 up. This guy needs opportunities and he's just not getting them.

Cripps_orig
05-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Transfer markets over

Any money we get from the Asia market would be useless

Master Splinter
05-02-2012, 03:58 AM
Transfer markets over

Any money we get from the Asia market would be useless

Even that doesn't factor in anymore.

We can't capitalise on merchandise and the prospect of a potential Asian market if he's nowhere to be seen. Even Bischoff was treated better.

WUMger's machiavellian ways have now begun to sabotage innocent players' careers. What will the Grand High WUM do next?

Flavs
05-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Always nice to scrape a win against quality opposition.

Power n Glory
05-02-2012, 10:02 AM
That's the team that should be playing week in week out. Ramsey shouldn't be starting over Rosicky. I just hope Rosicky is over his injury problems. Second win of the year and where we've actually looked impressive and i suspect it's because our midfield trio can all play one touch.

Theo should start when he's playing with a proper wingback. 3 very good assists and some good off the ball runs to get behind defenders. His assist for Alex was class. When in the box the defenders were scared to touch him.

The Ox should have started as soon as he had that wonderful Carling Cup game. Whatever he had to learn about defending, he could have learned on the job. Great dribbler, comfortable with the ball on either foot, power, pace and end product. Not so sure about him being a central midfield player. He's so direct when running at players. We've need this guy all season. Gervinho should be on the bench when returns on the ACON. He should have to work to get his position back and wait until Theo or Ox start to fade.

alexander
05-02-2012, 11:02 AM
That was quite pleasing.

Let's not all start sucking each other's dicks just yet

Are you saying there will be a time when we do? I might sign off at that point tbh.

Syn
05-02-2012, 11:29 AM
The Ox should have started as soon as he had that wonderful Carling Cup game. Whatever he had to learn about defending, he could have learned on the job. Great dribbler, comfortable with the ball on either foot, power, pace and end product. Not so sure about him being a central midfield player. He's so direct when running at players. We've need this guy all season. Gervinho should be on the bench when returns on the ACON. He should have to work to get his position back and wait until Theo or Ox start to fade.

Interested to know why you'd go with Theo over Gervinho. Theo is quicker but Gerv's no slouch. I would say that Theo probably scares defenders more but Gerv is more likely to skin a defender and provide an end product (as long as that end product is a pass).

Update from the ACoN:
A thrilling run from Gervinho midway through the second half saw the Arsenal forward wind his way into a threatening position but he lost control at the critical moment, when he should have been firing the ball past the keeper

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/news/ivory-coast-v-equatorial-guinea-99240/

If it were up to me, I'd drop them both and pick Benayoun. And I wouldn't have sent Ryo out on loan before trying him. He could've had another Oxlade-type impact.

Coney
05-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Always nice to scrape a win against quality opposition.

You can only beat what is in front of you. (Or so some wanker told me).

Power n Glory
05-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Interested to know why you'd go with Theo over Gervinho. Theo is quicker but Gerv's no slouch. I would say that Theo probably scares defenders more but Gerv is more likely to skin a defender and provide an end product (as long as that end product is a pass).

Update from the ACoN:

If it were up to me, I'd drop them both and pick Benayoun. And I wouldn't have sent Ryo out on loan before trying him. He could've had another Oxlade-type impact.

I don't think Gervinho should be able to walk back into the first team but if Theo starts falling off again, then he should be on rotation with Gervinho. Theo is hot and cold with the end product but Gervinho has no end product at all but is great at beating his man and causing problems.

Would like to see how Yossi does on the flank because he's no central mid player. Would have been good to see Ryo. Both Theo and Gerv are just too hit and miss.

GunnerFan4Life
05-02-2012, 11:39 PM
All the bigger names got the headlines, but damn was it good seeing Arteta again. Watched Football first the other night, and he damn well knows how to use the ball.

LDG
06-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I quite enjoyed the match.

Coney
06-02-2012, 09:55 AM
I quite enjoyed the match.

If people can't enjoy the Arsenal putting 7 past another team, even if it is not one of the top 4, why are they claiming to be Arsenal supporters. Maybe Blackburn where defending poorly but if people aren't getting behind the squad and manager when they score 7 goals - and from 4 different players - then I don't see how they can be supporters.

Letters
06-02-2012, 10:03 AM
cazza left early and missed the Henry goal.

:pal:

Schoolgirl error.

Mmm...schoolgirl.

LDG
06-02-2012, 10:04 AM

Schoolgirl error.

Mmm...schoolgirl.

Bada bow bow.

Coney
06-02-2012, 10:10 AM

Schoolgirl error.

Mmm...schoolgirl.

cazza? :unsure:

Letters
06-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Yeah. She doesn't post much if at all, one of the old 606ers, used to be MrsLjungberg or summat.

Tipsychubbs
06-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Good to see Rosicky played well, have said since the start of the season he should be starting over Ramsey, who's still too raw and not ready to lead the team yet from an attacking midfield position.

Aida
06-02-2012, 08:55 PM
This is why Vp is amazing it feels like his the only one willing to find Henry, When Henry is in a dangerous position. No one else wanted to do one two's with Henry that's the only negative i can think

The positive is one word ....... WOW
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/van-persie-i-was-always-looking-for-henry i new it