PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay double to support Arsenal if...

AKBapologist
08-02-2012, 08:22 PM
We had no stadium debt.

Our board gave a shit.

Pep Guardiola was our manager.

We spent +£50mill net a season on transfers.

And an additional 50% on wages.

Deadwood was shipped.

RVP spent the rest of his career at Arsenal.

And we won stuff?

Coney
08-02-2012, 08:24 PM
No.

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 08:26 PM
We had no stadium debt. - no

Our board gave a shit. - yes

Pep Guardiola was our manager. - no

We spent +£50mill net a season on transfers. - yes

And an additional 50% on wages. - yes

Deadwood was shipped. - no

RVP spent the rest of his career at Arsenal. - no

And we won stuff? - yes

AKBapologist
08-02-2012, 08:29 PM
It's an all of the above thing, essencially, would you pay double to support Arsenal if ALL of your niggling issues with the club were fixed.

Marc Overmars
08-02-2012, 08:30 PM
So that would make the cheapest ticket what, £70?

Hell no.

It's getting to the point now where I take going to games as a treat, an occasion if you like. I don't go with any degree of regularity anymore, so there's no chance I would start paying double to get in regardless of success.

Joker
08-02-2012, 08:36 PM
No I wouldn't, but the cost of sorting out all the problems with the club (in terms of ticket price increases) wouldn't be anywhere near as exorbitant. Despite our lack of spending in the transfer window and the board's obsession with "sustainability", we're still seeing season ticket price increases year in year out, so it's not as if it would make a difference. If the board and Wenger left to be replaced by people who cared more about football than profit, we could easily develop a business model that kept prices reasonable while keeping competitive in terms of winning trophies. The cost of this strategy would be borne by the owners of the club, who would have to not feather their own nests as much as the current board have, but if we had football people in, this wouldn't be an issue.

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 08:37 PM
It's an all of the above thing, essencially, would you pay double to support Arsenal if ALL of your niggling issues with the club were fixed.Oh in that case

No

Power n Glory
08-02-2012, 08:38 PM
When I think about the money involved in football....it's bloody immoral. Like MO said, I go to games for a treat, I can't afford to go on a regular and I'd never pay double. I have Sky Sports and that also comes with Sky Atlantic! Football is entertainment. Wee shoudln't be paying so much for this shit while our commercial revenue is so low. Why are the fans paying so much while big conglomerates reap the benefits from advertising, branding, sponsorship. We've got it twisted.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Hells to the no

GP
08-02-2012, 08:46 PM
I thought we already were paying double.

fakeyank
08-02-2012, 09:16 PM
No

Kano
08-02-2012, 09:27 PM
We had no stadium debt.

Our board gave a shit.

Pep Guardiola was our manager.

We spent +£50mill net a season on transfers.

And an additional 50% on wages.

Deadwood was shipped.

RVP spent the rest of his career at Arsenal.

And we won stuff?

absolutely no way.

Syn
08-02-2012, 09:33 PM
You peasants :lol:

I'd pay triple if I knew we were going to win stuff. Winning stuff is the bestest thing ever. But maybe that's just because I'm a better fan than all of you.

(So AKB, you usually try to make a 'told you so' point sarcastically with silly reasoning and logic. What's the point of this thread?)

AKBapologist
08-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Genuinely curious.

Would have thought that if given the option, fans would have jumped at the chance to change shit whilst still retaining the moral high ground instead of relying on dodgy billionaires or the Mike Ashleys of the world.

:coffee:

Kano
08-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Genuinely curious.

Would have thought that if given the option, fans would have jumped at the chance to change shit whilst still retaining the moral high ground instead of relying on dodgy billionaires or the Mike Ashleys of the world.

we'd be heavily reliant on sky, so what's the difference?

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I'd gladly sell Letters' house to pay for just one game with Ian Holloway in charge.

Power n Glory
08-02-2012, 09:59 PM
With all these corporate companies reaping the benefits, it's pretty outrageous to ask the fans to pay through the nose for this shit.

Syn
08-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Genuinely curious.

Oh, I see.

When it is made clear to us that the best is being done with the income that is being generated at the moment, then we can think about generating more money through self-sufficient means. Until then, as long as so many players who never play or shouldn't play are kept on the payroll, as long as there exist such obvious tactical failings and as long as it is made clear that there is attention being placed on the number 1 problem at the club (why we're always topping the injury list), I see no reason why the fans should be responsible to 'change shit', as you put it.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-02-2012, 11:00 AM
I would gladly say yes if

1) I was convinced the money I was paying was going into making the club (started writing company. . .can see how bad it is) competitive

2) Finacially I could afford it. . .Im not a begger but what would be the sense in financially crippling myself for
the benefit of some fat cat to be able to buy one of their spoilt brats a pony for Christmas!

I know the question was in return for success but its almost the same way as Citeh and Chelsea gi about business. . .buying success! But this time its the fans footing the bill rather than the owners. . .what I want and what you guys back home sound like are already paying enough for already is;

1) a coach who can coach
2) players who can play
3) and a club from top to bottom (including the fans) who gives a shit

Too expensive too ask?

Flavs
09-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Absolutely not, its already a complete rip off. If anything like that happened i would just get a season ticket at Leeds or Huddersfield. Far cheaper, more passion., closer, better atmosphere, far less predictable, better food, better banter and so on.

Fats
09-02-2012, 11:16 AM
You can feck right off!!!!

In 89 we won the league. It was £5 to get in the north bank, 10p for a cup of tea, 30p for peanuts and a programme was a £1.

Ok it was 23 years ago but it was well in everyones means to watch a top flight match. You didnt have to pay to enable to buy a ticket(membership) and that is one of the biggest rip off's I have ever heard of.

The club is, and has been taking the piss for far too long. I understand the stadium needed to be paid for. So when it is will ticket prices come down?. When we get rid of a bunch of overpaid mercinaries will they come down. No, no fecking way.

This is exploitation of the highest order and the club has cashed in on our emotional needs. Thats why anyone that buys a ticket at the prices they are have the right to boo or shit on the terraces in my opinion.

I love this club but I fecking hate the proper ****s in charge of it and its"business model".

Xhaka Can’t
09-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I think you are ignoring what a wonderful deal the Board are giving us fans.

In 1989 you paid a fiver to get in but had to pay an additional 20% to purchase your programme for a quid.

The cheapest ticket now, is £35, so you should be paying £7 for your programme, but the Board have been subsidising it out of their own pockets.

You ungrateful shit!

Injury Time
09-02-2012, 11:33 AM
I've got one of the "cheapest" season tickets (if not the cheapest) it was ~30% more to be in the rafters, and ~40% more to be okay-ish lvl upper tier, neither me or mate would've paid those prices, so double, no thanks. I'm not expecting 7-1 or silverware galore, what I do expect is players to look and act like they give a fuck, give 100% each match. I want to leave the ground after a loss moaning about the ref or bad luck or just meeting a better team rather than my own players lack of effort, the 70 minute subs and that yet again we've sold or only "world class" players <_<

Coney
09-02-2012, 01:03 PM
I think you are ignoring what a wonderful deal the Board are giving us fans.

In 1989 you paid a fiver to get in but had to pay an additional 20% to purchase your programme for a quid.

The cheapest ticket now, is £35, so you should be paying £7 for your programme, but the Board have been subsidising it out of their own pockets.

You ungrateful shit!

:gp:

And there were no Balti Pies then either.

Mmmmmh. Balti Pies. http://blog.usaseopros.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/homer-simpson-drooling.jpg

Flavs
09-02-2012, 01:07 PM
I've got one of the "cheapest" season tickets (if not the cheapest) it was ~30% more to be in the rafters, and ~40% more to be okay-ish lvl upper tier, neither me or mate would've paid those prices, so double, no thanks. I'm not expecting 7-1 or silverware galore, what I do expect is players to look and act like they give a fuck, give 100% each match. I want to leave the ground after a loss moaning about the ref or bad luck or just meeting a better team rather than my own players lack of effort, the 70 minute subs and that yet again we've sold or only "world class" players <_<

Thought it was interesting that against Blackeye the greatest number of empty seats was in the upper tier and club level, loads of empty boxes as well.

The club put the attendance at 59,643 which is absolute horse shit.

Xhaka Can’t
09-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Thought it was interesting that against Blackeye the greatest number of empty seats was in the upper tier and club level, loads of empty boxes as well.

The club put the attendance at 59,643 which is absolute horse shit.

I think they base it on Programme sales.

LDG
09-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I think they base it on Programme sales.

Can't believe I bought 34,682 programmes. Talk about taking advantage of the pissed <_<

Injury Time
09-02-2012, 08:39 PM
:gp:

And there were no Balti Pies then either.

Mmmmmh. Balti Pies. http://blog.usaseopros.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/homer-simpson-drooling.jpg
I hate to break it to you but the once revered balti pie tailed off at the beginning of the season and has now been replaced by Holland pies, which are fucking nasty curry powdered pieces of rancid shite, I nearly started a separate thread but realised that the bin bag protest was against the new pies rather than Wenger (there were no bin liners on show at the game due to anyone having the pie needing the bag to spit it out into)<_<

Coney
10-02-2012, 07:18 PM
I hate to break it to you but the once revered balti pie tailed off at the beginning of the season and has now been replaced by Holland pies, which are fucking nasty curry powdered pieces of rancid shite, I nearly started a separate thread but realised that the bin bag protest was against the new pies rather than Wenger (there were no bin liners on show at the game due to anyone having the pie needing the bag to spit it out into)<_<

:crying:

But that's insane. The Balti pies were always sold out - if you didn't get in quick, you had to have the crap pies instead. :(