PDA

View Full Version : This is the summer of our disco tents

Flavs
09-02-2012, 01:33 PM
As have been discussing this on a few threads thought I would collate it to drive efficiency. A lot has been said about the weaknesses in our squad and areas that could be improved upon as well as players who could be shipped out or released. Well here is a squad run through

Benayoun/Henry loan ends and they go back.

Rosicky is out of contract

RvP, Arshavin and Theo enter the last year of their current contracts and we know how well that bodes for us.

Bartley, Lansbury, Miyachi, Campbell, Pedro, Wellington, Galindo, Shea, Watt, Mannone, Murphy and Eastmond all return from loan with only Campbell looking likely to stay.

Almunia, Squillachi, Denilson, Bendtner, and Vela are all nailed on to leave as well

I also fully expect Park to leave and maybe Chamakh as well.

Now while this might seem like nothing but good news to most fans it does mean that between 20-25 players will probably be leaving the club, while some of these are reserves and some are no-hopes it does leave us somewhat thin. Also with serious questions being asked around Wilshere, Frimpong and Diaby’s robustness we could end up in real shit.

Will we make the champs league places? What effect would it have on us as a club to finish out of the top 4?

But its not just the players, has Arsene ever faced a summer where the fans have turned on him in such large numbers? (The France job is also free after the Euro’s.)

The board’s lock in period will also end and what of Silent Stan? Will he replace the board? Will Ulisher buy the boards shares to make it a 2 man show?

“Transition” doesn’t come close to stating where we are at right now.

Flavs
09-02-2012, 01:37 PM
We laugh but this could well be our squad on the first of August...

Gk L Fabianski
GK W Szczesny

DEF T Vermaelen
DEF P Metersacker
DEF L Koscielny
DEF A Dos Santos
DEF J Djourou
DEF B Sagna
DEF K Gibbs
DEF c Jenkinson

MID M Arteta
MID J Wilshere
MID A Diaby
MID A Song
MID A Ramsey
MID A Oxlade-Chamberlain
MID F Coquelin
MID E Frimpong
MID R Miyachi

STR Gervinho
STR J Campbell

gunsofashburtongrove
09-02-2012, 01:46 PM
The likes of Miyaichi, Wellington, Campbell and Gallindo may have more loan spells. Add to that Aneke and maybe even Frimpong, Yenaris, Miguel and the likes. We will try and sell most of the others you have mentioned, but doubt if we will be successful with all of them.
From a transition angle most mentioned here are either fringe players who have no part or negligible parts to play in the first team, unlikely to have any impact on the game as is change in the board room. There will be a lot of apparent chaos without t causing significant impact on the way we play or function.
As for the CL. If we qualify we might try to make one big signing , if we don't qualify we wont.

Fats
09-02-2012, 01:47 PM
:upset:

Marc Overmars
09-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Sounds like a normal summer.

Flavs
09-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Tbh I had no idea we had so many bloody players or so many staff for that matter. Its not wonder our wage bill is so high.

I think if we miss 4th Wenger will go after the French job when Blanc leaves.

Fist of Lehmann
09-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Alcoyano want to keep Wellington for next year, according to Young Guns bloke Jamie Sanderson, although, given his reportedly poor arsey teenager attitude (which did for his loan spell at Levante) that could change easily.

I thought the board had already sold their shares, to KSE.
Kroenke will want some of his own people on the board but appears keen not to make wholesale changes to the overall strategy, a phased transition seems reasonable.

LDG
09-02-2012, 02:13 PM
RVP will stay.

Fist of Lehmann
09-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Too right. That boy needs to remember who saved his career with horse placenta.

LDG
09-02-2012, 02:27 PM
I genuinely thnk he'll stay. He just seems the type of guy who will. I thinj the captaincy actually means something to him.

I may be wrong, and I may have rose-tinted specs on, just think he loves the club.

Syn
09-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I expect Van Persie to stay. I don't think we'll lose anyone who's worth anything. Don't think we'll add anyone worth anything. I can't see any mass changes happening funnily enough. We'll have a strong English presence in attack next year with Oxlade, Walcott and Wilshere (if he comes back to life) being guaranteed starters - can't see any of them leaving any time soon, so some cause for optimism if they start netting and doing well.

Fist of Lehmann
09-02-2012, 02:42 PM
One can only hope that he genuinely feels something for the club and that it's enough for him to stay. I wonder if he looks at Henry, the adoration of the crowd and the high esteem he's held in and hopes one day he'll rate his own statue.

Because like Nasri you can be sure City have attempted to tap him up already.

Syn
09-02-2012, 02:50 PM
He probably is an Arsenal fan by now and does care about the club. But it's not the reason I think he'll stay. Our club are stupid at handling contracts but they will offer him a good deal and he'll take it. He'll be 29 by August and he's completely in his comfort zone at Arsenal. His actions - getting his family involved organising club events are not the actions of a player who intends to leave. He'd be stupid to publicly commit now because at the end of the day he wants money - as does everyone. We'll hand him what he wants...and, no, it's not a trophy.

LDG
09-02-2012, 03:06 PM
He probably is an Arsenal fan by now and does care about the club. But it's not the reason I think he'll stay. Our club are stupid at handling contracts but they will offer him a good deal and he'll take it. He'll be 29 by August and he's completely in his comfort zone at Arsenal. His actions - getting his family involved organising club events are not the actions of a player who intends to leave. He'd be stupid to publicly commit now because at the end of the day he wants money - as does everyone. We'll hand him what he wants...and, no, it's not a trophy.

<_<

100 test 100's

<_<

Kano
09-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Now while this might seem like nothing but good news to most fans it does mean that between 20-25 players will probably be leaving the club,

no way will the figure be at that amount, you'll be lucky if it reaches double figures at all

rvp will be heading the queue, whether we get cl or not and i don't blame him

IBK
09-02-2012, 06:53 PM

I take what you are saying about money (because the trophies/ambition is mostly used by players to hide their naked avarice), but if we finish outside the top 4 this will surely test RVP as all top players want to play against the best?

fakeyank
09-02-2012, 07:37 PM
I think RVP will stay if we get 4th place. If as expected, we end up mid table, he will leave. At 29, I can see him wanting to win something to show for his career...

Letters
09-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Wouldn't blame him for leaving but I think a season of not finishing top 4, having done so for so many years in a row, would be a pretty simplistic reason for leaving. If that was combined with another summer of under-investment and there's no prospect of us getting back up there then yeah, I wouldn't blame him.
If we show some intent in the summer (big if, I know) then that might sway him top 4 finish or no.

Marc Overmars
09-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Wouldn't blame him for leaving but I think a season of not finishing top 4, having done so for so many years in a row, would be a pretty simplistic reason for leaving. If that was combined with another summer of under-investment and there's no prospect of us getting back up there then yeah, I wouldn't blame him.
If we show some intent in the summer (big if, I know) then that might sway him top 4 finish or no.

That might be true for a younger player, but you have to remember RVP is in the absolute prime of his life. If he wants a big move, realistically it has to be this summer. The next contract he signs is arguably the most important of his career, so I wouldn't blame him if he said thanks but no thanks to us, regardless of whether we get 4th or not.

It would be a disaster if we lost him.

GP
09-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Quite frankly, for all the faith we've shown in him, if he left now I'd go as far as to call him an ungrateful ****.

Fats
09-02-2012, 09:01 PM
I'd call him EPIC

Flavs
10-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Quite frankly, for all the faith we've shown in him, if he left now I'd go as far as to call him an ungrateful ****.

I am sure he will send an apology card from Madrid when he is on £200k a week plus 15% image rights and 10% of his £30mil transfer fee