PDA

View Full Version : Memories! The old School!

Ashburton2006
10-02-2012, 03:30 PM
I was watching ESPN Archive (Sky 429) last night and they showed the 1998 FA Cup Final against Newcastle (2-0).

Even before the "Invincibles" days we had a team that were just full of winners!

I remember watching that game and was always confident that we were going to win! Even at only 1-0 (and even after the scare of when Keown trod on the ball and gave the ball to Shearer who hit the post)!!

Nowdays, we are not even safe at 4-0 up!

Although I enjoy watching the games from the past when we were so damn good! It depresses me that we are a million miles away from those days and unlikely to win anything major with a board only interested in profits!!

The only hope we have is that David Dein and the Russian (Usmanov) come knocking on the door!:pray:

Xhaka Can’t
10-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Your know what depresses me?

Your face.

Flavs
10-02-2012, 03:37 PM
The only hope we have is that David Dein and the Russian (Usmanov) come knocking on the door!

This sentence sums you up tbh

Ashburton2006
10-02-2012, 03:40 PM
This sentence sums you up tbh

What do you suggest then?

GP
10-02-2012, 03:42 PM

Suicide?

Cripps_orig
10-02-2012, 03:46 PM
I was watching ESPN Archive (Sky 429) last night and they showed the 1998 FA Cup Final against Newcastle (2-0).

Even before the "Invincibles" days we had a team that were just full of winners!

I remember watching that game and was always confident that we were going to win! Even at only 1-0 (and even after the scare of when Keown trod on the ball and gave the ball to Shearer who hit the post)!!

Nowdays, we are not even safe at 4-0 up!

Although I enjoy watching the games from the past when we were so damn good! It depresses me that we are a million miles away from those days and unlikely to win anything major with a board only interested in profits!!

The only hope we have is that David Dein and the Russian (Usmanov) come knocking on the door!:pray:Wouldnt want Dein back. Hes best mates with Wenger and him coming back means the chances of Wenger leaving are none. Would take Usmanov over the Yank though

Flavs
10-02-2012, 03:46 PM

Face surgery seems to be your only option

LDG
10-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Suicide? That's selfish.He should blow himself up at white hart lane tbf.

GP
10-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Well I guess he is there quite often.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Ash mate. . . .not long before you have your own memories to yearn for. . .wont be long before Ol Wobbly Face dons a tracksuit with three lions on it and leaves you with the only every season you did anything of worth