That Ramsey? he's shit isn't he?

Cripps_orig
11-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Wengers subs won us the game

Wenger :bow:

Always rated him

Olivier's xmas twist
Good winner tbh, lets hope its gives us confidence to go on a run for 4th, hope spudd and barcodes draw now.

milla
Henry, what a man. :bow:

Master Splinter
11-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Henry :bow: :bow:.

MON :haha:.

Lawro :haha:.

We did it for Mertesacker :scarf:.

It was inevitable that when we got some full-backs backs, the centre-backs would die to restore order.

GP
Lawro :haha:

Marc Overmars
Get in!!

Delighted with the 3 points. Wouldn't have been too downbeat with a draw anyway because it was always going to be a fixture we'd do well to win.

Thierry fucking Henry. What a legend, what more can you say?

Gutted we now have to turn to Chamakh again. :doh:

Dennis Bendtner
That's fantastic. I didn't expect a win there. Nor Henry scoring any more important goals. Well done all.

Cripps_orig
Henry :bow: :bow:.

MON :haha:.

Lawro :haha:.

We did it for Mertesacker :scarf:.

It was inevitable that when we got some full-backs backs, the centre-backs would die to restore order.Lawro predicted we'd win...

McNamara That Ghost...
11-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Lawro :haha:

He just needs to get four against Milan for me to be right. :popcorn:

selassie
11-02-2012, 04:57 PM
That was a BIG 3 points today, especially as the Chavs lost. Hopefully it puts plenty of confidence in the team. I'll be honest, I expected us to lose today.

Come on Arsenal. :scarf::scarf::scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Lawro predicted we'd win...

It's more about Lawro saying Henry wouldn't score again for us.

Lawro. :haha:

hobson's choice

Always rated him

:gp::gp:

GP
He just needs to get four against Milan for me to be right. :popcorn:

It's on!

Olivier's xmas twist
11-02-2012, 04:59 PM

Always rated him

THEO THEO THEO, Oh

Japan Shaking All Over
Shit. . .must admit, I got a tear in my eye watching him with the fans. . .

I said I thought he would score 5 with at least one being crucial. . .3 so far with 2 match winners!

We should have moved heaven and earth to keep him. . .buy respect the club for keeping to their word

Asthmatic Kitty
thank god park-the-bus-at-home sunderland weren't rewarded. didn't think we had it in us after we went 1-0 down, great stuff!

arshavin made a big difference when he came on, theo was useless in this type of game, where there's no space in behind.

henry :bow:

KESSLER
11-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Wasn't expecting that after they scored

Henry :bow:

mickymcg
11-02-2012, 05:03 PM
great result, although only an average perfomance, song,walcott, oxo and arteta were all poor, rosicksky was excellent, worked hard right up till the final whistle, magic cross from arshavin for the goal, maybe it will set him up for a good end to the season, good strike from ramsey for the equaliser, at last the substitutions worked out.
Henry proper legend

Cripps_orig
11-02-2012, 05:04 PM
We're 4th :bow:

Come on Spuds

Arsenal Fan
11-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Arsenal :trophy:

Ramsey :bow:

Arshavin :bow:

Chelsea :pal:

Olivier's xmas twist

Come on Spuds

WTF

Marc Overmars
Up to 4th now for the time being.

Hopefully Spurs and Barcodes draw.

Lets grab hold of this now and don't let go, come on you Gunners!

Cripps_orig
11-02-2012, 05:07 PM
WTFIf Newcastle win today, they go 4th.

We dont want that so Spuds to win

gunsofashburtongrove
11-02-2012, 05:08 PM
WTF Let him be he just lost it after the win. He's been Arshawined

Dennis Bendtner
11-02-2012, 05:10 PM
What was Merts injury? Look like a pull or an impact one?

Olivier's xmas twist
11-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Let him be he just lost it after the win. He's been Arshawined

True, he can't wum today as much as he'd like too.

Cripps_orig
What was Merts injury? Look like a pull or an impact one?Its a little calf

Kano
Its a little calf
he certainly fell over like one

gunsofashburtongrove
11-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Devils alteranative to Spuds win and we are 4th, lose and we gain on them, draw a little bit of both

Marc Overmars
11-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Spurs is the next league game. :popcorn:

Time to restore a bit of order imho.

Young Guns 11
11-02-2012, 05:17 PM
he certainly fell over like one

:lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
11-02-2012, 05:18 PM
If Newcastle win today, they go 4th.

We dont want that so Spuds to win

Id take a draw and look to beat them both later down the line and get points back that way!

Run of two wins! Lets see this through to the end of year・

Grebbo
11-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Great result

:scarf:

Cripps_orig
11-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on Thierry Henry's late winner against Sunderland on his farewell appearance: "Unbelievable - Thierry is most impressive than before - he only plays 20 minutes and he scores. Sunderland played well and we showed exceptional spirit and character. I'm sorry to be losing Thierry, but that is what we accepted at the start. But we are grateful for what he has done on the pitch and also in training. We tried to keep him, but he is the captain of the New York Red Bulls and their season starts in two weeks." Will he be back? "You never know. It is a shame that a player of that quality is not in England or in Europe.

Farewell appearance? Wont play v Milan then. Is he even in the CL squad?

Dennis Bendtner
11-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Farewell to England.

Ollie the Optimist
11-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Aw on henry "he finished the story of the legend"

a story that i feel honoured and proud to have witnessed. One King one name, THIERRY HENRY

Japan Shaking All Over
11-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Aw on henry "he finished the story of the legend"

a story that i feel honoured and proud to have witnessed. One King one name, THIERRY HENRY

:gulp: stop that Ollie. . .you'll start me off again!

Japan Shaking All Over
11-02-2012, 05:29 PM
2:1 today

5:0 next week :pray:

Cripps_orig
11-02-2012, 05:30 PM
2:1 today

5:0 next week :pray:Chamakh and Gervinho will play in that

We're fucked :(

Sirjackofwilshere
11-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Honestly show some ambition Arsenal and tell the New York what's it's to Pisa right off
Surely we've got to keep him...worth his weight in gold what a farce that we have chamakh, park and the other numpties waiting in line behind the king

Cripps_orig
11-02-2012, 05:54 PM
on another happy ending for Thierry…
He finished the story of the legend today in the championship; I hope he will add some in the Champions League on Wednesday now. Certainly he got us the three points in a difficult game where Sunderland were resilient, well organised and tried to catch us on the break every time. You could see that they have a lot of spirit in their side. It was also on a very difficult pitch. We had a lot of the ball but we couldn't create a lot because our passing was good but it was very difficult to get into their defence.

On top of that we were 1-0 down so it was a question of a spirited performance and that is what happened in the end. I felt we were intelligent, patient and resilient.

on unfortunate Sunderland goal...
It was unfortunate. Mertesacker told me that he got a shot in his ankle and couldn't move at all anymore. We are a bit worried about his ankle I must say because he goes home on crutches. He has done some ligament damage, but how big that is we will have to check tomorrow. For sure he is out for Wednesday.

on possibility of stopping play…
I thought about it during the game after they scored but you cannot demand that. You do not know if a guy has gone down through injury or because he slipped. It's just that in the action you cannot demand to stop.

on Henry…
It might haunt me again because then people will say 'why did he not stay?' It just shows you as well that these players never lose it. Exceptional talent survives. You have that with Giggs and Scholes at Manchester United and Thierry here. It is just a luxury to have a player like him on the bench.

on bringing him back again…
We will see next season, but maybe he might want to stop at some stage as well!

on being fourth…
Two weeks ago everybody said it was out of reach for us and today we are in it. So we have to be cautious. But we are happy to be back in this position but it is still very open for everybody around there. You have Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool, us and it's down to consistency now.

Mert got shot

Out for the season

Coney
11-02-2012, 06:10 PM

Come on Spuds

Quite right. Getting the results we need for a CL spot is more important than what spuds are or aren't doing. Spud supporters can have a warped view of the world and think beating the Arsenal is more important than their final league position. I'd like us to finish above spuds but I'd like us to finish above everyone. Those who want to insult spuds need to realise the best way is to ignore them - just regard them as just another team in the league. Let's focus on what the Arsenal need for success, not what some other meaningless team is doing.

Cripps_orig
11-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Quite right. Getting the results we need for a CL spot is more important than what spuds are or aren't doing. Spud supporters can have a warped view of the world and think beating the Arsenal is more important than their final league position. I'd like us to finish above spuds but I'd like us to finish above everyone. Those who want to insult spuds need to realise the best way is to ignore them - just regard them as just another team in the league. Let's focus on what the Arsenal need for success, not what some other meaningless team is doing.Pretty much my view on it and dumbasses on here though i was WUMming :doh:

My priority is and always will be what is best for Arsenal and if Spuds beating a rival of ours for 4th is best for us then i repeat Come on Spuds

Olivier's xmas twist
11-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Pretty much my view on it and dumbasses on here though i was WUMming :doh:

My priority is and always will be what is best for Arsenal and if Spuds beating a rival of ours for 4th is best for us then i repeat Come on Spuds

Thats what the neighbours are for

Cripps_orig
11-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Thats what the neighbours are forWhat?

Olivier's xmas twist
11-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Chamakh and Gervinho will play in that

Well the former anyways

Olivier's xmas twist
11-02-2012, 06:38 PM
What?

Spurs beating the barcodes helps us out, but thats what neighbours do help each other out when they need it.

Ollie the Optimist
11-02-2012, 06:47 PM
onto the match now, thought we played well, not a great game but sunderland didnt have any clear chances bar the two long shots which produced two stunning world class saves out of Chesney. the first one he must have seen really late and still saved it.

their goal was a freak, if the pitch was good, merts not injured and no goal. freak incident that no blame can be attached to anyone for it.

and then their was Henry :bow:

Master Splinter
11-02-2012, 07:27 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06lKeoJ046fHf/1000x.jpg

What a legend :bow: :bow:.

Henry's not bad either.

alexander
11-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Good to come back from a goal down, and get a late winner. Stuff of fourth place champions I reckon.

Happy with result.

fakeyank
11-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Thierry Henry.. Thats all!

Letters
12-02-2012, 09:20 AM
:dance:

Wasn't too optimistic in this one, great result.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Chamakh and Gervinho will play in that

Having Gerv back will not be bad but not at the expense of Oxo

tigerthesmurf85
12-02-2012, 10:14 AM
People bigging up Wenger's subs so much... he only brought on Ramsey because of Mertesacker's injury. Henry should've replaced Theo no Ox as Theo was having an absolute nightmare. Arshavin for Theo at the end was and obvious change not exactly the stuff of genius.

Anyway we won WOOOOO Henry you absolute legend.

Sunderland were crap.

dazthegooner
12-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Anyone got a link to the goals can't find any? :(

Ollie the Optimist
12-02-2012, 12:18 PM
People bigging up Wenger's subs so much... he only brought on Ramsey because of Mertesacker's injury. Henry should've replaced Theo no Ox as Theo was having an absolute nightmare. Arshavin for Theo at the end was and obvious change not exactly the stuff of genius.

Sunderland were crap.

tbh the ox wasnt great either, didnt really do much. we slate wenger when he gets stuff wrong, yesterday he got it right. he deserves praise especially as most of us wrote this game off

Fats
12-02-2012, 12:36 PM
tbh the ox wasnt great either, didnt really do much. we slate wenger when he gets stuff wrong, yesterday he got it right. he deserves praise especially as most of us wrote this game off

I suppose getting it right once a season he deserves it. Lets forget that it was more luck than judgement.

Ollie the Optimist
12-02-2012, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=Fats;99223]I suppose getting it right once a season he deserves it. Lets forget that it was more luck than judgement.[/QUOTE

not really, he could have chucked gibbs on and moved tv5 to CB, that would have been more logical sub imo but he didnt, he subbed a creative midfielder on and move song back. it worked out as suddenly we looked better. bring arshavin on for theo was good as it moved henry into middle as arshavin went left, that worked as henry in middle to score. not luck this time imo but good managment

Ernesto
12-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Great stuff. Big win.

More of the same, and I'm sure the teams above and around us will blink first, allowing us to slip in at 4th or possibly even 3rd.

hymppi
12-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Mert got shot

Out for the season
please, someone, make a gif out of this. an assassin and mert going down.
i don't mean to laugh at his injury, but it still would be funny...

Özim
12-02-2012, 01:51 PM
I suppose getting it right once a season he deserves it. Lets forget that it was more luck than judgement.
Too true, getting it right once in those circumstances is pot luck, doing it regularly shows it's isn't.

His substitutions are notoriously predictable and ineffective, good win yesterday but it took an injury to get us going in the end.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-02-2012, 01:52 PM

Sunderland were crap.

Tbf Sunderland werent crap, they defended well and had spells in which had they taken their chances could have put us in a big hole. . .not sure whether Wengers subs werethe stuff of genius but they won the game for us and I am happy to applaud the team from Wenger down, the board can still fuck right off though!

Syn
12-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Sunderland weren't bad at all. They set out with 10 men behind the ball and it worked because we couldn't get going. It must be said that Vermaelen is not a LB and if you believe his quotes today, he is unhappy with being played there. He keeps drifting centrally and he has less positional awareness than Gibbs in that position. He is a fine CB and mertesackers injury allows him to get back to his favourite position. It was great to see Aaron score and hopefully this gives him the confidence to kick on and kill many more celebrities. Instead of trying flicks, he just needs to keep pelting them and become our Lampard. His talent is obvious to me, hope he can fulfil it. About Henry, it has all been said. He didn't need to come back and help us out but he wanted to - and he didn't disappoint. I am sure he would have tried to pass on a lot of advice to Theo and Oxlade. I hope they take that on board.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Too true, getting it right once in those circumstances is pot luck, doing it regularly shows it's isn't.

His substitutions are notoriously predictable and ineffective, good win yesterday but it took an injury to get us going in the end.

He has done it more then once this season though, just give the man credit where its due, had we lost you would have lambasted him for not making the right subs etc.

Ollie the Optimist
12-02-2012, 03:02 PM

but Zimm these subs yesterday werent luck, they were tactical and actually attacking subs. when merts went off, logic would dictate that gibbs goes on and tv5 goes to cb. he put an attacking midfielder on instead, not normal for him but it worked, we are level 5 minutes later.

Coney
12-02-2012, 04:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7_B_KdDvIE

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Its funny because MON lilke Pubis is a pleb.

GP
12-02-2012, 05:07 PM

They both look like sex offenders

Flavs
13-02-2012, 09:25 AM
:gulp: stop that Ollie. . .you'll start me off again!

:unsure:

Letters
13-02-2012, 09:39 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4125154/Whitney-Houston-death-Arsenals-Aaron-Ramsey-in-goal-link.html

FOOTBALL star Aaron Ramsey was being bizarrely linked to Whitney Houston's death by fans last night after a series of odd coincidences.

:unsure:

Grebbo
13-02-2012, 09:41 AM

To be fair MON said some nice things about Henry after the game. It's a bit distasteful from Henry tbh.

But then again it's King Henry so he can do what he wants.

:bow:

Flavs
13-02-2012, 09:46 AM
We won...again...and we are 4th...and we scored a late winner...away in the north

Its like old times again.

Which bag of shite team are we playing next?

GP
13-02-2012, 09:50 AM
We won...again...and we are 4th...and we scored a late winner...away in the north

Its like old times again.

Which bag of shite team are we playing next?

Milan.

Or, just to annoy Maccy, AC.

Flavs
13-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Milan.

Well their a bit shit aren't they so we should win that easy-peasy. However as I and LDG are going to the 2nd leg we will probably get trounced.

(our next 6 games in a row are on TV by the way)

Boss
13-02-2012, 10:07 AM
http://www.footytube.com/video/sunderland-arsenal-feb11-104644?ref=hp_ozeit_mem

Flavs
13-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Oh another thing, does MON ask for his pitches to be like ploughed fields? I remember the villa and Leicester pitches looking like that as well.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Milan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dnaimages/boards/images/all_emoticons/f_grr.gif

GP
13-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Merts' ankle

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/418280_331694680207697_109539209089913_939546_1193 180942_n.jpg

Grebbo
13-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Oucheeeee

Flavs
13-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Merts' ankle

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/418280_331694680207697_109539209089913_939546_1193 180942_n.jpg

He has surprisingly delicate hands for a 6'7'' German warrior

GP
13-02-2012, 02:22 PM
That's Wenger's hand

LDG
13-02-2012, 02:24 PM
That's Wenger's hand

The other one is on a childs penis.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-02-2012, 02:31 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dnaimages/boards/images/all_emoticons/f_grr.gif

Whats bad about calling them AC milan ?

Japan Shaking All Over
13-02-2012, 02:41 PM
The other one is on a childs penis.

Wenger's hands, Mert's ankle and a child's penis. . . .sounds like the kind of story that could put the NOTW back into business!

McNamara That Ghost...
13-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Whats bad about calling them AC milan ?

No Charlie, it's calling Milan, AC that annoys me.

Flavs
13-02-2012, 02:55 PM
No Charlie, it's calling Milan, AC that annoys me.

Air conditioning Meelan :bow:

dazthegooner
13-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Actual Current Meelan :sulk:

Flavs
13-02-2012, 03:05 PM
bad news is it means Gibbs will start against AC

Injury Time
13-02-2012, 03:13 PM
bad news is it means Gibbs will start against AC
Don't worry he'll be in the back of a waaaaambulance within 15 mins of the start

Fist of Lehmann
13-02-2012, 04:50 PM
No Charlie, it's calling Milan, AC that annoys me.Tbf, when you think about it AC just stands for Associazione Calcio.

It's a bit like calling Arsenal just "Football Club".

fakeyank
13-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Tbf, when you think about it AC just stands for Associazione Calcio.

It's a bit like calling Arsenal just "Football Club".

Exactly. We are more than a football club.. we are a real estate, business, youth development, import of services (aka selling players) club. We also support humanitarian causes by bringing in absolute useless football players and paying them over the top season after season- Chamakh, Squillaci, Bischoff, Rosicky, Diaby, Denilson etc..

alexander
14-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Don't worry he'll be in the back of a waaaaambulance within 15 mins of the start

Thats funny because its true.