PDA

View Full Version : Gervinho missed a penalty at the African Cup final

Alpha
12-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Gervihno has had a very good performance in african cup but he just missed a crucial penalty at the Final and his country crashed out . Will that affect his performance at Arsenal ? I hope he will be strong enough to overcome this disappointment and try to be a better player when he comes back in two days .

McNamara That Ghost...
12-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Shouldn't affect him too much, he wasn't calm in front of goal anyway.

Grebbo
12-02-2012, 11:36 PM
He's shit.

tigerthesmurf85
12-02-2012, 11:38 PM
A striker should never take 7th penalty... it was a rubbish penalty... wont affect him

Cripps_orig
12-02-2012, 11:45 PM
A striker should never take 7th penalty... it was a rubbish penalty... wont affect himHe didnt

He took the 9th

Olivier's xmas twist
12-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Gervihno has had a very good performance in african cup but he just missed a crucial penalty at the Final and his country crashed out . Will that affect his performance at Arsenal ? I hope he will be strong enough to overcome this disappointment and try to be a better player when he comes back in two days .

Means nout most all players miss pens at some point, had drogba scored his thos would not be an issue. Im sure he will be fine in a few weeks.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-02-2012, 11:52 PM
He's shit.

No he isn't

Japan Shaking All Over
13-02-2012, 02:21 AM
No he isn't

Good Post

Shocker from Grebbo tbf

Master Splinter
13-02-2012, 03:14 AM
Shocker from Grebbo tbf

Or a normal?

Grebbo
13-02-2012, 09:37 AM
He's dog shit.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-02-2012, 10:53 AM
He's dog shit.

:doh: Though i expect suarez would be inclined to agree with ya

Grebbo
13-02-2012, 11:36 AM
If the definition of a good player is beating your man with ease and then producing a shit cross/shot then he's a good player.

C'mon he's shit.

Boss
13-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Scored a cracker in the semi that took them through to the final tbf.

More shocking was Didier bhai missing that pel in the SH.

Coney
13-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Scored a cracker in the semi that took them through to the final tbf.

More shocking was Didier bhai missing that pel in the SH.

Definitely. I reckon it is mentally harder to take a pelanty in the shootout than during the actual game - in the shootout, you are in more of a life or death situation. And after the 5th pelanty, each kick is sudden death.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-02-2012, 01:59 PM
He's dog shit.

Ummmm face your so is!

Flavs
13-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Definitely. I reckon it is mentally harder to take a pelanty in the shootout than during the actual game - in the shootout, you are in more of a life or death situation. And after the 5th pelanty, each kick is sudden death.

Kolo Toure also missed

The Arsenal effect :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
13-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Ummmm face your so is!

:lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
13-02-2012, 02:49 PM
If the definition of a good player is beating your man with ease and then producing a shit cross/shot then he's a good player.

C'mon he's shit.

Defo thought you were talking about Walcott till I say 'beat his man with ease' and then I knew you werent. . .

Injury Time
13-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Just sealed his English citizenship with that :thumb:

Özim
13-02-2012, 08:22 PM

C'mon he's shit.
Yup definition of super super quality.

Cripps_orig
16-03-2012, 12:36 AM
GERVINHO last night revealed he is struggling to find his form for Arsenal — because he is still stressed out about the African Nations Cup.

The misfiring striker, a £10.5million buy from Lille last summer, helped the Ivory Coast reach last month's Nations Cup final in Gabon.

But Gervinho missed a penalty in the shootout and Zambia went on to beat the Elephants 8-7.

The 24-year-old has since failed to impress for Arsene Wenger's side and said: "I have come back from a nightmarish African Nations Cup. We lost out on the trophy in the final in sickening fashion.

"I've become more and more tired, both physically and mentally.

"It has not been easy emotionally either, so it is natural to be suffering the after-effects.

"But I am not worried and I'm going to come back stronger than ever."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4197916/Gervinho-Im-still-stressed-by-African-Nations-defeat.html

Not mentally strong