WilshereourGHEL
15-02-2012, 07:36 PM
this will be the night he comes out to be at his best

Aida
17-02-2012, 04:16 AM
or worst

fakeyank
17-02-2012, 04:57 AM
An above avg player on most days and passenger the rest.. not arsenal class if you think we are a top team in Europe. A world class player when you look realistically at our team as it is- a mid-table to a decent team.

Power n Glory
17-02-2012, 08:48 AM
He's not a battling ball winner or playing a creative role. I can't see the point of playing him so deep. He can't cover the ground against teams that pass well.

Coney
17-02-2012, 12:57 PM
An above avg player on most days and passenger the rest.. not arsenal class if you think we are a top team in Europe. A world class player when you look realistically at our team as it is- a mid-table to a decent team.

This. We need people like Arteta in the team/squad. After he (and others) came on board the team got more grit and we settled to a much better and successful team. We don't need every position to be filled with a world class top performer - it is more important to have some experienced players to keep things steady and guide/lead the new and young players. I think Arteta fills that role.

GP
17-02-2012, 12:58 PM
He's been a great signing.

Fist of Lehmann
17-02-2012, 01:00 PM
He's been a great signing.100%

If you can't appreciate that, you fail at life.

Fats
17-02-2012, 01:10 PM
I'll simply say this, I thought he would be better.

Coney
17-02-2012, 01:24 PM
I'll simply say this, I thought he would be better.

I thought Walcott, Arshavin, Rosicky and Chamakh would be better. :(

selassie
17-02-2012, 04:21 PM
I personally think he's an average player. He does all the easy stuff well but he isn't mobile enough for me.

He's not a weak link or anything like that but he's pretty much falls into the he can be "upgraded" category, he's not the only one, there are plenty of em in the team!

LDG
17-02-2012, 04:34 PM
I personally think he's an average player. He does all the easy stuff well but he isn't mobile enough for me.

He's not a weak link or anything like that but he's pretty much falls into the he can be "upgraded" category, he's not the only one, there are plenty of em in the team!

I don't think he's average, but neither do I think he's top tier class.

In the premiership, he's more than capable, and has helped us out tremendously this year.

But if we want to be winning big competitions, we need better.....but other than RVP....who couldn't you say that of in the team right now. Hopefully AOC, Jack and a couple of others can make it to that level...and soon!!

Japan Shaking All Over
18-02-2012, 07:10 AM
He was a player Wenger had always wanted. . .and I was happy when we signed him, but did we too late. . .?

Whatever his position, I do think we cannot give up looking for an upgrade come the summer. . . but he aint shit and could be a the kind of player that improves the quality/depth of our squad

Özim
18-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Decent player but I think the injuries might have taken their told, he was very good at Everton but has look "ok" with us, doesn't seem to be as creative as he once use to be.

Unfortunately Wenger did what he said he would never do and panic bought, we had all summer to find players and could have signed much better ones but we wasted our time with BS rather than being active. The transfer policy and the way we manage our transfers has been a shamble for years.

Munchies
18-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Arteta is bloody useless. Slows play down . Passes are shit . Shooting is 9/10 shit unless it gets a deflection .

Gotze would be a better replacement, infact anyone who is attack minded as opposed to sideways.