15-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Henrys last game for us

What a legend :bow:

Letters
15-02-2012, 09:40 PM
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae331/mattlamb1982/WUMger.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Wengers time is up imo, Let him finish of the season and leave in the summer.

Tonight was a shambles, no passion, motivation, no one can hold their heads high tonight.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 09:43 PM
The world of football's reaction -

http://i40.tinypic.com/1zexusm.png

What an utter hammering. That was possibly worse than the two away games against Barca. Impressive stuff.

Cripps_orig
15-02-2012, 09:43 PM
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae331/mattlamb1982/WUMger.jpgI dont get it :unsure:

BOBN
15-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Vermalean is the most overrated non-english centreback in britain. Weve gone overboard on him. He looks good (aggressive + technical) but thats not enough. He reminds me of gary cahill in many ways.

Ramsey - weakest link in the most important position. Cant believe wenger didnt break the bank of a top AM this january

Cripps_orig
15-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Wengers time is up imo, Let him finish of the season and leave in the summer.

Tonight was a shambles, no passion, motivation, no one can hold their heads high tonight.No

Leave now. New manager has a few months to see who he wants to keep and who he sells

Marc Overmars
15-02-2012, 09:45 PM
We were lucky to get away with just the 4.

Everyone was rubbish, we just couldn't compete out there. Milan picked holes everywhere and our defence couldn't cope. Midfield was terrible, Ramsey playing phantom balls, Rosicky doing his pointless 10 yard burst of pace only to lose the ball, no work rate or fight in the team at all.

We don't belong on this stage anymore.

Dennis Bendtner
15-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Midfield is not fit for these stages. That's what happens when you spend a tenner on it, I guess.

KESSLER
15-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Milan were superb but we didn't help ourselves either .... too many simple mistakes, zero pressing and probably above all, being content to pass sideways over and over and over again until the inevitable breakdown and milan counter

:(

milla
15-02-2012, 09:46 PM
No

Leave now. New manager has a few months to see who he wants to keep and who he sells

:gp:

hymppi
15-02-2012, 09:47 PM
shit game, no hunger, no passion, no le spirit.
no hope.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 09:47 PM
No

Can see what yoursying, it be better to get someone in after the second leg, then from there we can push on.

Syn
15-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Horrible. The boys never got going at all. Disappointed with the lack of determination shown.

But there is an FA Cup game to play for on Saturday and I hope we can get through.

Don't know why. It always ends the same way. There is a distinct lack of quality and on today's performance, a lack of courage which is unforgivable.

But I continue to live in hope. Lets have a good performance and a win on Saturday.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Gervinho doesn't have to worry about bringing the squad down with his misery I guess.

As for Saturday, well I'd take a draw right now quite honestly.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2012, 09:50 PM
It's that time of year again guys, when our season spectacularly crumbles away.

It's like we keep trying to find new ways of ballsing it up every year.

Cripps_orig
15-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Anyone going to the 2nd leg?

Be honest now.

My brother just asked me if i wanted to go and it wouldnt even count as one of the games in my quota

I told him to piss off :lol:

Dennis Bendtner
15-02-2012, 09:53 PM
The domino effect might bury us. Cup game Saturday, Spurs and Liverpool the following two weeks.

Arsenal Royal
15-02-2012, 09:53 PM
midfield was horrible. Have you seen how often Arteta lost the ball in the 1st half and provided milan for their attack? he definitely lacks CL-experience. Ramsey has been poor as usual. And I still don't rate djourou.
Our whole season has been so frustrating! In fact, every season we become worse... :(

Ollie the Optimist
15-02-2012, 09:54 PM
any one see walcott on the pitch tonight? whats the fucking point of his pace if he doesnt fucking use it.

onlyp layers with any credit are kos and ox

hymppi
15-02-2012, 09:54 PM
It's that time of year again guys, when our season spectacularly crumbles away.

It's like we keep trying to find new ways of ballsing it up every year.
this.
we get kicked out of fa cup, lose to spuds, tie against milan in london. and we're out.
oh, and rvp decides to go a club with courage and hunger to win things.
we're becoming a usual mid table team, lads.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2012, 09:55 PM
midfield was horrible. Have you seen how often Arteta lost the ball in the 1st half and provided milan for their attack? he definitely lacks CL-experience. Ramsey has been poor as usual. And I still don't rate djourou.
Our whole season has been so frustrating! In fact, every season we become worse... :(

Wasn't there some stat about Arteta having a pass completion rate comparable to Xavi, Alonso, etc?

Well that was shown up good and proper tonight.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Horrible. The boys never got going at all. Disappointed with the lack of determination shown.

But there is an FA Cup game to play for on Saturday and I hope we can get through.

Don't know why. It always ends the same way. There is a distinct lack of quality and on today's performance, a lack of courage which is unforgivable.

But I continue to live in hope. Lets have a good performance and a win on Saturday.

Thats puting it midly, seems we never went their to win the game but to grab a few away goals and try and win it at home, well it failed.

Im so use to us being poor that im not even upset, its no shock at all.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 09:56 PM
any one see walcott on the pitch tonight? whats the fucking point of his pace if he doesnt fucking use it.

Should have been a sub tbh Wenger fecked that 1 up.

Joker
15-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Pathetic performance. The defence was a shambles, the midfield was non existent and they just picked us off as if we were a lower division side. The basic problem with players like Arteta, Ramsey and Rosicky is that they're nowhere near good enough at this level. There's hope for Ramsey because he's young, but we can't afford to carry 3 players in midfield and expect to get something out of a game.

People have been praising Arteta this season, claiming he keeps things ticking over and has been tidy. That may be enough against the likes of QPR, but we needed something more tonight against a top European team, and Arteta flattered to deceive, seemingly content to playing pointless 5 yard passes, allowing Milan to squeeze our midfield and eventually intercept.

Wenger has totally lost the plot. He's a terrible manager devoid of ideas these days, and he sooner he leaves the better.

Olivier's xmas twist
WTF no Wumger interview ?

Syn
The domino effect might bury us. Cup game Saturday, Spurs and Liverpool the following two weeks.

Don't be silly - that never happens.

There is a very eerie inevitability about things now, isn't there?

I mean I guess we always expect it but I've never known it to be as transparent as it is now.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Wasn't there some stat about Arteta having a pass completion rate comparable to Xavi, Alonso, etc?

he has never been good to play in the cl that why he never has, that was shown tonight.

Dennis Bendtner
15-02-2012, 09:59 PM

Very much a stat from Denilson's PC. Always going to be shown up in the CL proper. Fabregas was the main reason we could coast the group stages and compete in these ties.

Alpha
Wenger got his tactics wrong . Why didn't he start with Ox and Walcott on the flanks ? Why not Coquelin instead of Djourou ? But we lost the game because AC Milan was much better . End of story .

Joker
And Walcott is really far too limited a player. Against top quality sides he's totally ineffective. He's good against poor quality, slow fullbacks, and may look effective when coming on against a team chasing a goal and leaving gaps at the back, but that's not good enough. We should get rid in the summer.

Joker
15-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Very much a stat from Denilson's PC. Always going to be shown up in the CL proper. Fabregas was the main reason we could coast the group stages and compete in these ties.

Exactly, Arteta was shown up completely tonight. Being a midfielder is more than simply making 5 yard passes and keeping things simple. He made things very easy for Milan. If he's not going to be creative, then he should be closing down, intercepting and when winning the ball, he should pass the ball much more quickly, to increase the tempo of our game. Everything he does is so pedestrian.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-02-2012, 10:02 PM
wenger out

Xhaka Can’t
WTF no Wumger interview ?

We lacked sharpness, but we will keep fighting because there is great team spirit and belief.

Letters
Anyone going to the 2nd leg?

Be honest now.

Me :pal:

Flaps :pal:

LDG :pal:

Cripps_orig
15-02-2012, 10:03 PM

Kudos to you for owning up

Nevertheless

:pal:

LDG
15-02-2012, 10:06 PM

:crying:

Meh.

5-0 to the Arsenal :scarf:

Cripps_orig
15-02-2012, 10:07 PM

Meh.

If we win 5-0 or for that matter any scoreline that takes us through, i will do whatever someones dares me to do

Master Splinter
15-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Poor all round. Some credit to Koscielny, RVP and Oxlade-Chamberlain though.

It was just surreal. The team as a whole and individuals seemed to be auditioning for a perverse anti-shop window.

Vermaelen's poor form in recent months came to an embarrassing culmination tonight. Mertesacker will be missed. The midfield was seemingly playing a training ground game. Rosicky should have been in the middle, at least, with Ramsey on the bench.

Of course, as always, there had to had to be the extra prize of our best player hobbling off to compound the misery.

Arsenal Fan
unbelievable....

the gap between us and europe's elite keeps growing year on year...

Letters

Meh.

This probably wouldn't have occurred to you but I suggest you get a bit drunk before the game. Might make it bearable.

Might join you :crying:

LDG
15-02-2012, 10:11 PM
I can't even begin to pull that apart.

We looked unprepared, slow, scared, out of position.....

I'm not gonna listen to the bollocks from ITV, as they clearly know little about football, apart from drooling over an Arsenal defeat.

That Milan side is not a good side. Ibrahimovic was outstanding, and Van Bommel had all the time in the world. But aside from us gifting them the ball, I don't think they're that great.

We'll beat them at home. Just a shame, as we WILL concede, and we won't take a host of chances.

Fuck it.

On we go.

LDG
15-02-2012, 10:13 PM
If we win 5-0 or for that matter any scoreline that takes us through, i will do whatever someones dares me to do

Insallah brother. Blow up de white hart lane innit. Rubber dingy rapids.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2012, 10:13 PM
I mentioned in another thread that I'm not even sure if the players realised the magnitude of the game they were playing in. This is why Wenger falls down so badly in comparison to his peers. I don't think you'd ever see Man United turn up with such a half-arsed attitude to a game like this. It was just baffling.

LDG
15-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Poor all round. Some credit to Koscielny, RVP and Oxlade-Chamberlain though.

It was just surreal. The team as a whole and individuals seemed to be auditioning for a perverse anti-shop window.

Vermaelen's poor form in recent months came to an embarrassing culmination tonight. Mertesacker will be missed. The midfield was seemingly playing a training ground game. Rosicky should have been in the middle, at least, with Ramsey on the bench.

Of course, as always, there had to had to be the extra prize of our best player hobbling off to compound the misery.

Surreal. That's the word I was looking for. It just didn't look or feel like a game....it just passed by like all of them were on LSD. Song probabaly was, granted, but...gah! I dunno.

Another momentously shit day for a gooner. All too frequent. All too embarassing.

Arsenal Royal
15-02-2012, 10:15 PM
This probably wouldn't have occurred to you but I suggest you get a bit drunk before the game. Might make it bearable.

:hug:

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 10:17 PM
I mentioned in another thread that I'm not even sure if the players realised the magnitude of the game they were playing in. This is why Wenger falls down so badly in comparison to his peers. I don't think you'd ever see Man United turn up with such a half-arsed attitude to a game like this. It was just baffling.

They went for the away goals thats the problem, we settled and got punished. Wenger was not silly to think this lot would go there and win, he assumed we may have got a draw. Thats how we played.

friskyanders
15-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Luckily Chamakh will be back for the 2nd leg.

His fifth goal will bring the house down.

Xhaka Can’t

Meh.

And then we concede in injury time.

Cripps_orig
Insallah brother. Blow up de white hart lane innit. Rubber dingy rapids.Consider it done

I will ask this brother for advice

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2100917/Bangkok-bomb-Iranian-blows-legs-grenade-hurled-police-bounces-back.html

Syn

:haha:

LDG

I am looking forward to the michelin start fish and chips though.

LDG
15-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Consider it done

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2100917/Bangkok-bomb-Iranian-blows-legs-grenade-hurled-police-bounces-back.html

Letters
15-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I am looking forward to the michelin start fish and chips though.

Poison avec frites, monsieur? Bien sur!

Fish :bow:
Chips :bow:

LDG
15-02-2012, 10:22 PM
They went for the away goals thats the problem, we settled and got punished. Wenger was not silly to think this lot would go there and win, he assumed we may have got a draw. Thats how we played.
No, we didn't play assuming we'd get a draw.

We played like Jeremy Beadle on a mandolin.

PGFC
15-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Consider it done

Dennis Bendtner
15-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Exactly, Arteta was shown up completely tonight. Being a midfielder is more than simply making 5 yard passes and keeping things simple. He made things very easy for Milan. If he's not going to be creative, then he should be closing down, intercepting and when winning the ball, he should pass the ball much more quickly, to increase the tempo of our game. Everything he does is so pedestrian.

I feel sorry for him, to be honest. A 29 year old Everton player. I mean, you can get by in the league alright, but in the CL proper? It was never likely to end well. He was even in the SPL for fuck's sake.

It is underinvestment which has hurt us here. Don't just mean replacing Fabregas like-for-like. We really needed better players than Walcott, Gerv and Arshavin.

Globalgunner
15-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Sorry chaps but what really did you expect. we as a club have been in decline for years and the team is barely treading water. We have a manager who thinks he is s physics professor in lab. We only know one trick and we try it again and again and again ad nauseum. Something has to give.

IBK
15-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Tonight merely showed what we have known for a long time. The champions league might be bloated, but eventually it will find a team out for what it is. We are in decline - and things will get worse before they get better, I fear.

DJ Philosophe
15-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Wenger: "It wouldn't be fair for me to blame the pitch, even if it was disastrous. Our performance was the same level as the pitch"

I knew he'd throw something in there about the pitch...but at least he was honest that we were utter shit. Right up there with the 8-2 at Old Trafford.

Players just aren't good enough and that's what happens when you go bargain shopping....

Syn
15-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Wenger: "It wouldn't be fair for me to blame the pitch, even if it was disastrous. Our performance was the same level as the pitch"

I knew he'd throw something in there about the pitch...but at least he was honest that we were utter shit.

I don't think anyone really gives a fuck what he says right now but yeah - he called that spot on.

Dennis Bendtner
15-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Wenger: "We don't live in a dream world. There may be 2% or 5% chance statistically, but realistically we are out of this competition".

2%. :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Sorry chaps but what really did you expect. we as a club have been in decline for years and the team is barely treading water. We have a manager who thinks he is s physics professor in lab. We only know one trick and we try it again and again and again ad nauseum. Something has to give.

Yep, its not really a shock and tbh even if went through we'd have been humilated at some point in this comp tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Wenger: "We don't live in a dream world. There may be 2% or 5% chance statistically, but realistically we are out of this competition".

2%. :bow:

Well no point in him saying we are going to go through really.

Dennis Bendtner
15-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Well no point in him saying we are going to go through really.

Well obviously. 2% is a nice Wengerism though.

Master Splinter
15-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Shoddily thought-out percentages and stats after we've had an abysmal day at the office.

WUMger :bow:.

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2012, 10:41 PM
:doh:

Syn
15-02-2012, 10:42 PM

What a liar.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Well obviously. 2% is a nice Wengerism though.

True, but it would not be a kick in the face without a bit of wengerism tbh.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2012, 10:45 PM
I think Napoli have a great chance against Chelsea.

Premier League. :rose:

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 10:48 PM

I knew he'd throw something in there about the pitch...but at least he was honest that we were utter shit. Right up there with the 8-2 at Old Trafford.

Players just aren't good enough and that's what happens when you go bargain shopping....

Just heard him, He sounded so defeatist tbh, That can only be a bad thing, because the players will pick up on it and who knows what might happen.

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Just heard him, He sounded so defeatist tbh, That can only be a bad thing, because the players will pick up on it and who knows what might happen.

Yeah, we might turn shit.

GunnerFan4Life
15-02-2012, 10:55 PM

:haha: Oh i needed that.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah, we might turn shit.

He sounded like a man that knew he could be out if the next 4 games are bad ones.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2012, 11:00 PM
He sounded like a man that knew he could be out if the next 4 games are bad ones.

They will be. We won't win any of them.

Dennis Bendtner
15-02-2012, 11:00 PM
They will be. We won't win any of them.

We'll beat Milan 3-0.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Wojciech Szczesny insists Arsenal can still turn their UEFA Champions League last 16 tie with AC Milan around, despite going down 4-0 in the first leg at the San Siro.

The Gunners fell behind to a stunning opener from Kevin-Prince Boateng in Milan on Wednesday night before a Robinho brace and a Zlatan Ibrahimovic penalty completed the rout.

Goalkeeper Szczesny knows Arsene Wenger's men have set themselves an uphill task in the second leg at Emirates Stadium but insists nothing is impossible.

And the Poland international is hoping for a good result at Sunderland in the FA Cup on Saturday to inspire confidence.

"It's going to be very hard, especially against AC Milan," he told Sky Sports. "They showed tonight how good they are. But it's not impossible.

"We're going to have to pick ourselves up, do our best in the next game against Sunderland and hopefully that will give us confidence to go into the second leg.

"We still believe we can turn it around but it's going to be very difficult."
Harsh

Szczesny feels Arsenal were unlucky after Milan were awarded a penalty for Johan Djourou's adjudged foul on Ibrahimovic in the box.

"I think it's harsh. But it was given so we can't change it right now," he said. "The referee is the one that makes the decision."

Arsenal committed several defensive errors to allow Milan's goal rush and Szczesny admits they must improve in the second leg.

"It's hard to say because they only had five shots on goal. The quality of their finishes was unbelievable," he said.

"It's hard to say right now but I hope we can improve in the second leg."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7524208/Szczesny-It-s-not-impossible

Marc Overmars
15-02-2012, 11:03 PM
We rarely score more than 3 these days against Pub teams in the Prem. So no chance of doing it against Milan Sir Chesney.

Coney
15-02-2012, 11:09 PM
We'll beat Milan 3-0.

We'll be 5-0 up after 89 minutes and they'll sneak one in injury time.

gunnerrrrr
15-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Wilshire Song
Cesc Nasri
Rvp

would have rapped this Milan team....

however when you replace quality with shit what do we expect, today we had...

Song Arteta
Rosicky Ramsey
RVP

:shrug:

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2012, 11:17 PM
We'll be 5-0 up after 89 minutes and they'll sneak one in injury time.

Check out post 49.

LDG
15-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Wilshire Song
Cesc Nasri
Rvp

would have rapped this Milan team....

however when you replace quality with shit what do we expect, today we had...

Song Arteta
Rosicky Ramsey
RVP

I know!! It's not like we failed at all last year!!

notwist
15-02-2012, 11:20 PM
I am no fan of Graham Taylor or Fat Sam or Sparky Hughes, or any other advocate of the POMO (position of maximum opportunity) theory, as expounded by Charles Hughes at the FA some years ago. This basically meant kicking the ball as far and hard as you can at the opposition goal at every opportunity and by the law of averages one or two will bounce in the net. But the opposite extreme, where the objective is to pass and pass and pass the ball without any discernible idea of how this might be converted into an attempt on goal is equally abhorrent. I mean that. It is just such a waste of time and effort, and everybody but Wenger can see that. Not one of Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey or Walcott (mercifully substituted at half time) had the nous to change their game one iota. Like a bunch of bloody automatons.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-02-2012, 11:21 PM
if we lose to sunderland will wenger go?

hopefully.

Ralpheroo72
15-02-2012, 11:24 PM
if we lose to sunderland will wenger go?hopefully.No

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2012, 11:27 PM
The hot whiskey isn't dulling anything.

Time to wheel out the Night Nurse.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 11:27 PM
if we lose to sunderland will wenger go?

hopefully.

No unless he stops making prfoit for the board at the same time.

fakeyank
15-02-2012, 11:30 PM
WUMger knows :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2012, 11:31 PM
http://cdn2.hark.com/images/000/102/618/102618/original.

Syn
15-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Wenger: "I cannot say I got everything perfect when we lost 4-0 but I don't believe we made big tactical mistakes. We did not have any other choices. I felt we were weak in some departments. I felt we could have some problems in some departments but I did not think we would not score."

Why? Why do we never have any other choices?

I'll ask again - what ****s keep interviewing him without following up on what he says? I could be a better journo than these fuckwits. When Arsene cites injuries as a reason - why does nobody follow up on it? So frustrating.

Coney
15-02-2012, 11:32 PM
I am no fan of Graham Taylor or Fat Sam or Sparky Hughes, or any other advocate of the POMO (position of maximum opportunity) theory, as expounded by Charles Hughes at the FA some years ago. This basically meant kicking the ball as far and hard as you can at the opposition goal at every opportunity and by the law of averages one or two will bounce in the net. But the opposite extreme, where the objective is to pass and pass and pass the ball without any discernible idea of how this might be converted into an attempt on goal is equally abhorrent. I mean that. It is just such a waste of time and effort, and everybody but Wenger can see that. Not one of Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey or Walcott (mercifully substituted at half time) had the nous to change their game one iota. Like a bunch of bloody automatons.

Yes - I've always said I want a goal-scorer at the front. I don't give a toss if he can't do the tippy-tappy stuff.

Coney
15-02-2012, 11:34 PM

I'll ask again - what ****s keep interviewing him without following up on what he says? I could be a better journo than these fuckwits. When Arsene cites injuries as a reason - why does nobody follow up on it? So frustrating.

Right. We did have choices. Should have had the Ox starting instead of Rosicky - someone who shoots at the goal rather than trying to see if he can clear the roof with it. Ros lost it since his injury and, like Diaby, Arseshavings and others needs to be put out to grass and replaced with proven talent.

Coney
15-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Check out post 49.

So you're as funny as me?

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2012, 11:35 PM

None of the interviewers follow up on what any Manager says. It appears to be a pre-requisite of the job that you ask the same inane questions without listening to the actual answers in case that means you forget to ask the next inane question.

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2012, 11:36 PM
So you're as funny as me?

Yeah, but I'm funny before you.

Coney
15-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Yeah, but I'm funny before you.

So's your face.

fakeyank
15-02-2012, 11:40 PM

That was pretty much our best 11 out there bar JW. There is no excuse really!

Syn
15-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Right. We did have choices. Should have had the Ox starting instead of Rosicky - someone who shoots at the goal rather than trying to see if he can clear the roof with it. Ros lost it since his injury and, like Diaby, Arseshavings and others needs to be put out to grass and replaced with proven talent.

And even if we didn't have choices - the transfer window was 15 days ago. Arsenal are the 5th richest club in the world according to Deloitte. The Spuds needed Saha less than we did but they went in and got him. When his neck was on the line, he somehow pulled the Arteta and Mertesacker deals out of his arse within hours. Players were there if we wanted them.

And about the injury situation - he admitted the Wilshere setback was down to the club rushing him back. Our best midfielder - probably the best midfielder in the league - has been missing for the last month (and will probably miss the season) for something Wenger has admitted was avoidable. Who is Diaby? Why is he on the payroll? Who is Park? Why is Park on the payroll? Is it yet another coincidence that we lose two more key players - Mertesacker and Koscielny? Why are we always topping the injury table?

Unacceptable.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 11:49 PM

He'd have been better saying nout tbh.

selassie
15-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Sad thing is I wasnt surprised or even that upset we lost, this team has major flaws, we all know this, I suspect Arsene does too...no idea what he's going to do about it. I literally have nothing to look forward to with Arsenal these days.

fakeyank
15-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Sad thing is I wasnt surprised or even that upset we lost, this team has major flaws, we all know this, I suspect Arsene does too...no idea what he's going to do about it. I literally have nothing to look forward to with Arsenal these days.

Man City is still jealous of us though.. we are in 3 competitions!

Olivier's xmas twist
That was pretty much our best 11 out there bar JW. There is no excuse really!

Nah we missed Gev too

Olivier's xmas twist

Same how i feel its like the norm now.

KSE Comedy Club
15-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Why the fuck were we wearing that yellow kit?! Where was the blue away kit?

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Why the fuck were we wearing that yellow kit?! Where was the blue away kit?

Brilliant

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Man City is still jealous of us though.. we are in 3 competitions!

Ivan was High when he said it tbf

KSE Comedy Club
15-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Same how i feel its like the norm now.Me too.

I knew we'd loose before it started, I really don't care anymore. Theres much more important things in life to worry about than football.

I will always support arsenal but I'm not supporting this shower of shite and this clueless fucking **** of a manager anymore. Fuck it.

KSE Comedy Club
16-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Brilliant:shrug:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-02-2012, 12:02 AM
hopefully we lose to sunderland, then spurs, milan again and he'll go.

get steve bould in.

worked for barca.

cant be worse than what we are now.

leaf
16-02-2012, 12:03 AM
i knew we would lose but still get angry at these bunch of muppets playing for us and basic mistakes they all keep making

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Me too.

I knew we'd loose before it started, I really don't care anymore. Theres much more important things in life to worry about than football.

I will always support arsenal but I'm not support this shower of shote and this clueless fucking **** of a manger anymore. Fuck it.

Its not about winning trophies, don't really care about that, but the fact this nonsense keeps going on and nothing is everd done about it. Had we tried hard tonight and still lost then i'd be sympatetic.

Our Captain never got in the game or looked interested and that goes down to the other players. I see more shocks coming just don't know when.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 12:06 AM

I said it because everyone as complaining about the loss, just found it a bit ramdom that you went on about the Kit being yellow lo

Cripps_orig
16-02-2012, 12:11 AM
on the result...
It was of those nights you never forget. It is our worst night in Europe, we were punished and deservedly so. We were very poor offensively and defensively. We were beaten everywhere. There was not one moment in the 90 minutes we were really in the game. What made it worse is that we had to chase the game. It was always the same problem, balls over the top and we were well beaten.

It is difficult to analyse. I think it is better not to talk too much. We need to analyse with a cooler header and regroup for the next game.

on the focus now..
We will focus on our next games, the season is not finished. We have a big game on Saturday, which is a good opportunity to show we have character and mental strength and that we can respond after such a shocking defeat.

on the reasons for the defeat...
You could blame and blame. We have to stick together and win the next game. The players were very ambitious in this Champions League. They are the first to be very sad. We felt powerless today to get really into the game.

I cannot say I got everything perfect when we lost 4-0 but I don't believe we made big tactical mistakes. We did not have any other choices. I felt we were weak in some departments. I felt we could have some problems in some departments but I did not think we would not score.

on the chances of a knock-on effect...
There is a danger. A big disappointment like that has consequences on your belief. We have a lot of work to regroup and not a lot of time to prepare for Saturday's game. We need to show something completely different on Saturday.

on Arsenal's chances of progression now...
Let's be realistic, we don't play in dream world. Maybe two per cent or five per cent statistically. We have to show a completely different performance and you never know. But, you have to say, realistically, we are out of the competition.

on Koscielny...
It's a knee problem. We'll see [what happens].

I could think of more painful nights than this in Europe tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 12:15 AM
I could think of more painful nights than this in Europe tbh

No that was our worst night in Europe he i right about that one tbh.

Cripps_orig
16-02-2012, 12:24 AM
No that was our worst night in Europe he i right about that one tbh.Worst in terms of results, sure but you kinda expect it with this team full of powder puff girls so not that painful.

1995 CWC final was more painful than this or if we talking about Wenger era only than 03/04 CL v Chelsea

Japan Shaking All Over
16-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Shoddily thought-out percentages and stats after we've had an abysmal day at the office.

WUMger :bow:.

Disgusting how percentages are treated around here

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 12:35 AM
http://twicsy.com/i/uByFab

Daily Express headline for tommrow :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Worst in terms of results, sure but you kinda expect it with this team full of powder puff girls so not that painful.

1995 CWC final was more painful than this or if we talking about Wenger era only than 03/04 CL v Chelsea

Talking about in the Wenger Reign.

Japan Shaking All Over
16-02-2012, 12:39 AM

How?
. . .by breaking both his legs and puttting him into hospital himself

KSE Comedy Club
16-02-2012, 08:28 AM
I said it because everyone as complaining about the loss, just found it a bit ramdom that you went on about the Kit being yellow loOh right :lol:

In some ways though, something as simple as a random change of kit can have a psychological effect on the whole team.

Lord Nelson
16-02-2012, 08:38 AM

The only defence for Walcott was the pitch. The flanks were terrible!

KSE Comedy Club
16-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Its also good to hear that wenger thinks we are out already. What a looser.

Yes of course we probably are, we just don't have the team to overturn them, and none of us are stupid enough to think its 50-50 if we go through, but ffs arsene!

You don't tell the press and the world that your out and don't have a chance even if that is the case :doh:

server too busy!
16-02-2012, 09:03 AM
That was truelly horrific. To be fair the pitch was obscene, I don't know how you can get away with playing on something like that. The goals were mostly bad luck, the first a wonder strike, the second offside, the third a slip and the fourth wasn't a pen for me. Saying that we were awful and deserved to lose.

I don't see how Ramsey starts for us, he's a water carrier. Does nothing in the game, passes the ball side ways or goes for a hollywood pass that never reaches its target...tbh he's our new Denilson.

Walcott is such a pussy. He never battles for the ball, just stands around and waits for someone else to take the ball of him. He never takes players on and goes for a simple pass. Its frightening how much better the Ox is than him already. There is absolutely no doubt that our attacking front 3 should be Ox, RvP and Gervinho. We look more balanced and more of threat with those 3. Walcott offers nothing unless the team plays a high line.

Vermaelen, what happened to him? The guy looked disinterested yesterday, it was horrible watching him just walk around the pitch and jog back when we were in danger.

The midfield is awful. The sooner Diaby and Wilshere are back the better, at least they would offer some fight and technique. The sooner Ramsey is out of the first 11 the better.

Sczensny has really not progressed this season. He used to be some commanding but this season mistakes seem to be creeping in, I hope he's not getting over confident.

Blame Wenger all you want but last night was down to the players. It was like they were running in quick sand, they all looked knackered. Frightening.

selassie
16-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Its not about winning trophies, don't really care about that, but the fact this nonsense keeps going on and nothing is everd done about it. Had we tried hard tonight and still lost then i'd be sympatetic.

Our Captain never got in the game or looked interested and that goes down to the other players. I see more shocks coming just don't know when.

Yeah me too, I don't even think we're competing anymore, well not strongly competing anyway. I use to get angry about it, not anymore, it's not worth it.

Nothing is going to change.

LDG
16-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Weirdly, I'm quite chirpy this morning.

To me, that match last night wasn't a sum of the parts of the team....it was just...well....weird!

I seriously believe we'll beat them comfortably at our gaff, but that pen they got has pushed it out of our reach really.

In any case, they need to pull themselves together again, and this time make it stick. How many more "team meetings" do we need, or Henry's geeing them up.

It's time our manager stepped up and gave them the bollocking of their lives, made some drastic changes and put players hungry to play on the pitch.

V Sunderland we should start Coquilin and drop Song back in. Verms out left.

Letters
16-02-2012, 09:16 AM
The hot whiskey isn't dulling anything.

Time to wheel out the Night Nurse.

Alright, Whitney.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 09:22 AM
That was truelly horrific. To be fair the pitch was obscene, I don't know how you can get away with playing on something like that. The goals were mostly bad luck, the first a wonder strike, the second offside, the third a slip and the fourth wasn't a pen for me. Saying that we were awful and deserved to lose.

I don't see how Ramsey starts for us, he's a water carrier. Does nothing in the game, passes the ball side ways or goes for a hollywood pass that never reaches its target...tbh he's our new Denilson.

Walcott is such a pussy. He never battles for the ball, just stands around and waits for someone else to take the ball of him. He never takes players on and goes for a simple pass. Its frightening how much better the Ox is than him already. There is absolutely no doubt that our attacking front 3 should be Ox, RvP and Gervinho. We look more balanced and more of threat with those 3. Walcott offers nothing unless the team plays a high line.

Vermaelen, what happened to him? The guy looked disinterested yesterday, it was horrible watching him just walk around the pitch and jog back when we were in danger.The midfield is awful. The sooner Diaby and Wilshere are back the better, at least they would offer some fight and technique. The sooner Ramsey is out of the first 11 the better.

Sczensny has really not progressed this season. He used to be some commanding but this season mistakes seem to be creeping in, I hope he's not getting over confident.

Blame Wenger all you want but last night was down to the players. It was like they were running in quick sand, they all looked knackered. Frightening.

:gp:

AS for TV 5 like MS has been saying for a couple of months not has been badly off form, something we don't need. Kos Is clearly our best defender this season sucks he is out for who knows how long.

As for chesney, just put Flappy handski back in goal till the summer it can't hurt tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Weirdly, I'm quite chirpy this morning.

To me, that match last night wasn't a sum of the parts of the team....it was just...well....weird!

I seriously believe we'll beat them comfortably at our gaff, but that pen they got has pushed it out of our reach really.In any case, they need to pull themselves together again, and this time make it stick. How many more "team meetings" do we need, or Henry's geeing them up.

It's time our manager stepped up and gave them the bollocking of their lives, made some drastic changes and put players hungry to play on the pitch.

V Sunderland we should start Coquilin and drop Song back in. Verms out left.

Really, I Can see them Scoring at our place thats the problem.

GP
16-02-2012, 09:29 AM
The goals were mostly bad luck, the first a wonder strike, the second offside, the third a slip and the fourth wasn't a pen for me. Saying that we were awful and deserved to lose.

That's pretty much how I feel. We deserved to lose, but by 4 was harsh and flatters them a lot.

LDG
Really, I Can see them Scoring at our place thats the problem.

Well yeah....who doesn't score against us.

Letters

Oh fuck off! People would be moaning if he said he thought we had a chance, it would show a complete lack of grip on reality.
People moan (rightly so) when he comes out with some shit about how <insert crap player here> is super, super quality. We can't then moan when he says something which shows he knows the reality of the situation.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Well yeah....who doesn't score against us.

True, I suppose your right we probs beat them but like you say it may not be enough tbh.

GP
16-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Oh fuck off! People would be moaning if he said he thought we had a chance, it would show a complete lack of grip on reality.
People moan (rightly so) when he comes out with some shit about how <insert crap player here> is super, super quality. We can't then moan when he says something which shows he knows the reality of the situation.

Are you new here?

Moaners gonna moan. What can you do?

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 09:36 AM

Yes of course we probably are, we just don't have the team to overturn them, and none of us are stupid enough to think its 50-50 if we go through, but ffs arsene!

You don't tell the press and the world that your out and don't have a chance even if that is the case :doh:

Thing is you have to be realistic, even harry said the same last season when spuds lost 4-0 at RM, Most managers would have done the same tbh. I would be more pissed if he said we can still win the whole comp.

At last its taken 7 years but Wenger is finally seeing clearly.

BOBN
16-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Vermaelen, what happened to him? The guy looked disinterested yesterday, it was horrible watching him just walk around the pitch and jog back when we were in danger.

nothing happened, he just got found out. we went overboard on him cos hes aggressive and has a sweet left foot and whatnot but hes never been a top defender. liability. and the question should be, can we find a defender good enough to hold his hand through games? but that would be harsh on kos who looks the better player.

BOBN
16-02-2012, 09:58 AM
and who was it who laughed at me when I said a year or so back that robinho was a better player than arshavin? :pal:

the people suprised/disappinted at this are those who simply underrated milans players. robinho, boateng, ibrahimovic are fashionably derided in this country but theyre all top players. this milan side would have had to go some to get knocked out by this arsenal side.

KSE Comedy Club
16-02-2012, 10:16 AM

Nope.

It doesnt matter what the reality is, he should'nt say we are vitually out. I wouldnt want any manager from any club to do that, it tells the players that there is nothing they can do to overturn the deficit when we all know that things in football can take some odd twists and turns.

I dont think we can go through, but if I was a player in that team and my manager just told the world that I had played shit and there is little I can do to beat Milan in the next game and I was going out of the CL, then I would be thinking 'ah well fuck it, were gonna loose'.

Im not asking him to bullshit through the interview, but the least he could of said is, 'we were shit yes and we have a mammoth task ahead of us, but Im going to make sure the team fight hard to try and overturn this result'

Thats what a winner would say.

Oh, by the way, wenger hasnt had a grip on reality for the last 7 years :good:

Letters
16-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Nope.

Yep. You've been on here long enough to know how people would have moaned had Wenger said he thought we could still go through.

Xhaka Can’t
16-02-2012, 10:22 AM

That is why they are shocks.

KSE Comedy Club
16-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Thing is you have to be realistic, even harry said the same last season when spuds lost 4-0 at RM, Most managers would have done the same tbh. I would be more pissed if he said we can still win the whole comp.

At last its taken 7 years but Wenger is finally seeing clearly.

The difference is that when arry says it, you know the players are gonna get torn a new asshole and will play out of their skin in the next game.

Wenger will just sit the team down and break out the marshmallows and hot chocolate and read them all a story, probably Goldilocks and the three bears.

KSE Comedy Club
16-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Yep. You've been on here long enough to know how people would have moaned had Wenger said he thought we could still go through.

Im not saying they wouldnt.

But Im not talking about what peoples reaction on here would be. That doesnt affect the team.

As a manager he shouldnt be making them feel like they havent got a chance - its a loosers mentality.

Fans moaning on a MB bear no relevance whatsoever to how the team will pick itself up and perform for the coming games, but words from the managers mouth will.

Letters
16-02-2012, 10:26 AM

:lol:

Xhaka Can’t
16-02-2012, 10:31 AM
and who was it who laughed at me when I said a year or so back that robinho was a better player than arshavin? :pal:

Nobody really gives a fuck, mate.

BOBN
16-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Nobody really gives a fuck, mate.
its fun being right tho tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 10:39 AM

Deuces

The difference is that when arry says it, you know the players are gonna get torn a new asshole and will play out of their skin in the next game.

Wenger will just sit the team down and break out the marshmallows and hot chocolate and read them all a story, probably Goldilocks and the three bears.

My point was almost all managers would have said the same thing, the players are not thick to think we can stillgo through tbh. Like Letters said He'd have got lynched if he said we have a big change to go through.

TBF he did say they were a small chance we could do something though.

KSE Comedy Club
16-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Deuces

My point was almost all managers would have said the same thing, the players are not thick to think we can stillgo through tbh. Like Letters said He'd have got lynched if he said we have a big change to go through.

TBF he did say they were a small chance we could do something though.

You wouldnt hear fergie saying that, Im sure, nor mourihno for that matter.

I dont think he should have said we have any size of chance, just that there is a chance if they work hard and fight for it.

Again, he would have been lynched where? On internet message boards?

So what. The team dont listen to what the internet says but they do listen to what their manager says.

With a squad with a mentality as piss weak as ours, what he said last night can only damage them further.

Wenger out tbh.

Syn
16-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Im not asking him to bullshit through the interview, but the least he could of said is, 'we were shit yes and we have a mammoth task ahead of us, but Im going to make sure the team fight hard to try and overturn this result'

Thats what a winner would say.

That's garbage.

If he said that it would be the definition of 'bullshitting through the interview'.

KSE Comedy Club
16-02-2012, 10:59 AM

That's garbage.

If he said that it would be the definition of 'bullshitting through the interview'.

No, bullshitting would be him saying 'of course we will go through, this result means nothing and it will be a piece of piss for us at the emirates'.

Him saying 'theres a chance but it wont be easy' isnt bullshit. There is always a chance in football.

Again, to us on t'internet it makes no fucking difference what he says, but to the team it does.

Letters
16-02-2012, 11:03 AM
:lol: Wenger's constantly criticised for molly-coddling the players and talking them up when they should be getting criticism for their performances.
For once he's come out and admitted it was a rubbish performance and he's still getting criticism.

Haters gotta hate.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 11:05 AM
[
You wouldnt hear fergie saying that, Im sure, nor mourihno for that matter.

I dont think he should have said we have any size of chance, just that there is a chance if they work hard and fight for it.

Again, he would have been lynched where? On internet message boards?

So what. The team dont listen to what the internet says but they do listen to what their manager says.

With a squad with a mentality as piss weak as ours, what he said last night can only damage them further.

Wenger out tbh.

Were 4-0 down don't see how it can damage them further, what he says about the cl should have no effect on the fa cup or finish 4th. Makes no diffrence.

Id be stupid for him to say we can still go through just as it would be for him to say we could win the league or should he say it to boost the sqauds confidence.

Kano
16-02-2012, 11:05 AM
No, bullshitting would be him saying 'of course we will go through, this result means nothing and it will be a piece of piss for us at the emirates'.

Him saying 'theres a chance but it wont be easy' isnt bullshit. There is always a chance in football.

Again, to us on t'internet it makes no fucking difference what he says, but to the team it does.
i would think they are smart enough not to listen to the tripe he trots out to the media every week

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 11:11 AM

He did say there is a chance though, end of the day who gives a shite what he says to the media means nothing, as long as he tells his players whats what that is all that matters.

Syn
16-02-2012, 11:14 AM

The 'arm around the shoulder' tactic hasn't worked. He always protects his players after a massive disappointment and you know what happens? Within weeks we are out of every competition. That his been the story season after season. We have a crunch, season-defining week or 10 day period where everything just goes to shit. And then there's Wenger with "we will continue to fight" and "it's not over until it is mathematically impossible" - it becomes mathematically impossible immediately.

Yesterday I can't criticise him for criticising his players or for calling the performance the worst ever or any of that - because he's just calling it like it is. But I don't praise him either because I don't really care what he says. There have been many 'wake-up' calls that players have been allowed to sleep through.

Arsene feels the players have let him down. They probably did. He probably puts too much faith in them in the first place; we needed more seasoned pros who have done it (or are capable of doing it) at the top level, but nevertheless we are much better than what we showed last night. So Arsene called it like it was and we are not going through. If he named some of those players (Ramsey, Song, Arteta, Theo, Vermaelen, Sagna, Szczesny, Rosicky) an embarrassment, I'd back him on that too. It's got to that point. Fine, we might not be the best footballing side around, but we have to at least turn up. Players shouldn't need to be told to turn up in the knock-out stages of the Champions League in the San Siro. If you have any sense of perspective, you do that automatically.

Sirjackofwilshere
16-02-2012, 11:25 AM
meh, not surprised one bit. Lose two of the best midfielders in the world (Nasri on last years form) and not replace them?? this is the result. This team is pitfully average.

Gibbs, Ramsey, Arteta, Lolcott, Rosicky ...all average as.

Grebbo
16-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Not bothered at all.

We were never going to win the thing so what's the point? An extra £5m or so getting to the next round not to be spent on players? Yippeeee!!

Now we have to watch Djourou v Adebayor.....that's going to be fun.

KSE Comedy Club
16-02-2012, 01:00 PM
:lol: Wenger's constantly criticised for molly-coddling the players and talking them up when they should be getting criticism for their performances.
For once he's come out and admitted it was a rubbish performance and he's still getting criticism.

Haters gotta hate.

Im not criticising him for admitting it was a rubbish performance :shrug:

Marc Overmars
16-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Nothing wrong with what he said after the game. He would have been laughed out of town if he so much as alluded to the possibility of there being a turn-around.

We blew it. Everyone knows it and he said as much, although he did have to get some pointless percentages in for effect, you can't keep a good WUM down.

WUMger. :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Not bothered at all.

We were never going to win the thing so what's the point? An extra £5m or so getting to the next round not to be spent on players? Yippeeee!!Now we have to watch Djourou v Adebayor.....that's going to be fun.

Agree but you can't say you would have felt this way had we won 3-0 yesterday.

GP
16-02-2012, 01:10 PM
We were going to beat Milan, but then we took an arrow to the knee.

Grebbo
16-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Agree but you can't say you would have felt this way had we won 3-0 yesterday.

True.

KSE Comedy Club
16-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Im backing out of this.

My opinion hasnt changed.

He was right to slag the team off for their performance, should do that more often.

IMO he shouldnt have publicly written the team off for the second leg before its even been played, regardless of the facts or if in reality, we dont stand a chance.

Some posters on here are just completely unable to understand the point I am making so I will leave it at that.

Wenger still needs to go and massive changes are needed to sort this team out and turn it around.

KSE Comedy Club
16-02-2012, 01:15 PM
We were going to beat Milan, but then we took an arrow to the knee.

Skyrim :bow:

Coney
16-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Some posters on here are just completely unable to understand the point I am making so I will leave it at that.

Yeah, I'm misunderstood too. :crying:

Newguy
16-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Im backing out of this.

My opinion hasnt changed.

He was right to slag the team off for their performance, should do that more often.

IMO he shouldnt have publicly written the team off for the second leg before its even been played, regardless of the facts or if in reality, we dont stand a chance.

Wenger still needs to go and massive changes are needed to sort this team out and turn it around.

Well some players have come out and said it's not over yet. Arteta is saying never say never

http://www.football365.com/arsenal/7525153/Arteta-It-s-not-over-yet?

Chesney has come out and said it still possible to go through also, so some of the players do believe it is possible, but realistically it isnt just like Wenger said and I think overall Wenger is letting the players know that they have blown it in the CL this season from this performance.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Well some players have come out and said it's not over yet. Arteta is saying never say never

http://www.football365.com/arsenal/7525153/Arteta-It-s-not-over-yet?

Chesney has come out and said it still possible to go through also, so some of the players do believe it is possible, but realistically it isnt just like Wenger said and I think overall Wenger is letting the players know that they have blown it in the CL this season from this performance.

Our players need to STFU and do their talking on the pitch at Staduim of light on saturday.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Thomas Vermaelen has called on Arsenal to give something back to the fans when AC Milan visit the Emirates for the second leg of their UEFA Champions League tie.
Nearly 5,000 Gunners supporters travelled to the San Siro for Wednesday's game where they saw their side slip to a 4-0 defeat in a lacklustre display.
And with their hopes of progression hanging by a thread, the defender knows the team must go out and play with pride.
Vermaelen (http://topics.skysports.com/Thomas+Vermaelen/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif told the club's official website: "We have another game and the only thing we can do is show our pride and give 100 per cent. That is what we have to do.
"We have to give something back to the fans who came all the way here, we disappointed them. The only thing we can do is try to get a good result in the home game.
"The fans supported us all the way to Milan and we disappointed them, which is not good. We will try to give them something back when we next play at home.
"It was not a good evening for us, they scored four times and we did not play well. It's simple - we conceded too many chances and too many goals and it was just a bad evening.
"They played well, they were aggressive - more than us I think and you can see that from the result. It's difficult to give an explanation so soon after the game because I am disappointed. The result was really bad.
"What happened, we have to forget now. We have to learn from it and just keep going to the next game."

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/newreply.php?p=101012&noquote=1

"We have to give something back to the fans who came all the way here, we disappointed them. The only thing we can do is try to get a good result in the home game

Heard it all before TV5 thats all you lot say, the same shite just in diffrent turns.

Japan Shaking All Over
16-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Although I have learnt to take some things said with a pinch of soy sauce. . . I do expect the players of the team to go out in evrry game with the belief they are going to win. . .even in the second leg of a match they are already 4 nil down. . .so props to some of the noises coming out of the club. . .

But at the same time I expect thise wirds to be backed up by actions starting with a win on Satur

GP
16-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Now it all makes sense...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzi5pbJQjT1qgqytao1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1329510182&Signature=H%2BCvfenbaf1UammJHiMKYn12OtE%3D

Flavs
16-02-2012, 08:25 PM

Like it does every season in fact, we all know we will lose to Scumderland, lose at home to Spurs and get fucked at Liverhoof. It happens year after year after year

Mentally weak teams who cant dig in to get a clean sheet

Coney
16-02-2012, 08:47 PM

Heard it all before TV5 thats all you lot say, the same shite just in diffrent turns.

He/They could give something back. A 5-0 win would settle the matter.

BOBN
16-02-2012, 11:16 PM

fack off Vermalean, horrible player. bar Kompany this entire generation of belgian players are a bunch of frauds.

Cripps_orig
16-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Hazard is pretty awesome tbh

AKBapologist
17-02-2012, 12:10 AM
https://p.twimg.com/Al0FkcuCIAAiJyk.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/16/arsene-wenger-arsenal-squad-tirade?newsfeed=true

And also:

Arsene Wenger ready to dump Arsenal flops after San Siro Champions League humiliation
Arsène Wenger is considering a major summer shake-up of his failing Arsenal squad after Wednesday night’s 4-0 humiliation against AC Milan.

Changing of the guard: Arsene Wenger is prepared to bring in new blood and get rid of some established stars Photo: GETTY IMAGES
By Jeremy Wilson11:00PM GMT 16 Feb 2012 Comment
Wenger was genuinely shocked by Wednesday’s match and, having publicly savaged the performance of his team, there was also a 'clear the air’ meeting at Arsenal's training ground on Thursday.
According to one source, Wenger “went crazy” and vented his anger directly at the players for a performance that he regarded as the worst in Europe during his 15 years as Arsenal manager. There was a general acceptance among the squad that Wenger’s criticisms were justified.
Several prominent first-team players are now playing for their future, including Theo Walcott, Tomas Rosicky and Andrei Arshavin, whose contracts expire over the next 18 months but have yet to secure new deals.
Arsenal will also consider offers for Marouane Chamakh and Sébastien Squillaci, who have barely featured this season, while other fringe players, such as Nicklas Bendtner, Carlos Vela, Denilson and Manuel Almunia, are finally expected to be sold.
The club’s half-yearly accounts will be published this month and, following the sales last summer of Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Gaël Clichy, a likely profit of £55 million is set to prompt disquiet among fans.

Wenger, though, was frustrated in January by the unavailability of his main targets and preferred to keep his budget intact. He is still tracking Cologne’s Lukas Podolski, Borussia Dortmund’s Mario Götze and the Lille playmaker Eden Hazard, but knows that Arsenal would have little hope of competing for such sought-after players if they do fail to reach next season’s Champions League.
Even if they do remain in the Premier League’s top four, Arsenal also face the threat of being outbid by richer rivals.
Wednesday’s defeat was hardly an enticing advert for potential signings and could also only reduce the chances of persuading Robin van Persie to extend his contract beyond 2013.
Van Persie, the Arsenal captain, was said to be forlorn in the dressing room after the match.
Yet while Arsenal are keen to open negotiations with Van Persie, the lack of decisive progress on Walcott, Arshavin and Rosicky suggests an uncertainty on all sides.
Preliminary talks have been held with representatives of Walcott but there is a growing sense that final decisions will be made at the end of the season.
Arshavin is the subject of interest from Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala. With the transfer window in Russia open until Feb 24, he could even leave next week.
Rosicky’s representatives have held talks with Wenger and, although the Czech Republic captain was anonymous on Wednesday, he has been among Arsenal’s better recent performers.
The expectation is that he will be offered a one-year deal.
Wenger’s own position also remains a subject of growing conjecture among supporters.
The Frenchman has regularly stressed that he will honour a contract which expires in 2014, although he would consider his position if he felt that he was underperforming.
Support from the Arsenal board remains solid and Wenger’s position is not regarded as contingent on finishing in the top four.
There remains sympathy from Stan Kroenke, the club’s majority owner, and the other directors at the difficult job Wenger has had this season following the sale of key players.
The hope is that he can secure fourth in the Premier League and then rebuild in the summer with additions of a comparable quality to Fàbregas and Nasri.
It is felt that Arsenal do still have at least the core of a competitive squad in Jack Wilshere, Wojciech Szczesny, Laurent Koscielny, Thomas Vermaelen, Bacary Sagna, Alex Song, Aaron Ramsey, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kieran Gibbs, Van Persie, Walcott and Gervinho.
Emmanuel Petit, who helped Arsenal win the Double in 1998, has urged Wenger to get ruthless with serial underperformers.
“I asked myself what has become of the team that I knew,” he said. “It’s worse than I thought. It’s a gulf which is confirmed weekend after weekend. In midfield, there isn’t anything now, the defence is constantly under construction.
"It’s fortunate that Van Persie is up front. Certain young players haven’t done enough to justify the confidence that Arsène has in them. Walcott – somehow he’s going to have to reach the next stage. It’s been years that he’s been at the same level.
“Aaron Ramsey, against Milan, I got the impression it was his twin brother on the pitch. In the way they behave, in their body language, we see they’re not there anymore.
“You have to send out a strong signal. You have to say to Arshavin, and to Rosicky: 'Gentlemen, thank you, but goodbye’. And soon.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9087759/Arsene-Wenger-ready-to-dump-Arsenal-flops-after-San-Siro-Champions-League-humiliation.html

Olivier's xmas twist
17-02-2012, 12:17 AM
https://p.twimg.com/Al0FkcuCIAAiJyk.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/16/arsene-wenger-arsenal-squad-tirade?newsfeed=true

And also:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9087759/Arsene-Wenger-ready-to-dump-Arsenal-flops-after-San-Siro-Champions-League-humiliation.html

Its about time too, should have done this long before this defeat, we will see on sat if it has worked tbh.

KSE Comedy Club
17-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Great if he has give them a bollocking but it's too little too late.

Also that second article could virtually be a copy and paste job from the end of last season. Summer clear out of the shit.

Look how that turned out :rolleyes:

LDG
17-02-2012, 10:02 AM
I would love a summer clear out. And Stevie Bould coming in as no.2 would be a breath of fresh air.

Make it so Arsene.

Fats
17-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Again we have heard the clearout stories before. It wont happen.Nothing ever does

GP
17-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Well it's not as simple as just getting rid of players.

You have to find a club willing to take them, and the player has to agree to go there. But last summer Shit ****s like Bendtner, Vela, Denilson, Nasri were all shipped out.

LDG
17-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Well it's not as simple as just getting rid of players.

You have to find a club willing to take them, and the player has to agree to go there. But last summer Shit ****s like Bendtner, Vela, Denilson, Nasri were all shipped out.

I think there are a number of ****s who come the end of their contracts this year, so they can just sod off. Squillacci etc.

I'm not adverse to getting rid of Theo, Arshavin etc who will all find homes and for decent-ish prices.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Again we have heard the clearout stories before. It wont happen.Nothing ever does

We have about 5/7 players who are out of contract tbh which include 3 of our keepers and Rosicky.

Also there alots of quality players who we could bring in on a free as well as signing the likes of Hazard and Poldolski.

SO we not really be spending alot bringing in quality.

Dog Toffee
17-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Its about time too, should have done this long before this defeat, we will see on sat if it has worked tbh.

Yeah, just after the 7-1 win would have been suitable.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah, just after the 7-1 win would have been suitable.

What has beating blackburn 7-1 got to do with us being woeful all season.

fakeyank
17-02-2012, 08:35 PM
We have about 5/7 players who are out of contract tbh which include 3 of our keepers and Rosicky.

Also there alots of quality players who we could bring in on a free as well as signing the likes of Hazard and Poldolski.

SO we not really be spending alot bringing in quality.

Which quality players are for free? Hazard and Podolski are going to cost a good amount of money, so thats not going to happen.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Which quality players are for free? Hazard and Podolski are going to cost a good amount of money, so thats not going to happen.

Riccardo Montolivo
Mathieu Flamini
Daniele De Rossi
David Hoilett
Salomon Kalou
Dimitar Berbatov
Hugo Rodallega
Isaac Cuena(from Barca)
Ederson(lyon)
Amd a few more, a lot of these would make our sqaud better than it is, Maybe Hazard won't happen, but it can if the club want it to.

fakeyank
18-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Riccardo Montolivo
Mathieu Flamini
Daniele De Rossi
David Hoilett
Salomon Kalou
Dimitar Berbatov
Hugo Rodallega
Isaac Cuena(from Barca)
Ederson(lyon)
Amd a few more, a lot of these would make our sqaud better than it is, Maybe Hazard won't happen, but it can if the club want it to.

Kalou is shit, Berba wont come to Arsenal. Rodallega would be a good signing but he has interest from Spurs and he would go to a team playing in the CL than a team in the Europa league. Flamini out of that list would be a good addition though! Rest are meh.. but they'd improve this team anyday!