PDA

View Full Version : Would you blame RVP for leaving ?

Munchies
18-02-2012, 07:54 PM
If RVP left, would people treat him as a **** , ie Nasri, or actually support him ?

I'd actually understand if he left now :wave: . He is in his best years now at being 28 and winning nothing now isn't going to help him. I'd rather see him prosper in a side like Real as opposed to being stuck in a drab as he is now being surrounded by crap players. He's won 1 trophy with Feyenoord (Uefa Cup) , but being with us also only one.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-02-2012, 08:00 PM
No unlike the Lesbian he has given all, could have asked for a move in the summer but he stayed and in the end he just could not do it all. He deserves some sucess and we won't have some for a while so good luck to him.

Syn
18-02-2012, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't blame him for leaving. But I would rather him stay and cement his place as a club legend. I want what is best for Van Persie, but I want what is better for Arsenal more. As the only remaining proven-quality player, if he decided to stay and skipper the club for the next 5 years through the lows - through Wenger leaving - and through a change of manager, it would make him a giant of a man in my eyes.

Cripps_orig
18-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Didnt blame Nasri

Wouldnt blame RVP

Niall_Quinn
18-02-2012, 08:11 PM
If he wants to win trophies in his career he has to leave and he will leave. He has given everything to the club this season so he's playing fair. We stuck by him, within reason. He has stuck by us, within reason. But things are unreasonable now. Now serious footballer would want to be at this club for any reason other than to use it as a stepping stone or see out a career if nobody else is interested. There will be plenty of interest in RvP, primarily from our board of course, but also by teams who can win trophies. I just hope he does us a favour and leaves the country. It would e hard to see him playing for Shitty or Utd.

Dennis Bendtner
18-02-2012, 08:17 PM
No not really. He's seen enough summers pass here to be desperate to see through another one. Opportunity to play with better players on a more lucrative contract. Blaming the player's not the answer here. Get the feeling he's a purist though, and he'd rather not go to certain clubs. But that's just an impression.

milla
18-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Didnt blame Nasri

Wouldnt blame RVP

:gp:

Xhaka Can’t
18-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Nasri and Van Persie present two entirely different situations. One has pride, has given his all for the Club and sought to lead by example. The other is a lazy self absorbed lesbian bitch.

Letters
18-02-2012, 09:10 PM
He'd be mad to stay tbh :(

GP
18-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Yes, I'd blame him.

selassie
18-02-2012, 09:21 PM
I really can't think of any sane reason why he would stay. He' s done his time here, good luck to him.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-02-2012, 09:26 PM
I really can't think of any sane reason why he would stay. He' s done his time here, good luck to him.

Can we throw theo in any transfer we do for himm too.

Marc Overmars
18-02-2012, 09:27 PM
It would be disappointing in the sense that the last 12 months or so is the first real period of world class consistency we've got from him.

However if you put yourself in his shoes then there is a perfectly acceptable and logical reason for wanting to move on.

Young Guns 11
19-02-2012, 03:15 AM
Leave us.

Just for his sake. He deserves to have something tangible to show for his career. The idea makes me really sad though.

Obviously I want him to stay because that means it will be less likely that we'll be a "great" team again in the future, but I think we're nearing or maybe even reached at a point where we no longer will be a great team regardless whether he goes or not.

Anybody else?

Aida
19-02-2012, 03:35 AM
You think he should go and leave us weaker?? then you really need to use that head of yours. If it was not for him we would be 10th instead of 4th(soon to be 5th) i know your down in the dumps but lets not think rational. We are a one man team and as you have seen then don't score we lose or draw.

Syn
19-02-2012, 03:57 AM
If you are saying that Van Persie would be justified in leaving, then I agree with you. But if you're saying that you want Van Persie to leave, then I think it's weird. I am an Arsenal supporter first, and then a Van Persie supporter. I want what is best for the club and, undoubtedly, that is Van Persie staying.

I've read/heard a lot of views about this. And people pretending like this is a simple decision are being moronic. Whether Van Persie 'should' do something depends on what he feels is important. If it's on-pitch success, he would almost certainly find a more suitable club than Arsenal. But being able to lift a trophy might not be the most important thing in Van Persie's life - as difficult as it might be to imagine. If he has seen the connection Henry has with Arsenal fans and wants his own gold statue outside the stadium, he can become a club legend by staying here for another 5 years as captain. The club will offer him ridiculous money, I'm sure, with a similar contract to Henry's in 2006. His family seemed to be settled here - there are a lot of other factors that matter.

And although we are the shittiest club in the history of the game, we can change. And quickly. We have to, painfully, look at the spuds for a self-stable model that can work. We can become a great team again and we can do it relatively quickly. We have the ingredients needed for a successful club. We have done the difficult, 'long-term' bit. We have an incredible stadium that generates large revenues, and we have assets that place us as the 5th wealthiest club in Europe. State of the art facilities, a great youth set-up etc..under direction and a more sensible approach we can be great. We have to, with regret, look at the spuds for a self-sustaining model that works. They have complemented promising young players with relatively established players and it has worked. They haven't done anything extraordinary...all they've done is made opportunistic buys that we are more than capable of making; Parker, VDV, Modric etc.

I can't imagine Wenger staying for more than another year. Under a new manager with fresh methods, we might well be able to find success. And in that case, Van Persie could achieve his on-field goals here. The probability of him doing that at Barcelona or Milan are undoubtedly greater. The value of doing that elsewhere is only something he knows.

I wouldn't blame Van Persie if he left, of course. But if he's anything like me and places great weight on sentimental value and loyalty, he might well decide to stay. And he wouldn't be silly for doing that.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-02-2012, 08:36 AM
You cant blame RvP. . .unlike some he would have played out his contract and unlike many (including some that he would leave behind ) he has done so by giving his all!
It is not RvP I blame, that lies with the club for planting the seed of thought that life could be bettet at another club by not having the ambition or quality personnel to make the likes of RvP think that it is at Arsenal that his dreams can be met.
Us fans are lumped with this crock of shit, andif it wasnt for the fact that we had our brains removed at birth, we too may be caught looking for a better club to support

However I like Syn, sense a difference to Cesc and Nas in RvP, canr see him pining for the Dutch league and he isnt a whore like Nas or Ade, he might just stay but the club will have to show their hand first before he makes a decision. . .I did used to think Cesc would have stayed if we brought in the quality but we didnt. . .and this time it wont be any different. . .

milla
19-02-2012, 10:18 AM
You cant blame RvP. . .unlike some he would have played out his contract and unlike many (including some that he would leave behind ) he has done so by giving his all!
It is not RvP I blame, that lies with the club for planting the seed of thought that life could be bettet at another club by not having the ambition or quality personnel to make the likes of RvP think that it is at Arsenal that his dreams can be met.
Us fans are lumped with this crock of shit, andif it wasnt for the fact that we had our brains removed at birth, we too may be caught looking for a better club to support

However I like Syn, sense a difference to Cesc and Nas in RvP, canr see him pining for the Dutch league and he isnt a whore like Nas or Ade, he might just stay but the club will have to show their hand first before he makes a decision. . .I did used to think Cesc would have stayed if we brought in the quality but we didnt. . .and this time it wont be any different. . .

The club will not let RvP see out his contract. They will sell him like they did to Nasri. The players are no angels, so is the AFC. :coffee:

Fats
19-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Firsly, how the fuck did we let this happen yet again.

Second, he should go for himself. TBF he has never said he wants a move, and I am not sure he would want to.

I think the supporters need to be told whats happening with the manager the minute the last game of the season ends. It will make it clear to all parties what to do.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Firsly, how the fuck did we let this happen yet again.

Second, he should go for himself. TBF he has never said he wants a move, and I am not sure he would want to.

I think the supporters need to be told whats happening with the manager the minute the last game of the season ends. It will make it clear to all parties what to do.

He has a year left at least, but i suppose the club will get more for him this season, So its not even a case of him wanting to stay or not, the baord will sell him anyways, got to may that profit right.

Yep i think we need to be told what happeing with the manager and believe once he goes RVP will too he won't feel he owed anyonre anything anymore tbh.

Joker
19-02-2012, 10:54 AM
He's probably got 2 more years where he can sustain the sort of performances he had in 2011. I can see him leaving at the end of the season, knowing that time is running out for him to be an integral part of a trophy winning side.

Coney
19-02-2012, 09:16 PM
He has asked the Arsenal to buy more decent players and I have no problem with that. He has been a good captain and has not spoken against the club. He has a few years left to get some trophies - I don't think he plays the game for the money, he wants to win. If the club are not going to make that possible by refusing to get the players we need then, like Cesc and Henry, I would quite understand if he moved to a club who show serious signs of actually wanting to win something. He should go to somewhere like Barca where winning is everything and I would accept that he had not been left with any choice. I don't think it fair to expect him to carry on propping up a club that can't be arsed - for whatever reason - to make a serious attempt to win trophies.

fakeyank
20-02-2012, 02:16 AM
RVP would be a ****. How can you leave a club with so much promise, world class manager and highly probably Europa league place? Greedy mercenary!