PDA

View Full Version : SOS (Spuds on Sunday)!!

Lord Nelson
21-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Early to start a thread on this I know! But I have rarely dreaded a North London Derby like this for some time. I am trying to look for positives from our team but I can't! In the last couple of games v Milan and Sunderland, we have shown very little fight or passion! The Spuds in my office are already piping up! Come on Arsene, rally the boys for Sunday!!

Marc Overmars
21-02-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm not dreading the game, to do that I'd actually need to have some passion for it in the first place.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Early to start a thread on this I know! But I have rarely dreaded a North London Derby like this for some time. I am trying to look for positives from our team but I can't! In the last couple of games v Milan and Sunderland, we have shown very little fight or passion! The Spuds in my office are already piping up! Come on Arsene, rally the boys for Sunday!!

Yep, time for the lads to show some fecking pride, its a fecking derby that should motivate them in itself.

Kano
21-02-2012, 04:05 PM
couldn't care less about who we beat as long as we get fourth come the end of the season.

that's all that matters.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 04:06 PM
couldn't care less about who we beat as long as we get fourth come the end of the season.

that's all that matters

:gp:

Cripps_orig
21-02-2012, 04:20 PM
We'll lose this but as long as its respectable.

I wont be watching though so tbh i dont really give a shit

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Just cheered myself up by revisiting the honours list on their official website.

Southern League Champions 1899/1900
Western League Champions 1903/1904
London League Premier Division Champions 1902/1903
Football League South 'C' Division Champions 1939/1940
Football League South Champions 1943/1944, 1944/1945
Southern District Charity Cup Winners 1901/1902, 1904/1905 (joint), 1906/1907
Dewar Shield Winners 1901/1902, 1933/1934, 1934/1935
London Challenge Cup Winners 1910/1911, 1928/1929
Anglo-Italian League Cup-Winners Cup Winners 1971/1972
Norwich Charity Cup Winners 1919/1920
Norwich Hospital Charity Cup Winners 1946/1947, 1949/1950 (joint)
Ipswich Hospital Charity Cup Winners 1951/1952 (joint)
Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965, 1966
Nolia Cup (Sweden) Winners 1977
Japan Cup Winners 1979
Sun International Challenge Trophy (Swaziland) Winners 1983
Peace Cup (Korea) Winners 2005
Vodacom Challenge (South Africa) Winners 2007
Feyenoord Jubileum Tournament (Holland) Winners 2008
Barclays Asia Trophy (China) Winners 2009

Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners? :haha:

Marc Overmars
21-02-2012, 04:49 PM
The Ipswich and Norwich Hospital Charity Cup. :bow:

Chrissie
21-02-2012, 04:52 PM
:haha:

Letters
21-02-2012, 04:55 PM

that's all that matters.

Hmm. I'm not sure it is all that matters.

Letters
21-02-2012, 04:56 PM
The Ipswich and Norwich Hospital Charity Cup. :bow:

"Joint winners" :lol:

That always makes me laugh.

Ollie the Optimist
21-02-2012, 06:12 PM
the NLD couldnt come at a worse time, but also couldnt come at a better time.

the worse time is because the scum are playing really well, are up for it and are favourites not to win but to hammer us, and also the fact mike dean is ref means we lost this one anyway. we playing like shit doesnt help either so its the worst game to have really as lose and the fans will finally lose with everyone i think.

however it couldnt come at a better time because who better to beat then your hated rivals when you need a performance like never before. win this, and win well and sets us up for a good run in. players and fans are down but untie to win this one and suddenly the confidence will come back (not much but beating the scum always makes people feel good)

Marc Overmars
21-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Ollie's blessings in disguise. :bow:

Lord Nelson
21-02-2012, 06:43 PM
the NLD couldnt come at a worse time, but also couldnt come at a better time.

the worse time is because the scum are playing really well, are up for it and are favourites not to win but to hammer us, and also the fact mike dean is ref means we lost this one anyway. we playing like shit doesnt help either so its the worst game to have really as lose and the fans will finally lose with everyone i think.

however it couldnt come at a better time because who better to beat then your hated rivals when you need a performance like never before. win this, and win well and sets us up for a good run in. players and fans are down but untie to win this one and suddenly the confidence will come back (not much but beating the scum always makes people feel good)
Amen Ollie!! A victory against the dirty scum always helps!!

Grebbo
21-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I guess what we're feeling now is how the Spuds have felt for the past 15 years.

Scared.

:upset:

fakeyank
21-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Its a win-win situation really!

A win- we beat the ****s across the street

A loss- more agitation by the fans to have AW sacked

A draw- we took off points from Spuds possibly fighting for the title!

:trophy:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 08:37 PM

However don't think losing will have wenger sacked, Stan says he backs and and he will be here for 2 more years. A win would be nice like you says its always good to beat the scum. Though don't mean we will all splaff thinking things will change etc.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:38 PM
I don't really care for saving graces if it's the Spuds we lose to, honestly.

fakeyank
21-02-2012, 08:44 PM

However don't think losing will have wenger sacked, Stan says he backs and and he will be here for 2 more years. A win would be nice like you says its always good to beat the scum. Though don't mean we will all splaff thinking things will change etc.

AW wont be sacked just for losing this.. Our prawn sandwich fans will take a while to get agitated and protest against the board n manager. This will just heat things up a bit more. It will take a few more mauling before AW quits or the fans throw their prawn sandwiches or Kroenke grows a pair and sacks AW.

Lord Nelson
21-02-2012, 08:50 PM

Fighting for the title? Does anyone think the Spuds have a chance?? How depressing even thinking about it!!

LDG
21-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Fighting for the title? Does anyone think the Spuds have a chance?? How depressing even thinking about it!!

They're a good side. Of course the have a chance.

If they win it, fair play.

It'll be like giving a hand out to the poor people down the road.

Then watching as it all falls apart again.

They'll never have our history, and they'll always be our smalltime neighbours.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 09:04 PM

Yes,

Do i think they will win it, no just think both mancs will have too much for them, and UTD know what it takes to go the distance.

You'd have to give spuds credit for what they ahve done this season and the football they have played has been amazing (though it pains me to say) lol

Marc Overmars
21-02-2012, 09:09 PM
No chance Spurs will win it, their challenge is similar to our ones in recent years. They're on the periphery but clearly not strong enough to match the consistency of the top 2.

KSE Comedy Club
21-02-2012, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't like to predict anything as far as spurs are concerned this season.

MO is probably right but knowing our luck they'll go on some amazing run to say goodbye to arry and go and win the fucking league!

Ollie the Optimist
22-02-2012, 12:33 AM
I wouldn't like to predict anything as far as spurs are concerned this season.

MO is probably right but knowing our luck they'll go on some amazing run to say goodbye to arry and go and win the fucking league!

pains me to say it, but i would rather tehy won the league then city, at least they would have earnt it not bought it.

so come on united :puke:

KSE Comedy Club
22-02-2012, 08:58 AM
I agree Ollie.

GP
22-02-2012, 09:18 AM
pains me to say it, but i would rather tehy won the league then city, at least they would have earnt it not bought it.

so come on united :puke:

lolwut?

Syn
22-02-2012, 11:12 AM
The spuds are an independent, well-run club and, in a way - in a very disgusting way - it's nice to see that even today teams without a billionnaire owner and relatively small matchday revenues and resources can climb quite quickly through sensible, self-sufficient means. If they win the league though, I'm going to snap and continue to be the most petulant twat there has ever been. And you don't want to see me when I'm agitated. There will be blood, sweat and tears.

They won't win the league though ovvo. 10 points gap with 12 games to go. More likely they'll finish 4th than 1st.

Joker
22-02-2012, 11:28 AM
The last team I want to win the league are Spurs. IMHO City winning it would be much more bearable.

Marc Overmars
22-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Anything City do is null and void so it's better that they win it.

LDG
22-02-2012, 11:39 AM

Fuck this shit.

I want us to stuff those ****s on Sunday, and then overtake them in the run in.

It's the one thing left we could potentially do, and I want our lot to bust their bollocks trying.

Fuckin spuds. I don't know what the world is coming to.

Syn
22-02-2012, 11:41 AM

It'd kill my connection to football a bit more but top-flight football is shit so that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

What a shit sport.

I'm only here to talk about cric tbf.

There's a man's game.

Marc Overmars
22-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Any sport that encourages players to con officials and clubs to buy their way to success is not really a sport at all.

dazthegooner
22-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I actually think we will win this and this will be when the Spuds crack and start loosing games :)

Syn
22-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Any sport where Delap is paid to spread his illness isn't really a sport. Our collective GW minds can solve football, I reckon. We just need to talk it out. List all the problems that you have with football and lets sort this shit out. It could be like a support group for the terminally wummed. Grab a beer and have a crack tbf.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 12:04 PM
The last team I want to win the league are Spurs. IMHO City winning it would be much more bearable.

I Bet you'd love that

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 12:05 PM
It'd kill my connection to football a bit more but top-flight football is shit so that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

What a shit sport.

I'm only here to talk about cric tbf.

There's a man's game.

Yep Football sucks so much now, give me a season of tennis anyday.

Coney
22-02-2012, 12:22 PM
I actually think we will win this and this will be when the Spuds crack and start loosing games :)

Well, say we do, and since the spud squad know damn well 'arry is leaving at the end of the season to do the England job, it could be the start of a loss of drive in their side. One can but hope.

Fats
22-02-2012, 01:36 PM
I would want to beat them if it meant we went down ffs!!!!

Power n Glory
22-02-2012, 01:58 PM

City get my vote. Spurs winning would really blow holes in AW's excuses.

Dog Toffee
22-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Spurs arent going to win the PL, thats almost a certainty.

Fist of Lehmann
22-02-2012, 05:46 PM
I would want to beat them if it meant we went down ffs!!!!Tbh that'd be one weird fucked up season if winning a game sent us down.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Tbh that'd be one weird fucked up season if winning a game sent us down.

:haha:

Özim
22-02-2012, 08:04 PM
City get my vote. Spurs winning would really blow holes in AW's excuses.
There's already tonnes of holes in his excuses a few more won't make a difference, he'll just fill them with more BS like he usually does.

Coney
22-02-2012, 09:15 PM
A defeat by spuds wouldn't worry the board. Missing out on a European place might.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 09:18 PM
A defeat by spuds wouldn't worry the board. Missing out on a European place might.

LDG
24-02-2012, 10:35 AM
I fuckin 8 spurs.

Come on Arsenal!!! :scarf:

Olivier's xmas twist
24-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Quite excited about this game for some reason COME ON ARSENAL LETS TWAT THESE TWATS.

LDG
24-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Fuckin sp*rs.

Fuck 'em.

Up the Arsenal!!!!!!

GP
24-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I fuckin 8 spurs.

Come on Arsenal!!! :scarf:

i 8 u 2

lol

LDG
24-02-2012, 03:58 PM
i 8 u 2

lol

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001706661/2228474288_tumblr_lcyuywnYml1qdr9hr_xlarge.png

Dog Toffee
24-02-2012, 05:12 PM
No, its ignorant.

Marc Overmars
24-02-2012, 05:46 PM
The wanky Tottenham Hotspur went to see the pope...

LDG
25-02-2012, 03:22 PM
The wanky Tottenham Hotspur went to see the pope... ....and this is what he said...

Ollie the Optimist
25-02-2012, 03:32 PM
....and this is what he said...

FUCK OFF, WHOSE THAT TEAM THEY CALL THE ARSENAL...

Syn
25-02-2012, 03:57 PM
It's Arsenal. And there is no need to be so rude.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2012, 05:09 PM

Fuck this shit.

I want us to stuff those ****s on Sunday, and then overtake them in the run in.

It's the one thing left we could potentially do, and I want our lot to bust their bollocks trying.

Fuckin spuds. I don't know what the world is coming to.

Agreed, there's nothing left in this season except that. Can the team be arsed to even try though? If it comes to the crunch the bookies wouldn't take your money if you bet on us choking. Bookies won't play when the outcome is a sure thing.

LDG
25-02-2012, 06:44 PM
FUCK OFF, WHOSE THAT TEAM THEY CALL THE ARSENAL... Who's that team we all adore!!? We're the boys in red and white and we're fuckin dynamite, and harry redknapp's mother is a......

Ollie the Optimist
25-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Who's that team we all adore!!? We're the boys in red and white and we're fuckin dynamite, and harry redknapp's mother is a......

whoooooooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeee

Letters
25-02-2012, 07:37 PM
From Alan Davies' Tuesday Club podcast:

(to the tune of 'London Bridge Is Falling Down')
'Arry Redknapp's lost his dog, lost his dog, lost his dog.
'Arry Redknapp's lost his dog, now he's bankrupt.

:lol:

hobson's choice
25-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Any sport that encourages players to con officials and clubs to buy their way to success is not really a sport at all. What magical world do you live in where that isn't the norm, let's stop pretending this hasn't always been the way of the world(including sports)

Özil's Panoramic View
25-02-2012, 11:37 PM
what has the premier league come to?

imagine spuds named being mentioned among possible title contenders - if this isn't an indictment on the premiership then........

hobson's choice
26-02-2012, 08:17 AM
what has the premier league come to?

imagine spuds named being mentioned among possible title contenders - if this isn't an indictment on the premiership then........

It's well good and to say that, but it's a sign that they've done a good job, putting a good team together. I know we hate them, but quietly for the past 5/6 seasons, they've built a damn good team, and probably would've beaten for 4th in 05/06 and 06/07 if they had a better manager.

I for one picked them to finish in the top 4 this season, the reality is Spurs are a damn good team, and if they can manage to hold to their betters players, and attract some more quality players. They won't be going anywhere for a while.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-02-2012, 08:28 AM
To be fair the PL is about raising to the challenge something, that as much as I hate those ****s at White Shit Lane, they seem to be doing that under arry.

Building, dismantling and building again are something they have not been afraid to do and although it remains a mystery to me where all their money comes from, they do not have a sugar daddy like the Chavs or Citeh.
Having a manager focussed on the success on the pitch only, one that is willing to take the bull by the horns rather than allow himself to be consumed with indecision is a bonus and now that the Scum are reaping the rewards from and we sit languishing not knowing what the end of the season will look like.
If we had that manager, someone who acted positively ie abd it doesnt have to mean breaking the bank ie Parker, another striker then maybe we too could be mentioned as a contender or at worst cemented a place near the top.
But no, not us. . .we find ourselves stuck in the mire, fighting over scraps. . . .fuck we need to be stronger in every area so I dont think its an indication of anything wrong with the PL more what is wromg with AFC

A good start is to whip those pricks today

Come on Arsenal. . .start looking like, playing likw the team we love