PDA

View Full Version : Better midfield without Ramsey?

gunnerrrrr
26-02-2012, 03:31 PM
He has been super poor, his attitude, silly flicks etc.

Today with Rosicky, Arteta, Song and Benayoun we had experience and quality and our midfield looked the best it has all season, good football, slick and quick.

I am not doubting his ability but he is not ready to run our midfield, this season has proven that big time.

milla
26-02-2012, 03:35 PM
He has been super poor, his attitude, silly flicks etc.

Today with Rosicky, Arteta, Song and Benayoun we had experience and quality and our midfield looked the best it has all season, good football, slick and quick.

I am not doubting his ability but he is not ready to run our midfield, this season has proven that big time.

Always better without Ramsey. He is not a bad player but doesnt fit into our way of play. He is a Gerrard or Lampard, he needs someone to do the work for him (in midfield).

cheesy bites
26-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Song is our defensive midfielder, Arteta is our sitting playmaker, and the last midfield place is for our more advanced attacking midfielder.

Ramsey is being played as the attacker, but he is clearly more suited to Arteta's sitting role. That's why we look so laboured and lethargic when all three play together. Wilshire will hopefully step back in as our attacker in the three.

milla
26-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Song is our defensive midfielder, Arteta is our sitting playmaker, and the last midfield place is for our more advanced attacking midfielder.

Ramsey is being played as the attacker, but he is clearly more suited to Arteta's sitting role. That's why we look so laboured and lethargic when all three play together. Wilshire will hopefully step back in as our attacker in the three.

No way Ramsey is a sitting midfielder, he is nervous as feck when playing the ball from deep. His best performance has always been behind the striker. :coffee:

Power n Glory
26-02-2012, 03:48 PM
He shouldn't be starting in any position. The balance looked right for once.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2012, 03:51 PM
WUMger will probably play Ramsey against Liverpool.

gunsofashburtongrove
26-02-2012, 04:53 PM
He loses the ball in midfield too often. Can look really good one minute and poor the other. He needs to work as Rosicky understudy for some time, and he'll get there

Olivier's xmas twist
26-02-2012, 04:57 PM
He shouldn't be starting in any position. The balance looked right for once.

Take out benny and out in Wishere we'd have an even better midfield

RomfordPele
26-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Take out benny and out in Wishere we'd have an even better midfield

Wilshere would've seen red today I reckon. Benny was 100% the right call by AW anyway (for a change): he was absolutely immense.

So well played Wenger. Now don't fuck it up next week.

BOBN
26-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Always better without Ramsey. He is not a bad player but fit for our way of play. He is a Gerrard or Lampard, he needs someone to do the work for him (in midfield).

At this point in his career hes a bad olayer, hes got alot of improving to do to get anywhere near it.

Always said the blame on gervinho and walcott was largely misplaced. Ramsey was the number 1 reason we werent quite at it going forward and ramsey was the weakest link

Kano
26-02-2012, 05:44 PM
he will develop into a great player but needs some time off, it's been noticeable for some time but injuries have kept him in.

rosicky finally getting a run in the team as a cm instead of out wide is reaping benefits recently and we have enough options wide with benny chipping in like today

Syn
26-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Rosicky (and Coquelin) is out injured now so Ramsey will have to come back in. Ramsey has been overplayed this season; it's not just the physical effects - he usually doesn't struggle to sprint for 95 minutes in any game. But he needs some time off to think about his game and understand what he needs to change. He seems to have the talent and a good attitude but he's still a youngster learning his game.

Globalgunner
26-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Ramsey is simply too slow. Slow of thought, slow of movement. a counterattack is impossible with him in the team as he always lets the opposition get back before he releases the ball. they say he has a great engine but I hardly ever see him track back and he looks tired by the 60th min. He needs to up his game badly. A loan deal would probably be good for him, but as Wales captain, it would be disastrous for his confidence. What to do?

milla
26-02-2012, 07:03 PM
but as Wales captain, it would be disastrous for his confidence. What to do?

The kid is too young to be captain in the first place. OTOH Who give a feck about Wales? :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
26-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Ramsey is simply too slow. Slow of thought, slow of movement. a counterattack is impossible with him in the team as he always lets the opposition get back before he releases the ball. they say he has a great engine but I hardly ever see him track back and he looks tired by the 60th min. He needs to up his game badly. A loan deal would probably be good for him, but as Wales captain, it would be disastrous for his confidence. What to do?

He plays good for Wales but rubbish for us so a loan won't do him to bad if its to swansea or Cardiff or Bolton tbh as along as he plays he will be ok.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-02-2012, 07:13 PM
The kid is too young to be captain in the first place. OTOH Who give a feck about Wales? :coffee:

The Fishes

milla
26-02-2012, 07:15 PM
The Fishes

Fishist. :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
26-02-2012, 07:19 PM
The Fishes

Wales are quite popular at 2:30 am on a Saturday night.

gunnerrrrr
31-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Sorry i had to bump this thread...the boy is awful at the moment

milla
31-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Sorry i had to bump this thread...the boy is awful at the moment

Awful is a kind word to describe Ramsey's performance, utter shite is more like it. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
31-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Awful is a kind word to describe Ramsey's performance, utter shite is more like it. :coffee:

:haha:

You want to defend him, because he is a young lad. He really needs to improve tbh, because he has been woeful this season. his passing game seems to have got worse and worse. Should never have started the game Wumger :doh:

hobson's choice
31-03-2012, 04:21 PM
He sucks, and he's sucked all season.

milla
31-03-2012, 04:31 PM
:haha:

You want to defend him, because he is a young lad. He really needs to improve tbh, because he has been woeful this season. his passing game seems to have got worse and worse. Should never have started the game Wumger :doh:

I dont know what he is trying to do, save Arsenal's season or save Ramsey's football career? Whenever Ramsey gets the ball, he will either give it away or drag it closer to our goal. Worst than having Bendtner on wing FFS :banghead:

selassie
31-03-2012, 09:29 PM
I hate it when Arsene puts his "pet projects" on the wing to give them game time, he did it with Denilson, Diaby & now Ramsey. For me Ramsey needs to be kept out the first team until the end of the season and worked on in the summer. I think if we pursue or interest in M'Vila then Ramsey is going to have a very hard time getting minutes next season, especially when you consider that Jack is due back.

There is no denying Ramsey's talent but bar a few games this season he has been absolutely awful and has no business being anywhere near the starting line up at the moment.

Niall_Quinn
31-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Yes, better without him. We had a decent eleven. We should go back to that.

bignev
02-04-2012, 12:55 PM
I hate it when Arsene puts his "pet projects" on the wing to give them game time, he did it with Denilson, Diaby & now Ramsey. For me Ramsey needs to be kept out the first team until the end of the season and worked on in the summer. I think if we pursue or interest in M'Vila then Ramsey is going to have a very hard time getting minutes next season, especially when you consider that Jack is due back.

There is no denying Ramsey's talent but bar a few games this season he has been absolutely awful and has no business being anywhere near the starting line up at the moment.

Nail Hit on Head

Grebbo
02-04-2012, 02:11 PM
We should be playing the team that beat the Spuds in every single game.

Why the fuck would you change it?