PDA

View Full Version : Show us how positive or negative you are

Alpha
05-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I have a feeling Arsenal will overturn the 4-0 deficit and qualify . I'm quite optimistic . If miracle happen , then it will happen tomorrow . Nothing is impossible . To get something you must first believe you will get it . Comme on gunners . You done it against Spurs . You done it against Liverpool . You can do it again .

Marc Overmars
05-03-2012, 06:39 PM
It's not negative to think we won't overturn a 4-0 deficit to the Italian champions.

Munchies
05-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Hopefully a red card appears for them, which will give us some hope.

However I do think that we should leave Theo on the bench, let him come on in the last 30 minutes or so, as he can snatch a couple of goals. If we're winning at half time by atleast 2-0 , we have a chance. Vital we don't concede however, but that is unlikely.

Alpha
05-03-2012, 06:51 PM
It's not negative to think we won't overturn a 4-0 deficit to the Italian champions.
Sure it is not negative but giving up before the last whistle is blown is not positive either . we were beaten not because Milan was great but because we didin't turn up . Now , we have a chance to show what we can do when the odds are against us .

Marc Overmars
05-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Sure it is not negative but giving up before the last whistle is blown is not positive either . we were beaten not because Milan was great but because we didin't turn up . Now , we have a chance to show what we can do when the odds are against us .

Yeah, a blessing in disguise you could say.

GP
05-03-2012, 07:01 PM
There's no chance we're winning the tie.

I'd be surprised if we even won the match.

Alpha
05-03-2012, 07:05 PM
There's no chance we're winning the tie.

I'd be surprised if we even won the match.
We will win the game without doubt . The big question is to score more than they did . I don't rate the current AC Milan as the mighty Milan of 7 years ago . They are just a shadow of a tiger . We will beat them .

Marc Overmars
05-03-2012, 07:40 PM
We will win the game without doubt . The big question is to score more than they did . I don't rate the current AC Milan as the mighty Milan of 7 years ago . They are just a shadow of a tiger . We will beat them .

I'm pretty sure they don't rate us as the mighty Arsenal of 7 years ago either.

Syn
05-03-2012, 07:47 PM
I thought we had no chance of winning but I was near certain we would beat them on the night. The Emirates is by no means a fortress but we end up taking these European teams quite easily when they go out of their comfort zone. I thought - realistically - 3-1 win; keep the winning momentum going and lets violate Pardew's bunch of overachieving chancers on the weekend. 0% chance of winning the tie, 90% chance of winning on the night.

However, after reading about Wenger's pre-match conference today, it turns out we have no central midfield and so we are forced to play about 4 attackers. What's more is that Wenger seems unusually bitter about this and after the wins against Tottenham and Liverpool, the pressure has eased somewhat. i.e. people won't boo at the final whistle even if we do lose. So he wants to give it a go and our players will play without pressure. One of those players is Robin Van Persie. Oxlade Chamberlain will have full licence to play his greedy little pot-shot game. If we are leading 1-0 at half time, and then grab an early goal in the second half - they'll be bricking it, as every European team to come to our gaff in the knock-outs has done in recent years. Even Barcelona. We make that physical advantage in the second half count. But just getting to half-time 1-0 up is a lot to ask without a central midfield. An early slip by Djourou, they grab a goal and its game over before it started. So now I'm thinking: 1% chance of winning the tie, 50% chance of winning on the night.

I'm glad Wenger is playing his available best team though. It is a matter of principle. These players fucked up in Milan and they deserve to go through the humiliating ordeal of running around for a lost cause for 80 minutes when Milan do get their early goal.

AKBapologist
05-03-2012, 07:51 PM
The second best case scenario is that we bow out gracefully, 3-1 or 4-1, with RVP taken off without any injury, allowing us to focus on finishing above spurs.

...The best case scenario is that we beat Milan 5-4 and go on to win the champions league.

There's optimistic, and there's *optimistic*

Marc Overmars
05-03-2012, 07:57 PM
We need to be 2-0 up by 65-70 mins at least I would say, If we are then by all means go mental and hope for the best.

The problem is going to be getting that lead with how stubborn they're likely to be at the back.

Quite looking forward to the match in a weird way with there being no pressure or expectation.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Well it can be done, Depotivo did it when they were 0-4 down vs Milan in 2004. This could be another 1 of those European Brilliant nights. IMO we will win but can't see us going through.

Ill just enjoy the game and hope for the best.

Cripps_orig
05-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Well it can be done, Depotivo did it when they were 0-4 down vs Milan in 2004. This could be another 1 of those European Brilliant nights. IMO we will win but can't see us going through.

Ill just enjoy the game and hope for the best.It was 4-1

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-03-2012, 08:06 PM

Ill just enjoy the game and hope for the best.
Has it been moved to Anfield? :scarf:

:rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-03-2012, 08:11 PM
2-2 I reckon.

Alpha
05-03-2012, 08:12 PM
The good thing is we have nothing to lose . No pressure at all . people expect us to go out . We will play being relax . Trying to perform a miracle . but Milan will be under pressure to protect their lead and not suffer the Arsenal come back . The key to this game will be the pace of gervinho , Theo and Ox , the quality of Van Persie and a good game from Sczesney . we can get that . We will win the game and make Milan look ordinary like Man exposed Roma .

Olivier's xmas twist
05-03-2012, 08:16 PM
It was 4-1

Ok but they still beat them 4-0 at home.

Coney
05-03-2012, 08:21 PM
The good thing is we have nothing to lose . No pressure at all . people expect us to go out . We will play being relax . Trying to perform a miracle . but Milan will be under pressure to protect their lead and not suffer the Arsenal come back . The key to this game will be the pace of gervinho , Theo and Ox , the quality of Van Persie and a good game from Sczesney . we can get that . We will win the game and make Milan look ordinary like Man exposed Roma .

Oh fuck. :(

Dennis Bendtner
05-03-2012, 08:46 PM
We're going to lose on penalties.

:pal:

Marc Overmars
05-03-2012, 08:49 PM
We're going to lose on penalties.

:pal:

WUMger. :bow:

Cripps_orig
05-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Defend well and we'll go through

Niall_Quinn
05-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Let's just beat the shit out of them with planks of wood.

Alpha
05-03-2012, 08:58 PM
when a team has the advantage that Milan have and the other team concede defeat then it is easy . But if they seem not to give up , it is scary . All is done to Psychology . Milan will be nervous tomorrow .They are scared of a wounded Arsenal . If RVP get proper passes from his team mates which I believe he will as we are at home . Then anything is possible . I will not give up till the last minute .

Alpha
05-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Arsenal fans are so different from other teams's fans . when their team is ready to give it a go fans look shy and concede defeat . I wonder how they back the team convincingly . Arsenal need all the fans behind them to perform a miracle . Comme on Arsenal .

Letters
05-03-2012, 09:44 PM
We're not going through. It's not negative, it's just being realistic.
Get an early goal and it'll give us a lift. Get another and it could get interesting but it's all but over.
IMO Wenger should rest RvP and a few others, give some fringe players a bit of experience.

Master Splinter
05-03-2012, 09:46 PM
IMO Wenger should rest RvP and a few others, give some fringe players a bit of experience.

The fringe players are injured too.

Letters
05-03-2012, 09:47 PM
The fringe players are injured too.

All of them?

Master Splinter
05-03-2012, 09:59 PM
All of them?

We have 10 players out and Gibbs and Rosicky are 50/50.

So yes.

Letters
05-03-2012, 10:02 PM
We have 10 players out and Gibbs and Rosicky are 50/50.

So yes.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

:lol:

:doh:

We. Are. Toppa the league!
4 players clear :bow:

Syn
05-03-2012, 10:09 PM

I understand that viewpoint. I was saying the same thing initially. But it's a bit mental, isn't it?

We rest our best players because we're desperately trying to qualify for this competition we're giving up in.

It wouldn't exactly be Cool Runnings but I reckon the players who got us into this mess (those that are available) should have to play out of principle. And to be fair, that's exactly what Wenger and the club have been saying.

Marc Overmars
05-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Arsenal fans are so different from other teams's fans . when their team is ready to give it a go fans look shy and concede defeat . I wonder how they back the team convincingly . Arsenal need all the fans behind them to perform a miracle . Comme on Arsenal .

If another team was 4-0 down you'd have exactly the same 'meh' type reactions from their fans. It's not about being optimistic, negative or whatever. It's just bloody realistic to think we probably won't be able to overhaul the biggest deficit in CL history. We will all be cheering the team on tomorrow so enough of this rallying shite please.

Letters
05-03-2012, 10:29 PM
I understand that viewpoint. I was saying the same thing initially. But it's a bit mental, isn't it?

We rest our best players because we're desperately trying to qualify for this competition we're giving up in.

It wouldn't exactly be Cool Runnings but I reckon the players who got us into this mess (those that are available) should have to play out of principle. And to be fair, that's exactly what Wenger and the club have been saying.

A fit RvP is the only chance we have of finishing top 4, I'm just scared he'll get injured in a game which we've got little or no realistic chance of doing what we need to do to go through. That said, to have any chance at all we'll need him out there and I guess if you think a win on the night is important to keep some momentum going then him playing is the best chance of that, and we have till next Monday before the next game.

You can argue this one either way tbh.

Ollie the Optimist
05-03-2012, 10:35 PM
just want to clarify i only have this account on gw :good:

Dennis Bendtner
05-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Van Persie will do his hamstring in a 3-0 win.

milla
05-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Van Persie will do his hamstring in a 3-0 win.

feck off :coffee:

fakeyank
05-03-2012, 11:00 PM
just want to clarify i only have this account on gw :good:

:lol:

What happens if we got another hiding trying to attack? I think people are getting way OTT thinking we have a 50-90% chance of winning when we did f all in the first leg. I see this being a shit 1-1 draw but definitely not going through.

Niall_Quinn
05-03-2012, 11:12 PM
If we play the same way we did against the spuds in the second half then we'll slaughter what is a very average Milan side. Whether we can keep the goals out at the other end is another matter. But if we do our tippy-tappy, snail pace thing then we'll be lucky to get a draw. We have to play an English game. Relentless pace for 90 minutes even if it's not pretty. Or go the whole hog and kick the shit out of them, racially abuse them and then become the new England captain.

I believe Wenger will trust the players and trust in our game, he'll stay patient and keep plugging away right up until the final whistle. I wonder who Milan will get in the next round?

KSE Comedy Club
06-03-2012, 12:45 AM
Fuck it, I'm going for a 5-0 win to us in a true CL special night miracle, then onto the next round and a 3rd place finish in the league! :scarf:

I've been seriously down about football for too fucking long, and the last couple of games have lit the fires of passion once more!!

As a great man once said: JUST BRING IT!

Ernesto
06-03-2012, 07:40 AM
I do think that we'll win the game by a comfortable margin, but not by enough to progress to the quarter finals.

We'll have home advantage, and their cockiest, most arrogant players (the Ibrahimovic's, Robinho's and Kevin Prince Boateng's of this world) really won't be at ease on a chilly away night in North London.

It's a crying shame that we capitulated in the second half at the San Siro when the players out, at least, should have kept a tight ship.

All in all, 3-1 to Arsenal on the night.

Dog Toffee
06-03-2012, 09:42 AM
If Milan scored 4, I dont see why we cant, we score 4 at home all the time (12 in last 2), ok not very often against the likes of Milan, but if Van Persie is hot and finishes all his chances it could happen.

Kano
06-03-2012, 10:06 AM
I have a feeling Arsenal will overturn the 4-0 deficit and qualify . I'm quite optimistic . If miracle happen , then it will happen tomorrow . Nothing is impossible . To get something you must first believe you will get it . Comme on gunners . You done it against Spurs . You done it against Liverpool . You can do it again .

being 4-0 down against a good team and not believing we can overturn it does not make you negative at all.

funny thing is, we might even do it.

when the odds are stacked against us, we usually turn up. Which is the easiest kind of mental strength, rather than leading from the front and not being scared to look behind us.

If we have something to chase then it’s game on but that’s not a mental trait that will bring us success.

Alpha
06-03-2012, 10:45 AM
If another team was 4-0 down you'd have exactly the same 'meh' type reactions from their fans. It's not about being optimistic, negative or whatever. It's just bloody realistic to think we probably won't be able to overhaul the biggest deficit in CL history. We will all be cheering the team on tomorrow so enough of this rallying shite please.
Marc Overmars ,I'm happy you used ''probably'' in your quote . Probably means no sure . Realistically we are not sure if we will go through or not even though Milan have more chance than us with a 4-0 lead . But , what would be silly is to just give up and hand Milan an easy qualification . If smaller teams than us show confidence and positive attitude when facing big teams untill they are really beaten why can't we have the same attitude ? When Newcastle beat Man U 3-0 last time and it should have been more if the referee was fair ( he wanted Man U to win ) no one gave Newcastle a chance but the result was shocking .

Alpha
06-03-2012, 10:51 AM
being 4-0 down against a good team and not believing we can overturn it does not make you negative at all.

funny thing is, we might even do it.

when the odds are stacked against us, we usually turn up. Which is the easiest kind of mental strength, rather than leading from the front and not being scared to look behind us.

If we have something to chase then it’s game on but that’s not a mental trait that will bring us success.

In any challenge you face in your life there is a shadow of doubt . If you believe in your doubt and think that is the realistic thing at the moment then you will not make it .But if you believe you can prouve your ''doubt'' wrong that's how miracle happen . Believe and act even when no one give you a chance that makes the impossible possible .

Kano
06-03-2012, 10:53 AM
you will always believe in your own doubt, the key is how you manage that against your optimism.

Alpha
06-03-2012, 11:04 AM
you will always believe in your own doubt, the key is how you manage that against your optimism.
That is debatable mate . Pessimistic people are more likely to believe in their doubt than optimistic ones . Doubts always tell you you '' can't '' , '' won't '' , '' what the point...'' A positive person challenges his own doubt .

Kano
06-03-2012, 11:23 AM
That is debatable mate . Pessimistic people are more likely to believe in their doubt than optimistic ones . Doubts always tell you you '' can't '' , '' won't '' , '' what the point...'' A positive person challenges his own doubt .

exactly, you question it, you challenge it, thus manage it. it never disappears. even the top sportsmen have doubt and worries to overcome at different times. that's how sportsmen have their natural dips in form across the season.

anyway the point is, it's not negative NOT to believe as a FAN tonight.

however:

"When you are a top-level competitor, even if statistically we have a 5% chance, what is important is that we believe that we can be in this 5%. That is what is at stake for us. Let's make sure that we do not miss out because we did not believe in it."

remains true for them out on the pitch.

Alpha
06-03-2012, 11:51 AM
exactly, you question it, you challenge it, thus manage it. it never disappears. even the top sportsmen have doubt and worries to overcome at different times. that's how sportsmen have their natural dips in form across the season.

anyway the point is, it's not negative NOT to believe as a FAN tonight.

however:

"When you are a top-level competitor, even if statistically we have a 5% chance, what is important is that we believe that we can be in this 5%. That is what is at stake for us. Let's make sure that we do not miss out because we did not believe in it."

remains true for them out on the pitch.
That 's true . there may be doubt but never let doubt rule your life . It can hinder your achievement .

LDG
06-03-2012, 11:54 AM
6-1. Chesney with a diving header in injury time.

GP
06-03-2012, 11:58 AM
5-1

Kos with a 30 yard OG in injury time.

Coney
06-03-2012, 01:02 PM
We only have to be 4-0 up at FT, not 5. We can score more in ET or beat them on pelanties. Piece of piss really.

Alpha
06-03-2012, 01:11 PM
All players are up to the game . There seem to be no pressure as the general opinion expect them to go out . They will play their game at ease . Pressure is a killer . So AC Milan beware Arsenal is coming your way with RVP , Gervinho , Walcott and Ox . Show us how your granddads can respond to speed . But be warned that speed kills .

Marc Overmars
06-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Cringe.

Dog Toffee
06-03-2012, 01:37 PM
:haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
06-03-2012, 02:12 PM
I always say I think we will win and There is no reason why we cant win and by the same score line this time around but. . . .

We are going to have to play out of our boots, none of the crap passing we saw for most of the game against :pool but by doing so we are going to leave ourselves massively exposed at the back. . .

Its a long shot and sadly I will be tucked up in bed for this one. . .come on Arsenal

Joker
06-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Cringe.

:haha:

We have no chance tbh.

Fist of Lehmann
06-03-2012, 02:15 PM
All players are up to the game . There seem to be no pressure as the general opinion expect them to go out . They will play their game at ease . Pressure is a killer . So AC Milan beware Arsenal is coming your way with RVP , Gervinho , Walcott and Ox . Show us how your granddads can respond to speed . But be warned that speed kills .:goodpost: Kill your speed, not your granddad.

:good:

Japan Shaking All Over
06-03-2012, 03:06 PM
All players are up to the game . There seem to be no pressure as the general opinion expect them to go out . They will play their game at ease . Pressure is a killer . So AC Milan beware Arsenal is coming your way with RVP , Gervinho , Walcott and Ox . Show us how your granddads can respond to speed . But be warned that speed kills .

Alpha must never be allowed into MOC

Syn
06-03-2012, 04:04 PM
A lot of positive noises from the club - and we know what that usually leads to but FFS they've done it again because I believe we have a chance. It's 1% but it's a chance. Which means it'll still be painful when a Vermaelen slip allows Milan to score an early goal and kill that 1% chance. FML. Come on the Arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-03-2012, 04:08 PM
A lot of positive noises from the club - and we know what that usually leads to but FFS they've done it again because I believe we have a chance. It's 1% but it's a chance. Which means it'll still be painful when a Vermaelen slip allows Milan to score an early goal and kill that 1% chance. FML. Come on the Arsenal.

Thats it we have a chance its whether we take that chance and make the best of it.

Marc Overmars
06-03-2012, 04:11 PM
I will splaff my pants if we win.

Kano
06-03-2012, 04:18 PM

we are winning tonight, either 2 or 3-1 but there is no way on earth we will keep a clean sheet. our customary goal has to be conceded at some point but the most important thing is that we get some self respect back after the first leg and reduce the deficit.

Syn
06-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Thats it we have a chance its whether we take that chance and make the best of it.

We could do everything right and still not take that chance. It's pretty much non-existent. But it is existent. You see Charles, "we want to make the impossible possible. That is basically our target".

I genuinely wish we were playing some Nazi pub teams on Thursday nights on Ch5 right now. It would be more interesting than praying for Van Persie to score 9 wondergoals because our defence can't keep their legs shut.

Syn
06-03-2012, 04:20 PM
we are winning tonight, either 2 or 3-1 but there is no way on earth we will keep a clean sheet. our customary goal has to be conceded at some point but the most important thing is that we get some self respect back after the first leg and reduce the deficit.

Yeah, I'd happily take that tbh.

Dennis Bendtner
06-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Remember the gay build-up to the Man Utd second leg. Back down to earth with a Gibbs slip. Hopefully we put up a good show and score a couple of goals. End of the day, we do have positive vibes from our last couple of results. Keeping them alive for Newcastle is important.

2-0 up after 75?

Park and Chamakh. :lol:

Vermaelen_up_front.

Letters
06-03-2012, 04:40 PM
The ManYoo game was a damp squib but only because we did (or should have had) a decent chance that night.
Tonight we've got no realistic chance so let's just hope for a good result on the night to keep some momentum.
If we get to half time and it's, say, 2-0 to us then it could get interesting.

GP
06-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Thing is one, we need to win by 5 clear goals, against a team that dicked all over us.

No chance to progress, just restore a bit of pride.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Thing is one, we need to win by 5 clear goals, against a team that dicked all over us.

Yep if we lost 4-3 on agg id be happy tbh.

Even Durham says he will do a forfeit if we go through lol.

KSE Comedy Club
06-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Your nothin but a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here!

Horse placenta makes RVP a goal scoring sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me ##

(I don't know, I was watching predator this morning :shrug:)

fakeyank
06-03-2012, 06:52 PM

Yeeaaah Jesus.. show them pessimists how to be real fans! :oldboy:

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2012, 06:52 PM

Beating them 4-0 and taking them on penalties will do it. The real target is to keep a clean sheet. Fail to do that and we're fucked. It's almost good enough we can talk about the team as having the slightest glimmer of hope or being capable of restoring some pride. A couple of weeks back I would have been hiding under the sofa and praying it didn't get too embarrassing.

Head says 2-1 win, heart says 3-1 win. Don't think we'll go through and I hope I'm 100% wrong.

Ernesto
06-03-2012, 07:07 PM

We ain't got time to bleed....

Alan B'stard
07-03-2012, 08:26 PM
We ain't got time to bleed....
what the hell are you?

Ernesto
07-03-2012, 08:55 PM
what the hell are you?

Voodoo magic, man.

F***in voodoo magic, man!