PDA

View Full Version : Rosicky signs new deal

Marc Overmars
12-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Arsenal Football Club is delighted to confirm that Tomas Rosicky (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/tomas-rosicky) has signed a new contract with the Club.

The Czech Republic captain has committed his future to Arsenal, during a time when he is enjoying a great run of form, which has seen him score twice in the last three games, against Tottenham Hotspur and AC Milan.

Rosicky joined Arsenal in May 2006 from Borussia Dortmund and has featured 156 times for Arsène Wenger’s side since then, scoring 19 goals. In his 28 appearances so far this season, Rosicky has been a key fixture in the heart of the Gunners’ midfield.

On the international stage, the 31 year-old has played 85 times for the Czech Republic, representing his country at the European Championships in 2000 and 2004. He also featured in the 2006 World Cup, taking over the captain’s armband the same year.

Commenting on his new deal, Tomas said: “It's a great honour to sign a new deal with Arsenal, I love the Club and am proud to wear the Arsenal shirt. It's felt like home since I arrived six years ago and I couldn't be happier to commit my future to the team.

"The manager, my team-mates, the staff and the supporters - everyone plays their part in making this a great Club, and I feel privileged to be a part of it. I believe we have a really talented group of players and, together with the manager, the future looks bright. It's always been my goal to win trophies here at Arsenal, and I will fight hard to achieve my dreams here."

Manager Arsène Wenger added: “I’ve always been a big admirer of Tomas’ abilities and am delighted he’s chosen to commit his future to the Club. I believe he is an exceptional player, a natural footballer who is technically top class.

"He plays the style of football we champion here and shares completely our philosophy. He is always ready to work for the sake of the Club, always willing to put the team first. I have huge respect for him.”

Everyone at the Club looks forward to Tomas’ continued contribution in the coming seasons.

Played very well this year, arguably his best season for us. About frickin' time too.

Super Tom. :bow:

Cripps_orig
12-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Always been a fan

How long is the contract?

I assume its a year seeing as hes over 30 and Wengers a tard

Syn
12-03-2012, 11:49 AM
He has been good ever since he started shooting on the pitch instead of shooting up off it. This guy has serious ability and needs to score way more than he is.

Marc Overmars
12-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Biggest improvement is that he's now starting to construct play a lot better, he turns defence into attack very quickly.

End product to go with the previously pointless turns and bursts of pace. Diaby has that mantle to himself now.

Kano
12-03-2012, 12:08 PM
play him in his proper position and this is what we get

stick him out wide again and this will just be another huge waste of money

Joker
12-03-2012, 12:09 PM
That injury against Newcastle back in January 2008 has really wrecked his career with us, but it's good to see him return to something like his best. Deserves the contract tbh.

KSE Comedy Club
12-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Always been a fan

I assume its a year seeing as hes over 30 and Wengers a tardI think it's a 2 year deal.

fakeyank
12-03-2012, 12:51 PM
I think we should have waited till the end of the season before giving him a new deal. He has barely played for us and even though his recent form has been tremendous, I just think we shouldve waited till the end of season. We have wasted a lot of time and effort on crocs like him, Diaby, Aliadiere with very little in return!

Dog Toffee
12-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Excellent news for Arsenal, bad news for Ramsey.

Coney
12-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Always been a fan

I think it's a 2 year deal.

:lol:

Coney
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Excellent news for Arsenal, bad news for Ramsey.

Yes - imagine having to fight for your place.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Always been a fan

Whats a tard?

Good news this tbh, don't mind if he becomes a squad player in rotation tbh. Lets hope now he has his deal he don't go back to the Rosicky we know and hate.

GP
12-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Whats a tard?

Like a tardis. Bigger on the inside. It basically means he's really smart.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Like a tardis. Bigger on the inside. It basically means he's really smart.

So Basically his wife is the Doctor

Mrs Wenger :bow:

Syn
12-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I think we should have waited till the end of the season before giving him a new deal. He has barely played for us and even though his recent form has been tremendous, I just think we shouldve waited till the end of season. We have wasted a lot of time and effort on crocs like him, Diaby, Aliadiere with very little in return! I agree - we should have waited until the end of the season. Rosicky has nowhere to go. Nobody is going to take a risk by signing Rosicky up on a high paying contract. So we should have told him to see if he can keep playing like he has against tottenham and Milan until the end of the season. If he does, reward him. If he doesn't or if he gets injured, get him off the books. I'm sure this contract wouldn't have been cheap. And I say this as a big fan of rosicky - I think he's class but he owes us more than a few great performances. I think he'll shine though.

dazthegooner
12-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah let him go on a free transfer remember we have Denilson back nect season will be like a new signing :rolleyes:

Alpha
12-03-2012, 05:02 PM
With so many young talents in the team such as Coquelin , Chamberlain , Wilshere ..etc... it was vital to keep some old heads with experience to nurse them . Rosicky knows and loves the team . He was just unfortunate with his injuries but he is top class . We made mistakes in the past releasing our big boys too soon and we payed the price but learned from it . It is fantastic news for Arsenal . RVP will be next .

Master Splinter
12-03-2012, 05:08 PM
I think we should have waited till the end of the season before giving him a new deal. He has barely played for us and even though his recent form has been tremendous, I just think we shouldve waited till the end of season. We have wasted a lot of time and effort on crocs like him, Diaby, Aliadiere with very little in return!

I think we should sign Hargreaves. Do you agree?

Fist of Lehmann
12-03-2012, 06:02 PM
2 year contract for a 31 yr old?

Only this season Wenger was talking about it being better to let someone go 1 year too early than 1 year too late. I wonder if this signals a policy change or whether it's on a case by case basis.

The latter makes much more sense to me. It goes against the sort of blanket Moneyballish way in which we have handled +30s before (depreciation of sell-on value, declining performances for similar wage), but maybe we have undervalued...oh other crap like experience and whatever.

fakeyank
12-03-2012, 07:04 PM
I think we should sign Hargreaves. Do you agree?

On a pay as you play deal, absolutely shouldve taken the gamble. I am sure Rosicky's new deal is not a pay as you play deal

fakeyank
12-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah let him go on a free transfer remember we have Denilson back nect season will be like a new signing :rolleyes:

We also have Alex Song who can play there :ninja:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-03-2012, 07:39 PM
On a pay as you play deal, absolutely shouldve taken the gamble. I am sure Rosicky's new deal is not a pay as you play deal

Nah its fine its not like he will be a starter tbh more in squad rotation, he has exprience which we need in the dressing room.

Özim
12-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Good player, he'll probably get injured in the next match tho and play a handful of matches in the next two years as he tries to regain his fitness countless times.

Asthmatic Kitty
12-03-2012, 10:05 PM
MOTM against newcastle imo, hope he keeps up this form until the end of the season.

song - rosicky - wilshere midfield next season would be pretty sekseh

selassie
12-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Good news, he's had a good season, lately he's been superb. Keep it up Tommy

Marc Overmars
12-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Don't know what this guy has been smoking lately, but I want some of it as well.

Super Tom. :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Where has this Rosicky come from.

milla
12-03-2012, 10:36 PM
MOTM against newcastle imo, hope he keeps up this form until the end of the season.

That through pass to Theo for the first goal was perfect, took 4 Newcastle players out of play. :coffee:

Master Splinter
12-03-2012, 10:45 PM
That pass to Theo :bow:.

Alswome.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-03-2012, 10:48 PM

Add Gotze to that and id be happy with the midfield tbh.

Master Splinter
12-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Add Gotze to that and id be happy with the midfield tbh.

Do not forget we have also Eastmond who can play there. Do. Not. Forget.

server too busy!
13-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Not only has he got a great turn of pace, he can pass and most surprisingly he is greatat getting a tackle in. Won countless yesterday and made sure we kept the pressure on.

fakeyank
20-06-2012, 09:31 PM
He looks to have inflamed his Achilles. So he is out for next season pretty much.. :rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2012, 09:51 PM
That's ok, it'll stop him ageing apparently.

Letters
20-06-2012, 10:41 PM
He looks to have inflamed his Achilles. So he is out for next season pretty much.. :rose:
But the season after he'll be like a new signing

:dance: