PDA

View Full Version : The Arsenal squad for next season

Flavs
19-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Hmm interesting this as we seem a little light, which would mean us either keeping some of the stiffs, replacing them with kids or actually buying players :faint:

GK - szhcdjhnu9eh, Fabianski, Martinez

Def - Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Djorou, Sagna, Jenkinson, Dos Santos, Gibbs

Midfield - Arteta, Wilshere, Diaby, Ramsey.Rosicky, Coquelin, Frimpong, The Ox, Lansbury, Miyachi

Forwards - RvP, Podolski, Walcott, Gervinho, Campbell (WP)

There is also Kyle bartley and Miguel for the defence, Yennaris and Henderson for the midfield and Afobe for the strikers and thats not taking into account all the random south americans we have out on loan, Pedro, Wellington, Galindo etc etc.

This is assuming we get rid of Bendtner, Vela, Denilson, Squillachi, Ju, Chamakh, Almunia, Mannone and benatyoun returns to Chavski

So...where are the gaps, do we need to improve/replace any of the positions, do you really think we are signing Podolski?

Globalgunner
19-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Dunno what djorou is doing in your squad. an absolute disaster of a player. Vertonghen to replace him pls. I would love it if we could get Swansea to take Ramsey on loan for next season as he needs to improve as a player, something he will not do with us. Swansea play the type of footie that he needs to be adding to his game but given his Cardiff roots that may be a problem.
Diaby is a conondrum.....I know there is a great player somewhere in there but is he jinxed?. However given what we have seen from RVP this year....who knows.

Flavs
23-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Dunno what djorou is doing in your squad. an absolute disaster of a player. Vertonghen to replace him pls.

Because this is the really real world?

LDG
23-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Hmm interesting this as we seem a little light, which would mean us either keeping some of the stiffs, replacing them with kids or actually buying players :faint:

GK - szhcdjhnu9eh, Fabianski, Martinez

Def - Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Djorou, Sagna, Jenkinson, Dos Santos, Gibbs

Midfield - Arteta, Wilshere, Diaby, Ramsey.Rosicky, Coquelin, Frimpong, The Ox, Lansbury, Miyachi

Forwards - RvP, Podolski, Walcott, Gervinho, Campbell (WP)

There is also Kyle bartley and Miguel for the defence, Yennaris and Henderson for the midfield and Afobe for the strikers and thats not taking into account all the random south americans we have out on loan, Pedro, Wellington, Galindo etc etc.

This is assuming we get rid of Bendtner, Vela, Denilson, Squillachi, Ju, Chamakh, Almunia, Mannone and benatyoun returns to Chavski

So...where are the gaps, do we need to improve/replace any of the positions, do you really think we are signing Podolski?

Hmmm. This is interesting.

All in all, I think this summer needs to be a ruthless one.

Yes, I think we need to be moving on the deadwood, and we need to be strengthening. I think we can actually do it without spending to much either.

Assuming RVP stays, and we buy podolski, the only areas of concern for me are midfield and defence.

Midfield: We do seem chocked full, and my money would be on Lansbury moving on, and perhaps one of Ping Pong or Le Coq or Diaby. A lot depends on whether Diaby can string some games together at the end of this season, whether Coq is content to stick it out as cover, and whether ping Pong is truly the player we need (he hasn't had any kind of consistent run, and he needs more experience to go with the boyish enthusiasm).

This is where we need to supliment it. And I would prefer us to buy a box to box midfielder. Someone who can pick out a pass, but someone who has the legs to churn out performance after performance. Not sure I want us to go after a tricky type, like Goetze (sp). I had enough of that with Fabregas and Nasri. I want us to be about pace and power, and getting the ball moving quickly, out wide, and more directly, as well as pressuring the game when we haven't got the ball.

Defence: at CB, I think we have three very good options in Merts, Kos and Verms. They can all do a job, and I think it's only having a consistent back line that will help long term. Short term is where we have the problem, when injuries occur. And I don't believe Djourou or Squilacci can be relied upon. We'll likely have to make do with one of them as last resort back up, along with Miguel. So in theory, we need to relace Squid (ideally) with another top draw CB. Vertongen (sp) would seem the ideal candidate....he's integrate very quickly in that back line.

At fullback, I'm pretty happy. If Gibbsy can stay fit, and produce the kind of performance we saw sgainst Everton, he'll go far. And Santos looks to be a good back up, with Verms who can drop in there is desperate. Sagna is a class apart right now, and for me the best RB in the league. I like Jenko, and so unless we have the hgorrendous luck of losing all our fullbacks for 2 months again, we're alright there.

Finally. We need a pedigree signing. Someone to bring us that "game winning out of nothing" card. Because to win trophies, you need those types of players. We need to find our own magic man. Maybe it's The Ox, but it may be too soon for him. However, someone with fuck-off pace would be great. It's a luxury, maybe, and AW may deem it detrimental to thr progress of Miyachi and AOC...so I'm not so sure we'll see it.

All in all, from a squad point of view. The least we should expect, is to get rid of the shit, sign Podolski, sign Vertongen and settle the midfield down, with a player who can be relied on.

Flavs
23-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Lansbury signed a new contract in the summer so it wont be him, its more likely that Frimpong will go out on loan. In terms of the box to box i agree, Diaby cant do that now even when fully fit apparently Grimandi has been seen scouting the Moose again and Benjamin Corgnet has been linked over and over so we could be going that way. Personally the Moose is ideal for me, big, strong, fast, endless stamina and kicks fuck out of people when needed.

If we get Podolski and clear out the shit i will be happy, anything above and beyond will be ace

LDG
23-03-2012, 12:41 PM
BTW, I wouldn't be averse to losing Theo for some dollar. :ninja:

Flavs
23-03-2012, 12:43 PM
BTW, I wouldn't be averse to losing Theo for some dollar. :ninja:

No me either, 1 good game every 15 just isn't good enough

Syn
23-03-2012, 12:47 PM
This is where we need to supliment it. And I would prefer us to buy a box to box midfielder. Someone who can pick out a pass, but someone who has the legs to churn out performance after performance. Not sure I want us to go after a tricky type, like Goetze (sp). I had enough of that with Fabregas and Nasri. I want us to be about pace and power, and getting the ball moving quickly, out wide, and more directly, as well as pressuring the game when we haven't got the ball.

Yes.

...and

All in all, from a squad point of view. The least we should expect, is to get rid of the shit, sign Podolski, sign Vertongen and settle the midfield down, with a player who can be relied on.

Yes.

I guess so much depends on whether Wilshere really is dead or not. Because if he makes it for a full pre-season and comes back the player who played the two legs against Barcelona, we're effectively gaining a world class midfielder for free. Lets assume he makes it back like that or else I'll cry so then this is what we need to do:

Try to get rid of the players that never play but are eating up the wage funds. There's a serious mismanagement of funds going on and it needs to be sorted out. I don't care if Arshavin is putting in good performances in Russia. I don't care if Vela is scoring regularly in Spain. Just get rid of them. Along with Chamakh, Park, Squillaci, Djourou.

What to do with Gibbs and Diaby...that's tricky. Since Gibbs has come back, we've won 5 games on the bounce. And while he's not at the level Cashley was, he has potential. I love to see young English players at Arsenal. He has been at the club since he was about 13 and it'd be nice to keep a balance of having some proper Arsenal men in the side. Diaby...after seeing Rosicky and Van Persie come back from their injuries, you're tempted to hang on to Diaby. I don't think he'd have trouble finding a new club because - for whatever reason - he has a reputation for being a good player. It all depends on whether you think his talent is as good as Rosicky's that he could be worth hanging on to in case he stops getting injured. Get rid IMO.

If it were up to me, I'd get rid of Gervinho right now as well. Looking at this current Arsenal squad, there aren't many players who get regular playing time that I don't like watching. It's a real collective effort and even if the likes of Walcott and Ramsey can be very wasteful, at least they keep trying. At least they don't give a fuck about the groans in the crowd and keep getting into the right positions to fuck up again. Those are the type of players you want. Resilient. Ideally, you want them 'not shit' as well, but for fans POV - we want triers. Gerv just doesn't seem to have the balls. He needs to start taking players on and shooting.

To be champions of England, we need (assuming Jack is back):

- A new manager
- A new medical team
- back-up GK because Fabianski will surely be leaving because he has no chance playing for his country if he stays here.
- A decent, young CB that is willing to fight for his place. He'll get chances because we get a lot of injuries.
- A good defensive-mid to compete with Song. Preferably an absolute twat. Flamini/Parker-esque idiot who just throws himself at the ball.
- Replacement for Gerv. We'll have Theo, Oxlade and Miyaichi. Maybe a more experienced attacker like (but not) Bellamy. I guess it's supposed to be Podolski.
- A young striker like Hernandez (not Vela) who won't mind fighting for a place. A proper goal-poacher with no morals.
- A big man. Not Terry. Not even Letters. But yknow that Nazi Fulham got that can't stop scoring? Someone like him. Someone we can punt to in the last 10 mins.

milla
23-03-2012, 12:48 PM
I think Ju will stay. Bendtner, Vela, Denilson, Squillachi, Ju, Chamakh, Almunia, Mannone and Benayou will leave.

Frimpong will go out on loan, Lansbury might get a chance to fight for place on the bench. I would like to add one more creative player in Rosicky mould aka Gotze. :pray:
Wenger will probably add Afobe and Aneke into first team squad (for carling cups etc). The fight for starting place in midfield would be very tight, Diaby, Arteta, Le Coq, Ramsey, Frimpong and Lanbury have to work very hard to displace Song, Wilshere and Rosicky. :coffee:

Flavs
23-03-2012, 12:54 PM
I guess so much depends on whether Wilshere really is dead or not. Because if he makes it for a full pre-season and comes back the player who played the two legs against Barcelona, we're effectively gaining a world class midfielder for free..

It will be like a new...well you know he rest

Flavs
23-03-2012, 12:57 PM
If it were up to me, I'd get rid of Gervinho right now as well.

You fucking crackhead.

milla
23-03-2012, 12:59 PM
You fucking crackhead.

harsh but fair :coffee:

toothless gibbon
23-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Not sure I want us to go after a tricky type, like Goetze (sp).

We need a pedigree signing. Someone to bring us that "game winning out of nothing" card.

Goetze would tick all the boxes to be the player that could win the game out of nothing IMO.

LDG
23-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Goetze would tick all the boxes to be the player that could win the game out of nothing IMO.

Hmmm, he only has 11 (wiki) goals since 2009....hardly Pires is he.

And this is what I mean. We need a Pires. Pace, can do something out of nothing.

Cannot be arse with that tippy tappy shite anymore. Touch...BANG! is what we need.

GP
23-03-2012, 02:52 PM
The player you're looking for is Jose Antonio Reyes.

LDG
23-03-2012, 02:54 PM

Is he fit and still playing?

Seriously. I'd have him back, fit and in form, like a shot.

Such a waste....he could have been the man. If he hadn't been such a lady.

Hleb, Febregas, Nasri.....OMFG. Boring bollocks.

milla
23-03-2012, 03:00 PM

A bit too late for that, Reyes is settled in Madrid now. Gotze is really the closest we can get to Rosicky or Pires, he got pace, techniques and very direct. :coffee:

Syn
23-03-2012, 03:08 PM
You fucking crackhead.

An absolute failure of a human being, he is. I've written him off tbf. Too weak - mentally and physically. Won't make it. If he doesn't mind taking some racial abuse/friendly banter, he needs to go to Espagne.

Flavs
23-03-2012, 03:50 PM
An absolute failure of a human being, he is. I've written him off tbf. Too weak - mentally and physically. Won't make it. If he doesn't mind taking some racial abuse/friendly banter, he needs to go to Espagne.

You're not looking in a mirror are you??

:unsure:

Syn
23-03-2012, 03:55 PM
You're not looking in a mirror are you??

:unsure:

Ah, fuck. There's no coming back from that.

:getcoat:

LDG
23-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Ah, fuck. There's no coming back from that.

:getcoat:

That's what your mirror said.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnwltqhA7R1qzj7lm.png

Kano
23-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Is he fit and still playing?

Seriously. I'd have him back, fit and in form, like a shot.

Such a waste....he could have been the man. If he hadn't been such a lady.

Hleb, Febregas, Nasri.....OMFG. Boring bollocks.

fab was and is a bloody great player, loved watching him pull the strings from midfield. if he was complemented with other players not caught up in attempting to do the same, we would've progressed by now.

we won't buy anyone in CM. not a soul. diaby, wilshere, ramsey, rosicky, ox, arteta, song, coq will all be rotated, which means we will buy upfront and maybe at the back but that is all.

LDG
23-03-2012, 04:45 PM
fab was and is a bloody great player, loved watching him pull the strings from midfield. if he was complemented with other players not caught up in attempting to do the same, we would've progressed by now.

we won't buy anyone in CM. not a soul. diaby, wilshere, ramsey, rosicky, ox, arteta, song, coq will all be rotated, which means we will buy upfront and maybe at the back but that is all.

Don't get me wrong. He's a cracking player. Really top draw.

I guess I just like a different style of football. I just think pace and power, and the stuff we've seen just recently, might not be as clever on the eye, but it just gives you so much more to shout about from the stands.

You're right, Fabregas ran the show, but that's the problem we had. To make that work, you needed another two or three players on the same level as him.

I prefer us playing as a team, like we are now I guess.

Syn
23-03-2012, 04:50 PM
He wasn't that good. :coffee:

To prove I'm not bitter, experienced saddos like myself will know I've been saying that on GW since 2007 when Hleb kept setting him up on a plate and he was a bit poor.

He was fantastic in the 09/10 season - true leader and evolved into Frankcesc Lampregas in terms of productivity. But last season and generally...nah. Nasri's better. And Jack's better than both (if not dead).

LDG
23-03-2012, 04:54 PM
He wasn't that good. :coffee:

To prove I'm not bitter, experienced saddos like myself will know I've been saying that on GW since 2007 when Hleb kept setting him up on a plate and he was a bit poor.

He was fantastic in the 09/10 season - true leader and evolved into Frankcesc Lampregas in terms of productivity. But last season and generally...nah. Nasri's better. And Jack's better than both (if not dead).

I honestly don't think he was the right person for us. Too much thethethetehtehetChrisWaddle in him.

Prefer Jack, as he's more direct. Insallah he is fit and playing soon.

Syn
23-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Insallah he is fit and playing soon.

:haha:

LDG
23-03-2012, 04:57 PM
My dibdab is atroshious.

milla
23-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Amen to that bro. :)

Flavs
19-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Ok so an update on this is that Almunia and a load of kids are gone and we sent Benayoun back.

Podolski and probably Giroud have been signed

RvP and Theo haven't signed new contracts yet

We haven't managed to shift any of the smelly timber we have yet

Miyachi is likely to go out on loan to Bolton for a season and is likely to be joined there by Damian Martinez as well.

So i make that like this (with spares)

Arsenal 1 -

---------------------Wjccuichui1nhjunbuc-----------

---Sagna----Mertesacker-------Vermaelen-------Gibbs

------------Song-------Wheelchair-----Arteta----

--Walcott---------------------------------Podoslki

------------------------RvP----------------------

Arsenal 2 -

------------------Flapianskid-----------------

---Jenko--------Kos-------Jo Djo-------Pie Santos-

---------Ramsey------Le Coq------Rosicky-------

--The Ox------------------------------Megamind-

----------------Giroud----------------------

Coney
19-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Arsenal 1 looks good. Decent backup in the main, though I'd be happy to lose Fabianski and replace him with a keeper.

Flavs
25-07-2012, 09:09 AM
So a month on and with pre-season under way the stench remains around the training grounds as the repulsive perfume of players like Bendtner and Arshavin still remains.

We have officially signed the Podster and big Oli the frenchy and it seems we have agreed a fee for Santa Clausorla which is pretty impressive change in tac by WUMger. However RvP and Theo still haven't signed/been sold and we are still overloaded by reserves and kids who all need loaning out.

Greeks and Turks alike are after some of our rejects and Bolton want the Miyachi again for the season.

The only other news is Kos signing a new contract, Frimpong being disciplined for being a tool and the loaning out of Denilson again.

Flavs
25-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Also..

our starting line up would now look like this

-------------------scsgxhbbhjsnjsonso--------------

Sagna------Kos/Merts--------Vermy----------Gibbs/pie

-------Song--------Wheelchair------Arteta---------

---Cazorla-------------------------------The Pod

------------------Big Oli-----------------------

Well, it's different

LDG
25-07-2012, 01:50 PM