PDA

View Full Version : What was once a tribute thread to Muamba.

Flavs
19-03-2012, 09:26 AM
For something which has shocked the world

Deary me

Flavs
19-03-2012, 09:44 AM
But the world is in mourning!!!

Jesus you would think it was Nelson Mandela

GP
19-03-2012, 09:47 AM

I thought it was Carl Weathers.

Flavs
19-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I thought it was Carl Weathers.

I dont care who you are in the real world, you give our position away again and I will bleed you motherfucka

Kano
19-03-2012, 10:12 AM

It's not every day 30 odd thousand people turn up anywhere and end up watch a man fight for his life in front of them.

Flavs
19-03-2012, 10:16 AM
It's not every day 30 odd thousand people turn up anywhere and end up watch a man fight for his life in front of them.

Indeed and its horrific for them and all involved but this ridiculous outpouring of melodramatic emotion and lack of perspective is stupid.

Letters
19-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Indeed and its horrific for them and all involved but this ridiculous outpouring of melodramatic emotion and lack of perspective is stupid.

Are you new here (by which I mean on this planet)

Flavs
19-03-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm not surprise at all .

Why's that then?

LDG
19-03-2012, 10:30 AM
I really like your post . Some incidents remind us we are human being and should be united . Being Human is about respect , love and care .

Hmmm. I think you're confusing Humans with another mythical species.

Alpha
19-03-2012, 10:34 AM

It is a pure naivity to think politicians are respected and liked everywhere .It depends of what image they portray in a particular place . A politician can be a hero here and a villain somewhere else .

Alpha
19-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Hmmm. I think you're confusing Humans with another mythical species.
It is just vanity . A small thing can show us how vulnerable we are . Money , fame , knowledge can be powerless and of no use at all .

Flavs
19-03-2012, 10:38 AM
It is a pure naivity to think politicians are respected and liked everywhere .It depends of what image they portray in a particular place . A politician can be a hero here and a villain somewhere else .

As opposed to a footballer that 99.9% of the world couldn't give a shit about?

Letters
19-03-2012, 10:51 AM

tbh I'd never heard of him before this. Still feel sad about it though.

:shrug:

Alpha
19-03-2012, 10:53 AM
At least footballs bring joy to our face . You can like them or not and it depends on circumstances . But politicians are evil . Pure criminals . They look hero and role models where people don't really know them . They are often double face and bring tears and horror in other part of the world .

Marc Overmars
19-03-2012, 10:55 AM

You'd never heard of Muamba? :unsure:

Letters
19-03-2012, 11:01 AM
You'd never heard of Muamba? :unsure:

No. I don't follow football that closely these days. I don't know all the players at all the clubs. I know he was on our books once but did he ever play for us? If so not often enough that he'd registered on my consciousness.

Kano
19-03-2012, 11:03 AM

i think it feels more shocking when the bubble that is a football, an escape from the harsh realities of the world, is pierced by such an horrible event – it makes it feel even more shocking than normal

Alpha
19-03-2012, 11:08 AM

You never log on Arsenal website and have a look on our reserves players ? Don't you follow our young players on loan ? Come on Fabrice Muamba played with the likes of Bendtner , Larson , Wilshere , Djourou , senderos , even RVP and Fabregas when they were younger . Fabregas was on the same level as Song . Arsenal decided not to give him a chance . He was loaned to Birmingham alongside Bendtner and Larson . only Bendtner came back and I wonder if it was the right decision .

Marc Overmars
19-03-2012, 11:09 AM
No. I don't follow football that closely these days. I don't know all the players at all the clubs. I know he was on our books once but did he ever play for us? If so not often enough that he'd registered on my consciousness.

Oh right. Nah I was just surprised because he's been a regular at Bolton for a few years now, one of their first names on the team sheet.

Can't remember if he played for us but if he did it was Carling Cup at best.

GP
19-03-2012, 11:10 AM
With all due respect to the lad, and it's horrible what's happened to him, but he haven't missed out on anything by letting him go.

KSE Comedy Club
19-03-2012, 11:15 AM
You never log on Arsenal website and have a look on our reserves players ? Fuck no.

There's more important things in life than the reserve list.

Letters
19-03-2012, 11:21 AM
You never log on Arsenal website and have a look on our reserves players ? Don't you follow our young players on loan ?

No. But well done you for being a 'better' Arsenal fan than me. Have a sweetie.

KSE Comedy Club
19-03-2012, 11:23 AM

Shit arsenal fan letters.

I bet you dont even know what size football boots they all wear either :sulk:

Olivier's xmas twist
19-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Come on Gooners . This is about one of our boys . Even though he doesn't play for us anymore and he didn't choose to but he remains an Arsenal fan .Show some emotion at least. I'm ashamed to see Tottenham behaving in the right way for someone who has an Arsenal connection . Their fans , their players especially Defoe , Gallas and Van der vaat were fantastic . On our side just Djourou showed some concern plus a few tweets and an announcement from Arsenal website . For something which has shocked the world Arsenal should have been in front page to lead this event as it is about one of their boys . Someone they saw grow from the age of 11 . They saw his progress even though they decided not to give him a chance .It raised questions how players and fans are treated by Arsenal Football Club . Wenger should have said something to show he cares . Come Fabrice .Get a quick recovery . Get well soon .

And you know he has not how, Maybe he has contaced the family or Coyle none of know and rightyly so. RVP/Jack plus a few more tweeted they hope he was ok etc.

Its stupid to say Arsenal fans/players and the club don't care statements like that piss me off. Should we all sit at home and loose our jobs waiting for him to come round etc.

Get off your high horse fella.

Cripps_orig
19-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Before this i had never heard of Arsene Wenger tbh

Alpha
19-03-2012, 11:29 AM
I never said that . Have I ?

KSE Comedy Club
19-03-2012, 11:30 AM
And you know he has not how, Maybe he has contaced the family or Coyle none of know and rightyly so. RVP/Jack plus a few more tweeted they hope he was ok etc.

Its stupid to say Arsenal fans/players and the club don't care statements like that piss me off. Should we all sit at home and loose our jobs waiting for him to come round etc.

Get off your high horse fella.:gp:

Im sure the journos will ask arsene about him at the press conference and you will find out what the club have done then.

No need for us to jump on the public bandwagon of support.

Alpha
19-03-2012, 11:37 AM

Get off your high horse fella.
This is not time to have a go at someone simply because you disagree with what they said . Arsene just post something on the Arsenal website . Just my opinion and you are not forced to share it . I was expecting Arsene to say something on TV . To show how a big club like Arsenal treat their player even after they have left the club . No one said you should lose your job for this . We all got jobs . It is about opinion mate . Please don't be narrow-minded to be pissed of with anything which doesn't please your view .

Marc Overmars
19-03-2012, 11:42 AM
This is not time to have a go at someone simply because you disagree with what they said . Arsene just post something on the Arsenal website . Just my opinion and you are not forced to share it . I was expecting Arsene to say something on TV . To show how a big club like Arsenal treat their player even after they have left the club . No one said you should lose your job for this . We all got jobs . It is about opinion mate . Please don't be narrow-minded to be pissed of with anything which doesn't please your view .

Does it matter whether Arsene spoke on TV or not? :blink:

Letters
19-03-2012, 11:43 AM
I never said that . Have I ?

You seemed unduly surprised that I'd not heard of him. Not sure why it's so inconceivable.
He played twice for us in 2005/6 in the league cup (says Wiki) then went elsewhere.
I don't follow football that closely these days. I couldn't name any members of the Bolton squad tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-03-2012, 11:54 AM

Wow just wow thats all.

Alpha
19-03-2012, 11:56 AM
You seemed unduly surprised that I'd not heard of him. Not sure why it's so inconceivable.
He played twice for us in 2005/6 in the league cup (says Wiki) then went elsewhere.
I don't follow football that closely these days. I couldn't name any members of the Bolton squad tbh.
don't get me wrong . I'm not surprised at all . Its just a matter of interest . People have different taste and interests .

GP
19-03-2012, 11:57 AM

You don't know Chelsea-Charles Emanuallé? :lol:

Letters :pal:

Kano
19-03-2012, 11:58 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2117073/Fabrice-Muamba-news-Arsene-Wenger-massive-shock.html

Flavs
19-03-2012, 11:58 AM
At least footballs bring joy to our face . You can like them or not and it depends on circumstances . But politicians are evil . Pure criminals . They look hero and role models where people don't really know them . They are often double face and bring tears and horror in other part of the world .

what complete and utter tripe

Flavs
19-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Bould: 'Fabrice lives and breathes football'

|No wonder he has a dodgy heart then

Sorry :getcoat:

Alpha
19-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Does it matter whether Arsene spoke on TV or not? :blink:saying something on Arsenal website where only Arsenal fans can see it different from saying on TV . The lad started his career with us and he always visit Arsenal when he comes in London . He is an Arsenal fan .

Flavs
19-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Doctor....DOCTOR...has Arsene Wenger held his "Fabrice Muamba dedicated press conference" yet??

No Nurse I am sorry he only put something on the Arsenal website

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2012, 12:54 PM
|No wonder he has a dodgy heart then

Sorry :getcoat:

Carefully does it. You can be tracked down and arrested if you say the wrong things about this incident. Always remember, the right to be offended and outraged now trumps the right to speech or thought and even dark (modified for the sake of political correctness) un-white not gay happy, edgy humour.

Obviously a terrible incident for the lad concerned and his family and friends, including those who know him in football. They'll support each other through this and that's how it should be. For the rest of us, I'm sure we'll get over it in about 5 seconds (or less). That's not meant to be cruel or uncaring, personally I haven't invested enough interest in this to be cruel or uncaring. It's just realistic but only a couple of people out of a hundred would have the guts to tell the truth.

All depends what you want, a hair tearing and chest thumping carnival where the name of the game is jostling to the best position at the front so every last act of insincerity gets maximum attention. Or just leave the lad and his family alone and go about your normal business. You'll quickly find the world has not come to an end or even changed.

But if it's really important to get involved, can I tempt you to rope into your thinking the hundreds of thousands of families "our boys" abroad have slaughtered? Or the millions that die each year for want of a drink of water? And so on?

Don't we demean ourselves when we single out an individual for special attention while ignoring millions who suffer at least as many life threatening (or ending) hardships, most of which are preventable and only occur so we can buy TV's on which to watch the journalists pulling out their fingernails in grief, or newspapers that scream tragedy on the front page while consigning actual tragedy (on epic scales) to the minor columns and even then spun in such a way as to make the torment seem necessary and even desirable and moral?

It's a thing of perspective.

I suppose the question is, is it illegal to be honest? Is honesty the policy best concealed?

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2012, 12:56 PM
saying something on Arsenal website where only Arsenal fans can see it different from saying on TV . The lad started his career with us and he always visit Arsenal when he comes in London . He is an Arsenal fan .

Plainly Arsene is happy this happened. His failure to scale Everest and shout announcements with a bullhorn gives him away.

Flavs
19-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Carefully does it. You can be tracked down and arrested if you say the wrong things about this incident. Always remember, the right to be offended and outraged now trumps the right to speech or thought and even dark (modified for the sake of political correctness) un-white not gay happy, edgy humour.

Obviously a terrible incident for the lad concerned and his family and friends, including those who know him in football. They'll support each other through this and that's how it should be. For the rest of us, I'm sure we'll get over it in about 5 seconds (or less). That's not meant to be cruel or uncaring, personally I haven't invested enough interest in this to be cruel or uncaring. It's just realistic but only a couple of people out of a hundred would have the guts to tell the truth.

All depends what you want, a hair tearing and chest thumping carnival where the name of the game is jostling to the best position at the front so every last act of insincerity gets maximum attention. Or just leave the lad and his family alone and go about your normal business. You'll quickly find the world has not come to an end or even changed.

But if it's really important to get involved, can I tempt you to rope into your thinking the hundreds of thousands of families "our boys" abroad have slaughtered? Or the millions that die each year for want of a drink of water? And so on?

Don't we demean ourselves when we single out an individual for special attention while ignoring millions who suffer at least as many life threatening (or ending) hardships, most of which are preventable and only occur so we can buy TV's on which to watch the journalists pulling out their fingernails in grief, or newspapers that scream tragedy on the front page while consigning actual tragedy (on epic scales) to the minor columns and even then spun in such a way as to make the torment seem necessary and even desirable and moral?

It's a thing of perspective.

I suppose the question is, is it illegal to be honest? Is honesty the policy best concealed?

Oh shut up you frickin hippy

Joker
19-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Really hope he pulls through :pray:

And if you don't care about this story, then surely just don't post in this thread? Why make pointless "jokes" about Muamba's situation and then cry about "free speech" when someone pulls you up on it? Some people have been affected by this story, and it's their right to express their feelings in this thread without interference from others who don't care.

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2012, 01:24 PM

And if you don't care about this story, then surely just don't post in this thread? Why make pointless "jokes" about Muamba's situation and then cry about "free speech" when someone pulls you up on it? Some people have been affected by this story, and it's their right to express their feelings in this thread without interference from others who don't care.

I'm not joking about Muamba, why would you say such a thing? I'm joking about the people buzzing around him who don't even know the guy. Read it again, or is that not necessary because the objective of your response is to paint a misleading picture? How can you be "pulled up" on free speech? Either you have or you don't. I'm not saying you are not permitted to run around feigning grief. I don't seek to limit your behaviour in any way, but I do reserve the right to comment on it. What's wrong with that?

Joker
19-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm not joking about Muamba, why would you say such a thing? I'm joking about the people buzzing around him who don't even know the guy. Read it again, or is that not necessary because the objective of your response is to paint a misleading picture? How can you be "pulled up" on free speech? Either you have or you don't. I'm not saying you are not permitted to run around feigning grief. I don't seek to limit your behaviour in any way, but I do reserve the right to comment on it. What's wrong with that?

I wasn't talking about you joking about Muamba.

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2012, 01:26 PM
I wasn't talking about you joking about Muamba.

What do you mean you weren't talking about me?

That's outrageous!

Flavs
19-03-2012, 01:29 PM
What do you mean you weren't talking about me?

That's outrageous!

What??? Has Arsene Wenger said anything about you yet??

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2012, 01:31 PM
What??? Has Arsene Wenger said anything about you yet??

No, but you know Wenger - the uncaring, inconsiderate prick. If he's not careful he's going to MAKE ME put my pregnant girlfriend in a car boot and drive off a bridge.

Joker
19-03-2012, 01:42 PM
In any case, I hope it makes supporters think about some of the chants that they come out with at football grounds. It happens at all clubs, whether it's about Heysel, Hillsborough, Munich, etc, or some of our supporters singing about Adebayor etc. This puts everything into perspective.

PGFC
19-03-2012, 01:44 PM

this thread is the
wrong thread
for that

Kano
19-03-2012, 02:24 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/walken4gop

GP
19-03-2012, 02:31 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/walken4gop

That's NQ that is.

Syn
19-03-2012, 02:32 PM
^ No need to give people like that the attention they want.

PGFC
19-03-2012, 02:43 PM

What NQ? true dat.

DJ Philosophe
19-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family...

http://i39.tinypic.com/34hc5eu.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
19-03-2012, 03:05 PM

Yep, he is just a Scum tbh, not sure why the link was even posted on here tbh.

GP
19-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family...

http://i39.tinypic.com/34hc5eu.jpg

He looks like Andi Peters there.

And Carl Weathers, of course.

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Any updates? It's been minutes since we heard anything.

Marc Overmars
19-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Maccy is gonna lay the smackdown on your candy ass.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Friends say he is speaking again.

Someone been arrested for abuse on twitter.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-arrested-over-racist-muamba-tweets-171414977.html

Ernesto
19-03-2012, 07:08 PM
A special well done to the Spurs' fan cardiologist who I'm hearing came done from the stands at WHL to help treat Muamba. You can't put a price on that sort of quick thinking behaviour whose actions led to Fabrice's speedy admittance to the chest hospital.

GP
19-03-2012, 07:17 PM
A special well done to the Spurs' fan cardiologist who I'm hearing came done from the stands at WHL to help treat Muamba. You can't put a price on that sort of quick thinking behaviour whose actions led to Fabrice's speedy admittance to the chest hospital.

He didn't. He wasn't allowed onto the pitch.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-03-2012, 08:42 PM
He can breathe without the ventilator and reconginses his family, say bolton and the hospital.

Good good news.

Cripps_orig
19-03-2012, 08:43 PM
He can breathe without the ventilator and reconginses his family, say bolton and the hospita.

Good good news.Hospita :bow:

Always rated them

Coney
20-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Hospita :bow:

Always rated them

This is part of Cameron's NHS privatisation?

Injury Time
20-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Hospita :bow:

Always rated them

This is part of Cameron's NHS privatisation?

Reflects the 12% savings target

Coney
20-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Reflects the 12% savings target

12.5 actually. The education system these days.. :sulk:

Injury Time
21-03-2012, 07:02 AM
12.5 actually. The education system these days.. :sulk:
Always round down on savings targets, up means cutting more staff;)