PDA

View Full Version : Manners

MissHandbag
20-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Too many bad mannered people about. Am used to people not thanking me for opening doors (their own fault if they get a snotty comment after), dropping litter and all the usual stuff unfortunately.

But my new big bugbear is since I've been walking to work, I walk past 2 schools and a lot of parents assume they have bagsy over the whole pavement. This morning, Mum walking with her 2 kids, I don't know if she expected me to step into the road or pole vault above her or something but she gave me a filthy look when her daughter bumped into me.

Alan B'stard
20-03-2012, 03:03 PM
you should have gone to ground clutching your shin and won the penalty

she cheats,
she dives,
she hates the jackson five,
miss handbag...miss handbag.

what?

MissHandbag
20-03-2012, 03:06 PM
you should have gone to ground clutching your shin and won the penalty

she cheats,
she dives,
she hates the jackson five,
miss handbag...miss handbag.

what?

Hehe - I was thinking of putting a brick in my handbag as it's a few times but that's probably better.

Alan B'stard
20-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Motherhood is tough, though. When you're up the duff everyone is all coos and smiles (unless you are on the tube in which case they are all ****s).
Then all of a sudden you're just another annoying bitch with a pram and/or toddlers.

LDG
20-03-2012, 03:11 PM
I get this too. Everyone does it now.

I usually reverse back into single file mode if someone else needs to get past....but everyone else just walks 10 abreast. Pisses me right off.

Marc Overmars
20-03-2012, 03:15 PM
I believe in good manners.

Alan B'stard
20-03-2012, 03:18 PM
people should certainly be teaching their kids to say 'excuse me' when they need to get past someone.

LDG
20-03-2012, 03:27 PM
people should certainly be teaching their kids to say 'excuse me' when they need to get past someone.

I think a lot of it, is that we've just forgotten to communicate with people we don't know.

People look at me weird when I smile and say good morning. It's like "OMG, he's talking to me...what a nutter".

MissHandbag
20-03-2012, 03:31 PM

I usually reverse back into single file mode if someone else needs to get past....but everyone else just walks 10 abreast. Pisses me right off.

Exactly what I mean - I never walked along with my kids like I owned the road and even my autistic son who has the spatial awareness of a hover fly has been taught how to share the pavements.

MissHandbag
20-03-2012, 03:33 PM
I think a lot of it, is that we've just forgotten to communicate with people we don't know.

People look at me weird when I smile and say good morning. It's like "OMG, he's talking to me...what a nutter".

Most people probably wonder where the voice is coming from to be fair... Is it God?

Marc Overmars
20-03-2012, 03:39 PM

There's an old lady that walks her dog every morning and we always cross paths on my way to work. She always says good morning to me. At first I was like err, WTF...but now I always aknowledge her.

MissHandbag
20-03-2012, 03:41 PM
There's an old lady that walks her dog every morning and we always cross paths on my way to work. She always says good morning to me. At first I was like err, WTF...but now I always aknowledge her.

You acknowledge her? Menacing look? Tripping her up? Chasing her?

Japan Shaking All Over
20-03-2012, 03:45 PM
It always nice to say hello to someone, although I think I made a mistake in acknowledging this relgious nut on the train one, he definitely took my greeting as a sign to come up to me every time I see him and chew my ear of about how Christianity will take of Japan etc

Marc Overmars

Just say good morning back or if I'm in a mood and can't be arsed I just smile.

GP

A pat on the bum usually works.

Alan B'stard
20-03-2012, 03:46 PM
It always nice to say hello to someone, although I think I made a mistake in acknowledging this relgious nut on the train one, he definitely took my greeting as a sign to come up to me every time I see him and chew my ear of about how Christianity will take of Japan etc
Letters has calmed down a lot since then.

MissHandbag
20-03-2012, 03:47 PM

Are you wearing the sandals in yet?

Japan Shaking All Over
20-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Are you wearing the sandals in yet?

Yeah. . .by smacking them over the guy's head every time he comes near me. . .thinking about send a plague of locust to his house next

PGFC
20-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Manners maketh the man.

The ill-mannered should be forked to death in front of their families.

Injury Time
20-03-2012, 08:18 PM
You put franks mums ashes on your bum, you bastard!

Cripps_orig
20-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Knee the kids in the face tbh

And when they are down, a 2 footer on their neck would solve your problem

IBK
20-03-2012, 09:23 PM

:good:

IBK
20-03-2012, 09:26 PM
...and its getting worse with the automoton zombies with their i-Pads and Dr Dre headphones. I have nothing against enjoying music, but lets face it it is a barrier between the wearer and other people. We need to be getting more aware of others, not less.

LDG
21-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Knee the kids in the face tbh

And when they are down, a 2 footer on their neck would solve your problem

I know this is very very very stupid of me, but once when I was out running, these two little chavs on bikes were taking up the whole of the pavement, and I couldn't get by.

Given that, on my way past them 10 mins earlier (the run I do doubles back on itself), they'd done the usual "Run forest run" comment I get from everyone everywhere, whenever I run, I got the rage on.

They both went flying back off there bikes, over an ankle high fence and into shrubberyon the side of the pavement.

I just carried on running, with a big grin on my face.

Alan B'stard
21-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I know this is very very very stupid of me, but once when I was out running, these two little chavs on bikes were taking up the whole of the pavement, and I couldn't get by.

Given that, on my way past them 10 mins earlier (the run I do doubles back on itself), they'd done the usual "Run forest run" comment I get from everyone everywhere, whenever I run, I got the rage on.

They both went flying back off there bikes, over an ankle high fence and into shrubberyon the side of the pavement.

I suppose you coughed pointedly and said "excuse me" first eh?

LDG
21-03-2012, 11:55 AM
I suppose you coughed pointedly and said "excuse me" first eh?

No, I just pushed the fuckers out of the way.

I was out of breath :shrug:

Injury Time
21-03-2012, 04:44 PM

stupid is as stupid does...

Flavs
23-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Yeah i even say excuse me if i fart in private tbh. Always say please and thank you, always say please and thank you for people who dont fucking say it themselves when i hold doors open for them or move out of their way.

The headphones and phones comment up there is interesting cos i have a tendency to throw a shoulder at anyone who is all too wrapped up in their technology to acknowlege human kindness, gets some funny reactions from people, especially chavvy boys.

MissHandbag
23-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Yeah i even say excuse me if i fart in private tbh. Always say please and thank you, always say please and thank you for people who dont fucking say it themselves when i hold doors open for them or move out of their way.

The headphones and phones comment up there is interesting cos i have a tendency to throw a shoulder at anyone who is all too wrapped up in their technology to acknowlege human kindness, gets some funny reactions from people, especially chavvy boys.

Spot on