PDA

View Full Version : Carl Jenkinson's haircut

Syn
27-03-2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/special-report-carl-jenkinson-s-haircut

(http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/special-report-carl-jenkinson-s-haircut)Irresponsible behaviour from Jenkers.

Fats
27-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Possibly the funniest interview from Arsenal ever

GP
27-03-2012, 11:08 AM
This is quite possible the most serious issue at our club right now. He dun goofed. Consequences will never be the same again.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-03-2012, 11:11 AM
This is what happens when you give big wages to players.

Arsenal. :rose:

Marc Overmars
27-03-2012, 11:13 AM
GHELcuts. :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
27-03-2012, 11:52 AM
da lad's 'ardly Brad Pitt isee

Newguy
27-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Classic piece :lol: , but I would have loved Robin to take the same "serious" approach like OX did initially...:clap:

alexander
27-03-2012, 05:56 PM
thats some funny shit.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2012, 02:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2cCW5eCQAAiZyI.jpg

it's a shame he's shit :rose:

GP
10-09-2012, 02:57 PM
He isn't shit.

You're shit.

Marc Overmars
10-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Not a patch on Sagan but it's good to have Lieutenant Corporals like him around.

Alpha
10-09-2012, 03:50 PM
He is still young and like all lads his age he is free to have any haircut he likes . We could better talk about his game rather than spoiling unnecessary this thread talking about his eyes or his legs .

Syn
10-09-2012, 03:54 PM
He doesn't have a game because he is village. His hair is definitely the more serious matter tbh.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2012, 04:07 PM
jenkinson :rose:

terrible player :rose:

Ollie the Optimist
10-09-2012, 04:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2cCW5eCQAAiZyI.jpg

it's a shame he's shit :rose:

1. he isnt shit.

2. its brilliant to know and see that when he pulls on the shirt, he will give 100% to this club, all the time, every time because he is one of us. he loves us and i fucking love that we have a player like that

LDG
10-09-2012, 04:08 PM
He has shit legs

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2012, 04:15 PM
2. its brilliant to know and see that when he pulls on the shirt, he will give 100% to this club, all the time, every time because he is one of us. he loves us and i fucking love that we have a player like that

so was rvp

that ended well

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
so was rvp

that ended well

Everyone always knew RVC is a **** - except you. You were fooled.

Marc Overmars
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
so was rvp

that ended well

GHELkinson is one of us tbf.

He must've won a Junior Gunners competition as a kid, it's the only explanation for him being given a contract with us. He's a Sunday League player really but we can be sure he'll give everything because he knows how lucky he is to play for us.

GHELcuts. :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM
yarrnis is another one of us. pictures of him aged 7 (or around that age) being a mascot at one of our games and posing with DB10 and Adams

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Everyone always knew RVC is a **** - except you. You were fooled.

thats a lie

plenty of people thought rvp was different. shit loads of gooners thought he was a rose among thorns.

he played it well tbf

Ollie the Optimist
10-09-2012, 04:23 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6731466931_816d974094_z.jpghttp://p.twimg.com/A02EvKKCAAEjTsp.jpg

and there is this one with Henry last year, holding a picture that was taken back in 2005
http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7167/6848252217_fedf1d4227.jpg

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2012, 04:24 PM
He's a Sunday League player really but we can be sure he'll give everything because he knows how lucky he is to play for us.

which amounts to absolutely nothing as he's shit

we'll win nothing with players like him in the team but i guess that's ok so he fits in perfectly here

Ollie the Optimist
10-09-2012, 04:25 PM
thats a lie

plenty of people thought rvp was different. shit loads of gooners thought he was a rose among thorns.

he played it well tbf

true, i was one of them and i have never been so wrong about a player before as i have with him.

however with Jenkinson, his Dad goes to matches and is a life long arsenal fan and so was his grandad. read this last year when he signed. and you can see from that brick he made, that this is an honour to play for us and he is one of us but one of us who lives the dream not just dreams it of playing for Arsenal

Ollie the Optimist
10-09-2012, 04:26 PM

we'll win nothing with players like him in the team but i guess that's ok so he fits in perfectly here

just going to put this out there. this season, we are the only team in england not to concede. Jenkinson been a starter in all 3 games. he clearly is not shit

Marc Overmars
10-09-2012, 04:31 PM

Everyone has players like this in their squad. United won countless trophies with Brown, O'Shea etc clocking up 30+ appearances a season.

Homegrown or gohome tbf.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 04:38 PM
1. he isnt shit.

Until he leaves to City in a few years then you be calling him an unloyal ****.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 04:40 PM

We won nothing with RVP/Cesc/Nasri/Theo/Ade in the team.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2012, 04:42 PM
true, i was one of them and i have never been so wrong about a player before as i have with him.

however with Jenkinson, his Dad goes to matches and is a life long arsenal fan and so was his grandad. read this last year when he signed. and you can see from that brick he made, that this is an honour to play for us and he is one of us but one of us who lives the dream not just dreams it of playing for Arsenal

so was ashley cole. how did that end? posting sentimental facts about him and his family isn't going to work. if the past 3 years have taught us anything its that footballers are absolute c*nts. even those that we thought were somewhat loyal.

on top of that he's a poor footballer who isn't good enough for the highest level. we won't win things with jenkinson in the team. simple truth.

as for your other post. the defence is working as a unit and the organisation has improved. i praised the team after the liverpool game because they deserved it. but if you're going to use that to try and convince me jenkinson is now a good player then i dont think its a strong enough argument. it's more about the collective improvement we've seen in our defence than individual. jenkinson gave the ball away 3 times in the opening 25 minutes against liverpool and is still very inconsistent. he kept sterling in his pocket but what has sterling achieved in his career?

carl has improved but thats not hard, he was woeful.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Everyone has players like this in their squad. United won countless trophies with Brown, O'Shea etc clocking up 30+ appearances a season.

Homegrown or gohome tbf.

don't compare us to united. it's heaven and earth apart.

from the manager to the policies and the level of investment to the wage structure.

heaven and earth.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2012, 04:44 PM
We won nothing with RVP/Cesc/Nasri/Theo/Ade in the team.

exactly.

we won nothing with them so there's no hope with jenkinson

terrible player :rose:

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2012, 04:46 PM
thats a lie

he played it well tbf

There was even an article on Arseblog about you being the only person who fell for his shit.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 04:48 PM

Tbf hes our reserve right back. Soon as Sajma is back, Jenks will be out of the team.

And yes he was terrible last season but tbf hes done well so far this season

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2012, 04:52 PM
reserve right back to a player who has broken his leg twice in the past year.

with our injury record he'll be playing at least 15 games a season which poses a big problem.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
reserve right back to a player who has broken his leg twice in the past year.

with our injury record he'll be playing at least 15 games a season which poses a big problem.
If he continues as he has done for the first 3 games then we should be ok.

If he reverts back to last seasons form then we're fucked

Dennis Bendtner
10-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Corporal Jenko was an opportunistic and necessary signing. A second-choice defender when we need to meet homegrown quotas, he has incredible stamina and is an Arsenal fan. Duped by others some might have been, but I think he's as genuine as you'll find, so his loyalty is a fair bit stronger. Who knows if he's being developed as Sagna's long-term successor. We might find out next year. Of course he'll need to improve. He probably suffers having not grown in the Arsenal academy and developing with keep-ball drummed into him, hence the hospital passes. But these are the economical and sensible signings that need to be made in certain positions. Coquelin and Yennaris are not better than him at right-back. I think he will improve - he's had some good runs of games, and the unit has done well for the last three.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Corporal Jenko was an opportunistic and necessary signing. A second-choice defender when we need to meet homegrown quotas, he has incredible stamina and is an Arsenal fan. Duped by others some might have been, but I think he's as genuine as you'll find, so his loyalty is a fair bit stronger. Who knows if he's being developed as Sagna's long-term successor. We might find out next year. Of course he'll need to improve. He probably suffers having not grown in the Arsenal academy and developing with keep-ball drummed into him, hence the hospital passes. But these are the economical and sensible signings that need to be made in certain positions. Coquelin and Yennaris are not better than him at right-back. I think he will improve - he's had some good runs of games, and the unit has done well for the last three.So was Ashley Cole

And RVC

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Corporal Jenko was an opportunistic and necessary signing. A second-choice defender when we need to meet homegrown quotas, he has incredible stamina and is an Arsenal fan. Duped by others some might have been, but I think he's as genuine as you'll find, so his loyalty is a fair bit stronger. Who knows if he's being developed as Sagna's long-term successor. We might find out next year. Of course he'll need to improve. He probably suffers having not grown in the Arsenal academy and developing with keep-ball drummed into him, hence the hospital passes. But these are the economical and sensible signings that need to be made in certain positions. Coquelin and Yennaris are not better than him at right-back. I think he will improve - he's had some good runs of games, and the unit has done well for the last three.

dear god i hope not

going from one of the best right backs in europe to garbage like jenkinson

for fans to even contemplate that shows how far we have fallen

arsenal :rose:

god rest her soul :rose:

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Arsenal is female?

Explains a lot tbh

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 05:23 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6731466931_816d974094_z.jpghttp://p.twimg.com/A02EvKKCAAEjTsp.jpg

and there is this one with Henry last year, holding a picture that was taken back in 2005
http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7167/6848252217_fedf1d4227.jpg
Whos that?

Dennis Bendtner
10-09-2012, 05:24 PM
So was Ashley Cole

And RVC

I don't see your point. You lot don't think Jenko is good enough to go anywhere better. If he turns out like those two footballistically then good times. Anyway, Cole is the standard exception, and what are we using for RVC? That gangly photo? You could get a PSV shirt tomorrow and dupe anyone.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't see your point. You lot don't think Jenko is good enough to go anywhere better. If he turns out like those two footballistically then good times. Anyway, Cole is the standard exception, and what are we using for RVC? That gangly photo? You could get a PSV shirt tomorrow and dupe anyone.

Point is, supporting the club you play for means f all. Shouldnt be used as a reason to think players will raise their game for that reason or wont leave or whatever.

Its all about the benjamins these days.

Dennis Bendtner
10-09-2012, 05:28 PM
dear god i hope not

going from one of the best right backs in europe to garbage like jenkinson

for fans to even contemplate that shows how far we have fallen

arsenal :rose:

god rest her soul :rose:

Oye drama llama I already said he would need to improve a lot. Picking him up for peanuts from Charlton would suggest he probably isn't next. He's doing ok in his role for now, let's see how things progress.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Arsenal is female?

Explains a lot tbh

anally raped over the past 7 years

it can only be

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 05:30 PM
anally raped over the past 7 years

it can only be

By Wenger and the board time and time again

Dennis Bendtner
10-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Point is, supporting the club you play for means f all. Shouldnt be used as a reason to think players will raise their game for that reason or wont leave or whatever.

Well where would he go? Presumably more money if we're going by this all players are mercenaries thing. So by association a pretty good club. So by association he'd be a pretty good player. No one said anything about raising his game. He'll play to what his abilities permit.

Ollie the Optimist
10-09-2012, 09:58 PM

with rvp there was a photo of him in his kit aged 12 or wahtever it was, and i admit i was duped into believeing he was a fan etc etc. but with jenkinson and that message to his Grandad, i hope your proud says a lot more to me. it says that Arsenal run in his family and he cares

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 10:00 PM
with rvp there was a photo of him in his kit aged 12 or wahtever it was, and i admit i was duped into believeing he was a fan etc etc. but with jenkinson and that message to his Grandad, i hope your proud says a lot more to me. it says that Arsenal run in his family and he cares

He cares for now cause he knows he pretty much has no where better to go, you think if he is offered bigger money and a chance to win stuff he won't go ?

Ollie the Optimist
10-09-2012, 10:04 PM
He cares for now cause he knows he pretty much has no where better to go, you think if he is offered bigger money and a chance to win stuff he won't go ?

given this day and age i think he would go because im just oging to start accepting that so im surprised when they dont.

however with carl, it has been reported his dad does to every game as a fan not as a family ticket, goes to away matches etc etc. his grandad did too, i think there is more to keep him here from taht point of view.

put it another way, waht would you do? as a fan you play for us, get a deal lets just 70K a week, city offer you 120k a week. we know you are a proper fan not one who says he is but runs at first sign. whats your decision? city or us

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 10:11 PM
If Wenger is still at Arsenal then City all the way

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 10:20 PM
given this day and age i think he would go because im just oging to start accepting that so im surprised when they dont.

however with carl, it has been reported his dad does to every game as a fan not as a family ticket, goes to away matches etc etc. his grandad did too, i think there is more to keep him here from taht point of view.

put it another way, waht would you do? as a fan you play for us, get a deal lets just 70K a week, city offer you 120k a week. we know you are a proper fan not one who says he is but runs at first sign. whats your decision? city or us

Depends on the situation tbh, if were in a stage of winning stuff then id probs stay regardless what city offer, but if were in this situation where i know we have no chance to win a thing for however many years then i may have to think about leaving.

Oh and im not saying Jenko is not a fan i don't doubt that but when it comes to football these days people change.

And its down to fans to stop thinking there is loyalty in the game anymore. You just make yourself look naive and silly(Not you in general)

Ollie the Optimist
10-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Depends on the situation tbh, if were in a stage of winning stuff then id probs stay regardless what city offer, but if were in this situation where i know we have no chance to win a thing for however many years then i may have to think about leaving.

thats interesting. i disagree though, if it was me, i could never leave Arsenal, i support them now with or without trophies and could never imagine myself supporting/playing for anyone else.

if carl is like us as it is claimed then i hope his answer is like mine not yours but we have been hurt before. i do find it interesting what you said, given i asked you as a fan now waht you would do and you would quit. never really heard that view point before and i guess it shows waht trophies mean

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 11:04 PM
thats interesting. i disagree though, if it was me, i could never leave Arsenal, i support them now with or without trophies and could never imagine myself supporting/playing for anyone else.

if carl is like us as it is claimed then i hope his answer is like mine not yours but we have been hurt before. i do find it interesting what you said, given i asked you as a fan now waht you would do and you would quit. never really heard that view point before and i guess it shows waht trophies mean

Easy to say until your in that situation. Theo supports, Liverpool and they were in for him when we were but he chose us. Ashley cole always supported us and was in our academy look what happend there.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Easy to say until your in that situation. Theo supports, Liverpool and they were in for him when we were but he chose us. Ashley cole always supported us and was in our academy look what happend there.

He got bummed by David Bentley?

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 11:23 PM
He got bummed by David Bentley?

No that was his mobile phone.

GP
10-09-2012, 11:24 PM
No that was his mobile phone.

His mobile phone got bummed by David Bentley?

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 11:27 PM
His mobile phone got bummed by David Bentley?

did it ?

-Xs-
10-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Arsenal's best league run for nearly five years

I find 2 draws and a win a bit sad that it constitutes our best league run for 5 years. Surely they mean defensive run.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Arsenal. :bow:

Cripps_orig
11-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Carl Jenkinson is desperate to become Arsenal's first-choice right-back after impressing during Bacary Sagna's spell out injured.

The 20-year-old moved to the club a year ago from Charlton and played 14 times in his debut season at the Emirates Stadium.

Jenkinson has played in all three of the Gunners' Premier League matches so far this season, playing his part in helping them keep three clean sheets, and has set his sights on making a sustained impact at the club.

He told the club's official website: "I think it's only natural that the longer you're at a club, the more at home you feel.

"Coming here last year I felt a bit blown away with everything. This year I've come back and felt like one of the boys.

"It was different this year and it was nice because you like to feel comfortable and part of things. I'm happy with things at the moment and hopefully we just move on from here.

"My ambition for my whole career is to play for this football club. I want to be good enough and make my mark here. I won't be happy until I'm playing week-in, week-out. That's what I want to achieve."

Next up for the north London outfit is a home clash against Southampton, who are looking for their first Premier League win of the season.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/11/3369297/jenkinson-i-wont-be-happy-until-im-an-arsenal-regular

Good luck

Özim
11-09-2012, 07:46 PM
so was ashley cole. how did that end? posting sentimental facts about him and his family isn't going to work. if the past 3 years have taught us anything its that footballers are absolute c*nts. even those that we thought were somewhat loyal.

on top of that he's a poor footballer who isn't good enough for the highest level. we won't win things with jenkinson in the team. simple truth.

as for your other post. the defence is working as a unit and the organisation has improved. i praised the team after the liverpool game because they deserved it. but if you're going to use that to try and convince me jenkinson is now a good player then i dont think its a strong enough argument. it's more about the collective improvement we've seen in our defence than individual. jenkinson gave the ball away 3 times in the opening 25 minutes against liverpool and is still very inconsistent. he kept sterling in his pocket but what has sterling achieved in his career?

carl has improved but thats not hard, he was woeful.
I remember when Eboue kept Zidane in his pocket, seem to remember he was hailed as one of the world's best full backs....that ended well :lol:

Özim
11-09-2012, 07:54 PM
I find 2 draws and a win a bit sad that it constitutes our best league run for 5 years. Surely they mean defensive run.
When we finish the season by scraping 4th place Wenger will be hailing this long unbeaten run we went on at the start of the season, he'll use this to prove we don't need to sign players. Everyone thinks we should sign players, but that's not always the answer.