PDA

View Full Version : Gervinho is crap

Joker
31-03-2012, 04:07 PM
What a disappointment he has been this season. He looks extremely clumsy in possession, unable to deliver a decent cross and his dribbling technique is so one dimensional that any defender can read him like a book.

Another dud Wenger signing who should be flogged in the summer. I have had ENOUGH of these sorts of players in the Arsenal first team, who are mediocre, unable to step up and yet seem to be given chance after chance.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-03-2012, 04:12 PM
True he has been poor but Wenger doesn't help players by only giving them twenty minutes or less to come on and do something.

gunnerrrrr
31-03-2012, 04:13 PM
he is a bit rubbish

Olivier's xmas twist
31-03-2012, 04:14 PM
What a disappointment he has been this season. He looks extremely clumsy in possession, unable to deliver a decent cross and his dribbling technique is so one dimensional that any defender can read him like a book.

Another dud Wenger signing who should be flogged in the summer. I have had ENOUGH of these sorts of players in the Arsenal first team, who are mediocre, unable to step up and yet seem to be given chance after chance.

He played 20 mins not 90 he wasnever going to come on and change it.

Stupid thread for a stupid poster.

Joker
31-03-2012, 04:16 PM
He played 20 mins not 90 he wasnever going to come on and change it.

Stupid thread for a stupid poster.

But his inability to even look comfortable in possession tells us something doesn't it? Even when he's started recently he's looked the same, completely unable to do anything of note. Remember the AC Milan game, when everyone else was up for it except him, and the game simply passed him by?

Olivier's xmas twist
31-03-2012, 04:19 PM
But his inability to even look comfortable in possession tells us something doesn't it? Even when he's started recently he's looked the same, completely unable to do anything of note. Remember the AC Milan game, when everyone else was up for it except him, and the game simply passed him by?

Like i said he is not a game changer and never was going to be this season. Its AW who fucked up by not bringng OX on instead of him, yes he has been bad this season but he is a player that is limited and he was before we bought him.

I agree it was a stupid signing.

Marc Overmars
31-03-2012, 04:24 PM
He uses his gangly frame to glide past players, but that's it. He has no technical ability, people got on Theo's back for having no 'footballing brain', but it is far more apt for Gervais.

On top of that, he is as gutless as they come

Özil's Panoramic View
31-03-2012, 04:25 PM
i think his Brazilian sounding name was what got Wumger

Dennis Bendtner
31-03-2012, 04:26 PM
He is not the right player for us. Suspect he will warm the bench next season and be sold the following summer. Can't think of anything he excels at. Very awkward player.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-03-2012, 04:28 PM
He uses his gangly frame to glide past players, but that's it. He has no technical ability, people got on Theo's back for having no 'footballing brain', but it is far more apt for Gervais.

On top of that, he is as gutless as they come

Well he had a football brain when he was playing for lille, just seems unmotivated with us. He was alswsome for them you don't become shit overnight. he is more suited to a city or pool. Play him in a team with quality and he would look class.

Play him in a team like ours and well you see the results.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-03-2012, 04:33 PM
He is not the right player for us. Suspect he will warm the bench next season and be sold the following summer. Can't think of anything he excels at. Very awkward player.

Needs to go on loan to a stoke or Bolton, where he will learn to man the fuck up.

Dennis Bendtner
31-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Needs to go on loan to a stoke or Bolton, where he will learn to man the fuck up.

His gutlessness is pretty clear, but it just becomes more and more apparent each week that he intrinsically lacks quality. Scruffy technique and not a very good finisher. Why Wenger liked him so much is the puzzle. Goes against most previous logic.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-03-2012, 04:43 PM
His gutlessness is pretty clear, but it just becomes more and more apparent each week that he intrinsically lacks quality. Scruffy technique and not a very good finisher. Why Wenger liked him so much is the puzzle.

He a African playing in france, wenger must have though because he is from IC he'd bee like drogba. Players like him are good in France and in teams like sunderland, not a team that wants to win things.

should never have been brought on today in games like these he won't be a big help.

Cripps_orig
31-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Been a bit shit all season

Gubby Allen
31-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Another one for the clear-out but cannot see Chamakh, Bendtner, Park & Gervinho all being sent on their way.

Niall_Quinn
31-03-2012, 09:20 PM

He's not as crap as RvP.

selassie
31-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Hold on a minute....let's not right him off just yet. Sure he's been stinking up the place for a while but he's not a bad player. Like Charlie stated above he was a very good player for Lille prior to us signing him. I think some of us may have been stung by "Chamakh" who also came from France but has been absolutely awful after his promising start.

Gervinho definitely has flaws but I think there is a good player in there somewhere. He just needs to gain a bit of confidence and man up to the Prem. He'll be ousted from the team next season by Podolski assuming he signs, so bench option is the best he can hope for anyway. I just think if he gained a bit more confidence and improved his game he could be a very nice option to have off the bench.

Flavs
01-04-2012, 08:48 PM
This thread = the LOL section

Power n Glory
01-04-2012, 09:33 PM
In front of goal, you can tell Gervinho has no composure and I can't see that changing. Even before signing and seeing some of his goals for Lille, they looked scruffy and untidy. He can dribble and and is pretty handy on the wing, but I think he's a hit a miss player. A squad player at best. I doubt he'll be a regular for us next season and he needs to up his game if he wants to play on a regular basis.

Boss
02-04-2012, 02:34 AM
Started quite well but been very disappointing of late, not sure what's happened to him.

Seems to have misplaced his balls.

Thierrymon
02-04-2012, 02:40 AM
Should be given more of a chance before the lynch mob go after him.

He looked pretty good at the start of the season but has been really poor recently. Still think he has it in him to be a decent player for us.

Japan Shaking All Over
02-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Should be given more of a chance before the lynch mob go after him.

He looked pretty good at the start of the season but has been really poor recently. Still think he has it in him to be a decent player for us.

I am going with that sentiment (good post)
Showed the direct kind of running we didnt have for a long time, chipped in with a few assists but showed a flaw when it came to finding the net himself.

That being said I dont think it is right to right him off just yet. . .Theo has had more than his fair share of chances

Not a hater bit as with more than half the current squad neefs to go to tje consistency shop and buy himself a double helping

LDG
02-04-2012, 08:28 AM
I think he's alright personally.

Letters
02-04-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm a bit disappointed by him. I think he's got some decent skill and his assist rate probably isn't bad but he hasn't scored enough and always shits his pants in front of goal. Hasn't fulfilled the promise I saw in him early season.

GP
02-04-2012, 08:50 AM
He needs to sort out his life and face.

Flavs
02-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I like him a lot as i did in france as well, he has the ability to beat his man time and again, works hard and adds natural width. His finishing is poor but it looks like so is his confidence.

We see this a lot of Wenger players when they have been injured or dropped for a while, they struggle massively to get going again. Also it is his first season in the prem, different country, different culture and so on.

Good signing IMO.

Japan Shaking All Over
02-04-2012, 09:42 AM
He needs to sort out his life and face.

Maybe you could recommend where you went, when you went to get yours done :ninja:

LDG
02-04-2012, 09:43 AM
:lol:

GP
02-04-2012, 10:03 AM
:(

Grebbo
02-04-2012, 11:55 AM
He's utter dog shit.

He's next seasons Chakhma.

Thierrymon
03-04-2012, 02:58 AM
He's utter dog shit.

He's next seasons Chakhma.

Which has the better forehead?

alexander
03-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Which has the better forehead?

they both have shit hair.

Coney
03-04-2012, 11:18 AM
This looks like another pointless thread to which we already know then answer.

Gervinho is crap.

Fine.

Might as well have a thread about the pope shitting in the woods.

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Another shocker from him today. We could have got a decent wide man in the summer, but Wenger again went for the bargain basement signing.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 02:09 PM

are we seriously going to write him off after doing the same to rvp, koscielny, song, and now look how they're all playing?

its his first season, he can only get better (it isnt hard the way he's playing).

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Darent show my face on this thread. . .will stick to my guns but onky based on early season form, finding it hard to find positives these days. . . .come on Gerv show me Im right mate

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 02:16 PM

are we seriously going to write him off after doing the same to rvp, koscielny, song, and now look how they're all playing?

its his first season, he can only get better (it isnt hard the way he's playing).

Might as well. Gives us something to talk about. He is a bit shit though.

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:19 PM
At least the others showed some potential. This guy looks so completely ordinary.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 02:20 PM
At least the others showed some potential. This guy looks so completely ordinary.

i clearly remember exactly the same being said about kos.

now who's laughing.

Xhaka Can’t
21-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Ordinary?

I doubt he even aspires to reaching that level.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 02:52 PM
i clearly remember exactly the same being said about kos.

now who's laughing.

This, At least give him a season to adapt, he was not World class when we bought, him he is what he is. Nothing more nout less.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Was just as good as anyone else out there today

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 02:59 PM

Exactly.

But i have always said this of him this season, he will not change a game for us in this 2nd half of the season. He will beat his man and dribble down the line but that is it no more no less.

Needs to grow balls like Song though.

milla
21-04-2012, 03:08 PM

Gerv is OKish, Ramsey is worst. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
23-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Arsenal forward Gervinho says he wants to have the same impact on the club as Robert Pires, and indeed hopes he can even do better than the Frenchman.

Pires spent six years in north London, helping the Gunners to claim two Premier League titles and three FA Cup wins as well as reach the final of the Champions League in 2006, where they lost to Barcelona.

Gervinho says he draws inspiration from the Frenchman and is hoping he can use that to improve his form in his second season with the Gunners.

"Robert [Pires] is a fantastic player, very experienced, and I saw this for myself [when he was] training here,” he told Arsenal Player.

"I really hope to emulate Robert Pires in my second season, hopefully do even better, but I hope to carve out my own niche of course.

"I hope to push on personally, also to progress with the team and to showcase my qualities. I've learnt lots of things, coming to a new club, being new to the Premier League. I've learnt to adapt on the pitch and, when I think back, also in front of goal.

"I really feel that I've come on a lot, I feel really good in training and I'm ready for my second season."

The Ivory Coast international managed just four goals for the Gunners last season and says he must improve, particularly now competition for places is fierce following the arrivals of Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski.

"I'll have to give even more and raise the bar even higher after my first season here," he added.

"I'm up for the challenge, I've got lots of confidence in my own ability and I know I've got to keep up my standards.

"I may have to change the way I play, mix up my game a bit, but as I said, I've learnt and can take a lot from my first season. I'll relish the challenge and I really want to show the club and the fans [what I can do] this year."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/23/3325732/gervinho-i-want-to-be-better-than-pires-at-arsenal

Good luck

selassie
28-08-2012, 12:13 PM
This boy is beginning to worry me. He has all the raw ingredients to be a very good player but he absolutely lacks end product.

His decision making is atrocious.

I'm hoping he's going to improve because a season like last season and surely he'll be on the bench come January.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2012, 12:21 PM
This boy is beginning to worry me. He has all the raw ingredients to be a very good player but he absolutely lacks end product.

I'm hoping he's going to improve because a season like last season and surely he'll be on the bench come January.

His problem is he think's he is a messi or a Ronaldo or an RVP and tries to be too fancy and flashy when all he has to do is simple things and he'd be more useful.

He is a tricky player who gets in the box alot then he goes for the harder option then the easy one when he has a man in a good position.

Right now is turning into the black Helb.

Power n Glory
28-08-2012, 12:29 PM
We should start calling him by his real name because it's not Gervinho!

Letters
28-08-2012, 12:42 PM

I thought he looked good vs Sunderland. Fairly anonymous yesterday.
Has some skill but yes, his decision making is all over the shop and his end product almost non-existent.

Marc Overmars
28-08-2012, 12:52 PM
He can beat most players in a foot race with the ball, but he has no real vision for what he does next. Most of the time he plays it blind into the danger areas and hopes for the best. Head down and run, that's Gervais in a nutshell.

Dennis Bendtner
28-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Get to the byline run it out of play, no change there.

4-3-3
28-08-2012, 02:03 PM
arsene is so cheap, he signed gervinho, because he thought he was brazilian,for the money.:pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2012, 02:59 PM
arsene is so cheap, he signed gervinho, because he thought he was brazilian,for the money.:pal:

No he signed him cause he was a french African who played in the french league who had a couple of good seasons so thought might be worth a buy.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2012, 03:06 PM
He can beat most players in a foot race with the ball, but he has no real vision for what he does next. Most of the time he plays it blind into the danger areas and hopes for the best. Head down and run, that's Gervais in a nutshell.
Put him in a team with better players and he'd do better because most of his flaws won't be seen like clichy.

GP
28-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd rather have Ricky Gervais.

Kyle?
28-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Gervinho is going to become more important now that Theo is buggering off.

fari
28-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Gervinho is going to become more important now that Theo is buggering off.

i agree...all he needs to work on is delivering a reasonably good final ball. i know if i were a defender i wouldn't want to play against him b/c he does have a good turn of pace

hobson's choice
28-08-2012, 11:43 PM
There are obvious flaws to Gervinho, but it isn't totally his fault either, the way our attack works, does no favors to our wide players.

How many times do we see him, and Theo get the ball with two defenders already on them, with no where to go, Our fullbacks, provide absolutely nothing going forward. And when Gerv outher r any of our wide players actually make a good run, there's usually 1 Arsenal player is in the box surrounded by 4/5 of the team's guys.

This slow build up attack, doesn't help Gerv, Theo or anyone who plays on the flanks for us, and the inability of the Fullbacks to do anything positive in the attack, makes it even harder

The Ogg Monster
29-08-2012, 07:38 AM
When Sagnas back I can see Gervais and him working well actually.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 05:34 PM
When Sagnas back I can see Gervais and him working well actually.

A right back and a left winger

That would be impressive

Munchies
29-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Does the same thing all the time and is so crap, I'd swap him for Reyes if it were possible.

Try dribbling slowly, realise its not going to work, kick it to the side, get in front, run the ball out/kick it out/shit cross.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Gervinho is Crap...Water is wet...anymore outstanding facts to hit us with?

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Gervinho is Crap...Water is wet...anymore outstanding facts to hit us with?

Water is not wet when you heat it. So logically, if we burn Gervinho he might be better.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
29-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Water is not wet when you heat it. So logically, if we burn Gervinho he might be better.

chocolate brownies :bow: