PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal vs Man city Sunday 8th April 16:00

Pages : 1 2 [3]

LDG
10-04-2012, 07:45 PM
A lot of people thought the same about Cesc. He looked like a great captain but on hindsight, he looks to be just about average.

We have gone on unbeaten runs in the last 6 seasons without fail. In 07/08, we were unbeaten till about Jan/Feb I think, in 08/09 we went 16-17 games unbeaten, 09/10 we had a great run after the Chelsea defeat at Emirates (my first game at Emirates) till we decided to fold and die towards March (remember the loss to Wigan after leading 2-0 till 85 min?) then last season we were in 4 trophies till Feb.. what happened afterwards? I just do not see a different pattern this season to think it will be different.

As for team spirit- remember 07/08 when we thought that team looked awesome- Flamini, Cesc, Hleb, Rosicky, Ade looking unbeatable. How about the season before last when Ramsey's leg was snapped.. we thought after that game at Stoke, we'd take it to the next level. Remember 'Let's do it for Rambo'? I see no difference in this team spirit mentality bollocks of this season. I hope I am wrong but history tells me otherwise!

Podolski has been signed, so was Nasri and Chamakh a few seasons back. What was ignored was the need for re-enforcement's in defense and up front.

As for your last statement, No, I cannot see the difference unfortunately. Once again, I re-iterate, I hope I am wrong. I have said this for the last 3-4 seasons but unfortunately I get proven right!

We have been over all this before I guess, and the main difference in opinion is whether the manager should go or not.

I've always believed that there has been much more to the problems we've had over the last few years than just the manager. That said he doesn't escape without blame, and if we were a different club, I don't think he would still be there.

As far as I see it, it is a question you have to ask of the board. Why did they not sack him?

i) I think, as most people agree, he makes the club financially strong, whilst keeping us in the money spinning ECL.

ii) Is there / was there anyone else out there that could do the same job? Probably, but then, why not sack him, and actually do it....which would seem to point to

iii) The people that know the club, inside out, who are running a 750 million pound company, might just know there shit better than internet joe....and they actually think he's a pretty bloody good manager

You can look at Wenger and the team over the last 5 years, and I think EVERYONE who knows a bit about football, could point to the stupid, frustrating and bafflingly obvious holes in our team.

However, the KEY thing that has dissapointed me over the last few years, has been the players, their attitude, and their lack of respect for THE Arsenal.

Ade, Nasri, Diairra, Cesc, Cole, Flamini, Bendtner etc etc.

They all of them thought themselves better than our club. And despite their obvious talent (in most cases), did not make us a team that was going to win things.....

Which leads us back to now.

The fundemental principle about winnning shit....is having a team, who has strength through the middle of the park, talent when the game is looking beyond your reach on an off day, committment to the club / fans AND THEIR TEAM MATES (funny Nasri went missing on Sunday wasn't it...funny how Ade went missing when we beat the shite out of the scum)....and above all, a manager who believes in them, and get the best out of them.

I'm tired of seeing Wenger buy players for nothing, make them wealthy superstars, only for them to stab him in the back when a better offer comes calling.

I think this team, here and now, has (in the most part) players committed to the club. And that is where we can hopefully kick on from.

I'll always believe. It makes me a mug sometimes. But whats the point if you don't believe?

Olivier's xmas twist
10-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I'll always believe. It makes me a mug sometimes. But whats the point if you don't believe?

Nope it makes you a fan and thats what its all about. Believing and hoping for the best can't ask for no more from a fan tbh.

Not saying we have to be delusional and pretend eveything is rosy, but having a bit of faith in no way makes you a mug.

Özil's Panoramic View
10-04-2012, 08:11 PM
It's is rather quite simple, hence I see no point in over analyzing. For the 1st time in a long while, true team spirit and resolve can be sensed. As I said earlier, we always tend to fade and drop from 2nd to 4th at this stage of the season, but this time around, we seem to be finishing strong for a change. Whether it does continue, remains to be seen.

Players the ilk of say a RVP, are less likely to leave and it will be easier to get quality players to sign up for us for the upcoming season. We are not going into the transfer market in disarray and with talks of our best players wanting to leave.

IMO, Wenger has managed to navigate the rough parts of the sea, went close to capsizing a few times, but somehow has miraculously managed to get us to steady waters and sailing pretty smooth right now. This towards the end of a season that started disastrously, but what it will do, providing he gets the team to maintain momentum, is to give him the opportunity to aim higher next season and that aim can be nothing less than the EPL title.

Marc Overmars
10-04-2012, 08:23 PM
We were lingering outside the top 4 all season but have managed to haul ourselves back in at just the right time. We all know 4th place is the bare minimum target the club needs to meet, and the team has given everything to ensure we do it.

What I'd like to see next season is whether we can we put this sort of brilliant form together if we're involved in a title race. History suggests we stumble in that scenario, however thrive when our top 4 place is under threat.

I'm certainly looking forward to next season anyway but we must get RVP signed up ASAP.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-04-2012, 08:32 PM
It's is rather quite simple, hence I see no point in over analyzing. For the 1st time in a long while, true team spirit and resolve can be sensed. As I said earlier, we always tend to fade and drop from 2nd to 4th at this stage of the season, but this time around, we seem to be finishing strong for a change. Whether it does continue, remains to be seen.

Players the ilk of say a RVP, are less likely to leave and it will be easier to get quality players to sign up for us for the upcoming season. We are not going into the transfer market in disarray and with talks of our best players wanting to leave.

IMO, Wenger has managed to navigate the rough parts of the sea, went close to capsizing a few times, but somehow has miraculously managed to get us to steady waters and sailing pretty smooth right now. This towards the end of a season that started disastrously, but what it will do, providing he gets the team to maintain momentum, is to give him the opportunity to aim higher next season and that aim can be nothing less than the EPL title.

This, But id be happy to see us Challenging for the title even if we don't win it, i'd like us to be up there longer then Feb/March/April.

Syn
10-04-2012, 08:32 PM
If RVP goes, it's all gone. Any confidence/optimism/momentum we have built up - game over. Back to the same feeling at the beginning of the season. We don't just need him to stay for the goals, he's the figurehead of the fighting Arsenal. We can't do another transition...we have to be at the absolute limit now. Although the moaners think nothing is changed and that fans will always continue to back Wenger, they're forgetting how bad the atmosphere was at part this season. You might not realise it, but it the 'Wenger Out' party keep picking up a lot of floating voters each time something horrible happens. Not horrible like a loss to QPR after a run of 8 wins...that shit happens to everyone. Horrible like pissing away a 2 goal lead to the spuds or losing our captain, again. Van Persie goes, Wenger's Arsenal is finished for good.

Good thing he's not going though.

But if he does, we're fucked.

But good thing he's not going.

fakeyank
10-04-2012, 09:41 PM
I agree. If RVP leaves, we will be back to where we were last August. The longer the saga goes, the less optimistic I am about him staying. Wenger needs to do business asap and give RVP confidence that there is a great team around him to win trophies. If, as in the past, AW goes into a waiting period, we might as well pitch in and buy a ticket for RVP to fly to the next team he will be signing for.

Marc Overmars
10-04-2012, 09:49 PM
RVP leaving now would be worse than Cesc, Nasri et al. It would certainly be the nadir for me.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-04-2012, 09:59 PM
I agree. If RVP leaves, we will be back to where we were last August. The longer the saga goes, the less optimistic I am about him staying. Wenger needs to do business asap and give RVP confidence that there is a great team around him to win trophies. If, as in the past, AW goes into a waiting period, we might as well pitch in and buy a ticket for RVP to fly to the next team he will be signing for.

Agree with all of this Losing RVP the MVP would be a disaster of the highest. I think there is a chance of him staying unlike Cesc who bitched his way to a move.

Letters
10-04-2012, 10:08 PM
IMO RvP won't sign if we don't finish in the top 4. He's a world class player and would want to be playing at the highest level. If we do, and I think we will now, then I think he will sign but yes, we need to get that sorted early and not have it drag on all summer while $ity et al wave increasingly obscene amounts of money at him. I think he'll stay because he's got a brain (a rare commodity amongst footballers) and wouldn't want to go somewhere as soulless as City.

Ollie the Optimist
10-04-2012, 11:34 PM
the thing is with RVP there is now only one club in england he would sign for, and that would be united. the only club that can pretty much guantee him trophies.

he would have seen citeh on sunday, realised they are all a bunch of money grabbing ****s, realised they are not a team and would have seen them bottle winning everything. why would he go there after seeing them fuck up?

Olivier's xmas twist
10-04-2012, 11:48 PM
the thing is with RVP there is now only one club in england he would sign for, and that would be united. the only club that can pretty much guantee him trophies.he would have seen citeh on sunday, realised they are all a bunch of money grabbing ****s, realised they are not a team and would have seen them bottle winning everything. why would he go there after seeing them fuck up?

Think if he went to any of the top 4 clubs he win cups with them, i just can't see him staying in the prem if he was to move, this would be his last big move and i think he want it to be to Madrid or Barca tbh.

Niall_Quinn
11-04-2012, 12:12 AM
We've just won 9 out of 10 at the business end of the season. City, the chavs and the scum are collapsing, we aren't. Anyone who can't see that's different is looking to pick holes come what may. A big name signing is already in the bag - doesn't mean he'll make it here but same holds true for any player moving to the PL. Where's Mata and Silva now? Good players playing in teams with bags of cash, but they still can't make the difference. Whereas we've had amazing seasons out of RvP, Kos, Ches, Song, Tomas fucking Rosicky if you can believe that! He's playing way better than Nasri, twice the player in fact.

Things are very different here right now. There's momentum, there's a team actually taking shape, the deadweight hasn't been on the pitch for months, Chamakh, Arshavin, Bendtner, Squillaci, Denilson, all gone. Young talent is coming through, Ox is a superstar in the making, Jack will be back, even Theo is playing. When it looked like we were going to finally collapse and drop out of the top flight the team dug in and played better than every other team around them. We hauled back 13 points on the scum and have turned them into a laughing stock. Last year the same shit was happening to us. So it's different for sure.

And Wenger has stayed 100% true to his beliefs throughout. Doesn't matter whether you agree with him or not, he said we had a team here and he turned out to be right. Will it all collapse next year. Maybe if we hope enough we can make that happen. Or we can just enjoy what's going on now, decent football again, results, good team performances, clean sheets, coming back from 2 down to hammer the enemy and end their season (instead of throwing 4 goal leads away). Why not hope for the best? The signs are there to say that hope wouldn't be misplaced. As fans it's surely better to do that and get some fucking fun out of the game rather than assume disaster. Better to say we'll win it next year and I HOPE I'm not proved wrong rather than say, hey I hope I'm not proved right but we're going to collapse.

It's different now and it can be different next season and the worst that can be said for anyone who buys into that is they have a belief in their team based on what the team is doing on the pitch right now.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Chelsea have won 8 out of the 11 games RDM has been in charge for.

Some collapse.

We've seen this all before with Arsenal. Yes its a good run but all its really done is convince Wenger he doesnt have to spend this summer cos he thinks this squad of players can handle it. It clearly cant.

Now you mention Podolski and hes a very good player but hes coming in to replace RVP so we arent really adding to our squad.

Same shit, different season

We've gone on good runs before. 07/08 we didnt lose til december. Season after we went on a 20 game unbeaten run IIRC with Denilson as our main man in midfield whilst Cesc feigned injury and pined for Barca. He came back and we had our asses handed to us in the Cup semi and CL semi. Pretty sure we had decent runs in the 09/10 and 10/11 season as well just like we are seeing now.

Its not enough. it might convince some of the gullibles on here that this club has changed. It hasnt. Seen it all too often and cant get too excited about it although admittedly beating Man City was my highlight of the season cos i actually watched that whereas i didnt when we scored 5 past Chelsea and Spuds

Letters
11-04-2012, 06:58 AM
We've seen this all before with Arsenal.

No, we haven't. I and others have explained why this feels different.

Now you mention Podolski and hes a very good player but hes coming in to replace RVP

Speculation. I don't think RvP is going anywhere. If he does then OK, we're screwed, but I think he'll stay and the Podolski thing shows we're looking to get business done early this time. Again, a clear difference from past years.

cricketsi
11-04-2012, 08:40 AM
We've just won 9 out of 10 at the business end of the season. City, the chavs and the scum are collapsing, we aren't. Anyone who can't see that's different is looking to pick holes come what may. A big name signing is already in the bag - doesn't mean he'll make it here but same holds true for any player moving to the PL. Where's Mata and Silva now? Good players playing in teams with bags of cash, but they still can't make the difference. Whereas we've had amazing seasons out of RvP, Kos, Ches, Song, Tomas fucking Rosicky if you can believe that! He's playing way better than Nasri, twice the player in fact.Things are very different here right now. There's momentum, there's a team actually taking shape, the deadweight hasn't been on the pitch for months, Chamakh, Arshavin, Bendtner, Squillaci, Denilson, all gone. Young talent is coming through, Ox is a superstar in the making, Jack will be back, even Theo is playing. When it looked like we were going to finally collapse and drop out of the top flight the team dug in and played better than every other team around them. We hauled back 13 points on the scum and have turned them into a laughing stock. Last year the same shit was happening to us. So it's different for sure.And Wenger has stayed 100% true to his beliefs throughout. Doesn't matter whether you agree with him or not, he said we had a team here and he turned out to be right. Will it all collapse next year. Maybe if we hope enough we can make that happen. Or we can just enjoy what's going on now, decent football again, results, good team performances, clean sheets, coming back from 2 down to hammer the enemy and end their season (instead of throwing 4 goal leads away). Why not hope for the best? The signs are there to say that hope wouldn't be misplaced. As fans it's surely better to do that and get some fucking fun out of the game rather than assume disaster. Better to say we'll win it next year and I HOPE I'm not proved wrong rather than say, hey I hope I'm not proved right but we're going to collapse.It's different now and it can be different next season and the worst that can be said for anyone who buys into that is they have a belief in their team based on what the team is doing on the pitch right now.Spoken like a true MOC member. :good:

Coney
11-04-2012, 11:52 AM
We've seen this all before with Arsenal.

No, we haven't. I and others have explained why this feels different.

Now you mention Podolski and hes a very good player but hes coming in to replace RVP

Speculation. I don't think RvP is going anywhere. If he does then OK, we're screwed, but I think he'll stay and the Podolski thing shows we're looking to get business done early this time. Again, a clear difference from past years.

:good:

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 12:18 PM
And I and others have explained why it feels the same. Ultimately one of us will be proved right. I hope its you guys. History suggests it'll be us.

As for RVP, when a player says he wants to leave contract talks til the end of the season, that spells trouble. You'll hear all the standard BS about how he wants to concentrate on the season etc etc but what it really means is he wants to see where this team is going, where we'll finish this season, what we'll do this summer and so on.

Best way of keeping him is to sign quality players, show him we mean business. This summer is massive.

Failure by Wenger to sign quality early in the summer could be the end of RVP and thus the team.

Im not holding out on much hope

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 12:28 PM
And I and others have explained why it feels the same. Ultimately one of us will be proved right. I hope its you guys. History suggests it'll be us.

As for RVP, when a player says he wants to leave contract talks til the end of the season, that spells trouble. You'll hear all the standard BS about how he wants to concentrate on the season etc etc but what it really means is he wants to see where this team is going, where we'll finish this season, what we'll do this summer and so on.

Best way of keeping him is to sign quality players, show him we mean business. This summer is massive.

Failure by Wenger to sign quality early in the summer could be the end of RVP and thus the team.

Im not holding out on much hope

But unlike those who left before its obvious RVP loves this club, where as for all Cesc saying it, you know he never really and his heart was with Barca.

Its not really clear if he wants to go like cesc where we all knew he was going, so really if he does decide to go in the summer we can only hope to sell to the highest bidder if it takes long then not much we can do, where as with cesc there was.

Don't think its fair to call people gullibles for believing in the best for their team because you don't makes them fans who want the best.

I agree its down to Wenger to prove that he has change and the clubs ambitions have changed.

The Ogg Monster
11-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Spoken like a true MOC member. :good:

MOC :cloud9:

(Also, good post NQ, fuck the doom merchants)

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 12:38 PM
MOC :cloud9:

(Also, good post NQ, fuck the doom merchants)

:gp:

They just love to moan and bitch for the sake of it tbh.

Letters
11-04-2012, 12:57 PM
And I and others have explained why it feels the same.

You've mentioned things which are the same. And yes, there are some similarities to other seasons but there are some differences too. Ones which I don't think should be dismissed.

As for RVP, when a player says he wants to leave contract talks til the end of the season, that spells trouble

Potentially, but maybe he just wants to focus on the task at hand and not get distracted by all that. And partly I suspect he's waiting to see if we'll be playing CL football next year which for a player at his level is not unreasonable. It looks like we will so that's less of a concern.

I agree we need to sign some quality players to show ambition, failure to do so may well make RvP leave in frustration at the prospect of having to carry us again next season. The Podolski thing is a positive sign that we are going to do so.

This is a massive summer for the club and I'm not 100% confident that we'll do what we need to but I do see more signs of hope than I have for a while.

fakeyank
11-04-2012, 01:58 PM
I am saving this thread.. One of two things will happen:

- We will do F'all in the transfer market, buying a couple of future greats, losing RVP and getting Podolski.. we will be in waiting period or some other period! (Most likely scenario)

- AW will go bat shit in the summer.. get players, get a Plan B, get rid of deadwood etc etc

If the later comes true, I'll be happily eating humble pie.. if not, I'll be :pal: ing the shit outta MOC's!

:lol:

LDG
11-04-2012, 02:20 PM
And we'll all be so gutted that we lost the internet to you.

Oooorrrrrr, we might just be pissed off that Arsenal have failed again, and not pay you any attention.

fakeyank
11-04-2012, 02:23 PM
And we'll all be so gutted that we lost the internet to you.

Oooorrrrrr, we might just be pissed off that Arsenal have failed again, and not pay you any attention.

You cant hide from me, homes... :cool:

Joker
11-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Wenger will most probably use our end of season form as justification for not making many signings in the summer (he's already insinuated that) Then, when we start the season with an understrength squad relative to other teams who would have improved their squad, we'll again be out of the title race by October, and then the cycle starts again. I hope he finally "gets it" but I doubt it. As long as we get 4th place he will have achieved what the club want, and we'll continue to regress.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I am saving this thread.. One of two things will happen:

- We will do F'all in the transfer market, buying a couple of future greats, losing RVP and getting Podolski.. we will be in waiting period or some other period! (Most likely scenario)

- AW will go bat shit in the summer.. get players, get a Plan B, get rid of deadwood etc etc

If the later comes true, I'll be happily eating humble pie.. if not, I'll be :pal: ing the shit outta MOC's!

:lol: Yeah but ultimately we'll still all support the same club in the shitter so nobody wins.

Letters
11-04-2012, 02:42 PM
if not, I'll be :pal: ing the shit outta MOC's!

Why would you want to do that? You want Arsenal to fail and you care more about being 'right' than Arsenal doing well?
Pretty twattish, tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Why would you want to do that? You want Arsenal to fail and you care more about being 'right' than Arsenal doing well?
Pretty twattish, tbh.

Just shows how retarded some posters are really are tbh.

Joker
11-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Pretty twattish, tbh.

Nowhere in that post did he say he wants Arsenal to fail.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Wenger will most probably use our end of season form as justification for not making many signings in the summer (he's already insinuated that) Then, when we start the season with an understrength squad relative to other teams who would have improved their squad, we'll again be out of the title race by October, and then the cycle starts again. I hope he finally "gets it" but I doubt it. As long as we get 4th place he will have achieved what the club want, and we'll continue to regress.

When, where has he said he won't sign players and he is happy with what we got?

fakeyank
11-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Pretty twattish, tbh.

Your actions do not befit that of a moderator recently. You happily ignore the part where I said, I will happily eat humble pie if the later comes true.

I am just trying to see the optimistic view of what is likely going to be the same shit different day scenario next season.

fakeyank
11-04-2012, 06:19 PM

Not this.

Show me where I said I want Arsenal to fail. Do not reply in "this, that, where, what" and somehow agree/disagree. Show me literally where I said that or insinuated that.

I said I will gladly eat humble pie if what Letters and some posters think might happen.. If not, I am just going to put some smile on my face by saying "i told you so"

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Not this.

Show me where I said I want Arsenal to fail. Do not reply in "this, that, where, what" and somehow agree/disagree. Show me literally where I said that or insinuated that.

I said I will gladly eat humble pie if what Letters and some posters think might happen.. If not, I am just going to put some smile on my face by saying "i told you so"

Was not talking about you.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Was not talking about you.But the post of Letters you quoted saying that was about FY.

Who else would you be talking about?

fakeyank
11-04-2012, 06:23 PM
When, where has he said he won't sign players and he is happy with what we got?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2119341/Arsene-Wenger-determined-add-quality-Arsenal.html

Tell me we havent seen something similar in the last 6 years..

Letters
11-04-2012, 06:39 PM
I am just trying to see the optimistic view.
You're not trying very hard.

Letters
11-04-2012, 06:41 PM

Here:

If not, I am just going to put some smile on my face by saying "i told you so"

And previously you said you'd be "pointing and laughing" at the people who are more positive if we fail.
Sounds like you'd be pretty pleased to be proven right. Well have a cookie if you are, the rest of us will just be pissed off. But yeah, have a big smile on your face about winning the internet if you must. Well done you.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 10:34 PM
But the post of Letters you quoted saying that was about FY.

If you say so.

fakeyank
11-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Here:

And previously you said you'd be "pointing and laughing" at the people who are more positive if we fail.
Sounds like you'd be pretty pleased to be proven right. Well have a cookie if you are, the rest of us will just be pissed off. But yeah, have a big smile on your face about winning the internet if you must. Well done you.

:haha:

How is it that you fail to understand I am laughing at your blind faith in AW and not wanting us to lose? And yes, I love to be proven right- on the internet, off the internet. Dont act like you dont or else you wouldnt be online on a MB debating this stuff. I base what I say from facts in the recent past, you base yours on blind faith... despite the obvious flaw in your argument, I hope you win! I'll mail you a box of cookies too.. thats how pleased I will be!!

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
If you say so.If i say what?

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Not this.

Did you not say you'd be happy if we got beat by Spurs if it meant AW going, did you not say you'd be happy if we lost all our games if it meant AW going.

Your happy for us to fail as long as AW goes, thats being a good fan that.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
If i say what? Im sure you'll figure it out as you know it all anyways.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Im sure you'll figure it out as you know it all anyways.Wtf are you on about?

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Wtf are you on about? :leave it yeah: Don't get Dench bruv.

Ollie the Optimist
11-04-2012, 11:14 PM
wenger is a clever man, no one can argue with that, given the reactions he has got this season from fans at the agm, at games and elsewhere does anyone really think the club would be that fucking stupid to turn around and go, its fine we won some games so this squad is good enough. there would be murder. they wont repeat last summer because they are not htat stupid

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 11:19 PM
wenger is a clever man, no one can argue with that, given the reactions he has got this season from fans at the agm, at games and elsewhere does anyone really think the club would be that fucking stupid to turn around and go, its fine we won some games so this squad is good enough. there would be murder. they wont repeat last summer because they are not htat stupid Exactly.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Considering last summer was the repeat of the one before that which was a repeat of the one before that and so on, this will go the same

Ollie the Optimist
11-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Considering last summer was the repeat of the one before that which was a repeat of the one before that and so on, this will go the same

genuine question here. why do you post on here? all you do is say we will lose, that player is shit, the manager is a dick. it will all be the same next year when we fuck up etc etc and then when something happens that is good for the club you dont take any joy from it?

why bother?

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 11:33 PM
genuine question here. why do you post on here? all you do is say we will lose, that player is shit, the manager is a dick. it will all be the same next year when we fuck up etc etc and then when something happens that is good for the club you dont take any joy from it? why bother? He's a wum thats why. Some who says werr all mugs and still posts with us only does for 1 reason.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 11:38 PM
genuine question here. why do you post on here? all you do is say we will lose, that player is shit, the manager is a dick. it will all be the same next year when we fuck up etc etc and then when something happens that is good for the club you dont take any joy from it?

why bother?Im realistic

Can the same be said about you?

If the same thing keeps on happening every summer then its only natural to think it will happen this.

Id like to be proved wrong. History suggests i wont be.

Whereas you, you think we are the best no matter what we do. That doesnt prove your love for this club. It just proves you are a bit slow. I cant critisise you. I was like you. 3 time winner of most optimistic award winner on GW proves that. Well it proves i was a better optimist than you but thats not the point here. Point is, i opened my eyes and saw whats really happening at this club. I hope the same doesnt happen to you and that we go back to being a brilliant side and you never see us as the shite ass side we have become. Its whats best for you kids.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 11:39 PM
He's a wum thats why. Some who says werr all mugs and still posts with us only does for 1 reason.Speaking the truth isnt wumming....if i was wumming, i'd be defending Wenger

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Speaking the truth isnt wumming....if i was wumming, i'd be defending Wenger If you think half of what you say is true then more fool you.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 11:42 PM
If you think half of what you say is true then more fool you.So we havent had shit summers the past few years then?

Ollie the Optimist
11-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Im realistic

Can the same be said about you?

If the same thing keeps on happening every summer then its only natural to think it will happen this.

Id like to be proved wrong. History suggests i wont be.

Whereas you, you think we are the best no matter what we do. That doesnt prove your love for this club. It just proves you are a bit slow. I cant critisise you. I was like you. 3 time winner of most optimistic award winner on GW proves that. Well it proves i was a better optimist than you but thats not the point here. Point is, i opened my eyes and saw whats really happening at this club. I hope the same doesnt happen to you and that we go back to being a brilliant side and you never see us as the shite ass side we have become. Its whats best for you kids.

right so you answer my post by saying i havnt grown up whereas you have therefore completely missing the point of my post

also, you are realistic. being realistic is what you are not. you say we are going to lose every game, that is not realistic, you say we are shit and how wenger is a **** etc etc so i dont know how you can argue you are being realistic and telling me one day that i will be when all you do is moan about hte team, never praise them.

my point was why do you bother, you always expect us to lose, always blame someone (wenger) for everything, never take joy when we win or when you are proved wrong. thats not being realistic thats being fucking stupid.
being realistic is when thinking of the city game, going on our day we can win, we have been playing well so if we play like the scum game we will win this one but a draw is most likely. you on the otherhand said we are getting arse raped in htis, whats our biggest defeat in history. thats not realistic thats fucking stupid

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 11:51 PM
So we havent had shit summers the past few years then?

Like i said if you think Half and thats the key world half of what you say it true then more fool you.

To say people are wummung because they defend wenger or don't waste their engery slating him in every post like you do is nonsense.

This is Goonersweb not We hate Wengers Web.
You want a forum where everyone thinks like you and hates Wenger Simples go join one or join a facebook group then you can shoot you load together about how much you hate the Man etc.

Oliie has a right to his views without being told he is a child and he is right. All you do is come on hear and moan about how shit we are or how we would have been relegated this season.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 11:52 PM
right so you answer my post by saying i havnt grown up whereas you have therefore completely missing the point of my post

also, you are realistic. being realistic is what you are not. you say we are going to lose every game, that is not realistic, you say we are shit and how wenger is a **** etc etc so i dont know how you can argue you are being realistic and telling me one day that i will be when all you do is moan about hte team, never praise them.

my point was why do you bother, you always expect us to lose, always blame someone (wenger) for everything, never take joy when we win or when you are proved wrong. thats not being realistic thats being fucking stupid.
being realistic is when thinking of the city game, going on our day we can win, we have been playing well so if we play like the scum game we will win this one but a draw is most likely. you on the otherhand said we are getting arse raped in htis, whats our biggest defeat in history. thats not realistic thats fucking stupid

Put it this way if you don't slate AW in ever post you a naive lil kid who don't know better and still has their eyes closed and you also accept failure.

fakeyank
12-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Did you not say you'd be happy if we got beat by Spurs if it meant AW going, did you not say you'd be happy if we lost all our games if it meant AW going.

Your happy for us to fail as long as AW goes, thats being a good fan that.

You had said that the earlier message wasnt for me but you come with this message after thinking for a while.. ok! :lol:

Of course I said that! Look at where AW has brought us in the last 6 years. Other than your optimism, where are we in the table? Where are we in the cups? Same place as last 6 seasons. I said it before and I will say it again.. had we not lost 8-2 at OT, we wouldnt have got Arteta, Santos and the last minute signings. A great fall is needed to jolt AW and his bunch of cronies up.

Having said that, you carefully forget the fact that I have said numerous times that if AW proves me wrong, I will be happier than if he doesnt. Dont do selective quoting if you want to argue. Try to understand what is the whole picture... do you watch half a movie or read half a book without understanding the whole concept? I thought so...

Letters
12-04-2012, 06:45 AM
How is it that you fail to understand I am laughing at your blind faith in AW and not wanting us to lose?
I don't have blind faith in Wenger.
I've said repeatedly that he should have been sacked for last season's debacle.

But I'm certainly willing to give some credit where it's due for the way he's got it together this season and turned things around after the car crash last summer and the awful start. How many other managers could have seen their 2 best midfielders leave in one summer (not through his choice although he should have got rid earlier and got in some replacements rather than panic buying on deadline day) and still get it together enough to overhaul Spurs after everyone was sucking their collective dicks and declaring them title contenders. This isn't just a brief purple patch. Since October when we started to get it together and the panic buys bedded in we've got only 3 fewer points than Utd, we've got 2 more points than City. That shows a fairly long term consistency which you're dismissing too glibly.

Whether that will continue...well, we'll see. But I've explained carefully why I'm seeing positive signs that I haven't seen for a long time (so no, not just blind faith, based on what I'm seeing and feeling when I go to games) and I hope we continue to go in the right direction. I'm sure you do too. I don't care who is 'right' or 'wrong', I care about Arsenal moving in the right direction. We clearly are right now, I hope that continues. Failure next season will piss us all off, people like you strutting around because you were 'right' isn't going to help and will give the impression that you're pleased to have been 'right' and you value that more than Arsenal's progression, something we surely all want.

Letters
12-04-2012, 06:51 AM
where are we in the table?

3rd. A damn sight higher than we were most seasons before Wenger. And far higher than you (or I) thought we'd be at this stage of the season. Did you see us finishing above Spurs? I didn't.
Yes yes, we should have won some trophies along the way, Wenger has failed there. But if you think it's easy to finish top 4 every single year then...well, you name me another manager who has done it over such a consistent period?
Fergie. Wenger. That's it. It's not as easy as you seem to think. I've explained several times why I think this lot have more bottle about them than the last few years. I'd trust them more in a Cup final now than for a long time.

LDG
12-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Charlie :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 10:05 AM
You had said that the earlier message wasnt for me but you come with this message after thinking for a while.. ok! :lol:

Of course I said that! Look at where AW has brought us in the last 6 years. Other than your optimism, where are we in the table? Where are we in the cups? Same place as last 6 seasons. I said it before and I will say it again.. had we not lost 8-2 at OT, we wouldnt have got Arteta, Santos and the last minute signings. A great fall is needed to jolt AW and his bunch of cronies up.

Having said that, you carefully forget the fact that I have said numerous times that if AW proves me wrong, I will be happier than if he doesnt. Dont do selective quoting if you want to argue. Try to understand what is the whole picture... do you watch half a movie or read half a book without understanding the whole concept? I thought so...

1) Like i said in that earlier post i was not talking about you but in General. If you think you retarded then thats your business.

2) I know where we have been the last 6 years, that does not mean i want my team to get spanked so things will be done. I agree the spanking at OT maybe needed to happen, but i did not want it to happen.

Id not want us to loose to spuds or our remaning games so Wenger gerts sacked its nonsesne to think like that.

The board have backed him so its obvious he was not going, so loosing those games would only have pissed of the fans more and you'd be the 1st moaning etc.

Not bothered about you wanting AW out, thas fine, but when Gooners say they love the team but want it to loose so the manager can get sacked just angers me.

If it was clear loosing all those games would lead to his sacking then i may understand why you'd want us to loose.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Charlie :haha:

What' so funny lol.

LDG
12-04-2012, 10:29 AM
What' so funny lol.

You! :lol:

You do make me chuckle.

Letters to FY:

Pretty twattish, tbh.

You:

FY:

Not this.

You:

Was not talking about you.

Cripps:

But the post of Letters you quoted saying that was about FY.

You:

If you say so.

Cripps:

If i say what?

You:

Im sure you'll figure it out as you know it all anyways.

Cripps:

Wtf are you on about?

:haha:

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 10:38 AM
:lol:

Marc Overmars
12-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Charlie's Cousin. :bow: