PDA

View Full Version : Where’s the media outrage about Carrol’s diving?

Guns of Gibraltar
02-04-2012, 02:29 PM
The dive was so blatant and stupid last night, but no headlines or even mention anywhere. Compare that to jolly foreigners “disgusting” dives of Eduardo and Pires. Those were the crimes against humanity that the media had been bagning on for months. It was just like a witch hunt.
These double standards are just sickening. What a pathetic nationalism.

Flavs
02-04-2012, 02:31 PM
it was fucking hilarious so who cares?

GP
02-04-2012, 02:32 PM
He's massively shit, so I think he gets a pass.

Flavs
02-04-2012, 02:35 PM
he's also shat

Guns of Gibraltar
02-04-2012, 03:09 PM
well, I do, because our players are slaughtered in the media for doing that. it effects their play and it also effects our chances of getting legit penalties. But English players diving is just laughed off. Don't people see that it's a serious matter?

Marc Overmars
02-04-2012, 03:11 PM
To be fair it wasn't the media alone who created the Eduardo witch-hunt, it was Celtic who wouldn't stop fucking crying because they felt as though it changed the complexion of the tie. We were already 0-2 up from the first leg so bollocks to them.

If Liverpool had been awarded a penalty then more probably would've been made out of it.

Kano
02-04-2012, 03:15 PM
it effects their play and it also effects our chances of getting legit penalties.
it really, really doesn't.

Guns of Gibraltar
02-04-2012, 08:09 PM
it really, really doesn't.
well, that´s what I kept hearing from the punters each time Eduardo was fouled.

Kano
02-04-2012, 08:19 PM
i read somewhere that we had the most pens awarded to us over the past 8 years.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-04-2012, 08:25 PM
I think everyone just feels sorry for him. If we'd have profited from it (unlikely in itself) then maybe more of a fuss would have been made but as he was booked and generally shit anyway, people see that as punishment served.

Nothing has been made of Cabaye's dive when Suarez went within a yard of him either. He also got away with a shocking tackle on Spearing earlier in the season.

I also like how Sky have been pushing the whole Man United penalty stats; it's not just how many have been given, it's also about how many should have been given.

Kano
02-04-2012, 08:31 PM
james perch should also be exposed for that ridiculous drop

Guns of Gibraltar
02-04-2012, 09:03 PM
I think everyone just feels sorry for him. If we'd have profited from it (unlikely in itself) then maybe more of a fuss would have been made but as he was booked and generally shit anyway, people see that as punishment served.

Nothing has been made of Cabaye's dive when Suarez went within a yard of him either. He also got away with a shocking tackle on Spearing earlier in the season.

I also like how Sky have been pushing the whole Man United penalty stats; it's not just how many have been given, it's also about how many should have been given.
Agree with you to a point. And spot on about ManU, it´s a big difference to a late penalty given against you when you are 1 nil up or when you are 3 nil up. Sky just take fans for mugs with all these averages. Sky helped to create ManU in the 90s and so they stick by its baby.