PDA

View Full Version : is Ryo Miyaichi ready for the Arsenal first team next season?

Dicks and chicks
10-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Been very very impressed with this guy, he looks like the real deal. Was very good at Feyenoord last season and has been great for Bolton this season. Do people think he should get a chance at first team football next season or will it be better for his development if he goes out on loan again?

PGFC
10-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Needs a sensible haircut though...

GP
10-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Dunno

dazthegooner
10-04-2012, 03:03 PM
DunnoWell thought out answer ;)

McNamara That Ghost...
10-04-2012, 03:11 PM
He's ready for a few games in the Carling Cup and go from there.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Been very very impressed with this guy, he looks like the real deal. Was very good at Feyenoord last season and has been great for Bolton this season. Do people think he should get a chance at first team football next season or will it be better for his development if he goes out on loan again?

Not sure really, on the one hand i think him going out on loan again will be good for him as i can't see him getting many games here unless we sell alot of dead wood.

But on the other hand, id like him to start as he seems to be something diffrent and would be nice to have in the team. Only summer wil tell us though.

Syn
10-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Until the last month or so, I would've said yes. But since, Theo has really turned it on and looks a legit footballer. Providing there aren't many injuries ( :haha: ), Ryo won't be in the first team straight away. Needs to make an even bigger impact at Bolton in these last few games to show he's ready for the first team. As Maccy says - CC games and maybe sub appearances, if he takes his chance like Oxlade has - who knows? He might just be lucky enough find himself kept out of action like Oxlade is atm.

Marc Overmars
10-04-2012, 03:40 PM
He should be involved the CC run next season, maybe a few run outs here and there if we have games already wrapped up.

I'm sure he'll be one of the big draws during pre-season, given half the squad won't be involved until late July because of the Euros.

Cripps_orig
10-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Never seen him play

Dicks and chicks
10-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Never seen him play

Dicks and chicks
10-04-2012, 04:44 PM
He's ready for a few games in the Carling Cup and go from there.
But if he is limited to 3-4 games next season surely it will be better for his development if he goes out on loan? No doubt this guy is an extraordinary talent, his work rate is what really pleases me.

Cripps_orig
10-04-2012, 04:52 PM
....I havent. Havent seen Bolton play this season and didnt see the game he played for us

selassie
10-04-2012, 05:56 PM
No he's not ready for a starting place yet, I think he could be useful as a squad player but I wouldn't want him thrust straight into the First XI. He's still very much a "work in progress" and we have plenty of them in the squad as it is.

I like him as a player, though I think he needs another season out on loan in the Prem.

Grebbo
10-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Hell no. Doesn't even play for Bolton.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Hell no. Doesn't even play for Bolton.

He does. Didn't start this weekend but he had been playing before that.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-04-2012, 07:13 PM
But if he is limited to 3-4 games next season surely it will be better for his development if he goes out on loan? No doubt this guy is an extraordinary talent, his work rate is what really pleases me.

Eventually you'll have to see how he does at his parent club. Anyway, we send players out on loan at the end of the January so if he hasn't broken in to the team by then, the option is always there to possibly aid his development at another club.

Grebbo
10-04-2012, 07:51 PM
He does. Didn't start this weekend but he had been playing before that.

He hardly featured in the game before that either.

Syn
10-04-2012, 07:59 PM
"For Ryo's part, there has been an awful lot asked of the kid, with the amount of games he's had," Coyle told reporters.

"I thought he was feeling it a little bit in his legs at the end of the [Wolves] game. We will need to get him rested up as best as we can to make sure he's ready to play a part this weekend."

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3908/main/2012/04/05/3015048/coyle-looking-to-protect-miyaichi-from-fatigue-at-bolton

McNamara That Ghost...
10-04-2012, 08:03 PM
He hardly featured in the game before that either.

He went off after 46 minutes. :blink:

And before that he started in the previous seven (eight if you include the abandoned one against the Spuds).

Master Splinter
10-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Disgusting how Maccy uses facts around here.

Power n Glory
10-04-2012, 08:33 PM
I forgot about Ryo.

He'll have to go out on loan again. Seems promising but there isn't any space in the squad for him now and if we buy Poldoski or any other wide player, his chances will be limited.

I doubt Wenger will sign many players this summer because he always likes to give his players a chance. Still have this Campbell kid and Wellington Siilva to come over. We'll see what happens.

Dicks and chicks
11-04-2012, 01:03 AM
I forgot about Ryo.

He'll have to go out on loan again. Seems promising but there isn't any space in the squad for him now and if we buy Poldoski or any other wide player, his chances will be limited.

I doubt Wenger will sign many players this summer because he always likes to give his players a chance. Still have this Campbell kid and Wellington Siilva to come over. We'll see what happens.
Forrgot about wellington Siilva don't think he will make the cut here, his loan at Levante went badly:
On the 10th of July 2011, Wellington Silva joined Spanish side Levante for the second time. It was reported on the 18th of October that Wellington Silva would return to Arsenal in January after an unsuccessful loan spell in which the manager was disapointed with his attitude

from wiki,
Loan to Alcoyano
On January 20, 2012, Wellington Silva Joined Segunda División side Alcoyano on loan until the end of the season. [8] Wellington scored on his debut for Alcoyano after coming on as a first half substitute.

he's got 2 goals in 11 games there. his attitude problem seems to be setting him back

hobson's choice
11-04-2012, 01:07 AM
No, will be surprise if he ever plays a meaningful game for Arsenal

Japan Shaking All Over
11-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Disgusting how Maccy uses facts around here.

He's right though! not sure what Grebbo is going on about TBF
We get Bolton's games live over here (lucky us!!!) and he hasn't scored but has showed strong desire and know how to get passed his man and does so often enough......more than.

I am not saying he is ready just yet and it wouldn't surprise me if he goes out on loan again, especially if we bring a more developed player in during the transfer window but if he is given a chance you can bet your last yen that he will give it his best shot, which is what most of us want from the players that represent. It is not a bad thing and no longer commercially motivated to buy a player from Japan, we would be upgrading massively if we went for Kagawa and I think Honda would be a good fit too.....wasted and definitely off the radar stuck playing for CSK Gulag

Grebbo
11-04-2012, 09:19 AM
He went off after 46 minutes. :blink:

And before that he started in the previous seven (eight if you include the abandoned one against the Spuds).

Yeah so Bolton have two must win games and Ryo plays half of one of them and ten minutes of the other game.

He's hardly setting the world alight is he??

I'm sure he's a good player but he isn't good enough to get into our current squad - which we all agree isn't very good. How the hell will he get into next seasons squad - which we all agree is likely to be strengthened?

Consider him again in 3 yrs time.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Yeah so Bolton have two must win games and Ryo plays half of one of them and ten minutes of the other game.

He's hardly setting the world alight is he??

I'm sure he's a good player but he isn't good enough to get into our current squad - which we all agree isn't very good. How the hell will he get into next seasons squad - which we all agree is likely to be strengthened?

Consider him again in 3 yrs time.

Well that's a totally different issue. You said he doesn't play for them, well he has. And even if he hasn't played a huge role in the last two games, managers use their squad don't they? I think it's likely he will start in a few of the remaining games. Whether he can start for us is obviously a big ask (and I've already he suggested he wouldn't!) but you were wrong about his role for Bolton.

Dicks and chicks
11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
No, will be surprise if he ever plays a meaningful game for Arsenal
he will be a key part of the squad in 3 years time. You heard it here first.

Cripps_orig
15-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Japanese teenager Ryo Miyaichi admits being relegated from the Premier League with Bolton was "truly disappointing" but believes his loan experience will help him press for a first-team place at Arsenal next season.

The 19-year-old winger joined Bolton on loan from the Gunners in January, making 14 appearances in all competitions, scoring one goal and providing an assist during a decent spell at Reebok Stadium although a shoulder problem curtailed his progress.

Miyaichi has returned to his native Japan this week where he will enjoy a few weeks of rest before returning to his parent club for next term, and the youngster hopes his Premier League experience at Bolton bodes well for his future with the Gunners.

"I've improved to a point where I can hold my own in the Premier League, and that's given me a lot of confidence," Miyaichi told Kyodo News.

"I hope I can win a place in the first team when I go back to Arsenal."

However, Miyaichi was unable to help Bolton avoid relegation with Sunday's 2-2 draw at Stoke City condemning them to the drop and he admitted he was not always at his best during his loan stint with his shoulder injury hindering him.

"It's truly disappointing," Miyaichi said. "To be perfectly honest, if you asked me if I was able to play to the best of my ability week in, week out, I'd have to say no."

Miyaichi will now hope to be part of the Japan squad, which will be announced on Friday, for the May 23 friendly with Azerbaijan before World Cup qualifiers against Oman, Jordan and Australia in June.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/15/3104143/ryo-miyaichi-wants-to-win-first-team-place-at-arsenal

Didnt see much if anything at all of Bolton this season.

How did he do?

One goal and an assist doesnt seem too good

Özim
15-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Also as Hleb fans would say, how many assists did he assist?

McNamara That Ghost...
15-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Their form dropped off a cliff once he stopped starting him.

Coyle is a moron. And me too for thinking he'd play more after doing well.

Japan Shaking All Over
15-05-2012, 12:44 PM
From what I say when not watching Arsenal, he definitely plays with purpose and has the ability to beat his man.

I like that he is with us and coumd be very good, very good indeed!

Grebbo
15-05-2012, 12:51 PM
He hardly played the last few months.

Japan Shaking All Over
15-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Started 11 for Bolton PL and FAC. . .for more as a sub, would not say he has hardly played

Olivier's xmas twist
15-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Also as Hleb fans would say, how many assists did he assist?

He was better then most of their players combined. not his fault Bolton were shite and the manager would not play him in as many games as he should.

Injury Time
15-05-2012, 08:55 PM
I think he could walk straight in Parks position no problem :good:

Master Splinter
15-05-2012, 08:57 PM
I think he could walk straight in Parks position no problem :good:

Can't Korean's walk in straight lines?

Grebbo
15-05-2012, 09:52 PM

Started 11 for Bolton PL and FAC. . .for more as a sub, would not say he has hardly played

;)

Coney
15-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Can't Korean's walk in straight lines?

:unsure:

Alan B'stard
18-05-2012, 12:01 PM
got to be in the squad. Similar to oxchambo situation this year

Marc Overmars
18-05-2012, 12:07 PM
WUMger won't play him.

Merely a marketing tool.

Alan B'stard
18-05-2012, 12:26 PM
WUMger won't play him.

Merely a marketing tool. He is that but (unlike park) also quite good.

Master Splinter
18-05-2012, 03:28 PM
He is that but (unlike park) also quite good.

It's harsh to judge Park when he was just a pawn in one of WUMger's games.

He played like 12 minutes and looked okay for 4 of them.

Alan B'stard
18-05-2012, 03:46 PM
PArk is utter shit. He is our answer to bebe

Olivier's xmas twist
18-05-2012, 04:37 PM
It's harsh to judge Park when he was just a pawn in one of WUMger's games.

He played like 12 minutes and looked okay for 4 of them.

Wenger did not play Park and this is my theory. he did not want to buy him but Stan did. Once if fucked up our link with Lille to buy hazard Wenger got pissed and took it out on park to spite Stan.

Boss
18-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Wenger did not play Park and this is my theory. he did not want to buy him but Stan did. Once if fucked up our link with Lille to buy hazard Wenger got pissed and took it out on park to spite Stan.

Your theory is complete garbage.

GP
18-05-2012, 04:53 PM

Much like your face haha lol jk

Olivier's xmas twist
18-05-2012, 04:55 PM

Its just a theory Calm down why the need to be so rude.

gunsofashburtongrove
18-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Good enough to be in the first team as a squad player. Loads of pace, a bit of trickery and lots of fight and commitment. He might not be the next Ljungberg but the way he runs with the ball, scraps for it and runs back to help out in defense etc tells me there is a similarity. Definitely should have a role and keep Gervinho on his toes, who in my opinion has a lot of ability but is a bit casual in his approach.

PGFC
18-05-2012, 05:55 PM
He is, he's just got to sort his barnet out.

fari
18-05-2012, 08:54 PM
he's shown at bolton that he's up for it. i say let him have a go. we all know wenger will bring him on slowly the way he does with the ox. we'll see a fair bit of him next season. wow...ox on one wing miyaichi on the other...sounds tantalizing

Cripps_orig
23-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Japanese youngster Ryo Miyaichi believes his loan spell at Bolton will help him succeed at Arsenal and has not ruled out a similar move for the upcoming campaign.

The 19-year-old was a surprise capture for the Gunners when they signed him in 2010 straight from his high-school team, despite the fact he had not featured in the J-League.

Miyaichi has since impressed while on loan at Dutch side Feyenoord and Bolton, and the winger has expressed his delight at finally being back in north London before setting his sight on continuing his progression.

"I'm very happy to be at one of the biggest clubs in the world," he told ESPNStar.com.

"Now I have to keep working hard.

"When I came in my first year, it was a big surprise for me suddenly seeing a lot of famous players at training.

"I had to get used to it and now I'm enjoying every day. I am able to learn from every player in training because they're all big names here at Arsenal."

Miyaichi also believes that his six-month loan spell at the Reebok Stadium was a beneficial experience, and is open to the possibility of plying his trade away from the Emirates in the coming campaign.

"My loan spell was good for me as it allowed me to play regularly in the Premier League," he continued.

"It was a great experience and helped me.

"I don't know [if I'll be staying at Arsenal or going out on loan] yet. I will have to discuss with the coaching staff and see what happens."

Miyaichi is currently with the Arsenal squad on their tour of Asia, where he is a fan favourite.

And the youngster believes that improvements in Asian football means that foreign players can prosper in the Premier League.

"It is definitely difficult to play in the Premier League but if they work hard, they can definitely achieve something,” he added.

"I think Asian football is definitely on the rise. There are now a lot of Asian players in Europe and the level is getting higher."

Miyaichi will be one of just two Japanese players in England's top-flight next season, following Shinji Kagawa's switch from German champions Borussia Dortmund to Manchester United.

And the youngster believes that the new Old Trafford arrival will be a success in England, adding: "I think he will be able to perform in the Premier League. He's going to be a big player for his team."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/23/3260572/miyaichi-open-to-loan-deal-away-from-arsenal-to-further

Too soon to call him another Youth Project Failure? Do we give him another season of no shows for us before calling him that?

Syn
23-07-2012, 06:30 PM
He's a kid who seems to have a good attitude. There's no reason for his own fans to give him anything but encouragement. I look forward to seeing what he has to offer.

Cripps_orig
23-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Not his fault but hes just an unfortunate victim of the impatience that all Arsenal fans have of being fed this Youth Project crap for the last 7 years and not get a thing in return

Bergkampwonderland10
23-07-2012, 07:13 PM
He's ready to be in the 25-man squad for sure. Bolton's most exciting player last season and he had a great pre-season with us last season - he's a really hard-worker and lightning quick! Big future...him, Miguel and Cocquelin the most exciting youngsters in our squad.

Syn
23-07-2012, 08:32 PM
I think his contribution at Bolton is being a bit overstated. I think he had a couple of good games at the start but then didn't make the kind of impact you'd wanted him to. You have to remember that he is very young. Even Wilshere didn't run games when he was on loan there.

Overall it's safe to say he hasn't made the kind of impact that was expected after he was apparently so good in his short spell at Feyenoord (?). But he has Theo-like pace which means he doesn't need much else to become a very useful player.

It'll be a big test of how much Wenger rates him to see what happens with him now. If he goes on loan at Ajax, I can't see how that helps to prepare him for life in England - and he must be on his way out. If Wenger sticks with him it shows that he plans on using h because there's no other way he'd not let a young player go on loan to somewhere like Ajax if they were interested.

Grebbo
23-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Nowhere near ready. Hardly featured for Bolton.

Carling Cup at best.

Marc Overmars
23-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Looks ok from the little I've seen but then so did many young players initially before eventually amounting to precious little. Ryo deserves a bit of patience at least though, considering he's played what, 2 games for us?

He can't be much worse than some of the shit the first team regulars are capable of churning out from time to time anyway.

His chances will be fairly limited though, unless he turns out to be the Japanese Messi.

Power n Glory
23-07-2012, 09:08 PM
What about this Wellington Silva kid?

Japan Shaking All Over
24-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Not his fault but hes just an unfortunate victim of the impatience that all Arsenal fans have of being fed this Youth Project crap for the last 7 years and not get a thing in return

Seems like we can call people we have hardly seen play 'crap'

Bergkampwonderland10
24-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Nowhere near ready. Hardly featured for Bolton.
Carling Cup at best.

Seriously? I'm pretty sure you didn't watch his loan spell at Bolton or you wouldn't have said that.
Do we currently have anyone in our team other than the Ox who likes to run at players at speed and can do so while also keeping the ball? For those who may think he 'hardly featured for Bolton' here...someone has put together some footage of all the games he hardly featured in... along with his lovely FA cup goal and a few decent assists! This kid needs to be in the squad this season...him, Miquel and Cocquelin...all look the business...they all got fight and talent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhiGhqgDZ8c

Grebbo
24-07-2012, 06:42 PM
How many starts did he get at a shit Bolton last season??

tpyo
24-07-2012, 10:27 PM
From Wikipedia:

All competitions.

Played: 14 Goals: 1 Assists: 2

He played a behind-closed-doors game on 7 February against Preston North End (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_North_End_F.C.) where he scored the only goal in a 1–0 win and made his full debut when coming on as a half-time substitute for Martin Petrov (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Petrov) in Bolton's 2-1 home defeat to Wigan Athletic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigan_Athletic_F.C.) on 11 February.[18] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryo_Miyaichi#cite_note-17) He made his first start, and scored his first goal, the following weekend in Bolton's 2-0 FA Cup (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup) win at Millwall (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millwall_F.C.).[19] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryo_Miyaichi#cite_note-18) He played 78 minutes of the game before being substituted. He made his first Premier League start the following weekend in Bolton's 3–0 loss at Chelsea (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.).[20] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryo_Miyaichi#cite_note-19) He was voted February Player Of The Month by the Bolton fans after his debut.[SUP][21] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryo_Miyaichi#cite_note-20)

This thread (http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/2011-12-ryo-miyaichi-bolton-wanderers-fc-eng-thread-r.1892716/page-1) in a bolton forum looks decent for insight on his loan spell.

fari
25-07-2012, 09:51 PM
i say yes. from the glimpses i saw of him last season he seemed to be willing to do a bit of defensive work at all. i like the kid and think he should be given a chance.

tpyo
25-07-2012, 10:06 PM
If you read the thread he apparently started very brightly but then faded. Spent the last weeks on the bench. Other people report that it injury that forced him to have less game time. Coyle still highly rates him though.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2012, 02:14 PM
He wasnt even considered for the Japan Olympic squad

How good can he be?

Bergkampwonderland10
26-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Kagawa and Honda weren't included either. Most players selected play in the J-league...it's not really the same selection as it would have been for the world-cup. I'd prefer Ryo to get a good pre-season with us if Wenger intends on playing him this season which I think he does.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Both are established players though.

Olympics are for the young/very old/no hopers though and if Ryo cant even get in to the Japan squad then hes a bit shit as shown last season for the most part with Bolton

Bergkampwonderland10
26-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Both are established players though.

Olympics are for the young/very old/no hopers though and if Ryo cant even get in to the Japan squad then hes a bit shit as shown last season for the most part with Bolton

To be fair, Ryo has already played for the Japanese National team...which is better the Olympic squad or the National team? Let's remember this is the Olympics and let's also remember that our team has been selected by Stuart Pearce...someone who has not much of a clue in my opinion. Maybe the Olympic manager for Japan is the equivalent of Pearce...not a clue.

milla
26-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Not ready to start week in and week out but def ready as an subs for the first team. I'd rather loan him out to play regular PL games than playing with our 2nd strings players (ie CC kids etc). :coffee:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-07-2012, 09:12 PM
To be fair, Ryo has already played for the Japanese National team...which is better the Olympic squad or the National team? Let's remember this is the Olympics and let's also remember that our team has been selected by Stuart Pearce...someone who has not much of a clue in my opinion. Maybe the Olympic manager for Japan is the equivalent of Pearce...not a clue.

stuart farce :lol:

hands down one of the worst managers of our generation. danny rose? sordell?

maybe the fa forced him to pick them for marketing reasons

fari
26-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Not ready to start week in and week out but def ready as an subs for the first team. I'd rather loan him out to play regular PL games than playing with our 2nd strings players (ie CC kids etc). :coffee:

i agree. get him some experience in a mid table club where there's little to no pressure to perform. sometimes these young players don't play their normal game when there is a lot at stake.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Been loaned to Wigan for the year.

So to answer the thread title: No.

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 05:11 PM
is there a recall option on his loan?

Grebbo
02-09-2012, 05:23 PM
I don't think he's played one minute yet for Wigan? Not sure why?

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Let's try and keep this as debate.

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Let's try and keep this as debate.

you've been against Miyaichi since day 1.

GP
02-09-2012, 07:33 PM
:lol:

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2012, 07:48 PM

Grebbo
02-09-2012, 08:34 PM
:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 08:44 PM

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 09:39 PM
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff390/ShaneDawg021/willfreshprinceuserious.png