PDA

View Full Version : Match reaction vs. Wolves

GP
11-04-2012, 08:34 PM
The only way to describe that is comfortable.

3 points, job done.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
wenger :bow:

best manager in the league :bow:

best manager of all time :bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-04-2012, 08:36 PM
also when will he realise subbing rvp is not a crime? with 15 minutes to go what need is there for him to stay on the bleedin pitch? take him off before he gets an injury. he's fatigued ffs.

Ollie the Optimist
11-04-2012, 08:40 PM
could have been a bad game this one after the city win. we won comfortably. this is a different arsenal. five points clear of the scum. mind that gap eh

McNamara That Ghost...
11-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Good win, sloppy at times. Wolves have little quality though, like I said.

Me. :bow:

GP
11-04-2012, 08:43 PM
MIND THE MOTHERFUCKING GAP!

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 08:43 PM
also when will he realise subbing rvp is not a crime? with 15 minutes to go what need is there for him to stay on the bleedin pitch? take him off before he gets an injury. he's fatigued ffs.

I agree but look the the Opions on the bench lol.

Anyways it was a easy game and we got the points so on we go to Wigan.

AKBapologist
11-04-2012, 08:44 PM
If we play that badly against wigan and stoke we'll get the shit kicked out of us.

Syn
11-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Can't remember a league game that was that easy.

Should've took the piss and brought Squillaci on.

LDG
11-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Controlled it.

Should have maybe pushed a bit more, and been a little more professional and clinical.

Meh.

Trois punts.

Lavley.

Niall_Quinn
11-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Would have like 12-15 goals in that game which was easily achievable, Wolves are that bad.

Sloppy and lazy, complacent performance. Which was all that was needed to comfortably beat very poor opposition.

LDG
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
If we play that badly against wigan and stoke we'll get the shit kicked out of us.

Well, if we rip them a new arsehole after 10 mins and are two up, they can try what they want, the ****s.

We won it after 10 minutes.

Dennis Bendtner
11-04-2012, 08:47 PM

He probably wants to stay on. Anyway we're out of everything so our schedule's not too taxing. But yes, I would throw my toys out and throw them out well if he got injured in an easy win.

Syn
11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Well, if we rip them a new arsehole after 10 mins and are two up, they can try what they want, the ****s.

We won it after 10 minutes.

Exactly.

We've got another game on the weekend. Just play out the training sesh. It's not going to come down to goal-difference if we focus on winning games. It's not really a difficult task now. Just win the matches we're supposed to win and we're home in 3rd.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-04-2012, 08:48 PM
szszsszssssney save was turning point.

Niall_Quinn
11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
szszsszssssney save was turning point.

Good save, but if they had scored we still had 6 gears and an ignition switch to go through.

Master Splinter
11-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Pretty poor match after the first fifteen minutes. Should have destroyed them. We're far too sloppy away from home. Although, if the ref was competent, we'd have won 5-0 at least. One of the worst performances from a ref this season, and that's hugely impressive given the standard recently.

Arteta was brilliant again. Song had the freedom of the pitch to influence the game. Benayoun crafty and useful again. RVP and Ramsey very wasteful. Ramsey will score six in a game soon.

Bassong :haha:.

Santos :wacko:.

Arsenal :bow:.

Coney
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
We won without getting serious injuries to the players or them getting knackered before the next match. Good result. I'm happy even if some miserable bastards aren't.

Letters
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Quite pleased tbh

:dance:

Özil's Panoramic View
11-04-2012, 09:25 PM
all's well that ends well

5 points on top of scums now....'Arry u were saying exactly what again?

Marc Overmars
11-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Incredibly easy game, looked like a training session for large periods. Thought the red card was harsh to be fair but we were all over them from the get go. Looked a little sloppy at times but I guess when you're playing in such a comfort zone you're bound to have a little lapse here and there.

Love watching RVP play, he's so much more than just a goalscorer, holds up, brings the midfield in, assists, all round footballer.

Midfield all good again and another clean sheet for the defence. Good stuff.

5 points clear now, get in.

Arsenal. :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
couldnt give a fuck how we played tbh. waste as little energy as possible and get the three points. no point fucking around when we can take it easy. three big games coming up, win them and third should be sorted.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Watch the game tonight. . .Citeh win was important. . .if we hadnt won, Spuds would have thought they had a chance but last nights win cements our place and knocks the stuffing right out of arry and his group of wannabes.

Need to keep our heads against Wigan. . .tbh dont reckon we will lose from mow till end of season

Flavs
12-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Very professional and exactly the sort of game that would normally cause squeeky bum syndrome amongst the Gooner faithful. 3rd looks pretty solid now, beat Wigan and beat the chav bastards and we are laughing in that melted candle face yet again.

Also Walcott is shit

LDG
12-04-2012, 08:43 AM
:lol:

Walcott was a bit pants. Seemed epic for 15 minutes, then didn't make a single good pass afterwards. Everything went to a Wolves player or out of play. Couldn't handle the boos, I think.

Flavs
12-04-2012, 08:47 AM
how many times did he give the ball away??? He wants £92k a week for that shit???

Sell him to Citeh ffs

Joker
12-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Don't see why they were booing him tbh, it was a clear foul by Bassong and obviously not a dive,

Still had a shocker after the first 15 minutes though. I don't think he's particularly useful when we decide to just play a slow tempo keep ball style.

LDG
12-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Aye. He's an instictive player who plays with a hot head when the adrenalin is pumping, and we're doing well,crowd on our side. He plays well when he loses his mind a bit, or gets angry.

He's unable to rise to an occassion when the rest of the team are doing something different.

But we blasted out of the traps yesterday, and that's why he got his reward early on. That's what he's best at.

Flavs
12-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I hope he has a good Euro's and that we can sell him for a good price tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 09:20 AM
I hope he has a good Euro's and that we can sell him for a good price tbh

Idbe the 1st person to call him shit, but recently he has been good (maybe he is playing well to get a new deal) but i think it could be worth keeping him.

I can see us seling him then him going on to do well somewhere else.

Syn
12-04-2012, 09:20 AM
He has been doing quite well recently. His goal return has picked up too. His goal yesterday was top notch.

He's one of those players that scores/assists or has a shit game with not much in between. I didn't think he was any worse than any other player - everyone was playing with the handbrake on.

In other news, it really does look like the charity is getting nothing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15843897 (bet was made ages ago)

Good luck collecting that money.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Don't see why they were booing him tbh, it was a clear foul by Bassong and obviously not a dive,

Still had a shocker after the first 15 minutes though. I don't think he's particularly useful when we decide to just play a slow tempo keep ball style.

So Mr Joker, do you think if AW was to play him in the middle where he is suited he'd be better or he'd still be the same.

Marc Overmars
12-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Theo is more likely to score than anyone after RVP. He might have his off days but I don't think we can afford to lose his productivity.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Theo is more likely to score than anyone after RVP. He might have his off days but I don't think we can afford to lose his productivity.

This, plus he pisses all over Welbeck.

Joker
12-04-2012, 09:50 AM
So Mr Joker, do you think if AW was to play him in the middle where he is suited he'd be better or he'd still be the same.

I don't think he'll be played in the middle tbh, seeing as 4-5-1 seems to be the favoured formation.

cricketsi
12-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Don't see why they were booing him tbh, it was a clear foul by Bassong and obviously not a dive,Still had a shocker after the first 15 minutes though. I don't think he's particularly useful when we decide to just play a slow tempo keep ball style.Because they're twatish pub team fans used to their twatish team. Same reason Stoke fans boo Aaron Ramsey for having his leg snapped by their inbred hero. Bloody inbreds.

GP
12-04-2012, 10:08 AM
This, plus he pisses all over Welbeck.

Wellshit :lol:

Theo is twice the player.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Wellshit :lol:

Theo is twice the player.

And they say only Wumger picks shite players :haha:

AKBapologist
12-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Beyond Nani or Valencia, I don't think there's a better player in that position in the EPL. IE, to replace him with something better, be prepared to spend the +30mill.

selassie
12-04-2012, 12:07 PM

This.

He's one of our most efficient players, what is it? 10 Goals and 13 Assists this season and people want him sold? :unsure:

If we sell him, Wenger is likely to put Ramsey or Diaby there, he won't replace him or at least not properly.

We need to keep Theo, he's a very important player for us.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 12:28 PM
This.

He's one of our most efficient players, what is it? 10 Goals and 13 Assists this season and people want him sold? :unsure:

If we sell him, Wenger is likely to put Ramsey or Diaby there, he won't replace him or at least not properly.

We need to keep Theo, he's a very important player for us.Yeah but hes English so must score 40+ a season to be a success

The Ogg Monster
12-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Can't remember a league game that was that easy.

Should've took the piss and brought Squillaci on.

Bringing Squillaci on is always taking the piss tbf.

Didnt watch the game, was Ramsey any better? hope so.

Flavs
12-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Bringing Squillaci on is always taking the piss tbf.

Didnt watch the game, was Ramsey any better? hope so.

92% pass percentage :bow:

Özil's Panoramic View
12-04-2012, 12:51 PM
What's all this talk about selling Theo? Only RVP scores more goal than him and he has a decent # of assists.

Ok we sell him to Manure, SAF then turns him into lethal CF, and he kicks our arses on the double next season.

Syn
12-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Talking of stats, apparently yesterday Arsenal recorded the most number of passes in a premier league game this season.

Training sessions :bow:

Letters
12-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Tippy :bow:

Tappy :bow:

Letters
12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Yeah but hes English so must score 40+ a season to be a success

Well no, he just needs to find more consistency. In a few games recently he has been outstanding and looked like the player we all hoped he'd become. He's just not done it consistently yet but having been injury free for a while now looks to be heading in the right direction.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah but hes English so must score 40+ a season to be a success

If he is English all he need to do to be a success is a ghel, what you said would make more sense if he was foreign.

People are hard on Theo because he is not consistant enough and untill he is thats they way it will be.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Well no, he just needs to find more consistency. In a few games recently he has been outstanding and looked like the player we all hoped he'd become. He's just not done it consistently yet but having been injury free for a while now looks to be heading in the right direction.He scored and assisted quite a few last season, likewise this season. Thats consistency imo.

Keep him fit and he'll produce as we've seen. Theo isnt and hasnt ever been a problem for this Arsenal side.

Hope Wenger gets a brain and plays Ox on the left regularly and the front 3 will be feared by all

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 01:41 PM
If he is English all he need to do to be a success is a ghel, what you said would make more sense if he was foreign.

People are hard on Theo because he is not consistant enough and untill he is thats they way it will be.Well no. The GHEL thing is just a ridiculous thing created by, well me to be exact on GW.

People are hard on Theo cos they got caught in the hype when he went to the 2006 World Cup and hasnt turned out to be the best player ever as they thought.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 01:45 PM
He scored and assisted quite a few last season, likewise this season. Thats consistency imo.

Keep him fit and he'll produce as we've seen. Theo isnt and hasnt ever been a problem for this Arsenal side.

Hope Wenger gets a brain and plays Ox on the left regularly and the front 3 will be feared by all

He is more suited to the middle and thats where OX should play. if we get Podolski Play him on the left.

Well no. The GHEL thing is just a ridiculous thing created by, well me to be exact on GW.

People are hard on Theo cos they got caught in the hype when he went to the 2006 World Cup and hasnt turned out to be the best player ever as they thought.

I guess your right, but you must admit if he was french african you'd be the 1st to call him a pub teamer.

He is not someone we should sell and deffo sign him up quickly and stop being dicks about it, but he still has work to do.

He is going to have pressure on him at the Euro's just hope he has a good one and comes back strong in the summer.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 01:47 PM
He is more suited to the middle and thats where OX should play. if we get Podolski Play him on the left.

I guess your right, but you must admit if he was french african you'd be the 1st to call him a pub teamer.

He is not someone we should sell and deffo sign him up quickly and stop being dicks about it, but he still has work to do.

He is going to have pressure on him at the Euro's just hope he has a good one and comes back strong in the summer.

If he was French African and got in to double figures with goals and assists then no i wouldnt

I agree with the rest

Letters
12-04-2012, 01:47 PM
He scored and assisted quite a few last season, likewise this season. Thats consistency imo.

His stats are pretty decent, he hasn't consistently played well though. In some games he's just not been effective.
Spurs was an interesting example and was Theo in a nutshell.
First half he was horrible, he really should have been hauled off at half time. 2nd half he goes and scores two goals!
At times I've not been convinced he's got the ability to be consistently effective. Some recent games have changed my mind but he does need a more consistent level of performance. He seems to be getting there which is positive. Right now Ox looks like the player I hoped Theo would be, if Theo could consistently get to that level too then we'd be very strong going forward.

LDG
12-04-2012, 01:49 PM

Nah, gotta have Ox playing through the middle with Wilshire and Song. Hopefully this Myachi kid is good enough out wide on the left.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Nah, gotta have Ox playing through the middle with Wilshire and Song. Hopefully this Myachi kid is good enough out wide on the left.Ryo will play when we need money from the Asian market. He wont make it here.

Podolski if he comes could be on the left though

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Nah, gotta have Ox playing through the middle with Wilshire and Song. Hopefully this Myachi kid is good enough out wide on the left.

Its actually quite exciting to see we have a few players that can play in a few posistions. With Jack to come back and maybe poldoski and mabybe if were lucky a Gotze or a hazard seems we could be spoilt for choice. Oh and Ryo too.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Its actually quite exciting to see we have a few players that can play in a few posistions. With Jack to come back and maybe poldoski and mabybe if were lucky a Gotze or a hazard seems we could be spoilt for choice. Oh and Ryo too.Dont forget Song can also play there

Marc Overmars
12-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Only issue with Theo is that he doesn't threaten for 90 mins. Considering his pace he really ought to be leaving his marker for dead all game, instead I forget he's on the pitch half the time because he's quite an easy player to mark in a way, the defender knows he will always go for a foot race, so it's just a case of standing off him and timing the tackle properly.

Very productive player though and that makes him important to us regardless. I just feel he has a lot more to give.

LDG
12-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Ryo will play when we need money from the Asian market. He wont make it here.

Podolski if he comes could be on the left though

Ah yeah. Forgot about the Kraut / Pole

Hmmm. Interesting.

Be nice to see two wingers with genuine pace though. Scare the shite out of most teams.

Right now team double up on Wally, but of we had someone as quick has him down the left, we'd rip teams apart.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 02:02 PM
We'll probably play Ramsey there tbh

Syn
12-04-2012, 02:04 PM
I don't think Wenger usually likes having two pacey attackers on either wing. There's usually a right-footer on the left who can cut in. He's stopped going with Gervinho now and has tried Rosicky or Ramsey or, now, Benayoun. That's what worries you that Podolski would be a replacement for Van Persie because there's no way Wenger is likely to give up on Walcott any time soon (nor should he). But we'll see.

LDG
12-04-2012, 02:06 PM
:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 02:06 PM
We'll probably play Ramsey there tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I don't think Wenger usually likes having two pacey attackers on either wing. There's usually a right-footer on the left who can cut in. He's stopped going with Gervinho now and has tried Rosicky or Ramsey or, now, Benayoun. That's what worries you that Podolski would be a replacement for Van Persie because there's no way Wenger is likely to give up on Walcott any time soon (nor should he). But we'll see.

I thought Gervinho was injured or is he just been let out, if so best thing AW has done in a while tbh.

As for Yossi he back to the chavs in the summer is he not, so not sure why he is being played in those places.

Syn
12-04-2012, 02:24 PM
http://bighugelabs.com/output/motivatorea6f9e987b9251e880cc8364a158bca690e89b9a. jpg

LDG
12-04-2012, 02:37 PM
:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 03:19 PM

fakeyank
12-04-2012, 04:32 PM
I think Gervinho did pretty good for his first season. He has pace and beats his man, also puts in a decent cross. His finishing leaves a lot to be desired but if AW has persisted with Theo for so long, surely Gervinho deserves more chances. Definitely more than Yossi or Ramsey on the left. But then this is AW we are talking about.. greatest tactician in the PL!

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Durham says RVP was being disrepctful because he chipped his pen and it was talking the mick to a team that is going down.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I think Gervinho did pretty good for his first season. He has pace and beats his man, also puts in a decent cross. His finishing leaves a lot to be desired but if AW has persisted with Theo for so long, surely Gervinho deserves more chances. Definitely more than Yossi or Ramsey on the left. But then this is AW we are talking about.. greatest tactician in the PL!

This. Was not expecting him to be world class because he is not but for what he brings it was ok. Just wished he manned up even more.

Marc Overmars
12-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Durham says RVP was being disrepctful because he chipped his pen and it was talking the mick to a team that is going down.

WTF? :lol:

Who is this Durham guy. Sounds like a bit of a ****.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 04:44 PM
WTF? :lol:

Who is this Durham guy. Sounds like a bit of a ****.2nd best Wum in the world

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2012, 04:46 PM
He equated it to bullying a ginger kid with no glasses who can't get back up. I suppose he'd know.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 04:56 PM
2nd best Wum in the world

Though he gets paid to wum :lol:

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Though he gets paid to wum :lol:So does Wumger

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Goughy letting rip in to Durham :lol:

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 05:44 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/120412/durhams-rant-rvp-showed-lack-class-against-wolves-169659

Durhams rant

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 05:49 PM
He Chips when he wants :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Only one person was disrespecting Wolves and it wasn't RVP.

The Ogg Monster
12-04-2012, 07:07 PM
WEEEE-HEYYYY FUCK YOU! WEEEHEY

Marc Overmars
12-04-2012, 07:22 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/120412/durhams-rant-rvp-showed-lack-class-against-wolves-169659

Durhams rant

Who the fuck is this guy? :blink:

He's tearing into Wolves FFS and he says RVP is the one disrespecting them.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 07:32 PM

He's tearing into Wolves FFS and he says RVP is the one disrespecting them.

Some Ginger presenter on TS who supports Peterbrough and thinks hes the best.

He's A Wum who says things to get reactions for his show.

Though he does says good things occasionally.

Syn
12-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Adrian Durham - talksport presenter. He always talks garbage. His job is to create some controversy so he gets callers in and generates a fuss. For what it's worth - I think it's a bit of a dick move by Van Persie. It doesn't get you any advantage over sidefooting into the middle. It's like Nani doing keepy-ups in his own half, running towards his own goal. He's not gaining any advantage, he's just taking the piss. Calling it bullying is a bit stupid though. It was hardly a big deal.

Marc Overmars
12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
This is why I don't listen to radio really, I'd just get annoyed with what the **** is spouting.

Özim
12-04-2012, 07:42 PM
At the end of the day we did what we needed to do and won, might not have been a great performance but it's 3 points in the bag against a team who are already in the Championship. Job done.

Letters
12-04-2012, 08:13 PM
At the end of the day we did what we needed to do and won, might not have been a great performance but it's 3 points in the bag against a team who are already in the Championship. Job done.
Who are you and what have you done with Zimm? :angry:

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 08:24 PM

He's tearing into Wolves FFS and he says RVP is the one disrespecting them.The guy is quality tbf

Apparently he has a hatred for Arsenal. Not sure if its true or not or maybe he just uses that cos he knows our fans are easily rankled and will call up to have a go hence his show gets more exposure.

I dont take it seriously. I doubt he believes half the things he says himself and that the trait of a quality WUM. If you have some time to yourself then instead of having a wank, turn talksport on at 4pm tomorrow and have a listen

Letters
12-04-2012, 08:29 PM
I doubt he believes half the things he says himself and that the trait of a quality WUM.
True, as you well know of course.
Trouble is with that rant is it's so obvious that he doesn't believe any of it himself and he's only saying it to get a reaction that it becomes laughable rather than something to get annoyed about and react to. GSCE level WUMming.
A true WUM looks like he believes what he's saying. That's 2wum degree level WUMming.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 08:31 PM
A true WUM looks like he believes what he's saying. That's 2wum degree level WUMming.As a great man once said

True, as you well know of course.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2012, 09:29 PM
The guy is quality tbf

Apparently he has a hatred for Arsenal. Not sure if its true or not or maybe he just uses that cos he knows our fans are easily rankled and will call up to have a go hence his show gets more exposure.

I dont take it seriously. I doubt he believes half the things he says himself and that the trait of a quality WUM. If you have some time to yourself then instead of having a wank, turn talksport on at 4pm tomorrow and have a listen

He has two producers that are Goones and he works with 'the Moose' who is an 'Ammer, so he always lays in to them. Gets a bit much when you're calling out a professional footballer as a bully for kicking a ball, chipped or otherwise, on national radio. RVP should phone in tomorrow tbf.

Phil Thompson and Le Tiss refuse to say Durham's name when referencing him on Soccer Saturday. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Who are you and what have you done with Zimm? :angry:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 09:50 PM
The guy is quality tbfApparently he has a hatred for Arsenal. Not sure if its true or not or maybe he just uses that cos he knows our fans are easily rankled and will call up to have a go hence his show gets more exposure.

He's only quality if you are bored and like a laugh but most of the time he acts like a plank. He gives it to everyteam tbf to him nut we get it more for some reason lol.

Just can't take him serious as half of his callers do.

The fact he said about RVP not scoring in 5(in open pla) and we should bring back Bendtner showed how much of a wum he is.