PDA

View Full Version : last few games "Nerves"!!

Lord Nelson
13-04-2012, 02:43 PM
I dont know how anyone else feels but although we are 5 points clear of the scum, I am still a bit nervous about our chances of finishing 3rd! :(

I have supported Arsenal for 30 years and been through many stresses when going for the League titles and various FA Cups, but without sounding negative, we have been known to make mistakes in recent times when we look like we are finally geting it together!

I have looked at our final games, and on paper they look ok (apart from Chelsea) but I will be biting my nails at every game until the end of the season! :unsure:

Cripps_orig
13-04-2012, 02:47 PM
With this Arsenal side, who knows whats next?

We can go on and win them all or not win any of them

Thats the problem. We are inconsistent. I think we'll do it but we will lose at least one more game this season. Hope its not v Chelsea, prob be at Stoke

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Ashburton I presume. I don't think we'll have much of a problem finishing top three now personally, so virtually there for top four. We only need four wins to be assured of it and one of Newcastle and Chelsea would've dropped out of it by then anyway (they play each other).

Grebbo
13-04-2012, 03:07 PM
I actually think the Chelsea game is one of the easier games. They're gonna be knackered after playing Barca a few days earlier.

Stoke and WBA away look like the most probable defeats.

Win our next two home games and I think we've got 3rd.

Marc Overmars
13-04-2012, 03:10 PM
As long as we beat Wigan, which we really ought to, then I would say 3rd place is as good as done.

Syn
13-04-2012, 03:24 PM
I said before the Man City game that we'd need to win 5 out of 7.

2 games later, it's come down to 3 out of 5.

But given the way Tottenham and Chelsea have been playing, I'm not even sure that is required. Newcastle will definitely tail off given the tough matches they have.

The two away games are tricky but just focus on winning the home games (I agree with Grebbo, I'm not even sure the Chelsea game is tough. Certainly not tougher than, say, Everton away) and we're fine.

LDG
13-04-2012, 03:25 PM
One game at a time, like the boss says.

3 points v Wigan please.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Beat Wigan then we go into the chavs game with the pressure on them, beat them then were should be guranted a CL place.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2012, 03:32 PM
One game at a time, like the boss says.

3 points v Wigan please.

We aren't playing though so we can look ahead with predictions. One game at a time for supporters is surely a really dull way of enjoying football?

LDG
13-04-2012, 03:40 PM
We aren't playing though so we can look ahead with predictions. One game at a time for supporters is surely a really dull way of enjoying football?

Not if you're pre-disposed to butterflies and nerves :(

I just want us to get past Wigan...

At the end of the day we need 10 points from 15 to say we're defo in the top four....so three wins and a draw. I dread to think what a defeat at Chelsea and going to the Orcs at Stoke would do....therefore, I want to win against Wigan.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Not if you're pre-disposed to butterflies and nerves :(

I just want us to get past Wigan...

At the end of the day we need 10 points from 15 to say we're defo in the top four....so three wins and a draw. I dread to think what a defeat at Chelsea and going to the Orcs at Stoke would do....therefore, I want to win against Wigan.

Yeah but that's not what I am saying. We all want a win against Wigan, we all want a win against every team left but I don't get the idea of us as supporters 'taking one game at a time'. We're just twiddling our thumbs not saying anything about where we might end up otherwise.

Like you say, you're pre-disposed to butterflies and nerves so is a win against Wigan really going to eradicate that? :lol:

LDG
13-04-2012, 03:56 PM
:(

Gah....

I just don't know with this lot though.

Can't predict it!

Hence why I'm just trying not to think about the other games (even though I am really....)

I hate it!!!

Fuckin Spurs.

And Newcastle and creepy Uncle Pardew.

And sodding Chelsea.

Can't stand them.

Wish they'd all fuck off and leave us alone :angry:

The Ogg Monster
13-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Nerves? We're 5 points clear of Spurs and playing better than we have done for years.

We will finish 3rd, no doubt at all.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-04-2012, 04:09 PM
No probs......The Scum dont have the stomach for a fight anymore.....pussies

Letters
13-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm still a little jittery but if we beat Wigan then I'd be pretty confident of finishing above the Spuds and probably Chelsea too with their fixture list.

Fist of Lehmann
13-04-2012, 04:26 PM
If Utd lose all 5 games, City lose 4 and win 1 we will win EPL.

fakeyank
13-04-2012, 04:41 PM
If Utd lose all 5 games, City lose 4 and win 1 we will win EPL.

:gp:

Most likely outcome tbh.. that one city win is going to be against Utd and we will win all our games 6-0

Letters
13-04-2012, 04:43 PM
MOC is that way --->

Lord Nelson
13-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Ashburton I presume. I don't think we'll have much of a problem finishing top three now personally, so virtually there for top four. We only need four wins to be assured of it and one of Newcastle and Chelsea would've dropped out of it by then anyway (they play each other).

Fuck me! I am not as bad as Ashburton am I? Gonna killmyself!

selassie
13-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I actually think the Chelsea game is one of the easier games. They're gonna be knackered after playing Barca a few days earlier.

Stoke and WBA away look like the most probable defeats.

Win our next two home games and I think we've got 3rd.

Yup, I think Chelsea are there for the taking, they need to win pretty much all of their games so will come at us, I think we'll expose them big time.

I think we'll probably lose at Stoke and draw at West Brom, the rest should be wins.

Cripps_orig
13-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Hope 3rd/4th isnt settled by the last day

Our game might be televised then

Coney
13-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Beat Wigan then we go into the chavs game with the pressure on them, beat them then were should be guranted a CL place.

Plus if QPR hold them then we are pretty well home and dry.

Marc Overmars
13-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Hope 3rd/4th isnt settled by the last day

Our game might be televised then

Doubt it will be televised if as expected, 3-4 teams are fighting for survival.

Survival Sunday. :bow:

Although there's a good chance there will be a last day battle for 4th. Guess Sky would Red button a match or 2 as well.