PDA

View Full Version : Net Spend (since 2005).

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2012, 07:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OUGcU.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9202861/Why-Mancinis-wrong-to-say-Manchester-City-are-normal.html

:trophy:

Grebbo
13-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Doesn't include wages so it's misleading IMO.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Yeah, plus nobody makes clubs spend a certain amount on a certain player (like Carroll for instance). If it did include wages though, we know that 'ours' are supported by sound business practice (not neccesarily good!).

Marc Overmars
13-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Those figures are as expected really. It would truly be a wonderful achievement if Wenger manages to win the league again.

The Ogg Monster
13-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Makes the words 'Wenger Out' seem even more laughable really.

Marc Overmars
13-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Makes the words 'Wenger Out' seem even more laughable really.

Only laughable to the suits at the club. Why would they consider removing someone who makes them this kind of profit?

For me as a fan, it doesn't mean a great deal, given I am mostly interested in on the pitch matters.

Dennis Bendtner
13-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Bloody profits. Hope we'll see more upward bars one day. Unless Liverpool buy Bendtner for £30m, or something. But a summer without losing an important player (and subsequently not moving forward) would be great.

Power n Glory
13-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Just read this article.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2128705/Footballflation-How-cost-watching-team-rising-half-times-faster-inflation.html

Footballflation: How the cost of watching your team is rising three-and-a-half times faster than inflation

It doesn't make much sense feeling prideful about the lack of money we spend in comparison to other clubs. It's just as silly to put up banners about not being able to 'buy class' and other silly taunts towards City. When I sit and think about the amount of money thrown around in football, I feel ridiculous. The talk I hear about other clubs spending also leaves me baffled. Whose the fool here?

This self sufficient model means we're paying for this shit and all the people at the club that benefit from this tidy set up don't have to invest their own money. We pay the highest ticket prices in the Prem but we're not competing for silverware. We rake in record profits year after year and it gets blown on fattening up useless players wages or just sits in the bank collecting interest. We're on the losing end here. We have a manager and board that are quiet happy and content to let the fans pay for everything and won't even have the common courtesy to at least show some ambition in the transfer window. This isn't something to applaud. I don't care how much City and co pay for their players, at least the money taken from the fans goes back onto the pitch and in hope of silverware so fans can talk and cheer for a season. But it really is a mugs game and we've got be amongst the most deluded if we think this current 'self-sufficiency' model is something to be proud of.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-04-2012, 09:43 PM
That article brings nothing new that has not been posted a million times before.

The Ogg Monster
13-04-2012, 09:48 PM
But compare how much Spurs, Pool and City have spent, only to still be trailing us in the PL, it really is a great achievement plus we play the better football IMO.

Cripps_orig
13-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah it'd be a good achievement if we didnt have the money but we do have the money and its through Wengers own choice that he doesnt spend and thus we fail to get to the next level

Olivier's xmas twist
13-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Yeah it'd be a good achievement if we didnt have the money but we do have the money and its through Wengers own choice that he doesnt spend and thus we fail to get to the next level

Well it is a good achievement what we have done and we should be proud of that. However it does not mean we should accept it and not move on to the next level.