PDA

View Full Version : Dempsey v Podolski

Aida
15-04-2012, 10:49 PM
We are heavily linked with both of them, would be nice to have both of them but knowing Wenger he will only buy one. What you think ???????????

Niall_Quinn
15-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Both.

Cripps_orig
15-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Play in different positions

Get both

Sean Goonery
16-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Podolski, I'm not convinced by Dempsey even if he's been having a good year.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Play in different positions

Get both

Best thing you ever posted.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Dempsey to replace Arshavin.

Podolski to upgrade our attacking options in general.

Sorted.

Although I very much doubt we'll be in the running for Dempsey, unfortunatley.

LDG
16-04-2012, 08:48 AM
A bit shocking from me, but I haven't seen enough of Dempsey to make a call on him tbf.

I've wanted podolski since he went eppy a few years back for Germany. Top player, and really hoping all the rumours are true. Das Fox Int Das Box.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 08:59 AM
I'll get the lowdown on Podolski from some locals this weekend over a beer.

Germans. :bow:

Flavs
16-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Dempsey is off to Liverscouse for £13mil and £83k a week

You heard it here first (well, maybe second)

Japan Shaking All Over
16-04-2012, 09:20 AM

Liverpool. . . ? Jeez! At it again
we need to get in there before they do. . .83k a week? Views?

Grebbo
16-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Dempsey for sure. No brainer.

Proven PL player. Pod could be another Chamakh for all we know.

Flavs
16-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Liverpool. . . ? Jeez! At it again
we need to get in there before they do. . .83k a week? Views?

View? That £83k a week is obscene for someone that looks like David Blaine's slightly less stoned brother

Japan Shaking All Over
16-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Dempsey for sure. No brainer.

Proven PL player. Pod could be another Chamakh for all we know.

TBF Pods done a little more internationally than score against the Sultan of Persia best concubine XI

@Flavs thats a view isnt it?

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2012, 10:23 AM
PoDempsey :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-04-2012, 10:35 AM

Where would one have heard it first?

Either way I can't see it happening.

Fist of Lehmann
16-04-2012, 11:45 AM
TBF Pods done a little more internationally than score against the Sultan of Persia best concubine XI43 goals in 95 apps. Pretty impressive until you realise he's only scored against poor sides like Thailand, San Marino, Liechtenstein and England.

I like Dempsey, he has a little bit of arseyness about him, a real fighter. Like Arteta he's not young but he's had loads of EPL experience, and coming from a team where they have to graft for every point he already has a good work ethic. Scores goals, plays in various positions. He'd be a sound purchase (and further proof that the buying policy has changed tack).

Poldo is more of a gamble. He could turn out to be super quality (but not super super quality). I doubt we'd get both unless both Arshavina nd Schmack leave.

Podempski :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Word on the street is: Shitmak is on his way back to bordeux come the summer.

Syn
16-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Wenger won't make a move for Dempsey. No chance of it happening.

I'd prefer Podolski too as he seems a bit more versatile - and will probably play out wide if Van Persie stays.

Dempsey would be good but I think there are other areas to spend cash on first. Oxlade and Wilshere (if not broken) might have the ACM position pinned down in Arsene's eyes.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Word on the street is: Shitmak is on his way back to bordeux come the summer.

:pray: lets hope so even if Ach his only cheerleader will be upset.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 11:56 AM
:pray: lets hope so even if Ach his only cheerleader will be upset.Me and NQ tbf

LDG
16-04-2012, 11:56 AM

I'd prefer Podolski too as he seems a bit more versatile - and will probably play out wide if Van Persie stays.

Dempsey would be good but I think there are other areas to spend cash on first. Oxlade and Wilshere (if not broken) might have the ACM position pinned down in Arsene's eyes.

Seconded.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Dempseys better than both tbh

Wilsheres dead and Ox is needed elsewhere in the team ie left wing

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Dempseys better than both tbh

Wilsheres dead and Ox is needed elsewhere in the team ie left wing

OX is not needed on the left its not his posistion, so tibe silly to put him there, he is more effective in the middle.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Hes played one game in the middle in his whole career (i say this without knowing or indeed caring where he played for Southampton) and hes more effective there?

He played there in a game where we had no choice but to attack therefore he didnt have to worry about anything else.

It wont be like that every game. Dont think hes disciplined enough yet for that. Play on the left. We have no one else who an play there bar Song and Song is needed in DM.

And Dempseys better than Ox in the middle anyway so doesnt really matter

Japan Shaking All Over
16-04-2012, 12:04 PM

Not sure, may not happen but it would be similar to Wumgers Arteta signing, somebody reliable and with experience. Would slot in right away and would play part of a decent rotayion of players. Cant see Oxo starting every game in centre as I cant see Jack being risked 1057 games a season again. Benny will go back to Chavs and we will need cover, we have Little Mozart too

Fist of Lehmann
16-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Dempsey is plenty versatile. Against Chelsea he played up front on his own, he often plays wide, and could pretty much play in any of the attacking or attacking midfield positions.

It's an either/or however, and the łPod signing seems a done deal. That being the case, I would agree, other areas should be strengthened first. If Rvp leaves (which he won't) then Dempsey wouldn't be my first choice for main striker.

Japan Shaking All Over
16-04-2012, 12:10 PM
We should have enough in the bank to get both and Vertonghen, never the 6p generated from the sale of Nic, Cham, Arshavin. . .

It is still a hung court regarding Santos, has potential leg ststus but he is a bit. . .(dont know you finish that for me), may need LB cover?

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 12:12 PM
We should have enough in the bank to get both and Vertonghen, never the 6p generated from the sale of Nic, Cham, Arshavin. . .

It is still a hung court regarding Santos, has potential leg ststus but he is a bit. . .(dont know you finish that for me), may need LB cover?

Baines :bow: bring him in tbh.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Baines and Fellaini tbh

Dempsey and Podolski for attacking options

Get another keeper in

Vertonghen as well perhaps

A RB for cover and we're sorted

7 players minimum needed

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Best Lb in the League Baines is.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Best in the League at what he doesJust corrected your little mistake there

Japan Shaking All Over
16-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Baines and Fellaini tbh

Dempsey and Podolski for attacking options

Get another keeper in

Vertonghen as well perhaps

A RB for cover and we're sorted

7 players minimum needed

I like Felliani but he flatters to deceive, criminal defendingwhen Liverpool scored

RB, third option? as Jenko is fine

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I like Felliani but he flatters to deceive, criminal defendingwhen Liverpool scored

RB, third option? as Jenko is fineFellaini is a beast tbh. Lets see Stoke kick him around.

No, cover for Sagna cos Jenkinson as much as i like the lad with him being a gooner and all is a bit shit on the pitch and thats all that matters

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Fellaini is a beast tbh. Lets see Stoke kick him around.

No, cover for Sagna cos Jenkinson as much as i like the lad with him being a gooner and all is a bit shit on the pitch and thats all that matters

No he's not, a bit inexprienced but hardly shit.

Grebbo
16-04-2012, 12:51 PM
We need a left back more than a right back. Santos is good going forward but can't defend and Gibbs is just simply shit.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 12:52 PM
No he's not, a bit inexprienced but hardly shit.This season says different

Japan Shaking All Over
16-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Hes done fine, especially considering the manner in which he was thrown in

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 12:56 PM
This season says different

You mean the seasons he has missed loads of through injury?

Japan Shaking All Over
16-04-2012, 12:57 PM
You mean the seasons he has missed loads off through injury?

Thought he took time off to have his GHEL haircut

Olivier's xmas twist

RB, third option? as Jenko is fine

This even though i thought Yennaris did ok when he played against the mancs.

Cripps_orig
You mean the seasons he has missed loads off through injury?Exactly

Injury prone and a bit shit.

Perfect Arsenal player tbh

With any luck, he wont be around much longer and will be back playing non league football which was his level when for some reason Wenger bought him :doh:

Japan Shaking All Over
16-04-2012, 01:00 PM
This even though i thought Yennaris did ok when he played against the mancs.

Which is why I could never understand why Gay Lion was picked. . .certainly didnt help his cause with his display at John Cravens Cottage

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Exactly

Injury prone and a bit shit.

Perfect Arsenal player tbh

With any luck, he wont be around much longer and will be back playing non league football which was his level when for some reason Wenger bought him :doh:

:doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Which is why I could never understand why Gay Lion was picked. . .certainly didnt help his cause with his display at John Cravens Cottage

Yep

Wumger :doh:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Yep

Wumger :doh:

best manager in the league this season :bow:

deserves credit for our worst start in 58 years :bow: :haha:

Fist of Lehmann
16-04-2012, 02:20 PM
It's not how you start, it's where you finish.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 02:22 PM
3rd and without a trophy again.

what a brilliant season :doh: :haha:

LDG
16-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Fuckin weirdo.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 02:33 PM
for what, telling the truth?

by that logic you're a fucking crackhead.

Fist of Lehmann
16-04-2012, 02:36 PM
3rd and without a trophy again.Which is our worst finish for 58 years right?

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Which is our worst finish for 58 years right?

:lol:

LDG
16-04-2012, 02:40 PM
for what, telling the truth?

by that logic you're a fucking crackhead.

I am a crackhead.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Which is our worst finish for 58 years right?

no but i never said it was about the finish. you did.

i said it was our worst start in 58 years.

which it is.

:pal: trying to be clever :haha:

Cripps_orig
Should have made a poll

Olivier's xmas twist
3rd and without a trophy again.

what a brilliant season :doh: :haha:

No one said that but you.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 02:42 PM
No one said that but you.Ollie said it tbh

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
No one said that but you.

sarcasm.

try learning what it means :pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
Should have made a poll

About Pododski and Dempsey?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
Ollie said it tbh

:lol:

Cripps_orig
About Pododski or Dempsey?Um both...

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Ollie said it tbh

where?

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 02:44 PM
:rose: Thread.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 02:49 PM
sarcasm.

try learning what it means :pal:

Fist of Lehmann
16-04-2012, 03:06 PM
no but i never said it was about the finish. you did.

i said it was our worst start in 58 years.

which it is.

:pal: trying to be clever :haha:No.

Here's the thing.

No-one disputes that the start of the season was bad. If the records books say that it was the worst start in 58 years, then it was. Does a manager deserve credit for that level of failure? Of course not.

Only. No-one gives a shit about how you start. Anyone can lead a marathon after the first 500 yards, you deserve no credit for that. What matters is where you finish, when all the fixtures have played themselves out.

Disparaging remarks about poor starts are about as meaningful as lauding a team who led the league in September and were relegated by May.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 03:19 PM
No.

Here's the thing.

No-one disputes that the start of the season was bad. If the records books say that it was the worst start in 58 years, then it was. Does a manager deserve credit for that level of failure? Of course not.

Only. No-one gives a shit about how you start. Anyone can lead a marathon after the first 500 yards, you deserve no credit for that. What matters is where you finish, when all the fixtures have played themselves out.

Disparaging remarks about poor starts are about as meaningful as lauding a team who led the league in September and were relegated by May.

Yep i mean City and Spurs had a good start but will not really end that good.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 03:43 PM
No.

Here's the thing.

ahh wateva pal ive had this exact discussion with about 5 other people in a 20 page thread and i argued that this season has been nothing short of a shambles. i cant be arsed to go into full detail again because id just be repeating myself.

all i will say is a few months of good football does not make up for 7 years of crap and mediocre achievements, which once again is a point i made in that thread. finishing third is no achievement for me, especially as we were knocked out of all competitions during easter time (again) and the same mistakes were made (again). so wenger has done nothing out of the ordinary this season and if anyone wants to convey that we've had a good season then that really is embarrassing.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 03:50 PM
ahh wateva pal ive had this exact discussion with about 5 other people in a 20 page thread and i argued that this season has been nothing short of a shambles. i cant be arsed to go into full detail again because id just be repeating myself.

all i will say is a few months of good football does not make up for 7 years of crap and mediocre achievements, which once again is a point i made in that thread. finishing third is no achievement for me, especially as we were knocked out of all competitions during easter time (again) and the same mistakes were made (again). so wenger has done nothing out of the ordinary this season and if anyone wants to convey that we've had a good season then that really is embarrassing.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 04:19 PM

excellent argument.

edit: and may i say how can you dispute that? are you really happy with 3rd? and no trophy? and a shite start? yet ticket prices continually increasing? :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 04:32 PM
excellent argument.

edit: and may i say how can you dispute that? are you really happy with 3rd? and no trophy? and a shite start? yet ticket prices continually increasing? :haha:

Did i tell you i was happy with 3rd? But if you think i am good luck to ya.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 04:40 PM
well instead of replying with ambiguous smileys and emoticons try putting a coherent argument together rentboy.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 04:52 PM
:wacko:

Aida
16-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Denpsey scored 14 goals last season ready made prem player

fakeyank
16-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Get the American. Proven quality, just by birth!