Newguy
16-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Shocking!!!

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Garbage utter garbage that is all.

Marc Overmars
No complaints from me, I thought we were dreadful. Did Al Habsi even have a save to make in the 2nd half?

Really, really poor performance. Suddenly the Chav game takes on more importance.

Never underestimate our ability to fuck things up. :doh:

Newguy
Also I have to question Wengers tactics.

Ox playing as the DM when we need a goal is hilarious, but Ramsey and Gervinho...OMG...they are shit.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 09:03 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

fucking embarrassment.

and apparently wengers the best manager in the league? grow up you retards he's nowhere close.

outplayed by a wigan team battling for relegation :lol: couldn't give a flying fuck if they beat utd, we were at HOME against them and still couldnt string a decent attack together. noone off the bench to come on with some flair, why? because our board and manager failed to invest properly in the summer. rvp on his last legs and who do we have off the bench? park? chamakh? :haha:

sagna got completely outplayed by the mighty victor moses. and what the fuck was up with walcott? the worst winger in the league. everytime he plays we're basically playing with 1 winger and that idiot in the dugout isn't clever enough to take him off. but apparently he's the best in the premier league :doh:

mourinho, pep, fergie would have taken theo off at half time but the best manager in the league completely oblivious to the change :haha:

shocking.

:bow: wenger :bow:

best manager in the league :bow:

Newguy
16-04-2012, 09:03 PM
No complaints from me, I thought we were dreadful. Did Al Habsi even have a save to make in the 2nd half?

Really, really poor performance. Suddenly the Chav game takes on more importance.

Never underestimate our ability to fuck things up. :doh:

We'll do ok against Chelsea because we wont go into the game thinking it is won before we kick off, unlike the attitude of the players in the first 15mins of this game.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Also I have to question Wengers tactics.

cant do that im afraid, he's the best manager in the league.

selassie
16-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Horrible, not one player came out of the game with any credit. We have to beat Chelsea now, I really don't trust this team if we go into the last day a couple points ahead of the teams in 4th & 5th.

We always make hard work of a simple situation, it really pisses me off.

The sad thing is after watching us tonight I'm kind of dreading the Chelsea game now.

Marc Overmars
Tonight also demonstrated why Theo is not considered a top player. One of the most redundant individual performances I've ever seen.

Olivier's xmas twist
Woeful tbh can't say more then that. Fair play to Wigan they deerved it wanted it and needed it more then we did.

We missed Kos that was effident. Quality is needed in the summer.

selassie
16-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Tonight also demonstrated why Theo is not considered a top player. One of the most redundant individual performances I've ever seen.

Yup, he was f*cking awful, headless chicken.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:06 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

fucking embarrassment.

and apparently wengers the best manager in the league? grow up you retards he's nowhere close.

outplayed by a wigan team battling for relegation :lol: couldn't give a flying fuck if they beat utd, we were at HOME against them and still couldnt string a decent attack together. noone off the bench to come on with some flair, why? because our board and manager failed to invest properly in the summer. rvp on his last legs and who do we have off the bench? park? chamakh? :haha:

sagna got completely outplayed by the mighty victor moses. and what the fuck was up with walcott? the worst winger in the league. everytime he plays we're basically playing with 1 winger and that idiot in the dugout isn't clever enough to take him off. but apparently he's the best in the premier league :doh:

mourinho, pep, fergie would have taken theo off at half time but the best manager in the league completely oblivious to the change :haha:

shocking.

:bow: wenger :bow:

best manager in the league :bow:

Funny that seen as the whole team was shite at HT.

Newguy
16-04-2012, 09:07 PM

We need a goal and he decides to play OX as DM????? WTF is wrong with this guy???

Why isnt OX getting more minutes than Gervinho on the flanks??

This team should have won the game, but as always we fuck it up.

Olivier's xmas twist

Oh fuck off with that shit do you need to wum tonight stop being a prick for once.

Niall_Quinn
Scandalous, shit, **** of a performance. Ramsey, Sagna, walcott, Gervinho, santos need to be shot in the fucking head, out them out of their misery and relieve us of ours. Useless ****s.

Can't believe how static and one paced we were. Wigan just stuck ten behind the ball and hoofed for the corner flags. And we had nothing t defeat those sophisticated and complex tactics.

Ref played for Wigan, gave them everything. It was ridiculous towards the end, Wigan were awarding themselves FKs.

No excuses for the team. They disgraced the shirt and shit all over the fans tonight. QPR was a fuck up but this is entirely unacceptable. 6 points handed to pub teams, not close to good enough.

Dennis Bendtner
16-04-2012, 09:08 PM
The Old Boys followed by a trip to the Britannia. Bleh. That was a really poor performance.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 09:08 PM
everytime djourou plays our defence looks completely unstable and woeful. it seems he makes other players nervous around him. when will this c*nt leave? when will he be sold? why was he given a bumper pay rise and a longer contract? even when our wage bill is already ludicrously high?

incompetence management. that in itself deserves the sack.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Funny that seen as the whole team was shite at HT.

and what did wenger do to change that? fuck all.

shocking.

Xhaka Can’t
Can't argue with the result. Wigan had the better chances in the second half - with a bit of composure from Moses it would have been over much earlier than it was. Wigan are a better team - or certainly playing like a team much better than their league position indicates.

We on the other hand have to ask questions of ourselves and approach to the opposition when the only points dropped in 11 games are against Wigan and QPR.

topgun
Got exactly what we deserved from that performance,so sloppy at the back and in midfield,so many poor performances in important areas,Walcott,Ramsey,Gervino are best described as useless on the night and Song had a really poor game in the middle.Wigan were actually better than us in midfield.If Ramsey plays against the Chavs we are in trouble.:fury:

Newguy
16-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Yup, he was f*cking awful, headless chicken.

Theo was crap, but tactically you either take him off or tell him to switch flanks, as Wigan had too much pace going down their left side and as we know theo hasnt got a trick to beat his man....Wenger should fucking know this by now. Yossi, Ox, even Gervinho would have possibly been better on the right than theo as pace wasnt going to be enough to be effective.

Wenger should have made the call

Master Splinter
16-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Generally awful. Wigan fluked a lead, but we we didn't create enough and they defended well.

Sagna was due his worst game ever, I suppose.

Only Rosicky seemed to be operating properly. Poor composure and decision-making from most players today.

Need to respond against Chelsea, or we'll have put ourselves embarrassingly back into a tight spot.

Globalgunner
16-04-2012, 09:11 PM
No club can win anything with Walcott, ramsey Djorou in the team. These are nothing players. No team ever won anything with only 1 functional striker either. Wenger saw Sagna having a mare against Moses and tactically there was nothing he saw fit to do about it

Joker
This is exactly the type of match that shows why Wenger is not a good manager these days. It's easy to look good when you're 3-0 up against a dreadful Wolves side, but when you're losing against a determined side, and the 11 on the pitch are not doing it, that's when you earn your money. What does Wenger decide to do? Brings on an off-form Gervinho and plays Oxlade as a defensive midfielder :lol:

I always maintained that we hadn't "turned the corner" and a relapse was always possible. We constantly seem to screw up against sides we "expect" to beat, which suggests the players do not have the ability to perform consistently and the manager CANNOT instill in them a sense of professionalism so that we take every game seriously.

How often have you heard someone like Walcott say in the media that "Oh, we underestimated QPR" or that "we weren't focused enough against Wigan" This is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Fergie would never allow players to coast through games like this. They'd be out of the door immediately. Wenger, on the other hand, perseveres with these useless twats despite them showing the world they're nowhere near as good as they think they are.

Niall_Quinn
Can't argue with the result. Wigan had the better chances in the second half - with a bit of composure from Moses it would have been over much earlier than it was. Wigan are a better team - or certainly playing like a team much better than their league position indicates.

We on the other hand have to ask questions of ourselves and approach to the opposition when the only points dropped in 11 games are against Wigan and QPR.

Yep, attitude problems.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:12 PM
and what did wenger do to change that? fuck all.

shocking.

Well no not shocking at all, but the lads should have done better on their own.

even so you could tell they probs came out at HT with a pat on their backs rather then being laid into even RVP was not that good tonight.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Theo was crap, but tactically you either take him off or tell him to switch flanks, as Wigan had too much pace going down their left side and as we know theo hasnt got a trick to beat his man....Wenger should fucking know this by now. Yossi, Ox, even Gervinho would have possibly been better on the right than theo as pace wasnt going to be enough to be effective.

Wenger should have made the call

at half time changes were needed. ox on for theo was the obvious one. we could only use 1 flank because theo was anonymous on the other.

no width whatsoever.

and theo's gonna get a new contract this summer? for what exactly? awful.

Gubby Allen
I'll say it and say it again. We will finish 4th - and we will finish 4th next year and we will finish 4th every year for as long as Wenger is here. You can take that as a positive or negative.

But I'll tell you something. We're doing a phenomenally good job of making ourselves look like a team going out of their way to finish. We've got it sussed like a military operation down to the most minute detail. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some giant Peter Snow graph in the changing room predicting every outcome to ensure on the last day everything is done to avoid 3rd or 5th.

We drop down to 6th or 7th - and look a little detached, so decide it's a good time to put a run together.

Get up to 3rd, outside chance of second, that's too far ahead of 4th so need to lose a couple.

Last year was peculiar the way we seemed to do everything possible to drop down to 4th, this year is looks genuinely fishy.

Joker
shut it.

if speaking the truth is wumming then people need to get a grip.

Yeah I'm sicked and fucking tired of people claiming that those who are not as easily convinced by our recent purple patch are wums, or City fans or whatever. It is clear as day that we are still committing the same mistakes we have been committing for 6 years now. We do not have the consistency required to win trophies. Top quality teams like United can perform when it matters, and while they do cock up every so often (Man Utd did lose to Wigan) they do it far less frequently compared to us.

Power n Glory

We couldn't break them down and we they took advantage of our high line and shoddy 4-3-3 system.

They play a 3-4-3. A totally different system and it gives them bodies in the middle, cover at the back and danger on the flanks. Moses was killing Sagna. We underestimated them and were punished.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 09:14 PM
This is exactly the type of match that shows why Wenger is not a good manager these days. It's easy to look good when you're 3-0 up against a dreadful Wolves side, but when you're losing against a determined side, and the 11 on the pitch are not doing it, that's when you earn your money. What does Wenger decide to do? Brings on an off-form Gervinho and plays Oxlade as a defensive midfielder :lol:

I always maintained that we hadn't "turned the corner" and a relapse was always possible. We constantly seem to screw up against sides we "expect" to beat, which suggests the players do not have the ability to perform consistently and the manager CANNOT instill in them a sense of professionalism so that we take every game seriously.

How often have you heard someone like Walcott say in the media that "Oh, we underestimated QPR" or that "we weren't focused enough against Wigan" This is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Fergie would never allow players to coast through games like this. They'd be out of the door immediately. Wenger, on the other hand, perseveres with these useless twats despite them showing the world they're nowhere near as good as they think they are.

no. we have turned the corner and 4 months of good football makes up for 7 years of shite.

:letters:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:14 PM
shut it.

if speaking the truth is wumming then people need to get a grip.

Im talking about that Wenger being the best nonsese.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Fuck.

Lord Nelson
16-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Shocking!!!
I am afraid we are just a bunch of bottlers who will not win a thing under Arsene Wenger! Tactically inept! Theo! You ain't worth a fucking bean!

Joker
16-04-2012, 09:16 PM
no. we have turned the corner and 4 months of good football makes up for 7 years of shite.

:letters:

:lol: And Letters abused the people who dared question whether we really have turned the corner.

Xhaka Can’t
Can people please stop accusing each other of being retards, and even worse, City fans?

Make your points without insulting each other unnecessarily.

Olivier's xmas twist
I am afraid we are just a bunch of bottlers who will not win a thing under Arsene Wenger! Tactically inept! Theo! You ain't worth a fucking bean!

Not really. Just never turned up for this game thats all. hardly call that bottling.

Dennis Bendtner
16-04-2012, 09:17 PM
That was such a lethargic and listless second half. Really expected better than that. :(

Wigan definitely played well and did all the right things in possession. But it's not like we were never in the final third. Our play there was just lame.

NQ kept it together quite well on commentary at least.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 09:18 PM
That must be our worst performance of the season, especially considering it was at home.

Poor work rate, lost all the 50/50's, closed down with ease, no creativity and our reliable right back bullied by someone who uploaded beast mode.

FFS Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
16-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Can people please stop accusing each other of being retards, and even worse, City fans?

Make your points without insulting each other unnecessarily.

Shut it Utd scum.

Power n Glory
16-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Fucking typical. Theo has a run of games where he's scoring goals, one tough game and people are on his back. Overall l, I think we were done over tactically. Listen to Neville.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 09:20 PM
he gets paid £6m a year for what? giving bumper contracts to djourou and theo? playing ox in DM? taking ox off against man utd when he was our only threat? deciding to go with a youth project that was doomed for failure? playing bendtner on the wing? neglecting to buy in key areas?

absolute shite.

ive said it all year and ill say it again: bring in klopp :bow:

a real manager with a successful youth project :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Fucking typical. Theo has a run of games where he's scoring goals, one tough game and people are on his back. Overall l, I think we were done over tactically. Listen to Neville.

Agree.

Syn
16-04-2012, 09:21 PM
That was shit. Pissed away our hard-earned cushion.

Ah well, hoping for a good performance against Chelsea. Thank fuck Koscielny will be back. I think he would've been a lot more switched on at the back for that second goal. Arteta's injury is bad news though - 1) because we'll miss his quality, 2) because it means Ramsey goes in.

I still don't realise why Oxlade isn't being used. Everytime he's on the pitch he shows he's a class above our other attacking mids/wingers.

Anyway, still 360 mins worth of football to be played. Come on Arsenal!

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:21 PM
he gets paid £6m a year for what? giving bumper contracts to djourou and theo? playing ox in DM? taking ox off against man utd when he was our only threat? deciding to go with a youth project that was doomed for failure? playing bendtner on the wing? neglecting to buy in key areas?

absolute shite.

ive said it all year and ill say it again: bring in klopp :bow:

a real manager with a successful youth project :bow:

Shame the board want to keep him then.

Master Splinter
16-04-2012, 09:22 PM
And Di Santo did have his best game ever as well.

Mikel will score a hat-trick with three Ben Arfa specials next week.

Coney
16-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Not good but fair play to Wigan. They've taken 12 out of a possible 15 points in their last 5 games, beating us, Manu, Liverpool and Stoke. And Chavs needed bad refereeing to win their game as usual.

Niall_Quinn
16-04-2012, 09:25 PM
That was shit. Pissed away our hard-earned cushion.

Ah well, hoping for a good performance against Chelsea. Thank fuck Koscielny will be back. I think he would've been a lot more switched on at the back for that second goal. Arteta's injury is bad news though - 1) because we'll miss his quality, 2) because it means Ramsey goes in.

I still don't realise why Oxlade isn't being used. Everytime he's on the pitch he shows he's a class above our other attacking mids/wingers.

Anyway, still 360 mins worth of football to be played. Come on Arsenal!

Should have known really, happens all the time. As soon as the pressure is off we do everything to put it back on.

Marc Overmars
Anyway

Wigan. :bow:

The most likeable pub team down there.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
di santo hadnt scored in 17 games. you just knew it would end against us :lol:

live on sky on a monday night in front of millions of people and defending like a bunch of headless chickens. what an embarrassment.

Xhaka Can’t
16-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Joker/NQ - Give it a rest.

Niall_Quinn
Anyway

Wigan. :bow:

The most likeable pub team down there.

Martinez is a good bloke. Not sure about their team. Pubbers. Still did us though I suppose.

Master Splinter
Arteta on crutches apparently.

:rose:

Please play Oxo there, WUMger.

Or even Diaby.

Olivier's xmas twist
di santo hadnt scored in 17 games. you just knew it would end against us :lol:

live on sky on a monday night in front of millions of people and defending like a bunch of headless chickens. what an embarrassment.

What did you expect with dojo in the team. its clear Kos is 2 game ban was going to cost us and it has.

Wigan are a team fighting to stay in the league not one thats given up like wigan.

We just did not motivate ourselfs like we should have.

I agree We were piss poor and Wenger messesd up big style.

Ralpheroo72
16-04-2012, 09:28 PM
We started to get a nose bleed as we were so high up the table! But we will soon sort that out!

Gubby Allen
16-04-2012, 09:29 PM

Or even Diaby.

Borrowing Arteta's crutches.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 09:30 PM
What did you expect with dojo in the team. its clear Kos is 2 game ban was going to cost us and it has.

Wigan are a team fighting to stay in the league not one thats given up like wigan.

We just did not motivate ourselfs like we should have.

I agree We were piss poor and Wenger messesd up big style.

i expected nothing with that substandard piece of shit in our team but i did expect a man who earns £6m a year and who is supposedly a brilliant manager to sell him in the summer when every FUCKING TOM DICK AND HARRY CAN SEE HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY FOR A TOP 4 FUCKING TEAM.

christ he does my nut in. cant wait til the day wenger leaves.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 09:31 PM

Or even Diaby.

Ramsey will play against the Old Boys.

Honest Frank might have finally found someone he can keep up with.

Joker
16-04-2012, 09:32 PM
i expected nothing with that substandard piece of shit in our team but i did expect a man who earns £6m a year and who is supposedly a brilliant manager to sell him in the summer when every FUCKING TOM DICK AND HARRY CAN SEE HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY FOR A TOP 4 FUCKING TEAM.

christ he does my nut in. cant wait til the day wenger leaves.

The squad has not been good enough in terms of quality for ages. Now we've got Djourou, Chamakh et al stinking up the place, in the past we've had Silvestre, Denilson, Eboue. The personnel might change, but the problem's still not been rectified. If the ordinary football fan can see it, why can't the "2nd best manager in the league" see it? It's not a lack of incentives, given that he's being paid £6M a year.

Master Splinter
16-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Djourou's been fine the past two games. It was Sagna and Santos that were terrible. Although sometimes you can also give credit to a player playing extremely well, like Moses today.

Power n Glory
16-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Not good but fair play to Wigan. They've taken 12 out of a possible 15 points in their last 5 games, beating us, Manu, Liverpool and Stoke. And Chavs needed bad refereeing to win their game as usual.

We got caught out early. The first goal, we committed too many players forward and then hit with a 2nd because they defended well and good work from Moses. We threw everything at them in the 2nd half but couldn't break them down and we were still in danger of conceding because we had many men forwards.

Wenger got done over tactically and can't adjust his tactics. His only answer is to throw more attackers on. What was Gervinho going to achieve that Yossi couldn't? We lose Arteta and we're playing against a team that packs the midfield an press. He brings on Ramsey. I guy that is uncomfortable when surrounded by players and does shit like flicks and goes into panic retreat mode when under a players on him. That pivot thing people criticise Rosifky for, Ramsey needs to learn that shit becaue it shields the ball and enables him to find the good pass.

Wingbacks bombing forward while they play 3-4-3 and we've got Dodo at the back while Vermealen goes bombing forward. Just a recipe for disaster really. It's not as if we haven't lost to Wigan before.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:37 PM
i expected nothing with that substandard piece of shit in our team but i did expect a man who earns £6m a year and who is supposedly a brilliant manager to sell him in the summer when every FUCKING TOM DICK AND HARRY CAN SEE HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY FOR A TOP 4 FUCKING TEAM.christ he does my nut in. cant wait til the day wenger leaves.

Nah he never needed to be sold and is ok as a sqaud Player problem is he should be like 5th choice. Had merts not got injured JD would never have played.

But he should be sold this summer.

Gubby Allen
16-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Djourou's been fine the past two games. It was Sagna and Santos that were terrible. Although sometimes you can also give credit to a player playing extremely well, like Moses today.

As John Motson called him throughout the night on 5 live, Remi Moses. :bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 09:38 PM

its no coincidence as soon as hes been put back into the team we're all over the place.

he just breeds nerves into the defence. sagna looks completely uncomfortable playing near him, almost as if he doesn't trust him (dont blame him tbh). and vermaelen has not built up a decent defensive relationship with him so completely unbalances our defense.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:39 PM
The squad has not been good enough in terms of quality for ages. Now we've got Djourou, Chamakh et al stinking up the place, in the past we've had Silvestre, Denilson, Eboue. The personnel might change, but the problem's still not been rectified. If the ordinary football fan can see it, why can't the "2nd best manager in the league" see it? It's not a lack of incentives, given that he's being paid £6M a year.

What he gets paid has not to do with anything does it come out your pocket so why should ot bother you?

End of the day if the board are happy to pay him that much its their money their problem.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Nah he never needed to be sold and is ok as a sqaud Player problem is he should be like 5th choice. Had merts not got injured JD would never have played.

But he should be sold this summer.

wrong.

not good enough. end of.

i bet you're the type of fan who thought signing silvestre was 'genius' because he has 'vital experience' and speaks french :lol:

wenger :lol:

mug :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:43 PM
wrong.

not good enough. end of.
i bet you're the type of fan who thought signing silvestre was 'genius' because he has 'vital experience' and speaks french :lol:

wenger :lol:

mug :haha:

This season yes, last season he was not that bad.

and not i did not think sigining Silvestre was genius. but he was useful some of the time to us. but no i did not want him.

Ollie the Optimist
16-04-2012, 09:46 PM
we were shit tonight, in fact we were fucking awful, only player who gets any credit is rosicky. shows how vital kos and arteta are tonight i thought.

but we have taken 27 points out of 33 since the united defeat. not exactly a bad run. two fuck ups yes, but we lost against qpr and thrashed city. lets hope that happens again with the chavs.

awful performance but lets forget and move on.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:47 PM
we were shit tonight, in fact we were fucking awful, only player who gets any credit is rosicky. shows how vital kos and arteta are tonight i thought.

but we have taken 27 points out of 33 since the united defeat. not exactly a bad run. two fuck ups yes, but we lost against qpr and thrashed city. lets hope that happens again with the chavs.

:gp:

too much Knee jerk on this fourm.

Niall_Quinn
16-04-2012, 09:47 PM

Arteta with "bad" injury according to Wenger.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 09:49 PM
This season yes, last season he was not that bad.

wtf :doh:

whats last season got to do with tonight? and our performances this season? he's fucking shite and the longer we have players like him in our team we ain't going nowhere pal. gone severely downhill and the only bit of good form he's ever had at arsenal was a complete one off.

senderos was immense in 2005, would you have him at arsenal now?

Ollie the Optimist
16-04-2012, 09:49 PM

he is just lulling the chavs into a false sense of security. brilliant mind games from the master

i hope :(

Gubby Allen
16-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Wenger just said in his interview that we started well.

Ollie the Optimist
16-04-2012, 09:53 PM

he also said, we defended poorly for the first and second goal.

both his statements are correct

Gubby Allen
Arteta is 3rd on the MOTM poll on the Arsenal website.:bow:

Olivier's xmas twist

FFS.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:56 PM
wtf :doh:

whats last season got to do with tonight? and our performances this season? he's fucking shite and the longer we have players like him in our team we ain't going nowhere pal. gone severely downhill and the only bit of good form he's ever had at arsenal was a complete one off.

senderos was immense in 2005, would you have him at arsenal now?

You siad we should have sold him in the summer, all i was saying was he was ok for CC games to play in or be be th choice.

Never said he was world class and should play every game did i.

How do you know we never tried to sell him and nobody wanted him because he is usless has u say.

Gubby Allen
16-04-2012, 09:56 PM
he also said, we defended poorly for the first and second goal.

both his statements are correct

Defending poorly for a second goal condeded after 8 minutes doesn't suggest that you've started too well.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:57 PM

Well we did it was only till Sagna behaved like a tit things went south.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 09:58 PM

too many fickle twits on this forum.

Nothing to do with being fickle. Fans have voiced plenty of lingering concerns about this team and unfortunatley the team has done nothing to ally those fears tonight.

Dennis Bendtner
16-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Wilshere will not play again this season.

I AM SHOCKED.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Wilshere will not play again this season.

I AM SHOCKED.

Out of the Euros's FFS.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Nothing to do with being fickle. Fans have voiced plenty of lingering concerns about this team and unfortunatley the team has done nothing to ally those fears tonight.

Not all fans but when we were on the run we had fans who were giving it the large then when we loose 1 game were shit again.

at least the likes of FY/ACH/ZIMM and yourself have been consistant.

Dennis Bendtner
16-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Out of the Euros's FFS.

We've definitely killed him. More depressing than tonight's result.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 10:09 PM

Indeed. :rose:

I bet he won't be ready for pre-season training. Infact I bet he won't even be fit for the first game of next season.

Gubby Allen
16-04-2012, 10:09 PM

I think fickle is the last word I would use. The posts by most people are exactly the same ones they've made in any April in the last 4 years.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 10:10 PM
:haha: the irony.

if we complain when arsenal win we're told to 'lighten up and enjoy the result'.

but if we enjoy a win we're told we're fickle.

:doh:

Underhill and over Grove
16-04-2012, 10:10 PM
And what with Gervinho yet to return from the ACON we are looking very short of options in midfield.

Hobble forward, Abou Diaby!

Gubby Allen
16-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Out of the Euros's FFS.

Jack :bow: Our Olympian

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:11 PM

Our medical team is woeful. Now he'll be won't be fit for pre season.

Quality has to be bought No excues as far as im concered.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:12 PM
And what with Gervinho yet to return from the ACON we are looking very short of options in midfield.

Hobble forward, Abou Diaby!

:lol:

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2012, 10:12 PM
:haha: the irony.

if we complain when arsenal win we're told to 'lighten up and enjoy the result'.

:doh:I think it's the more the fact that when we loose, we become absolute shit and the worst team/ manager ever, that your called fickle.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 10:14 PM
I think it's the more the fact that when we loose, we become absolute shit and the worst team/ manager ever, that your called fickle.

when we play like absolute shit what do you expect us to say? that we played amazing? idiot.

Letters
16-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Bugger.

I thought first half we did OK. Well, we gave them a 2 goal lead which wasn't very helpful :doh: but after that we did OK, their 'keeper made some good saves and we were a bit unlucky to go in behind. When we got the goal back I was pretty confident we'd get something.

2nd half was very disappointing, we just didn't come out and do enough. Their 'keeper didn't make a save as far as I remember all half, if anything Wigan had the better chances. Not good enough.

The first goal particularly annoyed me. It was our corner and ever single Wigan player was back defending. There's just no way they should be scoring on the break from that position.

Ah well, on we go. Hopefully the Chavs won't get a thumping on Wednesday and will have one eye on the return leg vs Barca and we can get a result. Important game for us now, that one.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 10:15 PM
I can't wait to see the back of this season, just praying we get 3rd sorted ASAP.

If we don't beat Chelsea things will get very tight if results go against us. The following fixture is Stoke away, not exactly the best place for us to go needing to win.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:18 PM
I think it's the more the fact that when we loose, we become absolute shit and the worst team/ manager ever, that your called fickle.

Yep so much Knee jerk its unreal.

Ollie the Optimist
16-04-2012, 10:18 PM
when we play like absolute shit what do you expect us to say? that we played amazing? idiot.

no of course not.

but every time we win you go, meh we still should have cured cancer while winning its not good enough

as soon as we lose, you go, SACK THE FUCKING LOT OF THEM, WENGER IS A ****, I WISH HE HAD NEVER BEEN BORN AND HE COULD NEVER DO THIS TO US etc.

we have won more points since october then anyone else bar united, have won 9 out of the last 11 games, have beaten big sides there too, won difficult games as well, sunderland and everton away being them. united have lost games because they have had an off day, blackburn at home, wigan, newcastle etc. it happens. in the last few months we have been amazing, this is just an off day. forget move on

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:19 PM
I can't wait to see the back of this season, just praying we get 3rd sorted ASAP. If we don't beat Chelsea things will get very tight if results go against us. The following fixture is Stoke away, not exactly the best place for us to go needing to win.

Same don't care about perfomances any more just the points.

Then bring on the Euro's tbh.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 10:21 PM
no of course not.

but every time we win you go, meh we still should have cured cancer while winning its not good enough

as soon as we lose, you go, SACK THE FUCKING LOT OF THEM, WENGER IS A ****, I WISH HE HAD NEVER BEEN BORN AND HE COULD NEVER DO THIS TO US etc.

we have won more points since october then anyone else bar united, have won 9 out of the last 11 games, have beaten big sides there too, won difficult games as well, sunderland and everton away being them. united have lost games because they have had an off day, blackburn at home, wigan, newcastle etc. it happens. in the last few months we have been amazing, this is just an off day. forget move on

what do?

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2012, 10:22 PM
There really is no point in moaning about the shit players we have, we knew we had them at the start of the season and we know we're stuck with them until the transfer window opens. No point in going over old ground continuously.

What we do know however is that it seems that we are lining up some quality players to buy this summer and we may have a pretty decent team next season.

Yes this result is bloody annoying and it's frustrating when we don't play as well as we can and drop points, but ffs it wasn't going to be a walk in the park tonight and your fucking kidding yourselves if you thought otherwise. The only downside is we threw the game away ourselves and that is what is annoying.

We have lost 2 games in the last 11 which isnt bad going, and the arsenal of previous years would have lost a lot more in this period. We can't win every game for christs sake and there are going to be fuck ups every now and then. I bet we go and beat the chavs on Sunday, then there is only 3 games left.

We all pretty much wrote this season off at the start of it. We were 17th at one point and didn't look like getting into the top 10. Let's put things into perspective a bit.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:23 PM

what do?

Find another forum if you aint happy its not hard.

Letters
16-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Are you? Really? I don't recall anyone saying that.

We're not THE WORST TEAM EVER, EVER, EVER. And we're not the bestest team ever either.
Wenger is not THE BEST MANAGER IN FOOTBALL HISTORY. And he's not a bumbling idiot either.

Why does it always have to be so extreme.

Tonight was a crap performance and a crap result. We need to pick it up for the next one. Hopefully Chelsea will be pre-occupied with the cups and we can get a result then.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Find another forum if you aint happy its not hard.

when did i say i wasnt happy?

you have this incredible nack of making things up to suit your argument. well played.

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2012, 10:25 PM
when we play like absolute shit what do you expect us to say? that we played amazing? idiot.What's wrong with you? Can't you have a discussion without resorting to insults?

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:26 PM
when did i say i wasnt happy?

you have this incredible nack of making things up to suit your argument. well played.

That makes 2 of us then.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:27 PM
What's wrong with you? Can't you have a discussion without resorting to insults?

wait for it.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Are you? Really? I don't recall anyone saying that.

too many fickle twits on this forum.

he did.

:haha: :pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:28 PM
he did.

:haha: :pal:

Did i call you fickle you ididot.

Fats
16-04-2012, 10:31 PM
lazy unintelligent ****s

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2012, 10:31 PM
There really is no point in moaning about the shit players we have, we knew we had them at the start of the season and we know we're stuck with them until the transfer window opens. No point in going over old ground continuously.

What we do know however is that it seems that we are lining up some quality players to buy this summer and we may have a pretty decent team next season.

Yes this result is bloody annoying and it's frustrating when we don't play as well as we can and drop points, but ffs it wasn't going to be a walk in the park tonight and your fucking kidding yourselves if you thought otherwise. The only downside is we threw the game away ourselves and that is what is annoying.

We have lost 2 games in the last 11 which isnt bad going, and the arsenal of previous years would have lost a lot more in this period. We can't win every game for christs sake and there are going to be fuck ups every now and then. I bet we go and beat the chavs on Sunday, then there is only 3 games left.

We all pretty much wrote this season off at the start of it. We were 17th at one point and didn't look like getting into the top 10. Let's put things into perspective a bit.

Letters
16-04-2012, 10:32 PM
he did.

In which thread? I didn't see that post. I've not seen anyone say that 'for enjoying a win'.
People have generally been (rightly) called fickle for, say, massively over-reacting to the QPR result which was our first loss after 7 straight wins.

BOBN
16-04-2012, 10:37 PM
and theo's gonna get a new contract this summer? for what exactly? awful.
for being our most important attacking threat bar RVP this season.

stop crying like a woman.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-04-2012, 10:39 PM
haven't been this pissed off with a result since we lost to Ipswich at Portman Road in the semi final of the carling cup first leg......as cross as i was with the 8-2 at least understandable considering we had a decimated squad. It wasn't even the two suicidal goals we conceded, they came in the first ten minutes with no offence to Wigan Athletic we should have had no problem coming back from that and to be honest up till the half hour mark it seemed almost inevitable that's what we would do....the fact is from then onwards they probably looked more likely to increase their lead for all our possession. Ramsey I have no problem with him personally, but it's clear since his injury in 2010 he's no longer good enough for us he has virtually no pace and his passing is atrocious, and with Arteta's injury I strongly believe we are facing an uphill battle to finish in the top four.
The truth is we have been over relying on Van Persie for goals, that well has dried up and we don't have anyone who can ease the burden on him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 10:39 PM
for being our most important attacking threat bar RVP this season.

stop crying like a woman.

statinho :lol:

and wenger introduced steroids to english football

:haha:

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Just want this season to end and end now.

Its been a shocking season, very few high points and even those werent even that high.

Our performances against relegation threatened Pub Teams has been nothing short of diabolical

Losses to Wigan, Blackburn and QPR and draws v Bolton and Wolves. Have not done the double over any of the 5 and its pathetic. Our so called world class manager has been out-thought by 5 Pub Team managers.

Thank you Wenger for what you did from 1996-2005 but thats the past and we are living in the present and we are as bad as it gets. If we want any sort of future, please leave and take the majority of these worthless players with you.

Power n Glory
16-04-2012, 10:49 PM

When you lose a game like that, I don't think you can pin it all on the players and hope that a few new signings in the summer will fix things. This was tactical and in most cases, that has always been the problem. When a team nullifies our attacks like that everyone on the field bar one or two of players look like their having a mare, something is seriously up with our tactics and preparation for the match. I don't think it was lazy performance or that we treated it like a training session, we just got caught out early and couldn't find our way back into the game. They were a well drilled team in from. That has always been Wenger's problem. He's a terrible tactician.

Plays like Ramsey and Djourou habing mares...it's expected. But when your strongest performers and most consistent players struggle to break a team down, then the manager has to come up with something. All he does is eff and moan at the 4th official instead of shouting instructions at his players. In the 2nd half he said we lacked patience and rushed things in the final third. That's good assessment but what is Wenger doing about it? That's his downfall and ours and it will continue to be if he doesn't sharpen up. Individual brilliance can only get you so far and we were beaten today be a well drilled team. Martinez has his system set up and knew how to play against us. He's not the first manager to out fox Wenger.

BOBN
16-04-2012, 10:50 PM
statinho :lol:

and wenger introduced steroids to english football

:haha:you still posting?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon

Gubby Allen

Marc Overmars

Niall_Quinn

Newguy

Joker

Master Splinter

Jeebus

ollie the optimist

Dennis Bendtner

GB.

Power_n_Glory

Letters

selassie

BOBN

Syn

Lord Nelson

Coney

Ralpheroo72

topgun

Globalgunner

Underhill and over Grove

McNamara That Ghost...
time for bed friend

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:55 PM

Its been a shocking season, very few high points and even those werent even that high.

Our performances against relegation threatened Pub Teams has been nothing short of diabolical

Losses to Wigan, Blackburn and QPR and draws v Bolton and Wolves. Have not done the double over any of the 5 and its pathetic. Our so called world class manager has been out-thought by 5 Pub Team managers.

Thank you Wenger for what you did from 1996-2005 but thats the past and we are living in the present and we are as bad as it gets. If we want any sort of future, please leave and take the majority of these worthless players with you.

Not really, we did not loose today game because Martinez out smarted wenger or QPR we lost it because we were utter shite and never turned up.

And i hope you include Theo in your worthless players thing, he was aboutas useful as chocolate tea pot today.

85 K a week :lol:

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Not really, we did not loose today game because Martinez out smarted wenger or QPR we lost it because we were utter shite and never turned up.

He did get the better of Wenger though. That 2nd half is arguably the most blunt I've seen us going forward this season. You had Wigan defenders passing their way out of trouble because there was little pressure applied from us. Al Habsi wasn't even taking normal goal kicks, he was passing it out short so they could play from the back.

We just never got to grips with the game at all.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 11:05 PM

And i hope you include Theo in your worthless players thing, he was aboutas useful as chocolate tea pot today.

85 K a week :lol:

I include all of them

Im not in the business of critisising one single player.

We win as a team and lose as a team. The irony is we arent a team. A bunch of shite ass individuals who can thank the fuck out of RVP that he has single handedly kept us up this season but even he has gone off the boil as of late but when youre carrying a whole club with no help from money loving ****s then its to be expected.

Fuck the lot of them. Hope Newcastle get 3rd. They deserve it. We, Spuds and Chelsea have been the laughing stock of football this season. I would put Liverpool in that but they have won more trophies this season than Wenger has in 7 years :haha:

Kenny for Arsenal

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 11:06 PM
He did get the better of Wenger though. That 2nd half is arguably the most blunt I've seen us going forward this season. You had Wigan defenders passing their way out of trouble because there was little pressure applied from us. Al Habsi wasn't even taking normal goal kicks, he was passing it out short so they could play from the back.

We just never got to grips with the game at all.

Just think tonight it was more of a case we beat ourselfs, But credit to Wigan they did what they had to do.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Apparently Martinez has a year rolling contract and hes in 2 minds about renewing this summer cos he wants a new challenge.

Must Get of epic proportions. Plays good football and has worked wonders with Wigan

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 11:07 PM
I include all of them

Im not in the business of critisising one single player.

We win as a team and lose as a team. The irony is we arent a team. A bunch of shite ass individuals who can thank the fuck out of RVP that he has single handedly kept us up this season but even he has gone off the boil as of late but when youre carrying a whole club with no help from money loving ****s then its to be expected.

Fuck the lot of them. Hope Newcastle get 3rd. They deserve it. We, Spuds and Chelsea have been the laughing stock of football this season. I would put Liverpool in that but they have won more trophies this season than Wenger has in 7 years :haha:

Kenny for Arsenal

So you think RVP is worthless too?

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 11:08 PM
So you think RVP is worthless too?Hes part of the team is he not? I dont have favourites in the team

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Just think tonight it was more of a case we beat ourselfs, But credit to Wigan they did what they had to do.

They outplayed us to be fair.

Letters
16-04-2012, 11:10 PM
So you think RVP is worthless too?
He has been strangely muted this last month. Hasn't scored from open play in what, 5 games now?
It's a bit of a worry. He did nothing much today of note (actually had one very good shot well saved, little else though).

Letters
16-04-2012, 11:12 PM
They outplayed us to be fair.
Not in the first half they didn't.
Nor in the 2nd either really although we didn't play well that half.

Just one of those nights today. Wigan are scrapping, they're in good form and they wanted it more. Maybe getting 5 points clear bred a bit of complacency. Saturday is now a very important game. Win that one and 3rd is ours to lose. Just have to focus on that one now.

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2012, 11:14 PM

Just one of those nights today. Wigan are scrapping, they're in good form and they wanted it more. Maybe getting 5 points clear bred a bit of complacency. Saturday is now a very important game. Win that one and 3rd is ours to lose. Just have to focus on that one now.So what, even if we beat the chavs we'll still be the shittest team in the history of the PL with a joke of a manager (:rolleyes:)

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 11:16 PM
He has been strangely muted this last month. Hasn't scored from open play in what, 5 games now?
It's a bit of a worry. He did nothing much today of note (actually had one very good shot well saved, little else though).

I guess if anyone deserves to be cut a bit of slack it's RVP.

No doubt we need to find someone capable of scoring at least 10-15 to lighten the load.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 11:16 PM
So what, even if we beat the chavs we'll still be the shittest team in the history of the PL with a joke of a manager (:rolleyes:)Nah that still goes to the Derby team of 07/08 although agree with joke of a manager comment.

Not the rolling eyes bit though

BOBN
16-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Hes part of the team is he not? I dont have favourites in the team
fair play.

some of these have no concept of objective judgements when it comes to a match. like silly schoolgirls picking between boyband members.

RVP was shyt, hes packed up for summer.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 11:20 PM
on the performance…
We made it difficult for ourselves because we had quite a good start but we defended horrendously for the first and second goals. Everybody involved was included for the first and the second goals. On top of that we conceded a second goal with 10 men on the pitch.

It took us too much time to change and it was absolutely unbelievable. We conceded the first when Arteta was out and we could not put the player on because he is not ready. That penalised us for the second goal and after that we had a mountain to climb.

I felt in the first half we had enough chances to come back to 2-2, but the second half we dropped our level, lost our team play, our cohesion and tried too much individually. There was not enough petrol left in the tank anymore. We didn't see anyone who could make a difference. They defended well. We had a tremendous amount of possession but didn't create a lot in the second half.

on the Arteta substitution…
It is the fact that when a player is injured, if he stays on the pitch you have time to bring [a replacement] on. It was a misunderstanding because he walked off and Ramsey was not ready. The players think they will not come on in the first half, so they are not ready. Basically we played with 10 men, which should not be the case when a player is injured. Arteta had to come off but if he sits down on the pitch he can come off as well.

on Arteta's injury…
It is an ankle problem. It looks quite a serious one. We have to scan it tomorrow, it is too early to say tonight. But it doesn't look a little ankle sprain. It is a serious one.

on the second-half display…
We have given a lot over the past two or three months and we were not sharp. Is it mental or physical? It is hard to know why. I felt in the first half we had quite a good response to being 2-0 down, but in the second half there was not a lot to come. We finished with Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosicky,Gervinho (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/gervinho-signs-for-arsenal-pictures) and Van Persie offensively and we didn't create a lot.

on the strength of the Premier League...
Everyone is in the same situation. You could see with Tottenham against Norwich, Manchester United at Wigan, us against Wigan. You have to realise that every game is a decisive moment for everybody. You have to be prepared not to be 1-0 down, to be 2-0 down, not like that. When you see the goals we conceded recently, we did not concede these kinds of mistakes.

on the Chelsea game...
It is a massive and vital game for us. We need to recover from the massive disappointment of tonight first, then prepare mentally for the next one.

Wengers comments

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 11:20 PM

Just one of those nights today. Wigan are scrapping, they're in good form and they wanted it more. Maybe getting 5 points clear bred a bit of complacency. Saturday is now a very important game. Win that one and 3rd is ours to lose. Just have to focus on that one now.

2nd half I would say we were certainly outplayed.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 11:21 PM
fair play.

some of these have no concept of objective judgements when it comes to a match. like silly schoolgirls picking between boyband members.

RVP was shyt, hes packed up for summer.Pretty much

Hes gone.

Podolski coming in is as a replacement so we're still stuck as we are

WilshereourGHEL
16-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Ramsey should of never recovered he probably is more effective with a broken leg.

fakeyank
17-04-2012, 01:47 AM
With Arsene, we will win some lose some, go on unbeaten runs, have a few excitement in parts and in the end have no end product. I look at him like a middle class manager (post 2006)- nothing extra-ordinary, does an average job, gets average players, plays average tactics, does just enough to have a job and massages the boards ego.

Question is, is Arsenal a middle class club? Not with the high prices, stadium and the marketing we do of our club. Surely its time to upgrade to a better more efficient manager. I bet we can find a fair few for less than 6 million quid a year.

Letters
17-04-2012, 07:06 AM
3rd is 'middle class' or'average'? Really?

Letters
17-04-2012, 07:07 AM
I guess if anyone deserves to be cut a bit of slack it's RVP.

No doubt we need to find someone capable of scoring at least 10-15 to lighten the load.

Oh yeah, he definitely deserves some slack and all strikers have patches where it's just not happening for him. He's been so brilliant all season it's been quite noticeable though with him. I'm sure the goals will start flowing again and yes he definitely needs some help up there.

Ernesto
17-04-2012, 07:15 AM
What...the hell...was that?

Stupid Arsenal. Stupid, stupid, stupid Arsenal.

KSE Comedy Club
17-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Also,

Gary Neville :bow:
for pointing out the cheating, diving ****s - gerrard, messi, beckham, etc.

and

Gary Neville :doh:
for saying its not cheating and ok to dive to win penalties and FK's

Ernesto
17-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Did Wenger not shake Martinez' hand?

Flavs
17-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Arsenal :pal:

Marc Overmars
17-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Did Wenger not shake Martinez' hand?

Not sure. I know RVP turned into a little bitch when Caldwell offered his hand to him. :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 07:46 AM

Funny you say that, was Listening to the radio and a few gooners were saying, he seemed to be ending the season like cesc/henry and Pv4 did before they left.

I hope were not seeing the end of him tbh.

but who knows, hopefully he scoredin the chav game then we win our next game and secure a CL spot and then come on next seaason.

The Wilshere news really upset me yesterday more then anything.

Power n Glory
17-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Also,

and

I thought he had a solid argument. It's worth talking about.

Marc Overmars
17-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Also,

and

The clip he showed of Messi diving was hilarious, not because of Messi's dive, but also in the picture a Sociedad player walked back into the ref and went down holding his leg, he then realised no one was looking and that it was the ref he walked into anyway, so got up quickly. :doh:

Marc Overmars
17-04-2012, 07:50 AM
The Wilshere news really upset me yesterday more then anything.

We knew this season was a write off for him anyway.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 07:52 AM
fair play.

RVP was shyt, hes packed up for summer.

Not one person on here said he had a good game did they?

But he has not be shyte all season unless i misses something? Had it not been for him
we'd be lower then we are.

Lets not start this he has been shyte business so when or if he does go, people can go on about how shyte he was when he left us etc.

He is someone we can't afford to lose amd imo for all he has doen can afford to have an off game.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 07:53 AM
We knew this season was a write off for him anyway.

I Know but i expected him to be back at least for early next season, now we'll have to put up with ramsey again.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 07:58 AM
With Arsene, we will win some lose some, go on unbeaten runs, have a few excitement in parts and in the end have no end product. I look at him like a middle class manager (post 2006)- nothing extra-ordinary, does an average job, gets average players, plays average tactics, does just enough to have a job and massages the boards ego.
Question is, is Arsenal a middle class club? Not with the high prices, stadium and the marketing we do of our club. Surely its time to upgrade to a better more efficient manager. I bet we can find a fair few for less than 6 million quid a year.

No he does enough to meet the boards targets wheather you or i like it or not.

Its a bit silly to say were a middle class club though or average.

If we were average then us not winning a thing in 7 years would not be a big deal would it?

For an average club to get in the CL for the last 7 years would be acceptable but as most gooners want more id say this club is anything but average.

Coney
17-04-2012, 08:01 AM

Of course. No other club's fans would want to be in our position. Well, some other clubs. Well, bar a couple of Mancester clubs. Well, alright, most fans would prefer their club to be in our position. For the last 15+ years. But we are still useless. :zimm.gif:

Flavs
17-04-2012, 08:23 AM
I thought we played really well and worked brilliantly as a cohesive unit. No-one tried to do everything themselves and everyone chipped in, stand out performances from Walcott and Ramsey were again a joy to watch. I just love the way Ramsey ignores the difficult, Hollywood type passes to knock simple ones that are much easier and love the way that Walcott uses his great pace to skin his man every time he gets the ball, it really is inspiring to watch.

Great defending from the side as well, from front to back. The way we nullified the wing play of Moses and Beasujoir while carefully marshalling Di santo was great, also the way we handled Connor Sammon when he came on was world class.

I am a little disappointed with Rosicky and Dos Santos though, neither seemed interested and didn't want to chip in unless forced. However i am really glad that Song continued his great run of form and didn't waste the ball at all or give away a thousand needless fouls.

Overall we out-battled, outplayed and erm out-tactic'd Wigan.

Good win.

Letters
17-04-2012, 08:39 AM

I disagree, I've enjoyed this season overall (if we cock it up and don't finish top 4 then not so much but there have been quite a few highs this year and if you don't think they're that high then maybe you weren't at the games which were at home and felt the atmosphere. The ones I can think of:

Chelsea Away (mental game, 5-3 at The Bridge)

Sunderland Away (Henry!)

Spurs Home (2-0, and they f***ed it up)

Liverpool Away (RvP last minute winner)

Newcastle Home (Verminator in the 95th minute)

City Home (Fairly late goal killing off their title hopes :pal: @ Nasri)

Milan at home (so near yet so far but fantastic performance and effort on the night)

Leeds Home (Henry!)

More generally how can you not enjoy coming back from 10 points behind the Spuds to be 5 points above them?
OK, we cocked it up last night and could and should have extended our lead but ManYoo cocked up against them last week in the exact same position. Wigan are on a good run and fighting for their PL lives. We should have won last night but there you go, we didn't. We're not going to win every game. As I said after QPR, the important thing is we pick it up and get going again in the next game. We did that time, let's hope we do again.

Come on Arsenal :scarf:

KSE Comedy Club
17-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Not sure. I know RVP turned into a little bitch when Caldwell offered his hand to him. :doh:Actually that was Cladwell being a prick. He was mouthing off at RVP just before that and the ref pushed him away, but he carried on.

LDG
17-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Was a bit shit.

On we go.

Globalgunner
17-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Actually that was Cladwell being a prick. He was mouthing off at RVP just before that and the ref pushed him away, but he carried on.

Glad you noticed that, In England its always the reaction to provocation that gets castigated, not the prolonged foul-mouth abuse and needle that goes on before it.

KSE Comedy Club
17-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Glad you noticed that, In England its always the reaction to provocation that gets castigated, not the prolonged foul-mouth abuse and needle that goes on before it.Yeh exactly.
Im surprised RVP even extended a hand to him by the way he was going on at him.

He could have just slapped hands or something, but Caldwell was carrying on being a bellend and wanted RVP to shake his right hand.

Obviously RVP couldnt be arsed with the ****.

BOBN
17-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Not one person on here said he had a good game did they?

But he has not be shyte all season unless i misses something? Had it not been for him
we'd be lower then we are.

Lets not start this he has been shyte business so when or if he does go, people can go on about how shyte he was when he left us etc.

He is someone we can't afford to lose amd imo for all he has doen can afford to have an off game.
ive already said hes ahead of bergkamp so.

but what separates a RVP from a henry or ronaldo is that he cant really create something out of nothing. hes garbage without good service tbh.

Flavs
17-04-2012, 09:51 AM
I am also impressed with this thread, particular this guy "She wore a yellow ribbon" he seems a well balanced and deeply thought individual.

Grebbo
17-04-2012, 09:56 AM
This game gave me nightmares last night.

We were terrible. Played off the pitch at home to Wigan??!!

Chelsea is a must win game now because we'll lose at Stoke and WBA for sure.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 09:57 AM
I disagree, I've enjoyed this season overall (if we cock it up and don't finish top 4 then not so much but there have been quite a few highs this year and if you don't think they're that high then maybe you weren't at the games which were at home and felt the atmosphere. The ones I can think of:

Chelsea Away (mental game, 5-3 at The Bridge)

Sunderland Away (Henry!)

Spurs Home (2-0, and they f***ed it up)

Liverpool Away (RvP last minute winner)

Newcastle Home (Verminator in the 95th minute)

City Home (Fairly late goal killing off their title hopes :pal: @ Nasri)

Milan at home (so near yet so far but fantastic performance and effort on the night)

Leeds Home (Henry!)

More generally how can you not enjoy coming back from 10 points behind the Spuds to be 5 points above them?
OK, we cocked it up last night and could and should have extended our lead but ManYoo cocked up against them last week in the exact same position. Wigan are on a good run and fighting for their PL lives. We should have won last night but there you go, we didn't. We're not going to win every game. As I said after QPR, the important thing is we pick it up and get going again in the next game. We did that time, let's hope we do again.

Come on Arsenal :scarf:

I see those games and whilst i see why people see them as highs, i dont really see them as being that high. For example, if any of those had fallen in a title winning season, we'd be seeing them as routine wins. A high for me is something that can be considered high no matter the season. I guess scoring 5 past Spuds is pretty awesome but i guess its one of those games where you had to be there which i wasnt.

Henry scoring arent highs for me. Just a realisation how poor this squad is/was when we need a 58 year old grandad who cant run to save us

Again i guess you had to be there to really see it as a high. From the games ive been to, majority have been 1-0 wins or 0-0 bore draws which have bored the fuck out of me. Whilst we may not have lost in any of the games ive been to this season (6 so far i think) its been so boring and dull to watch. Even beating Villa 3-0 was pretty boring cos we won that game early on and just passed around in midfield :sleep: Thankfully Artetas free kick in Fergie time kept me awake.

Being above Spuds isnt a high. Its something that we've been doing for years. They are insignificant to me. Couldnt care less about them.

Man Utd lost away to Wigan. We lost at home. Add that to the diabolical record v relegation battling teams and we are just shocking.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Of course. No other club's fans would want to be in our position. Well, some other clubs. Well, bar a couple of Mancester clubs. Well, alright, most fans would prefer their club to be in our position. For the last 15+ years. But we are still useless. :zimm.gif:

Yep, were not in a bad posistion tbh, we just need to improve and not satisfied with where we are.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 10:02 AM
I see those games and whilst i see why people see them as highs, i dont really see them as being that high. For example, if any of those had fallen in a title winning season, we'd be seeing them as routine wins. A high for me is something that can be considered high no matter the season. I guess scoring 5 past Spuds is pretty awesome but i guess its one of those games where you had to be there which i wasnt.

Henry scoring arent highs for me. Just a realisation how poor this squad is/was when we need a 58 year old grandad who cant run to save us

Again i guess you had to be there to really see it as a high. From the games ive been to, majority have been 1-0 wins or 0-0 bore draws which have bored the fuck out of me. Whilst we may not have lost in any of the games ive been to this season (6 so far i think) its been so boring and dull to watch. Even beating Villa 3-0 was pretty boring cos we won that game early on and just passed around in midfield :sleep: Thankfully Artetas free kick in Fergie time kept me awake.

Being above Spuds isnt a high. Its something that we've been doing for years. They are insignificant to me. Couldnt care less about them.

Man Utd lost away to Wigan. We lost at home. Add that to the diabolical record v relegation battling teams and we are just shocking.

So they lost, end off. losing is losing no matter where it is.

It has not be a bad season like you go on about but it has not beem a excellent season either.

Letters
17-04-2012, 10:06 AM
I see those games and whilst i see why people see them as highs.

Well we'll agree to disagree then. I was at all the home games bar City and it was buzzing, it wasn't just me that left on a high.

Rubbish.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Well we'll agree to disagree then. I was at all the home games bar City and it was buzzing, it wasn't just me that left on a high.

Rubbish.

You do know who your replying too right, this is a man if we won the league next seaon with wenger, he be the 1st one kissing his ass. was giving it big when we beat city i loss later were shit again :lol:

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 10:09 AM
So they lost, end off. losing is losing no matter where it is.

It has not be a bad season like you go on about but it has not beem a excellent season either.Yeah there is a difference between home and away games. I dont actually know what the difference is but clearly there is otherwise some teams wouldnt have such good home reords and crap away ones. I guess you have to be a footballer to see it which none of us arent.

And also, Man utd will win the title. For them it was a slip up, for us its the norm if you look at our record v bottom 5. Not done the double over any of them.

Its been a shocking season. Fortunately Spuds imploded and Chelsea have been shit in the league as well up to now

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 10:10 AM
You do know who your replying too right, this is a man if we won the league next seaon with wenger, he be the 1st one kissing his ass. was giving it big when we beat city i loss later were shit again :lol:If we win the league next season, i will join the official Kiss GWs Ass club

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Yeah there is a difference between home and away games. I dont actually know what the difference is but clearly there is otherwise some teams wouldnt have such good home reords and crap away ones. I guess you have to be a footballer to see it which none of us arent.

And also, Man utd will win the title. For them it was a slip up, for us its the norm if you look at our record v bottom 5. Not done the double over any of them.

Its been a shocking season. Fortunately Spuds imploded and Chelsea have been shit in the league as well up to now

Well that is true but nothing we can do about the spuds and Chavs being poor can, we, but we knew at the start of the season this would not be a brilliant one for us, so its not suprising it has turned out like this really.

It was always about next season and the summer tbh before we even thought about challenging for the league.

But to finsih 3rd will be good for us (this season) not always. From where we were. Beat chavs then were close to that.

all i want is the points now only a few games left we need a couple of wins and we have out CL place.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 10:14 AM

Rubbish.Its a matter of opinion. I dont seem them as great highs but you do. Fair enough

As for Spuds, its true. I even want them to win a few matches if it helps me get points on IKTS or FFL or whatever, i praise their players (Ade and Parker), i dont have any hatred or likeness for them. They are just there. Insignificant. Like a Wigan or a Bolton. I dont see them as rivals.

Sure i laugh when they lose but in the same manner i laugh at a Stoke losing.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 10:14 AM
WEWWE?

McNamara That Ghost...
17-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I miss us having the ability to draw games. :(

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Though i suppose the race for the top 4 will be good for the neutral to see it go down to the last few games.

Fist of Lehmann
17-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Good win.Reverse Flavs :bow:

He tells it like it isn't.

I always like to give myself a day before I react to a match but I'm still processing the rage atm.
Overall, FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU...

jelgoon
17-04-2012, 11:51 AM

I agree with Cripps totally. Its been a shit season if we are club with ambition. Who cares that we have won a few exciting games or that we will finish about the Spuds. We have lost nearly a third of our league matches this season (10 out of 34). It also doesnt help when our chairman (who virtually everyone hates now) talks about Wenger being here for who knows how long and how he is developing a good young team. We have three good youngsters - Schezny, Wiltshire and Oxo. Thats all.

Kano
17-04-2012, 11:53 AM
all depends on what you want to get from your football team as a fan

Flavs
17-04-2012, 11:55 AM
We have three good youngsters - Schezny, Wiltshire and Oxo. Thats all.

Dont fancy Gibbs or Jenks no? Coquelin? Frimpong?

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 11:57 AM
all depends on what you want to get from your football team as a fanExciting football of which we have seen precious little of.

I'd like trophies as well but they arent the most important thing.

Id like us to stop making the same mistakes year in and year out. Show some sign of progression which we havent.

And most importantly a manager who knows what hes doing

Marc Overmars
17-04-2012, 12:01 PM
I miss us having the ability to draw games. :(

Yeah, only 4 draws this season. :wacko:

Although by the same token winning a lot more is good as well. 1 win and 2 defeats still gives you more points than 2 draws and a defeat.

10 defeats is a bit much though, I think that's only 1 short of our 05/06 record total.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 12:02 PM
all depends on what you want to get from your football team as a fan

Yep very true.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I agree with Cripps totally. Its been a shit season if we are club with ambition. Who cares that we have won a few exciting games or that we will finish about the Spuds. We have lost nearly a third of our league matches this season (10 out of 34). It also doesnt help when our chairman (who virtually everyone hates now) talks about Wenger being here for who knows how long and how he is developing a good young team. We have three good youngsters - Schezny, Wiltshire and Oxo. Thats all.Wiltshire :bow:

And also i agree with the rest of what you said

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Exciting football of which we have seen precious little of.

Id like us to stop making the same mistakes year in and year out. Show some sign of progression which we havent.

This, i agree its about having the best chance to win trophies.

So will you be renewing your season ticket even though you say you know things won't change in the summer?

If so why you giving money to a board and manager who don'y seem to care im your words.

Kano
17-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Exciting football of which we have seen precious little of.

yet seeing as we all want/expect different things from our team, there is no correct, definitive answer.

and if anything, those that pay to go the games generally seem ok with things, which counts far more than the internet hoards.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 12:34 PM
yet seeing as we all want/expect different things from our team, there is no correct, definitive answer.

and if anything, those that pay to go the games generally seem ok with things, which counts far more than the internet hoards.

Which is why i think they feel they have a right to moan then those of us who don't go to games and are on here, and maybe they have a point.

fakeyank
17-04-2012, 01:32 PM

It depends on what you think the board is giving Arsene.. I believe the board gives Arsene enough freedom and resources to do better than third. Getting paid 6 million quid a year to perform the same highs and lows every season for 6 years is not good work. Thats being static and no improvement.

With one of the highest ticket prices in football, CL football every season, I expect my club to be better than 3rd or 4th every season. So yes, third is middle class crap with what AW has to play with. If AW were a player, he'd be Denilson.. brilliant stats, too many side way passes.. no end product! If I were his boss, I'd move him to a different department or fire him. Unfortunately we got some old farts in the boardroom who are afraid to take a risk.

Kano
17-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Unfortunately we got some old farts in the boardroom who are afraid to take a risk.who are the old farts?

Letters
17-04-2012, 01:37 PM
If you think finishing 3rd behind ManYoo (who have, IMO, the best manager around, I'd argue the best of all time) and City (who have had to spend half a billion to get above us, whatever you think of Wenger's dealings in the transfer market there's no way we can compete with them in that sense) is average then fair enough. We'll agree to disagree.

As I've said to you a few times, your expectation of us doing better than 3rd is because of Wenger. Pre-Wenger we were not a side who regularly finished in the top few.

fakeyank
17-04-2012, 01:38 PM
who are the old farts?

http://www.arsenal.com/the-club/corporate-info/the-arsenal-board

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 01:38 PM
It depends on what you think the board is giving Arsene.. I believe the board gives Arsene enough freedom and resources to do better than third. Getting paid 6 million quid a year to perform the same highs and lows every season for 6 years is not good work. Thats being static and no improvement.

With one of the highest ticket prices in football, CL football every season, I expect my club to be better than 3rd or 4th every season. So yes, third is middle class crap with what AW has to play with. If AW were a player, he'd be Denilson.. brilliant stats, too many side way passes.. no end product! If I were his boss, I'd move him to a different department or fire him. Unfortunately we got some old farts in the boardroom who are afraid to take a risk.

And you think if they fire him they will bring in someone worldclass? They will only bring in someone like him, so apart from on the pitch the menality of the club won't really change unless these guys go.

fakeyank
17-04-2012, 01:41 PM
If you think finishing 3rd behind ManYoo (who have, IMO, the best manager around, I'd argue the best of all time) and City (who have had to spend half a billion to get above us, whatever you think of Wenger's dealings in the transfer market there's no way we can compete with them in that sense) is average then fair enough. We'll agree to disagree.

As I've said to you a few times, your expectation of us doing better than 3rd is because of Wenger. Pre-Wenger we were not a side who regularly finished in the top few.

And why should I settle for mediocrity now? Yes, AW took us to the top and many many thanks to him for that but its time for him to go now. He is no more a manager who can take us back to the top. His brilliant work to get us here is applauded and I think he has been handsomely rewarded monetarily and also by sticking with him for 7 barren seasons. Time to move on!

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 01:42 PM

Exactly too many fans think we have a define right to be winning things. The club is more or less been run the same way it has since AW took over the only diffrence is the game has changed money has come in and were are trying to find away to catch up.

Had it not for ambrovich we'd have had an era of dominace in this league that is for sure. Unless we get a suga daddy in we will never compete with thre chavs or city even with a diffrent manager.

Kano
17-04-2012, 01:46 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/the-club/corporate-info/the-arsenal-board

Chips Keswick and Lord Harris are non exec

friar owns less than 1% and hill wood pretty much nothing

so all the decisions come from kroenke

apart from city and chelsea, most clubs are owned by successful guys in their 40s/50s

fakeyank
17-04-2012, 01:49 PM
And you think if they fire him they will bring in someone worldclass? They will only bring in someone like him, so apart from on the pitch the menality of the club won't really change unless these guys go.

Well, at 6 million quid a year, we will find a lot of world class managers! And yes, the board can want mediocrity, I dont want my manager to believe in that mediocrity. You are a freaking football manager.. play to win! Look at the best, in our case, look at SAF.. strive to be like him. He works with one of the greediest boards in PL history yet turns out championship teams year in year out. Yes, AW cant be like him but strive to be like that... keep a picture of SAF at work if that helps!

Sad part is.. AW was as good as SAF till 2006.. What happened to AW's ambitions, winning mentality, no one will ever know. Its always easy to go from being poor to being rich, its harder to go from being rich to being poor. I find it hard to see my club being happy with 3rd or 4th.

Letters
And why should I settle for mediocrity now? Yes, AW took us to the top and many many thanks to him for that but its time for him to go now. He is no more a manager who can take us back to the top. His brilliant work to get us here is applauded and I think he has been handsomely rewarded monetarily and also by sticking with him for 7 barren seasons. Time to move on!
Well for a start 3rd place is not mediocre. What we shouldn't settle for is a lack of trophies and I agree that Wenger has failed in that regard. IMO you give him too little credit for keeping us in the top few every year despite the billionaire owners and clubs around us all spending far more to try and overhaul us. But, given that he has, we should have won a trophy or 3. I just don't think changing the manager is the magic bullet you seem to think and that post-Wenger (given that we'll have the same old farts in the board room) the trophies will start flowing again.

When we were looking pretty poor at times this season and a mid-table finish was on the cards I got to the point of thinking we had little to lose but when you're 3rd there's far further to fall than there is to improve.

fakeyank
Chips Keswick and Lord Harris are non exec

friar owns less than 1% and hill wood pretty much nothing

so all the decisions come from kroenke

apart from city and chelsea, most clubs are owned by successful guys in their 40s/50s

And kroenke has been the main man since last july.. what happened before that? Exactly... :)

Letters
17-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Well, at 6 million quid a year, we will find a lot of world class managers!
Well, no. Because by definition there aren't that many around. I don't think AW has lost ambition. He has arguably lost the ability to win trophies in an era of billionaire owners but while I don't think the club are happy with 3rd it's very hard to compete with clubs who can throw hundreds of millions around. Fergie's doing it but he's on a different level from pretty much anyone.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Well, at 6 million quid a year, we will find a lot of world class managers! And yes, the board can want mediocrity, I dont want my manager to believe in that mediocrity. You are a freaking football manager.. play to win! Look at the best, in our case, look at SAF.. strive to be like him. He works with one of the greediest boards in PL history yet turns out championship teams year in year out. Yes, AW cant be like him but strive to be like that... keep a picture of SAF at work if that helps!

Sad part is.. AW was as good as SAF till 2006.. What happened to AW's ambitions, winning mentality, no one will ever know. Its always easy to go from being poor to being rich, its harder to go from being rich to being poor. I find it hard to see my club being happy with 3rd or 4th.

Even so its the board who will choose not me or you, they will only bring in someone who is even more a yes man to them then AW thats my point.

As fans we want the best and should want that, but the board seem to be happy and that all that matters, if they wanted someone who was "World class" they'd have sacled wenger and got someone in.

Its not as easy as saying anyone can do AW's job because its not that easy what he has done for thelast 7 years the board would have to feel they have the right man.

Kano
17-04-2012, 01:58 PM
And kroenke has been the main man since last july.. what happened before that? Exactly... :)
how far are going back here to prove a point?

or doesn't a year in charge mean anything

fakeyank
17-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Well for a start 3rd place is not mediocre. What we shouldn't settle for is a lack of trophies and I agree that Wenger has failed in that regard. IMO you give him too little credit for keeping us in the top few every year despite the billionaire owners and clubs around us all spending far more to try and overhaul us. But, given that he has, we should have won a trophy or 3. I just don't think changing the manager is the magic bullet you seem to think and that post-Wenger (given that we'll have the same old farts in the board room) the trophies will start flowing again.

When we were looking pretty poor at times this season and a mid-table finish was on the cards I got to the point of thinking we had little to lose but when you're 3rd there's far further to fall than there is to improve.

See, here is how I look at it... I can only believe what I see in the papers or on Arsenal.com since I am not in the boardroom meetings or have solid inside information. Every season PHW, Gazidis etc comes out saying that AW has funds to spend. Is this true? Well, I can only believe what I see or hear. Every season AW says he has money to spend if he needs it.. What does he do with it? Nothing! And that is why I do not give him credit for keeping us at 4th or 3rd. I believe he has everything to take Arsenal to the top yet he disappoints every season.

His salary is that one of top 5 in Europe, so I expect him to take us a bit higher than 3rd or 4th. And yes, the fans pay the most as well in the world. Combine them both and you have a mediocre at best performance from AW.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/03/20/top-10-highest-paid-football-managers-rich-list-2012/7/

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Well, no. Because by definition there aren't that many around. I don't think AW has lost ambition. He has arguably lost the ability to win trophies in an era of billionaire owners but while I don't think the club are happy with 3rd it's very hard to compete with clubs who can throw hundreds of millions around. Fergie's doing it but he's on a different level from pretty much anyone.

Pretty much, Its not about not having ambtions its about believing you can take in the Billionaire's the way we have been.

The club needs to spend money not mega amounts but just a suitable amout to make us look good again. not have us rely on kids to try and prove something.

Letters
17-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Surely keeping us in the top 4 without spending money (and thus meaning we can pay off the stadium debt quicker) means he should get more credit?

fakeyank
17-04-2012, 02:05 PM
how far are going back here to prove a point?

or doesn't a year in charge mean anything

I believe our slide started when Dein left. No one in the boardroom has any knowledge of how to push AW or what to do with someone like him.

As for Kroenke, I will blame him next season when AW is in charge. From what I hear in US sport, unfortunately he is exactly the same as PHW and his bum chums. He wants to see profits and doesnt care about whether we are 3rd or 4th. And this behavior is to be expected... what I dont want is my football manager to think like that too.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Surely keeping us in the top 4 without spending money (and thus meaning we can pay off the stadium debt quicker) means he should get more credit?

Yes he should, but he should have delieved us a CC or fa cup or 2 along the way.

fakeyank
17-04-2012, 02:07 PM

AW is paid to deliver trophies in football, not in economics. I am not asking him to bust us out and spend 100 million quid a season, I am asking to him to at least spend what we got off of transfers.

And yes, I am also asking him to become a better tactician and football manager.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 02:10 PM
AW is paid to deliver trophies in football, not in economics. I am not asking him to bust us out and spend 100 million quid a season, I am asking to him to at least spend what we got off of transfers.

And yes, I am also asking him to become a better tactician and football manager.

Wrong, he is paid to do what his employers want him to do. Wether you like it or not he is meeting their targets.

If they wanted him to win trophys and that was their aim then he have been sacked and someone else would be paid his wages.

However it does not mean he should not go and win trohpys even if it is the CC or Fa cup. i want to see us lift something like all gooner fans do. thats my frustation.

AVB was paid to win trophys.

fakeyank
17-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Even so its the board who will choose not me or you, they will only bring in someone who is even more a yes man to them then AW thats my point.

As fans we want the best and should want that, but the board seem to be happy and that all that matters, if they wanted someone who was "World class" they'd have sacled wenger and got someone in.

Its not as easy as saying anyone can do AW's job because its not that easy what he has done for thelast 7 years the board would have to feel they have the right man.

I agree the board has to chose. What my friend, you are failing to interpret from my posts is that I am expecting AW to show more balls to win. I dont want him to be a part of the economics team at Arsenal. I want to see more ambition from our football manager.

Are board members in every company in the world looking for profits? Yes and AW is giving it to them. They are not going to sack him. They are a greedy bunch of ****s. I just hate to see my football manager think the same way. Its worse when you think that this manager, once upon a time, was a winner!

Marc Overmars
17-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Hopefully we can seal 3rd and consign this season to the history books, I haven't enjoyed it despite some notable victories. We haven't improved, we haven't got worse, we're just on par as always. I'm just looking forward to the summer now and hopefully potentially signing Podolski early doors is a positive sign of things to come.

Letters
17-04-2012, 02:14 PM

Well unfortunately football and money are intrinsically linked these days. I agree he should have spent more and what's particularly annoying is how a fairly modest amount of spending could have made a difference in the last few years. But I do think you're underestimating how hard it is to keep a team in the top few for as long as he has. Who else has done it? Fergie. No-one else. It's especially hard in an era of billionaire owners. He deserves some credit for that. Quite a lot of credit IMO.
But CtG is right, he should have delivered a few trophies along the way too.

If you're not happy now though then I think you may be in for a shock post-Wenger. We could find ourselves in mid-table and still have no trophies to show for it. We might do better of course but I wouldn't bank on it. I guess one day we'll find out.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 02:19 PM
I agree the board has to chose. What my friend, you are failing to interpret from my posts is that I am expecting AW to show more balls to win. I dont want him to be a part of the economics team at Arsenal. I want to see more ambition from our football manager.

Are board members in every company in the world looking for profits? Yes and AW is giving it to them. They are not going to sack him. They are a greedy bunch of ****s. I just hate to see my football manager think the same way. Its worse when you think that this manager, once upon a time, was a winner!

You have a point, but if the board where more ruthless he'd be. Maybe he needs Dein back. I still think he'd love to win something and all that 4th place nonsense is a front with him just to makes our lads feel better about themselves.

Only summer will tell us where we are lets seal 3rd and go from there tbh.

Letters
17-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Agree about Dein btw. Him and Wenger seemed to be a good partnership.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Like FY said Dein knew how to push AW and keep him inline with the game today.

Just think AW needs some to sort of give him a hand and point out when he makes mistakes not just nod and smile.

jelgoon
17-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Dont fancy Gibbs or Jenks no? Coquelin? Frimpong?

Not particulary. Gibbs may be good or he may not. Jenks the same; Coquelin the same; Frimpong the same. We have seen it all before - Denilson, Diaby, Clichy, Bendtner Reyes even Walcott - they were all gonna be good if you remember.

fakeyank
17-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Gibbs is broken.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 12:00 AM
WIGAN keeper Ali Al Habsi has told Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: Don’t call me a cheat.

The Latics pulled off another shock result on Monday, with their 2-1 victory at the Emirates following last week’s 1-0 home win over Manchester United.

Wenger later accused Al Habsi of time-wasting, saying he was guilty of “disrespecting people who pay big money to watch the game”.

But the Oman shot-stopper, 30, insisted: “When I play football I do not cheat. I used a tactic to control and contain the game.

“It’s normal when you play in big-pressure matches to control the game to take the pressure off your team.

“It’s very important for me as a goalkeeper and my team-mates in defence to do this in order to help our side.

“The ref is there to see everything and if he’s happy then so am I. I have to do it for my team.”

Referee Andre Marriner did book him in the end, during five minutes of added time, as the Latics moved five points clear of the drop zone.

Wigan skipper Gary Caldwell, meanwhile, has criticised Gunners skipper Robin van Persie for not shaking hands at full-time.

The pair clashed just before the final whistle and Caldwell said: “To be at a great club like Arsenal you have to be a bad loser.

“But you also have to have a bit of dignity. When they beat us 4-0 at our place I shook everybody’s hand and I expect the same back.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4262814/Ali-Al-Habsi-hits-back-at-Arsene-Wenger-after-cheat-slur.html

Al Habsi is spot on

RVP being a twat shocker

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2012, 01:35 AM
I agree with Cripps totally. Its been a shit season if we are club with ambition. Who cares that we have won a few exciting games or that we will finish about the Spuds. We have lost nearly a third of our league matches this season (10 out of 34). It also doesnt help when our chairman (who virtually everyone hates now) talks about Wenger being here for who knows how long and how he is developing a good young team. We have three good youngsters - Schezny, Wiltshire and Oxo. Thats all.

Potentially three of the best in the world in their positions. Hanging on to them will be the real trick.

Shitty game last night. Handing out two goals to pubbers and then not having enough with to defeat their bus parking and touchline kicking game. I see that **** Caldwell is crying over RvP treating him like a ****. And their cheating keeper is full of excuses. They came to do everything bar play a football match. Trouble is, so did we. The least shit team won in the shittiest of fashions. Shit all around. Should have been an easy win, we turned it into a loss. Do that a couple more times and the whole season will be bookended by shit.

Somebody needs to stick their boot right up Theo Walcott's arse and remind him he can't get away with the excuse of being a shit player anymore, not after the few performances he put in recently. He'll have to think up some other reason for dire performances like the one last night. Shit head.

Still, the future is fairly bright but with sort of shit stains around it.

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2012, 01:37 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4262814/Ali-Al-Habsi-hits-back-at-Arsene-Wenger-after-cheat-slur.html

Al Habsi is spot on

RVP being a twat shocker

Correction, Al Habsi is a **** and so is anyone who would shake Caldwell's hand. Even if you were right and Al Habsi turned out not to be a cheat and Caldwell could pass as a human being, they'd still be wrong and so would you because RvP plays for us and they don't. End of.

fakeyank
18-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Potentially three of the best in the world in their positions.

This is based on 1 season for JW, 1.25 seasons of Szczesny and .5 season of Ox.. hmmmm!

MOC Thread is that way ------->

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2012, 03:31 AM
This is based on 1 season for JW, 1.25 seasons of Szczesny and .5 season of Ox.. hmmmm!

MOC Thread is that way ------->

True, all our players are shit. Wenger out!

fakeyank
18-04-2012, 08:04 AM
True, all our players are shit. Wenger out!

Not all.. RVP, Sagna, Song, Vermaelen are world class.. Wenger is shit though and he needs to be out of the club, so you are 100% right on that part.

Letters
18-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Oh stop WUMming, fy :rolleyes: Even you don't think Wenger is shit. Or, if you do, you're a blithering idiot. Too long in America, perhaps.

BOBN
18-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Not all.. RVP, Sagna, Song, Vermaelen are world class.. Wenger is shit though and he needs to be out of the club, so you are 100% right on that part.
vermaelen and song are not world class, end of.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Correction, Al Habsi is a **** and so is anyone who would shake Caldwell's hand. Even if you were right and Al Habsi turned out not to be a cheat and Caldwell could pass as a human being, they'd still be wrong and so would you because RvP plays for us and they don't. End of.Fair enough on the RVP point

However Al Habsi is awesome and a Must Get

Japan Shaking All Over
18-04-2012, 11:02 AM
vermaelen and song are not world class, end of.

But only because Wenger turned them into diving vegetarians!!!!

Joker
18-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Okay, so some of the paying fans are happy at the status quo, but I don't accept that just because they can afford to go to games that everyone else's opinion is ignored. This sort of free market fundamentalism is morally abhorrent IMO, and every Arsenal fan, no matter where they come from or how much money they earn, deserve to have their voices heard. And anyway, it's not true that fans are "happy" or satisfied at the way things are going. There was a lot of discontent around the club in January, and with chants of "you don't know what you're doing" aimed at Wenger. Even against Wigan you could hear anger aimed towards Aaron Ramsey, which is mainly frustrating not just at him, but the whole direction the club is taking.

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Okay, so some of the paying fans are happy at the status quo, but I don't accept that just because they can afford to go to games that everyone else's opinion is ignored. This sort of free market fundamentalism is morally abhorrent IMO, and every Arsenal fan, no matter where they come from or how much money they earn, deserve to have their voices heard. And anyway, it's not true that fans are "happy" or satisfied at the way things are going. There was a lot of discontent around the club in January, and with chants of "you don't know what you're doing" aimed at Wenger. Even against Wigan you could hear anger aimed towards Aaron Ramsey, which is mainly frustrating not just at him, but the whole direction the club is taking.

You speak the approved truth comrade!

Joker
18-04-2012, 11:40 AM
You speak the approved truth comrade!

So you think only the fans who can afford a season ticket deserve a say? And do you really believe that there's not a lot of discontent around the Emirates, even if our recent purple patch quietened things down a bit?

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2012, 12:31 PM
So you think only the fans who can afford a season ticket deserve a say? And do you really believe that there's not a lot of discontent around the Emirates, even if our recent purple patch quietened things down a bit?

I think everyone eventually reaches a critical point with your moaning and a chain reaction of rejecting everything you say commences. I reached that point a while back.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Oh stop WUMming, fy :rolleyes: Even you don't think Wenger is shit. Or, if you do, you're a blithering idiot. Too long in America, perhaps.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Fair enough on the RVP point

However Al Habsi is awesome and a Must Get

You retreated quickly, what happend to sticking to your guns?

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 12:56 PM
You retreated quickly, what happend to sticking to your guns?Well RVP is our player is he not?

Letters
18-04-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure who deserves a say but no-one actually gets a say.
As for discontent, I didn't hear much on Monday despite the result. Bit of booing at the end but nothing serious. If we lose again on Saturday it may show itself more though.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Well RVP is our player is he not?

Yep yep.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 01:46 PM

Everyone deserves a say, but those who pay for a season ticket should be the most to feel aggreived. Like Letters says Fans don't get a say and they never will. so if people want to write Wenger out after every game we loosing thinking its going to change a thing good luck to them.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 01:52 PM
I pay for 25% of a season ticket.

How much say do i get?

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 02:02 PM
I pay for 25% of a season ticket.

How much say do i get?

None, simples.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Cold. Charlie. Cold.

fakeyank
18-04-2012, 03:44 PM

He is a shit football manager, yes. Does that mean he is not intelligent? Hell no, he is what you call the cream of the crop, a born CEO in the making. How else do you think he has so many Arsenal fans by the balls believing in his project which hasnt bore any fruit for 7 years and does not look likely to bear any fruit in the near future? If AFC were to suddenly close down tomorrow (hypothetical situation), AW would have a queue outside his house from all the top financial corporations of the world.

Marc Overmars
18-04-2012, 03:51 PM
He is a shit football manager, yes.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkae9cfJma1qbfeec.jpg

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2012, 04:04 PM
He is a shit football manager, yes. Does that mean he is not intelligent? Hell no, he is what you call the cream of the crop, a born CEO in the making. How else do you think he has so many Arsenal fans by the balls believing in his project which hasnt bore any fruit for 7 years and does not look likely to bear any fruit in the near future? If AFC were to suddenly close down tomorrow (hypothetical situation), AW would have a queue outside his house from all the top financial corporations of the world.

Yeah because this forum is packed with people worshipping Wenger and claiming he's faultless. And when you look at all the other managers out there, the Mancinis, Dalglishes, Redknapps, Phil Brown, it really exposes Wenger for the pure shit he is. He has no qualities other than his ability to screw the fans. It's starting to get irritating how most people won't deal in absolutes, this is an absolutely black or white situation and you have to wonder why they can't see it. Probably blinded by their hero worship. Obviously Wenger needs to go, preferably today. It doesn't really matter who we get in because everything will be wonderful regardless and there's little doubt we'd win everything. But we just can't get rid of this guy. Too many stupid fans dwelling on past glories and blatantly ignoring the fact that we have yet again failed to finish above the billionaires (excluding Chelsea). We might have reached the stage where these fans need to go too. They are harming the club with their continuing support.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Yeah because this forum is packed with people worshipping Wenger and claiming he's faultless. And when you look at all the other managers out there, the Mancinis, Dalglishes, Redknapps, Phil Brown, it really exposes Wenger for the pure shit he is. He has no qualities other than his ability to screw the fans. It's starting to get irritating how most people won't deal in absolutes, this is an absolutely black or white situation and you have to wonder why they can't see it. Probably blinded by their hero worship. Obviously Wenger needs to go, preferably today. It doesn't really matter who we get in because everything will be wonderful regardless and there's little doubt we'd win everything. But we just can't get rid of this guy. Too many stupid fans dwelling on past glories and blatantly ignoring the fact that we have yet again failed to finish above the billionaires (excluding Chelsea). We might have reached the stage where these fans need to go too. They are harming the club with their continuing support.Well said

Japan Shaking All Over
18-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Well said

Close the door when you leave.

Syn
18-04-2012, 04:24 PM
:haha:

Joker
18-04-2012, 04:43 PM
In the last 6 years Wenger has been a mediocre manager to say the least. He keeps making the same mistakes over and over again, which isn't indicative of quality tbh. He has failed to strengthen the squad sufficiently even though this has been our Achilles Heel for a long time. He consistently buys cheap young players, when it is manifest that what we need is experienced quality to supplement the squad so that we sustain performances over the entire season (rather than falling away at the end like we have done so often). His Youth project has failed but he fails to recognise it. Tactically he has been out-thought by teams scrapping for relegation in the last few years (like Wigan (twice), QPR, Birmingham in the Carling Cup final, etc etc). His substitutions rarely change a game, and some of his team selections have been baffling to say the least (persisting with Denilson for so long, playing Eboue on the right of midfield, failing to play Oxlade and preferring Ramsey and Gervinho, sticking Bendtner on the right wing)

All this isn't evidence of a top quality manager, and unless you're viewing this through rose tinted specs, you've got to admit Wenger's severe failings in the last 6 years. Before that, he was a good manager no doubt, but even then he was lucky to have inherited the nucleus of a top side (the famous back four, Bergkamp, grit in midfield in the shape of Parlour) and he was able to use that template, add flair to it and develop 2 world class sides. However, since then, when he's had to develop a new side from scratch (recruiting defenders experienced players has always been his weakness) he has not done the business.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 04:47 PM
In the last 6 years Wenger has been a mediocre manager to say the least. He keeps making the same mistakes over and over again, which isn't indicative of quality tbh. He has failed to strengthen the squad sufficiently even though this has been our Achilles Heel for a long time. He consistently buys cheap young players, when it is manifest that what we need is experienced quality to supplement the squad so that we sustain performances over the entire season (rather than falling away at the end like we have done so often). His Youth project has failed but he fails to recognise it. Tactically he has been out-thought by teams scrapping for relegation in the last few years (like Wigan (twice), QPR, Birmingham in the Carling Cup final, etc etc). His substitutions rarely change a game, and some of his team selections have been baffling to say the least (persisting with Denilson for so long, playing Eboue on the right of midfield, failing to play Oxlade and preferring Ramsey and Gervinho, sticking Bendtner on the right wing)

All this isn't evidence of a top quality manager, and unless you're viewing this through rose tinted specs, you've got to admit Wenger's severe failings in the last 6 years. Before that, he was a good manager no doubt, but even then he was lucky to have inherited the nucleus of a top side (the famous back four, Bergkamp, grit in midfield in the shape of Parlour) and he was able to use that template, add flair to it and develop 2 world class sides. However, since then, when he's had to develop a new side from scratch (recruiting defenders experienced players has always been his weakness) he has not done the business.

Neither have your posts, now back you go to the blue moon asylum their missing a patient.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Close the door when you leave.

:lol:

ACH :rose:

Joker
18-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Neither have your posts, now back you go to the blue moon asylum their missing a patient.

Ok.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 04:50 PM
This would be the Dalglishes, Redknapps, Phil Brown and others who have not managed to match Wenger even when he is not at his peak? Mancini was given half a billion to spend so that doesn't really count, not to mention that with all that money, he might end up with nothing to show for it trophy-wise.Dalglish has been in the job over a year and won more than Wenger has in 7 seasons

I know who id rather have

And its not Kenny :coffee:

Or Wenger

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Dalglish has been in the job over a year and won more than Wenger has in 7 seasons

I know who id rather have

And its not Kenny :coffee:

Or Wenger

You were told to close the door when you leave.

Marc Overmars
18-04-2012, 04:54 PM
You were told to close the door when you leave.

I opened it for him.

Joker
18-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Listen Charlie we're not going to leave just because you say so, no one made you a mod.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 04:55 PM
You were told to close the door when you leave.Yeah i didnt get it then

And i dont get it now

So um what?