PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Ramsey - How overrated has he turned out to be????

Newguy
16-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Massively overrated thats how overrated!!!

What a shocking player. He is completely wrong for our midfield and i just dont see a future for him at Arsenal.

Firstly he is shockingly slow. Im at a gasp at times, because he seems to be running through mud. The kids got no pace, I thought Cesc was slow, but he at least made up for his lack of pace (which did improve) with great balance, Ramsey has none of that.

He lacks agility. When he receives the ball with his back to goal (facing his defenders), he's unable to change direction quick enough so it's constanlty slowing down the play, he hasnt got the skill to let the ball run across him, he hasnt got the tecnhinque to be able to make that 90 to 180 degree turn to get the ball moving forward as quickly as possible. Reminds me of Denilson.

The fucking flicks and tricks. WTF is up with this clown??? He's doing back heels, in the worst positions possible and losing possession then he doesnt even have the gas to track back (another classic Denilson trait)

His passing is poor and lacks zip, his long passing is ok, but it's not enough to be effective in this Arsenal side.

Bottom line....he's not needed and once Jack's back, whats left for Ramsey. Coquelin and Frimpong have more potential as central midfield prospects.

Ramsey = Overrated

(so glad I've got that off my chest)

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 09:41 PM
He had good patch of form when we got our season back on track in the Autumn but generally he has been very average.

It's the silly little backheels and flicks that get to me most. It also annoys me how he struts around thinking he's some sort of seasoned playmaker. No, you're a Welsh pub teamer and don't ever forget that.

Unfortunatley we wouldn't even be talking about this guy if Jack was still alive.

Niall_Quinn
16-04-2012, 09:46 PM
This kid is going to be one of our stars - you just watch and wait. 2013-14 will be his year - you can laugh now but I can see him being the standout midfielder in Europe. I predict he'll add goals to his game too, at a guess and based on my experience of the game I'd say he'll have around 13 goals by December in the 2013 season (including a great solo effort against Norwich). There will come a time when Ramsey will be our player of the month, month after month after month. Yes go ahead and laugh - I'll be proved right.

Ollie the Optimist
16-04-2012, 09:48 PM
tbf to the lad he had his leg snapped in two and had to come back from that just when i thought he was really hitting form with us and then he was overplayed and hasnt recovered from it.

deserves a break so hopefully has one this summer, comes back fit and healthy and we should see a massive improvement. if no improvement next season then get rid.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Injured seems to have made him worse tbh, needs to be loaned out next season or sold but one thing is clear he should not be in our team next season.

But wenger loves him for some reason so i won't jold my breath.

The Verminator
16-04-2012, 09:53 PM
As has already been said, he was doing well before his horror injury. Now he's too far below par to be considered for regular football. I agree that loaning him out for a season would be wise.

Newguy
16-04-2012, 09:54 PM
You guys are missing my point a bit. I was typing angry so bare with me...

Basically I just dont see where he fits in the Arsenal side, for me he doesnt have the qualities we need from a midfield player in our set up. He's not like Song, who isnt the qickest but is strong and can pass can get passed players using strength. he's not an Arteta, who makes up for his poor pace and lack of agility with positioning and does have a shot on him, he's not like Wilshere or Rosicky who can turn and spin off markers with close ball control or let the ball roll pass them and dip the shoulder etc to find the pass or drive forward with purpose. The guy is basically just a british denilson.

Next season, how far down the pecking order is he going to be if Wenger does the right think and brings more quality into the midfield??

We have no place for him, he needs to go play for Sunderland, under Hughes, that will do him good. It's not happening with us.

Newguy
16-04-2012, 09:59 PM
I will take into consideration the broken Leg for his lack of pace maybe, but the flicks and shit???? The lack of urgency to track back after he's fucked up an attack by trying so Ronaldomessiesque flick brings flash backs of Denilson's "i cant be arsed to track back even though i caused this counter attack" attitude.

It's horrible. He's Horrible, we need to nip this one in the bud, Ramsey isnt an Arsenal type player, never was and I'm not sure why Wenger took him on. He would have suited Man U more maybe, but for us, we need more than what he can offer or different.

Sucks for him, but he's a disaster right now.

My misses is asking me why he's out of breath so soon after coming off, I just told her he was shit...

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:02 PM
You guys are missing my point a bit. I was typing angry so bare with me...

Basically I just dont see where he fits in the Arsenal side, for me he doesnt have the qualities we need from a midfield player in our set up. He's not like Song, who isnt the qickest but is strong and can pass can get passed players using strength. he's not an Arteta, who makes up for his poor pace and lack of agility with positioning and does have a shot on him, he's not like Wilshere or Rosicky who can turn and spin off markers with close ball control or let the ball roll pass them and dip the shoulder etc to find the pass or drive forward with purpose. The guy is basically just a british denilson.Next season, how far down the pecking order is he going to be if Wenger does the right think and brings more quality into the midfield??

We have no place for him, he needs to go play for Sunderland, under Hughes, that will do him good. It's not happening with us.

Feck off at least Ramsey shows heart and passion Denilson showed none, Denilson never came back from a bad injury just played like he did.

Ramsey has been woeful this season and the wise thing to do would be to Loan him out to a midtable team and hope for the best.

No one will buy him now.

Power n Glory
16-04-2012, 10:02 PM
The 90 to 180 disagree turn thing and being so slow on the turn is why he has no business starting. If you haven't got the technique or awareness to do that sort of thing then he's no good to us. Has nothing to do with his injury or fatigue either because this is a partly a mental thing. He anticipate what to do next when he receives the ball and even before the leg break he'd do stupid flicks or make dangerous passes the hen under pressure.

When I first saw Cesc, I was impressed with that side of his game. Young but he protected the ball, was able to turn hisar then ping off a ball to a player in open space, then move to look for space and the next pass. Song can do it, Wilshere can do it, Rosicky can do it...the players that rely get caught in possession or need to draw a foul when a players close.

Ramsey hasn't got that instinct and doesn't have that vision or quick decision making ability. Shame really.

milla
16-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Feck off at least Ramsey shows heart and passion Denilson showed none, Denilson never came back from a bad injury just played like he did.

Ramsey has been woeful this season and the wise thing to do would be to Loan him out to a midtable team and hope for the best.

No one will buy him now.

Heart but no legs is just as useless as legs with no heart. Ramsey = Denilson :coffee:

Newguy
16-04-2012, 10:12 PM

No one will buy him now.

so you agree he's overrated...ave a word with yourself mate. Explain the crazy flicks....

The guys shit right now and I personally dont have the time for him and dont rate him. Lucky for him, he is now Wenger's "new adopted son".

how does he get more time than Oxlade?? Yossi should have went into the centre when Arteta got injured with Ox taking up the the left flank. Ramsey has been poor for months.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:15 PM
so you agree he's overrated...ave a word with yourself mate. Explain the crazy flicks....

The guys shit right now and I personally dont have the time for him and dont rate him. Lucky for him, he is now Wenger's "new adopted son".

how does he get more time than Oxlade?? Yossi should have went into the centre when Arteta got injured with Ox taking up the the left flank. Ramsey has been poor for months.

Well no one is going to buy him are they, and no top 4 team will loan him so the only option would be to Loan him to an everton or Sunderland. Unless Cardiff want to buy him back but can't see him wanted to go back to the championship.

Fats
16-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Just watch him all game, or watch a game back and you will be shocked as to how many times he miss passes.

Not an Arsenal player. Dont care about his leg break not anyones concern when you pick the team. He has to be picked on merit not sympathy.

Terrible player, wont make it at the highest level.

Tipsychubbs
16-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Needs a full season's loan to get back to the level he was pre-injury. He's not ready for the 1st team at the moment. Still has potential, so can't to write him off yet.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2012, 10:19 PM
being played out of position.

he's no creative attacking midfielder or left winger. i see him more as a DM. someone who hustles for the ball.

another one of wengers 'genius' tactical moves.

Power n Glory
16-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Ramsey has been the thorn in our side all bloody season. I was complaining for months about our lack of fluidity in the squad. Our central midfield play was terrible. Arteta wasn't creating anything and neither was Ramsey. But at least with Arteta, he works his bloody socks off. Not the biggest guy or fastest, but a team tries to counter, he'll try to put a boot in quickly or close them down. I've started to appreciate what he adds to our core defensively.

Ramsey hasn't found his stride and I'm not surprised about us suddenly going on an unbeaten run as soon as he's left out of the team. It's not just the record, it's the way we've looked playing. The sharpness has come back and the fluidity is getting there again. We lacked that for months with him in the team. He can't play the conductor role. Little Mozart has come in and done beautifully and he should have been starting games ages ago because he's always been that sort of player.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Now With jack out the Euro's this guy willl be kept just in case. FFS.

Newguy
16-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Then we're fucked. I honestly feel that Ramsey could be a massive factor in us not getting cl football if he continues to be picked. He's that bad.

There are other players who have also beenn poor, but at least gervinho isn't in the engine room like Ramsey. Midfield is too important to the way we play especially so Ramsey has no business in there.

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Never really rated him before his injury and i was slaughtered for it.

His injury as with Eduardo made him out to be better than what he was by GWers.

Since hes been back, hes been shit. First few months could be blamed on getting back to fitness but its been over a year now and hes shit.

Another failed signing from Wengers Youth Project

Globalgunner
17-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Please stop using his broken leg 2 years ago as an excuse Ramsey is slow and has always been slow. Antonio Valencia had his leg broken and came back maybe even better without losing pace. Then again it is well known that our medical team are the worst in the EPL and our head groundsman doubles as the club doctor. Our backroom staff is crap, (btw so is the manager).<br> <br>Really though, I think the problem is the psychology. The players always think they are the walking wounded and doubt that they are properly healed, this plays on their minds and they are afraid to fully exert themselves or jump into tackles. Diaby is a prime example of this. His explosion against Barton at Newcastle after been tackled was an example of a player being overly precious, he just doesnt want to be involved in any high impact confrontation again (except where JTs head is involved).<br><br>Ramsey would have been better off going to ManU instead of choosing us at least there he could have learnt at the feet of the great Michael Carrick

LDG
17-04-2012, 09:44 AM
The same was said of Song when he started out.

He's quite clearly not shit.

He's been poor the last 4 months, but then again, he's still trying to get back to where he was originally. Doesn't help himself with the cocking backheels though.

KSE Comedy Club
17-04-2012, 09:46 AM
He'll be ok when he can learn to shoot without slicing the ball, which he seems to do every single time.

Flavs
17-04-2012, 09:48 AM
not having a good time at the moment which isn't being helped by the manager constantly playing him in different positions all the time.

Still he is better than Walcott

Kano
17-04-2012, 09:49 AM
i look forward to a long career with us. he'll come good, he just needs to figure out what type of player he wants to be.

server too busy!
17-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Think we need to start the Ox in midfield but it won't happen. Who else is there to replace Arteta apart from Ramsey and Ox? Benayoun can't play against Chelsea, where are Diaby and Coquelin, these are the players we need to be playing.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-04-2012, 11:24 AM
he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. thats the problem.

he's clearly not mature enough and powerful enough to play yet. completely different to jack, who makes the right pass every time. the difference in decision making is astonishing.

there's a reason why fergie only offered him a youth contract, well because thats exactly what he is; a young player. not a starting player or someone who's supposed to make a big difference to a top 4 team who is supposedly going into every season pushing for the title. he should be out on loan or starting in the reserves, building himself up.

unfortunately for us he is a starting player because we have little depth apart from him.

Flavs
17-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Ah the mystical Jack Wilshere myth, I wondered when this magical unicorn would appear

Power n Glory
17-04-2012, 11:43 AM
The same was said of Song when he started out.

He's quite clearly not shit.

He's been poor the last 4 months, but then again, he's still trying to get back to where he was originally. Doesn't help himself with the cocking backheels though.

After the odd game and sub appearances, people doubted Song. People hadn't seen enough him play and were quickly jumping the gun. But when he had a full run in the middle, after 15 or so games, people were rating him. Ramsey has almost the whole season and he isn't getting any better.

Grebbo
17-04-2012, 11:45 AM
He's really bad at the moment. I mean Denilson bad.

He needs to be dropped and loaned out next season.

Now Arteta is out for the season we're going to have to rely on Welshy to get us Champs Lge spot.

Ernesto
17-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Hmm, I think it's more to do with the philosophy of how we play more than anything. Had Ramsey been at any mid-table team, or even a Newcastle, he'd have been getting plaudits by now, with many a 'pundit' wondering why one of the bigger clubs hadn't snapped him up.

Back to the philosophy thing (very cut-and-shut post, this!) If we didn't decide to play with the tippy-tappy, sideways-passing, better-safe-than-sorry Wengerball, Ramsey may well be winning more aerial challenges, more 50-50s and taking more meaningful shots at goal. In actual fact, I don't think he's doing much more wrong than both Arteta and Song, yet those two midfielders have, by general consensus, had a successful season :unsure:

If you threw in Wilshere next to Ramsey, I'm dead certain he'd evolve as a player (a little like the maturing-pear effect!)

Give him time. The jury's not out on him just yet, and I don't believe he's turned into the shocking shell of a player we were once promised a la Bendtner and Denilson.

Kano
17-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Give him time. The jury's not out on him just yet, and I don't believe he's turned into the shocking shell of a player we were once promised a la Bendtner and Denilson.
of course he hasn't but he is just the easy target at the moment

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 03:42 PM
of course he hasn't but he is just the easy target at the momentJust like Denilson then cos he was never that bad.

Did basically what Arteta has been doing this season and hes apparently been a great buy :blink:

One rule for one player, another for another player

Ernesto
17-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Just like Denilson then cos he was never that bad.

Nah, he was shit.

Marc Overmars
17-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Send him on loan to Reading when they come up.

BOBN
17-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Feck off at least Ramsey shows heart and passion...
This is a lie. Youre a liar.

he jogs around the pitch. floats. He doesnt press. Yesterday wenger even had to bollock him to hurry up with getting the ball for a throw-in. youve made this up, like many fans do, to protect a favoured player.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Nah, he was shit.

Not really he had talent and a good pass, was just a lazy son of a bitch. He was more a frustating player then a shit one.

Dennis Bendtner
17-04-2012, 04:36 PM
He will be back.

milla
21-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Not really he had talent and a good pass, was just a lazy son of a bitch. He was more a frustating player then a shit one.

ie Ramsey is shit. :coffee:

Coney
21-04-2012, 03:44 PM
ie Ramsey is shit. :coffee:

Perry :rose:

Newguy
21-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Shocking player, everything I mentioned in my opening post was witnessed from the boy today, totally useless and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.

Power n Glory
21-04-2012, 10:08 PM
He has no awareness and was caught in possession far too often.

Dennis Bendtner
21-04-2012, 10:42 PM
I think his confidence is rock bottom and has been for weeks. Ideally he would not be playing now but the midfield has few options. The multiple times he was caught in possession today - he just dallied and had brainfarts. When you have no confidence in your game it tends to go tits up. It's a tough time. He's a good player and we'll see better next season.

Power n Glory
22-04-2012, 07:02 AM
We'd be better off with Diaby or Coquelin playing if they are fit enough to start. As soon as we kicked off, Ramsey dallied on the ball came under pressure and made hasty pass which could have cost us posssession. He slows our play down because he doesnn't know how to make himself available for a pass and when he does receive the ball it takes him ages to pass it off. His positioning is so bad that he often gets caught occupying the same space as another Arsenal player.

He needs to sit and watch a tape of himself for that came. If he comes back with the same faults next season he has no chance of playing first team football next year.

selassie
22-04-2012, 09:59 PM
My take on Ramsey is that he's a good young talent, we have all seen enough promise from him to acknowledge this. He's put in a few very good performances this season, though in general his performances have been below par.

I think we have two problems with him at the moment, the first is that Arsene has overplayed him this season, he's put too much trust in him. The second is that his confidence is and tatters and his general form awful. He absolutely should be nowhere near the first XI, in fact he wouldn't be if the likes of Arteta, Jack & Diaby were fully fit IMHO.

He actually quite like him as a player and think once he finds confidence and form could be a very good squad option, I just don't think he's good enough to start and certainly don't think he should be starting now.

GP
06-12-2013, 10:48 AM
:)

LDG
06-12-2013, 10:50 AM
:lol:

It's embarrassing innit.

Zerlathon
06-12-2013, 10:58 AM
How things can change in a short space of time...

LDG
06-12-2013, 11:05 AM
How things can change in a short space of time...

Ramsey obviously deserves immense credit for getting himself to this point, but so does Wenger IMO.

:cloud9:

Marc Overmars
06-12-2013, 12:12 PM
It's great to be proved wrong.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Wow....those comments!

A Gunner
06-12-2013, 12:53 PM
I want to see what newguy has to say?

The Emirates Gallactico
06-12-2013, 01:04 PM
lol newguy.

He's just won Arsenal player of the month for the fifth month in a row!!! Unprecedented.

Wenger knows. Newguy doesn't.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-12-2013, 01:11 PM
I think the comments in regards to Ramsey were spot on at the time, what has gone on with Ramsey this season has been nothing short of a metamorphasis and has been one of the form if not the form midfielder in Europe. 11 goals for Arsenal prior to this season, 13 goals before December this season.

Letters
06-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Never really rated him before his injury and i was slaughtered for it.

His injury as with Eduardo made him out to be better than what he was by GWers.

Since hes been back, hes been shit. First few months could be blamed on getting back to fitness but its been over a year now and hes shit.

Another failed signing from Wengers Youth Project
Cripps :rose:

Marc Overmars
06-12-2013, 01:16 PM
He struggled badly on the right, there's no doubt about that.

At the back end of last season he was moved back into the centre and began to show he had an engine. To be honest that's all I ever thought he'd be, a worker of a midfielder. Never thought he'd become as accomplished as he is now.

GP
06-12-2013, 01:19 PM
To be fair, with hindsight, it's east to point fingers and laugh at those who got it wrong.

So I will.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-12-2013, 01:24 PM
If the assertion was that he was overrated back then, then it was certainly wrong. If anything, you can argue that he was underrated now, so in that sense the initial assertions were definitely wrong. Even if there were legitimate grounds for leaning towards that conclusion at the time.

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-12-2013, 01:27 PM
That is soo disturbing. Really really disturbing.

You want to know how someone put a webcam in your room without you knowing...

GP
06-12-2013, 01:28 PM
That is soo disturbing. Really really disturbing.

Are you new to the internet?

Bumble
06-12-2013, 01:33 PM
I actually always had time for Ramsey, i think he displayed a good attitude and desire. Always saw him as a hassler/harrier in midfield and someone with a good engine to go box to box... but not a goal scoring creative dynamo. He is the main reason we are where we are.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-12-2013, 01:38 PM
I actually always had time for Ramsey, i think he displayed a good attitude and desire. Always saw him as a hassler/harrier in midfield and someone with a good engine to go box to box... but not a goal scoring creative dynamo. He is the main reason we are where we are.

I won't sugar soap history (even if i could but i think my past views on Ramsey are well known) i hated him, i hated how slow he was, how he couldn't pass, tackle, track back....now his passing is excellent, his first touch is exponentially better....his confidence in front of goal is marked...and closes down well (albeit in the more attacking third of the pitch which is where he belongs).

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-12-2013, 01:40 PM
The bright minds of tomorrow or of yesteryear find new ways to disturb.

Power n Glory
06-12-2013, 02:15 PM
:doh:

Master Splinter
06-12-2013, 02:17 PM
I won't sugar soap history (even if i could but i think my past views on Ramsey are well known) i hated him, i hated how slow he was, how he couldn't pass, tackle, track back....now his passing is excellent, his first touch is exponentially better....his confidence in front of goal is marked...and closes down well (albeit in the more attacking third of the pitch which is where he belongs).

Sugar Soap :bow:.

Master Splinter
06-12-2013, 02:22 PM
He struggled badly on the right, there's no doubt about that.

At the back end of last season he was moved back into the centre and began to show he had an engine. To be honest that's all I ever thought he'd be, a worker of a midfielder. Never thought he'd become as accomplished as he is now.

Has everyone forgotten his early games for us and his standout performances for Wales U21s and their senior team? He often controlled games and sprayed balls around from quite deep, much like a young Cisc. He had the powerful direct running and a powerful shot too. It's the sudden steely composure in the box which is the only surprising aspect of Ramsey 3.0. Everything else was already there.

Syn
06-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Player of the month 5 months in a row. How long have arsenal.com been running the competition? Must be the record unless RVP has it.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
06-12-2013, 02:38 PM
The thing with Ramsey was that he always had this in his DNA. He was always trying out little flicks and tricks, ridiculous dribbles and passes, but it wouldn't come off. The timing would always be a fraction too late/too early which would fuck everything up. Now that he's completely sharp and accurate, everything is coming off as he imagines it in his head.

Power n Glory
06-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Has everyone forgotten his early games for us and his standout performances for Wales U21s and their senior team? He often controlled games and sprayed balls around from quite deep, much like a young Cisc. He had the powerful direct running and a powerful shot too. It's the sudden steely composure in the box which is the only surprising aspect of Ramsey 3.0. Everything else was already there.

He was 50/50 in the early days. Had a bad habit of making blind passes that turned over possession in dangerous areas. Would almost result in the opposition scoring. He’s cut that out if his game now. He never controlled the park like Cesc. I’ve yet to see a player replicate that level of influence in the middle.

Letters
06-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Sugar Soap :bow:.

:haha:

GP
06-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Why's that funny?

Syn
06-12-2013, 02:52 PM

You could see he had talent but he's doing everything about 10 times better. In case you haven't heard he's feeling a lot more confident right now and you can tell he likes the responsibility of being the main man. Players (inc. Ozil) look to him to open up an opportunity and while Ramsey isn't Townsend he has become more selfish - realising he can probably do a better job near goal than anyone else we have.

And it gives you a massive advantage when you are some sort of stamina freak. He must have worked his nuts off after he cruelly traumatised Shawcross.

Letters
06-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Why's that funny?
I don't know. Just tickled me :lol:

Master Splinter
06-12-2013, 03:00 PM
He was 50/50 in the early days. Had a bad habit of making blind passes that turned over possession in dangerous areas. Would almost result in the opposition scoring. He’s cut that out if his game now. He never controlled the park like Cesc. I’ve yet to see a player replicate that level of influence in the middle.

I'm talking about his very early performances in the League Cup and games where he was the clear standout for Wales. Obviously the opposition wasn't great, but he displayed all his attributes. He wasn't exactly like Fabregas, but he was closer to being that sort of technical midfielder than he was the workhorse British grit merchant that many seemed to have written him off as. Most of the negative stuff about his game came from the post-injury period. Much like Wilshere is being written off based on the last few months rather than judging him on his hugely promising first season before an 18-month injury stalled his progress.

Power n Glory
06-12-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm talking about his very early performances in the League Cup and games where he was the clear standout for Wales. Obviously the opposition wasn't great, but he displayed all his attributes. He wasn't exactly like Fabregas, but he was closer to being that sort of technical midfielder than he was the workhorse British grit merchant that many seemed to have written him off as. Most of the negative stuff about his game came from the post-injury period. Much like Wilshere is being written off based on the last few months rather than judging him on his hugely promising first season before an 18-month injury stalled his progress.

I mean those early games too. Had periods during the game where he'd look good but also had the tendency to take risks that were costly. Before his leg break he got better and was starting to shoot more. No idea what happened after the leg break. I think his confidence was shot because it wasn't a physical thing and he never looked scared in the challenge either. He's in beast mode right now. I never thought he'd make such a quick turnaround.

selassie
06-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Well at least I said he was a "good young talent" back in 2012 ;)

I generally feel chuffed for Ramsey, he's stuck at it and his talent is now showing, kudos to Wenger too. TBH, I thought he was very good when he first broke into the team when he was 18 so the potential was always there. ;)

Ollie the Optimist
06-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Ramsey had another exceptional month but the player of the month should have been given to Szcesney IMO. he made some crucial saves this month. deserved recognition

LDG
06-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Ramsey had another exceptional month but the player of the month should have been given to Szcesney IMO. he made some crucial saves this month. deserved recognition

Nah.

Ramsey :bow:

Dein-machine
07-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Sometimes you have to hold yours hands up. Thought he was a good young signing especially as Fergie was after him. But then we got glimpses of quality but just as much poor stuff. Last year I wanted him gone, he wasnt a player to improve Arsenal or help win us a trophy - as I said earlier, hands up,

Penguin
08-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Agreed, Chesney has made some stunning, match-winning saves. Those saves were just as important to us as the goals we've scored at the other end.

Letters
08-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Didn't score today.
Ian Wright was right, he's just been lucky up till now and the luck ran out today.

milla
08-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Shite player :coffee: