PDA

View Full Version : Match reaction vs Chavs

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Poor Performance tbh. but ill take the point, we all all the points we can get.

Too many players once again lacked the fight today.

On to Stoke we go.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Should be sued for crimes against football. That was horrific.

Dennis Bendtner
21-04-2012, 01:45 PM
That was an incredible game. End to end. Box to box. Well worth watching.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 01:48 PM
A bit painful to watch. . .Kos was our best player, Gibbs played well

Tbh thought we found Santos's position

Ralpheroo72
21-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Wow, that was like Kerry Katona on breakfast TV when she had too many tablets

Master Splinter
21-04-2012, 01:50 PM
When Gibbs is your best and most assertive player in every position of the pitch, you know something's wrong.

RVP straight swap for Holt tbh.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 01:51 PM
flat, deflated, nonenergetic.. just a couple of words to sum that game up.

first of all, why did ox get taken off for santos? ox wasn't doing much but he's one of our only creative players. when he got taken off and theo go injured we had no creativity whatsoever. we also became extremely narrow which didn't help us as their midfield handled our pressure easily, doubling up on most of our players.

ramsey had one of those days where he'd do one right thing followed by two things wrong, still don't know what to make of him.

i keep referring to it but this is where the weakness of our bench is clear for all to see. imagine having a podolski on the bench to come on and spark some life into these idiots. it seems the season may be tailing off for us at exactly the wrong time; arteta injured, theo probably done his hamstring, rvp knackered and with stoke away coming up next top 4 is by no means guaranteed.

this was the worst chelsea team ive seen us play in a decade, they literally had nothing to offer. yet we still couldnt capitalise on it. not good.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 01:52 PM
A bit painful to watch. . .Kos was our best player, Gibbs played well

Tbh thought we found Santos's position

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
Embarrassing from the chavs, depressingly familiar from us. We simply can't ever, ever, ever, ever, put the opposition away in terms of league standings. We always leave the door open.

Horrible football, slow, boring, frustrating, careless. Ramsey, Gervinho, Diaby and theo again now his cameo is over. Fucking horrible pointless players.

Could ave done with RvP being on form today but no luck.

Joker
Appalling game. Now that RVP's off form no one else is going to step up to the plate. If we missed him for a period we'd probably be in mid-table. It seems we really struggle to create chances as well, our best opportunities seem to come from free-kicks, crosses and other pub team moments, we don't have any creativity anymore. Our passing is so slow these days, there's no one-touch movements, which is why the opposition find it so easy to block us off. I don't think many of these players can actually cope with that style of football, they're simply not good enough.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Wow, that was like Kerry Katona on breakfast TV when she had too many tablets

more like kerry katona on a come down from cocaine

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 01:54 PM
flat, deflated, nonenergetic.. just a couple of words to sum that game up.

first of all, why did ox get taken off for santos? ox wasn't doing much but he's one of our only creative players. when he got taken off and theo go injured we had no creativity whatsoever. we also became extremely narrow which didn't help us as their midfield handled our pressure easily, doubling up on most of our players.

ramsey had one of those days where he'd do one right thing followed by two things wrong, still don't know what to make of him.

i keep referring to it but this is where the weakness of our bench is clear for all to see. imagine having a podolski on the bench to come on and spark some life into these idiots. it seems the season may be tailing off for us at exactly the wrong time; arteta injured, theo probably done his hamstring, rvp knackered and with stoke away coming up next top 4 is by no means guaranteed.

this was the worst chelsea team ive seen us play in a decade, they literally had nothing to offer. yet we still couldnt capitalise on it. not good.

:gp: the 1st 11 were really bad today even RVP whop seems to be off form for some reason.

This is another example of not buying quality in the summer costing us, but like some said at least we did not lose.

jelgoon
21-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Basically a very boring,end-of-season game with an incredible amount of mistakes in it for a top of the table clash. Both teams were poor offensively but defended well. Not much more to say.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 01:55 PM
:gp: the 1st 11 were really bad today even RVP whop seems to be off form for some reason.

This is another example of not buying quality in the summer costing us, but like some said at least we did not lose.

the reason is he's knackered. simples.

and with robin going to the euro's straight after the season finishes the real worry is what state he'll be in next season, because at the moment he's a ticking timebomb for an injury. he needs rest but we cant rest him and ive got this inkling he'll get injured with holland.

Syn
21-04-2012, 01:57 PM
We missed our chances. RVP had at least one fantastic opportunity from Walcott's free-kick, and then Koscielny hit the bar from a free header. A month ago, both go in. Right now, things aren't happening.

The lack of general quality is also obvious. We miss Arteta and there's no good back-up.

Joker

RVP seems to have played every single game for us, and has been off form for a month now (he's lucky the PFA awards were decided early, otherwise he wouldn't be getting it)

No one else seems capable of taking responsibility, which is why our form has tailed off.

Dennis Bendtner
At least Diaby was predictably hilarious. Highlights - losing the ball on the edge of our box and standing there watching play carry on. An amazing through-ball that nearly went for a throw. Late tackle on Essien.

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 01:58 PM
RVP seems to have played every single game for us, and has been off form for a month now (he's lucky the PFA awards were decided early, otherwise he wouldn't be getting it)

No one else seems capable of taking responsibility, which is why our form has tailed off.

Really? So who would be getting it? Silva I suppose?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 01:58 PM
the reason is he's knackered. simples.

and with robin going to the euro's straight after the season finishes the real worry is what state he'll be in next season, because at the moment he's a ticking timebomb for an injury. he needs rest but we cant rest him and ive got this inkling he'll get injured with holland.

Same with all our players tbh, this is why OX should not go to the Euro's either.

I agree RVP is tired but he seems to have his future on his mind too.

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 01:59 PM
At least Diaby was predictably hilarious. Highlights - losing the ball on the edge of our box and standing there watching play carry on. An amazing through-ball that nearly went for a throw. Late tackle on Essien.

Not entirely predictable, he didn't get injured. So not even a silver lining.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 02:00 PM

another bizarre decision to bring him on especially as we had no subs left afterwards. wenger took a huge risk. all it takes is for him to find a niggle and he'd have come straight off just like he did at anfield and we would have had no choice but to play with 10. coquelin would have been a better/sensible option.

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Really? So who would be getting it? Silva I suppose?

Probably Aguero, who's played more consistently (although to be fair he has much better players around him rather than mediocre ones like Ramsey, Gervinho, Diaby, Walcott)

jelgoon
21-04-2012, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=Joker;126536]RVP seems to have played every single game for us, and has been off form for a month now (he's lucky the PFA awards were decided early, otherwise he wouldn't be getting it)

No one else seems capable of taking responsibility, which is why our form has tailed off.[/QUOR

RVP hasnt been that bad lately -he's just knackered. He's gotta win the two awards - he's been the clear standout player this season.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Probably Aguero, who's played more consistently (although to be fair he has much better players around him rather than mediocre ones like Ramsey, Gervinho, Diaby, Walcott)

:haha: hes not even been city's best player this season pull the other won. anything to have a dig at RVP eh?

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=Joker;126536]RVP seems to have played every single game for us, and has been off form for a month now (he's lucky the PFA awards were decided early, otherwise he wouldn't be getting it)

No one else seems capable of taking responsibility, which is why our form has tailed off.[/QUOR

RVP hasnt been that bad lately -he's just knackered. He's gotta win the two awards - he's been the clear standout player this season.

He probably won't win the Football Writer's awards, because of his "non handshake" with Caldwell so they'll give it Mr Fairplay himself Ashley Young.

Dennis Bendtner
21-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Van Persie has been poor ever since the missed chance against Milan. About six weeks? But that's just a reference point. Chances are he is fatigued, but the quality has not been there. Goes back to the point about needing better players, I suppose (alongside him obv).

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:08 PM
:haha: hes not even been city's best player this season pull the other won. anything to have a dig at RVP eh?

He's got 21 goals and 9 assists in 30 EPL games, and he's an extremely energetic player who closes down defenders, runs the channels and is a real fighter. It's also his first season in the Premiership.
I'm not really having a dig at RVP, it's more aimed at the squad itself, which is so devoid of quality that we've been forced to play him in almost every game this season. If we had signed a decent forward in the summer instead of crap like Park, he'd probably be more refreshed as we approached this part of the season, and wouldn't have tailed away so much.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 02:11 PM
He's got 21 goals and 9 assists in 30 EPL games, and he's an extremely energetic player who closes down defenders, runs the channels and is a real fighter. It's also his first season in the Premiership.
I'm not really having a dig at RVP, it's more aimed at the squad itself, which is so devoid of quality that we've been forced to play him in almost every game this season. If we had signed a decent forward in the summer instead of crap like Park, he'd probably be more refreshed as we approached this part of the season, and wouldn't have tailed away so much.

dont question the best manager in the premier league. he knows what he's doing.

Niall_Quinn

Joker strikes again. Laughable stuff.

Joker
RVP's actually contributed (through goals and assists) 39 of the 67 league goals we've scored, which is 58% of all the goals we've scored. This shows how reliant we've been on him.

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Joker strikes again. Laughable stuff.

You're just letting your anti Man City bias cloud your judgement. If you've watched him play he guy's been incredibly good on a consistent basis. I admit that he's surrounded by much better players and if RVP was in the City team he'd probably have even better statistics than he does with us.

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 02:13 PM
RVP's actually contributed (through goals and assists) 39 of the 67 league goals we've scored, which is 58% of all the goals we've scored. This shows how reliant we've been on him.

And it also proves how inconsistent he's been. He's a pretender tbh.

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 02:14 PM
You're just letting your anti Man City bias cloud your judgement. If you've watched him play he guy's been incredibly good on a consistent basis. I admit that he's surrounded by much better players and if RVP was in the City team he'd probably have even better statistics than he does with us.

This couldn't possibly be down to your anti arsenal bias i suppose?

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=Joker;126557]RVP's actually contributed (through goals and assists) 39 of the 67 league goals we've scored, which is 58% of all the goals we've scored. This shows how reliant we've been on him.[/QUOTE

But only 42% of opposition players' hands have been shaken, so letting us down there

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 02:16 PM

And RVP has more goals then him whats your point.

Like i said he is not the best player at city and even their fans will tell you that.

RVP has shown he is the best Stiker in England reardless what stats say.

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:17 PM

LOL I'm an Arsenal fan so I wouldn't have an Anti-Arsenal bias would I you mong? I've been posting on GW for over 5 years, it'd be a pretty elaborate disguise to keep up for that long wouldn't it?

http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?showuser=1897

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Nope its down to his RVP hate tbh. This is the guy who started the RVP is shit thread. He's probs splaffed in the last few games RVP has not done well so he can gloat.

Niall_Quinn
LOL I'm an Arsenal fan so I wouldn't have an Anti-Arsenal bias would I you mong? I've been posting on GW for over 5 years, it'd be a pretty elaborate disguise to keep up for that long wouldn't it?

http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?showuser=1897

And two years of claiming RvP is shit but nobody is buying that either.

McNamara That Ghost...
It's not a huge surprise that we've ended up quickly veering away from today's game.

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 02:21 PM
It's not a huge surprise that we've ended up quickly veering away from today's game.

Bit of a shocker joker is suddenly picking on RvP though. Who could have seen that coming?

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:22 PM
And two years of claiming RvP is shit but nobody is buying that either.

Believe what you want, I don't really give a shit. I don't think too many people buy your persona on here either. You're probably a corporate whore resident in Kensington who pretends to be against all that.

Xhaka Can’t
21-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Take your sniping at each other elsewhere.

I'm totally sick of it, and I suspect others are as well.

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Believe what you want, I don't really give a shit. I don't think too many people buy your persona on here either. You're probably a corporate whore resident in Kensington who pretends to be against all that.

Sorry? What's that got to do with anything? You did the racist thing last week and now I'm a toff? You're an odd fucker. Back to the point, no Augero isn't in RvPs class in terms of performance this season. Get over it.

Ralpheroo72
21-04-2012, 02:25 PM
newcastle shitting on stoke in 1st of 2 games in hand on us. What odds Stoke shit on us when we play them.

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 02:26 PM

Can you give us a list of allowed topics please?

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:27 PM

I haven't done anything, he's the one who jumps down my throat whenever I voice an opinion. I haven't said RVP is shit, I've said he's lost form in the last month which isn't entirely his fault either because he's had to carry the team and hold their hands throughout the season. Last week I criticised our performance against Wigan, and he then accuses me of being a Citeh fan. Surprising that someone who's so in favour of freedom of speech seems so vigilant against anyone who commits the thought-crime of criticising Wenger and/or the team.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 02:29 PM
newcastle shitting on stoke in 1st of 2 games in hand on us. What odds Stoke shit on us when we play them.

Their game in hand is at Stamford bridge not to mention they still have to play City. Its spuds we have to worry about and Chavs.

Xhaka Can’t
21-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Can you give us a list of allowed topics please?

In this thread, the clue is in the title.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 02:30 PM
I haven't done anything, he's the one who jumps down my throat whenever I voice an opinion. I haven't said RVP is shit, I've said he's lost form in the last month which isn't entirely his fault either because he's had to carry the team and hold their hands throughout the season. Last week I criticised our performance against Wigan, and he then accuses me of being a Citeh fan. Surprising that someone who's so in favour of freedom of speech seems so vigilant against anyone who commits the thought-crime of criticising Wenger and/or the team.

Oh grow up ffs we ain't at fecking school with all that He said she said shite.

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 02:31 PM
In this thread, the clue is in the title.

RvP played today, that's what the discussion was about. Until all the Kensington stuff came up, whatever that was about. You might be sick of the sniping, fair enough. But a year listening to a bloke trash everything about the team is a bit like stretching a rubber band. It snaps.

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:31 PM
At least in the past Wenger could fall back on the "we play the best football in the league" claim, he can't do that now because our football is slow, laboured, predictable and dire. Although Chelsea were even worse. Absolutely no ambition whatsoever, and given the amount of money they've spent it's a bit of an embarrassment. Wigan were much more progressive than Chelsea. Another reason why it'd be great if they miss out on qualification and get ****ed by Barca next week.

Ralpheroo72
21-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Their game in hand is at Stamford bridge not to mention they still have to play City. Its spuds we have to worry about and Chavs.

in the unlikely event the chavs win the champs league and finish out of top 4, they qualify. The 4th place team then loses out, we cannot (will) fuck this up, we must finish 3rd.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 02:34 PM
in the unlikely event the chavs win the champs league and finish out of top 4, they qualify. The 4th place team then loses out, we cannot (will) fuck this up, we must finish 3rd.

Yes 3rd is a must, don't care how we get the points thats all that matters now.

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 02:34 PM

Well leave it till the last minute of the last game.

selassie
21-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Anybody else worried we might miss out on top 4? I wouldnt put it past this team to screw up.

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I've just had a look at Walcott's stats, and although as a footballer I think he's mediocre, if you combine his goals+assists stats with RVP, those two have been involved in 87% of our goals this season. That's a hugely worrying statistic for any football team. Moreover, we can't feasibly drop Walcott based on his contribution, but on the other hand playing him lowers the quality of football on display because he's incapable of participating in a high speed one-touch style of football.

We desperately need a summer cleanout, at the moment we're trying to play a style of football that the players aren't capable of. Either we sell the thrash and get better players in (unlikely), or Wenger admits expectations need to be lower and we resort to a pub team style looking to consolidate 4th at best.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 02:41 PM

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Popcorn-09-Psych.gif

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Anybody else worried we might miss out on top 4? I wouldnt put it past this team to screw up.

Walcott's probably out for the season, RVP's off form and as these two have contributed to most of our goals, it's entirely possible we'll drop out of the top 4. If Spurs and Newcastle win their games in hand, we're in trouble. Stoke away will be extremely difficult, as will WBA away. Norwich home may look a banker, but given the way we're playing I wouldn't put it past Norwich to get a result, especially given the way they beat Spuds a few weeks back.

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Well GB I'll bug out but I don't think it's a good idea to give this guy a free pass to come on here and gloat while stepping on anyone who tells him to fuck off.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 02:44 PM
I've just had a look at Walcott's stats, and although as a footballer I think he's mediocre, if you combine his goals+assists stats with RVP, those two have been involved in 87% of our goals this season. That's a hugely worrying statistic for any football team. Moreover, we can't feasibly drop Walcott based on his contribution, but on the other hand playing him lowers the quality of football on display because he's incapable of participating in a high speed one-touch style of football.

We desperately need a summer cleanout, at the moment we're trying to play a style of football that the players aren't capable of. Either we sell the thrash and get better players in (unlikely), or Wenger admits expectations need to be lower and we resort to a pub team style looking to consolidate 4th at best.

i agree

lets start with rvp tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 02:45 PM

No unless Chavs beat barca to get to the final if that happen then we may have to worry.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 02:46 PM
i agree

lets start with rvp tbh

:haha:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
Well GB I'll bug out but I don't think it's a good idea to give this guy a free pass to come on here and gloat while stepping on anyone who tells him to fuck off.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GL8QXYUKatA/T3ORe07boBI/AAAAAAAAA3g/WbX4xEzYmig/s1600/the-rock-clapping.gif

Olivier's xmas twist

Master Splinter
21-04-2012, 02:50 PM
on Theo Walcott's injury…
It looks like a serious hamstring. First we assessed the hamstring, he wanted to go on and stay on the pitch, and I think he should have gone off straight away because the second time it was a real hamstring [injury]. I think now for him it will be tough to come back before the end of the season. It is usually 21 days [minimum]. He should be OK to play for England - he just will have a good rest. You suddenly become favourite to win the European Championship! But I don't think he will be ready to play for us.

:rose:

Joker
21-04-2012, 02:50 PM

How the fuck am I gloating? I know it's difficult to convey emotion on a messageboard but it's fucking clear as day that I'm PISSED OFF at what's happening with this club, which is not something new, but is a trend that been present for over 6 years. Or do you think that we should simply be saying how wonderful a manager AW is, and how well we've played this season? I thought you were all for freedom of speech, or are you only a believer in freedom of speech that you agree with? There are a couple of posters here who would function very well as Soviet Union political commissars; they seem to patrol this board as if they own the place, and abuse and criticise anyone who dares question the direction the club is taking. I've not really responded to their provocations, but it's getting beyond annoying now.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 02:51 PM
How the fuck am I gloating? I know it's difficult to convey emotion on a messageboard but it's fucking clear as day that I'm PISSED OFF at what's happening with this club, which is not something new, but is a trend that been present for over 6 years. Or do you think that we should simply be saying how wonderful a manager AW is, and how well we've played this season? I thought you were all for freedom of speech, or are you only a believer in freedom of speech that you agree with? There are a couple of posters here who would function very well as Soviet Union political commissars; they seem to patrol this board as if they own the place, and abuse and criticise anyone who dares question the direction the club is taking. I've not really responded to their provocations, but it's getting beyond annoying now.

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad242/chimaera2009/GIFS/Excited_basketball_fan.gif

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 02:55 PM
:rose:

You suddenly become favourite to win the European Championship

WTF When were England the favourites. or become.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Just got back

Good point result wise.

Keeps them same amount of points away from us with a game less.

Performane wise, we were terrible. Worst Arsenal team ive seen in 20 odd years. Boring football, no urgency, did any of our players even try shooting outside the area?

Sir Ches and the defence were fine. Sagna has a couple of shit moments but the other 3 were comfortable. Got to say, Kos after an incredibly shit 15-18 months is looking quality.

The midfield were alwful. Only one of the 3 showed any quickness and tried to get things going and then Wenger takes him off :doh: That was Rosicky. Song needs some new ideas. That ball to RVP wont always work and then theres Ramsey. Oh dear god. He needs 7 touches when 1 should do. Hes playing like a Welshman and thats not good. Should have got Ledley tbh.

Up front, Ox was shit, Theo was just as shit and welcome back to our captain. His year long blip is over and back to what we know he is from 2004-2010. Missed ab absolute sitter. Poor decision making, the one time he had Terry i think one on one, he shoots with his right foot instead of cutting in with Big Man already on the floor.

Had to cringe when we made the subs. We bring on Gervinho :haha:, Diaby :haha: :haha: and Santos, the fat one actually did ok but hes fat and cant run and they bring on Mata and Cole

One plus point, seeing an Invincible :bow: Cole got a good cheer from em when he came on.

Anyway Newcastle are winning i think so top 4 is arguably gone for us especially if Spuds win later.

Channel 5 football, here we come

Joker
21-04-2012, 03:14 PM
...and welcome back to our captain. His year long blip is over and back to what we know he is from 2004-2010. Missed ab absolute sitter. Poor decision making, the one time he had Terry i think one on one, he shoots with his right foot instead of cutting in with Big Man already on the floor.

LOL and people say I'm critical of RVP.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Just got back

Good point result wise.

Performane wise, we were terrible. Worst Arsenal team ive seen in 20 odd years. Boring football, no urgency, did any of our players even try shooting outside the area?

Sir Ches and the defence were fine. Sagna has a couple of shit moments but the other 3 were comfortable. Got to say, Kos after an incredibly shit 15-18 months is looking quality.

The midfield were alwful. Only one of the 3 showed any quickness and tried to get things going and then Wenger takes him off :doh: That was Rosicky. Song needs some new ideas. That ball to RVP wont always work and then theres Ramsey. Oh dear god. He needs 7 touches when 1 should do. Hes playing like a Welshman and thats not good. Should have got Ledley tbh.

Up front, Ox was shit, Theo was just as shit and welcome back to our captain. His year long blip is over and back to what we know he is from 2004-2010. Missed ab absolute sitter. Poor decision making, the one time he had Terry i think one on one, he shoots with his right foot instead of cutting in with Big Man already on the floor.

Had to cringe when we made the subs. We bring on Gervinho :haha:, Diaby :haha: :haha: and Santos, the fat one actually did ok but hes fat and cant run and they bring on Mata and Cole

One plus point, seeing an Invincible :bow: Cole got a good cheer from em when he came on.

Anyway Newcastle are winning i think so top 4 is arguably gone for us especially if Spuds win later.

Not really they Newcastle still have to play Chavs and City they won't get a point from any of those 2 games or away to Wigan next week the form wigan are on.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 03:21 PM
LOL and people say I'm critical of RVP.You edited my post

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 03:21 PM
LOL and people say I'm critical of RVP.

You call him shit nuff said.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 03:24 PM
on whether it was a fair result…
It was a very unfair result but it is a result. I think [we should have had a penalty], I think also we had chances. At the end of the game we had the chances and they had zero. I cannot remember them having one chance. Having said that it was a little bit of a strange game because before the game I thought it would be an open one - we had to win, they had to win. They decided to lock up the game and catch us on the break only, with two wide players who are quick, and Torres.

on his team's performance...
On our side I felt we had a very solid defensive performance. Going forward we didn't find our quick passing game and the regret we have today is that we played offensively with a handbrake and not as clean technically as we can do. That is why we didn't open them up enough. It was a bit similar to what we saw against Wigan and that's a regret I have today. They had three defensive midfielders with Romeu, Malouda and Essien in the middle of the park so it was very difficult to play through there. It was very physical as well. They adopted a little bit the system they played against Barcelona - certainly they wanted to practice for Tuesday night.

on whether tiredness is creeping in…
No, I feel that we were a bit nervous today because we lost against Wigan and you could see it played a part in the fact that we played with the handbrake in the first half. To have an open game the two [teams] must go for it, but Chelsea never came really out.

on Theo Walcott's injury…
It looks like a serious hamstring. First we assessed the hamstring, he wanted to go on and stay on the pitch, and I think he should have gone off straight away because the second time it was a real hamstring [injury]. I think now for him it will be tough to come back before the end of the season. It is usually 21 days [minimum]. He should be OK to play for England - he just will have a good rest. You suddenly become favourite to win the European Championship! But I don't think he will be ready to play for us.

on whether his players were trying too hard…
No, I just felt we were a bit nervous today because we knew we could not afford to lose the game. We didn't pass the ball quickly enough. Chelsea are experienced enough to force you to play the ball where they want you to play it. We couldn't open them up enough and our change of pace in the game wasn't good enough.

on Robin van Persie…
He played his 50th game [of the season] today and he gave absolutely everything again today. He was unlucky in the first half, he had a free kick he deflected and it was a clear-cut chance. Then when he was through I think he rushed his decision making a bit, when he took it with his right foot, because he had Diaby coming in completely on his own. It was not easy for him because he was completely on his own at some stages with not enough support. And he was caught offside one time and I am not sure he was.

on the race for Champions League places…
What it means is that we have to win the rest of our games and we have to look at the results over the weekend as well.

Wengers BS

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 04:01 PM

6 points clear in 3rd, doesn't get much worse than that. More than enough reason to slag the team all year, win, lose or draw. Trying to rewrite history now, aren't you? Might even work if everyone has the memory span of a goldfish.

Niall_Quinn
21-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Just got back

Good point result wise.

We're third. How is top 4 gone for us?

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 04:05 PM
We're third. How is top 4 gone for us?We have 2 away games coming up, neither of which we are winning.

Newcastle if they continue on their form will overtake us during those 2 games and likewise Spuds as well.

Winning v Norwich on the last day wont be enough

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 04:05 PM

Because he thinks Newcastle and spuds will nick it.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 04:06 PM
We have 2 away games coming up, neither of which we are winning.

Newcastle if they continue on their form will overtake us during those 2 games and likewise Spuds as well.Winning v Norwich on the last day wont be enough

Do you think they will beat Chelsea and city no way.

we only need 5 points to get cl footie anyways.

Spuds have the easiest run it but who knows if they will bottle it as well.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 04:07 PM
We have 2 away games coming up, neither of which we are winning.

Newcastle if they continue on their form will overtake us during those 2 games and likewise Spuds as well.

Winning v Norwich on the last day wont be enough

We have WBA away on the last day.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 04:08 PM
We have WBA away on the last day.

:lol:

ACH :rose:

Letters
21-04-2012, 04:11 PM
He's wumming, ignore him.

Really poor game today. We arguably edged it and showed a bit more purpose but didn't really do enough.
It was more important to not lose than to win today so not a disastrous result.
RvP's form is a worry. We could do with a few goals from him to push us over the line and while overall this season his contribution can't be criticised we really could do with him back to his best right now. He never had an easy chance today but the form he was showing a couple of months back he'd have got one today.

Ah well, on we go.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 04:12 PM
He's wumming, ignore him.

Really poor game today. We arguably edged it and showed a bit more purpose but didn't really do enough.
It was more important to not lose than to win today so not a disastrous result.
RvP's form is a worry. We could do with a few goals from him to push us over the line and while overall this season his contribution can't be criticised we really could do with him back to his best right now. He never had an easy chance today but the form he was showing a couple of months back he'd have got one today.

Ah well, on we go.

Top post letters as per.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Walcott's probably out for the season, RVP's off form and as these two have contributed to most of our goals, it's entirely possible we'll drop out of the top 4. If Spurs and Newcastle win their games in hand, we're in trouble. Stoke away will be extremely difficult, as will WBA away. Norwich home may look a banker, but given the way we're playing I wouldn't put it past Norwich to get a result, especially given the way they beat Spuds a few weeks back.

TBF you need to grow a pair!
call it sniping, I dont care. . .we are third and six games ahead of the next two teams who have two games to play. If they win those games they are on the same points as us but with an inferior goal difference, Newcastle especially. The important factor is that they have win those games.

Why do you make everything into a negative foregone conclusion for all thay concerns us.

Sure we got a couple of tough away games coming up but if we listened to you, those games are already lost and we are out of the top four before the games have even been played.
This is not a dig at you having a different opinion but it is one at the fact that you have absolutely nothing positive to say about the team.

I know we make life difficult for ourselves, NQ was right when he said earlier thst we dtill dont have the sbility to put teams away but Chelsea came, crowded things up in the middle and stifilied our passing as do the likes of Bolton and the like. No doubt Stoke and maybe WBA will try something similar, as you said these games will be hard but they aint lost, nit until the final whistle, which is why I will cheer the team I support not predict their doom. It is now that we need to get behind the team, help them see this through, I have never seen , read you do thst once. Others who are anti AW, FY for example often express their opinion and still manage to write come on boys etc

You should try it and then maybe more would have time for your opinions, take Charlie and Ach, two of the biggest WUMs on GW, constantly disagreeing with each other but both know they love the same team.

People like PnG and NQ, two of the more eloquent of our posters, dont often see eye to eye but often meet in the middle when it comes to expressing their love for the team.

At times being a supporter is like having a love hate relationship with the club, it can be hard but you cant show just one side, sometimes you have to put the hate asude, forgive and say I do love you, Arsenal even though you hurt me so

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 04:19 PM
call it sniping, I dont care. . .we are third and six games ahead of the next two teams who have two games to play. If they win those games they are on the same points as us but with an inferior goal difference, Newcastle especially. The important factor is that they have win those games.

Why do you make everything into a negative foregone conclusion for all thay concerns us.

Sure we got a couple of tough away games coming up but if we listened to you, those games are already lost and we are out of the top four before the games have even been played.
This is not a dig at you having a different opinion but it is one at the fact that you have absolutely nothing positive to say about the team.

I know we make life difficult for ourselves, NQ was right when he said earlier thst we dtill dont have the sbility to put teams away but Chelsea came, crowded things up in the middle and stifilied our passing as do the likes of Bolton and the like. No doubt Stoke and maybe WBA will try something similar, as you said these games will be hard but they aint lost, nit until the final whistle, which is why I will cheer the team I support not predict their doom. It is now that we need to get behind the team, help them see this through, I have never seen , read you do thst once. Others who are anti AW, FY for example often express their opinion and still manage to write come on boys etc

You should try it and then maybe more would have time for your opinions, take Charlie and Ach, two of the biggest WUMs on GW, constantly disagreeing with each other but both know they love the same team.People like PnG and NQ, two of the more eloquent of our posters, dont often see eye to eye but often meet in the middle when it comes to expressing their love for the team.

At times being a supporter is like having a love hate relationship with the club, it can be hard but you cant show just one side, sometimes you have to put the hate asude, forgive and say I do love you, Arsenal even though you hurt me so

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 04:23 PM
We have WBA away on the last day.FFS

I blame my brother for that.

He said he was going to the last game of the season v Norwich.

Anyway that changes things.

We'll get 4th

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Walcott's probably out for the season, RVP's off form and as these two have contributed to most of our goals, it's entirely possible we'll drop out of the top 4. If Spurs and Newcastle win their games in hand, we're in trouble. Stoke away will be extremely difficult, as will WBA away. Norwich home may look a banker, but given the way we're playing I wouldn't put it past Norwich to get a result, especially given the way they beat Spuds a few weeks back.This

Never underestimate us. We know how to fuck things up

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 04:29 PM
FFS

I blame my brother for that.

He said he was going to the last game of the season v Norwich.

Anyway that changes things.

We'll get 4th

He's not wrong, our last home game is Nowrich.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 04:30 PM
He's not wrong, our last home game is Nowrich.Yes i know.

I just thought the game v Nowrich :bow: was the last game of the season as well

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Yes i know.

Nope.

cricketsi
21-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Yes i know.

Nowrich, Futurepoor. Chavs :pal:

Xhaka Can’t
21-04-2012, 05:15 PM

You should try it and then maybe more would have time for your opinions, take Charlie and Ach, two of the biggest WUMs on GW, constantly disagreeing with each other but both know they love the same team.

People like PnG and NQ, two of the more eloquent of our posters, dont often see eye to eye but often meet in the middle when it comes to expressing their love for the team.

Great post!

Except the bit about Charlie.

Charlie is a legend.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Great post!

Charlie is a legend.:goodpost:

Wouldnt call him a WUM either

tpyo
21-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Fixture list looks good for the rest of the season. We're just playing mid-table teams from now on. Newcastle have to play Wigan, Chelski and Man City still. Tottenham are presently losing to QPR :D
Third looks pretty likely.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 06:06 PM
:goodpost:

Wouldnt call him a WUM either

Thats because unlike you I don't come on here to wum intentionally.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Thats because unlike you I don't come on hime to wum intentionally.Why do you come on hime then?

Is hime male or female?

fakeyank
21-04-2012, 06:15 PM

Master Splinter
21-04-2012, 06:18 PM

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 07:05 PM

Marc Overmars
21-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Didn't see the game.

Disappointing result though given Newcastle can move level on points with us now, but at least Spurs lost.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Didn't see the game.

Disappointing result though given Newcastle can move level on points with us now, but at least Spurs lost.You missed a great game

Marc Overmars
21-04-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm starting to fear that there is 1 last fuck up remaing this season.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm starting to fear that there is 1 last fuck up remaing this season.Stoke away still to come...

Xhaka Can’t
21-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm starting to fear that there is 1 last fuck up remaing this season.

Pay attention.

We have 3 fuck ups games remaining.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 09:10 PM
You'd imagine that now Monolithic Chelsea are back the Barcodes wouldn't win their game in hand, at Stamford Bridge.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 09:14 PM
newcastle will finish 3rd

we'll sneak 4th

rvp to newcastle cause they'll show more ambition in the summer by spending money

newcastle will win the league next season

meanwhile we'll finish 5th

you heard it here first

Coney
21-04-2012, 09:16 PM
You'd imagine that now Monolithic Chelsea are back the Barcodes wouldn't win their game in hand, at Stamford Bridge.

By then, Chelsea will be out of the CL and only be playing for PL position - probably the Europa league spot - so they will likely make a big effort.

Looking at the remaining fixtures for chavs, barcodes and spuds, spuds have the easiest run-in (which is not to say they still won't fuck it up.)

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 09:19 PM

we'll sneak 4th

rvp to newcastle cause they'll show more ambition in the summer by spending money

newcastle will win the league next season

meanwhile we'll finish 5th

you heard it here first

Is that based on Mourinho joining them?

Letters
21-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Have you seen their run-in? I don't think so although kudos to them for being where they are. I didn't take them seriously as a threat to the top 4 yet here they are. Quite impressed tbh.

Dennis Bendtner
21-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Arsenal 3rd
Newcastle 4th

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/carlton-dance_o_gifsoup-com.gif?w=320&h=239

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Have you seen their run-in? I don't think so although kudos to them for being where they are. I didn't take them seriously as a threat to the top 4 yet here they are. Quite impressed tbh.

:lol: christ i was being sarcastic.

although they could well finish third.. :unsure:

Power n Glory
21-04-2012, 09:51 PM
It's not looking good. Looks like we've run out of gas.

Awful game and the players will have to raise their game of they want 3rd place. I don't really care where we finish. It's been a shitty season and we need to improve.

-Xs-
21-04-2012, 10:11 PM
:lol: christ i was being sarcastic.

although they could well finish third.. :unsure:

They could. Forth for us is always the goal. We'll only up our game again if Chelsea reach the champs league final, as then our place in that competition is under threat if, heaven forbid, they actually won it!

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Great post!

Charlie is a legend.

TBH I didnt mean the bit about Charlie or Ach in a negative way, I was trying ti highlight two that have little digs at each on a regular basis but still appreciate at the same time that each others love for the club is almighty.

Apologies to both if I offended, think you are both legenfs

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 11:14 PM
TBH I didnt mean the bit about Charlie or Ach in a negative way, I was trying ti highlight two that have little digs at each on a regular basis but still appreciate at the same time that each others love for the club is almighty.

Apologies to both if I offended, think you are both legenfsIm more offended you think im a legenf tbh

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 11:43 PM
where shall we build your statue?

Cripps_orig
22-04-2012, 12:40 AM
2 things i havent seen mentioned

1 - Theo clearly done his hamstring yet we put him back on? Wtf? If this isnt clear proof we have the worst medical staff in the business then i dont know what is/

2 - There was an incident in the first half when Vermaelen took out Terry in Chelseas area. As expected, Terry was getting dogs abuse from the crowd but im sure he made a gesture to the fans. We clearly saw it. Surely the cameras picked it up.

Flavs
22-04-2012, 06:49 AM
boring as fuck, but Spurs lost so doesnt matter too much. Ramsey was shocking again and again Wenger expects Diaby to change games when he has played 28 minutes football this year FFS

Walcott is a waste of time and Gervinho still hasnt come back from the ACON however i thought Koscielny was magnificent again.

Letters
22-04-2012, 06:50 AM
1 - Theo clearly done his hamstring yet we put him back on? Wtf? If this isnt clear proof we have the worst medical staff in the business then i dont know what is
Theo limped straight off, I don't think he came back on? Pretty sure he was immediately substituted.

Letters
22-04-2012, 06:53 AM
boring as fuck, but Spurs lost so doesnt matter too much. Ramsey was shocking again.
Ramsey worked really hard yesterday. He wasn't much good, it has to be said, but he deserves some brownie points for his workrate.

BOBN
22-04-2012, 07:03 AM
2 things i havent seen mentioned

1 - Theo clearly done his hamstring yet we put him back on? Wtf? If this isnt clear proof we have the worst medical staff in the business then i dont know what is/

Came on to say this. For an economics genius wenger is fookin stupid sometimes tbh

Right now newcastle have better players than us (why the fack didnt wenger buy ben arfa instead of nasri when that was being mooted). They kinda deserve 3rd.

Power n Glory
22-04-2012, 07:11 AM
It was a stupid move to allow Theo to play on and that's down to the physio and manager. He did himself more damage by coming back on and it's down the staff to protect the players and that's why we have a shitty injury record. Of course the player is gonna say he wants to play on but you have to take extra precautions and make sure he's 100% fit and if need be, sub the player off. Now we're without Theo for the rest of the season.

Letters
22-04-2012, 07:14 AM
When he limped off I don't think he came back on? Or did he go off a first time?

Özim
22-04-2012, 07:37 AM
What was totally ridiculous is that Walcott did his hamstring and came back on for a few mins, in that time Wenger decided Gervinho should come on for Oxo, he only changed his mind when Theo broke down as the substitution was about to be made.

That's laughable, as is the decision to let Walcott carry on.

Letters
22-04-2012, 07:39 AM
20:20 Hindsight :bow:

Power n Glory
22-04-2012, 07:48 AM
When he limped off I don't think he came back on? Or did he go off a first time?

He went off and the physio had a look at him. It wasn't a knock, it was a hamstring strain and can't simply run that off. It was a terrible decision and we need to change our medical staff.

BOBN
22-04-2012, 08:08 AM
you cant run off a hamstring tweak. they teach you that in PE nevermind medical school.

Letters
22-04-2012, 08:24 AM
He went off and the physio had a look at him. It wasn't a knock, it was a hamstring strain and can't simply run that off. It was a terrible decision and we need to change our medical staff.
Our players and ex-players disagree with you from the articles I've seen. It looks like the wrong decision in this instance but players come off injured all the time and return to play and are fine. Walcott wanted to play on and the physio can only work on what the player tells him at the time, they don't have access to scanners pitch-side.

Power n Glory
22-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Our players and ex-players disagree with you from the articles I've seen. It looks like the wrong decision in this instance but players come off injured all the time and return to play and are fine. Walcott wanted to play on and the physio can only work on what the player tells him at the time, they don't have access to scanners pitch-side.

Check Wenger's post game comments on the official site and he even thought Theo should have come off straight away. Why are you attempting to defend a silly decision? It's obvious from your first post that you found it hard to believe that our staff would let Theo continue on after picking up an injury but when you find out that we've made a mistake and certain fans are right, you talk this 20:20 hindsight foolishness.

Letters
22-04-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm just saying that pitch side the only information the physio has is from the player. It's obviously true. The decision was a mistake but to say our medical staff should be replaced because of it is a massive over-reaction. As I've said current and former players are very positive about the medical staff. They're the ones who have worked with them, they're surely in a better place to judge them than you or I.

Özim
22-04-2012, 08:51 AM
As I've said current and former players are very positive about the medical staff. They're the ones who have worked with them, they're surely in a better place to judge them than you or I.
They would be, that's how they get a contract on pay as you don't play!

Özim
22-04-2012, 08:54 AM
You don't need hindsight here, just common sense.

BOBN
22-04-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm just saying that pitch side the only information the physio has is from the player.
hed obviously tweaked his hamstring by the way he pulled up, there was nothing to discuss with the player. if people are expected to self-diagnose then fack off all the doctors in the country then.

the medical staff are thick as shyt.

Power n Glory
22-04-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm just saying that pitch side the only information the physio has is from the player. It's obviously true. The decision was a mistake but to say our medical staff should be replaced because of it is a massive over-reaction. As I've said current and former players are very positive about the medical staff. They're the ones who have worked with them, they're surely in a better place to judge them than you or I.

Do you really think I'm reacting like this because of one decision or several over the past few years?

Letters
the medical staff are thick as shyt.
:lol:

Well you know that's not true.

Letters
Do you really think I'm reacting like this because of one decision or several over the past few years?No, it's probably because you take an overwhelmingly negative view of everything going on at Arsenal for some reason.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-04-2012, 09:08 AM
What was totally ridiculous is that Walcott did his hamstring and came back on for a few mins, in that time Wenger decided Gervinho should come on for Oxo, he only changed his mind when Theo broke down as the substitution was about to be made.

That's laughable, as is the decision to let Walcott carry on.

If Wenger thought he'd had a Hammy he'd have taken him off, it was down to the medical team being twits again who should have insisted he came off.

The manager will only go on what the medical team and player say, if Theo told AW he was ok to play on i don't see why he'd take one of his "Star" Players off.

Power n Glory
22-04-2012, 09:11 AM
No, it's probably because you take an overwhelmingly negative view of everything going on at Arsenal for some reason.

No, I'm calling it how I see it. Our injury record is poor, Geroge Graham said something needs to be done about our medical staff and I agree with him. It's no coincidence. You should actually try and give and honest assessment without the spin and bullshit.

It's as if the club and manager can do no wrong in your eyes. You answers and posts are always in defence of the club and it's just as bad as people that you accuse of being anti Wenger or whatever. As I said before, the clue is in your first reaction, you couldn't believe the club would make such a gaff but when you find out we did, you double back with some nonsense about 20:20 hindsight as if this is some PR excercise. Just call it how you see it and forget all this clique nonsense.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Came on to say this. For an economics genius wenger is fookin stupid sometimes tbh

Right now newcastle have better players than us (why the fack didnt wenger buy ben arfa instead of nasri when that was being mooted). They kinda deserve 3rd.

:lol: drugs kicked again have they.

Gev still better then Nasri is he :lol:

Wenger still feeding the boys drugs :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
22-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Im more offended you think im a legenf tbh

Shouldnt be legenfs are even better than legends but not as high legenks :wink:

Özim
22-04-2012, 10:45 AM
If Wenger thought he'd had a Hammy he'd have taken him off, it was down to the medical team being twits again who should have insisted he came off.

The manager will only go on what the medical team and player say, if Theo told AW he was ok to play on i don't see why he'd take one of his "Star" Players off.
And that's probably why we have a horrendous injury record, clueless idiots in charge all over the place!

Xhaka Can’t
22-04-2012, 10:56 AM

No matter how you look at it, it was a bad decision. A decision that is made all the more shocking given our team's experiences with injured players.

BOBN
22-04-2012, 11:45 AM
:lol: drugs kicked again have they.

Gev still better then Nasri is he :lol:

Wenger still feeding the boys drugs :lol:
Nobody was able to explain the difference between vegetables and steroids. it was another win on the internet for I.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Nobody was able to explain the difference between vegetables and steroids. it was another win on the internet for I.

Seeing that you were playing yourself.. . .I suppose you're right

Letters
22-04-2012, 01:56 PM
No, I'm calling it how I see it. Our injury record is poor, Geroge Graham said something needs to be done about our medical staff and I agree with him.
What the hell would Graham know about what's going on in the club? Our current players back the medical staff, they should know better than anyone else what they're like to deal with.

It's as if the club and manager can do no wrong in your eyes
The manager who I said should have been sacked for the end of last season? The idea that a club at our level employs medical staff who are as idiotic as some are making out on here is laughable.

Just call it how you see it
I do.

Dennis Bendtner
22-04-2012, 02:08 PM
:lol: our players are not going to say the medical staff are terrible.

Can't make a completely informed judgement on their competence, but leaving aside the Walcott situation yesterday - we've had a surely unusual number of instances where injuries are misdiagnosed with the manager ending up looking completely clueless when giving injury news in press conferences. Vermaelen, Rosicky, Diaby, Wilshere - they've all had the 'two to three weeks' treatment when they're clinically dead. Questions certainly should be asked. The staff are obviously all qualified and that. Maybe it's the approach?

Syn
22-04-2012, 02:10 PM
It is the number 1 problem at the club, by far.

Letters
22-04-2012, 02:18 PM
It is the number 1 problem at the club, by far.

This was quite interesting. Didn't read it all as it goes on a bit:

http://le-grove.co.uk/2011/11/08/exclusive-arsenal-medical-team-give-le-grove-fantastic-insight-into-their-operation/

Couple of parts worth quoting:

Colin got stuck straight into some of the things that irked him, top of his list was using injury analysis site, Physio Room. He thinks the league tables are a nonsense, 1) because they take return dates from newspapers 2) because they don’t take into account the size of squads. Wigan being judged on 20 players is skewed when Arsenal are racking up points for 45. It also doesn’t take into account that we play in Europe. If you’re playing 60+ games versus 40, you’ll obviously feature higher in the league table as you have more pressure on your squad.

I asked why our injury record was so much better last year in comparison to years gone past. This answer was quite interesting and definitely opened my eyes to the blurred grey lines when analysing injuries.

Colin said 2 years ago we had a shocking season when it came to injuries. He said averagely, you expect 1-2 fractures in a year. They had 7. When 7 players suffer fractures, you reduce the squad by 7 players, then you put more strain on less players, which results in fatigue, which equates to more soft tissue injuries.

So broken legs has a knock on effect for more than just the player suffering.

Power n Glory
22-04-2012, 02:27 PM

What the hell would Graham know about what's going on in the club? Our current players back the medical staff, they should know better than anyone else what they're like to deal with.

The manager who I said should have been sacked for the end of last season? The idea that a club at our level employs medical staff who are as idiotic as some are making out on here is laughable.

I do.

The clue is in your first post. Straight away without all of the facts, you jump in on the defensive as if mistakes weren't made. Wenger says he should have come off and instead of dealing with that, you're talking about how my posts are always negative. Doesn't seem to me like you're calling things how you see it. Not in regards to Arsenal and football anyway. Seems silly to argue against our injury record.

George Graham is a football manager and no fool. This isn't even a dig at Wenger. It's not his fault that his physio gave him the wrong info, but he needs to examine the staff and the information he's getting. Wilshere is out for the season because of bad information. It was the same for Vermaelen. Cesc kept on having hamstring injuries before he left And we've had countless other players that have been out for months when we've originally been told it will take weeks. As GG said, most of the problems aren't contact injuries. Most of it happens in training sired it's some sort of muscle pull/tear while running.

Dennis Bendtner
22-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Agree with that. You can't make comparisons with smaller squads in fewer competitions. But (without looking at figures) I'm quite sure Man City and Liverpool have had far fewer issues than Arsenal. City had the CL until the groups, and then wherever they went in the Europa, and Liverpool have gone all the way in both domestic cups. Even leaving that aside, it's constantly worrying when there are vibes of uncertainty coming out of press conferences and injury updates. And it's more worrying when the updates are spectacularly off course - e.g. the seriousness of Wilshere, Rosicky and Vermaelen's injuries. For the latter two it took an age to find the root cause. They still haven't after a season for Wilshere. Bloody horse placenta for van Persie. Diaby's seems a special case with the horror leg break.

Letters
22-04-2012, 02:49 PM
The clue is in your first post. Straight away without all of the facts, you jump in on the defensive as if mistakes weren't made.

My first post about this said:

I was pretty clear that I wasn't sure what had happened. I remember Walcott limping off and he didn't come back. I'd forgotten he'd been off before, my first post made it pretty clear I wasn't sure. Yes, Wenger said he should have come off. Obviously, given what happened afterwards, he should have come off the first time. But it's easy to say that knowing what happened. Someone above said that Walcott shouldn't be relied on to self-diagnose. Agreed but if you go and see a doctor you don't just walk in and he tells you what's wrong. You have to tell him or her what is wrong and the symptoms. If Walcott said he was OK to continue then how can a physio know different without a proper scan? The player needs to take some responsibility too IMO.

I'm not arguing against our injury record. It's awful, clearly, and it's something we need to deal with. What I'm saying is I don't think it's because our medical staff are the bumbling idiots some people on here have made out. I just don't believe a club at our level would hire people who have no idea what they're doing. You say that a lot of it is happening in training in which case that needs to be looked at. The medical staff aren't in control of the way we train.

Power n Glory
22-04-2012, 03:19 PM
The training regime is down to Wenger and Pat Rice. Something has to be looked into but what annoys me is the way we struggle to diagnose a problem and then send back players before they have fully recovered.

Walcott signalled to the bench and told the physio what was wrong. Of course he's going to say he wants to play on to help his team. He'd play until it's physically inpossible for him to do so and that's what happenend. If someone walks into their GP and says they're having heart problems and the GP tells them it's nothing to worry about carry on as normal, whose at fault?

BOBN
22-04-2012, 03:25 PM
. Someone above said that Walcott shouldn't be relied on to self-diagnose. Agreed but if you go and see a doctor you don't just walk in and he tells you what's wrong. You have to tell him or her what is wrong and the symptoms. If Walcott said he was OK to continue then how can a physio know different without a proper scan? The player needs to take some responsibility too IMO.

Shouldnt be relied on to but he too was thick as shyt. A christano ronaldo or any serious pro would have looked like theyre signalling aircraft down the amount hand signs they would have been giving the bench telling them theyre ready to hit the showers.

But thats still no excuse for the cowboys in the treatment room

fakeyank
22-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Our physio room is pretty comfy. I sneaked in when I took the tour of the stadium. Its got nice lighting n a very ambient temperature. :cloud9:

Syn
22-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Lewin's a chancer tbh.

Power n Glory
22-04-2012, 03:46 PM

Shouldnt be relied on to but he too was thick as shyt. A christano ronaldo or any serious pro would have looked like theyre signalling aircraft down the amount hand signs they would have been giving the bench telling them theyre ready to hit the showers.

But thats still no excuse for the cowboys in the treatment room

Any serious pro. Are you sure? In most cases, they just want to play football. Wilshere was rushed back to play but is he to blame for his injury relapse or for playing on in pre season when he picked up an injury for England? Cesc player on against Barca with a broken leg and last season he wanted to play in the Carling Cup final even though he was injured. Most players would still try to play on. Muamba just suffered a heart attack and hearing people say he could return to football. If the medical staff give him the all clear, I doubt he's going to stop playing.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-04-2012, 04:06 PM
And that's probably why we have a horrendous injury record, clueless idiots in charge all over the place!

Well id not disagre there, if the medical team can't get that right then no wonder our injury record has been shite for the past however many years.

Wengers problems is he seems to believe their diagnosis for some reason and takes it as gossip. Since Gary Lewin left he has not been replaced with someone of his quality.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Lewin's a chancer tbh.

His cousin was decent though. Shame he went to the england team.

We never had bad injuries with Gary lewin in charge.

Young Guns 11
22-04-2012, 04:11 PM
More importantly than anything already posted in this thread - anyone else loving the karate-style challenge made by Kos on Sturridge?

Beautiful it was :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbMfazTbqMM

Syn
22-04-2012, 04:20 PM
He was great in this game. A superb defender.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1047651/karate.gif

Olivier's xmas twist
22-04-2012, 04:43 PM

Yet people said we should have got rid in the summer

ACH :haha:

Syn
22-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Not sure people wanting him out - Cripps only deals in absolutes anyway - but a lot of people didn't think he had the bottle/mental strenff after some of his performances last season. I think Koscielny, Rosicky and Walcott have shown that fans are a forgiving bunch (well, most, anyway) and that you won't be scapegoat forever if your performances pick up. It's all there for Ramsey, Chamakh, Arshavin and others if they want to work hard and improve.

Jens' Face
22-04-2012, 05:48 PM
This was quite interesting. Didn't read it all as it goes on a bit:

http://le-grove.co.uk/2011/11/08/exclusive-arsenal-medical-team-give-le-grove-fantastic-insight-into-their-operation/

Walcott-hamstring argument aside, this is a fascinating piece, full of really interesting information, great behind-the-scenes look at how the club works. Everyone should read it.

Ollie the Optimist
22-04-2012, 05:55 PM
kos karate kick tackle was great dont get me wrong but the best tackle (if you can call it that) was when the verminator flattened the racist ****.

verminator :bow:

BOBN
22-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Any serious pro. Are you sure? In most cases, they just want to play football. Wilshere was rushed back to play but is he to blame for his injury relapse or for playing on in pre season when he picked up an injury for England? Cesc player on against Barca with a broken leg and last season he wanted to play in the Carling Cup final even though he was injured. Most players would still try to play on. Muamba just suffered a heart attack and hearing people say he could return to football. If the medical staff give him the all clear, I doubt he's going to stop playing.
wilshere is an example of a non-serious pro. he was gagging to go to the kiddy euro until wenger practically begged him not. too dumb to see he was being used by that cant pearce for selfish reasons. a happy-go-lucky kid is not a serious pro. serious pros are players like giggs who listened without hesitation to their club managers re internationals.

cesc is somebody in love with a club he wasnt at which lead him to career move which has exposed his deficencies with the home fans blaming him for messing up thier successful team. a serious pro doesnt do lovey-dovey.

arsenal football club is a nursery club home to happy-go-lucky donuts and not serious pros and winners.

Power n Glory
22-04-2012, 06:32 PM
:lol: You're not serious.

The international example....huge difference between a kid getting his first few international caps and a vet that's been around the block and needs plenty of rest time.

Flavs
22-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Ramsey worked really hard yesterday. He wasn't much good, it has to be said, but he deserves some brownie points for his workrate.

work rate alone isnt enough though, i could work hard out there and be completely ineffective. He gives the ball away far too many times and needs to be out of the team for a while, shame we have no reserves now though.

Good news that Walcott is out though means Gervinho should get a run and hopefully recover some of his form.

Letters
22-04-2012, 06:46 PM
It's not enough, no, but I'd rather see a player work hard even if he's not playing well than see a player (yes, I am looking at you Arshavin) who has bags of ability but just can't be arsed.

Coney
22-04-2012, 07:21 PM
It's not enough, no, but I'd rather see a player work hard even if he's not playing well than see a player (yes, I am looking at you Arshavin) who has bags of ability but just can't be arsed.

We should position a balti pie vendor behind the opposition goal.

Niall_Quinn
22-04-2012, 07:22 PM
We should position a balti pie vendor behind the opposition goal.

No, because he'd be queuing in an offside position the whole match.

Coney
22-04-2012, 07:25 PM
No, because he'd be queuing in an offside position the whole match.

But will he be active?

fakeyank
22-04-2012, 08:06 PM

Isnt that considered a red card tackle? Studs up and all? :unsure:

Either way, it looks freaking awesome.. one of the best players for Arsenal this season! :bow:

Syn
22-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Dunno, maybe. It's hard to tell how close Koscielny was to Sturridge from that angle. He might be well in front of him - so it's not like Sturridge jumped over him; he's just holding back from going to the ball.

But even if he was in line, we'll never know because Sturridge isn't a team player and won't sacrifice a broken leg to leave Chelsea's rivals missing their best CB then. The selfish twat.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Isnt that considered a red card tackle? Studs up and all? :unsure:
Either way, it looks freaking awesome.. one of the best players for Arsenal this season! :bow:

No as The Commentator saidm Kos got his footing just right, had he mis timed it he could have been off.

Cripps_orig
22-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Theo limped straight off, I don't think he came back on? Pretty sure he was immediately substituted.Nope. He pulled it. Was clear as day it was his hamstring. Went off and limping badly and was then put back on by the worst medical staff in the business imo and he broke down and hes now out for the rest of the games we have meaning Gervinho plays and hes shit

Thanks Wenger :good:

Coney
23-04-2012, 11:35 AM
No as The Commentator saidm Kos got his footing just right, had he mis timed it he could have been off.

It is also clear - see where he is looking - that he is targetting and aiming for the ball, after which his foot starts to come down - he is guiding it away with no intent to hit the other player. Worst case is that he could be considered a bit reckless. When Balotelli tackled Song the other week, he kept his foot up and if you see where he is looking, he is not aiming at the ball - there is definite intent to hit Song's leg. That is why the idea of such incidents not being reviewed after the game - even if the ref says he saw it - is ludicrous.

Syn
23-04-2012, 11:59 AM
It is also clear - see where he is looking - that he is targetting and aiming for the ball, after which his foot starts to come down - he is guiding it away with no intent to hit the other player. Worst case is that he could be considered a bit reckless. When Balotelli tackled Song the other week, he kept his foot up and if you see where he is looking, he is not aiming at the ball - there is definite intent to hit Song's leg. That is why the idea of such incidents not being reviewed after the game - even if the ref says he saw it - is ludicrous.

I don't think intent is relevant but what works in Kos' favour is that the ball was in the air - if Sturridge went for it, he'd have to jump for it anyway, so Kos can't make any contact with a standing leg. In some ways, it's similar to how Van Persie broke his foot in 2009 from Cheillini's (? sp?) challenge...they're both taking a risk. But the ball wasn't on the ground and Kos didn't go over the ball. I don't think there is much danger as long as he gets the ball. If he doesn't get it and Sturridge goes for it, it could be nasty. But he did get the ball so who gives a fuck. You don't award penalties on the basis that 'if he didn't time it properly, it'd be a foul'.

Coney
23-04-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't think intent is relevant but what works in Kos' favour is that the ball was in the air - if Sturridge went for it, he'd have to jump for it anyway, so Kos can't make any contact with a standing leg. In some ways, it's similar to how Van Persie broke his foot in 2009 from Cheillini's (? sp?) challenge...they're both taking a risk. But the ball wasn't on the ground and Kos didn't go over the ball. I don't think there is much danger as long as he gets the ball. If he doesn't get it and Sturridge goes for it, it could be nasty. But he did get the ball so who gives a fuck. You don't award penalties on the basis that 'if he didn't time it properly, it'd be a foul'.

Intent is highly relevant in cleaning up the game.

You don't award penalties on the basis that 'if he didn't time it properly, it'd be a foul'

In a sense, yes. However, if the player is overly reckless, then it needs penalising. A reckless tackle is a cardable offence, thus a foul and therefore if it happens in the box, it is a penalty.

If two players both 'recklessly' go for a ball then I don't see how you could award a foul either way on that basis, though. It has to be one-sided to be penalised, I reckon.

Syn
23-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Intent is pretty much impossible to prove though. I agree that you shouldn't look at the result. I think the only thing that should be looked at is if it's dangerous. Not intent. Not the result. You can bet that if Balotelli had snapped Song's leg, the same challenge would've got a red card. Intent might've been more easy to see in that case but in Shawcross or Taylor's case, you can't accuse them of intent. Only stupidity - and that's what should be punished.

Kano
23-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Intent is highly relevant in cleaning up the game.

In a sense, yes. However, if the player is overly reckless, then it needs penalising. A reckless tackle is a cardable offence, thus a foul and therefore if it happens in the box, it is a penalty.

If two players both 'recklessly' go for a ball then I don't see how you could award a foul either way on that basis, though. It has to be one-sided to be penalised, I reckon.

referees can award a penalty without contact.

the rules state that kicking or attempting to kick or stop an opponent in the box can be a foul.

Coney
23-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Intent is pretty much impossible to prove though. I agree that you shouldn't look at the result. I think the only thing that should be looked at is if it's dangerous. Not intent. Not the result. You can bet that if Balotelli had snapped Song's leg, the same challenge would've got a red card. Intent might've been more easy to see in that case but in Shawcross or Taylor's case, you can't accuse them of intent. Only stupidity - and that's what should be punished.

The requirement for a broken leg seems to be needed for anything to happen - well, serious contact anyway.

For me it is like having kids drive round an estate at 90 miles an hour. If the kill a kid, then they get a big sentence. If the don't, they get a trivial sentence. This is insane. The fact of doing the act is no different. Punishment should take place even if there was not a bad result (due to luck).

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2012, 07:32 PM
referees can award a penalty without contact.

Correct, or else Rooney and Young would be fucked.

Coney
23-04-2012, 07:42 PM
If its Mike Riley, they can even be prebooked.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-04-2012, 10:45 AM
:haha: Dowd has been known to do that to a whole team before KO

Joker
24-04-2012, 10:54 AM
The requirement for a broken leg seems to be needed for anything to happen - well, serious contact anyway.

For me it is like having kids drive round an estate at 90 miles an hour. If the kill a kid, then they get a big sentence. If the don't, they get a trivial sentence. This is insane. The fact of doing the act is no different. Punishment should take place even if there was not a bad result (due to luck).

Agreed, Koscielny's sole purpose was obviously to get the ball, but I don't think he was in control of that tackle, and we couldn't have any complaints if it was a penalty and a red card. If we're going to criticise teams like Stoke for dangerous tackling, when one of our lot do it we should be equally condemning.

Power n Glory
24-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Has anyone else beside GW people complained about the challenge?

I don't see the big deal.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Has anyone else beside GW people complained about the challenge?

I don't see the big deal.

Other people aren't as good at complaining as we are. They lack a little bit sharpness.

Fist of Lehmann
24-04-2012, 12:14 PM
we couldn't have any complaints if it was a penalty and a red card.Seriously?

You wouldn't have had any complaints if that had been a red card and a penalty?

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Seriously?

Correct. He's only complaining about the fact it wasn't a pen and red card.

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Was a dangerous challenge and had he got player and ball then no complaints if a penalty had been given

However he just got the ball so its fine

Power n Glory
24-04-2012, 12:41 PM
It didn't look dangerous at the time in full motion. The replay makes it look dangerous in my opinion.

LDG
24-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Boring Tuesday huh?

Power n Glory
24-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Other people aren't as good at complaining as we are. They lack a little bit sharpness.

Or maybe they didn't see it. :lol:

Joker
24-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Seriously?

Yes, if Sturridge hadn't got out of the way that tackle could have done some serious damage. Yes, he got the ball but I don't think he's in control of that tackle, his studs are showing and he's off the ground. We always talk about how we want dangerous tackling stamped out of the game (regardless of intent) and that was an example of one.

Of course in general Koscielny doesn't tackle like that and is one of the finest interceptors of the ball in the Premiership IMO, but I'd prefer it if he didn't make those sorts of tackles. It makes Wenger look like a hypocrite also.

Power n Glory
24-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Sturridge was behind the ball. It was a 50/50 and Kos beat him to it. At worst it would have been a clash of boots if Sturridge would have committed to trying to kick the ball. He thought about it and then backed out of the challenge.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Was a dangerous challenge and had he got player and ball then no complaints if a penalty had been given
However he just got the ball so its fine

Bollox he got the Ball simples if the ref gave a pen of that then he'd be a mug and so would you for condoning it/

But i suppose you'd hve loved him to give a pen away dop you can gloat how shite he is and how right you were.

No way was that challege dangerous or a pen.

fakeyank
24-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Bollox he got the Ball simples if the ref gave a pen of that then he'd be a mug and so would you for condoning it/

But i suppose you'd hve loved him to give a pen away dop you can gloat how shite he is and how right you were.

No way was that challege dangerous or a pen.

Charlie, you are awesome.. :hug:

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 01:22 PM

No way was that challege dangerous or a pen.I said it was fine....

Kano
24-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Seriously?

yeah but what sort of retarded fan would show such bias to the team they love and support everyday of the week.

it's almost as ridiculous as thinking that a player would turn a blind eye to a team mates transgression.

KSE Comedy Club
24-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Ffs.

It was clearly a fucking brilliant tackle. Perfectly timed, kos got all of the ball and 'let sturidge know he was there' at the same time without making any contact.

Of course he was in control of it, we finally have a defender that will literally throw himself at the ball to stop the opposition from scoring and people are moaning about it :rolleyes:

What a fucking retarded debate this is.

GP
24-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Yep.

Kos has had a fucking brilliant season too. And I'm not just talking about in relation to last season, just fucking brilliant.

Inspired signing.

KSE Comedy Club
24-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Here, here :good:

He is our best defender.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I can see him at Barcelona one day.

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Hes done well no doubt since Xmas but we cant forget his retardness pre Xmas and all of last season.

Still think when fit, Mert and Verm will be our first choice CB and rightfully so.

Kos however has stopped giving the fans heart attacks and shown he is dependable when he has to come in

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Hes done well no doubt since Xmas but we cant forget his retardness pre Xmas and all of last season.

Still think when fit, Mert and Verm will be our first choice CB and rightfully so.

Kos however has stopped giving the fans heart attacks and shown he is dependable when he has to come in

They were never our 1st choice paring and have never been or never will.

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 11:03 PM
They were never our 1st choice paring and have never been or never will.Well yes they were when Kos was played at RB

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Well yes they were when Kos was played at RB

Kos has been Better then Merts this Season and has been our no 1 CB Only a fool would drop him now. TV 5 has not been that good But he is still better then Merts. So right now Merts would be 3rd choice as he has not really adapted to this league, and with the Ajaz dude possible coming in could be 4th choice.

arsenallovefc
27-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Still don't trust Kos back there. He may play well but he makes a lot of stupid little mistakes. Sure he's been better second half but I'm not getting my hopes up.

selassie
27-04-2012, 08:15 AM
I personally think Kos has been outstanding this season, he's hardly put a foot wrong. The boy has bulked up and seems to have improved aerially and on the ground. Right now he's a shoe-in for first choice CB for me.

It will be interesting to see if he goes to the Euros with France and starts for them.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-04-2012, 10:07 AM
I think he is first choice, makes fewer mistakes than Merts and TV5 and deceptively quick.....like him a lot.....would still find a place for Vertonghen tho....get rid of Squid and DJ and we would be spoilt for choice if he got on board

KSE Comedy Club
27-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Still don't trust Kos back there. He may play well but he makes a lot of stupid little mistakes. Sure he's been better second half but I'm not getting my hopes up.He has still been better than all our other CB's this season.