PDA

View Full Version : Final league standings?

cricketsi
22-04-2012, 12:59 PM
With 3 games to go we're currently in pole position in the race for the final Champions' League spot, 3rd place. How confident are people that we'll see things through and get it? Newcastle have surpassed us as the form team as of late and we've been faltering again, with RvP off form and now Theo out for the season.

We can mathematically finish anywhere between 3rd and 6th. Where do you think we will end up?

The table at present reads:
Pl GD Pts
3 Arsenal 35 24 65
4 Newcastle United 34 11 62
5 Tottenham Hotspur 34 18 59
6 Chelsea 34 18 58

Remaining fixtures:
Arsenal: Stoke (a), Norwich (h), West Brom (a)
Newcastle: Wigan (a), Chelsea (a), Man City (h), Everton (a)
Spurs: Blackburn (h), Bolton (a), Aston Villa (a), Fulham (h)
Chelsea: QPR (h), Newcastle (h), Liverpool (a), Blackburn (h)

Looking at the run-ins it will be extremely disappointing if we don't get 3rd and catastrophically poor if we fail to get top 4. What do you think the final order for 3rd-6th will be? We should get third. I'm finding it hard to pick the others though. Newcastle have some tough games, Spurs have 3 out of 4 teams that will be battling against relegation and Chelsea have the added demands of a CL semi-final against Barca and the FA Cup final against Liverpool.

It keeps messing up the formatting even though I've edited it repeatedly. Might be the shitty work computers - can a mod fix please? Should just need a few taps of the enter key in the right places? Thanks.

Syn
22-04-2012, 01:05 PM
The situation was always that Arsenal didn't have much squad depth and a couple of injuries would make life very difficult. Recently we've missed Kos and now Arteta and Walcott are out for the season.

I'm not too confident that we'll do what it takes to finish 3rd, but I'm more confident that we won't have to do what we think we need to do. I fancy Chelsea to get a top 4 spot now.

cricketsi
22-04-2012, 01:13 PM
The situation was always that Arsenal didn't have much squad depth and a couple of injuries would make life very difficult. Recently we've missed Kos and now Arteta and Walcott are out for the season. I'm not too confident that we'll do what it takes to finish 3rd, but I'm more confident that we won't have to do what we think we need to do. I fancy Chelsea to get a top 4 spot now.Chelsea were poor against us and seem to be prioritising the CL though. If (big if) they make it past Barca they might be putting all their eggs in one basket that is the CL final as their route back into the competition next year. But then, you can make arguments against all the teams putting together the required results from their remaining games.

fakeyank
22-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I think we will get 4th. We will be playing Stoke at Stoke and thats a place where we always have problems.

Joker
22-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm not all too confident of finishing 4th, although Spurs' collapse has helped things on that front. However, we're without Walcott for the rest of the season, and whatever you think about his technical qualities, he has contributed a lot of goals to us this season (in fact him and RVP have together contributed over 85% of all our goals). Arteta's form improved significantly in the last two months, and his replacement Ramsey looks totally out of sorts (while you can't expect much from Diaby given that he's been out for so long). The worst thing is that our best player season RVP also looks to have lost his mojo, and nobody seems capable of stepping up. If we lose to Stoke, and Newcastle, Chelsea, Spurs get good results next week, I can see the pressure building, and we've all seen how poorly we cope under pressure. For the past few months Spurs were in the ascendancy, and we didn't have a lot to lose as we were the team doing the chasing. Now that we're in pole position, that old cliche about "mental strength" comes into play, and I don't think we have it in sufficient quantity to keep our heads and stay in the top 4.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-04-2012, 01:21 PM
3rd without doubt
We are in pole position for this and just need to keep a high degree compromise.
It will no doubt go to the wire cos as always we hate to things the easy way. . .
Every game is going to be toigh but that goes for everyone. . .Scum have played themselves out of it IMO and Newcastle are our closest rivals but those who are saying that we are saying all is lost because of their game in hand are having a bubble. . .Newcastle have to win that game and then do better than us over the last three because we have the edge in goal difference. . .and do it in a group of games that include Chavs, Citeh and Everton (a team who currently are taking it to Utd)

So come guys I may be a member of MOC so prone to views seen through rose tinted googles but surely some of you share a little of my optimism. . .hello?. . .anyone there?

Coney
22-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Citeh will be desperate to beat Newcastle. Newcastle also have to play chavs. If chavs don't get past Barca, they will be desparate to beat Newcastle. I am not expecting Newcastle to nick 3rd. Spuds are more of a worry because they have the easiest run-in. However, we should be able to get 6 or 7 points from our remaining games which I think will be enough to keep us ahead.

If we see Newcastle in 4th, and the way spuds are blowing what should be easy games for them, there is a decent chance chavs will get 5th. I'd settle for that.

KSE Comedy Club
22-04-2012, 01:23 PM
We need at least 6 points from our remaining games.

I do think we will finish 3rd but its gonna be a bit of an 'OMG' journey to get there.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Those saying we will drop out of the top four. . .dont have a Danny

cricketsi
22-04-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't have confidence we'll get the 9 points we should be very capable of, but as Coney and Jeebus said, 6 points should be sufficient for third and I can't see any of the other 3 winning all 4 of their remaining games, so we should clinch it.

Joker - you cite mental strength, and although we've imploded on several occasions in the past we've had enough about us to keep CL football in our grasps. What makes you think we're more lacking in mental strength this year?

Joker
22-04-2012, 01:36 PM
I don't have confidence we'll get the 9 points we should be very capable of, but as Coney and Jeebus said, 6 points should be sufficient for third and I can't see any of the other 3 winning all 4 of their remaining games, so we should clinch it.

Joker - you cite mental strength, and although we've imploded on several occasions in the past we've had enough about us to keep CL football in our grasps. What makes you think we're more lacking in mental strength this year?

This year we're facing stiff competition from 3 teams (Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle) going into the home stretch. In the past, we've more or less had CL football sown up much earlier. I know in 2005-2006 there was a real danger of dropping out, but at least we had players like Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Ljungberg to steer us home with a bit of luck. In 2006-2007 Spurs were on our heels as well, but we ended up securing 4th by around this time so we didn't have to go into the last few games still needed results.

We've failed to often recently when it's really mattered (cup semi-finals, Carling Cup final, etc) that I'm sceptical whether we can cope under the pressure. Of course injuries to Walcott, Arteta, Wilshere don't help matters either.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-04-2012, 01:37 PM
A pure pessimistic attitude to all things concerning the club is one thing. . .cricketsi, you new round here?

Joker
22-04-2012, 01:38 PM
A pure pessimistic attitude to all things concerning the club is one thing. . .cricketsi, you new round here?

If there was any cause for optimism I'd be willing to entertain it. If we do manage to beat Stoke then I'd say we're almost certain to get 3rd, but until that happens I don't think it's looking too good for us at the moment, especially as our form seems to be going down the toilet again.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-04-2012, 01:46 PM
If there was any cause for optimism I'd be willing to entertain it. If we do manage to beat Stoke then I'd say we're almost certain to get 3rd, but until that happens I don't think it's looking too good for us at the moment, especially as our form seems to be going down the toilet again.

Acknowledge it will be tough but have a little faith. . .I dont see where its not looking good, we are 3rd, Newcastle have to win games against Chavs, Citeh, Everton and as we found out there is still life in Wigan.

Of course we dont have the luxury to take things easy but we also dont need to raise the white flag just yet. . and fucking Spurs have 6 points to claw back. . .it is by no means doom and gloom

Letters
22-04-2012, 01:50 PM
I think we'll limp into 3rd.
Newcastle have a horrible run in. Chelsea will be distracted by the cups and those two have to play each other.
Spurs...well, they're collapsing horribly so although I'm still a bit worried they'll get it together I think we're still likely to finish above them.

If we win at Stoke then we'll be very close. Easier said than done but they don't have much to play for and aren't in great form.

cricketsi
22-04-2012, 01:50 PM
If there was any cause for optimism I'd be willing to entertain it. If we do manage to beat Stoke then I'd say we're almost certain to get 3rd, but until that happens I don't think it's looking too good for us at the moment, especially as our form seems to be going down the toilet again. Ok, a cause for optimism - Our form is still superior to that of Spurs and Chelsea. If we win just one more game they will need at least 3 wins from 4 to overhaul us. The main concern for me is if Chelsea pull it out of the bag and actually win the CL and 4th becomes completely worthless. But, 2 out of 3 wins should see us into third. You say if we beat Stoke you think we'll get it. Well, that's the next game, so by your own thinking we could be looking at having 3rd place all but sewn up after the next match.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Ok, a cause for optimism - Our form is still superior to that of Spurs and Chelsea. If we win just one more game they will need at least 3 wins from 4 to overhaul us. The main concern for me is if Chelsea pull it out of the bag and actually win the CL and 4th becomes completely worthless. But, 2 out of 3 wins should see us into third. You say if we beat Stoke you think we'll get it. Well, that's the next game, so by your own thinking we could be looking at having 3rd place all but sewn up after the next match.

Clutching at straws if you expect an answer to that one mate!

Joker never allows himself to go down as quoting anything positive. . . .

cricketsi
22-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Clutching at straws if you expect an answer to that one mate! Joker never allows himself to go down as quoting anything positive. . . . I've grown tired of fighting too vociferously against pessimism though, so I'm trying to foster more a spirit of friendly debate! He actually said something almost positive, he just didn't realise it, so there may be a small crack of light waiting to shine through there!

Marc Overmars
22-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Never underestimate our ability fuck things up. Just when you think you've seen the worst we pull another shocker out the bag.

But I think we'll get 3rd, by virtue of Newcastles tough run in.

Niall_Quinn
22-04-2012, 05:21 PM
We're 3rd, chavs 4th, Geordies 5th, spuds 6th. However, much could still depend on referees. We'll have over performed in 3rd. Liverpool will be the biggest underachievers of the season. City don't count, bought their position and even then had to bend over for scum Tevez to rescue themselves from collapse.

Xhaka Can’t
22-04-2012, 05:27 PM
I think 4 points will be enough for 3rd.

Niall_Quinn
22-04-2012, 05:31 PM
I think 4 points will be enough for 3rd.

Snap. Scrape a win and then a scrappy draw and a stupid loss just to make it harder for ourselves. But it'll be enough.

Niall_Quinn
22-04-2012, 05:32 PM
I've grown tired of fighting too vociferously against pessimism though, so I'm trying to foster more a spirit of friendly debate! He actually said something almost positive, he just didn't realise it, so there may be a small crack of light waiting to shine through there!

So you're trying to encourage him to talk out of his crack?

jelgoon
22-04-2012, 07:07 PM
I think we'll come third just. Chelski are too far behind and the Spuds are shit. Newcastle could come above us depending on Man City's game next week. If City lose to Manure they wont have much incentive when they play Newcastle. I dont think we will lose again this season - Stoke arent much cop and we should be able to get a draw there.

selassie
22-04-2012, 09:42 PM
3rd just....we need to get a result at Stoke though, what should have been a comfortable game has now turned into probably our most important of the season.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-04-2012, 11:08 PM

You really shocked Joker thinks/hopes we don't get 3rd. Meh im sure Yesterdays City and Utd results made him a happy boy for once.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-04-2012, 11:12 PM
We should get 3rd i think we'll get the points we need.
Spuds are collapsing, Barcodes won't beat both chavs and pool and chavs have a few hard games too.

Marc Overmars
23-04-2012, 05:51 AM
I bet 3rd is still up for grabs on the final day.

We have run out of gas now and are limping to the finish line, as usual. Our problem is that we don't win games when confidence and energy levels are gone, we don't really have a winning habit and that makes the possibility of slipping to 4th still alive. Newcastle have a harder run-in, but we will make ours a lot more difficult than it needs to be.

Flavs
23-04-2012, 07:40 AM
1 win and 2 draws and we are laughing all the way to the bank, literally in this case.

Newcastle will fuck up and drop out to be replaced by spurs with Chelsea and Newcastle taking the UEFA cup spots. Although....what would be funny si if Spurs qualify with 4th only for Chelsea to win the champs league and replace them as qualifiers.

Flavs
23-04-2012, 07:41 AM
I bet 3rd is still up for grabs on the final day.

We have run out of gas now and are limping to the finish line, as usual. Our problem is that we don't win games when confidence and energy levels are gone, we don't really have a winning habit and that makes the possibility of slipping to 4th still alive. Newcastle have a harder run-in, but we will make ours a lot more difficult than it needs to be.

But Diaby and Benayoun will be available to start against Stoke which means Ramsey should get dropped and we will win :dance:

Japan Shaking All Over
23-04-2012, 08:31 AM
You really shocked Joker thinks/hopes we don't get 3rd. Meh im sure Yesterdays City and Utd results made him a happy boy for once.

Not at all.....just find it maddening that a so called fan has not said anything positive about the team for the whole year.....some may say what has there been to be positive about? Granted no trophy and a number of WUMger gaffes but still we didn't roll over and die which some fans seem to have done!

Olivier's xmas twist
23-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Not at all.....just find it maddening that a so called fan has not said anything positive about the team for the whole year.....some may say what has there been to be positive about? Granted no trophy and a number of WUMger gaffes but still we didn't roll over and die which some fans seem to have done!

Posters like Joker are spoilt thats why, he is someone who will never be happy in football no matter what we do. We have the best player in the league and he calls him shite. If we won the league next season he find some reason to belittle that achievemt etc. If you moan about every lil thing you never be happy tbh.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Posters like Joker are spoilt thats why, he is someone who will never be happy in football no matter what we do. We have the best player in the league and he calls him shite. If we won the league next season he find some reason to belittle that achievemt etc. If you moan about every lil thing you never be happy tbh.

Cant moan at that. . .:lol:

cricketsi
24-04-2012, 08:55 PM
With Chelsea making it to the CL final there's every chance 4th is worthless. Pressure's been cranked up a notch now.

fakeyank
24-04-2012, 08:56 PM
With Chelsea making it to the CL final there's every chance 4th is worthless. Pressure's been cranked up a notch now.

:gp:

AW is well known to do the bare minimum required. I am confident we will get 3rd now.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-04-2012, 09:20 PM

best post you've ever made tbh

Coney
24-04-2012, 09:21 PM

Better than saying city got third and failed to qualify, tbf.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-04-2012, 09:22 PM
:lol: charlie

best poster on here tbh :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 09:23 PM

Well there's a 1st time for everything tbf. I mean the great Messi had a shocker for in a big gamefor once.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Better than saying city got third and failed to qualify, tbf.

But i never said that.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Well there's a 1st time for everything tbf. I mean the great Messi had a shocker for in a big gamefor once.

:lol:

great honesty.

you could teach john terry a thing or two :bow:

Coney
24-04-2012, 09:28 PM
But i never said that.

Thats the rules. City did not qualify this season and they came 3rd last season.

???

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 09:33 PM
???
I saw it and changed it.

Damm

Charlietellie "whys it always me".

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 09:34 PM
I saw it and changed it.

Damm

Charlietellie "whys it always me".:blink:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-04-2012, 09:36 PM
I saw it and changed it.

Damm

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/markey_mark_wtf.gif

Japan Shaking All Over
25-04-2012, 09:32 AM
I saw it and changed it.

Damm

I get it.....

Gubby Allen
28-04-2012, 06:02 PM
You needed an option to vote for

3rd - if Chelsea win the C.L, 4th if they don't.

Basically, the bare minimum to qualify again for it next season.

Newguy
02-05-2012, 08:22 PM
How has this got so tight?????

Spurs and newcastle are one point behind

I can see us dropping points at home to Norwich

-Xs-
02-05-2012, 08:35 PM
A blend of injuries and shitness

Can see us finishing 5th if we don't get a result in our next match

cricketsi
02-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Need 6 points from the final two games now. Spurs have started playing again and will probably get two wins - Aston Villa are shite and Fulham have nothing to play for. Saying that, neither do Norwich or WBA, our opponents.

selassie
02-05-2012, 08:39 PM
I reckon we need 2 wins.

Getting worried now.....

Newguy
02-05-2012, 08:39 PM
A blend of injuries and shitness

Can see us finishing 5th if we don't get a result in our next match

As I said, I worry that we will come away from saturday with only a draw...if we dont get CL league RvP is off for sure, this is why Podolski was purchased

Syn
02-05-2012, 08:40 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8tU5OTqvqQY/Tx8SMcx1S5I/AAAAAAAABVc/ZSbidPmvQ50/s1600/402014_342302145789035_222054157813835_1231978_475 43765_n.jpg

GP
02-05-2012, 08:41 PM
We're winning the next 2 anyway so it's a moo point.

Kano
02-05-2012, 08:43 PM
theo daydreaming again

Olivier's xmas twist
02-05-2012, 08:44 PM
As I said, I worry that we will come away from saturday with only a draw...if we dont get CL league RvP is off for sure, this is why Podolski was purchased

RVP could go even if we got CL footie makes no diffrence. 3rd is still in our hands so im not worried and if/when we beat Norwich then were almost there.

Özim
02-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Very tight now, let's hope we put in a couple of decent performances rather than the mediocre ones we've put in recently.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Very tight now, let's hope we put in a couple of decent performances rather than the mediocre ones we've put in recently.

Thats all we can do 2 wins no less. No excues.

Özim
02-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Thats all we can do 2 wins no less. No excues.
Easier said and done, we've hit a bumpy patch and are finding it hard to score, if we were playing well I'd be confident we could win both games but in our current form I'm not so sure.

Xhaka Can’t
02-05-2012, 08:55 PM

Don't care about performances - I'll take 6 points even if it means stinking the place up.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Easier said and done, we've hit a bumpy patch and are finding it hard to score, if we were playing well I'd be confident we could win both games but in our current form I'm not so sure.

I agree but now its all about the points and we have to do whatever it takes to get them.

Like GB said Forget how we play. Just get the points.

Roll on Sat.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-05-2012, 09:16 PM
We'll be fine.

V-Pig
02-05-2012, 09:31 PM
We'll be fine.

:scarf:

Marc Overmars
02-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Don't care about performances - I'll take 6 points even if it means stinking the place up.

Pretty much.

Very disappointing how we've pissed away our cushion, but there is one last push needed now.

Please, for the sake of all the work you've done to rescue this season Arsene, I don't think I'd ever let this one down if the worst happens.

Come on Arsenal!

Letters
02-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Worried.

I don't think Newcastle will beat City. Even if they draw and we beat Norwich then they're out of it as our goal different is significantly better. Spurs are starting to get it together. Villa are awful but they're not safe so surely will battle on Sunday...but you could say the same about Bolton tonight. If Spurs draw then they're not out of it as even if we win our GD is only one better and unless we give Norwich a real pasting it'll be pretty close and could swing on the last day.

If we don't beat Norwich then we're screwed and if we do then we don't deserve to finish in the top 4. If we do beat them then we're very close to limping over the line but it's looking like we might well need something on the last day.

It's in our hands but we're such a butterfingers that doesn't comfort me. In brief: Argh!

Marc Overmars
02-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Hopefully West Brom players won't be arsed on the final day with Woy going.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-05-2012, 10:23 PM
And Jol gets his revenge. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
02-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Worried.

I don't think Newcastle will beat City. Even if they draw and we beat Norwich then they're out of it as our goal different is significantly better. Spurs are starting to get it together. Villa are awful but they're not safe so surely will battle on Sunday...but you could say the same about Bolton tonight. If Spurs draw then they're not out of it as even if we win our GD is only one better and unless we give Norwich a real pasting it'll be pretty close and could swing on the last day.

If we don't beat Norwich then we're screwed and if we do then we don't deserve to finish in the top 4. If we do beat them then we're very close to limping over the line but it's looking like we might well need something on the last day.

It's in our hands but we're such a butterfingers that doesn't comfort me. In brief: Argh!

4 points will do it. Probably means a draw vs Norwich and a last minute winner vs Brom.

Grebbo
02-05-2012, 11:27 PM
4th and the most nervous cup final viewing of all time awaits.

-Xs-
03-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Hmm, Bayern will be better off financially (it's claimed) if they lose the final...

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/uefa-league-nine-million-reasons-for-bayern-to-lose-final/115057/

Need that 3rd place, lol

Olivier's xmas twist
03-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Hmm, Bayern will be better off financially (it's claimed) if they lose the final...

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/uefa-league-nine-million-reasons-for-bayern-to-lose-final/115057/

Need that 3rd place, lol

How can they be better of Losing the final?

-Xs-
03-05-2012, 11:11 PM
How can they be better of Losing the final?

According to the article

But the German side would then immediately owe every penny of that bonus cash to Schalke and Hoffenheim.

When Schalke sold Germany international goalkeeper, Manuel Neuer to Bayern last summer, they inserted a cheeky "on-pitch success" clause which entitled them to massive cash bonuses based on how well the goalie's new club did.

Schalke are already due 2 million for Bayern having reached the semi-finals, but they will be due a further 4 million from the Bavarian giants if they lift the trophy in two weeks' time.

And it doesn't stop there. Hoffenheim struck a smaller but otherwise almost identical deal with Bayern after they sold Luiz Gustavo for 17 million euros in January 2011.

Hoffenheim have already picked up a 1 million euro bonus for the Munich side making the semi-finals, and they'll be due another 2 million if their rivals win the trophy.

That means that Bayern's entire 9 million prize money would be wiped out at a stroke - and also means that, financially speaking, they'd be better off pocketing the 5.6 million euros offered to the runner-up.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-05-2012, 11:20 PM
They wouldn't be better off when Beckenbauer, Rummenigge and Hoeness get their hands on the team.

Newguy
05-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Typical arsenal under wenger these days!!!

cricketsi
05-05-2012, 02:01 PM
80.77% of us look like being wrong. Impressive, even for GW. Even more so that we'd be wrong by being overly optimistic!

Özim
05-05-2012, 02:35 PM
80.77% of us look like being wrong. Impressive, even for GW. Even more so that we'd be wrong by being overly optimistic!
Even I chose 3rd and I have absolutely no faith in Wenger whatsoever, that just shows the extent of our f*ckup :lol:

Gubby Allen
05-05-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm one of the 7.69%

Me & someone else:bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-05-2012, 04:46 PM
:rose:

I'll never learn.

Syn
05-05-2012, 04:50 PM
3rd.

Cripps_orig
05-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Looks like il be right :dance:

Olivier's xmas twist
05-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Looks like il be right :dance:

What did you say 5th ?

Cripps_orig
05-05-2012, 07:02 PM
What did you say 5th ?Yup

Olivier's xmas twist
05-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Newcastle won't beat City tommrow or Everton on the last day of the season, so we will finish 4th at best.

But it will come done to the Cl final.

milla
05-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Somehow I am not to worried, Spurs will always work their miracle to fecked it up. :coffee:

-Xs-
05-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Not even the spuds could fuck this one up..

Letters
06-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Not even the spuds could fuck this one up..
Well, you say that!

Ridiculously, it's still in our hands. Trouble is we're such a butterfingers.
Even a draw would see us in 4th as Newcastle are 2 points behind with a much worse goal difference so I don't think we'll finish 5th. 3rd place is ours for the taking but it has been for the last few weeks so...gaah! I don't know any more...

jelgoon
06-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Who the fuck knows what will happen next week. West Brom are ok but they struggled against Bolton today who are terrible. West Brom's home record is nothing special so we should win. But the SPuds may not even beat Fulham. I think we will just get third and the Spuds fourth. I dont think Chelsae will beat Bayern cos they have too many suspensions so we could both get in the CL.

Gubby Allen
06-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Who the fuck knows what will happen next week.

Me. We'll draw, Spurs will win, We'll finish fourth, Chelsea will lose to Bayern for sure. We'll get in C.L again. Board will give Arsene big pat on back.

Niall_Quinn
06-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Well, you say that!

Even a draw would see us in 4th as Newcastle are 2 points behind with a much worse goal difference so I don't think we'll finish 5th. 3rd place is ours for the taking but it has been for the last few weeks so...gaah! I don't know any more...

Said 4 points would get 3rd spot and that we'd leave it until the last kick of the season to scrape it. Nothing is ever comfortable with this lot. Entertaining I suppose.

selassie
06-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Me. We'll draw, Spurs will win, We'll finish fourth, Chelsea will lose to Bayern for sure. We'll get in C.L again. Board will give Arsene big pat on back.

I think we'll bottle next week too. Reckon we'll finish 4th behind Spurs.

Niall_Quinn
06-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Dear Mr Ali-Baba,

Thank you for your order. Your trophy will be delivered next Saturday between the hours of 3pm and 5 pm, please ensure there is somebody at home to collect it. If you have any problems with your purchase please contact customer support and send more money, we'll be happy to fix it for you.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Well, you say that!

Should be a fun week next week (for the Neutral). Nah ill be excited i guess.

Has the prem ever had a last day with lots of issues unresolved.

Marc Overmars
06-05-2012, 05:57 PM
We'll finish 6th.

Xhaka Can’t
06-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Said 4 points would get 3rd spot and that we'd leave it until the last kick of the season to scrape it. Nothing is ever comfortable with this lot. Entertaining I suppose.

I call shenanigans!

You said 4 points when there were 3 games remaining - a feat no longer possible. I know this because I called it before you - and you agreed.

KSE Comedy Club
06-05-2012, 06:29 PM
There is no way we will beat WBA next week and finish third.

Spurs and barcodes are just too damn good!

Olivier's xmas twist
06-05-2012, 06:30 PM
We'll finish 6th.

If were lucky tbh.

Syn
06-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Looking at it - it's a bloody good thing Newcastle lost. Now a draw against WBA will at least leave us at 4th, so we'll be relying on Chelsea losing against Bayern in Munich. I'd like the odds of that. But then again, I gave Chelsea no chance to go past Barcelona.

GP
06-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Well, we're beating WBA anyway, so it's a moo point.

Marc Overmars
06-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Need to forget about everything else and just win the bloody game next week. Then these ****s can put their feet up and go on their jollies. It would be pretty embarrassing to finish below Spurs after everything that's gone on these past 3 months.

Grebbo
06-05-2012, 07:03 PM
3rd is in our own hands but our hands are fucking shit.

I'd be happy with 4th. Surely Chelsea can't win the Champs Lge?!

Xhaka Can’t
06-05-2012, 07:08 PM
3rd is in our own hands but our hands are fucking shit.

I'd be happy with 4th. Surely Chelsea can't win the Champs Lge?!

Must be a million to one chance at best.

fakeyank
06-05-2012, 07:14 PM
We will beat West Brom, no probs! Chambo will wreck havoc and make a mockery of that team.

Niall_Quinn
06-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Well, we're beating WBA anyway, so it's a moo point.

Shut up you cow.

Niall_Quinn
06-05-2012, 07:18 PM
I call shenanigans!

You said 4 points when there were 3 games remaining - a feat no longer possible. I know this because I called it before you - and you agreed.

If we need to get two points to come 4th, we'll find a way.

hymppi
06-05-2012, 07:41 PM
i know i'm late for this party but... holy shit! newcastle and spuds didn't have it in them.
we need to thrash the fuck out of albion.
third spot. it is ours to get.
i didn't expect this in the beginning of this season.
the magic of football, i say.

Syn
06-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Wenger KnowsBest ‏ @wengerknowsbest
We know now what we have to do. We are under no illusion about our task for next week. We must fix this handbrake.

:lol: