:pal:

Master Splinter
24-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Lampregas :haha:.

Can't even win +1 medals like Hleb.

Syn
24-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Tactically, I thought he was spot on.

I must say as well yknow that I thought he'd be insignificant at Barcelona. How wrong I was - he has played a big role.

Thierrymon
24-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Strange decision to take him off in place of Keita (sp). He was one of Barca's better players.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 09:41 PM
All that moaning and Bitching and Putting shirts over his head for that, Should have gone to Madrid tbh.

Cesc :pal: can see Hillwood smiling with a Cigar in his mouth.

GP
24-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Can't believe we got so much money for him.

£29m for that chancer? :haha:

Coney
24-04-2012, 09:47 PM

Still doesn't quite match the £35m Barcodes got for that tosser Carroll.

Master Splinter
24-04-2012, 09:48 PM
We won't be getting the trophy bonuses for Francflop Tactregas. :(

At least we'll get some of the £1.5 million transfer fee from his imminent move to Birmingham.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 09:49 PM

Yep Still we should have taken Barca for more lol.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Cesc. :lol:

I remember him.

Power n Glory
24-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Petty fans. We've won what exactly?

Marc Overmars
24-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Look man, laughing at our ex players and rivals failure is all we have to celebrate these days, let us have it eh?

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Petty fans. We've won what exactly?Considering he left to win stuff and has failed, id say laughing at the disloyal **** is spot on

GP
24-04-2012, 10:48 PM

Same as him.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Considering he left to win stuff and has failed, id say laughing at the disloyal **** is spot on

Preach the truth bruv.

toothless gibbon
25-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Haha his European Super cup, Spanish super cup and world club cup are no match for our groundsman of the year!

Kano
25-04-2012, 07:40 AM

:hug:

Joker
25-04-2012, 08:32 AM
This is one of the few things we can celebrate these days, apart from the Balance Sheet Trophy or the Moral Highground Trophy.

Letters
25-04-2012, 08:48 AM
The Moral Superiority Cup
And we're looking good for the Top Four Finish Cup

Us :bow:

Cesc :pal:

LDG
25-04-2012, 08:51 AM
We need the top three finish cup to be sure though.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-04-2012, 09:04 AM
St. Totteringham's Day.

:pray:

Japan Shaking All Over
25-04-2012, 09:55 AM
We have got plenty to be proud of.....cos

F*ck 'em, f*ck em all!
United, West Ham, Liverpool,
We are the Arsenal, we are the best,
We are the Arsenal, so f*ck off the rest

Olivier's xmas twist
25-04-2012, 11:35 AM
And if it has not been mentiond then let me just say.

And if it has been mention let me just say.

Cesc :haha:

hobson's choice
25-04-2012, 11:41 AM
He went to Barca just to lose to Chelsea

Power n Glory
25-04-2012, 11:51 AM
No real malice towards Cesc and I can understand why he wanted to leave. He'll win something with Barca eventually.

GP
25-04-2012, 12:05 PM
He used to be our ****, now he's just a ****.

Fuck him.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-04-2012, 12:11 PM
He used to be our ****, now he's just a ****.

Fuck him.

:gp:

he was always a petchulant lil shit, but he was our lil shit, now he's a Barca ****.

Niall_Quinn
25-04-2012, 02:17 PM
He served the club well. A right little bastard who kept us together in plenty of games. Knew how the game was played here and played the game well. Genuinely loves the club. Don't have any problem with the guy.

gunnerrrrr
25-04-2012, 03:19 PM
He served the club well. A right little bastard who kept us together in plenty of games. Knew how the game was played here and played the game well. Genuinely loves the club. Don't have any problem with the guy.

Spot on.....more often than not Cesc was a warrior for us....shame he never had a fit RVP playing with him, or better players around him when with us....who can forget the goals he scored vs the scum next door, or the geniune passion he should for the club...reality is if we were winning and Wenger and co had bought in better world class footballers around him, he would still be with us.

PS Fuck Chelsea the dirty ****s....John Terry does shit like kneeing people in the leg week in week out in the prem league, however no ref here has the bottle to red card the EDL captain.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-04-2012, 03:59 PM
reality is if we were winning and Wenger and co had bought in better world class footballers around him, he would still be with us.

No hewanted to go home to his boyhood club us buying better players would never have changed that one bit.

even had we won the league in the last 2 years he'd have still wanted to go.

gunnerrrrr
25-04-2012, 05:56 PM
No hewanted to go home to his boyhood club us buying better players would never have changed that one bit.

even had we won the league in the last 2 years he'd have still wanted to go.

well no actually, he is on record as saying he thought he had everything here and could have seen himself here long term.

Yes after we kept losing and Barca became the greatest team in the universe he thought the grass was definitely greener...however if for example we had beaten Man Utd in that Semi a few seasons back or even Barca who knows if he would have left.

Cripps_orig
25-04-2012, 05:57 PM
He was always going to go back and good riddance

Fuck him

Most disloyal **** of all time

Dennis Bendtner
25-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Too many cocks in the kitchen at Barca

bignev
25-04-2012, 06:01 PM
He was always going to go back and good riddance

Fuck him

Most disloyal **** of all time

I really don't get this view.

He always put in 100% for us, we let him down by not signing players who were good enough to play with him.

He was always going to move to Barca at some point, we just ensured it happened earlier.

If you want to blame someone then blame Wenger and the board.

Ask yourself this? Why wouldn't Cesc want to move from a top four club (just) with little hope of winning anything to the best team probably ever who are also your boyhood club?

Cripps_orig
25-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Refusing to play for us would make him disloyal in most peoples books tbh

Cripps_orig
25-04-2012, 06:07 PM

He always put in 100% for us, we let him down by not signing players who were good enough to play with him.

He was always going to move to Barca at some point, we just ensured it happened earlier.

Ask yourself this? Why wouldn't Cesc want to move from a top four club (just) with little hope of winning anything to the best team probably ever who are also your boyhood club?I asked myself that and the answer i gave myself was the following

There are thousands of players all over the world both past and present who dont play for their boyhood club. You dont see them pining to move every week of every season do you? Why does Cesc do it? Cos hes a **** and a disloyal one at that. Always gave 100%? Not last season or the season before. In fact he was terrible for the last 18 months he was here.

I do blame Wenger for going to the board and convincing them to lower the asking price for the **** and i blame the board for being convinced

Syn
25-04-2012, 06:11 PM
I think in the 09/10 season, he put in 100% effort. Last season, I think he didn't want to be here and it showed because he was fucking awful and disinterested in many games, and that apathy spread probably spread through the team and fans.

He's not an Arsenal legend. He's just another player who left us at the first opportunity. He didn't give us 8 years. We gave him 8 years. As soon as Barca thought they had room for him, Cesc wanted to go and did. Hleb, Flamini, Fabregas, Reyes etc. no difference in my eyes.

Anyway, at least we got a much needed change.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-04-2012, 06:19 PM
well no actually, he is on record as saying he thought he had everything here and could have seen himself here long term.

Yes after we kept losing and Barca became the greatest team in the universe he thought the grass was definitely greener...however if for example we had beaten Man Utd in that Semi a few seasons back or even Barca who knows if he would have left.

Well what else what he going to say Arsenal are shite and i want to leave etc.

He wanted to go home simples he kept pining to go home. Yes he gave us good seasons so di lots os players we had.

If he went to a madrid or Inter then you could say he left just to win stuff but he had his heart set on Barca and Barca only and nothing was stoping him going there.

fakeyank
25-04-2012, 06:26 PM

Ask yourself this? Why wouldn't Cesc want to move from a top four club (just) with little hope of winning anything to the best team probably ever who are also your boyhood club?

Gave his best for Arsenal IMO and deserves more respect from Arsenal fans.

Agree that he wouldve stayed a bit longer had we an inkling of a top European team. That is not the important point IMO.. important point is that when he was sold, why was he sold at that price and even with that price, we deserved to sign players of equal caliber. I see only one person to blame for this..

Olivier's xmas twist
25-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Cesc Fabregas congratulated Chelsea for making the UEFA Champions League final, but insisted Barcelona should have won.

The English side came from behind at the Camp Nou to draw their semi-final second leg 2-2 and send them into the final.

Fabregas and his team-mates toiled against ten-men for the whole of the second half after John Terry was sent-off - but they could not find another goal.

The former Arsenal star insists that Barca should have gone through.

"First of all we congratulate them, they are in other final and we wish them all the best," he told Sky Sports News.

"If we had to lose we wanted to lose like this, we played our style of football.

"We created a lot of chances and we deserved to go through but football sometimes is not fair and on this occasion Chelsea went through and we will see what happens."

WWW.skysports.co.uk

Olivier's xmas twist
25-04-2012, 06:27 PM

Agree that he wouldve stayed a bit longer had we an inkling of a top European team. That is not the important point IMO.. important point is that when he was sold, why was he sold at that price and even with that price, we deserved to sign players of equal caliber. I see only one person to blame for this..

Well no he wanted to go to Barca evensaid it when he got there its simple.

So all this rubbish about him staying had we been a better team is nonsense.

Marc Overmars
25-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't care that he wanted to join his boyhood club, put yourself in his shoes and it was a no brainer, win nowt here with a club happy to just be playing CL football, or join a team regarded as the best ever, winning everything in sight.

His interviews about us have grown more candid as the season has gone on. The impression I get is that he was very disheartened by the amount of change that went on around him, so it was very hard to gain some continuity and grow as a team. Something which also many of us fans have voiced concerns about in the past.

I'm not particuarly bitter about Cesc but nor do I really consider him a legend or anything of the sort. I don't doubt the affection he has for the club but I do think he eventually lost motivation and the team suffered for it, if there's any issue to be had then it's here because he was the captain and should have led by example, but he didn't.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-04-2012, 06:32 PM
I think in the 09/10 season, he put in 100% effort. Last season, I think he didn't want to be here and it showed because he was fucking awful and disinterested in many games, and that apathy spread probably spread through the team and fans.

He's not an Arsenal legend. He's just another player who left us at the first opportunity. He didn't give us 8 years. We gave him 8 years. As soon as Barca thought they had room for him, Cesc wanted to go and did. Hleb, Flamini, Fabregas, Reyes etc. no difference in my eyes.

fakeyank
25-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Well no he wanted to go to Barca evensaid it when he got there its simple.

So all this rubbish about him staying had we been a better team is nonsense.

You really think that if we were winning titles like Utd or he had top players like Vieira, Henry, Pires around him, he wouldnt have thought twice about leaving? He was carrying a bunch of freeloaders like Denilson, Diaby, Chamakh, Squillaci, Vela, Bendtner etc etc.

His boyhood club is the best team in the world or has been the best team in the world for the last 4-5 years and we have been consistently average (at best). Why wouldnt he want to leave? Only a player who is not ambitious would chose us... Reason why players like Chamakh still want to be with us. I said it before.. we are a middle class club. We will always do the bare minimum to do the necessity but wont push that limit. Comes from the board and unfortunately our manager. We need some winners at our club.. not a bunch of journeymen.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-04-2012, 06:46 PM
You really think that if we were winning titles like Utd or he had top players like Vieira, Henry, Pires around him, he wouldnt have thought twice about leaving? He was carrying a bunch of freeloaders like Denilson, Diaby, Chamakh, Squillaci, Vela, Bendtner etc etc.His boyhood club is the best team in the world or has been the best team in the world for the last 4-5 years and we have been consistently average (at best). Why wouldnt he want to leave? Only a player who is not ambitious would chose us... Reason why players like Chamakh still want to be with us. I said it before.. we are a middle class club. We will always do the bare minimum to do the necessity but wont push that limit. Comes from the board and unfortunately our manager. We need some winners at our club.. not a bunch of journeymen.

Yes he always said he wanted to go back their, lets not make out that that he would have stayed with us for life if we did or that stuff.

Nasri is someone who you could say who left to win trophies cause he was not pinning over a move to his boyhood club for 2 years.

If Cesc had gone to Madrid or a Inter then id say he had enough of this lot etc. But going to Barca was about going home for him and winning things with the club he loves like he always wantd to do.

It was only we stupidly sold him for less then we should.

he gave us a good service and for that i am greatful but he will never ever be an Arsenal great to me not because he left, cause he just was not a gooner great.

Letters
25-04-2012, 06:48 PM
You of all people talking about respect! :sarcy:

Power n Glory
25-04-2012, 06:48 PM
If RVP left this season, I gather most people will talk ill of him when he leaves even though they can completely understand why. When you watch your coach the same silly mistakes time after time and the Board fail to invest in top quality players, it takes it's toll. The reaction was mixed when Henry left but has completely simmered as the years have gone by. When Henry left, I was pretty bitter about it, but you eventually get over it. Cesc isn't in the same league as Henry but he's in no way near Flamini, Reyes and Hleb. Not in my opinion and you could tell by the emotion showed with each victory and his reaction to the fans. He loved playing here.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-04-2012, 06:50 PM
If RVP left this season, I gather most people will talk ill of him when he leaves even though they can completely understand why. When you watch your coach the same silly mistakes time after time and the Board fail to invest in top quality players, it takes it's toll. The reaction was mixed when Henry left but has completely simmered as the years have gone by. When Henry left, I was pretty bitter about it, but you eventually get over it. Cesc isn't in the same league as Henry but he's in no way near Flamini, Reyes and Hleb. Not in my opinion and you could tell by the emotion showed with each victory and his reaction to the fans. He loved playing here.

What shite especially when you know most fans have said they understand if he went and would not hold it against him. none are holding it against Cesc either.

Why should we care about him he's a Barca player now their problem.

Xhaka Can’t
25-04-2012, 07:07 PM

Totally agree with this.

Coney
25-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Cesc was a great player and if he wanted to go to Barca, I have no problem with that. It is sad that he just looks like just another diving writhing Barca cheating scumbag now.

Marc Overmars
25-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Cesc was a great player and if he wanted to go to Barca, I have no problem with that. It is sad that he just looks like just another diving writhing Barca cheating scumbag now.

He looked the same with us.

fakeyank
25-04-2012, 07:40 PM
You of all people talking about respect! :sarcy:

Yup, I have it for anyone who does their best in the Arsenal shirt. Left early due to actions of an incompetent manager and useless board.

fakeyank
25-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Yes he always said he wanted to go back their, lets not make out that that he would have stayed with us for life if we did or that stuff.

Nasri is someone who you could say who left to win trophies cause he was not pinning over a move to his boyhood club for 2 years.

If Cesc had gone to Madrid or a Inter then id say he had enough of this lot etc. But going to Barca was about going home for him and winning things with the club he loves like he always wantd to do.

It was only we stupidly sold him for less then we should.

he gave us a good service and for that i am greatful but he will never ever be an Arsenal great to me not because he left, cause he just was not a gooner great.

I never said he is great nor did I ever say he wouldve stuck around forever. I do not see born and bred gooners like Jack Wilshere, Jenkinson (if he turns into a world class player), Oxo staying with us if AW continues with the bullshit he has been doing since 06. I only say that Cesc wouldve thought twice or delayed his departure to Barcelona for a longer time.. we did not give a world class player, a world class squad to play with. What we gave him instead was a bunch of mediocre highly paid donkeys and a clueless manager past his sell on date.

Letters
25-04-2012, 08:57 PM
incompetent manager.
:lol: You think we'd be in 3rd if we had an incompetent manager?

fakeyank
25-04-2012, 09:18 PM
:lol: You think we'd be in 3rd if we had an incompetent manager?

We'd be out of all competitions by February for 6 years with a club of Arsenal's resources.. yes! Very incompetent

Letters
25-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Dodged the question then :good:

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Dodged the question then :good:

Yes, he is incompetent. I said that in the reply above your post. I look at being 3rd with the resources he has at hand, as a failure. I look at Arsenal as having everything to be the top 3 clubs in world football.. u r happy with top 3 in England and scrapping for CL places. From your perspective, he is very competent.. for me, he is a failure. Depends on perspective.
I hope I never change my perspective and be satiated with being 2nd, 3rd or 4th best. I know it entails me a lot more heartache compared to being content seeing my team lose almost a 3rd of the games in the season and thinking we did something alright, just because the other teams around my team were failures.

Kano
26-04-2012, 08:31 AM
If RVP left this season, I gather most people will talk ill of him when he leaves even though they can completely understand why.

hopefully so. it would follow in the best traditions of being a football supporter. y'know, calling digging out ex players when they fail. hardly a bloody revelation is it

Letters
26-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Yes, he is incompetent. I said that in the reply above your post. I look at being 3rd with the resources he has at hand, as a failure. I look at Arsenal as having everything to be the top 3 clubs in world football.
Really? ManYoo, City, Chelsea, Barca and Real all have far bigger resources. That's just off the top of my head. We're always up there in the 'rich list' of clubs but that's misleading. City aren't up there at all on that list but you know as well as I that we can't compete with them in the transfer market. None of the above have new stadia to pay off and some of the above are bankrolled in ways we're not and I hope we never are.

We're 3rd. The only teams ahead of us are Utd who we pretty much all acknowledge (through gritted teeth) have the best manager around and City who have spent their way there. We've above all the other sides plenty of whom have spent a lot more than us in an attempt to dislodge us and failed repeatedly. If Wenger is incompetent then what does that say about their managers? Do you actually think it's easy to finish top 4 every single season for as long as Wenger has? Fergie is the only other manager who has done it in England. That tells you something.

I'm happy with being top 3 in England in the sense that it's a lot better than we've been for most of Arsenal's history. I was looking back, from the 50's to the 80's we won 7 trophies. 7. In 40 years. And some of those were a long way apart, we won nothing at all in the 60s, for example. Some people on here have the idea that Arsenal have always been a successful club and won lots of trophies, historically that isn't so. Where I'm less happy is that given that we are at that level we should be winning trophies and that is where we have failed. Wenger has failed. I've explained at length elsewhere why I'm a bit more optimistic about this current lot so we'll see. Let's face it Wenger is going nowhere so you might as well get behind him and he deserves respect for exactly the same reason you say Cesc does - he's giving his best for the club (even if you think that best isn't good enough) and if he is being too restrained in the transfer market I genuinely believe that is at least in part because he's looking longer term. Maybe in part it's because of his principles and doing things the 'right way' which I in some ways admire but also think he needs to be a little more pragmatic. I don't for one minute think he's doing it just to line his own pockets though.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Yes, he is incompetent. I said that in the reply above your post. I look at being 3rd with the resources he has at hand, as a failure. I look at Arsenal as having everything to be the top 3 clubs in world football.. u r happy with top 3 in England and scrapping for CL places. From your perspective, he is very competent.. for me, he is a failure. Depends on perspective.
I hope I never change my perspective and be satiated with being 2nd, 3rd or 4th best. I know it entails me a lot more heartache compared to being content seeing my team lose almost a 3rd of the games in the season and thinking we did something alright, just because the other teams around my team were failures.

best manager in the league tbh

Letters
26-04-2012, 09:00 AM
best manager in the league tbh
No. 2nd best.

cricketsi
26-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Really? ManYoo, City, Chelsea, Barca and Real all have far bigger resources. That's just off the top of my head. We're always up there in the 'rich list' of clubs but that's misleading. City aren't up there at all on that list but you know as well as I that we can't compete with them in the transfer market. None of the above have new stadia to pay off and some of the above are bankrolled in ways we're not and I hope we never are.

We're 3rd. The only teams ahead of us are Utd who we pretty much all acknowledge (through gritted teeth) have the best manager around and City who have spent their way there. We've above all the other sides plenty of whom have spent a lot more than us in an attempt to dislodge us and failed repeatedly. If Wenger is incompetent then what does that say about their managers? Do you actually think it's easy to finish top 4 every single season for as long as Wenger has? Fergie is the only other manager who has done it in England. That tells you something.

I'm happy with being top 3 in England in the sense that it's a lot better than we've been for most of Arsenal's history. I was looking back, from the 50's to the 80's we won 7 trophies. 7. In 40 years. And some of those were a long way apart, we won nothing at all in the 60s, for example. Some people on here have the idea that Arsenal have always been a successful club and won lots of trophies, historically that isn't so. Where I'm less happy is that given that we are at that level we should be winning trophies and that is where we have failed. Wenger has failed. I've explained at length elsewhere why I'm a bit more optimistic about this current lot so we'll see. Let's face it Wenger is going nowhere so you might as well get behind him and he deserves respect for exactly the same reason you say Cesc does - he's giving his best for the club (even if you think that best isn't good enough) and if he is being too restrained in the transfer market I genuinely believe that is at least in part because he's looking longer term. Maybe in part it's because of his principles and doing things the 'right way' which I in some ways admire but also think he needs to be a little more pragmatic. I don't for one minute think he's doing it just to line his own pockets though.

:gp: It's easy to lose perspective when we feel we could be doing better, but to call Arsene Wenger incompetent is clearly nonsensical.

Coney
26-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Incompetent would mean he is not doing what he has been tasked to do. If his brief from the board was to keep the Arsenal in the CL every year, not break the bank while we get the new stadium out of the way, then he has been extremely competent, even if we fans have been frustrated with the resultant year-after-year of almosts and not-quites.

Is he the best manager in the league? Hard to say. If his brief was to only to target winning trophies, then clearly he is merely 2nd as Letters says.

If Ferguson had the brief to keep manu in the CL every year AND finance a new stadium from scratch while taking care not to go bust or blow the cash flow, could he have done it? We'll never know.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 11:11 AM

Thats the most retarded thing ever posted on GW since you were one of the people who thought we not even finish in the top 4 with the resources we had. way to move the goal posts to suit your argument eh.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 11:12 AM

Brilliant postt letters from ya as per usual.

latewinner
26-04-2012, 11:20 AM

So Man United fans should use this excuse when they stop winning trophies - Before Fergie came we hadn't won the league in 26 years we should remember that. Forget the success we enjoyed for 20 years and that we're the wealthiest and most popular club in the world and remember we used to be shit in the 70s and 80's we can't complain we don't win trophies now. Despite clearly underutilizing our resources as well as the manager making a lot of basic management mistakes for years and years . If he tells us settling for 4th and no trophy every year is good enough because you didn't have it so good before I came we have to like it and lump it.

latewinner
26-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Thats the most retarded thing ever posted on GW since you were one of the people who thought we not even finish in the top 4 with the resources we had. way to move the goal posts to suit your argument eh.

Are u sure he didn't say with the squad we have

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 11:24 AM
So Man United fans should use this excuse when they stop winning trophies - Before Fergie came we hadn't won the league in 26 years we should remember that. Forget the success we enjoyed for 20 years and that we're the wealthiest and most popular club in the world and remember we used to be shit in the 70s and 80's we can't complain we don't win trophies now. Despite clearly underutilizing our resources as well as the manager making a lot of basic management mistakes for years and years . If he tells us settling for 4th and no trophy every year is good enough because you didn't have it so good before I came we have to like it and lump it.

So your a manc fan now?

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Are u sure he didn't say with the squad we have

He says a lot of things. but i sure he'll say the sqaud to help his argument.

latewinner
26-04-2012, 11:28 AM
So your a manc fan now?

No but the we used to be bad excuse has no relation to where we are now

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 11:40 AM
No but the we used to be bad excuse has no relation to where we are now

Its not an excuse though its the truth. No one is hiding behind it either that was letters own Opionion and he is entitled to it is he not.

latewinner
26-04-2012, 11:55 AM
To me it is. Our position in the past has nothing to do with what we expect now. And we're clearly nowhere near maxing our resources. When our back up strikers are worse than nearly all the others in the league and a fair few championship team is that us using our resources fully. A guy on a free who can barely get a game and when he can does nothing and another striker who so bad can't get a game. Is Wenger banking on rvp staying fit with his injury record and having those two in wait using resources fully
Everton were able to buy a good striker for 5 million, Newcastle another one for 10 million both contributing to their team straight away. How is that a team that was relegated 2 years ago can now overtake us? Really, is that where should be now, struggling to keep ahead of Newcastle.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 12:00 PM
To me it is. Our position in the past has nothing to do with what we expect now. And we're clearly nowhere near maxing our resources. When our back up strikers are worse than nearly all the others in the league and a fair few championship team is that us using our resources fully. A guy on a free who can barely get a game and when he can does nothing and another striker who so bad can't get a game. Is Wenger banking on rvp staying fit with his injury record and having those two in wait using resources fully
Everton were able to buy a good striker for 5 million, Newcastle another one for 10 million both contributing to their team straight away. How is that a team that was relegated 2 years ago can now overtake us? Really, is that where should be now, struggling to keep ahead of Newcastle.

:doh:

Yeah Newcastle having one good season means they can overtake us, If your appying that logic then it goes for 14 other teams in the prem too.

All i know is the board will do things the same way they always have and until a new man comes in or Stan gains ful control not much will change. No of us no how much money there is to spend and none of us never will.

Like i said if Letters feels finsihing 3rd its his issue does not mean he not want the club to do better or the club should not do better.

Power n Glory
26-04-2012, 12:16 PM
hopefully so. it would follow in the best traditions of being a football supporter. y'know, calling digging out ex players when they fail. hardly a bloody revelation is it

Nope, just moronic.

Kano
26-04-2012, 12:25 PM
i'm not sure you get this whole supporting a football club thing.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 12:30 PM

Ignore him. If it was Chamachk this thread was made for he'd be giving to him. But because its Cesc and he left because that bad man Wenger made him Cesc has to be treated like a victim and Arsenal Legend he never was.

Who cares about former players, thats the point their former players. Its ok to be thankful for what they did. But their is not wrong with laughing at them.

Letters
26-04-2012, 12:34 PM

I don't know what you mean by using the word 'excuse', it's not an excuse it's just factual information about our history. Yes, in the 70s ManYoo weren't even in the top division. They should remember that and they should be thankful for what Fergie's done for them. They should remember that historically no club has dominated football forever and that they're lucky to have seen the things they have, as are we. Fans of most sides have never seen their side win the league let alone the double. Liverpool were the kings of the 70's and 80's, who knew that when they regained the title from us in 1990 it would be their last title to date. To expect the level of succcess which Utd now enjoy, and we enjoyed for the first half of Wenger's time with us, is unrealistic. We should have done better in the last 7 years but some people on here are under-estimating how hard it is to finish in the top few every single season. No-one else bar Fergie has done it. Yes, we should have won some trophies along the way in the last 7 years and that is Wenger's failing, but he's hardly taken us to the brink of relegation. It could be better but it could also be a lot, lot worse.

AKBapologist
26-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Another wegner moan up... Ah GW, never change.

Between *tight hamstrings* and back passing the ball to Messi on the edge of our defence, I'm quite satisfied seeing yet another one of our supposed stars, bottling it just as we have for the last half decade.

Syn
26-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Fabregas:

“Football is unjust sometimes. But if there’s one way you want to lose, it’s like this, being true to our style. Chelsea’s playing style damaged us, we were far superior and we created chances.”

Man up, bruv.

It's not unjust. Had you stuck your chances away in the first leg, you'd be in the final.

He's a muppet. He's made for the English league not the Spanish league. He's a power player not one of those tippy-tappy players. The style of football he's suited for is the type of stuff Chelsea play so don't know why he's so overdefensive about playing football 'the way it's meant to be played'.

He's like a bender in the closet acting homophobic so people think he's straight. Like Cripps.

You're a pub-teamer. There's no shame in it. If you want to be an elite footballer, you need to play in England. You're not good enough to be Spanish.

LDG
26-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Fabregas:

He's like a bender in the closet acting homophobic so people think he's straight. Like Cripps.

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Fabregas:

Man up, bruv.

It's not unjust. Had you stuck your chances away in the first leg, you'd be in the final.

He's a muppet. He's made for the English league not the Spanish league. He's a power player not one of those tippy-tappy players. The style of football he's suited for is the type of stuff Chelsea play so don't know why he's so overdefensive about playing football 'the way it's meant to be played'.

You're a pub-teamer. There's no shame in it. If you want to be an elite footballer, you need to play in England. You're not good enough to be Spanish.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Not really a suprise he say this, he has always been a knob tbh. he said the same shite when Ipswich beat us. The guy needs to learn how ti be a good loser not a bad one.

Letters
26-04-2012, 01:00 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/future-news-barcelona-petition-fifa-declare-possession-more-225601843.html

:lol:

Power n Glory
26-04-2012, 01:04 PM

What does this have to do with Arsenal and supporting our club? You don't have to answer, I just think it stem from bitterness.

latewinner
26-04-2012, 01:06 PM
:doh:

Yeah Newcastle having one good season means they can overtake us, If your appying that logic then it goes for 14 other teams in the prem too.

All i know is the board will do things the same way they always have and until a new man comes in or Stan gains ful control not much will change. No of us no how much money there is to spend and none of us never will.

Like i said if Letters feels finsihing 3rd its his issue does not mean he not want the club to do better or the club should not do better.

I guess I'll use this one too - :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I guess I'll use this one too - :doh:

Well have newcastle not overtaken other team or is it just us. Were chavs nor 2nd last year and now their behind newcastle same for spuds/pool/everton/Villa/Stoke/Fulham and more all teams who finsshed abouve newcastle but are having worse seasons then too.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Another wegner moan up... Ah GW, never change.

Between *tight hamstrings* and back passing the ball to Messi on the edge of our defence, I'm quite satisfied seeing yet another one of our supposed stars, bottling it just as we have for the last half decade.

Pretty much. Had Ramsey done that he be crucifed but because it was Cesc he did nout wrong.

Kano
26-04-2012, 01:32 PM
What does this have to do with Arsenal and supporting our club? You don't have to answer, I just think it stem from bitterness.

what does having a laugh at players that used to play for arsenal have to do with arsenal?

beyond me really

Power n Glory
26-04-2012, 01:42 PM
what does having a laugh at players that used to play for arsenal have to do with arsenal?

beyond me really

I guessed it would be.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 01:43 PM

beyond me really

Png :rose:

Joker
26-04-2012, 02:32 PM

Png :rose:

I thought Fabregas was really poor in his final season and I lost a bit of respect for him the way he didn't seem bothered, but us laughing at him for failing with Barca this season (and the vitriol aimed towards Nasri) is OTT in my opinion, and I think is done simply to cover up our own deficiencies and avoid asking the question of why we've lost so many top players in the recent past (although I don't think either Nasri or Cesc are absolute top quality tbh) We have lost so many players because we lack ambition, and seem content with champions league qualification and treating the club as a business. Sure, people will counter that by saying Nasri moved for greed and Cesc wanted to return to his boyhood club, but money wasn't the only factor motivating Nasri and Cesc himself has admitted he became disillusioned at the club. This wouldn't happen at a club like Man Utd. PnG is correct to say it's just sour grapes and bitterness from some fans, especially those who think everything's rosy in the Arsenal garden

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I thought Fabregas was really poor in his final season and I lost a bit of respect for him the way he didn't seem bothered, but us laughing at him for failing with Barca this season (and the vitriol aimed towards Nasri) is OTT in my opinion, and I think is done simply to cover up our own deficiencies and avoid asking the question of why we've lost so many top players in the recent past (although I don't think either Nasri or Cesc are absolute top quality tbh) We have lost so many players because we lack ambition, and seem content with champions league qualification and treating the club as a business. Sure, people will counter that by saying Nasri moved for greed and Cesc wanted to return to his boyhood club, but money wasn't the only factor motivating Nasri and Cesc himself has admitted he became disillusioned at the club. This wouldn't happen at a club like Man Utd. PnG is correct to say it's just sour grapes and bitterness from some fans, especially those who think everything's rosy in the Arsenal garden

There you go your Opinion, i don't give 2 shits what he wins with Barca or not or the fact he is their player, i don't need to show him no respect any more as he plays his trade elsewhere. Id never boo him because of all he did for the club but like most i won't suck his dick either. Cesc is just another Arsenal player who has moved to fulfil his dream good luck to him. Of course i wish he had a more succeful time with us, nothing can be done about that now.

This thread started out a joke thread nout to serious till the moral high gang like yourselfs made it into something it did not need to be.

Dennis Bendtner
26-04-2012, 02:44 PM
or simply it is just larfing for the lols and banter

I think we all know the score regarding his move.

Joker
26-04-2012, 02:45 PM
There you go your Opinion, i don't give 2 shits what he wins with Barca or not or the fact he is their player, i don't need to show him no respect any more as he plays his trade elsewhere. Id never boo him because of all he did for the club but like most i won't suck his dick either. Cesc is just another Arsenal player who has moved to fulfil his dream good luck to him. Of course i wish he had a more succeful time with us, nothing can be done about that now.

This thread started out a joke thread nout to serious till the moral high gang like yourselfs made it into something it did not need to be.

I'm not saying anyone should "suck his dick", I'm indifferent towards him after he's left and his poor final season. However, the schadenfreude on display here and the outright hatred aimed at Nasri I think is partly because what he said about him being more likely to win trophies at City is correct, and we all know that.

Marc Overmars
26-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Isn't schadenfreude just part and parcel of being a football fan though?

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm not saying anyone should "suck his dick", I'm indifferent towards him after he's left and his poor final season. However, the schadenfreude on display here and the outright hatred aimed at Nasri I think is partly because what he said about him being more likely to win trophies at City is correct, and we all know that.

No Its because hes a prat who Insuslted the Arsenal fans and sais they were the reason he was leaving, not problems at the club.

Maybe if he had shown more respect for the fans they would have for him.

Joker
26-04-2012, 02:55 PM

Yeah you're right tbh, I just think some of it's gone over the top, especially with respect to Nasri. Cripps' abuse of Cesc is also unwarranted IMO.

Kano
26-04-2012, 03:01 PM

of course it is. it usually helps if you actually attend a football match every now and then to understand exactly why you follow the game.

Marc Overmars
26-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Yeah you're right tbh, I just think some of it's gone over the top, especially with respect to Nasri. Cripps' abuse of Cesc is also unwarranted IMO.

I suppose. But then we are all faceless internet warriors, something tells me we wouldn't say half the shit we do to their faces.

LDG
26-04-2012, 03:23 PM
I suppose. But then we are all faceless internet warriors, something tells me we wouldn't say half the shit we do to their faces.

Defo not your face, tbf. :sick:

GP
26-04-2012, 03:24 PM

Exactly. Especially with ****s like Nasri who really deserve to be spat on.

Marc Overmars
26-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Defo not your face, tbf. :sick:

Cunt.

LDG
26-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Cunt.

:bow:

Syn
26-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Great. Another thread that had turned into a tedious whinge at Arsenal fans. When certain posters get involved, you might as well stop reading the thread.

Nasri is a ****.

Cesc is insignifi****.

fakeyank

Charlie, sometimes I dont feel like responding to your rhetoric's but you are so adorable that I cant resist! :hug:

IMO, we have CL football and a manager who can spend decent money to get new players. We have a manager who has freedom to make changes not only in football matters, but also business matters at the club. Thats great resources for ANY football manager. No other manager has that kind of freedom other than may be SAF in England yet we are far behind. A few of the posters here are classing AW's achievement of being 3rd now based on the failures of Chelsea and Spurs. I am looking at where Utd and City are, and want to be where they are.. you can either look down and feel happy or look up and be inspired. Looks like your call is to look down and feel content! :good:

Letters
Exactly. Especially with ****s like Nasri who really deserve to be spat on.
He is literally a ****

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Exactly. Especially with ****s like Nasri who really deserve to be shat on.

:gp: GP

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 03:38 PM

Charlie, sometimes I dont feel like responding to your rhetoric's but you are so adorable that I cant resist! :hug:

IMO, we have CL football and a manager who can spend decent money to get new players. We have a manager who has freedom to make changes not only in football matters, but also business matters at the club. Thats great resources for ANY football manager. No other manager has that kind of freedom other than may be SAF in England yet we are far behind. A few of the posters here are classing AW's achievement of being 3rd now based on the failures of Chelsea and Spurs. I am looking at where Utd and City are, and want to be where they are.. you can either look down and feel happy or look up and be inspired. Looks like your call is to look down and feel content! :good:

Yes we have the resources but City and UTD have better Recources then us do they not. Of course AW should use the resourse he has to the maxium to help the team succeed.

Of course the club should aim higher even if the fans are happy with 3rd.

I was talking about this season not the last 7 so i apologise if i mistook what you said. But with sqaud we had this season id have to say 3rd would be good for us (this season).

If We spend big in the summer then no way would i accept 3rd as the maxuim we should achieve.

Letters
26-04-2012, 03:40 PM
A few of the posters here are classing AW's achievement of being 3rd now based on the failures of Chelsea and Spurs. I am looking at where Utd and City are, and want to be where they are.. you can either look down and feel happy or look up and be inspired. Looks like your call is to look down and feel content! :good:
Well not really. I think it's valid to compare yourself to the best and aspire to be the best. We should be doing that. But we should also be realistic. You said above that we have the resources to be one of the top 3 in world football. How so? ManYoo, Chelsea and City can all massively out-spend us. One is a bigger club, the other two are bankrolled. And that's just in this country. The two Spanish teams have bigger resources too.

Sadly these days there is a correlation between money and success. I do think things were mis-managed last summer which left us struggling this year. Wenger is to blame in part (I don't believe entirely) for that but he deserves some credit for us being in 3rd rather than in mid-table right now as we all feared. I don't think we should be too disgraced about being below the sides above us for obvious reasons, I do think we should be closer to them though given our resources.

GP
26-04-2012, 03:42 PM
You forgot to say 'bumbling idiot' :good:

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Well not really. I think it's valid to compare yourself to the best and aspire to be the best. We should be doing that.
But we should also be realistic. You said above that we have the resources to be one of the top 3 in world football. How so? ManYoo, Chelsea and City can all massively out-spend us. One is a bigger club, the other two are bankrolled. And that's just in this country. The two Spanish teams have bigger resources too.
Sadly these days there is a correlation between money and success. I do think things were mis-managed last summer which left us struggling this year. Wenger is to blame in part (I don't believe entirely) for that but he deserves some credit for us being in 3rd rather than in mid-table right now as we all feared. I don't think we should be too disgraced about being below the sides above us for obvious reasons, I do think we should be closer to them though given our resources.

Pretty Much.

Until we taken over by some rich suga daddy we'd always be 3rd or 4th best in this league and have less advantage over the other 2 teams.

The Owners want quick success and will buy the best to get it which leaves the rest of us fighting over the bestof the rest.

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 03:47 PM

What is this resources that thing you talk about? Utd and Barca pretty much have the same resources as us! Utd have an owner who is openly raping them but they have a manager who stands up and says "I am a football manager and I am here to win football games". Barca is broke but they spend when they see quality! AW does not even spend the money we make off of transfers!

As for Utd having the best manager. Of course they do! What I fail to understand is how AW has fallen behind SAF. AW was just as good as him till 06. Not only is he coming 2nd best, he is consistently coming 4th best these days!! To me, its clear... SAF realized football has changed and he needs to adapt accordingly. Wenger has failed and not adapted.. he still has no Plan B in matches, still has no defensive stability. The only thing AW has got better at over the last 6 years is the ability to talk absolute gob about team spirit and mental strength.

I don't for one minute think he's doing it just to line his own pockets though.

I think he is busy lining his pockets and that is why I despise him as an Arsenal manager. Its very simple to me..

- Either the board is denying him funds and meddling with football matters and not letting him sign players. In this case he should resign just like how any other top football manager would. A winner like him should not work with so much constraints
- Or the board has given him decent funds and freedom over football matters. In this case, he should be hung to dry for the way he has dismantled the team and brought us to a level where we are 20 points behind Utd!

I am very confident that the later is true and for that, I do not want him as my manager nor do I think he is any good. Its the battered wife syndrome (said by a great poster on GW). He pushes us into a well (beginning of every season) and then picks us up and then he is the great manager who with his limited budget and constraints has got Arsenal to the top 4! Bollocks!

Joker
26-04-2012, 03:47 PM
But just look at how Newcastle are pushing for a top 3 position, despite spending much less than teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and ourselves. There are high quality players available on the market, Pardew has proven that which is why they're doing so well in the league. You'll say, but they're still not challenging against Citeh or United, but the gulf in terms of financial muscle between Newcastle and ourselves is surely comparable to the gulf between ourselves and Man Utd/City. And yet they're hot on our heels.

Moreover, even if we accept the argument that the league is unattainable, why have our performances in the cups been so poor? Teams like Everton, Spurs have reached the finals of major cup competitions, and yet we seem to disrespect them, because it's all about coming 4th.

LDG
26-04-2012, 03:48 PM

LDG
26-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Well not really. I think it's valid to compare yourself to the best and aspire to be the best. We should be doing that. But we should also be realistic. You said above that we have the resources to be one of the top 3 in world football. How so? ManYoo, Chelsea and City can all massively out-spend us. One is a bigger club, the other two are bankrolled. And that's just in this country. The two Spanish teams have bigger resources too.

Hmmm. We'll see.

Kano
26-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Cesc is insignifi****.

i lolled

Syn
26-04-2012, 03:50 PM

Sepp :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 03:51 PM

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Yes we have the resources but City and UTD have better Recources then us do they not. Of course AW should use the resourse he has to the maxium to help the team succeed.

Of course the club should aim higher even if the fans are happy with 3rd.

I was talking about this season not the last 7 so i apologise if i mistook what you said. But with sqaud we had this season id have to say 3rd would be good for us (this season).

If We spend big in the summer then no way would i accept 3rd as the maxuim we should achieve.

Correction. Utd does not have great resources. Look at their net spend over the last 10 years or so and you will see they have barely spent a lot.

The part in bold... AW has got us into this position. He left the squad to the bare bones, then got us into 3rd place mostly because of RVP, Allah's blessings and the failure of Spurs and Chelsea YET we look at this season and say it was a good season. No, it wasnt a good season! We just had another season.. you could copy and paste any of the last 6 seasons and it would look eerily similar!

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 03:55 PM
But just look at how Newcastle are pushing for a top 3 position, despite spending much less than teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and ourselves. There are high quality players available on the market, Pardew has proven that which is why they're doing so well in the league. You'll say, but they're still not challenging against Citeh or United, but the gulf in terms of financial muscle between Newcastle and ourselves is surely comparable to the gulf between ourselves and Man Utd/City. And yet they're hot on our heels.

Moreover, even if we accept the argument that the league is unattainable, why have our performances in the cups been so poor? Teams like Everton, Spurs have reached the finals of major cup competitions, and yet we seem to disrespect them, because it's all about coming 4th.

That is true and they are having a good seasons but when they do it for the next 5 then they will be taken seriously. Newcastle have overachieved and its worked for them.

I mean Ba a striker that any of the top 4 clubs want, but at the time none of them wanted him, and had we got him at that time, he'd have been called a pub teamer and a rubbish signing.

Cisse has been good for them but another 1 who has no been playng under pressure like most of their sqaud and add to the face the usual top 6 has not been the greatest this year.

Had Newcastle go one and won the league then you'd have a good point though.

Kano
26-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Correction. Utd does not have great resources. Look at their net spend over the last 10 years or so and you will see they have barely spent a lot.
they spent 130 million more than us in that time

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 03:57 PM

The part in bold... AW has got us into this position. He left the squad to the bare bones, then got us into 3rd place mostly because of RVP, Allah's blessings and the failure of Spurs and Chelsea YET we look at this season and say it was a good season. No, it wasnt a good season! We just had another season.. you could copy and paste any of the last 6 seasons and it would look eerily similar!

Thats your Opionion But at the end of the day it won't matter neither will mine.

UTD do have better resources then us stop being silly they can still afford to buy 3 players for 30 mill or more we can't do that and you know it.

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 03:57 PM

Real, City and Chelsea are the real money bags of world football

Utd and Barca are strong because they have good managers and people around the club that want to win football matches. Utd's net spending is just 8 million quid a season! Thats not breaking the bank. We can surely do that!

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

We have the money. Everything in the papers or what we hear from AW or the news says the same.. we have the resources to significantly strengthen the team yet we dont! With the resources we have, we should be challenging for trophies and winning some every season.

Kano
26-04-2012, 03:58 PM

Utd and Barca are strong because they have good managers and people around the club that want to win football matches. Utd's net spending is just 8 million quid a season! Thats not breaking the bank. We can surely do that!

We have the money. Everything in the papers or what we hear from AW or the news says the same.. we have the resources to significantly strengthen the team yet we dont! With the resources we have, we should be challenging for trophies and winning some every season.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/PL-decade-spending.jpg

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 03:59 PM
they spent 130 million more than us in that time

And whose fault is that?

Kano
26-04-2012, 04:00 PM
dont care

just pointing out your figures are wrong for net spending

34248923849 titles or whatever it is now, equals a lot of money to spend. utd have never been shy to spend

Joker
26-04-2012, 04:02 PM
We have made a choice not to spend much in the transfer market, a choice which has resulted in us stagnating as a football club over the past 7 years.

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 04:04 PM
http://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/PL-decade-spending.jpg

Thank you for that! You made it easier. All this talk of "we cant compete with the money power of Utd/City" is absolute bollocks then! Liverpool and spurs have spent more than Utd yet Utd know how to spend wisely and be at the top! Last 10 seasons, they have spent 17 million quid a season. Surely we can spend 10 million quid a season? Or are we worse than that? Why have we not strengthened? Arsene Wenger! He thinks he is going to win everything with Diaby, Vela, Denilson, Benayoun, Scillaci and co.

:ilt:

Joker
26-04-2012, 04:04 PM
And look at some of the clubs who have spent more, Stoke, Sunderland and Aston Villa. If they were able to spend more than us, surely there was some spare capacity and we could have spend more if we wanted to? Or do we really believe we are in a tighter financial straigtjacket than the aforementioned clubs?

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 04:05 PM

yep because the papers and Aw tell the truth fact is we don't and never will know if we ever had the money simples.

Obvioulsy we had some money as we spent some in september, but i doubt we had loads as you suggest.

If we did we don't know how much the board released but that a topic for another thread this one has gone of course for too long now.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Thank you for that! You made it easier. All this talk of "we cant compete with the money power of Utd/City" is absolute bollocks then! Liverpool and spurs have spent more than Utd yet Utd know how to spend wisely and be at the top! Last 10 seasons, they have spent 17 million quid a season. Surely we can spend 10 million quid a season? Or are we worse than that? Why have we not strengthened? Arsene Wenger! He thinks he is going to win everything with Diaby, Vela, Denilson, Benayoun, Scillaci and co.

So you believe we can chuck the same amount of money on a player that city and UTD can more fool you if you beileve that.

The bit in bold well duh. UTD know how to win titles so they know how to go about it.

Spuds and pool had to spend that money to get them where they wanted to be.

We did not need to spend money to finish 3rd/4th which was the aim for the 4 st years on the move to the emirates and anyone with a brain could see that.

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 04:07 PM
dont care

just pointing out your figures are wrong for net spending

34248923849 titles or whatever it is now, equals a lot of money to spend. utd have never been shy to spend

They spent more than us but that does not mean they have spent a lot! I guess you did not get that point. Even Villa spent more than us. Does not mean they are the money bags of football. And circling back, thats what I was saying.. Utd spend according to what looks very realistic for a club of our size yet we DONT! Why!?

LDG
26-04-2012, 04:08 PM

Add 25million per season on satdium repayments each year for four years, and see what figure that takes us up to. Oh yeah. About the same as Utd.

And we're still third.

Joker
26-04-2012, 04:10 PM
yep because the papers and Aw tell the truth fact is we don't and never will know if we ever had the money simples.

Obvioulsy we had some money as we spent some in september, but i doubt we had loads as you suggest.

If we did we don't know how much the board released but that a topic for another thread this one has gone of course for too long now.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/gazidis-we-have-sufficient-funds-to-invest

There is money available, we have chosen not to spend it. Moreover, even with the little that we have spent, it could have been used to sign better players. For example, instead of Gervinho, Squillaci, Park, Chamakh we could have got in Cisse, Cabaye, Parker. Spending money on the later three instead of the former 4 wouldn't have cost the earth.

Xhaka Can’t
26-04-2012, 04:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 04:12 PM
They spent more than us but that does not mean they have spent a lot! I guess you did not get that point. Even Villa spent more than us. Does not mean they are the money bags of football. And circling back, thats what I was saying.. Utd spend according to what looks very realistic for a club of our size yet we DONT! Why!?
Because we had a staduim to repay off all the other club never simples.

You go on like we had money with no debt in the last 7 years at leas add that in your agrument instead of being so one sided is tedious tbh.

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 04:13 PM
So you believe we can chuck the same amount of money on a player that city and UTD can more fool you if you beileve that.

Yes, we can. Why cant we!? We got 25 million quid for Nasri and Adebayor. Between 30-40 million for Cesc. Of course we can spend 30 million quid at players. Something Utd can do. IMO, everything Utd can do monetarily on a player, we can do match at least 70% of that.

Xhaka Can’t
26-04-2012, 04:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
What is this resources that thing you talk about? Utd and Barca pretty much have the same resources as us! Utd have an owner who is openly raping them but they have a manager who stands up and says "I am a football manager and I am here to win football games". Barca is broke but they spend when they see quality! AW does not even spend the money we make off of transfers!

As for Utd having the best manager. Of course they do! What I fail to understand is how AW has fallen behind SAF. AW was just as good as him till 06. Not only is he coming 2nd best, he is consistently coming 4th best these days!! To me, its clear... SAF realized football has changed and he needs to adapt accordingly. Wenger has failed and not adapted.. he still has no Plan B in matches, still has no defensive stability. The only thing AW has got better at over the last 6 years is the ability to talk absolute gob about team spirit and mental strength.

I think he is busy lining his pockets and that is why I despise him as an Arsenal manager. Its very simple to me..

- Either the board is denying him funds and meddling with football matters and not letting him sign players. In this case he should resign just like how any other top football manager would. A winner like him should not work with so much constraints
- Or the board has given him decent funds and freedom over football matters. In this case, he should be hung to dry for the way he has dismantled the team and brought us to a level where we are 20 points behind Utd!

I am very confident that the later is true and for that, I do not want him as my manager nor do I think he is any good. Its the battered wife syndrome (said by a great poster on GW). He pushes us into a well (beginning of every season) and then picks us up and then he is the great manager who with his limited budget and constraints has got Arsenal to the top 4! Bollocks!

fakeyank
Because we had a staduim to repay off all the other club never simples.

You go on like we had money with no debt in the last 7 years at leas add that in your agrument instead of being so one sided is tedious tbh.

Utd does not have debt :doh:

LDG

Also, Utd's figures are massively skewed by one transfer. Ronaldo for 80 million. Great business....probably the best bit of business ever, but at the same time....it does mean that they have spent (relatively) as much as spuds etc, but for one transfer.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/gazidis-we-have-sufficient-funds-to-invest

There is money available, we have chosen not to spend it. Moreover, even with the little that we have spent, it could have been used to sign better players. For example, instead of Gervinho, Squillaci, Park, Chamakh we could have got in Cisse, Cabaye, Parker. Spending money on the later three instead of the former 4 wouldn't have cost the earth.

Easy to say in hindsight but had we signed those players inthe summer i doubt most gooners would have been happy.

yes there are better players out their and AW made mistakes not signing them, but i don't think we have mega amount of money you go on about.

Articles like that don't tell us anything other what the fans want to here, we'd never know the truth about Arsenal's finaces we never have and never will. even our deals are undisclosed.

Joker
26-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Wenger in 2010:

http://justarsenal.com/wenger-we-can-spend-some-money-to-overtake-chelsea/3702

“I think we can overcome Chelsea,” Wenger said. “For a while we were not investing maybe because we had built the stadium but I think our financial situation is now becoming much stronger and we will be capable to buy the players we need to buy.”

“No we cannot compete on wages with Chelsea. That is simple. I believe what is not normal is not our wage bill but their wage bill because that should not be allowed.

“However they cannot all go to Chelsea, it is as simple as that. There are top players outside of the ones Chelsea want to buy who are good enough for us.”

He was right that there were players not on Chelsea and Citeh's radar who would have improved us immensely. Instead he went with Chamakh, Gervinho and Squillaci.

Olivier's xmas twist
Yes, we can. Why cant we!? We got 25 million quid for Nasri and Adebayor. Between 30-40 million for Cesc. Of course we can spend 30 million quid at players. Something Utd can do. IMO, everything Utd can do monetarily on a player, we can do match at least 70% of that.

Yes we got that money it does not mean it was Given to the manager to spend it does not mean it was not give to him.

My point its we will never truly know if we had money or not so to say it like you know because of Articles proves nothing.

Xhaka Can’t

PULL THE TRIGGER NOW!!!!!

DO IT!!!

fakeyank
Add 25million per season on satdium repayments each year for four years, and see what figure that takes us up to. Oh yeah. About the same as Utd.

And we're still third.

And that extra 25 million quid comes from revenue generated from CL football, merchandise sale, home games etc. Utd has debt payments too.. please do not forget that!

LDG
26-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Wenger in 2010:

He was right that there were players not on Chelsea and Citeh's radar who would have improved us immensely. Instead he went with Chamakh, Gervinho and Squillaci.

We're 7 points in front of them :shrug: He was right.

Letters
26-04-2012, 04:18 PM
What is this resources that thing you talk about? Utd and Barca pretty much have the same resources as us!
Really? Both have a bigger fan base, bigger stadia, bigger income. Neither have a new stadium to pay off. How can you say we have the same resources as them?

You ignored the point about City and Chelsea. By rights we should have far bigger resources than either as we have a bigger fan-base, stadium etc. But they're bank-rolled by billionaires. Not much we can do about that.

How then can you say we have the resources to be top 2 or 3 in world club football? We don't even have the resources to be top 2 or 3 in this country.

I agree with some of your point about the way SAF has adapted. Wenger has taken a different approach, knowing he can't compete with Chelsea and now City in the transfer market he's not tried to and gone for 'project youth'. I don't think it's quite been the unmitigated failure some on here make out. We have, after all, finished top 4 every single year. You ignored the point about whether that's an easy thing to do and that Fergie is the only other manager to do it for a sustained period. Other clubs have spent bit to try and dislodge us and repeatedly failed. And Wenger is a bumbling idiot? Nonsense.

The battered wife thing is balls. We're 3rd! Not mid-table, not on the brink of relegation. He pushes us down a well at the start of every season? The last 2 seasons at Christmas we've been a few points off the top (2 and 4 points respectively). The problem then was a poor end to the season, not the start. You're just making stuff up now as you have with the resources thing.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=Charlie the Gooner;129220]

Utd does not have debt :doh:

Never ever said that.

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Yes we got that money it does not mean it was Given to the manager to spend it does not mean it was not give to him.

My point its we will never truly know if we had money or not so to say it like you know because of Articles proves nothing.

If it was not given to him to spend, then why is he still with us? Which manager who is used to winning would one day want to work with so many constraints? He can resign, you know.. or may be he is too busy lining his pockets.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Wenger in 2010:

Easy said then done.

Joker
We're 7 points in front of them :shrug: He was right.

He also said we actually had money to spend, and that we were no longer as constrained by stadium debt payments as before. So what did he do with this money? A lot of it apparently wasn't spent, and what was spend was wasted on turds like Gervinho and Squillaci.

LDG
And that extra 25 million quid comes from revenue generated from CL football, merchandise sale, home games etc. Utd has debt payments too.. please do not forget that!

Their revenue is far superior to ours. And if you'd read or paid any attention to the real financial analysis that has been posted on here in massive detail, you'd realise why we are so far behind in those stakes, what we are trying to do to close that gap, and how it is not simply down to the very basic "WENGER HAS 50MILLION WARCHEST" theory that most keyboard bashers churn out all the time.

Joker
26-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Easy said then done.

You're right, but if you're meant to be a top manager (as many on this board claim he is) you're supposed to find these players, or at least make a better fist of it than Wenger's done in the last 5 years. Even Alan Pardew as able to find some top players in France, players that Wenger, who is supposed to be an expert on French football, completely missed.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 04:22 PM
If it was not given to him to spend, then why is he still with us? Which manager who is used to winning would one day want to work with so many constraints? He can resign, you know.. or may be he is too busy lining his pockets.

i don't know. But if your so bothred you can ask him.

Xhaka Can’t
26-04-2012, 04:24 PM

Someone who bleeds the red and white of Arsenal?

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 04:26 PM
You're right, but if you're meant to be a top manager (as many on this board claim he is) you're supposed to find these players, or at least make a better fist of it than Wenger's done in the last 5 years.
Even Alan Pardew as able to find some top players in France, players that Wenger, who is supposed to be an expert on French football, completely missed.

Who did Pardew find Ben Arfa.Caybaye more fool you if you think he found them.

Problem is when they were available last season we never needed them.

maybe had they been avaliable last summerwe may have gone from them.

But from someone who think RVP is shite id be happy if Wenger did not take advie from you on what quality is or who he should have gone for.

LDG
26-04-2012, 04:26 PM
He also said we actually had money to spend, and that we were no longer as constrained by stadium debt payments as before. So what did he do with this money? A lot of it apparently wasn't spent, and what was spend was wasted on turds like Gervinho and Squillaci.

He gambles. We all know that. Squid was a gamble. Gervinho is too....though he has another season to prove himself.

He also bought Vermaelen, Koscielny and Sagna when we were crying out for a defence. People poo-poo'd them...and now look. Fuckin EPIC.

It's gambling with smaller funds than the leading pack who can just spunk it all on who they want without worrying about the business....

He's been wring with a lot of things, has Wenger, but I'm not gonna pick over the amounts he's spent. Relatively, he's done alright.

Joker
26-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Who did Pardew find Ben Arfa.Caybaye more fool you if you think he foud them.

Eh he signed him didn't he, and managed to get those players and took a chance on them? I'm not saying he signed them when they were 16 years old and were signed as part of a youth project, but he realised there ability and took a punt. These are exactly the type of players we need, they wouldn't cost a fortune, are at a good age and therefore have enough experience to come into the side immediately.

Marc Overmars
26-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Can't wait until this season is over and done with.

Bring on the Euros.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Eh he signed him didn't he, and managed to get those players and took a chance on them? I'm not saying he signed them when they were 16 years old and were signed as part of a youth project, but he realised there ability and took a punt. These are exactly the type of players we need, they wouldn't cost a fortune, are at a good age and therefore have enough experience to come into the side immediately.

Well obvoulsly but they were well known players before this, they just were sought after by the big clubs simples.

Like i said in hindsight its easy to say we should have signed them but had we did and they turned out poor you'd bethe 1st on here to moan.

Mind you you'd moan if we signed them and they turned out world class.

Joker
26-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Well obvoulsly but they were well known players before this, they just were sought after by the big clubs simples.

Like i said in hindsight its easy to say we should have signed them but had we did and they turned out poor you'd bethe 1st on here to moan.

Mind you you'd moan if we signed them and they turned out world class.

Obviously there's an element of risk whenever you're signing a player, but it's not as if the probability is 50% that they'll turn out good and 50% they won't regardless of the player you sign. Getting signings right demands high quality judgement, and the high number of failures that Wenger has signed recently (I admit there have been exceptions like Koscielny) indicates that, at least in the last 5 years, Wenger has not displayed good footballing judgement and cannot be called a top class manager.

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Someone who bleeds the red and white of Arsenal?

If he bled red and white, he'd quit and let the fans know that not everything is right at the club. He would tell that he tried but due to constraints by the board, he cannot reach the high expectations of the Arsenal fans. He would not be lining his pockets with 6 million quid a year.

Not that he will be poor without that money, mind you..

Xhaka Can’t
26-04-2012, 04:45 PM
If he bled red and white, he'd quit and let the fans know that not everything is right at the club. He would tell that he tried but due to constraints by the board, he cannot reach the high expectations of the Arsenal fans. He would not be lining his pockets with 6 million quid a year.

You are a fucking tool.

If you believe that.

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 04:46 PM
i don't know. But if your so bothred you can ask him.

I am bothered coz its my club.. and I wish I could ask him and probably speak my mind! Not going to happen though, is it?

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 04:47 PM
You are a fucking tool.

:unsure:

You need help.. :console:

Xhaka Can’t
26-04-2012, 04:52 PM
:unsure:

You need help.. :console:

I'm having a shocker since I lost my powers.

The following errors occurred with your submission
You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created.

Dennis Bendtner
26-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Can't wait until this season is over and done with.

Bring on the Euros.

Yep

Cesc won't get in the Spain team either :lol:

What a ****

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm having a shocker since I lost my powers.

Oh damn, didnt notice. Why are you not a mod anymore?

Xhaka Can’t
26-04-2012, 04:57 PM
No reason - just didn't feel like it any more.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Obviously there's an element of risk whenever you're signing a player, but it's not as if the probability is 50% that they'll turn out good and 50% they won't regardless of the player you sign. Getting signings right demands high quality judgement, and the high number of failures that Wenger has signed recently (I admit there have been exceptions like Koscielny) indicates that, at least in the last 5 years, Wenger has not displayed good footballing judgement and cannot be called a top class manager.

Shame the top managers and pros say diffrent, and id think id take their Opions over someone who calls the best player in the league shite even though he proves you wrong every week.

Has Wenger made mistakes yes, he is some bumbling idiot that you say he is no way but believe what makes you happy.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I am bothered coz its my club.. and I wish I could ask him and probably speak my mind! Not going to happen though, is it?

You never know plan a protest and see what happen you might be suprised.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 04:59 PM

Letters
26-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Oh damn, didnt notice. Why are you not a mod anymore?
It's so he can swear at you.
I have to be more restrained.
You ****

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 05:07 PM
You never know plan a protest and see what happen you might be suprised.

I'll rally a couple of Mexicans here in Illinois.. sure its going to make a difference.

Letters
26-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Make a T-shirt tbh.

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 05:08 PM
It's so he can swear at you.
I have to be more restrained.
You ****

You cant swear anyway. A true christian does not curse.

As for GB, thats a very noble reason to drop the mod role.

fakeyank
26-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Make a T-shirt tbh.

http://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-Mexican-tshirt-relax-gringo.jpg

Marc Overmars
26-04-2012, 05:11 PM
You cant swear anyway. A true christian does not curse.

As for GB, thats a very noble reason to drop the mod role.

He was headhunted by Arsenal Mania.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-04-2012, 05:12 PM

That explains the Mania part of it.

Xhaka Can’t
26-04-2012, 05:47 PM

Dennis Bendtner
26-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Guardiola's so embarrassed by his signing that he's leaving Barcelona.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Guardiola's so embarrassed by his signing that he's leaving Barcelona.

Poor Cesc he does not even get to spend a year with his idol.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2012, 05:56 PM

Pardew is undoubtedly a better manager than Wenger. When you compare their track records over the last ten years it's very plain, Wenger has a few titles and cups, has kept the team in Europe forever and from time to time has presided over the most entertaining brand of football on the planet. But when you look at what really counts, who signed Ben Arfa, Wenger has some way to go before he can emulate Pardew.

Joker
26-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Pardew is undoubtedly a better manager than Wenger. When you compare their track records over the last ten years it's very plain, Wenger has a few titles and cups, has kept the team in Europe forever and from time to time has presided over the most entertaining brand of football on the planet. But when you look at what really counts, who signed Ben Arfa, Wenger has some way to go before he can emulate Pardew.

I never said Pardew is a better manager than Wenger, just that if Pardew can get high quality players at affordable prices from France, why couldn't Wenger?

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2012, 06:30 PM
I never said Pardew is a better manager than Wenger, just that if Pardew can get high quality players at affordable prices from France, why couldn't Wenger?

Cause Wenger is shit, worst manager in the history of all leagues anywhere ever. And we haven't even started on his wine drinking habits, he's just shit all around.

Coney
26-04-2012, 06:32 PM

Like Patrick Vieira, Thierry Henry, Robert Pires. Yeah - overpriced tossers.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Cause Wenger is shit, worst manager in the history of all leagues anywhere ever. And we haven't even started on his wine drinking habits, he's just shit all around.

NQ for Mod tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Like Patrick Vieira, Thierry Henry, Robert Pires. Yeah - overpriced tossers.

Yep should have got quality like Klebeson and Djemba, Djemba tbh.

Coney
26-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Yep should have got quality like Klebeson and Djemba, Djemba tbh.

So bad they named him twice.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-04-2012, 07:59 PM
cesc won't be getting a game under a new manager because pep was the one who really wanted him.

the fans weren't particularly keen on buying cesc because they had thiago and tello, so they saw him as a waste of money.

his performances after xmas have been quite poor and some of the fans are already on his back. pep already had enough of him for missing so many chances so dropped him. a new manager won't play him ahead of xavi.

oh dear :haha:

Cripps_orig
26-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Bloody hell this thread took off today

Disloyal ****s must be the topic of the day

AKBapologist
26-04-2012, 08:20 PM

cricketsi
26-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Some have been holding up Newcastle and Alan Pardew as examples of achieving better than Arsene Wenger in the transfer market. Particularly the French market when in fact Pardew has only signed 2 players from France as far as I can make out - Cabaye, who I agree was a good signing and actually thought sounded ideal for us when he signed and Marveaux, who's hardly set the PL alight. Ben Arfa was a Chris Hughton signing, no credit to Pardew there. Demba Ba has been a good signing, but was already displaying it in the PL and before that, Germany. If we had signed him I dare say there would have been at the least a degree of scepticism regarding his previous injury concerns. Papiss Cisse has proven a good signing, signed from Germany, but not for an insignificant fee of £10m. Pardew's other main signings, Santon and Obertan haven't overly impressed.

I don't want to detract from Newcastle, they've made good signings and had a good season, but using them as a transfer market lesson to Arsenal is excessive. Pardew's made 3 good signings, let's not go over the top. I know when arguing people tend to commit to simplistic arguments like Wenger is incompetent, but if you take a step back and look at things rationally things become less black and white.

As for FY stating Wenger's just lining his pockets - what a load of nonsense. If he was a Redknapp type character for whom a significant chunk of his earnings depended upon flogging players at a profit then maybe so, but Wenger's income would be enhanced by more success, as I'm sure he'd receive trophy bonuses and possibly an improved contract. Accusing him of lining his pockets is silly and insulting.

arsenallovefc
27-04-2012, 05:43 AM
I've been shocked at how much play times he's had, and how many goals he's scored. He's actually done quite well for them.

IBK
27-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I love childish bitching about disloyal ex players .

Cesc :pal: - Joins Barcelona just when they've started to falter, for a manager who is now leaving.
Adebayor and Gallas - simply :pal:
Na$ri - I don't care what the press say, Citeh ain't winning anything this season :pal:
Bendtner :pal:

...then there are the old favourites

Hleb http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alex-Hleb-claims-joining-Birmingham-worst-move-ever-made-slams-tactics-of-then-manager-Alex-McLeish-article893074.html :pal:

Flamini - appearances for Milan 2011/12 :pal:

Flavs
27-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Shamini is also out of contract in the summer with no offer from Meelan to renew

Olivier's xmas twist
27-04-2012, 11:56 AM
cesc won't be getting a game under a new manager because pep was the one who really wanted him.

the fans weren't particularly keen on buying cesc because they had thiago and tello, so they saw him as a waste of money.his performances after xmas have been quite poor and some of the fans are already on his back. pep already had enough of him for missing so many chances so dropped him. a new manager won't play him ahead of xavi.

Tbh IMO Barca did not want him as much as they said they did, but as they saw him as theirs they had to take him back. If they had really wanted him they haved payed whatever to get him not haggle over a deal for weeks.

oh dear :haha:

He may improve next season but now pep has gone will he get a chance especially with a new manager going to spend big to get them back on top.

Marc Overmars
27-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Flamini and Hleb. :lol:

Had a brilliant 07/08 and jumped as soon as their names were in lights. Fuckers.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Would we be stupid to look at Thiago?
Seem to remember rag paper talk about us showing an interest, when dreaming up the kind of package deal it would take to get us to hand over Cesc?

Olivier's xmas twist
27-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Would we be stupid to look at Thiago?Seem to remember rag paper talk about us showing an interest, when dreaming up the kind of package deal it would take to get us to hand over Cesc?

No, he is their best talent imo should have got him in the cesc deal though. still id take him now.

Marc Overmars
27-04-2012, 12:02 PM
No chance of getting Thiago. He's their new Xavi for the next 10 years.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Cesc. :lol:

What a palooka.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-04-2012, 12:05 PM
No chance of getting Thiago. He's their new Xavi for the next 10 years.

No use recalling the scouts from their combing of the Isthmian League then???