PDA

View Full Version : Boris or Ken

Letters
26-04-2012, 09:15 AM
If you're a Londoner who will you be voting for in the Mayoral elections?

I used to hate the idea of Boris being Mayor but I quite like him now (well, I always liked him but now I quite like that he's Mayor too)

GP
26-04-2012, 09:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOivzoRc0I8

tbh

Xhaka Can’t
26-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Boris is an unbelievably shit mayor focussed on narrow issues that aren't really in the interest of the vast majority of londoners. Time and time again he has been obstructive when people seek transparency over his actions and operations for which he is responsible.

A joke of a mayor but effective in looking after vested interests to the detriment of the people he represents.

And Ken is as loony as a fruitcake.

Coney
26-04-2012, 10:42 AM
I'd comment but I'm not a Londoner and I'd hate to break the rules.

Letters
26-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I'd comment but I'm not a Londoner and I'd hate to break the rules.
You're still allowed to comment, just not vote.

Coney
26-04-2012, 10:53 AM
You're still allowed to comment, just not vote.

Fascist

MissHandbag
26-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Boris is a Wally and Ken is the frog faced fuck who got rid of 2 of the best things about London: Routemasters and pigeons in Trafalgar Square - Ribbit!

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Ken, Paddick, Letters anyone but Boris really.

Coney
26-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Ken is a good bloke who got rid of the filthy lice-ridden scrawny pigeons in Trafalgar square. Wish they did the same in St Mark's Square in Venice.

The pigeons I see where I live are country pigeons with beautiful plumage - I didn't realised they could look like that - and now, when I see the pigeons in London, I understand what vermin they are.

MissHandbag
26-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Ken is a good bloke who got rid of the filthy lice-ridden scrawny pigeons in Trafalgar square. Wish they did the same in St Mark's Square in Venice.

The pigeons I see where I live are country pigeons with beautiful plumage - I didn't realised they could look like that - and now, when I see the pigeons in London, I understand what vermin they are.

Well I'm so sorry that tourists were not able to experience your beautiful pigeons, only our chavvy, scruffy pigeons (who I might add helped send so many messages during the wartime - and then attracted people from all over the world). Anybody who believes pigeons are vermin did not get an A in biology.

And Ken is a Dick with a frogs head.

Letters
26-04-2012, 12:45 PM
pigeons :bow:

Coney
26-04-2012, 12:47 PM
I like Ken. Boris is a twat which is funny on Have I Got News but I guess you have to decide if you want the village idiot for London Mayor. Mind you, we have a village idiot for Chancellor so it does happen.

Coney
26-04-2012, 12:48 PM
pigeons :bow:

A nice plump country pigeon roasted with a dark red fruit sauce and a glass of Merlot, ftw. :good:

Letters
26-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Boris :bow:

Wiff waff :bow:

:dance:

MissHandbag
26-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I used to support Ken Livingstone years ago - Don't know what happened to him along the line.

Won't be voting for either of them

Letters
26-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Wasted votes :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-04-2012, 12:55 PM
They're two abysmal candidates really.

Then again I have pretty much no interest in it as it doesn't affect me in any way, so good luck.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 01:02 PM
And Ken is a Dick with a frogs head.

Thats just no way for a lady to speak. but anyways :haha:

Letters
26-04-2012, 01:04 PM
They're two abysmal candidates really.

Then again I have pretty much no interest in it as it doesn't affect me in any way, so good luck.
I'm not sure how much it really affects anyone tbh.

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure how much it really affects anyone tbh.
True.

Does anyone, especially in London, even care about it?

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Voted Ken, Hate those Tory Scum.

Letters
26-04-2012, 01:15 PM
I don't think anyone cares about it much. I didn't want Boris but London hasn't been reduced to a smoking crater with him in charge and he's entertaining enough so yeah, I'll vote for him. It's not like Ken is going to make any difference. Neither of them will so might as well vote for someone who will be fun during the Olympics :d

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't think anyone cares about it much. I didn't want Boris but London hasn't been reduced to a smoking crater with him in charge and he's entertaining enough so yeah, I'll vote for him. It's not like Ken is going to make any difference. Neither of them will so might as well vote for someone who will be fun during the Olympics :d

ACH :bow:

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Both are scum. But any other realistic candidate would be scum too or else they wouldn't stand a chance of getting the freebie, perk infested gig. Any decent mayor would cut out the cancerous filth of the City of London (the independent and alien part in the centre) and push it into the Atlantic Ocean. Haven't seen that once on any manifesto. They can't even get the obvious stuff right, twats.

Grebbo
26-04-2012, 02:36 PM

tbh

How could anyone not vote for that?!

Joker
26-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Boris is unashamedly only interested in the interests of the investment bankers and financial professionals in the City of London. He will only be serving a very small percentage of London's population, which is why it has to be Ken (although he's not without faults either)

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Boris is unashamedly only interested in the interests of the investment bankers and financial professionals in the City of London. He will only be serving a very small percentage of London's population, which is why it has to be Ken (although he's not without faults either)

One of his biggest faults being he's a two-faced, self serving piece of shit. Luckily that's not the sort of thing that bothers voters or else nobody would ever have been elected.

Coney
26-04-2012, 06:19 PM
How could anyone not vote for that?!

Easy - they just have to think with more than one brain cell. :good:

Coney
26-04-2012, 06:20 PM
One of his biggest faults being he's a two-faced, self serving piece of shit. Luckily that's not the sort of thing that bothers voters or else nobody would ever have been elected.

Well, having met Ken and chatted with him for an hour or so, he strikes me as a good bloke.

Xhaka Can’t
26-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Well, having met Ken and chatted with him for an hour or so, he strikes me.

I can safely say, we've all felt like doing that.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Well, having met Ken and chatted with him for an hour or so, he strikes me as a good bloke.

Yeah, I chatted with Ken Clarke once and he pretended to be a good bloke too. Still didn't stop me calling him a ****. Still didn't stop me telling him the truth. Ken loves Ken, always has, always will. Ken's biggest motivation is Ken. That's why he's in "public service", best place to be when you're a self-obsessed ****.

Cripps_orig
26-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Dont care

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Dont care

You should because Boris will send you packing back to Bangladesh if he gets another term.

Coney
26-04-2012, 06:44 PM
You should because Boris will send you packing back to Bangladesh if he gets another term.

Bengalies :pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
26-04-2012, 06:49 PM

:lol:

Xhaka Can’t
03-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Voted - the main priority being to get Brian Coleman out of the Assembly

Cripps_orig
03-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Voted Labour

Fuck knows which one is Labour

WMUG
03-05-2012, 08:46 PM
First time voting, went Green across the board, put Ken second basically meaning I voted for Ken.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Mayor elections results should come through friday evening.

the easter bunnie
04-05-2012, 05:53 AM
i votedfor the nice lady with the curly hair. I had to do it by postal vote because I am not allowed to have sharp objects inmy hand unsupervised. When I went to Venice we didn't go to the big square because Mummy says the filty rob dogs will nick your your camera. so we stayed on the cruise ship and I counted all the green cars I could count in the car park at Pizza Roma

WMUG
04-05-2012, 06:31 AM
i votedfor the nice lady with the curly hair. I had to do it by postal vote because I am not allowed to have sharp objects inmy hand unsupervised. When I went to Venice we didn't go to the big square because Mummy says the filty rob dogs will nick your your camera. so we stayed on the cruise ship and I counted all the green cars I could count in the car park at Pizza RomaPretty much my life story right there :rolleyes:

Coney
04-05-2012, 07:59 AM
i votedfor the nice lady with the curly hair. I had to do it by postal vote because I am not allowed to have sharp objects inmy hand unsupervised. When I went to Venice we didn't go to the big square because Mummy says the filty rob dogs will nick your your camera. so we stayed on the cruise ship and I counted all the green cars I could count in the car park at Pizza Roma

Coney
04-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Deputy PM Nick Clegg says he is 'really sad that so many' of his Lib Dem councillors lost their seats

It is because you sided with the common enemy, you ****.

Clegg :pal:

Letters
04-05-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't think a coalition with Labour would have made a majority, would it?
So it was either start again and have another election, form a coalition with Labour and try and form a minority government which wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes or get into bed with the Tories and try and have some influence.
I don't think there was anything wrong in principle with the option he chose, the problem is they don't seem to have any influence at all. They got a half-arsed referenum on voting reform which the Tories knew was never going to get through anyway, did a massive U-turn on student fees and just generally the perception is that we basically have a Tory government and the Lib Dems have completely sold out. Shame really. Under PR I'd vote for them but in my area under the current system I can't see the point.

Flavs
04-05-2012, 10:10 AM

tbh

Yeah ok, vote for that guy

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-05-2012, 10:22 AM
It's looking as if Boris will beat Ken, and Brian Paddick is going to get obliterated :lol:

Coney
04-05-2012, 10:34 AM
So it was either start again and have another election, form a coalition with Labour and try and form a minority government which wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes or get into bed with the Tories and try and have some influence.
I don't think there was anything wrong in principle with the option he chose, the problem is they don't seem to have any influence at all. They got a half-arsed referenum on voting reform which the Tories knew was never going to get through anyway, did a massive U-turn on student fees and just generally the perception is that we basically have a Tory government and the Lib Dems have completely sold out. Shame really. Under PR I'd vote for them but in my area under the current system I can't see the point.

Minority if just with Labour, but only to be defeated when the Tories AND all the national parties and others got together. So workable if the nationalists thought it would be in their interest. Since Labour set up the Welsh Assembly and Scottish Parliament against the wishes of the Tories, I'd think they could come to some agreement without too much hassle.

I think if Brown had pissed off earlier, then a deal might have been done. Clegg was too anxious to get into some sort of power.

The fact is that Libs and Lab, being both centre/left parties, have a lot in common and are a logical coalition.

What the Libs could have done was to not form a formal coalition with the Tories but agreed to not bring them down if they didn't go too far - they could then have had much more sway stopping the Tories from their hatchet work because they would have had no obligation to give in so much on the budget.

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-05-2012, 10:57 AM
The grassroots of the Lib Dems lean to the left, but the current leadership could quite easily be absorbed into the Tory party and nobody would notice.

They were the vote of activists, students, protest-votes, with a strong base in the south west. Any gains in the major northern cities over the last 10 years have pretty much been wiped out now they've become completely toxic.

And it might get even worse for them if the Tories, to save their own skin, lurch even further to the right.

Chrissie
04-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Apparently the count at Ally Pally has been held up due to a power cut. No one told the contractors working on the building that there was a count today :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
04-05-2012, 11:14 AM

Nah Cleggs a tory at heart always has been tbh. Best thing he can do is change to tory and give LD their repspect back well what they had anyway.

Coney
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Apparently the count at Ally Pally has been held up due to a power cut. No one told the contractors working on the building that there was a c*unt today :lol:

Boris turned up there?

Coney
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Nah Cleggs a tory at heart always has been tbh. Best thing he can do is change to tory and give LD their repspect back well what they had anyway.

They're all toffs at the top. :good:

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2012, 11:47 AM

What are you trying to say, that Clegg is more politically naive than you are? If you want to understand politics you look at history, not manifestos. It's all there. What I laughed about most during the last "election" was the fact most of the British people simply couldn't comprehend a political environment without a clear power majority. Anyone who seriously thinks a majority is required to keep the agenda on track is deluding themselves. The Tories have been in power since 1979, don't get distracted by the blue, red and downright yellow. Two main objectives in politics, self perpetuation and service to a higher authority (and that ain't the people just in case you were wondering).

You want change then you need to wake up. In fact as a decent person it is your duty to wake up. All sorts of bad shit can happen when good men stand by and do nothing.

Anyway, how did that "we're in it together", thing work out? Last I heard Ken and Boris were taking buckets of water from the bath to fill the loo - I don't think.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2012, 11:48 AM

It was a selfless act in service of the nation - honest!

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-05-2012, 12:12 PM
It was a selfless act in service of the nation - honest!
Well he's making them unelectable for the next decade so maybe he is after all.

Agent Clegg.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Well he's making them unelectable for the next decade so maybe he is after all.

Agent Clegg.

He'd kill himself if he was genuinely a decent public servant.

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-05-2012, 12:26 PM
He'd kill himself if he was genuinely a decent public servant.
You say that as if it'd be a bad thing.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Adam Bolton what a ****, don't you just wish someone would just smash his face in and Eric Pickles too. Fat bastards.

Coney
04-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Adam Bolton what a ****, don't you just wish someone would just smash his face in and Eric Pickles too. Fat bastards.

Pickles. What a total ****. A perfect example of why all Tories and their supporters should be linedup against a wall.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Pickles. What a total ****. A perfect example of why all Tories and their supporters should be linedup against a wall.

Pretty much.

Letters
04-05-2012, 01:29 PM
You want change then you need to wake up. In fact as a decent person it is your duty to wake up. All sorts of bad shit can happen when good men stand by and do nothing.
And what are you doing?
And what change has it brought about?

Letters
04-05-2012, 01:47 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/greggdd69/15-orangutans-that-look-like-london-mayor-boris-jo-5v0w

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2012, 04:52 PM
And what are you doing?
And what change has it brought about?

I'm not the one parroting conventional "wisdom", not that you're the only one who does that - most do and that's why we're fucked. What am I doing? I'm talking to you right now. I can do fuck all on my own, or very little at least. People wake up though and take advantage of the massive strength we have in numbers and that all changes. Instead we vote.

Xhaka Can’t
04-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Voted - the main priority being to get Brian Coleman out of the Assembly

Coleman got his ass handed to him on a plate - now I hope he dies. (a political death)

Olivier's xmas twist
04-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Coleman got his ass handed to him on a plate - now I hope he dies.

Such a sore loser lol, He just slinked off back home.

Letters
04-05-2012, 10:58 PM
It's Boris then.

Letters
04-05-2012, 11:01 PM
roffle. Boris did the "May the 4th be with you" joke in his speech.
Good ole' Boris

Olivier's xmas twist
04-05-2012, 11:02 PM
It's Boris then.

Yeah no real Suprise tbh, It was close though, thank feck its his last term.

Ken's Polictical Career :rose: Thats Ken done for me. time to retire fella. nit sure why he ran in the 1st place tbh.

Letters
04-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Ken's indicated it will be his last election.
Boris got just over a million votes in a city of 8 million people and that was enough.
Tells you something about the apathy surrounding this election.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Ken's indicated it will be his last election.
Boris got just over a million votes in a city of 8 million people and that was enough.
Tells you something about the apathy surrounding this election.

Yep tell us people don't care enough to vote maybe its because they did not see this election as imporatant or they are just fed up of the big party's.

Cameron should not see this as an achievement of the the people choose his party. Same as Miliband with the other results they need to get people interested in voting again not just worry about their own agenda's.

As for Ken he had to call it a day tbh, not much more he could do.

Labour would not have picked him in 4 years they should not have picked him now.

And this is why Boris one, Voters hated Ken and Most felt Boris had the Personality. Nout to do with people voting for Tory in london as Cameron will say.

Letters
05-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Yep tell us people don't care enough to vote maybe its because they did not see this election as imporatant or they are just fed up of the big party's.
Bit of both I reckon.

And yeah, people vote in an X-Factor way these days, all about the personality.

Niall_Quinn
05-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Bit of both I reckon.

TV has done its job then, produced the sort of thicks that are ideal for a democracy. When you think about it democracy couldn't really work with an intelligent citizenry. Too many people would be able to count.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Bit of both I reckon.

Yep its all about that. Which is why people thought Clegg could have been a good PM the people seemed to like him before the last election and they saw what he was all about.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Sarkozy loses in France, new President elected.

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Look like the Greeks have gone mental as well, with the two mainstream parties being decimated.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Politics :bow:

Gubby Allen
06-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Ken. But labour should've still put someone else up. They'd have probably won with him (or her) (but probably him).

Cripps_orig
06-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Sarkozy loses in France, new President elected.Who the fuck is that Sarkozy dude?

When did Chirac lose it?

Gubby Allen
06-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Sarkozy loses in France, new President elected.

How does it work in France? Don't they have a prime minister too or am I mistaken, it is similar to the Russian system?

Does this new guy come with his own cabinet and appoint a new PM?

Olivier's xmas twist
06-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Who the fuck is that Sarkozy dude?

When did Chirac lose it?

Ken. But labour should've still put someone else up. They'd have probably won with him (or her) (but probably him).

Yep people voted against ken rather then for Boris.

How does it work in France? Don't they have a prime minister too or am I mistaken, it is similar to the Russian system?

Does this new guy come with his own cabinet and appoint a new PM?

They do have a PM too not sure how that all works though.

Cripps_orig
06-05-2012, 11:22 PM
2007.:lol:

Didnt have you down in being interested in boring ass shite like politics

Lost a bit of respect for you now

Olivier's xmas twist
07-05-2012, 11:48 AM

Didnt have you down in being interested in boring ass shite like politics

Lost a bit of respect for you now

Its ok, one day when you grow up you sooon see that their is more important things in life then football and sport.

Coney
07-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Look like the Greeks have gone mental as well, with the two mainstream parties being decimated.

No. They lost more than 10%. :good:

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Its ok, one day when you grow up you sooon see that their is more important things in life then football and sport.

What kind of crazy talk is that? Would you seriously put a pantomime like politics over footie and formula 1? At least there are slightly different outcomes in sport to make it interesting.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-05-2012, 03:25 PM
What kind of crazy talk is that? Would you seriously put a pantomime like politics over footie and formula 1? At least there are slightly different outcomes in sport to make it interesting.

Yes, I mean Its good to know who the leader of your country and those around you are. what happens in politics affects our lives, I.e. Shit leader pm = no idear of what he is doing = the country being messed up = none of us having money = no money fora ticket to watch Arsenal or F1 then i won't be able to know the outcomes.

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Shit leader pm = no idear of what he is doing

Just take that for granted and watch the footie.