PDA

View Full Version : A Goon in Barca land...

Sean Goonery
27-04-2012, 06:22 PM
So in about three months I'll be moving to Barcelona for the year to work on my thesis (I'm a graduate student at UNC-Chapel Hill go Heels!). Anyone here ever been to Barca? I hear it's a festive kind of town. Any suggestions on what to do while I'm there?

Side note: I'm planing on wearing my Henry jersey so I have it on when I land

Injury Time
27-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Yes.
See Barca play
Hang around la ramblas
Gaudi museum, park , cathedral
Go clubbing....lots
Drink/dip hot chocolate
Pop out of town to Dali museum
Go clubbing lots
tapas bars
Go clubbing lots
Drink lots of cava

Did I mention clubbing those Barca lot are fickin nuts :lol:

Marc Overmars
27-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Barca used to hold open training sessions (not sure if they still do?), so it's worth going to watch them. My parents went and got some awesome close up snaps of the team.

Very studenty city from what I hear.

I'd love to go at some point.

Sean Goonery
27-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Wholy shite...that sounds like a good time. I better do my thesis before I leave for Barca. How would you rate Catalan women?

Cripps_orig
27-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Lovely place

Olivier's xmas twist
27-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Lovely place

Really is went with my college 10 years ago for 4 days. It was proper mint tbh.

There is lots of things to do, Musuems/Shops/Nightclubs and obviously you got to watch Barca play. My only regret that.

Cripps_orig
27-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I guess watching Barca play is the main thing that has to be done when in Barcelona

I dont do the clubbing etc. Not my scene

Xhaka Can’t
27-04-2012, 06:56 PM
I've been to Barcelona many times - it is an incredibly vibrant city. The list of things to do is pretty much limitless.

It is the only time I've been out on the town, looked at my watch and said, 'holy fuck, its 7:45, we'd better get back to the hotel!'

Which we did, collected our beach gear and spent the rest of the day sleeping on the beach in glorious sunshine.

Btw both fakeyank and I got robbed while there, so keep you eyes on your valuables!

GP
27-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Dunno, never been to France.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Watch Espanyol!

Laugh at Cesc.

Xhaka Can’t
27-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Watch Espanyol!

Laugh at Cesc.

That's what I did.

Barca beat them 4-1 with Gio scoring for them while still on our books.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-04-2012, 08:07 PM
:lol:

Poor old Balague. Espanyol weren't too good that season.

Flavs
30-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Watch Espanyol!

Laugh at Cesc.
Yeah I did that as well, a thrilling 0-0 with Real So'syourdad

fakeyank
30-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Ramblas is nice but be careful not to go too far south or like GB said, you will be robbed.

Btw, you live in NC!?! I worked at BCBSNC for 6 months on a project. I used to hang out at top of the hill a lot. My roommate at that time loved Carborro but I felt it was too much of a hippy scene for my liking! Shooters near Duke campus was fun.. lots of slutty women! ##

Welcome to GW btw! :tiphat: