Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18

Letters
24-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Muppets Christmas Carol.

Muppets :bow:

Power n Glory
24-12-2015, 05:12 PM
The Empre Strikes Back 6/10

Rating may even be a bit lower. These rewatches aren't really panning out as expected, this was even more laughable than the first one in places. If you put on your 'ten and under' head then it's a fun, harmless film to watch but beyond that there is so much of it that hasn't fared well. This sequel has not plot at all, just everyone on the run from Vadar and I can't help but laugh out loud almost every time James Earl Jones over-performs his dialogue. And that outfit looks pretty daft now too, particularly the helmet. Empire is just mostly a series of set-ups to show off the budget, be it the sets or special effects and the whole thing borders on being pretty kitsch a lot of the time.

You might be right. Watched both Star Wars and Empire but can see how you came to that conclusion. Quite boring and dated if I'm being honest. Maybe I was in the wrong mood. Gonna watch Jedi and then the prequels soon. I don't think the prequels are that bad.

Letters
24-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Episode IV starts quite slow but gets good at the end.
Episode I is that bad, II and III aren't too awful.

GP
24-12-2015, 05:34 PM
II is the worst of the lot.

Power n Glory
24-12-2015, 06:15 PM
I keep hearing people say that. Episode I is the worst for me. II you start seeing the flaws in Anakin and early signs of the Empire emerging. You see Yoda and Mace Windu in action. Boba Fett...I'll rewatch them. The best thing about I is that final Duel with Darth Maul. One of the best lightsabre fights and probably contender for the best.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Watched the new one today in a mostly empty cinema, which was nice.

Solid 8/10 I thought. I liked that the blasters had so much umph as well. Actually that adds .5

8.5/10

GP
24-12-2015, 06:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi5jjXTPtyY

Enough said.

Letters
24-12-2015, 07:55 PM
I keep hearing people say that. Episode I is the worst for me. II you start seeing the flaws in Anakin and early signs of the Empire emerging. You see Yoda and Mace Windu in action. Boba Fett...I'll rewatch them. The best thing about I is that final Duel with Darth Maul. One of the best lightsabre fights and probably contender for the best.

3 words.

Jar Jar Binks

Kano
24-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Creed is very dull. A boxing film for teenagers mostly. Does all the usual stuff, big ending against British boxer who looks tiny in comparison. And you get Everton songs at Goodison Park in the big fight. 5/10

Kano
28-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Return of The Jedi: 6/10

Nope, doesn't get much better than Empire. The first one is still the best of the original trilogy, even though that has lost a lot of appeal. Jedi is just Jim Henson featuring some sci-fi stuff. And the face of Vader doesn't fit the dramatics of JEJ's voice at all. I have a funny feeling I'm going to like the modern trilogy more than this lot.

Southpaw: 7/10

Still really like this despite the cornball storyline. Mostly down to Gyllenhaal who makes the boxer completely believable and adds to him being one of the best male leads around at the moment.

Niall_Quinn
28-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Bridge of Spies. Keeps you engaged, just swallow back the pro-US, anti-them vomit and take it as a fairly intriguing yarn with good attention to detail in terms of sets and scenes and a non-spectacular but acceptable performance from Hanks. Undoubtedly hammed up for the screen but still a bit of historical effort in there.

Ernesto
28-12-2015, 06:12 PM
The new Star Wars is shit.

Unnecessary re-hash.

Kano
02-01-2016, 11:21 PM
Watched the first Rocky again off the back of Creed - still an absolute classic. The most interesting thing to reflect on is just how little boxing there is in the first film. All about character building and developing his relationship with Adrian - even the last scene shuns the fight decision in favour of their reconciliation.

Kano
02-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Oh yes and Anomalisa :bow:

GP
04-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Star Wars :bow:

It's very good. Everything the prequels should have been. The tone and pacing are spot on. Didn't stop grinning like a loon throughout.

It's all set up very nicely for VIII and IX.

Xhaka Can’t
04-01-2016, 08:56 PM
I saw Star Wars at the Science Museum IMAX with my family before Christmas and in 3D with my son in Huddersfield on Christmas week.

Yeah, I liked it.

I also saw Daddy's Home with my son and his best mate - a bit slow in places, but some genuine belly laughs that had me in pain.

Maestro
04-01-2016, 10:06 PM
watching Enemy At The Gates, for the umpteenth time, can never get enough of this flick

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2016, 02:05 AM
Spotlight - if you give it a chance, engrossing, horrifying, brilliant. The demonic underpinning of religion systematically exposed. 6% ruthlessly evil, but the important 6%

Letters
08-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Star Wars :bow:

It's very good. Everything the prequels should have been. The tone and pacing are spot on. Didn't stop grinning like a loon throughout.

It's all set up very nicely for VIII and IX.

:gp:

Finally seen it. Very good. Manages to keep the same feel as the originals in exactly the same way that the prequels don't.
Looking forward to VIII although it won't be the same without Han Solo. He was my favourite :(

Kano
09-01-2016, 01:37 AM
Spotlight - if you give it a chance, engrossing, horrifying, brilliant. The demonic underpinning of religion systematically exposed. 6% ruthlessly evil, but the important 6%

Agree with that. Takes its time to get into the thick of things but a nicely paced procedural on the subject. Not exactly All The Presidents Men and it could've done without that sappy piano score popping up so much but solid and well worth a watch - 7/10.

Globalgunner
09-01-2016, 05:22 AM

Unnecessary re-hash.

Agreed. Whats all that crap about finding Luke anyway. No need to kill Solo either. Only good line in the film is where the girl accuses the Sith warrior of being an ugly beast. who then reveals himself to be an Armani model. Expected much more TBH

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2016, 11:49 AM

Unnecessary re-hash.

Not unnecessary in terms of the greedy, cynical fucks who have rebooted this for a new generation, destroying a legacy in the process. Looks like they are going to fill their cash barrows with a world record take. And they still have at least 2 more films they can shamelessly plagiarise. Can't wait for "Star Wars VIII - The African American Lesbian Physically Challenged Feminista Strikes Back"

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Hateful Eight - Whatever else, Tarantino has a unique style. Didn't know this was one of his when I started watching. Kept thinking, wow, this is really different, really well done. Then the OTT violence started ramping up and I though, wait a sec - this is just like...

A film in two parts. First half is excellent is many, many ways. Second half is "what the fuck just happened there?"

Without giving anything away, the scenes with the door were classic Tarantino. First time was WTF but thereafter I pissed myself laughing every time. In a good way.

Keeps you entertained for almost 3 hours and the time passes quickly.

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2016, 12:04 PM
The Revenant - hmmm. Dances with Wolves less attractive but not unattractive sister. Inferior to all the other films it draws on across the board. Predictable for the most part. Was worth watching once but wouldn't watch it again. Based on a true story, in the same way the official account of 911 is based on truth I suspect.

Globalgunner
09-01-2016, 07:32 PM
"Concussion". Good film about American football. Despite Will Smiths unconvincing African accent.
Great story. Sad, if true.

Xhaka Can’t
09-01-2016, 08:34 PM
"Concussion". Good film about American football. Despite Will Smiths unconvincing African accent.
Great story. Sad, if true.

Sadly it is true.

Will Smith's African accent is genuinely unconvincing.

Kano
09-01-2016, 10:12 PM
The Revenant is good, way too long but have to give it to the director who has essentially made a European art house action film for Hollywood. DiCaprio still trying his best to get an Oscar but can't see it happening off the back of this. Hardy is good as always but his accent (as always) is all over the shop. Beautifully shot and will look great on the big screen - 7/10

Globalgunner
10-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Just back from watching "The Last Witchslayer" Vin Diesel in a Blade makeover with Witches instead of Vampires. Good action flick, Vinnie can actually act and now hes got me hankering after an Aston Martin Rapide...Now where do the kids keep their piggy banks?

Marc Overmars
14-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Alan Rickman has died. :(

RIP.

GP
14-01-2016, 12:55 PM
ffs

Kano
14-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Great actor :rose:

What a shitty start to the year.

Marc Overmars
14-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Ramsey. :rolleyes:

Letters
14-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Oh come ON! Rickman and Bowie in the same week?!
Give it a rest, God <_<

Globalgunner
14-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Really really gonna miss that man. A baddie who didnt even have to lift a finger to make you cower with fear. Die Hard. " I will have you know madam, that I am a most exceptional thief". RIP

Xhaka Can’t
14-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Oh come ON! Rickman and Bowie in the same week?!
Give it a rest, God Ramsey <_<

FYP

RIP again Severus

IBK
14-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Alan Rickman has died. :(

RIP.

Shite. Sad news!

Ernesto
14-01-2016, 07:13 PM
"SHOOT the glass!"

GP
15-01-2016, 02:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQy-ANhnUpE&feature=youtu.be

Marc Overmars
15-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Looking forward to that. Thought Cloverfield was pretty good.

Letters
15-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Only criticism of Cloverfield is the party scene at the start is a bit too long but once it gets going it's awlsome.

Ernesto
16-01-2016, 12:47 PM
See, i thought thé party scène almost "makes" thé film. A bunch of hormonal bed-hopping twenty-somethings at a bon voyage party. It got my attention anyway!

Nowadays movies start too slow. (Don't get me started on Hateful Eight)

Kano
16-01-2016, 02:11 PM
The Martian 7/10 - much better than I thought it would be. Damon puts in a solid Milner performance as always but the film is way too bloody long. At least it didn't add in a sob story about a wife and kids on earth. And Ejiofor steals the show.

Marc Overmars
20-01-2016, 11:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRih_VtVAs

:popcorn:

Really looking forward to this and Batman vs Superman. DC are stepping up their game, even Wonder Woman looks like it could be cool.

Letters
20-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Meh. Just a load of cookie cutter movies, to me. It's not that they're not good, but I've seen a couple and enjoyed them, not sure I need to keep seeing them over and over again.

GP
20-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Meh. Outside of Nolan's Batman DC have got nothing. Man of Steel was terrible and Affleck as Batman won't be any better.

And Jared Leto is trying FAR too hard to be Heath Ledger.

Niall_Quinn
21-01-2016, 01:01 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a+long+time+ago+in+a+galaxy+far%2C+far+aw ay

Letters
24-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Cinderella (Live action version)

Meh. Fine. MrsL made me watch it. It was OK I guess.

Kano
24-01-2016, 11:32 PM
The Big Short. What a pile of shit. A bunch of smug actors teach us simpletons what really happened back in 2008. All very righteous. Except the Governments are not implicated at all. The ones who regulated the markets and allowed the banks and traders to skull fuck the world are let off the hook. At least Hollywood can feel better about itself now I guess.

Xhaka Can’t
24-01-2016, 11:35 PM
I blame the immigrants.

Kano
24-01-2016, 11:43 PM
That's the name of the sequel, where a giant immigrant attacks the city only to be saved by Trump, who has to sacrifice the last strand of hair on his head to create the antidote that kills all the non-whites in the world.

Niall_Quinn
24-01-2016, 11:52 PM
The Big Short. What a pile of shit. A bunch of smug actors teach us simpletons what really happened back in 2008. All very righteous. Except the Governments are not implicated at all. The ones who regulated the markets and allowed the banks and traders to skull fuck the world are let off the hook. At least Hollywood can feel better about itself now I guess.

This film is being mentioned in political debates and even by the political diseased cunts candidates as a resource for understanding how the 2008 (in fact 2007, they can't even get that right) staged crisis unfolded. Most Americans will buy it. Once again Hollywood rids us of that meddlesome history.

Thierrymon
25-01-2016, 02:29 AM
Anyone seen the Hateful Eight yet? Thoughts?

Letters
25-01-2016, 07:29 AM
I blame the immigrants.

:gp:

They come over here not being able to score goals against Chelsea

:sulk:

Niall_Quinn
25-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Anyone seen the Hateful Eight yet? Thoughts?

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14&p=492117&viewfull=1#post492117

Kano
25-01-2016, 11:05 PM
A War 8/10 - If anyone has seen A Hijacking (released before Captain Phillips and a better film from Denmark) or The Hunt will know the director of this. Morally complex film about decisions made on the battlefield and their consequences back home. Part war film, part courtroom drama, definitely one to seek out. Still in cinemas I think and up for an Oscar.

GP
25-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Keith Lemon Movie.

10/10

Letters
26-01-2016, 07:17 AM
Keith Lemon Movie.

0/10
Corrected your typo

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Watched Dallas Buyers Club, very good performances from Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto and perfectly good film.

Coney
26-01-2016, 10:40 PM
The Martian 7/10 - much better than I thought it would be. Damon puts in a solid Milner performance as always but the film is way too bloody long. At least it didn't add in a sob story about a wife and kids on earth. And Ejiofor steals the show.

Good movie. Not too long, I thought - agree it was nice not to have slushy sentimental crap the Americans usually add.

I read the book before the film - I like the writing style and it was a good read. I managed to ignore the major error in the movie (and that is NOT anything to do with the film orientation!)

Letters
26-01-2016, 10:42 PM
:lol: What was the error in the film? I liked it too.

Coney
26-01-2016, 10:48 PM
:lol: What was the error in the film? I liked it too.

There are indeed high speed winds on Mars but the atmosphere is so thin it would not have much effect - would not even move a flag much at all. Andy Weir (the author of the book) admitted it was not really correct but he said he only did it because he needed something to set off the important part of the scenario - an astronaut left stranded on Mars - which I guess is fair enough.* The rest is reasonable. Except the glove :lol:

* Before anyone complains, this is not a spoiler as it is just the start point of the movie and mentioned in all the trailers and adverts.

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2016, 11:40 PM
There are indeed high speed winds on Mars but the atmosphere is so thin it would not have much effect - would not even move a flag much at all. Andy Weir (the author of the book) admitted it was not really correct but he said he only did it because he needed something to set off the important part of the scenario - an astronaut left stranded on Mars - which I guess is fair enough.* The rest is reasonable. Except the glove :lol:

* Before anyone complains,

Stopped reading here. :angry:

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2016, 12:01 AM

* Before anyone complains, this is not a spoiler as it is just the start point of the movie and mentioned in all the trailers and adverts.

I have a complaint.

Every time they send a probe to Mars they discover that almost everything they think they knew is wrong. I think we place an awful lot of trust in scientists, who for the most part deal in theories rather than facts. These are the guys that think the universe started with a big bang created from nothingness. Obviously they are incompetent and even dangerous in some respects. They are no better than religionists.

GP
27-01-2016, 12:07 AM
I don't believe in the moon. I think it's just the back of the sun.

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2016, 12:07 AM

The moon doesn't care if you don't believe in it. Bet you didn't know that.

GP
27-01-2016, 12:09 AM
WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2016, 12:25 AM
WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

It's easy and comfortable to be stupid. But there are bigger life challenges out there. 80 years tops. Might as well grab one.

It's interesting how you relate scientific evidence from scientific (sic) sources to conspiracy - I recognise the conditioned response, probably offered up tongue in cheek but nevertheless it was also probably the first thing that entered your head (which is indicative). Either you didn't read or you have been conditioned to only accepting information from approved sources. Either way, I'm only telling you what THEY (your approved sources) have said. And at least they have inquiring minds, even if they are a bit constrained in other ways.

Coney
27-01-2016, 12:32 AM
I have a complaint.

Every time they send a probe to Mars they discover that almost everything they think they knew is wrong. I think we place an awful lot of trust in scientists, who for the most part deal in theories rather than facts. These are the guys that think the universe started with a big bang created from nothingness. Obviously they are incompetent and even dangerous in some respects. They are no better than religionists.

1. "they discover that almost everything they think they knew is wrong". No they don't. Some things they had thought might be the case turn out not to be, but 'almost everything' is not the case. As good scientists, if they find something that contradicts their understanding, they adapt, unlike 'religionists' (sic).

2. "we place an awful lot of trust in scientists, who for the most part deal in theories rather than facts". Scientists form theories based on the known evidence. Then they observe or perform experiments to verify them. If this shows the theory to be incorrect, they think again. If it shows it to be as predicted, the theory is taken as assumed truth unless and until it is disproved by new evidence or logic.

3. "Obviously they are incompetent and even dangerous in some respects". See 1 & 2 above. If you can suggest a better way of understanding the world, I'm sure the whole of the planet would love to hear your wisdom. Scientist respond rationally to what they observe. Unfortunately, the media do not, and since a lot of people (and seemingly you) take their idea of what 'scientist think' and what is accepted science is from the media, there is a general misunderstanding of the subject.

For instance, if someone does an experiment and says their results imply x, the media translate that into 'all scientist think x is true even though yesterday they said it was not', whereas in the science world, the experiment will be analysed, attempts made to repeat it, etc. very often disproving that one scientist. But that does not make for a pretty headline.

Coney
27-01-2016, 12:36 AM

If you turn the sun upside down, it looks like the moon.

Coney
27-01-2016, 12:38 AM
watching Enemy At The Gates, for the umpteenth time, can never get enough of this flick

Good movie. Even has Rachel Weisz's camel toe on display.

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2016, 12:48 AM
1. "they discover that almost everything they think they knew is wrong". No they don't. Some things they had thought might be the case turn out not to be, but 'almost everything' is not the case. As good scientists, if they find something that contradicts their understanding, they adapt, unlike 'religionists' (sic).

2. "we place an awful lot of trust in scientists, who for the most part deal in theories rather than facts". Scientists form theories based on the known evidence. Then they observe or perform experiments to verify them. If this shows the theory to be incorrect, they think again. If it shows it to be as predicted, the theory is taken as assumed truth unless and until it is disproved by new evidence or logic.

3. "Obviously they are incompetent and even dangerous in some respects". See 1 & 2 above. If you can suggest a better way of understanding the world, I'm sure the whole of the planet would love to hear your wisdom. Scientist respond rationally to what they observe. Unfortunately, the media do not, and since a lot of people (and seemingly you) take their idea of what 'scientist think' and what is accepted science is from the media, there is a general misunderstanding of the subject.

For instance, if someone does an experiment and says their results imply x, the media translate that into 'all scientist think x is true even though yesterday they said it was not', whereas in the science world, the experiment will be analysed, attempts made to repeat it, etc. very often disproving that one scientist. But that does not make for a pretty headline.

With all undue respect, all of the above is bullshit. Just verbatim shit from the archives of the science worshippers manual.

Now if you go back 100 years, or maybe even 60, I'll agree with you. But today? You're dreaming.

Science = money. There's a scientific fact for you. I know in advance you won't accept that. But whatever.

And the Mars thing. I think when you go from "can't possibly be water" to "look, water" then it's only fair to question their competency.

Practical scientists in a lab working out conductivity - good for them, I'll buy them a drink any day. Stupid theoretical grant chasers gazing at Mars? Yeah, call me a know it all but I know at least as much as them and that doesn't even make me knowledgeable. Guess merchants in it for the cash. Big bang pushers. Where's the difference between that nonsense and the religionists bullshit?

So somebody told you to believe science worked a certain way. And I'm telling you fair enough - it USED to.

Coney
27-01-2016, 12:50 AM
I think you have issues.

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2016, 12:53 AM
I think you have issues.

And I think you are a sponge, so we both have work to do, right?

Xhaka Can’t
27-01-2016, 01:00 AM
They should bottle Martian water.

GP
27-01-2016, 02:13 AM
Matt Damon was on his way to the bottle bank...

Thierrymon
27-01-2016, 03:15 AM
Hateful 8 was fairly good. Not Tarantino's best. Managed to keep me interested despite being over 3 hours long.

Letters
27-01-2016, 07:39 AM

The dark side of the sun? :unsure:

Letters
27-01-2016, 07:48 AM
call me a know it all
I seriously doubt anyone has ever called you that :lol:

JaneEmily
28-01-2016, 02:39 PM
Hateful 8 was fairly good. Not Tarantino's best. Managed to keep me interested despite being over 3 hours long.

I thought it went on far too long. The only person who liked it out of my family was my dad, the rest of us felt like snoozing by halfway through it. There were some pretty good scenes but I just felt bored. Tarantino can do so much better.

IBK
28-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Anyone see the Rack Pack on iPlayer? - I thought it was good fun. Fark snooker used to be big in the '80's!

Letters
28-01-2016, 04:37 PM
I haven't but would like to. Was quite a big fan back in the day.
Davis :bow:

IBK
29-01-2016, 09:54 AM
I haven't but would like to. Was quite a big fan back in the day.
Davis :bow:

“I’m so boring my nickname is Steve Davis”

Xhaka Can’t
09-02-2016, 12:56 AM
http://z11.invisionfree.com/FilmFanatics/index.php?

Letters
09-02-2016, 09:35 AM
:lol:

ILT's, I believe?

Thierrymon
10-02-2016, 12:00 AM
Looking forward to seeing Deadpool this weekend. Looks a lot of fun.

Niall_Quinn
12-02-2016, 01:09 AM
I had forgotten how fucking brilliant the theme to Crimson Tide is.

Zimmer :bow:

Thierrymon
13-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Deadpool was really good, would recommend.

Kano
13-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Saw that last night with my boy, had a good laugh with it. Ryan Reynolds suits the role perfectly. Not often you get to say that about a film he's in.

Kano
13-02-2016, 05:36 PM
http://z11.invisionfree.com/FilmFanatics/index.php?

I looked for that ridiculous BigFourForum that Marc and Captain Cockwash were part of but it lasted as long as Chelsea's title defence. Probably a good thing looking at Liverpool and Utd now.

Xhaka Can’t
13-02-2016, 05:46 PM
I looked for that ridiculous BigFourForum that Marc and Captain Cockwash were part of but it lasted as long as Chelsea's title defence. Probably a good thing looking at Liverpool and Utd now.

Liverpool fell out of the 'Big Four'. So they changed the name to 'The Chemical Tavern'.

Hilarity ensued.

Kano
13-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Bloody hell, I had no idea. Aways the sharpest tools those three. I guess Marc should be coming back out soon.

GP
18-02-2016, 09:46 PM
The Martian.

Really, really enjoyed it.

Great cast, too. Wish I'd seen it on the big screen.

Xhaka Can’t
18-02-2016, 10:22 PM
You can come round to my gaff any time you want.

Bring dips.

Niall_Quinn
18-02-2016, 10:34 PM
You can come round to my gaff any time you want.

Bring dips.

Stay on topic please.

Kano
20-02-2016, 11:21 PM
Bone Tomahawk is a bloody good film.

Niall_Quinn
21-02-2016, 12:16 AM
Interstellar vs The Martian shootout.

On second watch both enjoyable, but Interstellar blows the other away. Former is a very, very good film knocking on 2001's door for title of best directed and produced sci ever. It won't get in, 2001 still pips it. But give it a bit of time and it'll go into the classics division. Certain aspects of this film are way beyond the call of duty.

Marc Overmars
27-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Deadpool. :lol:

That was great.

Kano
27-02-2016, 11:55 PM
The Gift is a pretty good little thriller, which is a surprise from Blumhouse films.

GP
03-03-2016, 09:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JINqHA7xywE&ab_channel=TheEllenShow

Fuck off

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 09:15 PM

Fuck off

Looks even better than Mad Maxene.

Marc Overmars
03-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Women. :rolleyes:

Power n Glory
06-03-2016, 08:42 AM
That looks like every other Hollywood comedy script but they've just slapped the Ghostbuster tag on it. :doh:

LDG
06-03-2016, 02:44 PM

Fuck off

That looks horrendous.

Why ruin it. Cunts

Globalgunner
06-03-2016, 05:41 PM

Fuck off

Are you sure thats not just an SNL skit?

BTW just got back from watching Heist with DeNiro and the Dad from Supernatural. Dave Batista got his head blown off. He deserved it. Turns out he may be a better actor than wrestler.

Kano
06-03-2016, 05:52 PM
That is 100% the trailer for the film. Because Murray wouldn't do a reboot and Ramis died, they served up this shit.

EDIT: oh yeah now I get it

Letters
06-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Wild

Pretty good.

Xhaka Can’t
06-03-2016, 10:08 PM
I refuse to even watch the trailer.

Ghostbusters was perfection.

Letters
06-03-2016, 10:10 PM
It's a completely pointless 'reboot'. Why remake a brilliant old film? You're only going to make a worse version of it.

GP
06-03-2016, 10:15 PM
I agree.

And you can't get Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd so you choose Melissa fucking McCarthy??

Fuck off.

Women aren't funny.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2016, 11:10 PM
Disagree. I believe the world has moved on since the original film and there's no harm and indeed a lot of benefit in taking something that was iconic and rebuilding it in the image of the progress we have made. In 1984, when the original was released, rampant sexism was the norm. Women could hardly get a look-in in the film industry. So can anyone legitimately complain when in a more enlightened environment we see a counterbalance to the regressive views of the past? Assuming we want our children to enjoy this film isn't it better they should associate with a modern, fresher, balanced version of a classic story? Why would you want them to indulge in a deeply misguided and misogynistic relic? This is 2016, for heaven's sake! Isn't it finally time to dispel the long held stereotype that men alone are capable of tackling outbreaks of paranormal activity in our societies?

Xhaka Can’t
06-03-2016, 11:38 PM
Fuck-off.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2016, 11:40 PM
Fuck-off.

Eeeeeew. Male P - I - G

Xhaka Can’t
06-03-2016, 11:41 PM
Shut up and watch the foxy football on BBC1

GP
10-03-2016, 10:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2P4DkHxXNQ&ab_channel=MarvelUK

Marc Overmars
10-03-2016, 10:44 PM
Another bloody Spider-Man.

Letters
11-03-2016, 07:03 AM
"Hail Caesar"

:lol: Very good.

JaneEmily
11-03-2016, 12:01 PM
So what side are you guys on? Team Capt America or Iron Man? I'm Team Capt America just because Iron Man is an annoying tool.

IBK
11-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Deadpool

Letters
11-03-2016, 12:51 PM
So what side are you guys on? Team Capt America or Iron Man? I'm Team Capt America just because Iron Man is an annoying tool.

I'm on the team which wishes they'd make some more original films and not so many of these endless cookie cutter ones <_<

Xhaka Can’t
11-03-2016, 02:59 PM
I'd like to see a pornographic 'Wonder Woman'.

JaneEmily
11-03-2016, 04:51 PM
I'm sure Google has the answer to that request.

Xhaka Can’t
11-03-2016, 11:17 PM
I'm sure Google has the answer to that request.

http://wonderwoman.intoday.in/story1/the-cosmo-girls-guide-to-pornography/1/83662.html

Disappointing.

Kano
12-03-2016, 12:17 AM
Anomalisa - loses its edge on a re-watch. Brilliant animation though.

Thierrymon
16-03-2016, 09:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7fP9q_LyDc

:dunce: :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
16-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Fucking hell! :lol:

Letters
16-03-2016, 10:16 AM
Hang up your whip, Indy...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35817121

GP
16-03-2016, 10:55 AM
It belongs in a museum!

Power n Glory
17-03-2016, 07:34 AM
Last Indy movie worked better on the small screen. Hated it in cinema but thought it was OK for an afternoon at home.

Xhaka Can’t
17-03-2016, 08:08 AM
Last Indy movie worked better on the small screen. Hated it in cinema but thought it was OK for an afternoon at home.

You sound like just the target audience for this. :oldboy:

Letters
17-03-2016, 09:44 AM

Got silly at the end but yeah, it was mostly ok. They should let it lie now though.

Marc Overmars
17-03-2016, 10:10 AM
No need for another Indy movie really. Ford will be 76 when this is released. :lol:

GP
17-03-2016, 10:12 AM
He belongs in a museum!

Wait, I already used that line.

Fuck it.

Power n Glory
19-03-2016, 09:08 AM
Got silly at the end but yeah, it was mostly ok. They should let it lie now though.

It seemed silly when I saw it in cinema. The alien plot threw me off.

But what Indy movie didn't have a far fetched end? The supernatural stuff in Raiders and Crusade are prime examples. But yeah, they really shouldn't make another one but it's Disney. Ford will probably make a guest appearance. At least George Lucas won't have anything to do with it.

alexander
20-03-2016, 01:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7fP9q_LyDc

:dunce: :lol:

thought this was going to be some cute little Pixar film

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2016, 02:32 AM
London Has Fallen

-99999999999999999999999999999999/10

Well they did it. America has created the worst film of all time. Obscenely, horrifyingly, excruciatingly awful on so many levels it stuns the brain and leaves you as a jellied lump in the corner of the room, head in a bucket, vomiting and hoping you drown in it. Anything to erase the filthy, dirty memory, blissful suicide the last scrap of dignity and penance paid. Just pray to the abyss there's no God in case he forgives you for watching this.

Fucking Americans. Fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking Americans. I fucking bet you this is Trump's favourite movie.

Marc Overmars
22-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Went to see 10 Cloverfield Lane last night, pretty enjoyable. Very immersive and tense throughout.

Letters
22-03-2016, 05:16 PM
London Has Fallen

-99999999999999999999999999999999/10

Well they did it. America has created the worst film of all time. Obscenely, horrifyingly, excruciatingly awful on so many levels it stuns the brain and leaves you as a jellied lump in the corner of the room, head in a bucket, vomiting and hoping you drown in it. Anything to erase the filthy, dirty memory, blissful suicide the last scrap of dignity and penance paid. Just pray to the abyss there's no God in case he forgives you for watching this.

Fucking Americans. Fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking Americans. I fucking bet you this is Trump's favourite movie.

But...it's London, and they're blowing it up. What's not to like about that?

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2016, 05:40 PM
But...it's London, and they're blowing it up. What's not to like about that?

I forgot to mention the ZX81 CGI effects.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2016, 01:04 AM
Just finished watching Gascoigne which is on Amazon Prime.

Must watch, lads. Some real eye openers in there and if that wasn't a masterful effort from the PR boys then this documentary is the best I have seen yet at explaining the whole Gazza phenomena and placing the man in a much more real world and less media hyped light. Bet there's at least one thing in there you never knew. Focuses on the football instead of the often manufactured media low points. Ultimately a sad story but also inspiring in parts.

Prepare yourself, you'll see Lineker, Maureen and Shrek behaving like authentic human beings (bar Gary's smug little grin).

Very good indeed.

Power n Glory
23-03-2016, 06:39 AM
Went to see 10 Cloverfield Lane last night, pretty enjoyable. Very immersive and tense throughout.

Thought it was a good movie too.

Letters
23-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Just finished watching Gascoigne which is on Amazon Prime.

Must watch, lads. Some real eye openers in there and if that wasn't a masterful effort from the PR boys then this documentary is the best I have seen yet at explaining the whole Gazza phenomena and placing the man in a much more real world and less media hyped light. Bet there's at least one thing in there you never knew. Focuses on the football instead of the often manufactured media low points. Ultimately a sad story but also inspiring in parts.

Prepare yourself, you'll see Lineker, Maureen and Shrek behaving like authentic human beings (bar Gary's smug little grin).

Very good indeed.

MrsL is working on Friday and Monday so might have a look.
I read an account in Danny Baker's book about a night with 'Gazza' - his account vs how the press reported it - which was quite interesting.

The Wengerbabies
24-03-2016, 08:24 PM
London Has Fallen 9/10. Absolutely brilliant.

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2016, 10:20 PM
London Has Fallen 9/10. Absolutely brilliant.

:doh:

Even accounting for cosmic differences in taste or a liberal interpretation of the comedy genre, this Exxon Valdez magnitude sewage spill could never be described as brilliant. Although I agree it is absolute.

The Wengerbabies
24-03-2016, 10:36 PM
:doh:

Even accounting for cosmic differences in taste or a liberal interpretation of the comedy genre, this Exxon Valdez magnitude sewage spill could never be described as brilliant. Although I agree it is absolute.

What was not to like?

America saving the world again, telling terrorists to go back to 'fuckheadistan' etc.

http://i.imgur.com/cZyM2hL.gif

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2016, 10:42 PM
What was not to like?

America saving the world again, telling terrorists to go back to 'fuckheadistan' etc.

No, I'm not going to permit an opinion on this one. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

Xhaka Can’t
24-03-2016, 11:51 PM
What was not to like?

Your hometown.

Kano
25-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Catch Me Daddy - excellent UK film based on the honour killing stories that have popped up over the years. Mostly a chase film but very effective. Dark and miserably British :bow:

Globalgunner
31-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Has anybody seen Batman v Superman. They say it is crap, but ill still see it.

Letters
31-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Nope. I bet it's crap.

Kano
31-03-2016, 10:25 PM
http://youtu.be/cwXfv25xJUw

Globalgunner
01-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Just seen it and sadly yes.....borderline crap. Must have got a bunch of 5th graders to put their sweets to one side for 10 minutes to come up with the script

Power n Glory
01-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Shit movie. Avoid.

GP
01-04-2016, 08:23 PM

If Man of Steel is anything to go by I'm not surprised it's garbage.

Kano
01-04-2016, 11:59 PM
Man of Steel was rubbish and this isn't much better. Snyder makes it look pwetty but even at two and half hours, there is too much stuffed in for any of it to be memorable. It's making a shitload of money despite the terrible reviews and it sets itself up for all the shitty DC films that will follow. Mission accomplished as far as Warner Bros are concerned.

alexander
02-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Man of Steel was rubbish and this isn't much better. Snyder makes it look pwetty but even at two and half hours, there is too much stuffed in for any of it to be memorable. It's making a shitload of money despite the terrible reviews and it sets itself up for all the shitty DC films that will follow. Mission accomplished as far as Warner Bros are concerned.

They are certainly milking these superhero films for all they are worth. I liked the Tim Burton Batman films, and the Christian Bale Batman, thought Thor was a jolly jaunt, but they seem to just keep churning them out now. Oh, liked the first Ironman, but the not the others so much.

Marc Overmars
03-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Just seen it.

I don't think it was that bad in all honesty, certainly better than Man of Steel anyway. Not convinced about this Batman though, he was like a bloody robot. I think the other films to follow could potentially be good (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash etc) given there aren't any big screen portrayals of the characters already done.

Though I must say this DC Universe completely lacks the charm Marvel's has.

Kano
03-04-2016, 03:00 PM
http://youtu.be/96EChBYVFhU

Now this looks like a lot of bloody fun.

Ernesto
03-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Batman v Superman was terrible. Overly long with too much dross as filler.

I honestly think superhero movies need to take a leaf out of Antman or Deadpool. Just a humorous take. If you are going to go super serious, try and follow the gold standard set by the Dark Knight which was universally liked.

The danger is they're marginalising these films to true comic book lovers. Not a problem with that, but you give yourself a very narrow audience pool

GP
03-04-2016, 04:09 PM
The problem is, outside of Batman, DC don't have any interesting characters.

Letters
03-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Well, another problem is they're doing them to death

Kano
03-04-2016, 04:33 PM

I honestly think superhero movies need to take a leaf out of Antman or Deadpool. Just a humorous take. If you are going to go super serious, try and follow the gold standard set by the Dark Knight which was universally liked.

The danger is they're marginalising these films to true comic book lovers. Not a problem with that, but you give yourself a very narrow audience pool

I dunno, one look at the box office returns for this film seems to show its doing pretty ok. Deadpool was an experiment and it wasn't expected to blow up like it did. I think it's earned more money than the last X-men films. So expect a lot more 'adult' comic book films to follow. Suicide Squad will probably be just as big.

Letters
03-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Box office returns are good because people were excited about it and bought into the hype. Doesn't mean it's any good.

Kano
03-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Who said it was?

Niall_Quinn
03-04-2016, 04:50 PM

Garbage. I gave it an hour but had to quit because I had a pot of water to watch boiling. Only watch these DC things if the recommendation pool has run bone dry.

Master Splinter
03-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Forget the merits of the DC line-up or whether or not there's too many comic book films at the moment, the most galling thing is that a complete pubber like Zack Snyder has somehow been allowed so much creative control over such beloved properties. He surely has something over the heads at Warner Brothers.

At least Marvel have mixed it up and given left-field or upcoming writers and directors the chance to freshen things up.

Although there was no chance of Batman v Superman ever being a failure, the drop-offs will be interesting. If people are dissatisfied with Snyder's mega-budget CGI misery-fests, it will ultimately show in the openings for Suicide Squad and Justice League.

Zack Fucking Snyder. At least Michael Bay films have a sense of humour.

Marc Overmars
03-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Agree on Snyder. I find his films far too dreary to be really enjoyed.

At least he's not directing the individual movies for these DC characters.

Power n Glory
03-04-2016, 08:17 PM
The script was bad as well. Tried to cram in way too much and wasted some really good future stories. Certain things should have been left for a standalone movie. It was bad enough they decided to make this movie a sequel to Man of Steel. Superman only just learned how to fly and already they're throwing in major plot points without establishing Superman as hero yet alone who his enemies are. It's a poor set up.

Niall_Quinn
03-04-2016, 08:24 PM
The script was bad as well. Tried to cram in way too much and wasted some really good future stories. Certain things should have been left for a standalone movie. It was bad enough they decided to make this movie a sequel to Man of Steel. Superman only just learned how to fly and already they're throwing in major plot points without establishing Superman as hero yet alone who his enemies are. It's a poor set up.

You're talking as if artistic integrity somehow flickered briefly onto the radar. It didn't.

Power n Glory
03-04-2016, 08:42 PM
You're talking as if artistic integrity somehow flickered briefly onto the radar. It didn't.

Not even. Just some forward thinking and planning on how to build a franchise even if it's purpose is to break box office records.

Kano
03-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Forget the merits of the DC line-up or whether or not there's too many comic book films at the moment, the most galling thing is that a complete pubber like Zack Snyder has somehow been allowed so much creative control over such beloved properties. He surely has something over the heads at Warner Brothers.

At least Marvel have mixed it up and given left-field or upcoming writers and directors the chance to freshen things up.

Although there was no chance of Batman v Superman ever being a failure, the drop-offs will be interesting. If people are dissatisfied with Snyder's mega-budget CGI misery-fests, it will ultimately show in the openings for Suicide Squad and Justice League.

Zack Fucking Snyder. At least Michael Bay films have a sense of humour.

Watchmen worked for me. Which is strange given how shocking the rest of his filmography is. With the right marketing the audience will be tricked back into the theatre. Man of Steel was trashed because of the destruction in the film but quickly forgotten when this was announced. It was a pretty smart idea to use that criticism as the foundation for this film but they completely dropped the ball yet again.

Letters
10-04-2016, 07:23 PM
500 Days Of Summer

Quite good. Bit different from yer standard rom-com.

Xhaka Can’t
10-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Saw Zootopia with my son when in Canada - one of the funniest animated films I've seen in a long time.

IBK
10-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Saw 'Midnight Special' on Friday. Disappointed after all the rave critical reviews. A bit boring, TBH.

Niall_Quinn
10-04-2016, 08:32 PM
Eddie the Eagle. Okay. Formula stuff. Non-offensive. In a few days I probably won't remember I watched it.

Marc Overmars
15-04-2016, 01:42 PM
James Cameron has announced there will be 4 Avatar sequels. :blink:

Avatar 2 is out in December 2018 and the others will follow in 2020, 2022 and 2023.

Letters
15-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Eddie the Eagle. Okay. Formula stuff. Non-offensive. In a few days I probably won't remember I watched it.

Booze :bow:

I'd quite like to see it but I don't think I'll be rushing to the cinema to do so.

Xhaka Can’t
15-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Yeah, sounds pretty much like nothing will be lost by waiting for this to turn up on TV

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-04-2016, 02:42 PM
James Cameron has announced there will be 4 Avatar sequels. :blink:

Avatar 2 is out in December 2018 and the others will follow in 2020, 2022 and 2023.

Christ

Xhaka Can’t
15-04-2016, 03:18 PM
I've never seen Avatar. Probably never will.

Letters
15-04-2016, 03:25 PM
I really liked the first one although I did see it on the big screen in 3D, I do have the DVD but have never watched it so I don't know how well it works on a smaller screen.
Not sure it warrants that many sequels really, probably watch the first one and go from there.

Kano
15-04-2016, 03:41 PM
I've never seen Avatar. Probably never will.

And surprise, surprise you'll miss out on fuck all.

Marc Overmars
15-04-2016, 03:41 PM
It's definitely a movie I think you had to see in the cinema to truly appreciate. Though I'm sure a Blu-ray combined with our big TV's these days would do it some justice as well.

I thought the story was wrapped up well, interesting to see where they go from here and also how much more they can do with the CGI/3D. :shrug:

LDG
15-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Looks like Zombieland 2 is on the horizon.

Watched the first one last night again. Fucking brilliant movie.

Kano
15-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Hardcore Henry - a bloody mess in every way imaginable.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Just watched Jiro dreams of Sushi (documentary film)

Fascinating look into the life of a man who still strives for perfection well into his mid eighties, it subconsciously explores the themes of Japanese culture around honour and family loyalty/deference. Jiro himself takes his work very seriously but also enjoys it as much as he did when he started his career, he can be very stern and serious at times but can also cut a very jovial figure as well and is generally quite likeable.

Worth watching, especially for those who love their food.

Kano
20-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Saw that a few years back, a very good documentary. A three Michelin star sushi bar hidden away in a subway in Toyko right? An absolute perfectionist and it shows.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-04-2016, 08:20 AM
Saw that a few years back, a very good documentary. A three Michelin star sushi bar hidden away in a subway in Toyko right? An absolute perfectionist and it shows.

Yep its not a recent film (made in 2011) though I believe Jiro is still working in his restaurant, he served Obama and Shinzo Abe back in 2014.

Marc Overmars
22-04-2016, 10:59 PM
The Rock has been cast in the lead role of the Jumanji reboot. :doh:

Kano
22-04-2016, 11:20 PM
Midnight Special is good, a kind of throwback to 80's Spielberg, although lacking that real story telling expertise.

Letters
23-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Jungle Book (2016)

Loved it :dance:

Fun for all the family :d

Thierrymon
26-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Jungle Book (2016)

Loved it :dance:

Fun for all the family :d

I saw it yesterday and was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I thought the trailers looked pretty bad but the effects were actually pretty good. The animals looked great.

Letters
26-04-2016, 10:25 AM
I don't even know how they filmed a lot of it, it must be mostly CGI but the kid (who is superb) blends into it seamlessly.

The Wengerbabies
02-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Dirty Grandpa 10/10

DeNiro's best work imho.

GP
02-05-2016, 09:29 PM
You know when small children die of cancer?

You're worse than that.

Globalgunner
08-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Captain America: Civil War
Saw it yesterday. Enjoyed it, Much better than that Slush Batman V Superman. 9/10
Spiderman being a juvenile nuisance:bow:

Power n Glory
09-05-2016, 10:28 AM
The Captain America films are really good. Really enjoyed Winter Soldier and Civil War was really good too.

Jungle Book was pretty good too.

Kano
09-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Requiem For The American Dream isn't bad. Noam Chomsky covering his ten principles of how the rich and powerful have managed to create and sustain their divide. Well-worn topics but always worth listening to his take on it.

GP
02-06-2016, 06:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWN-z6zjDaw&ab_channel=JoBloMovieTrailers

The Wengerbabies
04-06-2016, 10:05 AM
The Brother Grimsby 11/10

This was absolutely hilarious. I don''t think I've ever laughed so hard.

13 Hours - The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi 9/10

Very entertaining. But also very maddening, Hillary Clinton is a disgrace. Can't wait for Trump to eviscerate her.

Kano
04-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Ooh more controversial opinions. Where will it all end?

Niall_Quinn
04-06-2016, 10:32 AM
13 Hours - The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi 9/10

Very entertaining. But also very maddening, Hillary Clinton is a disgrace. Can't wait for Trump to eviscerate her.

It was actually quite good. But I don't get how you can watch London is Fallen (or whatever that shit was called) and think that was good too. Despite a few obligatory USA USA USA moments, 13 hours had a plot and actors and character development and all that stuff. The London thing, not so much.

The Wengerbabies
04-06-2016, 10:35 AM
It was actually quite good. But I don't get how you can watch London is Fallen (or whatever that shit was called) and think that was good too. Despite a few obligatory USA USA USA moments, 13 hours had a plot and actors and character development and all that stuff. The London thing, not so much.

London Has Fallen was entertaining. Sure there was no real substance to it but it was a fun couple of hours.

Niall_Quinn
04-06-2016, 10:35 AM
London Has Fallen was entertaining. Sure there was no real substance to it but it was a fun couple of hours.

Everything you just said is incorrect. Apart from the no real substance bit, which I wholeheartedly agree with.

The Wengerbabies
04-06-2016, 10:36 AM
Everything you just said is incorrect. Apart from the no real substance bit, which I wholeheartedly agree with.

That's your opinion which you are entitled to. Its just the wrong opinion.

Niall_Quinn
04-06-2016, 10:37 AM
That's your opinion which you are entitled to. Its just the wrong opinion.

I don't deal in opinions when it comes to film - just the facts.

Letters
04-06-2016, 12:25 PM

You can't argue with the 'couple of hours' bit, to be fair. Maybe the 'fun' part.

Letters
04-06-2016, 12:26 PM
The Bad Education Movie.

Pretty much as you'd expect. Not big and not clever but amusing enough, in places.

Letters
09-06-2016, 02:29 PM
The Usual Suspects

Hadn't seen it for yonks but showed MrsL it at the weekend, it was as good as I remembered
She didn't like it much, but she's wrong, obviously.

GP
09-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Inside Out.

Not bad, actually. Usual Pixar quality.

Kano
09-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Finding Dory out end of next month.

Letters
09-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Inside Out.

Not bad, actually. Usual Pixar quality.

Yeah, I liked it.

Bing Bong :upset:

Kano
20-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Eye In The Sky is a decent film about modern drone warfare and the moral and political complications it brings. Think it was Alan Rickman's last film too.

Kano
26-06-2016, 01:48 AM
If you have a pair of legs, a heart, a local cinema that gives a fuck beyond ROI, or a spare tenner to watch it via Curzon Online, then watch Fire At Sea. An absolutely devastating documentary about immigration into Europe.

Marc Overmars
29-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Independence Day 2 is garbage.

I'll just preserve my memories of the original and forget this one exists.

Thierrymon
30-06-2016, 08:19 AM

Yep, utter shite movie.

Xhaka Can’t
30-06-2016, 11:17 AM

Do you want me to move this to the Brexit thread for you?

Thierrymon
02-07-2016, 11:06 PM
Sicario is really good. Well worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR0SDT2GeFg

Niall_Quinn
09-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Get yourself whiskied up and watch Spectre. A rip-roaring Bond movie in the traditional strand, all the Bond stuff is in there and you'll find yourself laughing along at the tight dialog and the ridiculous action scenes that are all underpinned with good CGI. Much maligned. Undeserved. It may not be a great movie, but it's a great Bond movie. Enjoyed it from start to finish.

Letters
09-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Agreed. The other Craig Bond films are probably better films but Spectre is a great love letter to the whole series.

GP
09-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Waltz :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
10-07-2016, 09:32 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Pvk70Gx6c

Sounds good!

GP
10-07-2016, 09:34 PM
Who you gonna call?

SAMARITANS!

GP
18-07-2016, 11:42 AM
The Revenant.

Hmm. I thought it dragged a bit. The scene with the bear was pretty brutal.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-07-2016, 12:22 AM
Yep, utter shite movie.

I actually think the first one is one of the most overrated films of all time.

Letters
19-07-2016, 06:23 AM
"Zoolander 2"

Poolander 2, more like. Awlful film.

GP
19-07-2016, 08:07 AM
Of of those comedy sequels are bad.

Dumb and Dumber, Anchorman, all shite.

Letters
19-07-2016, 09:40 AM
I enjoyed the 2nd Anchorman when I saw it in the cinema, have seen it since and kinda agree it's not a patch on the original.

GP
24-07-2016, 09:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSzx-zryEgM&ab_channel=MarvelEntertainment

Marc Overmars
03-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Seems like Suicide Squad is continuing the trend of poorly reviewed DC movies.

Marc Overmars
06-08-2016, 11:16 PM
Finding Dory. :d

Another good'un from Pixar.

Kano
07-08-2016, 12:08 AM
The Hard Stop, a doc about the man accused of starting the UK riots five years ago and Mark Duggan's friends and family - a very good watch.

Letters
07-08-2016, 07:19 AM
Slumdog Millionaire.

Re-watched it last weekend. Really good. Boyle :bow:

Marc Overmars
10-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Went to see Suicide Squad tonight. It was ok, probably the best DC universe movie so far, though that isn't saying much. The characters were very good but the story felt a bit rushed. The film would have benefited from more attention on the Joker rather than the Enchantress, as she was a bit shit.

Margot Robbie.:loveblush:

Power n Glory
12-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Thought Suicide Squad was shite, Man of Steel really wasn't that bad compared to what's been served up recently.

Kano
13-08-2016, 11:08 PM
Money Monster - Clooney, Roberts and Jack O'Connell. Below run of the mill, straight on the nose garbage about 'them and us'. The financial sector ripping off the world and not giving a shit etc etc

Kano
28-08-2016, 11:25 PM
Jason Bourne, not so good. Pretty much the same type of film but out of its time now and as a one off after so many years, it's hard to give a damn about his story any more.

Kano
03-09-2016, 10:53 PM
The Neon Demon - no Refn, no.

Marc Overmars
06-09-2016, 10:17 PM
Sausage Party.

WTF. :haha:

Kano
17-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Barry Lyndon :bow:

Letters
17-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Sausage Party.

WTF. :haha:

I was intrigued so I found a somewhat dubious source and watched the first 5 or 10 minutes.
Way too much swearing, I'm not squeamish about that generally but does it have to be every other word? I don't know many people who actually speak like that.

Kano
17-09-2016, 04:46 PM
I don't know many people who actually speak like that.

Yeah but what about sausages?

Letters
17-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Good point. I don't know any sausages who talk like that either though :unsure:

Kano
17-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Hunt For The Wilderpeople was pretty good too. New Zealand makes some decent films.

Letters
17-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Jurassic Park :bow:

MrsL away for the weekend and saw a FB quiz about the film this morning which made me think about it again so I thought I'd get the DVD out.
Spielberg :bow:

[The only line which spoils it, with my geek hat on, is when the girl who is what, about 11, says "It's a UNIX system...I know this!". What balls! :lol: I'd never heard of UNIX till Uni.

Xhaka Can’t
17-09-2016, 11:30 PM
But it was a UNIX system.

adzzzbatch
18-09-2016, 12:01 AM
I was intrigued so I found a somewhat dubious source and watched the first 5 or 10 minutes.
Way too much swearing, I'm not squeamish about that generally but does it have to be every other word? I don't know many people who actually speak like that.

We've met right?

Letters
18-09-2016, 07:32 AM
:lol: You're pretty bad at football but beforehand you're not too bad!

Kano
24-09-2016, 09:39 PM
United 93. Jesus that was bloody tense, which is pretty impressive given you know the full story beforehand.

Niall_Quinn
24-09-2016, 10:20 PM
The entirely fabricated with not one shred of evidence presented story. Are they really still churning this shit out? They don't give up easily, do they?

Letters
24-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Apart from all the recorded telephone calls from the flight, obviously.