PDA

View Full Version : The Film Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Master Splinter
04-07-2011, 07:28 AM
that I didn't know......well suppose he deserved to be canned, thought Cheadle was more expensive than him.....(can't even remember his name)

Terence Howard.

It's a pointless sidekick role anyway.

Boss
04-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Most superhero films are garbage tbh.

The three next must watch are Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel and the Avengers.

All others can suck a dick.

Kaiser
04-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Is Man of Steel the new Superman movie? I can guarantee it'll be shite. Superman is a crap idea in general because you can't really empathise with someone who doesn't have any human/emotional flaws.

Master Splinter
04-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Is Man of Steel the new Superman movie? I can guarantee it'll be shite. Superman is a crap idea in general because you can't really empathise with someone who doesn't have any human/emotional flaws.

:gp:

It can't work for more than a few films. The first two were good. But there's nowhere to go after that. Even though I thought Returns was good. But it was almost a remake anyway. You can be absurd like the Dean Cain series and turn it into a tongue-in-cheek soap. Or just awful and repetetive like Smallville. There's no real dilemma apart from the nuisance of the meteor rock.

I'd like to think there's been some great stories in the comics over the years that they can adapt however. The cast is good, which would give you some hope but the director is Zack Snyder, who is shockingly poor. All his films are cheap and trashy special effects-driven nonsense with less depth than a Whigfield song. I doubt Nolan's involvement will suddenly make him talented.

The new Spider-Man sounds iffy so far too.

But The Dark Knight Rises is certain to be great :bow: Nolan :bow: Bale :bow: Caine :bow: Oldman :bow: Freeman :bow: Tom Hardy :bow: Not to mention Joseph Gordon Levitt, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard and that guy from Lost again.

Boss
04-07-2011, 09:06 AM

Directed by Nolan innit.

Master Splinter
04-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Most superhero films are garbage tbh.

There's too many now, yes, but the quality has been strangely high over the years. The original two Superman and Batman films were very good. Then the X-Men films made them credible again (the third was shit). The first two Spider-Man fims were also good (the third was shit). Blade 1 and 2 were good (the third was shit). And of course Nolan's Batman's are superb (I hope the third is not shit :(). The Hellboy series shouldn't be overlooked either.

Even the more light-hearted and lesser-known ones like Daredevil, Thor and Iron Man 1 (the second was shit) were enjoyable. The only truly awful ones (that I've seen) were Fantastic Four 1 and 2 and Elektra. The Hulk's are not completely dreadful, but still a bit shit. The Green Lantern looks pretty bad, but Captain America should be decent.

Japan Shaking All Over
04-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Master Splinter/Superhero knowledge:bow:

missed Mystic River on cable last night......hopefully it won't be too long coming round again

Kaiser
04-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Directed by Nolan innit.

As MS says, it's produced by Nolan but directed by Snyder, who generally sucks as a director. 300 was only decent in that it backfired spectacularly as an epic only to become inadvertently hilarious due to how serious it presented itself as.

Cripps_orig
04-07-2011, 04:57 PM
TEARFUL farewells and moving speeches greeted the cast of Harry Potter on the last day of filming.And the long goodbye on the set of The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 was captured on video, which you can watch below.
Cast including Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Helena Bonham Carter talk about what they will miss when the filming wraps.
And Rupert Grint is moved to tears as he talks about the end.
The final movie in the series is released on July 15 and features the ultimate showdown between Harry and arch enemy Voldemort.
Daniel, who landed the role of the boy wizard in 2000 when he was ten, stood on a chair to make a speech as the cast and crew prepared to wrap.
He said: "I just want to say I love this place, this has been my life, so it's going to be really odd, I think for all of us because I don't know what my day to day life consists of without you, all of you.
"It's wonderful. I've loved every minute. Thank you all very, very much."
Emma, who stars as Hermione Granger, said she felt lucky to have been a part of the smash hit series.
She said: "I feel so blessed that I was chosen, that I was given the chance to experience all of this and to have this be part of my life. We were the chosen ones."
And Rupert got emotional when he said he would miss "everything really. The people. This place and maybe just being Ron as well."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/3676160/Harry-Potter-Last-day-of-filming.html#ixzz1R9lALawJ

:bow:

Never seen any of them on the big screen but tempted to go watch this one. Havent seen Part 1 though. Does that matter though seeing as ive read the book and know what happens or have the fuckers changed the film?

Letters
04-07-2011, 05:13 PM
No, probably doesn't matter.

Marc Overmars
05-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Finished the Star Wars saga at last.

I enjoyed the 3rd one in each trilogy the most, so Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith.

Is that animated Clone Wars movie any good?

In other news, Total Recall. :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
05-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Finished the Star Wars saga at last.

I enjoyed the 3rd one in each trilogy the most, so Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith.

Is that animated Clone Wars movie any good?

In other news, Total Recall. :bow:

You enjoyed Return of the Jedi more than the Empire Strikes Back?

Stop worshipping me.

Now!

GP
05-07-2011, 10:40 PM

Stop worshipping me.

Now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6lzEhoXads

Cripps_orig
05-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Clone Wars was awful. Didn't enjoy it at all. The other 6 are far better.

Master Splinter
05-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Clone Wars was awful. Didn't enjoy it at all. The other 6 are far better.

Better acting and script than the films though tbf.

Marc Overmars
05-07-2011, 11:10 PM

Stop worshipping me.

Now!

It was a close but ROTJ just edged it for me.

No, I will never stop worshipping you.

Ollie the Optimist
10-07-2011, 11:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3HzTKbsqsY

inbetweeners movie :bow:

Master Splinter
12-07-2011, 01:14 PM
http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/hw800/52700.jpg

:bow: :bow:

Boss
12-07-2011, 01:47 PM
The must watch movie of the next 5 years.

LDG
12-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Batman :bow:

Master Splinter
12-07-2011, 02:16 PM
A teaser trailer is supposed to be out this week along with the new Harry Potter.

The only reason Harry Potter 8 will post a huge opening weekend at the box office.

:Ach-level WUMming:

Cripps_orig
12-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Its not Harry Potter 8 tbh. Its still the 7th film but just the 2nd part.

Any decent films yet to come out this summer?

Captain America is out soon :bow:

Any other quality films? None of the boring stuffy King Speech type films please. We want to see proper films

Master Splinter
12-07-2011, 02:32 PM
It's still the eighth film to be released in the series.

In terms of films you'd be interested in, I can only think of Cowboys And Aliens, Smurfs and the new Conan and Planet Of The Apes films. And Cars 2, if you liked the first. And Glee Live.

Cripps_orig
12-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Cowboys and Aliens? That the one with Craig and Ford?

Looks decent.

Smurfs...cant see it being as good as the cartoon. Any nude shots of smurfette?

Conan, no thanks

The new Planet Of The Apes films looks awesome. Must watch. Bale must be proud.

Havent seen the first Cars which is a disgrace tbh. Have to put it on the must watch list

Marc Overmars
14-07-2011, 06:24 PM
I watched Super 8 out in America. It was pretty good.

J. J. Abrams. :bow:

Spielberg. :bow:

Young Guns 11
14-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Going to watch Harry Potter pt 2 tonight :dance:

Kaiser
14-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Senna :bow:

Amazing, deep film. The last 15 minutes had many close to tears in the cinema. Appeals to all (I'm not a massive follower of F1).

GP
14-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Senna :bow:

Amazing, deep film. The last 15 minutes had many close to tears in the cinema. Appeals to all (I'm not a massive follower of F1).

Yeah, it's really good. Not a really a documentary though, but still very moving.

I didn't like the way Prost was portrayed. They were putting words into his mouth quite a lot.

Cripps_orig
14-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Going to watch Harry Potter pt 2 tonight :dance:

Couple of questions

Have u seen the first part?

Have you read the book?

What do they miss out?

Kaiser
14-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Yeah, it seemed to shape their rivalry into a standard good vs evil thing. The representation of Prost in the film was kinda dismissed by the point at the end that he was a trustee of the Senna Foundation.

Kaiser
14-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Couple of questions

Have you read the book?

What do they miss out?

I'm gonna guess very little, because they've basically had four hours to do the entirety of the novel. Partially makes up for the shambolic sixth film where they changed a ridiculous amount.

Cripps_orig
14-07-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm gonna guess very little, because they've basically had four hours to do the entirety of the novel. Partially makes up for the shambolic sixth film where they changed a ridiculous amount.

Half Blood Prince was shocking, i agree.

Looking forward to watching Deathly Hallows though. Tempted to watch Part 1 on Box Office and go watch Part 2 over the weekend

Master Splinter
14-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Looks like a great period for animation coming up. You can put these on your list too , Ach :good:.

Tintin looks a million times better than the mostly awful motion capture animated films (Polar Express, Beowulf) released so far. Spielberg and Jackson working together, plus a good team of writers should ensure this is good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTmb_sRapLc

Aardman's new one :lol: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWOFLtsDvbw

The first trailer for Pixar's next film. Good to see them doing something different again. Should be awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYg0VgPy6Uk

Boss
14-07-2011, 09:11 PM
All the HP films are garbage.

Would be better if they didn't have absolute mongs as the main actors, tbf.

GP
14-07-2011, 09:12 PM

:gp:

Needs more Ninjas, tbh.

GP
14-07-2011, 09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNHR35ECaKc&feature=channel_video_titlel

Cripps_orig
14-07-2011, 09:56 PM

Emma Watson is pretty awesome in the later films tbh

Marc Overmars
15-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Rango.

Not bad for a non pixar/dreamworks animated film.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 12:11 PM

Never seen any of them on the big screen but tempted to go watch this one. Havent seen Part 1 though. Does that matter though seeing as ive read the book and know what happens or have the fuckers changed the film?

Dude its better to warch part 1 just so you know where you are. Got it in dvd might recap so when i go see PT 2 the gap won't feel too long lol.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm gonna guess very little, because they've basically had four hours to do the entirety of the novel. Partially makes up for the shambolic sixth film where they changed a ridiculous amount. too right i reckosn had they missed bits out of this film their would have been an huge uproar.

bignev
15-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Has anyone seen Tree of Life?

I watched it last night. I like to think of myself as being someone who likes less mainstream movies and can appreciate more arty, indie type of films however I absolutely hated this film. It just seemed to have no real central theme.

The kind of film which people don't understand but will tell you it's brilliant because they don't want to admit they don't understand it.

Young Guns 11
15-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Couple of questions

Have you read the book?

What do they miss out?

Yeah to both.

Well considering they had 2 hours and 10 mins just to fit in a last few chapters I thought they missed out somethings that annoyed me.

For example, the big battle in the book, where Voldemort is going mental and like attacking everyone in the great hall...yeah that doesn't happen, just him and Harry on their own. It also seemed to be over really quickly, didn't seem to focus too much on many of the individual battles too much.

Good things though; Daniels acting got a whole lot better in this film, he did well. Also Alan Rickman was amazing, as ever. His scenes, expecially the Pensieve (sp) scene, were really good.

On the whole, a pretty decent cover of the book. Couldn't believe how packed the cinema was though at 00:01. The one I went to had like 6 screens open all showing it at the same time. It'll smash Avatar's record I reckon.

Master Splinter
15-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Has anyone seen Tree of Life?

I watched it last night. I like to think of myself as being someone who likes less mainstream movies and can appreciate more arty, indie type of films however I absolutely hated this film. It just seemed to have no real central theme.

The kind of film which people don't understand but will tell you it's brilliant because they don't want to admit they don't understand it.

I've heard it's quite perplexing, even compared to Malick's other work. I like his other films, so I'll try to catch this too.

Master Splinter
15-07-2011, 04:11 PM
It'll smash Avatar's record I reckon.

3D helps a film's box office haul, but I doubt this film will suddenly more than double the previous best in the Potter series.

Young Guns 11
15-07-2011, 04:17 PM
3D helps a film's box office haul, but I doubt this film will suddenly more double the previous best in the Potter series.

People have been waiting for this film for ages, something that Avatar didn't have.

Though I have just checked what Avatar made....2.782 billion :faint: They re-released it didn't they?

I dunno, it definately has a chance though.

Cripps_orig
15-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah to both.

Well considering they had 2 hours and 10 mins just to fit in a last few chapters I thought they missed out somethings that annoyed me.

For example, the big battle in the book, where Voldemort is going mental and like attacking everyone in the great hall...yeah that doesn't happen, just him and Harry on their own. It also seemed to be over really quickly, didn't seem to focus too much on many of the individual battles too much.

Good things though; Daniels acting got a whole lot better in this film, he did well. Also Alan Rickman was amazing, as ever. His scenes, expecially the Pensieve (sp) scene, were really good.

On the whole, a pretty decent cover of the book. Couldn't believe how packed the cinema was though at 00:01. The one I went to had like 6 screens open all showing it at the same time. It'll smash Avatar's record I reckon.

:good:

As for the spoiler, its annoying to miss that out but as long as they didnt miss out any of the major deaths then they can be forgiven.

Alan Rickman is a legend tbh. Never seen him in a bad film. Never seen anyone who knows a thing about films say a bad word about him.

Im going to wait til the dvd is out and then buy all of them in one go and watch them.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 04:54 PM
:good:

As for the spoiler, its annoying to miss that out but as long as they didnt miss out any of the major deaths then they can be forgiven.

Alan Rickman is a legend tbh. Never seen him in a bad film. Never seen anyone who knows a thing about films say a bad word about him.

Im going to wait til the dvd is out and then buy all of them in one go and watch them.

Seen him marching in london for the cuts proper legend. he was like right next to me.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah to both.

Spoiler kind of sucks but you could see from the trailer lots seems like it was missed out

Young Guns 11
15-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Oh yeah and another thing that didn't happen in the film:

In the book, after Harry has beaten Voldemort, he goes upstairs to the headmasters office and everyone claps him etc etc, that was cut out aswell.

I know it's not a huge thing, but I thought it would have been quite a good scene, and can't really see why they couldnt have put in the extra 2mins or whatever to include it. Meh.

Master Splinter
15-07-2011, 06:34 PM
People have been waiting for this film for ages, something that Avatar didn't have.

Though I have just checked what Avatar made....2.782 billion :faint: They re-released it didn't they?

I dunno, it definately has a chance though.

People were also waiting ages for the other Potter films, no?

It has no chance of surpassing Avatar's gross. Even Avatar 2 won't come close. It was one of those things that hit at the right time and caught the public's imagination. Even though it was pretty bland.

Master Splinter
15-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Alan Rickman is a legend tbh. Never seen him in a bad film.

Not seen Love Actually or most of the Harry Potter films then?

Well, I suppose the Potter films aren't bad, just painfully average and ironically un-magical. Maybe the books are better.

But Alan Rickman is by far the best thing in them. He is always brilliant.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 06:43 PM

Well, I suppose the Potter films aren't bad, just painfully average and ironically un-magical. Maybe the books are better.

was better in die hard though

Cripps_orig
15-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Love Actually? No

And the books are better

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 07:10 PM
And the books are better[/QUOTE]

tbh is in the eye of the beholder. I mean if you have only seen the films then reading the boks may seem boring in comparison.

Cripps_orig
16-07-2011, 10:06 PM
The Condemned :bow:Reality tv at its best. 9/10The CraziesPretty enjoyable. Wasn't how I expected it to be8/10Watching The Departed now. What a cast :bow:

Marc Overmars
16-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Is The Condemned the one with Stone Cold in it?

Cripps_orig
16-07-2011, 10:23 PM
That's the one. Stone Cold v Vinny Jones.

Marc Overmars
16-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Need to see that at some point.

Watched Burn After Reading today. It was alright, ended a bit abruptly though. Brad Pitt is awesome.

Being John Malkovich is next to watch.

Master Splinter
17-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Watched Burn After Reading today. It was alright, ended a bit abruptly though. Brad Pitt is awesome.

Being John Malkovich is next to watch.

John Malkovich is the best thing in Burn After Reading.

And naturally, in Being John Malkovich, which is brilliant.

John Malkovich :bow: (when he's in good films).

GP
17-07-2011, 01:56 PM
John Malkovich is the best thing in Burn After Reading.

And naturally, in Being John Malkovich, which is brilliant.

John Malkovich :bow: (when he's in good films).

Johnny English :bow:

Master Splinter
17-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Johnny English :bow:

:haha:

A sequel is out this year.

Most unwanted sequel since Fanastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer?

Marc Overmars
18-07-2011, 04:35 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a329081/the-dark-knight-rises-gotham-falls-in-teaser-trailer-for-batman-sequel.html

Dark Knight teaser. :popcorn:

Master Splinter
18-07-2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2054374751994

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Very few shots from the new film though.

Some mong posted this fake trailer on Youtube over the weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16vzqgTfIs

:lol:

Kaiser
18-07-2011, 09:08 PM

That's one of the best fake trailers etc

Cripps_orig
18-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Watched The Expendables last night. Great action film. Can't wait for the 2nd one. Hope we see more of John McClane and Conan.Watching The Eye atm. Never seen it before. Jessica Alba is in it though and I've never seen her in a bad film so doubt this will be. Haven't seen anyone who knows a thing about films say a bad word about her films

Master Splinter
19-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Jessica Alba is in it though and I've never seen her in a bad film so doubt this will be. Haven't seen anyone who knows a thing about films say a bad word about her films

I looked at her filmography on IMDB and it is terrible. Only Sin City is decent.

Even the ones I haven't seen I can say with 99.27% certainty are rubbish.

She's also the worst thing in Sin City.

Possibly only Meg Ryan and Demi Moore have a worse list of films.

And maybe Ryan Reynolds. He is shit.

Boss
19-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Watched Pulp Fiction yesterday.

What a load of horseshite, tbh.

GP
19-07-2011, 08:31 AM

You like Wanted, though.

/your opinion

Letters
19-07-2011, 08:54 AM

What? :o

Cripps_orig
19-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Watching The Fast and the Furious. Not really a car fan but this is pretty good.2nd one was decent as well. Not seen the 3rd and didn't even know there was a 4th until the 5th came out which was as good as it gets.

Marc Overmars
19-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Going to see Harry Potter tomorrow night. :popcorn:

Also looking forward to that new comedy Horrible Bosses, has an interesting cast. Jennifer Aniston also slags it up which can only be good thing.

Master Splinter
20-07-2011, 06:11 PM
New Spider-Man trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ktw5lLCqe4&feature=player_embedded

Looks ok, but entirely pointless, considering it will only be ten years after Raimi's first Spider-Man. Also, the effects look no better than the 2002 film either.

Boss
20-07-2011, 08:11 PM
It's a remake of the first one?

What a waste of time... :unsure:

Marc Overmars
20-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Harry Potter. :bow:

It was pretty good. They could have put more effort into ageing them in the last scene though!

On another note, the 3D sucked.

Cripps_orig
20-07-2011, 11:52 PM
The Fighter :bow:Mark Wahlberg :bow:Christian Bale :bow:Amy Adams :bow:Expected it to be good. Didn't think it would be this good. Boxing films are pretty awesome

Cripps_orig
21-07-2011, 12:42 AM
There's a Fighter 2 in the works.Can't wait

bignev
21-07-2011, 12:41 PM

It was pretty good. They could have put more effort into ageing them in the last scene though!

Nail hit on head:)

Marc Overmars
21-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Must admit I did chuckle when Voldemort did that little jig and laugh. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
24-07-2011, 11:10 AM

agreed saw it yesterday 3d did suck you never really saw much.

Missed a few things out, which pissed me off but was well worth it i suppose

Ginny looked well fit when she was older tbh Not sure what esle they good have done to making them look older unless they used older actors, but you forget they were only 36 in the last scene so it was ok.

Jimmy Valmer
24-07-2011, 04:25 PM
bit old but I watched Blood Diamond last night - not a bad film dat.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Whos Jimmy Valmer and why is he a mod?

Marc Overmars
24-07-2011, 09:26 PM
The one and only CK.

Kaiser
25-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Saw Horrible Bosses. 6/10. Some laughs but most of them were from the trailer.

Cripps_orig
25-07-2011, 12:46 PM
The one and only CK.

Interesting

Back on topic, Captain America out this week. Another awesome Marvel film no doubt. They havent failed yet to make a good one.

Watched Grown Ups on DVD last night. Sandler, James and Rock :bow:

8/10

Watching Empire Of The Sun tonight.

Master Splinter
25-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Watching Empire Of The Sun tonight.

Excellent film.

Bale :bow:

But now I've said this, you obviously can't say it's good, because I have awful taste in films and therefore would be admitting I do not by agreeing with me.

The WUM's dilemma......... :popcorn:

Cripps_orig
25-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Tbf not everyone is wrong all the time.

Not even you.

Saying that, i have seen EOTS before although not for years and i cant remember what happens in it

Master Splinter
25-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Tbf not everyone is wrong all the time.

Tbf, Cripps and Ach are.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Tbf, Cripps and Ach are.

Just out of curiousity, who were you before the Master Splinter account back on the old board? You made that account on there in August/September 2010 but if you know me as Cripps, which i havent used for ages then its clear you were someone else.

Anyway back on topic

Watched Empire Of The Sun and it was very good. Bale :bow: Didnt realise Ben Stiller was in it as well :bow:

9/10

Also watched Hot Tub Time Machine. Some people have said its great, others have said its shit. I enjoyed it.

8/10

Tonight, its Rango and The Fourth Kind.

Havent seen either

Marc Overmars
26-07-2011, 04:17 PM
I liked Hot Tub Time Machine as well, I enjoyed it more than The Hangover.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I liked Hot Tub Time Machine as well, I enjoyed it more than The Hangover.

Oh for sure for sure.

Hangover was/is shit and HTTM is far better

Marc Overmars
26-07-2011, 04:22 PM
It was close because I could relate to both, having been boozing at ski resorts and also in Vegas, but I don't think you can top ski holidays tbh.

Master Splinter
26-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Just out of curiousity, who were you before the Master Splinter account back on the old board? You made that account on there in August/September 2010 but if you know me as Cripps, which i havent used for ages then its clear you were someone else.

I've seen people refer to you as Cripps since I joined. Before I joined, I used to browse here for live updates when I couldn't catch a game (GW Match Thread > > > BBC Live Text tbh) and remember you in constant arguments with ItsMe/Zimm/Arsene Wonga/Why Do People Keep Changing Their Names. That was obviously when you were, as you have confessed yourself, an annoyingly over-the-top optimistic WUM rather than the annoyingly over-the-top pessimistic WUM.

Letters
27-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Saw Horrible Bosses. 6/10. Some laughs but most of them were from the trailer.

Haven't seen the trailer. I saw it at the weekend. Started slowly but got better. Not brilliant but overall it was enjoyable and there are some funny moments.

Cripps_orig
27-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I've seen people refer to you as Cripps since I joined. Before I joined, I used to browse here for live updates when I couldn't catch a game (GW Match Thread > > > BBC Live Text tbh) and remember you in constant arguments with ItsMe/Zimm/Arsene Wonga/Why Do People Keep Changing Their Names. That was obviously when you were, as you have confessed yourself, an annoyingly over-the-top optimistic WUM rather than the annoyingly over-the-top pessimistic WUM.

Was never OTT optimistic likewise im not OTT pessimistic. I was realistic both times. We should do what GoonersWrold does when people want to change their names on there. They have to make a donation to get it changed. Made me laugh. Probably the reason i got banned. Stupid bitch.

Anyway watching The Game Plan tonight. Rock :bow:

Might also watch the Godfather. Depends on how late the Game Plan finishes cos GF is a 3 hour film

Marc Overmars
27-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I've never seen The Godfather.

There, I said it.

Cripps_orig
27-07-2011, 12:12 PM
I've never seen The Godfather.

There, I said it.

You hadnt seen Star Wars til recently and now this shocker?

Have you seen LOTR?

3 of the greatest trilogies of all time.

Always said you cant be a film fan unless you've seen all 3 trilogies

Marc Overmars
27-07-2011, 12:17 PM
I've seen LOTR.

Will get started on the Godfather at some point I'm sure. :good:

Master Splinter
27-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Star Wars is a bit shit compared to The Godfather and LOTR trilogies.

Fun, but amateurish in comparison in every respect.

Despite having Alec Guinness and Yoda.

Cripps_orig
27-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Cars :bow:

Pixar have done it again and yes i know it came out in 2006 but this is the first time ive seen it.

Seen 11 of the 12 pixar films, Cars 2 being the only one i havent.

10 of those 11 have been top quality. The other one was piss poor but i guess they were due a shocker but have more than made up for it since

Master Splinter
27-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Wall-E :bow:

Great film.

Equally as great as The Toy Story Trilogy and Up.

Cripps_orig
27-07-2011, 09:32 PM
This could be your worst shocker yet.Did you miss the first half of the film or something?

Master Splinter
28-07-2011, 04:36 PM
This could be your worst shocker yet.

Coming from the man who loves The Fantastic Four films and is a Boyzone and Westlife fan and thinks Nasri played centrally for most of last season, I take this as a humongous compliment.

Also, the mostly silent sections of Wall-E are wonderful and elevate the film to greatness.

Cripps_orig
28-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Coming from the man who loves The Fantastic Four films and is a Boyzone and Westlife fan and thinks Nasri played centrally for most of last season, I take this as a humongous compliment.

Also, the mostly silent sections of Wall-E are wonderful and elevate the film to greatness.

Oh dear.

Shockers never stop with you do they?

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Watching Phirana(2010) for the 1st time on Sky movies, worst movie ever thank feck i never saw this at the Cinema.

Marc Overmars
31-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Watching Phirana(2010) for the 1st time on Sky movies, worst movie ever thank feck i never saw this at the Cinema.

Yeah it's a bit poo, however it utilised 3D better than any of the half arsed cash in attempts we see every week now.

Plus you get to see Kelly Brook stark naked. Worth seeing just for that tbh.

Cripps_orig
31-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Just watched 12 Rounds.If Speed and Die Hard With A Vengeance had a kid, it would be 12 Rounds. John Cena :bow: Always been a fan

Mr.Singh
01-08-2011, 05:21 PM

Ach's a Boyzone and Westlife fan.....That shit gives me MAAAD CHILLSSS BROOO

Young Guns 11
01-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Potter has past the $1bn mark :bow:

Master Splinter
01-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Potter has past the $1bn mark :bow:

It won't go higher than $1.5bn. Huge drop-offs.

The Dark Knight Rises won't have the 3D boost, but should still have a shot at beating it. The Hobbit, unless it turns out to be complete shit, should also pass it.

Master Splinter
01-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Ach's a Boyzone and Westlife fan.....That shit gives me MAAAD CHILLSSS BROOO

You're a fan of boybands with token gay members in them?

GP
01-08-2011, 06:54 PM
It won't go higher than $1.5bn. Huge drop-offs.

The Dark Knight Rises won't have the 3D boost, but should still have a shot at beating it. The Hobbit, unless it turns out to be complete shit, should also pass it.

I was forced to read The Hobbit at school and I can confirm it is indeed a pile of shit.

Mr.Singh
01-08-2011, 07:04 PM
You're a fan of boybands with token gay members in them?

No no no no him liking a fag boyband gave me chills in the wrong sense....

Master Splinter
01-08-2011, 07:14 PM
No no no no him liking a fag boyband gave me chills in the wrong sense....

It gave you saaaaaaane chilllllllls broooooooo?

Master Splinter
01-08-2011, 07:15 PM
I was forced to read The Hobbit at school and I can confirm it is indeed a pile of shit.

You would be a good judge of shit, what with having to look at your face in the mirror regularly.

And your mum's.

Cripps_orig
01-08-2011, 07:23 PM
It won't go higher than $1.5bn. Huge drop-offs.The Dark Knight Rises won't have the 3D boost, but should still have a shot at beating it. The Hobbit, unless it turns out to be complete shit, should also pass it. 3D is BS tbh. Hardly makes a difference in the films I've seen. Also the new Batman and The Hobbit should be awesome. Couldn't give a toss which does better. Both are Must Watch. Hoping the Hobbit is as good as the book and a good prequel to the awesome LOTR trilogy

Master Splinter
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
3D is BS tbh. Hardly makes a difference in the films I've seen.

This is true.

But I meant in terms of it boosting the box-office performance by virtue of the premium you pay for tickets for the privilege of 3D.

LDG
03-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Got "The Linclon Lawyer" out last night. Pretty decent film.

Off to watch Potter with the lady at the weekend.

Where the fuck has my rock n roll edge fucked off to :(

McNamara That Ghost...
03-08-2011, 01:07 PM
It's down the pub in several pints of beer. :good:

LDG
03-08-2011, 01:15 PM
It's down the pub in several pints of beer. :good:

Then dammit, I'll just have to go and find it!! On Friday.

Grebbo
14-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Maybe it's because I went in with low expectations but I saw this today and thought it was utterly brilliant!

Cripps_orig
14-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Watching Once Upon A Time In America.Never heard of it. Good cast though.Nearly 4 hours long. I'm half hour in. Pretty shit so far. Hoping it improves

Master Splinter
15-08-2011, 03:55 AM
Watching Once Upon A Time In America.Never heard of it. Good cast though.Nearly 4 hours long. I'm half hour in. Pretty shit so far. Hoping it improves

:hug:

It is a very long and ponderous film. Not Leone's best, but still good.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2011, 03:30 PM
The Condemned.

Not bad, I like action movies where there's no arsing around, just kick the fuck out of each other and move on.

Vinnie Jones was cringe worthy though. When he breaks into the building where the crew is with a gun...some woman screams, so he shoouts "shut the fack up you ugly bitch!!" and shoots her. :lol:

Master Splinter
15-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Vinnie Jones was cringe worthy though. When he breaks into the building where the crew is with a gun...some woman screams, so he shoouts "shut the fack up you ugly bitch!!" and shoots her. :lol:

Sounds like the best film ever.

A Must Watch.

bignev
15-08-2011, 05:36 PM

Sounds like the best film ever.

A Must Watch.

It's basically Battle Royale with Americans.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2011, 07:49 PM
the inbetweeners out on wednesday.

cannot wait.

Letters
15-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Harry Potter

Pretty good. They've made a pretty good fist of adapting the book.
And at least once you can sort of see Hermione's tits. Ergo: Best film ever.

Master Splinter
15-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Harry Potter

Pretty good. They've made a pretty good fist of adapting the book.
And at least once you can sort of see Hermione's tits. Ergo: Best film ever.

Are you not like twice her age?

Old enough to be her Dad?

Perhaps even Grandad?

Sick fuck.

Letters
15-08-2011, 09:16 PM
She's older than most of LDG's girlfriends <_<

Master Splinter
15-08-2011, 09:19 PM
But he looks like Jeremy Kyle!

Cripps_orig
15-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Harry PotterPretty good. They've made a pretty good fist of adapting the book.And at least once you can sort of see Hermione's tits. Ergo: Best film ever. Will go watch this soon.Also Once Upon etc etc was long and a bit shit. It had its moments but I got bored. Watching Stone now

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Watch The Green Hornet last night. Enjoyed it. Not enough Cameron Diaz thoughWatching The Green Mile atm. One of the all time greats

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-08-2011, 11:20 PM
inbetweeners film is absolutely hilarious

very funny and the whole film has you in stitches

well worth a watch.

The Wengerbabies
19-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Captain America - decent enough 7/10

Tommy Lee Jones & Samuel L. Jackson :bow:

Chrissie
22-08-2011, 08:53 AM
inbetweeners film is absolutely hilarious

very funny and the whole film has you in stitches

well worth a watch.

Went to see it Saturday night. Really good belly laugh.

Master Splinter
22-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Really good belly laugh.

Are you Arshavin?

Cripps_orig
22-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Watched The Hurricane last night

Denzel :bow:

Although i kept humming this during it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxTw0g8F6Qk

Watching the Hurt Locker tonight

Letters
23-08-2011, 09:39 PM
"Rise of the Planet of the Apes"

Wasn't quite what I was expecting but really enjoyed it. Has a few references to the original Planet of The Apes movie.
Effects could be better at times, I don't think the technology is quite there yet to create completely convincing CG animals or humans, but overall very enjoyable.

Master Splinter
23-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Monkeys :bow:

Andy Serkis :bow:

Draco Malfoy chanelling Charlton Heston (:bow:) was a bit embarassing.

It was more of a drama about the disintegration of a once beautiful relationship than a powerful sci-fi/social commentary like the original. Some of the characterisation is also a bit two-dimensional at times. But still very enjoyable and better than most recent soulless blockbusters. They should also pretend the pointless Tim Burton remake never existed. And monkeys are fucking awesome.

Shame Bale didn't have a cameo though.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Just watched the Hurt Locker.Interesting to see a war film with a different take. Not the best war film I've seen but not bad overall7/10

Cripps_orig
27-08-2011, 02:13 AM
Also watched Planet Of The Apes recently, the one with Mark Wahlberg. Excellent film. The new one which looks good has a lot to live up to to be as good

Boss
27-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Watched Limitless, good entertainment apart from 5 minutes in the middle :sick:

Will be watching X-Men: First Class today.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2011, 08:32 AM
So many movies I need watch from this year. X-Men, Thor, Captain America and Green Lantern for a start. Followed by Transformers and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Then the lighter stuff like Horrible Bosses.

Might join Love Film when they start to come out. Anyone use them? Really good service according to my mate.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2011, 11:10 AM
So many movies I need watch from this year. X-Men, Thor, Captain America and Green Lantern for a start. Followed by Transformers and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Then the lighter stuff like Horrible Bosses.

Might join Love Film when they start to come out. Anyone use them? Really good service according to my mate.

Quality films there.

Will get them all on DVD when they are available

Boss
27-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Watched X-Men:First Class.

Quite impressed, decent movie and great acting from the main two.

Interested in the story etc now so will watch the others.

Kaiser
27-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Really want to see The Guard and Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aco15ScXCwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRsMLuCP8a0

Master Splinter
27-08-2011, 05:22 PM
The Guard's been out for ages. Might have been a limited release initially though.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy looks brilliant. What a cast :bow:.

Cripps_orig
01-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Just watched The Killer Inside Me

Jessica Alba :bow:

Never seen her in any film thats bad.

The violence in that film is fucked up.

The King Speech today, i am watching. Not sure what to make of this, i am. Bores the fuck out of me, Colin Firth does and i doubt Geoffrey Rush is as good in it as he is in the POTC films

Letters
01-09-2011, 07:54 PM
3D Tits

http://www.popbitch.com/home/2011/09/01/easily-the-best-3d-tits-weve-ever-seen/

Cripps_orig
02-09-2011, 10:16 AM
The Kings Speech6/10No violence, sex, action, explosions etc. Bit of a shocker tbh. However as far as incredibly stuffy dull films go, it was one of the better stuffy dull films

LDG
02-09-2011, 11:21 AM
3D Tits

http://www.popbitch.com/home/2011/09/01/easily-the-best-3d-tits-weve-ever-seen/

The clip that's on there is hilare!

Cripps_orig
02-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Watching The Last King of Scotland.Not expecting much. James McAvoy is arguably just a mini Colin Firth although unlike Firth he's appeared in quality films such as the first Narnia and the recent xmen. He was even in Wanted which is shite but twas something different to what he usually does so there's hope for him yet

Master Splinter
03-09-2011, 03:54 PM
McAvoy was good in Atonement and Inside I'm Dancing too, probably his best films.

I'm not sure if there's enough violence, sex, action, explosions etc. in them for you. There is sex and explosions in Atonement though.

Funnily, I agree with you about Firth. Although I liked The King's Speech, before this he was mainly remembered for being a generic bumbling/charming Englishman in mostly fluff pieces. Now he's the new Alec Guinness and Laurence Olivier overnight. British over-hyping at it's best. Just like football.

Maestro
03-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Thought Forest Whitaker should have won an oscar for his role as Idi Amin. He was Fantastic!

Watching The Last King of Scotland.Not expecting much. James McAvoy is arguably just a mini Colin Firth although unlike Firth he's appeared in quality films such as the first Narnia and the recent xmen. He was even in Wanted which is shite but twas something different to what he usually does so there's hope for him yet

Master Splinter
03-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Thought Forest Whitaker should have won an oscar for his role as Idi Amin. He was Fantastic!

He did.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2011, 04:18 PM
He did win an Oscar didnt he?

He was very good in the film. I actually liked the film

8/10

Watching The Last Samurai tonight

Tom Cruise :bow:

Maestro
03-09-2011, 04:31 PM
He did, true. A well deserved award, and yes very good film ..really liked it.

Contemplating watching ESPN Ringside Mike Tyson feature .....only one problem

...it is fuckin 6 hours long :faint:

Thuggery OD tbh

Xhaka Can’t
09-09-2011, 08:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1oNNv.jpg

GP
09-09-2011, 08:41 PM

Coney
10-09-2011, 12:55 PM
A boner?

Marc Overmars
11-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Thor. :bow:

Another good'un from Marvel. Leading up nicely to The Avengers next year.

Master Splinter
11-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Thor. :bow:

Another good'un from Marvel. Leading up nicely to The Avengers next year.

Thor was good fun.

As was Captain America.

Joss Whedon is directing The Avengers, so it's certain to be good.

Marc Overmars
11-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Next year should be pretty good with The Avengers and the Spiderman reboot.

Then of course the main event, The Dark Knight Rises.

Master Splinter
11-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Spider-Man looks a bit shit so far tbf.

Syn
11-09-2011, 04:36 PM
I'll tell you a good film - the new Planet of the Apes. Gareth Bale was superb. Probably the film of the year.

I don't generally go for these sort of film because I have this irritating tendency to say "well that's unrealistic..." for scripts that were obviously not designed to be realistic. Synicism imho.

Young Guns 11
11-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Thor was good fun.

As was Captain America.

Joss Whedon is directing The Avengers, so it's certain to be good.

Captain America was horseshite

Master Splinter
11-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Captain America was horseshite

I take horseshite to mean Saturday-morning-cartoon-like, harmless, silly, old-fashioned, enjoyable nonsense?

I'll use that in future.

Cripps_orig
11-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Not seen Captain America yet.

Looking forward to it.

Likewise with the monkey film although has a lot to live up to with the previous film being so good and im talking about Wahlbergs one not the shite ass pub teamer Heston one

Master Splinter
11-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Likewise with the monkey film although has a lot to live up to with the previous film being so good and im talking about Wahlbergs one not the shite ass pub teamer Heston one

Terrible.

2/10.

Cripps_orig
11-09-2011, 08:41 PM
I havent actually seen the Heston one but Wahlbergs one was pretty awesome tbh

Realised i dont have the 3rd Mummy film on DVD or Scorpion King.

Must Gets. Never seen the former and the Rock is in the latter so bound to be awesome.

Watching The Naked Gun tonight

Master Splinter
11-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Heston is in the first two Apes films, technically. The original is the only genuine classic. The sequels were cult-ish classics. Odd, but fun.

The less said about Tim Burton's, the better. He never really recovered from that (apart from Sweeney Todd).

Mummy 3 was utterly pointless, especially without Rachel Weisz, Arnold Vosloo and that awesome Arabian guy.

Scorpion King should have gone straight to Laserdisc.

Naked Gun :bow:.

Cripps_orig
11-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Havent seen Sweeney Todd either.

Alice In Wonderland was pretty good though.

Probably the reason i havent got the 3rd one on DVD tbh. Bit of a shocker not to have the main actress and the Arabian dude in it although expected Imhotep not to be in it as he died in the 2nd one with no chance of resurrection.

The Scorpion King is an evil dude in Mummy Returns so why is he a good guy in his own film?

Might watch all 3 Naked Guns tonight

Depends on the tennis

Master Splinter
11-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Cliff Robertson, Uncle Ben in Spider-Man, has died at the age of 88.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14869693

:rose:

Cripps_orig
11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Best role he had tbh

RIP :rose:

Cripps_orig
11-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Next year should be pretty good with The Avengers and the Spiderman reboot.

Then of course the main event, The Dark Knight Rises.

Hobbit is also out :dance:

Hope its as good as the book.

Likewise with Breaking Dawn Part 2 :dance:

Marc Overmars
11-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Forgot about the Hobbit. Should be good.

What's Breaking Dawn Part 2?

Cripps_orig
11-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Forgot about the Hobbit. Should be good.

What's Breaking Dawn Part 2?

4th Twilight film

Part 1 is out this winter.

Again, the book was awesome

Marc Overmars
11-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Never seen those films tbh.

Might watch World Trade Center on CH4 in a bit. I'm recording it anyway in case I cba.

Cripps_orig
11-09-2011, 09:36 PM
I hasnt watched the Twilight films either til recently but i read the books which were very good so had to watch the films to compare.

Pretty much did the same with the Potter books.

Never seen any of the 9/11 films. Would upset me too much

Master Splinter
11-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Twilight (the first one) was terrible.

Truly awful.

GP
11-09-2011, 09:57 PM

Truly awful.

Vampires are only supposed to suck blood...

Cripps_orig
11-09-2011, 10:25 PM

Truly awful.

New Moon was better. Eclipse was better than both so with that process, Breaking Dawn should be better than all 3

Cripps_orig
12-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Naked Gun :bow:

The Baseball scene :bow:

Letters
12-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Inbetweeners Movie

Some of the Neil moments are just hilarious :lol:

Thierrymon
12-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Inbetweeners Movie

Some of the Neil moments are just hilarious :lol:

Its good then? I was hoping it would get a local release here but seems likely. Will have to search online i guess.

Letters
13-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Well, it's not great cinema but it's childish and funny like the series are.
Worked for me :d

fakeyank
13-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Shawshank Redemption- best movie of all time

Cripps_orig
14-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Just got Pirates Of The Caribbean 4. Hoping its as good as the other 3. No Orlando or more importantly no Keira. Still expecting it to be good.Also got Insiduous. Never heard of it and never heard of the cast. Cousin said its good though

Master Splinter
15-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Just got Pirates Of The Caribbean 4. Hoping its as good as the other 3. No Orlando or more importantly no Keira. Still expecting it to be good.Also got Insiduous. Never heard of it and never heard of the cast. Cousin said its good though

Pirates 4 is shit, just like the second and third films. As cynical, cheap and worthless as summer blockbusters get. Johnny Depp :doh: for allowing this awfulness to continue and ruining his previously good track record.

Insidious was surprisingly enjoyable. I wrote something about it here or Old GW. It's a pretty straightforward haunted house/boy horror film but with effective shocks. It's like Poltergeist, but with a constantly creepy atmosphere. It's by the same team who did the first Saw, which was also good.

Patrick Wilson, who plays the Dad, was in Watchmen, Lakeview Terrace and The A-Team. Rose Byrne was in X-Men: First Class (as the strangely non-Scottish Moira MacTaggert), Troy and that ridiculous Knowing film with Nicholas Cage.

Is Cousin a regular poster here?

Cripps_orig
16-09-2011, 01:00 AM
Watching Insidious. Coming towards the end of the film. Pretty good. One of those freaky ass films like Paranormal Activity, The Fourth Kind etc. Won't be able to sleep now :(Watched POTC 4 earlier. Nowhere near as good as the other 3 although Cruz and the mermaid bint made up for eye candy. Hoping there are no more.

Xhaka Can’t
17-09-2011, 09:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/KaptinGimpy/icchFnjdsgDEx.gif

Master Splinter
18-09-2011, 05:54 PM
The Lion King back on top after seventeen years :bow:.

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Didn't see it on the big screen upon it's original release. Hopefully they show it in non-3D when it comes out here in a few weeks. 3D seems even more pointless for glorious 2D hand-drawn animation.

Marc Overmars
18-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Four Lions. :lol:

Pretty good.

GP
18-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Four Lions. :lol:

Pretty good.

Rubber Dinghy Rapids!

Master Splinter
19-09-2011, 02:11 AM
Four Lions was disappointing.

A few good jokes/ideas padded out into a film which ran out of steam about half way through.

Xhaka Can’t
19-09-2011, 05:25 PM
http://cdn.thenextweb.com/shareables/files/2010/01/16103_full.jpg

Master Splinter
19-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah, Avatar was a bit rubbish.

Cripps_orig
19-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Never seen Pocahontas.

Only seen Avatar the once when i first got it on DVD ages ago.

Good film though

Sam Worthington is arguably the best in the business right now.

Not seen him in anything bad. Clash of the titans, Terminator Salvation etc. All excellent

Cripps_orig
19-09-2011, 07:33 PM
The Lion King back on top after seventeen years :bow:.

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Didn't see it on the big screen upon it's original release. Hopefully they show it in non-3D when it comes out here in a few weeks. 3D seems even more pointless for glorious 2D hand-drawn animation.

2nd best disney film of all time

Master Splinter
19-09-2011, 08:21 PM
2nd best disney film of all time

Wall-E your favourite?

Good choice tbf.

Marc Overmars
19-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Aladdin is the best Disney film IMO. Well, of the old school ones before Pixar came along with Toy Story.

The Lion King is not far behind though.

Disney is awesome tbh.

Magic Kingdom. :bow:

Cripps_orig
19-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Wall-E your favourite?Good choice tbf. I don't include the Pixar films when I mention Disney films.Number 1 for me is Beauty And The Beast. Aladdin comes in 3rd.

Master Splinter
20-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Some of the late 80s and 90s (up to Mulan) Disney films are great, but the masterpieces from the original golden period are just that slight level above.

Snow White, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Dumbo, Lady And The Tramp, 101 Dalmations and others from the same period were amazing for just their animation. Like Pixar today, you'd see a different style in virtually every film. And even though a lot of the stories could be seen as butcherings of folk tales and classic childrens' books, it didn't really matter when they all came together in an incredible whole, which are still unsurpassed today (outside of Studio Ghibli's work).

The best ones - Snow White, Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty And The Beast, The Lion King - all have quite multi-layered stories too and a sense of menace, which not only appeals to all ages but most studios today forget is what all the classic kids stories/films need.

GP
20-09-2011, 08:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiHCcz5HVLo

GP
20-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Monsters Inc. is the best one, btw.

Master Splinter
21-09-2011, 04:42 AM
Monsters Inc. is the best one, btw.

Pixar, tbf.

Master Splinter
21-09-2011, 04:50 AM
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was a slight disappointment. I didn't think it would be a James Bond film, but I also didn't expect it to be slower-paced than the offspring of a tortoise and a snail.

I haven't seen the original TV adaptation, but it does seem like a narrative that would be better suited to an episodic structure to allow all the little details to develop and sink in.

Despite this, it had a great style and good performances from Gary Oldman, Mark Strong and Bendedict Cumberbatch especially.

Accept it for what it is and it's a well-made - but not always involving or exciting - film.

Cripps_orig
22-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Attack The Block :bow:Great film.

Cripps_orig
26-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Just bought 16 DVDs

Havent seen 9 of them so looking forward to watching them

Xhaka Can’t
26-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Just bought 16 DVDs

Havent seen 9 of them so looking forward to watching them

Aaaah, 'The Lovers Guide' series.

Letters
26-09-2011, 08:19 PM

*puts on wedding list*

Oh also "Hot Tub Time Machine"
Very silly and funny in parts.

Cripps_orig
26-09-2011, 08:31 PM
9 i havent seen

127 hours - True story and im a big fan of them so this was a must get tbh
Brooklyns Finest - Never heard of it. Saw it in the shop. Had a good cast and was cheap.
Fantastic Mr Fox - Love the book
IP Man - Apparently rated as one of the best kung fu films ever. We'll see
Mystic River - Always wanted to watch this. Never got the chance.
Paul - For the cast
The Adjustment Bureau - Matt Damons in it. Nuff said.
True Grit - See above
F&F Tokyo Drift - Got the other 4, might as well get this one

7 ive seen

Armageddon - One of the all time greats
Braveheart - Best ending for a film ever seen
Face/Off - Cage and Travolta in their prime
Liar Liar - Carey :bow:
The Truman Show - See above
Thor - Its Marvel and they are as good as it get.
F&F 2 - Got the other 4 so might as well get this one

Cripps_orig
26-09-2011, 08:36 PM

For all the 487 dvds i have, i dont actually have any porn.

Might need to get a couple off the net. Any reccomendations?

Xhaka Can’t
26-09-2011, 09:03 PM
The Lovers Guide isn't porn.

It's educational. :ninja:

Marc Overmars
26-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Got Transformers 3, X-Men First Class and Green Lantern ready to watch at some point this week. :popcorn:

mandela
27-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Braveheart - Best ending for a film ever seen

You do realise that Braveheart ends at the battle of Bannockburn where Scotland defeat a massively bigger engl*sh army to win their freedon and realise Wallace' aspiration?

Other than that, you're list is fuckin' ridiculous are frankly embarrassing for a grown 'man'.

Letters
27-09-2011, 06:48 AM
As is not knowing the difference between "you're" and "your".

:coffee:

Japan Shaking All Over
27-09-2011, 09:40 AM
:laugh: sharp Letters. . . .a sense a new you emerging with your engagement. . . can see us mere humans are going to have to be careful from now on

Japan Shaking All Over
27-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Has anyone seen that Exocist looking movie starring Hopkins?
is it like well scary,
I have enough trouble sleeping with the lights off already. . . .dont know whats up with me, but the wife is in hospital and I need at least one light on hahaha sound like a right nuffta

Master Splinter
27-09-2011, 04:33 PM
That looked pretty generic from the trailers. What was the last good film Hopkins was actually in? He has lower standards than even Samuel L. Jackson and De Niro now.

Are you not a fan of scary films? Or do you like watching them even though you know they will scare the shit out of you? If so, Insidious was a pretty good recent one.

cd78
30-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Has anyone seen that Exocist looking movie starring Hopkins?
is it like well scary,
I have enough trouble sleeping with the lights off already. . . .dont know whats up with me, but the wife is in hospital and I need at least one light on hahaha sound like a right nuffta

Yeah seen the one you are talking about, cant remember name but it was ok. Based on a actual events too, obviously played up for the film.

Cripps_orig
30-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Watching BraveheartSubtitles :bow:Without them, I wouldn't understand a word. Jocks should really make their own language up really and call it Retardish or something cos its hilarious hearing them speak English

Marc Overmars
04-10-2011, 01:20 PM
X-Men: First Class. :bow:

Best one yet tbh. Wasn't the biggest fan of the original 3, thought Wolverine was ok but I really enjoyed this one.

Flavs
04-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Season of the witch = Fail

Master Splinter
04-10-2011, 02:27 PM
X-Men: First Class. :bow:

Best one yet tbh. Wasn't the biggest fan of the original 3, thought Wolverine was ok but I really enjoyed this one.

X-Men 2 was by far the best. Then X-Men 1.

The others are a bit meh (First Class) or verging on terrible (3 and Wolverine).

Basically, bring Bryan Singer back.

Master Splinter
04-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Season of the witch = Fail

Nicholas Cage in a poor film? :faint:

Ollie the Optimist
04-10-2011, 04:45 PM
cant wait for johnny english :dance:

Cripps_orig
04-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Fantastic Mr Fox :bow:Much better than I thought it would be.

Boss
04-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Paul.

Quite entertaining tbf.

Cripps_orig
04-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Watching IP Man tonight

Flavs
05-10-2011, 07:34 AM
X-Men 2 was by far the best. Then X-Men 1.

The others are a bit meh (First Class) or verging on terrible (3 and Wolverine).

Basically, bring Bryan Singer back.

Tis weird cos i like Wolverine the best out of all of them :shrug:

Master Splinter
05-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Tis weird cos i like Wolverine the best out of all of them :shrug:

Perhaps you're weird?

The characters and rushed plots of X-Men 3 and Wolverine are all over the place. It turned from an intelligent adaptation of the comics/cartoons into a big dumb generic action blockbuster. Plus Vinnie Jones was in the third one. You can't come back from that.

Even if you just judge them as singular films, without prior knowledge of the material, the difference in the quality of the script and the general tone is evident. It's like Batman Forever and Batman and Robin versus Tim Burton's vastly superior original two.

LDG
05-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Watched "Attack The Block" the other night.

Quite amusing.

Master Splinter
08-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Drive was rather good.

It's a simple story, done quite a few times before, but the execution just elevates it to a higher level than the average action/revenge thriller. The sense of style and the strange atmosphere, helped by the music, gives it a unique feel. Ryan Gosling is great, as he is in his most films. The sudden jolts of extreme violence are pretty brutal, but are appropriate for the character.

It has elements of films like A History Of Violence, Taxi Driver, Clint Eastwood westerns and various other ice cold, taut, revenge westerns. Recommended if you're a fan of those.

Ollie the Optimist
08-10-2011, 09:10 PM
watched johnny english reborn today. its a shit film but there were many laugh out loud moments, it was a really enjoyable film to see.

Cripps_orig
08-10-2011, 09:18 PM
watched johnny english reborn today. its a shit film but there were many laugh out loud moments, it was a really enjoyable film to see.

Ok then :unsure:

Master Splinter
09-10-2011, 07:40 AM

GP
09-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Watched a movie called The Babysitters.

Pretty fucked up, tbh :lol:

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Mystic River

Pretty good

8/10

Always been a fan of Tim Robbins and Kevin Bacon

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Watching Paul tonight.

Also Senna is out on DVD tomorrow i think. Any good? Not the biggest of F1 fans anymore as its a bit shit with all the rule changes etc but back when Senna ruled the roost, i followed it then. Back then winner got 10 points, 2nd got 6, 3rd 4, 4th 3 and so on up to 6th.

These days, you get like 50 points a win so its awful

F1 :haha:

Letters
09-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Quite enjoyed Paul.

Watching Groundhog Day at the moment.

Bing!

GP
09-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Watched "Attack The Block" the other night.

Quite amusing.

True dat blud

Marc Overmars
09-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Rush Hour. :haha:

Love this.

Syn
10-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Contagion looks watchable.

Out in 10 days or so.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598778/

dazthegooner
10-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Will probably watch the Zookeeper later.

Cripps_orig
10-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Paul

Pretty good. Not as good as Shaun Of The Dead or Hot Fuzz but on its own right, its a shit but an enjoyable film to watch

Watching The Adjustment Bureau tonight

Olivier's xmas twist
10-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Ok then :unsure:

:bow: ACH

Ollie :pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
10-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Watched Sweeny todd yesterday thought it was really good tbh 8/10

Master Splinter
10-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Paul

Pretty good. Not as good as Shaun Of The Dead or Hot Fuzz but on its own right, its a shit but an enjoyable film to watch

Watching The Adjustment Bureau tonight

Master Splinter
10-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Watched Sweenit todd yesterday thought it was really good tbh 8/10

Sweenit Todd?

You should probably edit this before Ollie retaliates with his own :pal:.

And yeah, Sweeney Todd is Burton's best film since Ed Wood. Although Sleepy Hollow and Big Fish were pretty good too.