PDA

View Full Version : Ramsey= Denilson MKII

server too busy!
08-05-2012, 08:15 AM
What on earth has happened to Ramsey, not only is slow and laboured on the ball but he can't do anything well outside of a sideways pass.

To top it all off, he has that horrible trait that Denilson got berated for, the fucker jogs back when there is an attack going on. I rememeber a particular incident where a Norwich player was 1-1 with Vermaelen and he could've been no more than a few meters from the play but was practically walking towards them. This is where we've missed Arteta and the reason we've struggled so badly without him, outside of Song we have no one to help the defence and time and again they'll be left exposed. Until Ramsey is dropped we're going to struggle big time, thank god there is only one game left.

Flavs
08-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Your face is Denilson MKII

Syn
08-05-2012, 08:51 AM
He should've been nowhere near the team right now. His confidence was shot a long time ago and persisting with him just made it worse and worse. He has certainly been the season's biggest disappointment. But I think he has got talent and I'm willing to remain patient with him a while longer. Let him have a full pre-season (maybe a jog out at the Olympics), and hopefully he can settle down. This is where Wenger should earn his money - he needs to have a word with him.

It's easy to write someone off; he's 21 years old and missed a year of development when he was starting to establish himself in the first team. There's no fixed timescale to get back on track - it could've taken a few months, it might never happen. If it doesn't happen by the end of next season, it's unfortunate but we need to move on and he'll need to find a new club. But I'm willing to give him a chance. Obviously he shouldn't be playing right now but I hope he's in better shape (particularly mentally) next season.

Globalgunner
08-05-2012, 08:51 AM
The boy is unadulterated crap. so slow he makes treacle look like rum. Wenger will play him again against West Brom in a game we must win because again we have a one eyed cockerel as a manager. There is so much rubbish in this squad overall, its no wonder we cant win anything.

Flavs
08-05-2012, 09:09 AM
The boy is unadulterated crap. so slow he makes treacle look like rum. Wenger will play him again against West Brom in a game we must win because again we have a one eyed cockerel as a manager. There is so much rubbish in this squad overall, its no wonder we cant win anything.

Chin up Goth

:console:

Kano
08-05-2012, 10:05 AM
i think the best thing to do would be to boo or jeer the boy when he gets on the ball, that will definitely help

IBK
08-05-2012, 10:23 AM
My problem with Ramsey is that neither he nor the manager seems to know what he is. Is he an attacking/box-to-box/defensive or passing MF? He does not appear to have any particular strength - and its easy to conclude that he is jack of all trades and master of none. Which is the reason for the comparison with Denilson, I guess.

Added to which he is one of our large band of players (along with Arshavin; Chamakh; Vermaelen; Song; Gervinho) for whom playing for Arsenal seems to be like cryptonite to Superman, and its easy to see why people are disappointed in Ramsey.

GP
08-05-2012, 10:36 AM
No, this is Patrick.

DJ Philosophe
08-05-2012, 11:21 AM
He should've been nowhere near the team right now. His confidence was shot a long time ago and persisting with him just made it worse and worse. He has certainly been the season's biggest disappointment. But I think he has got talent and I'm willing to remain patient with him a while longer. Let him have a full pre-season (maybe a jog out at the Olympics), and hopefully he can settle down. This is where Wenger should earn his money - he needs to have a word with him.

It's easy to write someone off; he's 21 years old and missed a year of development when he was starting to establish himself in the first team. There's no fixed timescale to get back on track - it could've taken a few months, it might never happen. If it doesn't happen by the end of next season, it's unfortunate but we need to move on and he'll need to find a new club. But I'm willing to give him a chance. Obviously he shouldn't be playing right now but I hope he's in better shape (particularly mentally) next season.

Couldn't have said it better. Nothing wrong with him, just needs a couple good games and some goals and he'll be alright. Try having your leg snapped in two by an oaf and see how it affects your game. Long term injuries can make you over-think your game due to all the footy watching, which I personally feel is what is happening to Ramsey now. Look how long it took Rosicky to get back to form, we all thought he was done and dusted....but looks to vital to us IMO now. Just sayin...

server too busy!
08-05-2012, 11:32 AM
So because he had his leg broken he can walk back when other teams attack and not put in 100% effort. He's had a whole season to get over that break its not his first couple of games back. Rosicky suffered because he kept having little niggly injuries. How have players like Valencia, Sagna and Ben Arfa managed it? They had their legs broken....

Marc Overmars
08-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I hope the M'Vila rumours are true because that should hopefully kill Ramsey.

GP
08-05-2012, 12:13 PM
I hope the M'Vila rumours are true because that should hopefully kill Ramsey.

Ramsey will score against WBA and literally kill M'Vila

Master Splinter
08-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Ramsey scoring :lol:.

DJ Philosophe
08-05-2012, 02:30 PM
So because he had his leg broken he can walk back when other teams attack and not put in 100% effort. He's had a whole season to get over that break its not his first couple of games back. Rosicky suffered because he kept having little niggly injuries. How have players like Valencia, Sagna and Ben Arfa managed it? They had their legs broken....

Is that what I said?!? No. He is out of form I agree and needs to work a shit ton harder to track men through the midfield. Just think he's worth keeping as he's got a good attitude and could easily be a squad player for us. As far the leg break goes, lets talk about Diaby instead of Ramsey. Ramsey made a comeback and has been decent until recently to me. Diaby on the other hand is damaged goods and needs to move on for a replacement.

Not sure M'Vila is the answer though. Though I'd welcome him as Diaby's replacement. He's got pace, strength and defensive qualities but I'm not sold on his decision making and passing. Maybe AW can fix that though through training. Watched him yesterday against Montpellier and he looked average, maybe just an off day. Made a few good passes and tackles but nothing special. That was only Ligue 1 can't imagine how invisible he would be in the BPL. I would much prefer Moussa Sissoko from Toulouse as he has an incredible engine and is quite technical as well. And would probably cost significantly less...just my humble opinion.

Kano
08-05-2012, 02:53 PM

ramsey has been one of the hardest working players all season and i think their broken legs were a little less dramatic than this lads...

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2012, 03:02 PM
ramsey has been one of the hardest working players all season and i think their broken legs were a little less dramatic than this lads...

True, he's worked very hard to be ineffective.

Özil's Panoramic View
08-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Is that what I said?!? No. He is out of form I agree and needs to work a shit ton harder to track men through the midfield. Just think he's worth keeping as he's got a good attitude and could easily be a squad player for us. As far the leg break goes, lets talk about Diaby instead of Ramsey. Ramsey made a comeback and has been decent until recently to me. Diaby on the other hand is damaged goods and needs to move on for a replacement.

Not sure M'Vila is the answer though. Though I'd welcome him as Diaby's replacement. He's got pace, strength and defensive qualities but I'm not sold on his decision making and passing. Maybe AW can fix that though through training. Watched him yesterday against Montpellier and he looked average, maybe just an off day. Made a few good passes and tackles but nothing special. That was only Ligue 1 can't imagine how invisible he would be in the BPL. I would much prefer Moussa Sissoko from Toulouse as he has an incredible engine and is quite technical as well. And would probably cost significantly less...just my humble opinion.

:haha:

Kano
08-05-2012, 03:10 PM
just to clarify, by feb ramsey had covered 148.6 miles - the 8th highest in the prem

Power n Glory
08-05-2012, 03:56 PM
just to clarify, by feb ramsey had covered 148.6 miles - the 8th highest in the prem

That’s exactly why our defence is exposed. He runs all over the place and has no sense of positioning or discipline. It leaves huge gaps in the middle and it’s energy wasted.

To top it off, we have Vermaelen and our full backs bombing forward....no discipline and Wenger needs to teach these guys about positioning and effective pressing. It’s exactly why we need more experienced players in our squad because he can’t see for shit. I don’t think Arteta has been told to curb his attacking instincts, he can just see that it’s required when playing in this team because players are so reckless when attacking.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Running around like a headless chicken. :bow:

A classic GHEL trait which Ramsey has in abundance.

GP
08-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Running around like a headless chicken. :bow:

A classic GHEL trait which Ramsey has in abundance.

That's basically all Parker does and he was nominated for PotS.

Master Splinter
08-05-2012, 04:11 PM
That's basically all Parker does and he was nominated for PotS.

Field Marshal Parker has heroic hair though.

Power n Glory
08-05-2012, 04:18 PM
This is bad coaching and someone has to sit him down and show him where he’s going wrong. I remember Flamini was a headless chicken at one point but he managed to sort his game out. I don’t think it’s beyond Ramsey to get better he just needs some guidance. I know Wenger doesn’t like to tell players what to do and bark instructions but someone has to tell the kid where he’s going wrong and show him how to play.

Syn
08-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I agree that someone needs to have a word with him but not about what he's doing wrong on the pitch - more about telling him to calm the fuck down and stop panicking. Nobody should have to tell him to stop dwelling on the ball until he's tackled, or to stop trying stupid little flicks when you've got the ball in a good position. He surely knows that. But at the moment, his confidence is low and he freezes up into making those mistakes at a higher and higher rate.

A half-season on loan wouldn't be a bad idea from August.

Syn
08-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Thinking more about it - that's definitely what we should do. Send him on loan. But not to Southampton or Bolton or some shit like that. Send him to Real Ibiza. He needs to play for a team (and a style) similar to a tippy-tappy with the handbrake on with little bit left in the tank. And he can do that in Spain.

I don't know why we didn't do that with Walcott. We should do that with all our British youngsters. Send him on a 6 month boot camp where they'll get ridiculed by the technically superior Spanish. Chuck them into the deep-end. Tell them to sink or swim. Tell Theo to pass his way out of the country.

The whole point of sending players on loan here is that they get used to the English league. But we know Ramsey's a pub teamer. He was set to become a rugby player before he settled for a wrong career choice. Let him make his mistakes in Spain avec grease.

Injury Time
08-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Uhuh .6 of it of any use*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc2To-pKMSg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

* yes I'm sure he'll make it .7 as he's subbed for Ox again

Kano
08-05-2012, 07:20 PM
That’s exactly why our defence is exposed. He runs all over the place and has no sense of positioning or discipline. It leaves huge gaps in the middle and it’s energy wasted.

To top it off, we have Vermaelen and our full backs bombing forward....no discipline and Wenger needs to teach these guys about positioning and effective pressing. It’s exactly why we need more experienced players in our squad because he can’t see for shit. I don’t think Arteta has been told to curb his attacking instincts, he can just see that it’s required when playing in this team because players are so reckless when attacking.

of course we need to defend from the front but its a bit silly to offer the spearhead of our midfield, ramsey, up as the first example of why our defence loses its head.

verm? couldn't agree more. both him and kos are to cavalier taking it in turns to bomb forward and that is why we need merts back in the starting eleven to anchor the defence instead of using last ditch recovery pace all of the time to get out of jail. arteta's start position in the team indicates his role is to play deeper and curb his attacking instincts and boy do we miss him atm.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2012, 08:36 PM

Only because they wouldn't let him on the bus for the away matches.

fakeyank
08-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Only because they wouldn't let him on the bus for the away matches.

:haha:

I literally burst out laughing in the middle of a meeting. Asshole :angry:

Power n Glory
08-05-2012, 10:35 PM
of course we need to defend from the front but its a bit silly to offer the spearhead of our midfield, ramsey, up as the first example of why our defence loses its head.

verm? couldn't agree more. both him and kos are to cavalier taking it in turns to bomb forward and that is why we need merts back in the starting eleven to anchor the defence instead of using last ditch recovery pace all of the time to get out of jail. arteta's start position in the team indicates his role is to play deeper and curb his attacking instincts and boy do we miss him atm.

It doesn't matter where he plays, he still has to show some positional awareness. There is a reason why he's not scoring many goals. He doesn't know how to time his runs to arrive late in the box for starters. For a guy that isn't playing a playmaker role, he should be able to ghost his way into the box and find himself in space unmarked like how Lampard does. There is a reason why he's not playing a pivotal role like how Wilshere does. His movements too erratic. Wilshere works his socks off and makes up a lot of ground but he'a always getting important touches on the ball. Ramsey doesn't and it's because he's floating all over the pitch.

His positioning and awareness means he's just as ineffective on attack as he is on defence and as he's taking on Arteta's role, he's left us badly exposed. Norwich were able to carve right through us. The three central players have to lead the way when it comes to pressing and harrying playere off the ball. Look at Rosicky. Plays the spearhead role but when teamed up with Arteta and Song, he works his socks off effectively and shows discipline.

Kano
08-05-2012, 10:58 PM
i don't disagree with you in the main there but ramsey would not be my first reference point when talking about our defensive problems.

from what i can recall he repeatedly gets himself into good goal scoring opportunities but fluffs the chances so i don't think his timing, to the second ball in particular, is that bad. composure and as you say awareness of what is going on around him will improve his game no end and with his work ethic i see no reason why he won't get over this hump in his development - everyone has them.