PDA

View Full Version : TO THOSE OF YOU WHO STILL THINK WENGER IS THE RIGHT MANAGER FOR US

jelgoon
11-05-2012, 11:25 PM
At his press conference today when asked if he will be quick to deal with RVP’s case to avoid last year's pre-season debacle Wenger said this:

“Learn the lesson from what?

“There again you forget that I’m quite keen one day to speak about that, to make you change your mind, that we didn’t make big mistakes, that we did quite well. But the difference is that we do not master necessarily always the pace of things.

“You need to be three. And three to agree. Sometimes, the tactic of the opponent is linked to wait by thinking they get you by buying time.

“So if you don’t give in, you will have to take time, especially when you are linked with different championships like Spain who start end of August, beginning of September. They have time.”

I think he needs a long holiday.

fakeyank
11-05-2012, 11:42 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/10/27/article-1324328-0BCC3163000005DC-996_634x420.jpg

Niall_Quinn
12-05-2012, 12:07 AM
At his press conference today when asked if he will be quick to deal with RVP’s case to avoid last year's pre-season debacle Wenger said this:

“Learn the lesson from what?

“There again you forget that I’m quite keen one day to speak about that, to make you change your mind, that we didn’t make big mistakes, that we did quite well. But the difference is that we do not master necessarily always the pace of things.

“You need to be three. And three to agree. Sometimes, the tactic of the opponent is linked to wait by thinking they get you by buying time.

“So if you don’t give in, you will have to take time, especially when you are linked with different championships like Spain who start end of August, beginning of September. They have time.”

I think he needs a long holiday.

He's basically saying agents are the maggots that swarm within the produce of a cow's evacuated bowel and they deserve to be tortured with a blowtorch and then beaten to death with a claw hammer.

He's right.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-05-2012, 09:54 AM
He's basically saying agents are the maggots that swarm within the produce of a cow's evacuated bowel and they deserve to be tortured with a blowtorch and then beaten to death with a claw hammer.

He's right.

:gp:

Nice to see an article that has nothing new to it though and no links.

Coney
12-05-2012, 10:48 AM

He's right.

:good: Amazing how many people blame Wenger for not being in control of the entire universe. Even Fergie does not wield that much power (though he could probably get the universe to last an extra 10 minutes.)

Syn
12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
There he goes again with his "I can write a book about last summer"...well fucking do it then. Wenger clearly feels like he has been shafted - and I'm inclined to believe him. But as long as he keeps his mouth shut these "one day I will speak about it" threats don't mean anything.

The situation is this: He feels like he has been fucked over and because the club are stuffing enough money in his mouth (which he would be quick to remind everyone - he is making for the club), he's staying quiet. Sell out.

Power n Glory
12-05-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't think it's that big a secret. Wenger wanted to keep a player that was unhappy and risk losing another on a free transfer. It seems as if he sees no mistakes or flaw in his logic and that's what's worrying. We're in a similar situation with two other players this season and i have the feeling he'd argue for us to keep them regardless or their contract situation like he did with Cesc and Nasri last summer. Maybe he feels if we'd have kept them, our season wouldn't have been such a disaster.

jelgoon
12-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Well Im obviously in the minority here cos I havent got a clue what Wenger is on about. I still think he needs a long rest (preferably merging into retiredment).And Coney, he is the manager and should be in control of his own club. The fact is that everyone knew Fabregas was going to leave so we are talking about one player leaving unexpectedly ( Nasri). Wenger wasnt going to buy anyone at all until we made our shit start and he then went out and panic bought five players. What explanation is there for that. None in my book.

137288]There he goes again with his "I can write a book about last summer"...well fucking do it then. Wenger clearly feels like he has been shafted - and I'm inclined to believe him. But as long as he keeps his mouth shut these "one day I will speak about it" threats don't mean anything.

The situation is this: He feels like he has been fucked over and because the club are stuffing enough money in his mouth (which he would be quick to remind everyone - he is making for the club), he's staying quiet. Sell out.[/QUOTE]

Xhaka Can’t
12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't think it's that big a secret. Wenger wanted to keep a player that was unhappy and risk losing another on a free transfer. It seems as if he sees no mistakes or flaw in his logic and that's what's worrying. We're in a similar situation with two other players this season and i have the feeling he'd argue for us to keep them regardless or their contract situation like he did with Cesc and Nasri last summer. Maybe he feels if we'd have kept them, our season wouldn't have been such a disaster.

In my opinion, them going was not the disaster - we had plenty of notice that they were going. The disaster was the failure to either plan for it or deal with it effectively when it happened. The funds from those transfers were more than adequate to provide for quality replacements and could actually have been used to improve the squad from the level it was at with Nasri and Fabregas. All this could have been done earlier in the window - but no, it was allowed to drag on and on regardless of the inevitability of the outcome.

I sincerely believe that it was planned/hoped by Wenger and the Board that the entirety of the funds raised could be banked. Consequently I have no faith whatsoever in the willingness of Wenger and the Board to take the necessary steps required to strengthen the team this summer and I cannot comprehend why anyone else thinks that this summer will be different. Sure we already have Poldolski and people will rightly point to that, but can anyone be sure that this is a signing intended to complement Van Persie rather than replace him?

Ollie the Optimist
12-05-2012, 11:46 AM
wenger seems completely normal when compared to dalgliesh who says that this season ahs been a succes for liverpool :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Don't believe everything he says.

He doesn't.

Joker
12-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Well they got to a cup final and won a trophy so in a sense it was a "success" if by success you look at what happens on the pitch and not on the balance sheet.

Power n Glory
12-05-2012, 12:04 PM
I agree. I think most fans can agree with that. But it's funny how Wenger won't accept that mistakes were made. That will always be his downfall.

Ollie the Optimist
12-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Well they got to a cup final and won a trophy so in a sense it was a "success" if by success you look at what happens on the pitch and not on the balance sheet.

if im right, he also said that they had success because they got a kit deal.

and bollocks was that a success imo, if we had their season i would be furious. utter failure, both at home and away. five wins and 29 goals at home all season? hardly success

jelgoon
12-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Brilliant post and 100% correct. The board were greedy and thought they could take the whole proceeds and get away with it. The slaughter at Man Utd changed all that but it was too late. That is why we have had a shit season ( losing nearly a third of our league games and winning fuck all.) If Wenger doesnt like the Board's constraints then he should piss off instead of taking millions of pounds in salary.

In my opinion, them going was not the disaster - we had plenty of notice that they were going. The disaster was the failure to either plan for it or deal with it effectively when it happened. The funds from those transfers were more than adequate to provide for quality replacements and could actually have been used to improve the squad from the level it was at with Nasri and Fabregas. All this could have been done earlier in the window - but no, it was allowed to drag on and on regardless of the inevitability of the outcome.

I sincerely believe that it was planned/hoped by Wenger and the Board that the entirety of the funds raised could be banked. Consequently I have no faith whatsoever in the willingness of Wenger and the Board to take the necessary steps required to strengthen the team this summer and I cannot comprehend why anyone else thinks that this summer will be different. Sure we already have Poldolski and people will rightly point to that, but can anyone be sure that this is a signing intended to complement Van Persie rather than replace him?

Letters
12-05-2012, 12:25 PM
There he goes again with his "I can write a book about last summer"...well fucking do it then. Wenger clearly feels like he has been shafted - and I'm inclined to believe him. But as long as he keeps his mouth shut these "one day I will speak about it" threats don't mean anything.

The situation is this: He feels like he has been fucked over and because the club are stuffing enough money in his mouth (which he would be quick to remind everyone - he is making for the club), he's staying quiet. Sell out.
I think (or rather I hope) he will write about it one day but he can't do that while he's Arsenal manager.

Letters
12-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Would you swap their season for ours? I bloody wouldn't.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-05-2012, 12:28 PM
if im right, he also said that they had success because they got a kit deal.

and bollocks was that a success imo, if we had their season i would be furious. utter failure, both at home and away. five wins and 29 goals at home all season? hardly success
And was clearly in reference to being up shit creek under the last days of H+G. 1 day from administration according to Purslow, to come back from potentially being Leeds II, to being financially secure off the pitch is as important as on-the-pitch success. He didn't specifically say "kit deals equal success" either.

And we have six wins at home... :lol:

He knows we've had a poor season, but it's part of his job to remain stupidly optimistic no matter what. And keep the pretence of optimism, no matter what.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-05-2012, 12:39 PM
[B]Well Im obviously in the minority here cos I havent got a clue what Wenger is on about[/B.

Then why make a thread about it?

Olivier's xmas twist
12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Would you swap their season for ours? I bloody wouldn't.

Too right, yes they won a cup and they had a good day, but id still not say they had a good season.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-05-2012, 12:57 PM

Wenger does need to STFU and do his job. But i do think once he leaves he will say what was what and the board know it hence why they tend to keep him happy.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-05-2012, 01:01 PM

No one can no for sure things will change. and if we go by the last 7 seasons then we'd all pretty much feel nothing will change but we can only hope they will. This is why like NQ keeps saying the board need to go soon because Even if Wenger goes tommrow they only go and Hire a similar person who be happy to do their bidding etc.

This is Why both Wenger and the Board need to go or new man needs to come in read Wenger the riot act only then things should 100% change.

With Wenger and the board its like Putting a match in gasoline (deadly combination).

Letters
12-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Too right, yes they won a cup and they had a good day, but id still not say they had a good season.
We've had loads of good days this season. Quite a few bad ones too, it has to be said, but I wouldn't swap our far better league season for their League Cup. I probably would had they won the FA Cup though.
As Suibbles says, they've only one 6 out of 19 league games. I wouldn't have wanted a season ticket at Anfield this year.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-05-2012, 01:03 PM
We've had loads of good days this season. Quite a few bad ones too, it has to be said, but I wouldn't swap our far better league season for their League Cup. I probably would had they won the FA Cup though.As Suibbles says, they've only one 6 out of 19 league games. I wouldn't have wanted a season ticket at Anfield this year.

Yep same here. Funny thing is i remeber how only a few seasons ago the CC was branding the mickey mouse cup and how most gooners would be embarrassed to win it etc. Now its a success etc, only cause we can't win it.

fakeyank
12-05-2012, 02:19 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7750723/Wenger-hopes-for-RVP-influence

Wilshere = new signing

Welcome back torture transfer windows of the last 7 seasons :ilt:

WUMger :bow:

jelgoon
12-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Well the test will be whether we buy the Frency guy M'Aston Vila for £17m. From the way Wenger is `bigging up' Wilshire and the shit ( `I get injured in the bath') Diaby, I wouldnt hold your breath.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7750723/Wenger-hopes-for-RVP-influence

Wilshere = new signing

Olivier's xmas twist
12-05-2012, 02:42 PM

Wilshere = new signing

Wumger :pal:

FY :bow:

The Ogg Monster
12-05-2012, 02:45 PM
What position do we need to strengthen in except maybe defence?

Olivier's xmas twist
12-05-2012, 02:47 PM

The Chairman would be a start and the manager not far behind.

Master Splinter
12-05-2012, 02:48 PM

None, because as you know we have also Song and Diaby who can play everywhere.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-05-2012, 02:50 PM
None, because as you know we have also Song and Diaby who can play everywhere.

We also have Letters and GB and Zimm who could play there too tbf.

Ollie the Optimist
12-05-2012, 03:05 PM

id say, a striker is needed but not a big name one, just one who is good but not massive price. a midfielder to cover song so m'vila would be great, a full back. three players is all thats needed imo

Olivier's xmas twist
12-05-2012, 04:00 PM
id say, a striker is needed but not a big name one, just one who is good but not massive price. a midfielder to cover song so m'vila would be great, a full back. three players is all thats needed imo

That depends on RVP going or not.

Özim
12-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Another nonsense speech from Wenger, regardless of the speed of the deal it was going to happen, he could have set a deadline or at the very least had someone lined up when the inevitable happens.

It's too often the case with Wenger, he's always in denial claiming that a player isn't going and that we don't want him to go and have no reason to sell when it's clear a deal is on the cards. Instead of wasting his time denying the inevitable why doesn't he rechannel some of that energy towards finding players who can replace the departing players and possibly improve us.

The way the club and the manager handles transfers is on the whole shocking to be honest, the amount of times we've been caught with our pants down in the last 7 years is a joke.

Xhaka Can’t
12-05-2012, 06:21 PM

Wilshere = new signing

Transfer windows have been torture for a lot longer than 7 years.