PDA

View Full Version : Income from TV - Less than Tottenham

latewinner
15-05-2012, 11:51 AM
I asked in one of the threads before have we been on TV less than Tottenham because it felt like it and here it is.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6822/plpayments201112.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/plpayments201112.jpg/)

That's disgusting. They have one decent season where they're above us for a while for the first time ever and already they're on TV more than us and not by a small margin. 4 more game than us? WTF have they done to deserve that. Not only that Liverpool shown 4 more times than us with their horrible dull season.
So what's wrong with us. Do the people who decide this think more people want to watch Tottenham. Chelsea too were on TV more. Is our image less interesting than these clubs.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-05-2012, 11:56 AM
You asked about Sky, this will include ESPN games.

Anyway, we've received a little bit more than Chelsea but only marginally less than Tottenham. After the summer we had, they probably thought our games wouldn't be worth showing unless they were against the big teams.

Flavs
15-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Here what is?

:unsure:

latewinner
15-05-2012, 12:03 PM
You asked about Sky, this will nclude ESPN games.

Is that important? The point is with our stature and premier league history why were we shown only 19 times not even 20 and Tottenham 23 times. This may not be important to some people but it bothers me. Liverpool finished flipping 8th and they're shown 4 more times than us but its more understandable with their stature. Chelsea have far less fans, who's dying to watch them? finished 6th and they're shown more than us. Something's wrong

latewinner
15-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Here what is?

:unsure:

my finger

McNamara That Ghost...
15-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Is that important? The point is with our stature and premier league history why were we shown only 19 times not even 20 and Tottenham 23 times. This may not be important to some people but it bothers me. Liverpool finished flipping 8th and they're shown 4 more times than us but its more understandable with their stature. Chelsea have far less fans, who's dying to watch them? finished 6th and they're shown more than us. Something's wrong

It is when you make a thread declaring yourself right. Also, Sky the main broadcasting company selected us the same amount of times as Tottenham and more than Chelsea. I am quite happy for us to stay away from ESPN.

I did edit my post a few times from my first post but I'll repeat in case you didn't see it. The reason it is so close, overall, is by virtue of thinking a) we'd be nowhere in the league this season given our start and b) thinking Tottenham would be in a title race by about December.

Both of those elements changed.

latewinner
15-05-2012, 12:18 PM
You asked about Sky, this will nclude ESPN games.

Anyway, we've received a little bit more than Chelsea but only marginally less than Tottenham. After the summer we had, they probably thought our games wouldn't be worth showing unless they were against the big teams.

And that would be a rubbish excuse from them. I just think one of the 2 clubs most responsible for the popularity of your product should be more respected. Tottenham contributed nothing.

latewinner
15-05-2012, 12:20 PM
It is when you make a thread declaring yourself right. Also, Sky the main broadcasting company selected us the same amount of times as Tottenham and more than Chelsea. I am quite happy for us to stay away from ESPN.

I did edit my post a few times from my first post but I'll repeat in case you didn't see it. The reason it is so close, overall, is by virtue of thinking a) we'd be nowhere in the league this season given our start and b) thinking Tottenham would be in a title race by about December.

Both of those elements changed.

right about what? Why's this place so hostile.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-05-2012, 12:27 PM
right about what? Why's this place so hostile.

Yeah, hostile. You just said "Is that important?" a few minutes ago. Anyway I was referring to you saying it felt like Tottenham had been shown more than us, which is fine and that here was the proof. It was about Sky specifically you asked though before and that's where the bulk of matches will be shown.

ESPN choose the less important games, generally.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
16-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Good observation OP- it seems we are going to have to learn the hard way.

Power n Glory
16-05-2012, 06:32 PM
ESPN have hardly shown any of our games this season. Cancelled my subscription and won't be going back.

Coney
16-05-2012, 06:47 PM
That's disgusting. They have one decent season where they're above us for a while for the first time ever and already they're on TV more than us and not by a small margin. 4 more game than us? WTF have they done to deserve that. Not only that Liverpool shown 4 more times than us with their horrible dull season.
So what's wrong with us. Do the people who decide this think more people want to watch Tottenham. Chelsea too were on TV more. Is our image less interesting than these clubs.

The difference is in the facility fees - they charged more - and the merit payment - we earned more. Says it al really.

Niall_Quinn
16-05-2012, 07:24 PM
The difference is in the facility fees - they charged more - and the merit payment - we earned more. Says it al really.

Can't see our board charging less than anyone - suggestion casts those figures into very serious doubt.

Gubby Allen
18-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Peculiar thread, there's so many variants to this. From October Arsenal didn't really have any games that had that much consequence, Spurs were competing for the title until around February time. Man City were throughout, Chelsea were closer for a while, then watching their collapse was good TV.

Add to that Spurs, were in the E.L, so were the Manc clubs, and a lot easier to schedule Sunday & Monday matches when you're playing you league match on a Sunday. When you're in the C.L Tuesday nights, you're limited for slots & the Police will have their say.

Once they're out the way, whether watching Villa, Stoke or Sunderland park a bus for 90 minutes isn't the most appealing thing to watch and we've probably got our least inspring crop of players for a generation.