PDA

View Full Version : Group G - England, Swiss, Bulgaria, Wales...

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Marc Overmars
13-10-2011, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't pick him at all now until the World Cup qualifiers come around next year.

We've got to find the right system and prepare without him. There's no point in having his shadow cast over the squad. He fucked up and needs to do his time.

Syn
13-10-2011, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't pick him at all now until the World Cup qualifiers come around next year.We've got to find the right system and prepare without him. There's no point in having his shadow cast over the squad. He fucked up and needs to do his time. I agree. But he will definitely get picked. He is the best striker we have and capello would get battered if he didn't take him. This England team is in the worst shape I can remember. There are so many places up for grabs. I reckon Theo will miss out again.

Marc Overmars
13-10-2011, 11:37 PM
He's by far and away the best player we have and I can see the temptation but I don't want another circus for England in a tournament year.

Interesting clip they showed on SSN, Arshavin was banned for the first 2 games of Euro 2008 for exactly the same incident when he kicked out at a player in Russia's final qualifer. They said the FA are going to use that to get it hopefully reduced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyc5She8bkA

In the interest of consistency I don't see how Uefa can't recognise this and at least reduce it. But then it is Uefa so I'm not holding my breath. I'd take him if it's only a 2 game ban.

KSE Comedy Club
14-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Who gives a shit.

International football is dogshit anyway.

On top of that bombshell, Rooney usually does fuck all in the main tournaments for england anyway. The guy was a twat and is rightly being punished for it. I hope the FA do appeal and get it extended to 4 games, hypocritical cunts.

Its about time we started picking a team for the future rather than relying on the same old loosers that get a free pass to play everytime.

Cripps_orig
14-10-2011, 07:51 AM
I've actually enjoyed the last couple of International breaks and already looking forward to the next one. Plus the Euros are usually very entertaining. Just a shame we have to sit through months of watching Arsenal being led by an idiot before we get to the summer :(

Coney
14-10-2011, 08:12 AM
In the interest of consistency I don't see how Uefa can't recognise this and at least reduce it. But then it is Uefa so I'm not holding my breath. I'd take him if it's only a 2 game ban.

Rooney has a lot of history, including on the international stage. It is not a 'first offence' and it is reasonable that his penalty is higher. If you keep committing the same offence, you can't expect to always have the base level penalty each time. If you won't learn, what are they supposed to do?*

*This is not intended as a general endorsement of UEFA who remain a bunch of twats for other reasons.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Plus Rooney kicked out twice.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-10-2011, 11:16 AM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt1cxhlhPK1qzddo2o1_500.jpg

:haha:

Coney
14-10-2011, 12:00 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt1cxhlhPK1qzddo2o1_500.jpg

:haha:

:clap: :haha: