PDA

View Full Version : season expectations now for next season

Ollie the Optimist
26-05-2012, 03:35 PM
right so a quick poll about what we feel will have next season on the squad we have now. no potential signings or anything just what we have now. just want to see what happens to peoples views depending who we sign or how pre season goes

Özim
26-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Same as every season pretty much, a top 4 place, crash and burn out of the CL at the first sign of a decent team, knocked out of FA Cup around the last 16, knocked out of CC when we meet a good team. Usual problems with injuries and mistakes at the back.

Pretty boring really, like watching paint dry.

Power n Glory
26-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Hard to make such predictions because other teams will strengthen too. Can only hope Liverpool and Chelsea have rocky starts with their new managers.

Cripps_orig
26-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Same as every season pretty much, a top 4 place, crash and burn out of the CL at the first sign of a decent team, knocked out of FA Cup around the last 16, knocked out of CC when we meet a good team. Usual problems with injuries and mistakes at the back.

Pretty boring really, like watching paint dry.Pretty much

Özim
26-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Two people so far have picked us as Champions, behave :lol:

If Mickey Mouse brought 10 other Disney characters along and made a team I'd give them more chance of winning the title than us. :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
26-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Two people so far have picked us as Champions, behave :lol:

If Mickey Mouse brought 10 other Disney characters along and made a team I'd give them more chance of winning the title than us. :lol:

and i wasnt one of them :lol:

Marc Overmars
26-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Top Four.

KSE Comedy Club
26-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I chose champions.

Why the fuck not, tbh :coffee:

Cripps_orig
26-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I chose champions.

Why the fuck not, tbh :coffee:Wenger?

Özim
26-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Wenger?
:goodpost: These days he's only capable of getting us top 4 nothing else.

Ollie the Optimist
26-05-2012, 06:01 PM
:goodpost: These days he's only capable of getting us top 4 nothing else.

give him citys squad and he will win the league at a canter. thsi squad he took from the brink to the third best in englnad. he can bring success back and he will next season. we wont be having a trophyless season next year

McNamara That Ghost...
26-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Well I predicted a win in every game for us last season so I expect much the same this season.

:scarf:

It's on!

Marc Overmars
26-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Lol.

Özim
26-05-2012, 06:34 PM
give him citys squad and he will win the league at a canter. thsi squad he took from the brink to the third best in englnad. he can bring success back and he will next season. we wont be having a trophyless season next year
He'd never buy those players, in addition even if he had the squad I'm not convinced he seems to have lost his edge.

WilshereourGHEL
26-05-2012, 07:38 PM
4th podolski and rvp will then join city followed by any other **** that does good for us while carrying ****s like ramsey for another season

Xhaka Can’t
26-05-2012, 07:43 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/02641c61-325a-68a3.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
26-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Same set-up as in my house, interesting.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2012, 07:47 PM
He's going to wine all season.

fakeyank
26-05-2012, 09:22 PM
We will win BPL

Kano
26-05-2012, 10:22 PM
a little mr sheen wouldn't go a miss there y'know

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2012, 10:34 PM
a little mr sheen wouldn't go a miss there y'know

And those shoes.

Kano
26-05-2012, 10:35 PM
you're being pretty favourable calling them that

IBK
28-05-2012, 08:35 PM
There will be an improvement on last season. :good: (And about as far as my faith will go, ATM).

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:50 PM
F*ck me, bottle jobs spell still seems to be working 5 people think we'll be champions. Maybe it's a smokescreen.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Me. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
29-05-2012, 12:03 AM
F*ck me, bottle jobs spell still seems to be working 5 people think we'll be champions. Maybe it's a smokescreen.

7 now. I don't doubt it for a minute. Can't see who can challenge us.

Flavs
30-05-2012, 07:42 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/02641c61-325a-68a3.jpg

Clean your table you fucking reprobate

Flavs
30-05-2012, 07:58 AM
I think we will finish last because we are really quite poor and all the other teams are simply better than us, better managers, better players, more money, better tactics and they never ever, ever make stupid defensive errors like we do. None of them concede goals from corners, none of them have problems with players wanting to leave and they ALL win trophies.

Yeah we finished 3rd but it was more by luck than skill, Wenger clearly hasn’t a clue what he is doing and I can only guess that winning 4 FA cups and 3 Premiership titles was down to David Dein more than him, I also agree with all our ex-players views on the state of the team, especially Ian Wright and Tony Adams as they are so entrenched in the modern game and never ever make themselves look foolish unlike Wenger.

Also why have we got no money? I know we are trying to pay the mortgage on the stadium off but come on?

Why cant we sell players on? Surely it can’t be hard to sell on our unwanted players? Yes they are on big wages and are a bit shit but that shouldn’t put other teams off should it?

I think Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle will all be better than us this coming season, maybe Everton too as they are all settled prem teams, no turbulence and they are all rich and not exposed to the thievery of other teams like we are, I mean what are we? A feeder team…

Letters
30-05-2012, 08:40 AM
No manager in the world could make us champions next year. Whine about Wenger all you like. (Oh you did already? Fair enough) but City have bought the title, they will almost certainly spend big again and just get stronger. Utd have the best manager around and will doubtless spend big to try and unseat their rivals. Chelsea had a great Cup season but a very mediocre league season and have already started to splash money around to do correct that.
These sides have to be hot favourites for the top 3 next year (could be in any order, my money would be on City, Utd then Chelsea) and whatever you think about Wenger and his spending, or lack thereof, we cannot compete with any of these sides in the transfer market. They all have more money than us because of the stadium debt and poor commercial deals which Wenger had nothing to do with.

Liverpool and Spurs will doubtless spend to try and finish top 4 (as they have for years, and failed to consistently achieve as they haven't had as good managers as we have).

If we keep RvP (which I'm increasingly fearing we won't) then we'll really struggle to finish top 4 next year. If we keep him I think we will finish 4th. As for the cups. CL we've got no realistic chance, the domestic ones...dunno. If we get favourable draws then maybe we have a chance but there's a lot of luck involved in cup competitions as Chelsea found out this year.

Kano
30-05-2012, 09:15 AM
If we get favourable draws then maybe we have a chance but there's a lot of luck involved in cup competitions as Chelsea found out this year.
there is a lot less luck involved with picking a team serious enough to win a domestic cup.

Letters
30-05-2012, 09:22 AM
there is a lot less luck involved with picking a team serious enough to win a domestic cup.
I'm not sure what that means. We've been in enough Cup semi-finals since we last won something, and a couple of finals, to suggest it's not that we're just not bothering.

Joker
30-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Wenger has shown the cups disrespect though, irrespective of the fact that we've been in semi finals and finals. We played a B side in the Carling Cup final against Chelsea and lost, the same against Tottenham in the Carling Cup semi finals in 2007-2008, and I remember when he dropped an in form Arshavin in the FA Cup semi final against Chelsea in 2008-2009. This is without even mentioning the times we've been knocked out by the likes of Bolton, Blackburn and Stoke in the early rounds where we definitely did field an understrength team. Yes there is luck involved in the cup, but if you take it seriously enough and really go for it, there's no reason why we can't win them, if we add 3-4 quality players (who aren't on City/United/Chelsea's radar, like we did with Podolski). If you look at the cup finalists in the last 10 years or so it's been the usual suspects anyway, so it's clear that if you have the quality and the motivation, you can progress far in the cup and it's not all down to dumb luck (otherwise we'd have teams like West Brom winning it).

Kano
30-05-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm not sure what that means. We've been in enough Cup semi-finals since we last won something, and a couple of finals, to suggest it's not that we're just not bothering.

carling cup semi's where we stick with a weaker team as some sort of reward, when really it doesn't benefit the club. semi-finals mean bugger all after a while if thats the best we can achieve. our fa cup failures in recent years have been down to poor teams being put out.

when we used to take it seriously, we were in a lot more finals. chelsea and utd continued to take them seriously and have continued to get into the final.