PDA

View Full Version : Pep the Muppet and Other Citeh Shit

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Niall_Quinn
02-01-2012, 09:02 PM
he has and I heard we were after him too but not sure what came of that.

I believe our customary failure to offer any money in exchange for the player scuppered the deal. The greedy bastard wanted to be paid as well.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-01-2012, 05:36 PM
The Ivory Coast expect Manchester City pair Yaya and Kolo Toure to report for international duty on Saturday, which will mean the brothers will not be available for Sunday's FA Cup derby with Manchester United.

Blues boss Roberto Mancini earlier on Thursday hoped the pair would be allowed to join the Ivory Coast squad for January's African Cup of Nations slightly later than planned, which would allow them to feature in the third round tie at the Etihad Stadium.

Mancini expected to learn within 24 hours whether the Toures would be excused a planned squad gathering in Paris on Saturday before they fly to Abu Dhabi for a two-week training camp.

City were unaware of any official developments this lunchtime, however, Ivory Coast coach Francois Zahoui has apparently declined Mancini's hopes.

"Clubs know the rules," said Zahoui. "I'm expecting them [the Toures] for the FIFA deadline."
Problem

If confirmed, the news will be a major blow for City, whose manager has revealed he may struggle to fill his bench on Sunday.

Gareth Barry is suspended, Owen Hargreaves is not considered fit enough to be involved and Mario Balotelli is troubled by an ankle injury that prevented him playing against both Sunderland and Liverpool.

"We have 17 players," said Mancini. "I do not know how it is going to work.

"I always said we could have a problem in January. Yaya is an important player for us.

"Kolo is different. We have eight defenders and, if we are lucky, we don't have any injuries.

"In midfield we have a big problem. On Sunday, we only have James Milner and Nigel de Jong available."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7413060/Toures-set-to-miss-derby

Marc Overmars
05-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Not enough players available?

Boo fucking hoo.

Xhaka Can’t
05-01-2012, 07:10 PM
I hate it when you're sad.

No homo.

GP
05-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Mancini is a cock smoker.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Kompany banned for 4 games

GP
10-01-2012, 04:23 PM
:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I should be on the FA panel really.

GP
10-01-2012, 04:39 PM
I should be on the FA panel really.

How many games would you ban Rooney for?

LDG
10-01-2012, 04:46 PM
He's suspended for the Spuds game though.....we could have done without that.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Don't worry spuds will have their own problems by then anyways.

LDG
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Don't worry spuds will have their own problems by then anyways.

Like what?

McNamara That Ghost...
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
How many games would you ban Rooney for?

84. And that's for looking like a potato.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Like what?

'Arry in the clink. :popcorn:

GP
10-01-2012, 04:56 PM
84. And that's for looking like a potato.

Well that's rather lenient.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Well that's rather lenient.

I haven't gone through the rest of the crimes on my scroll yet.

LDG
10-01-2012, 04:59 PM
'Arry in the clink. :popcorn:

Court case starts 23rd. They play on 22nd.

:(

Fuckin spuds.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Oh. Well, that they will lose then.

Coney
10-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Court case starts 23rd. They play on 22nd.

:(

Fuckin spuds.

No - that's cool. He'll have it on his mind. :good:

KESSLER
11-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Balotelli Watch: Apparently he was at a petrol station today and told everyone to fill their tanks up and that he'd pay.

Master Splinter
11-01-2012, 06:31 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16492080.stm

:violin:

Us and United have been ravaged by injuries all season. Mancini is missing a few players from the most expensive squad in football history and he's crying at every opportunity.

I wonder what he'd do at a club where he can't spend billions on players every window.

He'll probably go to PSG once he's sacked at Citeh.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-01-2012, 10:38 AM

He almost makes me want to live in Manchester.

As for Mancini. :doh: It's things like this that justifies people in saying how ridiculous the situation is with them and 'their' money.

LDG
11-01-2012, 11:18 AM
He almost makes me want to live in Manchester.

As for Mancini. :doh: It's things like this that justifies people in saying how ridiculous the situation is with them and 'their' money.

The squad rulings on numbers and homegrown players etc is one good rule I guess. Limits them to some degree.

Oh. And Nasri :haha:

What a cunt.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-01-2012, 11:35 AM
They can just send players out on loan though (and subsidise some of their wages), until the next correct dart has been thrown. Also, they've bought quite a few English players (along with having Richards and Hart already) so as long as they keep those ones in the squad and send the other shitheads out on loan, it doesn't really make much difference.

LDG
11-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Meh, they get injuries like everybody else. Tough testicles.

I do hope they fail massively this year. I wouldn't mind seeing Fergie lift another title tbh.

Flavs
11-01-2012, 11:56 AM
The squad rulings on numbers and homegrown players etc is one good rule I guess. Limits them to some degree.

Oh. And Nasri :haha:

What a cunt.

That's why they are pouring millions into youth development, you don't have to name under 21's in your squad. Also if Tevez, Bridge, Onuaha and Kolo all leave as expected they have space for a few more.

In the champions league rules though they would...oh thats right...never mind

:pal:

Syn
11-01-2012, 12:54 PM

What a tragic waste of talent he's going to be. He'll burn out, quit football and have a mid-life crisis at 24.

Dennis Bendtner
11-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Mancini doesn't seem to understand that if any other club is a player short, they take someone from the reserves. He has whined about this before. Wonder if he saw our bench against United, or United's against Blackburn.

Coney
11-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Meh, they get injuries like everybody else. Tough testicles.

I do hope they fail massively this year. I wouldn't mind seeing Fergie lift another title tbh.

If a choice between Citeh and manu for the title, I'd rather manu won it over the loadsamoney buy-it-off-the-shelf scumbags. For the same reason, I preferred it when manu took the PL back off chavs.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Difficult really.

I'd prefer it if they both imploded. Starting tonight...

LDG
11-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Difficult really.

I'd prefer it if they both imploded. Starting tonight...

I reckon you'll beat 'em.

Think City are in for a few bad results this month.

Flavs
11-01-2012, 02:40 PM
If a choice between Citeh and manu for the title, I'd rather manu won it over the loadsamoney buy-it-off-the-shelf scumbags. For the same reason, I preferred it when manu took the PL back off chavs.

As opposed to Manyoo you mean who have never thrown silly money around?

LDG
11-01-2012, 02:42 PM
I always go with the "meh, who cares if they win another title, it's nothing new" as apposed to the "look how amazing we've become because we've got so much money".

Doesn't matter anyway, as we're gonna win the fucker.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-01-2012, 02:43 PM
I reckon you'll beat 'em.

Think City are in for a few bad results this month.
We can definitely beat them, especially without Kompany, Yaya and possibly Silva. They don't seem to like rotation, which is criminal considering their squad.

If we go out thinking we can beat them (instead of last time when we lost it before kick off) then there's every chance. It's just a shame Suarez didn't keep his mouth shut.

Flavs
11-01-2012, 02:53 PM
We can definitely beat them, especially without Kompany, Yaya and possibly Silva. They don't seem to like rotation, which is criminal considering their squad.

If we go out thinking we can beat them (instead of last time when we lost it before kick off) then there's every chance. It's just a shame Suarez didn't keep his mouth shut.

You deserve to lose to be honest cos you are all racist bastards

That aside however I still think you will lose and looking at the larger picture its probably best if you do in our hunt for that 4th place

Flavs
11-01-2012, 02:57 PM
You deserve to lose to be honest cos you are all racist bastards

That aside however I still think you will lose and looking at the larger picture its probably best if you do in our hunt for that 4th place

I just realised that you were talking about the league cup, in which case i hope you win!!!!

But you are all still racist bastards

:getcoat:

Flavs
11-01-2012, 03:02 PM
City team tonight will most likely be

--------------------lamp post-----------------

---ZAbaletta---Savic-----Lescott------Richards

------------De Jong------Hargreaves--------

--Johnson--------------------------Nasri-----

-------------------Balotelli----------------

-----------Dzeko-------------------------

And City need 3 new players apparently :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I just realised that you were talking about the league cup, in which case i hope you win!!!!

But you are all still racist bastards

:getcoat:
I'll take that.

Coney
11-01-2012, 04:33 PM
As opposed to Manyoo you mean who have never thrown silly money around?

Not to the same extent, I think.

Kano
11-01-2012, 04:42 PM
vincent kompany responds very intelligently to the recent ban:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/man_city/105338/a-moment-of-reflection-vincent-kompany-pens-facebook-note-to-voice-concern-over-failed-appeal.html

very impressed with this guy, especially loved the way he dealt with being sent off, handed over the arm band, told his team mates to back off the ref and left the field with no dramas. a great defender too - should be the cornerstone of citeh's defence for years to come really.

LDG
11-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Top defender. Wish we'd nabbed him years ago.

Marc Overmars
11-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Yeah he's class.

City got him for less than 10m as well.

Cunts. Hope someone like Real Madrid come in for him.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Shame he doesn't actually seem to grasp why he was sent off, eloquent though - no doubt.

Coney
11-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Shame he doesn't actually seem to grasp why he was sent off, eloquent though - no doubt.

Eloquent in his lack of understanding. :unsure:

Kano
11-01-2012, 08:58 PM

i think he gets it, he just doesn't agree with it - that's the sentiment I took from what he was saying.

Coney
11-01-2012, 09:00 PM
i think he gets it, he just doesn't agree with it - that's the sentiment I took from what he was saying.

So 'Player disagrees with ref shock' headline?

Cripps_orig
11-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Just seen the tackle for the first time.

Ridiculous decision.

And 2 of the 4 games hes missing are nothing games v Liverpool

Kano
11-01-2012, 09:04 PM
So 'Player disagrees with ref shock' headline?
you have to agree it's more substantial than 'i'm not that type of player'

he deserved the red but he also dealt with the sending off very well, far better than 95% of footballers would in a derby.

Coney
11-01-2012, 09:05 PM
you have to agree it's more substantial than 'i'm not that type of player'

he deserved the red but he also dealt with the sending off very well, far better than 95% of footballers would in a derby.

Fair enough.

Cripps_orig
11-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Why did he deserve the red?

Got the ball as cleanly as any challenge in history and none of the player.

Wasnt even one of those "il take both man and ball out" tackles.

Concentrated on the ball and got it. FA :doh:

Kano
11-01-2012, 09:23 PM

Got the ball as cleanly as any challenge in history and none of the player.

Wasnt even one of those "il take both man and ball out" tackles.

Concentrated on the ball and got it. FA :doh:

i'm sure you've read the counter arguments about the tackle and i agree with those, which i'm sure you don't so there no point getting further into that.

Xhaka Can’t
11-01-2012, 09:44 PM

Something to do with the rules of football.

The only argument is over the inconsistent application of them - which is not grounds for appeal.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Eloquent in his lack of understanding. :unsure:

Well yes you can be eloquent but ultimately wrong. Just like you can be blunt and be right.

And Terry, he doesn't understand because he states the intent of trying to win the ball as a mitigating circumstance. The act of winning the ball is irrelevant in this case. He also talks about football might be changing and he needs to accept it but a two footed tackle hasn't been accepted as a valid way of tackling for years and years. It's like the tackle from behind - there seems to be this idea (and it was again shown tonight) that you can't be penalised for it regardless of ball winning and that's only come to fruition in a recently sanitised game when it has been an offence since the 1994 World Cup!

Master Splinter
12-01-2012, 06:27 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16537568.stm

What a farce.

He'll go to PSG eventually.

He'll be more unfit than Arshavin when he finally steps on to a football pitch though.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-01-2012, 09:59 AM
HARRY REDKNAPP has taunted Spurs' title rivals by claiming: We haven't bought our success like you.
Redknapp cranked up the tension ahead of their clash with megabucks Manchester City and Roberto Mancini by revealing he is "proud" of building his team without breaking the bank.

He said: "City are where they are because of Sheikh Mansour and Chelsea thanks to Roman Abramovich.

"We have not done it that way and it makes me proud.

"You don't have to go out and spend fortunes to find good players."

The Etihad showdown on Sunday week is now a key fixture in the title race with Spurs just three points behind wobbling City.

Redknapp added: "Spurs are not third in the Premier League because someone has walked through the door at White Hart Lane and slapped a bundle of money on my desk.

"City can pay players £200,000 a week, it's unbelievable.

"Man Utd wanted Samir Nasri but he blew them out for City.

"The people running Spurs have invested wisely.

"Some of the players we brought in raised eyebrows, like Younes Kaboul, but he's made excellent progress. Hopefully it is coming together now."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4057562/Harry-Redknapp-Im-proud-weve-not-spent-like-Man-City.html

Arry talking again.

over to you Joker.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2012, 10:16 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16538969.stm

What a man.

Xhaka Can’t
13-01-2012, 10:58 AM
What he says is right. In fact, he could go on ti say that he has out thought us on our own strategy which we had supposedly patented.

Master Splinter
13-01-2012, 12:08 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16538969.stm

What a man.

He is brilliant tbf.

A genuine, grade-A nutter.

Marc Overmars
13-01-2012, 12:27 PM
What he says is right. In fact, he could go on ti say that he has out thought us on our own strategy which we had supposedly patented.

As horrible a thought it is, it would represent a victory for football if Spurs won it.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp admits Manchester City loanee Emmanuel Adebayor will have to take a massive pay-cut if he is to remain at White Hart Lane next season. Adebayor has played a key role in helping Spurs turn around their season. Since he signed on loan from City, the Londoners have lost just once and they can move level with the forward's parent club at the top of the Premier League on Saturday if they beat Wolves at home.

The Togo frontman has struck up a good understanding with Rafael van der Vaart to keep top goalscorer Jermain Defoe out of the team and is keen to make his move to North London permanent.

Spurs' top earners are thought to be on roughly £70,000 a week - about a third of what Adebayor receives at the Etihad Stadium, and Redknapp summed up the gulf in spending power between the two clubs by saying: "He has done well for us. He has worked hard but he is on amazing money.

"The other week, one of the lads told him that he had not paid his £50 fine for being the worst player in training on a Friday morning. One of the lads said to him: 'Bl**dy hell, Ade, you are on 200 grand a week and you can't afford to pay a £50 fine!' He replied: 'Don't insult me, it's 225!'"

The laughter that followed the anecdote was followed up by a serious message from Redknapp, who admitted: "He certainly isn't getting that here."

Spurs' resurgence started when they Adebayor scored on his debut to help the club beat Wolves 2-0 at Molineux in September.

Since then Redknapp's men have lost just once and have only drawn three times in their following 17 games.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7427949/Wage-warning-for-Adebayor

Ade will be off on loan somewhere else next season tbh.

Cripps_orig
13-01-2012, 11:33 PM
:lol:

Ade :bow:

How he is missed

Japan Shaking All Over
14-01-2012, 04:14 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7427949/Wage-warning-for-Adebayor

Ade will be off on loan somewhere else next season tbh.

The dictionary needs to add Adebayor to its definition of mercenary!

Özim
14-01-2012, 11:04 AM
F*ck me just noticed Spurs are within three points of Man City at the top!

Say what you like about Redknapp but he's done a pretty good job with them.

Xhaka Can’t
14-01-2012, 11:15 AM
You can only beat what is put in front of you and the spuds have done that. Their second half schedule is more difficult but they are currently on course for a points total that would eclipse some of the title winning totals if the past.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Well in front of them is Citeh away, Chelsea away, Liverpool away and Arsenal away all in two months. Plus Man Utd at home - their home form is very good against most of the sides in the league but Man Utd at home is the one fixture they've found the hardest to win.

Özim
14-01-2012, 11:46 AM
They also play pretty good football these days, they have a lot of pace and are pretty direct seems to be working for them this season.

Coney
14-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I said 'arry would be the best manager they have had for decades and saw lots of posts saying how shit he was. He is very effective as a manager and was the most likely to produce a situation where spuds could end up above us. He still has some tough games to play but mentally they are on a roll. Hopefully that will change in the next few weeks.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-01-2012, 12:25 PM
They also play pretty good football these days, they have a lot of pace and are pretty direct seems to be working for them this season.

Punching above their weight tbh, no doubt spuds have had a great start to the season, but the 2nd will be harder for them much harder. they have never been here before and it will show

GP
14-01-2012, 12:28 PM
I said 'arry would be the best manager they have had for decades and saw lots of posts saying how shit he was. He is very effective as a manager and was the most likely to produce a situation where spuds could end up above us. He still has some tough games to play but mentally they are on a roll. Hopefully that will change in the next few weeks.

Dunno about shit, but he's definitely corrupt.

Heard a rumour that his mother is a whore, too.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-01-2012, 12:34 PM

Harry has always been a good manager he just never had the chance at a big club tbf. However saying that had he gone to us or the mancs years ago, i doubt he'd have done as well, from where spurs were when he took over the pressure has not been too much for him. now the pressure will begin and lets see how well he really does.

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2012, 01:26 PM

He gets his teams to over-perform for a period of time and then comes the catastrophic collapse. Same will happen in this case. Redknapp has left a trail of mediocre results and financial disaster behind him. How he's considered to be a good manager based on his record is a mystery. He's more a myth. A myth that's about to waltz into the England job, possibly pull of a semi-final appearance and then doom the nation for a decade. Plus he's a crook, of course. A clever one though, nothing ever sticks.

We'll see how his team gets on now they are within striking distance of the top. They'll collapse.

Marc Overmars
14-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Even if they do fall short, which they most likely will, there's only one north-london club making strides, and worryingly, it's not us.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Even if they do fall short, which they most likely will, there's only one north-london club making strides, and worryingly, it's not us.

well we could not always be the top club in north london could we. even if/wehn spuds finish above us or win the league id like to think its about how good they have been rather then how shocking we have been.

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2012, 01:57 PM
We're half way through the season. Every year it's the same, some outsider is making the running whether it be Villa, Hull City FFS, doesn't matter. The business end of the season is still to come. We of all fans should know what happens when the pressure starts to build. It will be the same for the cocksuckers who are riding high off a generous fixture list. Some are saying football will be the victor if these cunts do well. Bullshit, humanity will be the loser if Redknapp prevails in any way.

Özim
14-01-2012, 02:20 PM
We're half way through the season. Every year it's the same, some outsider is making the running whether it be Villa, Hull City FFS, doesn't matter. The business end of the season is still to come. We of all fans should know what happens when the pressure starts to build. It will be the same for the cocksuckers who are riding high off a generous fixture list. Some are saying football will be the victor if these cunts do well. Bullshit, humanity will be the loser if Redknapp prevails in any way.
Yeah but we've had our good period now, we shouldn't be too far from our usual collapse....doesn't bode well for 4th place. Spuds will be above us for sure, fact is they have better players at the moment and play better footbal that's why they are where they are.

They've invested, we've done the opposite and it shows.

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah but we've had our good period now, we shouldn't be too far from our usual collapse....doesn't bode well for 4th place. Spuds will be above us for sure, fact is they have better players at the moment and play better footbal that's why they are where they are.

Oh FFS! We are all entitled to a bitch but why does it have to go on all season?

I'll have a little bitch like the rest this January, we won't sign anyone and I think that's fucking scandalous as usual and blah, blah, blah. Then I'll lay into them again in the summer for doing exactly the same fucking thing! It pisses me off MASSIVELY!

But if I was moaning all year long then I;d just stop watching because obviously I wouldn't be enjoying it. On the contrary it would be making me fucking miserable.

Yes I know it's January so moan accepted and I'll probably join a few in the next couple of weeks. But we've had people on here complaining after Henry scored that goal, for instance. That's too much.

I prefer to look at this season as one with potential. We haven't managed to get our full team on the pitch all year, but we have got strong players coming back and maybe, just maybe, this year won't be like the rest. You have to at least hope for that as a fan, don't you?

Coney
14-01-2012, 03:38 PM

We are doing OK. Take away the first four games of the season where we had a crap defence and we would be up there among them. We are still suffering from that poor start, but our form based on matches since then compares favourably with the top 3 clubs.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-01-2012, 05:26 PM

Yep todays game showed us why they are where they are alright.

Özim
14-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Yep todays game showed us why they are where they are alright.
You forget we drew with Wolves as well, bad result for them no doubt but my point stands...they were way behind us a few years back, whereas we've been going backwards they've been doing the opposite.

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2012, 06:39 PM
You forget we drew with Wolves as well, bad result for them no doubt but my point stands...they were way behind us a few years back, whereas we've been going backwards they've been doing the opposite.

They've been strengthening the squad, we've been strengthening the balance sheet. It has paid of for them with a stronger team. It has paid of for our shareholders with nice fat pay-outs on zero investment. All depends what the priorities are. For the Arsenal shareholders the priority (in fact the only consideration) is themselves.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-01-2012, 08:58 PM
They've been strengthening the squad, we've been strengthening the balance sheet. It has paid of for them with a stronger team. It has paid of for our shareholders with nice fat pay-outs on zero investment. All depends what the priorities are. For the Arsenal shareholders the priority (in fact the only consideration) is themselves.

:gp:

Yep the board all need to get out before the club will ever get better.

Cripps_orig
14-01-2012, 10:05 PM
You forget we drew with Wolves as well, bad result for them no doubt but my point stands...they were way behind us a few years back, whereas we've been going backwards they've been doing the opposite.Exactly. 10 man Wolves as well.

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Exactly. 10 man Wolves as well.

With the creativity ripped out of our midfield, all our defenders dead and RvP burned out after an unimaginably impressive run of form. We needed players like Walcott and Chamakh to step up. Where were they?

Cripps_orig
14-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Excuses

Im sure Spuds have them as well for todays game.

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Excuses

Im sure Spuds have them as well for todays game.

No, not excuses. Read it again. We should have had enough even to contend with the misfortune of a ridiculous injury list. So I ask again, where were Walcott and Chamakh? The only possible excuse we could make here is these guys aren't good enough to cover when the main guys are out of the team or out of form.

Cripps_orig
14-01-2012, 10:27 PM

Its a team game not the Walcott and Chamakh FC

But of course, picking on those 2 is a classic NQ trait to avoid facing the very real possibility that Spuds can finish above us and probably will but reach all you want. You'll realise it sooner or later. Il be here for you when it does cos ive accepted it so it wont piss me off as much when it does happen

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2012, 10:32 PM

Its a team game not the Walcott and Chamakh FC

But of course, picking on those 2 is a classic NQ trait to avoid facing the very real possibility that Spuds can finish above us and probably will but reach all you want. You'll realise it sooner or later. Il be here for you when it does cos ive accepted it so it wont piss me off as much when it does happen

What I'm doing is joining dots. You have rated both these guys yet you highlight our draw with Wolves. We all agree RvP can't score all the goals for the club. So who are next in line to do that job? Chamakh and Walcott. Gerv too, to a degree, but it's his first year. So if we want to beat Wolves rather than draw against their 10 men we need (as you say) the team to perform. That means the constituent parts need to perform too. What was our problem against Wolves? We couldn't score enough goals. So what should I say? Where was Mertesacker? Where was Chesney? It was goals we needed. So do you still rate these guys even though our fall off the pace has coincide with RvP's goals drying up? Do you still think this pair are the right solution to go on and compete with the teams currently above us?

Olivier's xmas twist
14-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Exactly. 10 man Wolves as well.

wtf has them having 10 men got to do with anything, if spuds are better then us like we keep hearing they should have battered Wolves, not be happy because they drew with us silliest thing i heard.

Cripps_orig
14-01-2012, 10:36 PM
What I'm doing is joining dots. You have rated both these guys yet you highlight our draw with Wolves. We all agree RvP can't score all the goals for the club. So who are next in line to do that job? Chamakh and Walcott. Gerv too, to a degree, but it's his first year. So if we want to beat Wolves rather than draw against their 10 men we need (as you say) the team to perform. That means the constituent parts need to perform too. What was our problem against Wolves? We couldn't score enough goals. So what should I say? Where was Mertesacker? Where was Chesney? It was goals we needed. So do you still rate these guys even though our fall off the pace has coincide with RvP's goals drying up? Do you still think this pair are the right solution to go on and compete with the teams currently above us?Chamakh hardly plays. Theo is played out of position.

Next excuse?

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Chamakh hardly plays. Theo is played out of position.

Next excuse?

But again, check carefully. I'm not the one making excuses or avoiding answering questions. Chamakh hardly plays? Why? Walcot plays all the time, what's his excuse? Walcott out of position? Really? Have you seen him in front of goal recently? So are you saying it's Wenger's fault these guys haven't delivered?

Cripps_orig
14-01-2012, 10:44 PM
But again, check carefully. I'm not the one making excuses or avoiding answering questions. Chamakh hardly plays? Why? Walcot plays all the time, what's his excuse? Walcott out of position? Really? Have you seen him in front of goal recently? So are you saying it's Wenger's fault these guys haven't delivered?So RVP fails and its Chamakhs and/or Theos fault? :lol:

Id say thats an excuse wouldnt you?

Chamakh hardly plays cos RVPs been in great form and more importantly Wenger is a dumbass who refuses to play 2 up top to the detriment of the team. Yes out of position for Theo. Just cos it worked once in a blue moon with Henry over 10 years ago doesnt mean it will again. Nope havent seen him in front of goal cos hes played as a winger. Whos fault would it be? Buck stops with the manager or in your case, the board cos according to you, Wenger is innocent so it must be the board who sorts the team, tactics etc

Im waiting for the next excuse that i can shoot down

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2012, 10:52 PM
So RVP fails and its Chamakhs and/or Theos fault? :lol:

Id say thats an excuse wouldnt you?

Chamakh hardly plays cos RVPs been in great form and more importantly Wenger is a dumbass who refuses to play 2 up top to the detriment of the team. Yes out of position for Theo. Just cos it worked once in a blue moon with Henry over 10 years ago doesnt mean it will again. Nope havent seen him in front of goal cos hes played as a winger. Whos fault would it be? Buck stops with the manager or in your case, the board cos according to you, Wenger is innocent so it must be the board who sorts the team, tactics etc

Im waiting for the next excuse that i can shoot down

Because you called pull about 15 minutes after the last batch of answers sailed past unhindered. But as you say, you might get a lucky shot in.

No, it's not RvP's fault that Walcott couldn't hit the goal with a Trident missile. I'll agree it's Wenger's fault he bought Chamakh, no doubt. Plus it's Wenger's fault he persists with Walcott. We should have better options than that, but we don't so that's why we struggle against teams like Wolves. Which is also why I said we have some influential players coming back who could make a big difference, including creating a few more goal scoring opportunities for more capable players in the team. And even if we only improve a fraction in that department, getting our best defenders back will mean we don't need to score as many anyway. So we'll get stronger. The spuds won't get any stronger, what you see right now is as good as it gets for them. The gap (hopefully) will be around 7 points max come the end of the month. If under those conditions anyone connected to Arsenal is giving up then that's decidedly premature.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-01-2012, 09:41 PM
The controversial Italian was on Monday night charged with violent conduct by the Football Association as a result of his stamp on the face of Tottenham's Scott Parker.

It is the latest talking point in Balotelli's eventful career and it provides critics with further momentum to suggest he should leave City, with AC Milan reportedly interested.

But, speaking on the same evening as his client's FA charge, the representative of the striker, who began his career at Inter Milan under now-City boss Roberto Mancini, ruled out a quick exit.Mario and Roberto are not married, but Mario is grateful," agent Mino Raiola told GR Parlamento.
Economic

"Sometimes they fight and argue, but Balotelli knows what Mancini was and is for him.

"However, I cannot say that Mario will remain at Manchester City for life.

"Certainly he will stay there this season and the next one, too. Then we will see."

Raiola did not totally dismiss Milan's interest in signing Balotelli, but doubted whether the Italian club will ever be able to afford the forward amid the economic recession.

"We know what a difficult time is passing through the Italian market," he said. "Mario is becoming the best player in the world and every year will become increasingly expensive.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7451048/Balotelli-to-stay-until-2013

Marc Overmars
23-01-2012, 09:48 PM
I think the initial backheel into his face was an accident, as he was just following through on the momentum of the shot and he wasn't aware Parker was on the ground, but the 2nd kick was just ridiculous.

Master Splinter
23-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Everyone and their dog and their dog's gran is complaining about consistency and the FA set a wonderful example by letting Lescott off while punishing Balotelli.

The FA :bow:.

What an organisation.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Is Webb claiming he didn't see that incident? He was looking right at it. I thought if the ref hasn't seen it then it can be reviewed but otherwise not. Has that changed?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-01-2012, 10:41 PM
I think they found Balotelli guilty of being Italian and Lescott, not.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2012, 10:59 PM
I think they found Balotelli guilty of being Italian and Lescott, not.

Oh right, the non-English sub-clause, paragraph 9 ruling.

Same shit with Rooney and his pathetic diving.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Teenage midfielder Tomas Prikryl turned down interest from Manchester City in favour of joining Sparta Prague, according to his agent.

The 19-year-old's representative, Viktor Kolar, claims City were among several top English clubs chasing the youngster, while high-profile sides in Germany were also interested.

However, Kolar says the Czech Republic U19 international chose Sparta because he wanted to be playing regularly.

The agent told isport.blesk.cz: "Top clubs from England and Germany wanted him. Among them was Manchester City.

"Tomas' age means he needs to be at a club where he will be playing in a top league. That's why we opted for Sparta."
Right path

Prikyl added: "I have always made small and gradual steps and I believe I have chosen the right path by joining Sparta."

The teenager, who joined Sparta from native club Sigma Olomouc for £500,000, caught the eye of Europe's top clubs on duty for Czech Republic at last summer's U19 European Championship.

Sigma rate Prikyl as highly as young Chelsea defender Tomas Kalas, currently on loan at Vitesse, according to Sparta board member Jakub Otava.

He revealed negotiations with the club were lengthy, saying: "It's because Sigma consider Tomas, along with Tomas Kalas, their greatest talent of recent times."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7452258/Czech-teen-snubbed-City-interest

City :pal:

Ollie the Optimist
24-01-2012, 06:19 PM
still makes me laugh how the FA have been charging people with kicking or stamping this season yet fought tooth and nail to get rooney off a ban for kicking.

really are a joke the fa.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-01-2012, 07:03 PM
What do you expect its the FA they do what they want when it suits them tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Kia Joorabchian, Carlos Tevez's agent, has denied the Argentine has ruled out Paris Saint Germain as a possible conclusion to his transfer saga, but has indicated the striker could stay at Manchester City.
Quotes from Twitter were on Thursday attributed to the forward's representative and seemingly dismissed the Ligue 1 club and Italian giants Inter Milan. (http://topics.skysports.com/Inter+Milan/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
But it has since been confirmed the account in Joorabchian's name is a fake and either PSG or Inter therefore remain possible destinations for Tevez (http://topics.skysports.com/Carlos+Tevez/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif ahead of Tuesday's transfer deadline.
AC Milan (http://topics.skysports.com/AC+Milan/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif are on Friday expected to make a final decision on whether they will continue in their attempt to sign the 27-year-old, who since September has not played due to an infamous bust-up with Roberto Mancini, (http://topics.skysports.com/Roberto+Mancini/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif while Inter and PSG have wavered.
Joorabchian believes a move to PSG could still materialise, if his client does not join Milan or Inter, but if no agreement can be reached then Tevez will stay at City.
Challenge"If Carlos doesn't leave Manchester City (http://topics.skysports.com/Manchester+City/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif this winter, he doesn't rule out the possibility to join PSG in the summer," Joorabchian told L'Equipe. "Carlos has faith in the PSG project.
"You know he had talks with Carlo Ancelotti, (http://topics.skysports.com/Carlo+Ancelotti/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif one of the best coaches in the world. He talked with (PSG director of football) Leonardo. Paris can be a possibility."
Joorabchian later told talkSPORT: "We've been in negotiations with three big clubs, but I don't think they have reached the figures Manchester City want.
"Carlos will remain at Man City until the summer. They [City] would like to move him on, but only at a certain price."
Joorabchian also underlined he has not used a Twitter account to discuss Tevez's future.
He said: "It is a fake Twitter account. I didn't tweet. Above all, Carlos has no problem with Le Championnat (Ligue 1).
"In England, Argentina (http://topics.skysports.com/argentina/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif or Brazil, Carlos won everything. He now needs a new challenge."
Final rushTevez is presently in South America (http://topics.skysports.com/South+America/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif after returning to Argentina on 7th November having agreed with City to waive his wages. The decision has so far cost him £9.3m.
City remain adamant they will not sell for anything less than the £30m valuation they have set for former Manchester United (http://topics.skysports.com/Manchester+United/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif star.
The Premier League leaders' chairman, Khaldoon Al Mubarak, on Tuesday confirmed the club would expect Tevez to honour the remaining two-and-a-half-years of his contract if he is not sold.
But Milan do hope to complete a signing on Friday evening, whether that is Tevez or the completion of the signing of Argentine Maxi Lopez from Catania.
"We are at the final rush", Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani told Milan's official website. "Before 7pm, we will present something."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7459000/Tevez-could-stay-at-City

Marc Overmars
27-01-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't get why he hasn't left yet, what a shit professional.

He's a quality player but not really worth the hassle.

There's no point in City having a set price for him, no one is going to pay OTT for a player who hasn't kicked a ball in months and seemingly has no interest in if he ever does again.

They're still paying him and losing millions anyway, so they should just accept any half decent offer and get rid. Of course the fact they're paying him is probably just peanuts for them anyway.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Wasn't it said he's lost £9m in lost wages and bonuses since his absence?

Good on City for this one. Never thought I'd say that either.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-01-2012, 06:19 PM
I don't get why he hasn't left yet, what a shit professional.

He's a quality player but not really worth the hassle.

There's no point in City having a set price for him, no one is going to pay OTT for a player who hasn't kicked a ball in months and seemingly has no interest in if he ever does again.

They're still paying him and losing millions anyway, so they should just accept any half decent offer and get rid. Of course the fact they're paying him is probably just peanuts for them anyway.

Its the principle of the thing, Just because their loaded does not mean they should be taken for mugs and rightly so. Fergie was indeed right to get rid of this clown and its showing now.

lets be real though had city not been megabucks he'd never have even gone their.

Marc Overmars
27-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Yeah I guess City are right to do this, given they have him under contract.

I bet Tevez ends up retiring by 30.

fakeyank
27-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Wasn't it said he's lost £9m in lost wages and bonuses since his absence?

Good on City for this one. Never thought I'd say that either.

Yea, they dont need to pay him if he is in breach of his contract. Sucks to be him.. couldve been one of the best players in the world and ended up being one of the biggest tools!

Olivier's xmas twist
27-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Yea, they dont need to pay him if he is in breach of his contract. Sucks to be him.. couldve been one of the best players in the world and ended up being one of the biggest tools!

No sympathy when you blindy follow money you dederve everything you get tbh. And that agent of his needs to stfu too even if he is a gooner lol

McNamara That Ghost...
10-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Patrick Vieira believes inconsistent refereeing has sparked conspiracy theories regarding Manchester City's title challenge.

As an ambassador for the club, the former Arsenal and City midfielder is reluctant to suggest that match officials bear a grudge against the Blues.

He is, however, of the opinion that too many debatable decisions have gone against City in recent weeks for them to just brush off the issue.

Vieira admits those inside the Etihad Stadium have been left angered by the recent spate of what they see as bad decisions, with their efforts to land the Premier League crown being undermined by outside interference.

"I don't want to say that everyone is against City but when you look at the last few decisions, you are asking yourself if something is wrong here, if people don't want us to win the league," said the former France international.

"It felt like that anything City do will be amplified and we get punished, compared to the other teams and the other players.
Frustrated

"We are trying our best to win the league and we accept our punishment.

"But when you look what is happening to the other clubs, it makes us really frustrated."

Vieira feels City need to stand up for themselves over this matter, but concedes that inconsistency among the refereeing fraternity is an issue which is likely to leave all clubs feeling aggrieved at some stage in the season.

"Confusion is really dangerous, especially for the referee and the refereeing body," he said.

"They have to be very careful about how they deal with some of the situations.

"A referee has to make a decision he thinks is right. But a good referee is someone who referees with his personality and with common sense, to make the decision that he thinks is right at the moment, not because he is afraid of the consequences - that is not good."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7500752/Inconsistency-irks-Vieira

:lol: They're cracking up.

Xhaka Can’t
10-02-2012, 11:59 AM
We felt the same way when we were slugging it out for the title with United.

And with good reason too.

Marc Overmars
13-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Tevez is returning to City tomorrow, apparently he could play a part in the remainder of the season now.

He's also given an interview today where he said Mancini treated him like a dog. :haha:

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Odds on him scoring the winner against United to win the league for City?

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Tevez is returning to City tomorrow, apparently he could play a part in the remainder of the season now.

He's also given an interview today where he said Mancini treated him like a dog. :haha:

Dogs are allowed to play golf in Argentina? Well I guess if anybody has tried making it happen, it'd be Elreactor.

Flavs
14-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Still cant decide who i despise as a disgrace to football most, Tevez, Suarez or Evra

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 05:32 PM

TBH i think him playing for them will give them a big boost, and probs hand them the league,

Cripps_orig
21-02-2012, 09:34 PM
BREAKING NEWS
Here's a bit of news for you as we approach the full-time whistle in Naples. Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has apologised for his recent conduct following his touchline row with manager Roberto Mancini in September. The 28-year-old returned to the club last week, following a self-imposed, three-month exile in Argentina. "I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions have caused offence," Tevez said in a statement. He has also withdrawn his appeal against the club's misconduct charge.

Was he named in the City 25?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Was he named in the City 25?

Yes always has been,why would they not.

Cripps_orig
21-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Cos he hasnt been in the country?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Cos he hasnt been in the country?

But he has played twice this season which would indicate he was in the 25

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 10:27 PM
But he has played twice this season which would indicate he was in the 25

You resubmit squads at the end of the January transfer window. Don't forget they signed Pizarro.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 10:28 PM
You resubmit squads at the end of the January transfer window. Don't forget they signed Pizarro.

Ah never knew that. But even so i highly doubt they'd leave him out the sqaud

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Aye just checked.

Manchester City: Micah Richards, Joe Hart, Stuart Taylor, Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry, James Milner, Adam Johnson, Gael Clichy, Costel Pantilimon, Pablo Zabaleta, Vincent Kompany,Kolo Toure, Aleksandar Kolarov, Nigel de Jong, Yaya Toure, David Silva, Samir Nasri, Edin Dzeko, Carlos Tevez, Sergio Aguero, David Pizarro, Gunnar Nielsen, Owen Hargreaves.

Coney
21-02-2012, 10:52 PM

I thought he was a painter. :unsure:

Master Splinter
07-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Fat Tevvo returned in some reserve game: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/06/carlos-tevez-goal-manchester-city-bolton

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Players/Player_Photos/2012/3/6/1331075284836/Manchester-City-Reserves--007.jpg

What an abominable fat fuck. Andy Reid is jealous.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-03-2012, 08:36 AM
:bow: Fat South American Footballers.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Who'd have thought Golf alone doesn't improve your stomach?

Coney
07-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Who'd have thought Golf alone doesn't improve your stomach?

He weighs a ton. Like a Golf.

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Fat Tevvo returned in some reserve game: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/06/carlos-tevez-goal-manchester-city-bolton

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Players/Player_Photos/2012/3/6/1331075284836/Manchester-City-Reserves--007.jpg

What an abominable fat fuck. Andy Reid is jealous.

What a disgrace this bloke it. Everything going for him and he decides to chuck it in the bin and eat pizza. An inferior Gascoigne.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-03-2012, 01:34 PM
What a disgrace this bloke it. Everything going for him and he decides to chuck it in the bin and eat pizza. An inferior Gascoigne.

Tevez is a bit of a disgrace too tbh.

Xhaka Can’t
11-03-2012, 05:27 PM
http://h9.abload.de/img/untitled-11fwxa3.gif

Daddy promised he'd buy me the title. Sob, sniff, etc.

GP
11-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Wow what a prick.

Talk about an unearned sense of entitlement.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-03-2012, 06:23 PM
He probably found out Barry had a contract extension tbf.

Also, there was a bust-up between Yaya and Balotelli at half time apparently. :haha:

It's all going to end in tears. I mean, for the rest of them.

Marc Overmars
11-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Agent Mario. :bow:

Cripps_orig
15-03-2012, 06:01 PM
The Manchester City fan who has become on an online sensation since he was seen blubbing during Sunday's defeat by Swansea, has denied he was crying. Instead John Millington says he was just "frustrated and very tired".
Full story: Metro

But City boss Roberto Mancini has pledged to win the Premier League title for the 26-year-old.
Full story: Independent

That fan :haha:

KSE Comedy Club
22-03-2012, 08:41 AM
The media wankfest over Tevez this morning is nothing short of fucking ridiculous.

He made an assist with a quick pass, whoopeefuckingdoo :rolleyes:

Nasri scores the winner with a bit of skill and hardly gets mentioned.

Nasri :pal:

KSE Comedy Club
29-03-2012, 11:01 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-Samir-Nasri-claims-Arsenal-played-him-too-much-article880778.html

Samir Nasri has justified playing fewer games since his move to Manchester City by claiming he was overplayed at Arsenal.

Speaking to Canal + , the France international reportedly said: "At Arsenal, I played too much.

"I score less than at Arsenal, but I don't have the same role."

He went on to say that he has become a better player at the Etihad Stadium following his £24million move last summer:

"I came here to win the title, play at the highest level and I'm improving."

Proper c.unt this guy.

Comments underneath are pretty good though.

Syn
29-03-2012, 11:12 AM

You're doing none of the above, so well done.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-03-2012, 11:46 AM

You're doing none of the above, so well done.

So what do we think of Vieira's comments.

Marc Overmars
29-03-2012, 02:49 PM

So what do we think of Vieira's comments.

Vieira. :lol:

City scum.

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Who changed the thread title? :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Who changed the thread title? :lol:

Im guessing the OP :lol:

Marc Overmars
29-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned but we're playing a friendly against City in Beijing this summer.

Podolski hattrick. :bow:

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 03:31 PM
And its on the same day as the Olympic opening ceremony

Looks like no one will be watching the match then

KSE Comedy Club
29-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Who changed the thread title? :lol:Maccy at my request.

It fits with the other scummy team threads and seems more apt with the way they area carrying on presently.

KSE Comedy Club
29-03-2012, 10:01 PM
And its on the same day as the Olympic opening ceremony

Looks like no one will be watching the match thenFuck that, the Olympics are shit.

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Maccy at my request.

It fits with the other scummy team threads and seems more apt with the way they area carrying on presently.Good to see my "<Insert name here> the muppet" thread titles are catching on

As for the Olympics, most of it is tbh including the opening ceremony. Nevertheless would still watch it seeing as its just around the corner to where i live

KSE Comedy Club
30-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Ach's ...........the muppet thread titles :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Aguero is out of tomorrow's game, Mancini doesn't know how long he'll be out for, calling it 'stupid'. Balotelli probably dropped a hippo on him or something.

Cripps_orig
30-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Tevez to lead City to title glory

Kano
06-04-2012, 02:09 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/9azur5.gif

Japan Shaking All Over
06-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Hahaha. . .give us a go!

Cripps_orig
19-04-2012, 12:31 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4265376/Manchester-City-close-on-30million-striker-Fernando-Llorente.html

And the summer spending spree to buy next seasons title has begun

Marc Overmars
19-04-2012, 07:27 AM

Dzeko hasn't worked out, ohhh lets spend 30m on the next big name striker at the moment!

Olivier's xmas twist
19-04-2012, 07:31 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4265376/Manchester-City-close-on-30million-striker-Fernando-Llorente.html

And the summer spending spree to buy next seasons title has begun

Shocker, City might as well buy the title now and we can save ourselves a whole season tbh. Im sure the fa would love 400 Mill in their accounts.

Coney
19-04-2012, 12:32 PM

Dzeko hasn't worked out, ohhh lets spend 30m on the next big name striker at the moment!

I reckon we could buy Caroll off Liverpool with that kind of money.

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2012, 01:29 PM
So they'll have how many strikers on £200K a week? Unless Redknapp can convince Levy to plunge the spuds into a drowning pool of debt, city will have Adebayor back on the books too. How much do they make a week in revenue? Sounds like they'll be spending it all on about 5 players. Joke club. This isn't about jealously as the gypsies like to claim. This is about making a mockery of the sport we love. Every time city does anything in the market they wreck it for all the other clubs. This is why mediocre players like Bendtner feel justified in making the demands they do, after all they only want a quarter of what that waster Adebayor is on. And the biggest joke, it could well turn out financial fair play (my arse) ends up shitting on the clubs that operate a real business model while giving the citys and barcelonas a free ride.

There should be a 50% tax on all transfers (and wages over a certain amount) with the money going back into a pool that is distributed with a bias towards the smaller clubs. At least citys pathetic behaviour would then benefit football to some degree. They wouldn't miss the money but a small club in the lower leagues would benefit massively with just a few quid. And crappy teams like Portsmouth (or anyone else Redknapp has managed) wouldn't benefit because their dodgy dealing would negate any payback. Barcelona and Madrid should have to pay 90% tax on their rigged TV deals. Teams like that aren't competing, they are outside the sport buying their way through what ought to be be sporting competition.

Joker
19-04-2012, 01:37 PM
For a Libertarian your proposals sound very interventionist. Why should we criticise City for buying players? If there's a willing buyer and a willing seller, why should anyone turn their noses up at a mutually beneficially exchange?

You're also advocating direct redistribution towards the smaller clubs, but you on previous occasions have criticised confiscatory taxation by governments because it penalises talented people and gives free money to so called "feckless", less able individuals, therefore apparently destroying the incentive to better oneself.

If City want to pay big money to players, why should an outside agency stop them from doing so? Surely if you're a believer in the free market, you wouldn't want to interfere in their dealings. If City are overpaying for players, that's their problem, and it will hurt their profits until they realise they need to change direction.

This is why I don't get the criticisms aimed at City by people who are believers in the free market and seem to agree with our "self sustainable" model which involves charging sky-high ticket prices to fleece the fans to benefit the shareholders. It's like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2012, 01:44 PM
For a Libertarian your proposals sound very interventionist. Why should we criticise City for buying players? If there's a willing buyer and a willing seller, why should anyone turn their noses up at a mutually beneficially exchange?

You're also advocating direct redistribution towards the smaller clubs, but you on previous occasions have criticised confiscatory taxation by governments because it penalises talented people and gives free money to so called "feckless", less able individuals, therefore apparently destroying the incentive to better oneself.

If City want to pay big money to players, why should an outside agency stop them from doing so? Surely if you're a believer in the free market, you wouldn't want to interfere in their dealings. If City are overpaying for players, that's their problem, and it will hurt their profits until they realise they need to change direction.

This is why I don't get the criticisms aimed at City by people who are believers in the free market and seem to agree with our "self sustainable" model which involves charging sky-high ticket prices to fleece the fans to benefit the shareholders. It's like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Yeah, you see football is not government. There's a difference. Football has a regulatory body that claims it wants to see clubs operate within the sort of practical boundaries that any other business (bar monopolies) operate within. City's model is so clearly in contravention of this alleged regime it makes your eyes water. Chances are they are still paying the massively inflated wage bills of players that have long since departed, just to get them off the roster so they can sign more mercenaries. And you can turn your argument around. You don't mind city being "free market fundamentalists" within a regulated sporting environment but you do approve of a levy on private affairs by an interventionist state? Slightly odd point of view, corporations (imaginary persons) should get a pass but natural people need to be nailed to the floor.

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2012, 01:52 PM
BTW, it's plain we agree on many aspects of social justice. I hate abusers as much as the next socially aware individual. But human life, rights, actual existence should not be subject to corporate rules and regulations. We are better than that, we are above the animals, we are not creatures to be farmed. Or at least we shouldn't be. If natural people agree to make contracts then that's different. The agreed (mutual consent and mutual benefit) requirement of a contract (btw, this is what makes all statute unlawful by its very nature) is usually fine in a business sense. Both parties agree and that's that. No liberty has been infringed. But there are provisos. If the result of this hypothetical contract causes harm to unrelated third parties then there's a case to be answered. This is where we (probably) fundamentally agree in terms of the way some individuals and business operate. And this is why City are at fault. Their actions clearly have a harmful effect within football as a whole. Given the body they have entered into contract with demand City's behaviour should not occur and is not permitted, why do they turn a blind eye or fall for frivolous tricks like self-sponsorship? City are in breach and it is the other clubs paying the cost of this breach. It should be stopped. Plus they are gypsies and should be killed.

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-04-2012, 02:47 PM
I reckon we could buy Caroll off Liverpool with that kind of money.
You say that as if it's a bad thing.

Coney
19-04-2012, 04:28 PM
:whistle:

Coney
19-04-2012, 04:30 PM
BTW, it's plain we agree on many aspects of social justice. I hate abusers as much as the next socially aware individual. But human life, rights, actual existence should not be subject to corporate rules and regulations. We are better than that, we are above the animals, we are not creatures to be farmed. Or at least we shouldn't be. If natural people agree to make contracts then that's different. The agreed (mutual consent and mutual benefit) requirement of a contract (btw, this is what makes all statute unlawful by its very nature) is usually fine in a business sense. Both parties agree and that's that. No liberty has been infringed. But there are provisos. If the result of this hypothetical contract causes harm to unrelated third parties then there's a case to be answered. This is where we (probably) fundamentally agree in terms of the way some individuals and business operate. And this is why City are at fault. Their actions clearly have a harmful effect within football as a whole. Given the body they have entered into contract with demand City's behaviour should not occur and is not permitted, why do they turn a blind eye or fall for frivolous tricks like self-sponsorship? City are in breach and it is the other clubs paying the cost of this breach. It should be stopped. Plus they are gypsies and should be killed.

Damn right - that last sentence is the nub of the issue. Pikeys are getting everywhere.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-04-2012, 10:44 PM
dzeko is a class player just hasnt been played. what do you expect him to do when he gets a 10 minute appearance every other week? its no coincidence he was banging in goals left right and centre at the start of the season but has tailed off. he needs a manager who believes in him and plays him week in week out. unfortunately at city that will never happen cause roberto is so under pressure to deliver he'll play balotelli, his long lost son, even though dzeko is far better.

absolute goalscorer and proved that wherever he's been, he's on about 17 goals this season and he's hardly played since xmas

dzeko :bow:

would love him here :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
20-04-2012, 05:46 AM
dzeko is a class player just hasnt been played. what do you expect him to do when he gets a 10 minute appearance every other week? its no coincidence he was banging in goals left right and centre at the start of the season but has tailed off. he needs a manager who believes in him and plays him week in week out. unfortunately at city that will never happen cause roberto is so under pressure to deliver he'll play balotelli, his long lost son, even though dzeko is far better.

absolute goalscorer and proved that wherever he's been, he's on about 17 goals this season and he's hardly played since xmas

Have to agree with you there.....I think he would work with us.
Small thing his move to Citeh have now priced us out......if not the transfer fee but in the wages he is going to demand.

Saying that he will probably go back to Wolfsburg or wherever it was for an undisclosed fee and wages we will never get to know the true figure

Kano
20-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Have to agree with you there.....I think he would work with us.
Small thing his move to Citeh have now priced us out......if not the transfer fee but in the wages he is going to demand.

Saying that he will probably go back to Wolfsburg or wherever it was for an undisclosed fee and wages we will never get to know the true figure

I had respect for you until you agreed with that numpties opinion...

Japan Shaking All Over
20-04-2012, 09:56 AM

had to double check myself!

but still think that Dzeko would be a good buy.......

Ollie the Optimist
20-04-2012, 11:10 AM

i think he is a good striker but the bold bit is where i take issue with. the whole of city were playing well and winning games by 4+ goals every time but when the going got tough the whole lot choked and couldnt handle it. our game against them being prime example. its easy to score goals when no pressure but when the pressure was on they choked. for that reason alone im not sure about him. think he is good but could easily become a flop with us

Olivier's xmas twist
20-04-2012, 11:51 AM

He Plays Balotelli over Dzeko because he is better simples.

In the league Dzeko has played 27 games and got 13 goals, Balotelli has played 22 games and got 13 goals.

For me Balotelli is worth is value but is an idiot and needs to improve his behaviour and could become class one day. Not sure Dzeko was ever worth the 35 mill he was bought for.

But i do think Dzeko would have done better joinning us then city but have not sympathy for him for not playing games of late, he knew it be a possibilty when he joined city.

Syn
20-04-2012, 12:07 PM
If you played Vermaelen up front for Man City 27 times, I reckon he'd score more than 13 goals. If you played him in Fabregas' position for Barca, he'd probably score 700. #justsaying

Dennis Bendtner
20-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Dzeko is really not particularly good at football. Bit of an oaf, to be fair. Very much a Football Manager signing from City.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-04-2012, 07:06 PM
I had respect for you until you agreed with that numpties opinion...

numpty? for what, holding opposing views to you and upsetting the equilibrium of this forum?

out of curiosity, how many away points have you collected over the past 3 years? more than 13? didnt think so. not bad for a 'numpty' eh.

Coney
20-04-2012, 07:13 PM

numpty? for what, holding opposing views to you and upsetting the equilibrium of this forum?

out of curiosity, how many away points have you collected over the past 3 years? more than 13? didnt think so. not bad for a 'numpty' eh.

If you deviate too far from the accepted lore, you will be attacked from all sides on GW. :good:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-04-2012, 07:24 PM
He Plays Balotelli over Dzeko because he is better simples.

In the league Dzeko has played 27 games and got 13 goals, Balotelli has played 22 games and got 13 goals.

For me Balotelli is worth is value but is an idiot and needs to improve his behaviour and could become class one day. Not sure Dzeko was ever worth the 35 mill he was bought for.

But i do think Dzeko would have done better joinning us then city but have not sympathy for him for not playing games of late, he knew it be a possibilty when he joined city.

those stats are misleading. since xmas dzeko's hardly had a run in the first team.

in the last 10 premier league games dzeko's only started 2. and in 6 out of those 10 games he came on as a sub, all after the 70th minute (apart from once when he came on in the 60th minute). additionally, in two of those games he was an unused sub.

balotelli on the other hand has started 8 out of man city's last 10 premier league games (prior to norwich). clearly balotelli's been favoured more recently which is why his goals ratio looks better. all dzeko's been getting is 10-20minute cameo appearances which makes his appearance to goals ratio look worse than it actually is.

when dzeko was given a proper run in the side at the beginning of the season he was scoring goals for fun.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is disappointed with the standard of refereeing in the Premier League.

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini unhappy with referees

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is disappointed with the standard of refereeing in the Premier League.

There have been several controversial decisions in recent weeks, most notably City's title rivals Manchester United winning two debatable penalties.

"When I was in Italy I always thought, here, there were the best referees," said Mancini. "My idea has changed.

"I am not frustrated. In Italy we say every place is the same. The rules are not the same for everyone."

Asked if he was referring to United, Mancini said: "I'm not saying this; I don't want to say this.

"I said the rules, maybe sometimes, are different. I can say it is a very strange situation."

United, who hold a five-point lead over City at the top of the table, were awarded a controversial penalty in Sunday's win over Aston Villa, with boss Sir Alex Ferguson admitting Ashley Young "overdid" his fall.

That incident came a week after referee Lee Mason was criticised by QPR boss Mark Hughes for sending off Shaun Derry for a challenge on Young inside the box during the loss at Old Trafford.

Meanwhile, Wigan boss Roberto Martinez claimed his side were victims of "disgusting" decisions in the defeat by Chelsea, whose two goals appeared offside.

"After some of the some of the situations I have seen in the last three or four weeks, I think it is really difficult for us," said Mancini ahead of City's trip to Wolves on Sunday.

"For us it is important to finish well this season. We want to try to win the next game. That will be difficult. Wolves are bottom of the table and it will be a tough game."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17786849

Yeah for like not seeing Balotelli's challenges on Song????

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 09:38 AM
He is just getting his excuses in for when his boys don't win the league. It will be refs fault for favouring UTD

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Always is tbh

We know that better than most

Xhaka Can’t
21-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Tbh, the refs do favour United. Maybe not all of them intentionally, but to finish above United, it isn't good enough to be better than them, you have to be considerably better to overcome the officiating benefits they receive.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 10:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

dont care what anyone says that game was deffo fixed. riley went into that game knowing united were winning at all costs and he was probably paid in one way or another.

we laugh at italy but it happens under our own nose :lol:

Kano
25-04-2012, 08:55 AM

no for your selective retarded posting where in the main you laugh at other peoples opinions.

at least take it back like a man and not a crying child.

Niall_Quinn
25-04-2012, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

dont care what anyone says that game was deffo fixed. riley went into that game knowing united were winning at all costs and he was probably paid in one way or another.

we laugh at italy but it happens under our own nose :lol:

A huge game that shifted the balance of power. Yes of course, obviously fixed. Anyone can just use their eyes to confirm it, but a lot of people prefer to conform rather than confirm.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-04-2012, 04:56 PM
no for your selective retarded posting where in the main you laugh at other peoples opinions.

at least take it back like a man and not a crying child.

:lol: the irony.

no more selective posting than goes on by others elsewhere so drop your personal grievances tosser.

Cripps_orig
02-05-2012, 01:41 PM
HOWARD WEBB will referee Manchester City’s date with destiny at Newcastle on Sunday.

And that has got City fans fuming.

The South Yorkshire official has a long-standing reputation with them for favouring arch-rivals Manchester United.

Webb landed Mario Balotelli in bother by claiming he had not seen his stamp on Scott Parker in January and gave United two penalties as they came from 3-0 down to draw at Chelsea in February.

Kevin Parker, secretary of the City supporters club, declared: “History tells us he has generally favoured United. City fans do feel that.

“We’ll just have to hope that isn’t reflected on Sunday as it’s such a huge day for Manchester City.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4291636/Manchester-City-fans-were-furious-at-Howard-Webb-appointment.html

Fergie has pulled his trump card

Niall_Quinn
02-05-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4291636/Manchester-City-fans-were-furious-at-Howard-Webb-appointment.html

Fergie has pulled his trump card

Other way around by the look of it. Webb will be under pressure now. Which is right, he should be under pressure to be impartial but he'll probably crack under the pressure and cheat his arse off for City.

Think the geordies will stuff them anyway if city play as shit as they did against utd.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Yaya Toure has admitted that "it would be great" if he could move back to Barcelona and finish his playing career at Camp Nou.

The Ivorian midfielder featured for the Blaugrana for three years and was sold to Manchester City for around €30 million in the summer of 2010.

Toure has been a popular figure at the Etihad Stadium and his double at Newcastle on Sunday left City on the cusp of their first top-flight crown in 44 years, but the 28-year-old has revealed his desire to end his career with the Catalan giants.

"I would love to return to Barcelona and finish my playing career there. If they called me, I would not think twice about it," he said in an interview with Catalan radio station RAC1.

"I love the city, and Barca has been the most important club for me. I love Barcelona.

"In the press conference I did when I left, I said I would return. In life you never know what will happen tomorrow. If I could return, it would be great."

Toure then added that new Barca coach Tito Vilanova will be able to carry on Pep Guardiola's work at the club when the latter steps down at the end of this season in what he believes was a bizarre decision.

"It was a little strange, because Guardiola has been a key figure in the success of Barca. But we are all human.

"I know the new coach very well. He is a very good person and his footballing philosophy is similar to Guardiola's. He will be a very good coach."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2012/05/09/3091125/i-would-love-to-return-to-barcelona-and-finish-my-career

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2012, 01:48 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2012/05/09/3091125/i-would-love-to-return-to-barcelona-and-finish-my-career

Ultra whore, makes Ade look like a (relatively) cheap street hooker. Horrible **** and I hope he loses on Sunday. Glad we never signed this sack of shit.

Syn
09-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Shouldn't sign Africans fullstop. If they're not attempting 179739823129837 lobbed through balls with a success rate of exactly 0.000007%, they're ducking out of headers, or whoring themselves out to the highest bidder, or fucking off to the ACoN every other year.

They don't make them like Kanused to.

Master Splinter
09-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Yara retraction coming up.

GP
09-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Shouldn't sign Africans fullstop. If they're not attempting 179739823129837 lobbed through balls with a success rate of exactly 0.000007%, they're ducking out of headers, or whoring themselves out to the highest bidder, or fucking off to the ACoN every other year.

They don't make them like Kanused to.

Africa :lol:

Awful deodorant.

LDG
11-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Nasri oh Nasri, you're a bench warmer for them!
Nasri oh Nasri, why would you want to be a bench warmer for them!
Nasri oh Nasri, you're just a bench warmer for them!
Why would you want to go and be a bench warmer for them!

Letters
11-05-2012, 09:09 AM

Ollie :bow:

Master Splinter
11-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Ollie :bow:

Thursday the 10th called. It wants it's joke back.

Kano
11-05-2012, 09:42 AM
mancini? fook off

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1493505_crying-manchester-city-fan-claims-his-mind-game-tv-tears-inspired-title-turnaround

Marc Overmars
11-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Oh dear. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Didn't they go on to lose to us? Well done that man.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Apps, Manchester (11/05/2012 at 08:58)

Like (5)
ReportI'm sorry John but, from a fellow blue, you sound like a bit of a pleb.

Its safe to say you had NOTHING to do with it and as for your cheeky attempt to be asked to join in the celebrations (or lift the trophy!) nice try.

Why don't you just enjoy what could be one of the best days to be a blue from the stands and stop trying to be a hero
Clucking Bells, Salford (11/05/2012 at 09:06)

Like (1)
ReportWhat a clown.....from a city season ticket holder!

Olivier's xmas twist
11-05-2012, 10:57 AM
mancini? fook off

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1493505_crying-manchester-city-fan-claims-his-mind-game-tv-tears-inspired-title-turnaround

Joker :bow:

LDG
11-05-2012, 11:02 AM

GP
11-05-2012, 11:04 AM

Charlie :bow:

Should be a mod, tbh.

In fact, he would be if he hadn't bit Letters.

Master Splinter
11-05-2012, 11:05 AM

Charlie :bow:

Should be a mod, tbh.

In factm, he would be if he hadn't bit Letters.

factm :bow:.

Charlie's influelnce is spreading.

Joker
11-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Nice to see the usual suspects jumping on the "Joker is a Citeh fan lol" bandwagon.

Why don't you guys try and come up with an independent thought one of these days, rather than following the crowd and repeating tired cliches?

LDG
11-05-2012, 11:13 AM

Charlie is Awlsome, tbf.

Make him mod.

:boiw:

LDG
11-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Nice to see the usual suspects jumping on the "Joker is a Citeh fan lol" bandwagon.

Why don't you guys try and come up with an independent thought one of these days, rather than following the crowd and repeating tired cliches?

Or. You could see the humour in it and take it like a man?

Master Splinter
11-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Charlie is Awlsome, tbf.

Make him mod.

:glp:

He deserves a modhood just for his Jloker bullying.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Charlie is Awlsome, tbf.

Make him mod.

Niall_Quinn
11-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Or. You could see the humour in it and take it like a man city fan?

Fixed.

Kano
11-05-2012, 12:18 PM

lolz

Coney
11-05-2012, 12:40 PM

So are STDs.

Coney
11-05-2012, 12:41 PM

Quite right. They should know you are a spud fan. lol

GP
11-05-2012, 12:49 PM

http://pawsru.org/paws/thumb/paws4498_u-mad1s.jpg

Cripps_orig
15-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Just seen Nasris dig at us :lol:

Pretty funny.

It is amusing how he and us constantly have digs at each other.

Cripps_orig
15-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Roberto Mancini is hoping for another summer of big spending at newly-crowned Premier League champions Manchester City.

City have been able to invest heavily in new players since the arrival of Sheikh Mansour in 2008, with the transfers of stellar names such as Yaya Toure, Sergio Aguero and Mario Balotelli all bankrolled by the billions of the Abu Dhabi group.

Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak has previously said that there is no need for the club to spend similarly large sums this summer, but Mancini has insisted that further investment is key if they are to build on this season’s success.

The Italian told BBC Sport: "Barcelona and Real Madrid every year buy two or three players and spend a lot of money.

"I think for Manchester City it will be the same.

"We need to improve. We need to have the strength to play Champions League and Premier League."

Mancini will also turn his attention to his current crop of players, with speculation continuing to surround the futures of Carlos Tevez and Mario Balotelli.

Tevez was embroiled in a public falling-out with the club during the first part of the season, with his manager insisting he would never again play for the club.

However, the Argentine was welcomed back from a self-imposed exile in his homeland and played an important role in City’s first top-flight success since 1968.

Mancini has stressed that their dispute is now dead and buried, saying of the striker: "It's not difficult to manage Tevez. He's a good guy. We had a good relationship always.

"I don't know why we had that situation in September but in the end he's a good guy and a fantastic player."

There have been reports that the former Inter boss is set be rewarded with a new contract following his title success this season, but he has denied that any such talks between himself and the owner have taken place.

The 47-year-old told Gazzetta dello Sport: "He sent me a message of congratulations, he was happy.

"We haven't spoken about a new contract but I am very happy to work here.

"The basis is here to start a cycle."

£400m not enough then?

Olivier's xmas twist
16-05-2012, 08:49 AM
The agent of Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure claims his client would be willing to listen to offers this summer and has called on Barcelona to make a move.

The Ivory Coast international spent three years at Camp Nou between 2007 and 2010, prior to agreeing a big-money switch to City.

He has enjoyed two successful seasons in England, picking up FA Cup and Premier League winners' medals.

Toure's representative claims the 29-year-old is now in need of 'new motivations' and could be lured away from the Etihad Stadium.

Dimitri Seluk has hinted that a return to Barcelona could be a possibility, while he has suggested that approaches from Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid would be considered.

Situation

"He has done all he can do at City and he needs new motivations," Seluk said in The Sun.

"Toure could sign for many big clubs like Chelsea and Bayern Munich. Also, we would like to see Barca join the race."

He added: "I have not spoken to Barca but they know the situation.

"I do not know if Madrid are interested but Jose Mourinho has liked him since he was at Chelsea."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7759664/Agent-Toure-open-to-offers

Expect him to say how he loves city in 5 hours.

GP
16-05-2012, 09:39 AM
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae331/mattlamb1982/bus.jpg

Niall_Quinn
16-05-2012, 11:30 AM
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae331/mattlamb1982/bus.jpg

funny shit

Olivier's xmas twist
16-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Why would Yaya want to leave City with it being a wonderful club and all i mean their league champions ffs. what more do ya want YAYA.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Manchester City want to sign Spanish star Fernando Llorente and have already had formal talks with his agent according to Spanish daily, AS.
Roberto Mancini’s side secured their first English league crown in 44 years on Sunday after a dramatic game at the Etihad Stadium saw City score two stoppage time goals against QPR to pip cross-town rival United to the title.

The blues already have a wealth of attacking talent at the club however AS claim City are very serious about their interest in Athletic Club‘s Llorente and met the player’s brother, who is also his agent, at a La Rioja winery on 27 April.
It is claimed City see the 27-year-old as the perfect strike partner for Argentine international Sergio Aguero, who scored the goal that clinched the Premier League title at the weekend; a scenario which could see Edin Dzeko return to Germany where the Bosnian has already being linked to Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich.
Llorente was not named in Vicente del Bosque’s prelimenary Spanish squad yesterday as Athletic and Barcelona are yet to face each other in the Copa del Rey final at the Vicente Calderon on 25 May, however he looks certain to make the final squad that will attempt to retain their European Championship title in Poland and the Ukraine next month.

http://elcentrocampista.com/2012/05/man-city-eye-spanish-star-after-talks-with-agent/

Marc Overmars
16-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Of course, the next big must get striker.

25m for Dzeko dumped to the side, no biggie.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez says he has no intention of apologising to Sir Alex Ferguson over the sign he held up about the Manchester United chief.

During City's Premier League title celebrations, a sign saying 'RIP Fergie' was thrown onto the team bus and Tevez held it up.

City were quick to issue a full and formal apology to their nearest rivals, but Tevez insists he does not regret his actions, despite previously releasing a statement saying he got "carried away in the excitement of the moment" and did not mean any disrespect to his former United boss.

On arriving back in his native Argentina for his summer break, the former Manchester United was quizzed on the issue by reporters.

"It seems like Ferguson is the president of England," he is quoted by Ole.

"Every time he speaks badly about a player or says terrible things about me,

nobody says that he has to apologise.

"[But] when someone comes out with a joke or banter, you have to apologise -

but I won't apologise."

Madness

Speaking of City's triumph, he admitted he was delighted to have won the title alongside fellow countrymen Sergio Aguero and Pablo Zabaleta.

"It was an honour to be with Pablo and Kun to win the title, moreover with the problems in England - it is a proud moment," he said.

Tevez admitted he missed Aguero's late goal against Queens Park Rangers which sealed the title success.

"I was in the changing room, I already thought it was over then Dzeko scored, I stayed put and then Kun scored and madness broke out," he said.

Tevez returned for the final few months of the season following his fall-out with the club and manager Roberto Mancini.

"When I got back we talked for a couple of minutes and the record was set straight and I was happy to contribute my little bit," he said.

Asked about his future he said: "For now I am relaxing with my family and we will see."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7761332/Tevez-won-t-apologise

:lol: what a scrote.

KSE Comedy Club
16-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Once again he undermines his club by saying stupid stuff.

Just another player in the long line of egos at citeh.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 01:06 AM
MANCHESTER CITY have made a bold move for AC Milan’s £25m-rated striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Boss Roberto Mancini will pay the Swedish superstar £300,000 a week.

That will easily make him the highest paid player in the Premier League, dwarfing even City midfielder Yaya Toure’s £250,000-a-week deal.

But, incredibly, Ibrahimovic, 30, has asked for time to consider the move.

It is Mancini’s second attempt to bring the ex-Barcelona, Juventus and Inter Milan striker to The Eithad and this time he is determined to succeed.

Mancini signed Ibrahimovic while at Inter Milan for £22m in 2006.

And now he is ready to break the bank to capture the 6ft 5ins forward by offering a massive signing-on fee, huge bonuses and lucrative image rights — as well as that staggering weekly wage.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4321515/Manchester-City-target-25m-Zlatan-Ibrahimovic.html

Coney
17-05-2012, 08:13 AM
But, incredibly, Ibrahimovic, 30, has asked for time to consider the move.

Why is it incredible that a guy who has probably already earned a shed load more dosh than he spends not want to consider whether he can be arsed to move.

I'd move for money because I haven't got a lot, but after a certain level, if I was comfortable where I was, I'd think twice about moving. Getting offered, say, 50k a week instead of my salary is a no-brainer, choosing whether to change from 90k a week to 100k a week (or whatever the numbers are), the money is less of a factor.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Milan. :lol:

They're just a smalltime club. :rolleyes:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Why is it incredible that a guy who has probably already earned a shed load more dosh than he spends not want to consider whether he can be arsed to move.

I'd move for money because I haven't got a lot, but after a certain level, if I was comfortable where I was, I'd think twice about moving. Getting offered, say, 50k a week instead of my salary is a no-brainer, choosing whether to change from 90k a week to 100k a week (or whatever the numbers are), the money is less of a factor.

He wants to seem like he is not a money Grabbing **** but like he had made such a hard Decision.

SO they want Him/RVP/Canvani plus the 4 or 5 strikers they already have. Wonder who they will want next. Suraez maybe?

Olivier's xmas twist
17-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Edin Dzeko's representative has rubbished reports suggesting his client is preparing to quit Manchester City this summer.

The Bosnia international arrived at the Etihad Stadium in January 2011 with a big reputation, but has struggled to produce his best in England.

A flying start to the 2011/12 campaign suggested he had found his feet, but he spent the rest of the season slipping in and out of Roberto Mancini's side.

He was, however, able to net a crucial header on the final day of the season as City secured the Premier League title in spectacular style and ended with 19 goals in 40 appearances.

Dzeko is determined to build on that return next term, aiding City's quest to land further silverware, and his agent insists there is no chance of him leaving for pastures new.

Serious

"Everything that is being said about Edin's transfer away from Manchester City is purely media speculation," Irfan Redzepagic told SportSport.

"Journalists have to write something, that is their job and I understand that.

"But let's be serious, Edin is more than happy at City and there is no way that he would go somewhere else.

"Let's stop talking about transfers right away."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7762637/Dzeko-plans-City-stay

Mancini :pal:

No chance he can sell him after the goal he scored.

Master Splinter
17-05-2012, 09:19 PM
No chance he can sell him after the goal he scored.

He'll just go on loan back to Germany, while Citeh pay his £325k wages for three years and they get in another five £40m strikers.

Ambition :bow:.

It's like passion, but better.

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Why don't city just buy all the other teams in one go rather than farting around with this buying 50-60 players a season lark? Small time thinking.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Yep and lets give them the League and CL title for the next 2 seasons and be done with it.

Kano
17-05-2012, 09:56 PM
not sure if capello apparently pandering after the chelsea job this week will prove to be a good or bad thing for di matteo for saturday.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has sparked doubt over his long-term future at the club after admitting his affection for former employers Barcelona.The 29-year-old has been at City for just two seasons after signing a five-year contract in 2010, following a £24 million move from the Catalan club.

But, whilst the Ivorian insists that he is content in Manchester, he confessed that he still has a soft spot for his old team.Talking to Spanish radio station Ona FM, Toure said: "Barca is the most important team for me, I feel happy at City but everything could change in the next couple of years ... or days.

"I have always been a Barca fan. In England I always saw their matches, and I feel like a Catalan."

The Ivorian, who has scored 21 goals in 92 appearances for Roberto Mancini's side, also moved to distance himself from a rumoured move to Real Madrid.

He added: "Barcelona fans would be mad if they saw me at Madrid, I understand that, but now I have to rest and see what the future lies for me.

"People have been talking a lot about me and Madrid, but for me the most important thing is to win and be happy."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/17/3109900/yaya-toure-barcelona-is-the-most-important-team-for-me

:bow: Doddgy Agents.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Hes 29 already?

Olivier's xmas twist
17-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Hes 29 already?

Come on dude He's African he was 29, 20 years ago.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 10:22 PM
An excellent point, well made

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Lavezzi latest to be linked now

Olivier's xmas twist
18-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Joker has also been linked with a 50Mill Transfer to City, Appretnly its been agreed, Just Personal terms need to Accepted for it to be completed.

Marc Overmars
18-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Villa Park will host the Community Shield between City and Chelsea because Wembley is in use for the Olympics.

LDG
18-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Come on dude He's African he was 29, 20 years ago.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-05-2012, 05:13 PM
UEFA president Michel Platini has told clubs to be careful about what they spend under new rules and is concerned about what could happen to Manchester City if their owners leave the club.

Financial Fair Play rules are being introduced to make sure European football is played on a more level playing field and by 2013/14 clubs will be required to break even on their balance sheets.

For the first couple of years a €45m (£36m) deficit will be considered an 'acceptable deviation' but clubs will then start getting punished for spending more than they earn.

Manchester City have invested heavily in their squad since Sheikh Mansour's Abu Dhabi United Group took over and this season they became Premier League champions.

Platini insists that money does not guarantee success, however, and has fired a warning about the future.

"We have to protect the clubs, because until they pay Manchester City will be happy but if they (the owners) leave Manchester City what is going to happen with this club?" Platini said in an interview with Fox Soccer America and broadcast on Sky Sports News.

Rules on suspensions

Platini was speaking ahead of the UEFA Champions League final on Saturday between Bayern Munich and Chelsea at the Allianz Arena.

Seven players altogether are suspended for the European showpiece, with John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic, Ramires and Raul Meireles missing for Chelsea and Bayern without Luiz Gustavo, David Alaba and Holger Badstuber.

While Terry was sent off in the second leg of the semi-final against Barcelona for kicking out at Alexis Sanchez, the other six are banned after receiving yellow cards.

A plea from the international players' union, FIFPro, for these players to be allowed to play was rejected by UEFA, but Platini is prepared to review the rules in another three years.

He said: "Why not? I am totally open to having the best team to play in the final of the Champions League.

"It could be a discussion and could be matter of thinking."

DamagingPlatini also reiterated his opposition to goal-line technology, even though it appears to be edging closer after FIFA ordered the final phase of testing to be carried out last month.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore has said goal-line technology could start in English football halfway through next season, but Platini does not want it in the Champions League.

He says it would not be long before technology was used for other aspects of the game and that would prove damaging.

"The goal-line technology will be the beginning of the technology," he said.

"Why not goal-line technology, why not penalty area technology or corner line technology? Why not have technology on all the lines like in tennis?

"The red card of Terry was seen by the additional referee, not by the referee or by goal-line technology."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7763413/Platini-warns-City

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Former England international Owen Hargreaves has been released by Premier League champions Manchester City.
Injury-hit Hargreaves, 31, made just four appearances for the Blues following his shock switch to the Etihad Stadium last August.
The midfielder had been released by neighbours Manchester United after a catalogue of injuries restricted him to four outings in three seasons at Old Trafford.
But he was snapped up on a one-year deal by Roberto Mancini after posting daily fitness videos on YouTube in an attempt to attract a new club.
Hargreaves heads the list of four players released by City, which includes Israeli midfielder Gai Assulin, plus Academy graduates Ahmed Benali and Sean Tse.
A City statement said: "We thank all our departing players for their services to the club and we wish them the best for the future."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7772090/City-show-door-to-Hargreaves

KSE Comedy Club
23-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Congrats to citeh for setting another record :scarf:

They have posted a loss of £197m for this season, the biggest single-year loss by a football club in history.

Well done :good:

Cripps_orig
23-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Their success wasnt down to money though

:deludedpplonGW:

Kano
23-07-2012, 02:54 PM
PREMIER League champions Manchester City have tabled an offer to buy up Arsenal’s entire roll-call of honours for an estimated £250 million, plus Adam Johnson.

This could all un-happen

If accepted, the offer would see City retrospectively crowned league double winners in 1970-71, 1997-98 and 2001-2002, first division champions three seasons running between 1933 and 1935 as well as last-gasp victors in 1989 when they went to Anfield and snatched the title from Liverpool.

The transfer of history would also mean that the 1939 film The Arsenal Stadium Mystery, to which City’s owners have acquired all rights, would be renamed The Etihad Stadium Mystery.

Furthermore, copies of Nick Hornby’s Fever Pitch are set to be recalled and a new edition written, culminating in Manchester City’s thrilling Division Two play-off victory in 1999 when they upset the odds to beat Gillingham.

Insiders say that the money would be used to strengthen Arsenals squad, with £1.5 million of it put towards a bid for Laurent Ouidy, the injury-prone French winger whose three goals for FC Pantalon almost saved them from relegation last season.

The rest would be used to service the debt on the Emirates stadium, reupholster the executive restaurant dining lounge and as lavatory paper for the club’s shareholders.

Nathan Muir, senior accountant at Arsenal FC, said, “I know fans think trophies are what count – trust me, they’re not. Have you seen the Inter Cities Fairs Cup? You take that mantelpiece bauble down to a car boot sale and trust me, you’ll be driving the bugger home.”

Professor Henry Brubaker of the Institute For Studies said, “Clubs trading each others’ histories is nothing new. Deals like this have been commonplace in football for years.

“Take Manchester United – a nothing team until 1980, when they came into cash and did exactly the same thing as City. Nowadays, no one remembers it was originally Port Vale who beat Benfica to win the 1968 European Cup.”
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/manchester-city-makes-250-million-bid-for-arsenals-history-2012072335298

Cripps_orig
26-07-2012, 11:41 AM
ROBERTO MANCINI has gone public on his rift with Manchester City top brass.

SunSport revealed this week that Mancini is furious with football director Brian Marwood for failing to land Robin van Persie.

Mancini wanted the transfer sorted out quickly but has been left frustrated as City drag their heels.

And although he did not mention Marwood by name, the Italian was clear where the blame lies.

He said: “For this question, speak to the man in charge.

“I am not in charge of this.

“It is important to get players quickly because, after what we did last year, we must continue to win.

“This year will be harder than last so we need to improve our team.

“We have a man who works for this and we hope that they can do a good job.”

Marc Overmars
26-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Agent Marwood. :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
11-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Fuckin ell.

All this**** does now is moan everyday about how they haven't bought anyone in this window.

Poor bastard, I don't know how they will survive another season with the bare minimum of players they have

:sulk: :rolleyes:

Cripps_orig
12-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Agent Marwood :bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-08-2012, 11:19 AM
city have agreed a fee with everton for jack rodwell.

a good deep lying playmaker. barry's replacement probably.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Citeh have done well to hold off on buying someone until August.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Quite injury prone isn't he?

I expect the fee will be above £20m in any case...

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-08-2012, 11:41 AM
just happy as it means they won't be fishing for jack now. they've now got their young, deep lying englishman so can kindly fuck off.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Quite injury prone isn't he?

I expect the fee will be above £20m in any case...

He is, having said that Citeh's medical staff are quite impressive by all accounts. Although there was no saving Hargreaves.