PDA

View Full Version : Pep the Muppet and Other Citeh Shit

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-08-2012, 11:47 AM
He is, having said that Citeh's medical staff are quite impressive by all accounts. Although there was no saving Hargreaves.
Not even Jesus could have helped Hargreaves.

Although actually most are saying the fee is nearer £15m. I'd rather have Allen :ninja:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-08-2012, 11:48 AM
He is, having said that Citeh's medical staff are quite impressive by all accounts. Although there was no saving Hargreaves.

tbf its a good bit of business. 20m for an injury prone player. everton wont miss him at all because he's hardly played.

ross barkley is much more promising and that 20m can be invested properly. although cahill going in the same summer might be pushing it, we'll just have to see how they cope.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Not even Jesus could have helped Hargreaves.

Although actually most are saying the fee is nearer £15m. I'd rather have Allen :ninja:

Allen is essential for how Rodgers likes his teams to play, without being anything particularly special.

And SWAYR yeah, for Everton that's the only way they are going to have money for players so selling someone like that is the best thing to do. Not sure if they're planning to replace Cahill at all, maybe with someone that can score goals with their feet and not just their head.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Allen is essential for how Rodgers likes his teams to play, without being anything particularly special.

He's a decent player. Probably not £15m-worth but if he gets us playing more like how Rodgers wants to play then so be it. Having someone who is actually comfortable in possession and know how and when to pass it puts him above most other British players. And Rodgers seems to love him (a little too much actually...) so I'm willing to wait and see. A midfield of Lucas, Allen and Gerrard (if they can all stay fit) is infinitely preferable to last season.

As for the fee, I think I'm becoming desensitized to big numbers, and seeing as we've slashed the wage bill then it's all swings and roundabouts...

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Rodwell completes his move. His fee starts at around £12m and can rise to around £18m apparently.

He is young and this is the first time he is at a club that plays to win. It will be different for him.

:lol: I'm starting to like him...

Master Splinter
13-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Rodwell to Citeh is quite a strange one.

He'll be at West Ham/Sunderland/Stoke in a few years.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Closing in on Jovetic apparently

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Aguero back within a month apparently

Need to get their medical staff to ours asap

Had that happened to an Arsenal player, he'd be Wilshered for ages

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Citeh have left Kolo out of their CL squad.

:haha:

Cripps_orig
05-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Hes gone

Probably to Turkey

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Spanish star David Silva has signed a new five-year contract with Manchester City, the Premier League champions have confirmed.

The 26-year-old had two years left on the deal he signed when he joined the club from Valencia in 2010.

Reports had suggested Silva was set to agree terms on a new long-term deal worth £200,000 per week and City have confirmed that he has now put pen-to-paper.

The player revealed his delight at committing to City to 2017, telling the club's official website: "I'm very pleased."I've been here for two years now and I feel very happy here at the club, in the city and with all the people.

"So now I'm delighted to be extending my contract and being here really does feel just like home for me.

"We've won the Premier League title and two other trophies too, and the team is growing and we are now aiming at the Champions League and so that also is another reason to want to stay here and try and win it.

"As I said, I feel very comfortable here and I want to try and win trophies like those.

"These last two years have gone very well and so let's hope that the next five go as well or even better.

"The fans have always given me their support since I arrived here, and recently they've been wanting me to sign, so hopefully this goes someway to thanking them for the affection they've shown towards me, something which also helped me decide to put pen to paper."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8086519/Silva-pens-City-deal

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Silva signs a new 5 year contract

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 04:05 PM
"The fans have always given me their support since I arrived here, and recently they've been wanting me to sign, so hopefully this goes someway to thanking them for the affection they've shown towards me, something which also helped me decide to put pen to paper."

LOL. How gracious. The fans support has swayed him. And the £52mill may have helped a little. What a nonsense outfit City are. How many players do they have on this sort of money now? Seems to be their standard offer.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Good to see Silva signing for the fans and not the money

Faith in football is being restored little by little

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Good to see Silva signing for the fans and not the money

Faith in football is being restored little by little

LOL.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Silva :bow: what a man thinking of the fans.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-09-2012, 05:39 PM
who would you rather have? silva or cazorla?

tough one that

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Silva

Shaqiri Is Boss
17-09-2012, 05:41 PM
If I had to choose, Silva.

Though I wouldn't exactly turn my nose up at either of them.

Although, are we taking everything into the equation, so including wages? Because I imagine Silva would be getting a ridiculous wage, Cazorla not so much. If finances are included then probably Cazorla on balance.

Xhaka Can’t
17-09-2012, 05:44 PM

tough one that

This is easy.

Silva, because he is always thinking about the fans.

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 05:58 PM
This is easy.

Silva, because he is always thinking about the fans.

Yep, Silva because he fed the hungry and sheltered the homeless.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2012, 06:01 PM

tough one that

Not sure, David Silva did fade last season in the second half so on this occasion I'll just wait until May.

Every team needs a Spanish midget though.

Xhaka Can’t
17-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Not sure, David Silva did fade last season in the second half so on this occasion I'll just wait until May.

Only because he was busy raising money for orphans.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Not with as much money as he can now though. A true martyr.

Marc Overmars
17-09-2012, 06:16 PM

tough one that

Silva, just. He's got to be classed as pretty damn good to start for Spain, whereas Cazorla wouldn't be in their best 11.

There's not really anything between them though, I mean most of Spain's 2nd string can do what Silva and Cazorla do anyway.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-09-2012, 06:17 PM
If I had to choose, Silva.

Though I wouldn't exactly turn my nose up at either of them.

Although, are we taking everything into the equation, so including wages? Because I imagine Silva would be getting a ridiculous wage, Cazorla not so much. If finances are included then probably Cazorla on balance.

good point.

i do like the ease at which cazorla has settled though. silva took a bit of time to get things flowing but cazorla looks like he's been here for years. im not sure how good cazorla is out on the right so silva may beat him in terms of versatility. but as maccy says, he's faded dramatically. probably tiredness though, he was playing every game for city last season then went euro's.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-09-2012, 06:18 PM

Every team needs a Spanish midget though.

you watch a lot of la liga. how good is cazorla on the right? i know he can play there but anywhere near as effective as silva on the wing?

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Silva just about though.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2012, 06:27 PM
you watch a lot of la liga. how good is cazorla on the right? i know he can play there but anywhere near as effective as silva on the wing?

That's where he mainly played for Villarreal IIRC and obviously they had a very good team! Didn't get to play against us though for various reasons. However yes, very good.

Also, MO, David Silva does play for Spain or start for Spain in tournaments but Cazorla does start or feature often in qualifiers.

Master Splinter
17-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Silva basically had a Nasri-like season.

Excellent before Christmas, then almost completely faded. He's been coming off the bench recently too.

Although I'd always pick Milner and Sinclair over him as well tbf.

Early days obviously, but Cazorla seems a bit tougher too, like Sir Jack. Midget Spanish Warriors.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Think Silva has more of an end product.

Cazorla has looked great on the ball but sooner or later, he will need to produce assists and goals and past history suggests hes not the best scorer

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 09:21 PM
You also need to factor in Silva being a manc ****.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 09:22 PM
You also need to factor in Silva being a manc ****.

True but thats countered by him restoring fans faith back in to football as he stayed for the fans whereas most stay for money

Great man, great player

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 09:37 PM
True but thats countered by him restoring fans faith back in to football as he stayed for the fans whereas most stay for money

Great man, great player

And he cured the lepers and made those who could not walk pick up their sackcloth and walk, and he drove out the demons, all for the bargain bucket fee of 52 million quid.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Money played a part of course. It does in every contract negotiation ever not just in football.

He could have earned more at Real though but stayed for the fans

:bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Money played a part of course. It does in every contract negotiation ever not just in football.

He could have earned more at Real though but stayed for the fans

:bow:

What a man. what a hero. Should name a stand after him tbh.

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 09:46 PM
What a man. what a hero. Should name a stand after him tbh.

Name a whole stadium - the Jesus Fucking Silva Christ Arena

Seriously though, with this guy even if the money had not been on the table he'd have signed - for the fans.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 09:48 PM
He is the silva lining for football

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Name a whole stadium - the Jesus Fucking Silva Christ Arena

Seriously though, with this guy even if the money had not been on the table he'd have signed - for the fans.

Yep proper legend. Who cares about 200K a week that is nothing wages, compared to the love for the fans.

Theo take note.

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Yep proper legend. Who cares about 200K a week that is nothing wages, compared to the love for the fans.

Theo take note.

I'm sure Theo is taking notes. He probably wants £120K now.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm sure Theo is taking notes. He probably wants £120K now.

:lol: don't worry he'll stay for the fans.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Think Silva has more of an end product.

Cazorla has looked great on the ball but sooner or later, he will need to produce assists and goals and past history suggests hes not the best scorer

Past history suggests they score about the same amount. 18 chances created this season, more than any other suggests he has 'end product'. He hasn't mastered mind control though so he can't make other people score for him, like Giroud against Sunderland.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Past history suggests they score about the same amount. 18 chances created this season, more than any other suggests he has 'end product'. He hasn't mastered mind control though so he can't make other people score for him, like Giroud against Sunderland.

Not good enough tbh

Should be sold

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Not good enough tbh

Should be sold

He will be.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 11:50 PM
He will be.

And yet you will still side with Wenger

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 11:52 PM
And yet you will still side with Wenger

Only because he's my dad.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-09-2012, 11:56 PM
tbf he threw his arms up in the air 236.345333857 times on saturday. would make any son proud.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Only because he's my dad.

Would answer a lot of questions i have about you

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Mancini has told Hart to STFU. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
19-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Mancini has told Hart to STFU. :lol:

Durham said he was wrong to, and that Hart was only doing what she should. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Well Hart is as he said the best keeper in the world and he is English. I guess that gives him credence to say whatever he wants.

Cripps_orig
25-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Mancini :wave:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Citeh. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
25-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Nah their above this comp now. You know it will be said.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Barcelona have hit out at Manchester City in accusing them of unsettling their players after they were linked with a move for Sergio Busquets.

Reports have suggested City are lining up a big-money move for Spain international Busquets as they look to bolster their midfield options.

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has blasted City and warned them off making a move for Busquets.

Rosell also aimed a swipe at Arsenal for their raids on the club's academy, accusing the capital outfit of luring away their best young players with money.

"Manchester City want to remove our players and want to destabilise us," said Rosell. "It also happens with Arsenal, who come knocking for youth football players and offer them a lot of money.

"Now City have joined in. We are the enemy to beat.

"There are a lot of people who don't want us to win.

"But we must be calm - Busquets is another example like Messi, Valdes, Xavi, Puyol and the rest.

"We have great players and they are 100 per cent Barcelona."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8174552/Barcelona-accuse-Manchester-City-of-unsettling-Sergio-Busquets

Barca what ****s.

GP
18-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Real/Barca :haha:

Marc Overmars
18-10-2012, 12:25 PM
A bit rich coming from them. Swings and roundabouts, no need to cry their bitch mouths about it.

Marc Overmars
28-10-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20114517

Manchester City have appointed former Barcelona technical director Txiki Begiristain as their director of football in a management restructure.

Mancini. :wave:

Pep in soon?

GP
28-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Cheeky :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
28-10-2012, 04:53 PM
:haha: Mancini

Not a shock really, you could see the players were getting fed up with him in the Ajax game. Lets be honest their out the CL more or less don't think that is good enough for them. 2nd year in a row and not even getting out the group.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Roberto Mancini has dismissed Manchester City's chances of being genuine contenders for the Champions League title, ahead of their must-win game against Ajax.

The Italian has already admitted City need "a miracle" to salvage their campaign after taking just one point from their opening three group games.

And he pointed to Chelsea's decade-long struggle to lift Europe's elite trophy as he warned supporters they could face a long wait for the ultimate piece of silverware.

"I don't think that we are ready to win the Champions League," Mancini said. "If we say this, we are not honest."We are a good team. We are not ready like the other teams.

"Chelsea tried for 10 years to win the Champions League. They were probably the best team in Europe for 10 years and they won it after 10 years, probably when they didn't deserve to.

"They deserved to win it three or four years before. The Champions League is like this.

"If we are very good, we are fantastic, we win the next three games, everything can happen. But, before, the way is very long."

After Ajax at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday, City face Real Madrid at home and Borussia Dortmund away."The players owe me three big performances," he added. "We have less chance of qualifying for the next round but, when you're a top team, even when you're out, you should play 100 per cent in every game."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8226174/Roberto-Mancini-writes-off-Manchester-City-s-Champions-League-hopes

Such a strange thing to say, not even Chavs managers would have said this before an important game. As Champions of England they should be ready.

Marc Overmars
05-11-2012, 11:17 AM
My heart bleeds for them.

GP
05-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Mancini has never performed in the Champions League. His Inter side were capable but he could never get the job done.

Kano
05-11-2012, 11:48 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8226174/Roberto-Mancini-writes-off-Manchester-City-s-Champions-League-hopes

Such a strange thing to say, not even Chavs managers would have said this before an important game. As Champions of England they should be ready.

that's his thing. he done it last season for the league. either to take the heat off the players or to give them a kick up the arse to show and prove.

they'll beat ajax and hang on for another couple of weeks but they'll fuck it up.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Mancini has never performed in the Champions League. His Inter side were capable but he could never get the job done.

This is true. He is the problem. With that attitude, they'd never win it.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 12:49 PM
that's his thing. he done it last season for the league. either to take the heat off the players or to give them a kick up the arse to show and prove.

they'll beat ajax and hang on for another couple of weeks but they'll fuck it up.

Maybe, still think it was stupid to say, Just seems to me he is getting the excuses in early.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Roberto Mancini says his Manchester City record demands respect rather than persistent speculation about his future.

The Italian admitted recently he held talks with "seven or eight" clubs before signing a new City contract in the summer - weeks after delivering a first English title since 1968.

And questioned over his revelation ahead of Tuesday's key UEFA Champions League game against Ajax, a clearly irritated Mancini rounded on reporters.

He said: "I don't understand why you continue to ask me about a move. Why? This is finished.

"I stay here because my work is here. I worked for two years. I built with the chairman and the owner, this team. We won three trophies in two years. For 50 years we didn't win. Never.

"I am polite because I answered your questions. Every year I can have two or three new situations where I can go.

"When you have a new team, the strong work is the first two years. We won three trophies in two years, you should have respect for this, for me, for the club."

The Italian has already admitted City need "a miracle" to salvage their Champions League campaign after taking just one point from their opening three group games and has dismissed their chances of being genuine contenders for the title

And he pointed to Chelsea's decade-long struggle to lift Europe's elite trophy as he warned supporters they could face a long wait for the ultimate piece of silverware.

"I don't think that we are ready to win the Champions League," Mancini said. "If we say this, we are not honest.

"We are a good team. We are not ready like the other teams.

"Chelsea tried for 10 years to win the Champions League. They were probably the best team in Europe for 10 years and they won it after 10 years, probably when they didn't deserve to.

"They deserved to win it three or four years before. The Champions League is like this.

"If we are very good, we are fantastic, we win the next three games, everything can happen. But, before, the way is very long."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8227062/Roberto-Mancini-demands-respect-for-delivering-success-at-Manchester-City

Cripps_orig
09-11-2012, 04:46 PM
PEP GUARDIOLA has turned up the heat on Roberto Mancini by opening the door for a summer switch to Manchester City.
The former Barcelona coach is currently having a year out of football after quitting the Spanish giants at the end of last season.
Now his representatives have admitted the English champions are one of the clubs the ex-Spain international would consider.
His agent Jose Maria Orobitg played down an imminent switch to AC Milan by saying: “The doors are open for them, just like they are open for Manchester City, Chelsea and so on.
“Pep will listen to offers and then he will evaluate them.
“But so far we haven’t talked about Milan because Guardiola won’t be coaching until next season.”
A move to the Etihad has become a more viable option with his old Nou Camp bosses Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain now in positions of power at City.
Mancini had his first proper chat with director of football Begiristain yesterday as they discussed the way forward for the club at a strategy meeting.
The Italian is believed to be still keen on a renewed move for Roma skipper Daniele de Rossi, who turned down a £30million switch in the summer.
Sources at City have indicated that Mancini’s job is not under any immediate threat despite their disappointing showing in the Champions League.
But the pressure will be on him to ensure City retain the Premier League crown which they won in such dramatic circumstances in May.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4632881/Pep-Guardiola-up-for-Manchester-City-job.html#ixzz2BkEYrAxM

Hope this happens

Pep :haha:

Marc Overmars
20-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Not sure how legit this is, but a picture of Tevez's payslip has apparently been leaked.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8ArVstCMAAvTxn.jpg:large

:wacko:

Niall_Quinn
20-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Looks fake. All genuine correspondence to Tevez would have **** stamped across it in red.

Niall_Quinn
20-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Hope this happens

Pep :haha:

Pep to finally slay the doubters and prove he can manage any team provided he has a billion quid to spend?

Olivier's xmas twist
28-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Manchester City assistant coach David Platt has been suspended for two matches after being sent off during the Champions League match against Real Madrid, Uefa has confirmed

Platt's punishment comes after he was sent to the stands by Italian referee Gianluca Rocchi during the 1-1 Champions League draw with Real Madrid at the Etihad.

Uefa also announced that City have also been fined 12,000 euros for the improper conduct of the team after picking up five cards or more in the same match.

Platt will be banned for next week's match against Borussia Dortmund and the next European game City are involved in - though he has the right to appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/20522294

GP
28-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Not sure how legit this is, but a picture of Tevez's payslip has apparently been leaked.

So, on top of his 700k basic, he gets a 20k accommodation allowance? :lol:

Marc Overmars
28-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah, pretty fucked up.

Taxed over 300k as well. Ouch.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-11-2012, 04:53 PM
fa fine £24 :haha:

GP
28-11-2012, 04:56 PM
fa fine £24 :haha:

That'll learn him.

Marc Overmars
28-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Yellow card fine, what a deterrent. :lol:

LDG
28-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Yellow card fine, what a deterrent. :lol:

Sure that's what you get in any football association game, whatever league you're in.

You would have thought they might increment it a bit!

Injury Time
28-11-2012, 06:18 PM

Fake been doing the rounds for a couple weeks

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has taken a swipe at his bitter rival Jose Mourinho, claiming the Special One is shamelessly touting himself around Europe for a new club.

Mancini has had the shadow of Real Madrid manager Mourinho hanging over him since he took the City job in 2009 and their relationship – always strained after Mourinho replaced him at Inter Milan – dipped to a new low when they failed to shake hands after Madrid's recent Champions League draw at The Etihad Stadium, and Mourinho pointedly indicated he would have been sacked in Spain for failing to reach the knockout stages of the tournament.Now, ahead of the final round of Champions League group matches this week, Mancini has had his revenge, sarcastically quipping to suggestions Mourinho would be City's next manager in the summer: 'I am happy'.The Italian then added: 'I read that one day Mourinho is going to PSG, one day he's in Inter, Manchester City, Manchester United, then Chelsea. I think he works well for this.

'It's not important though. This is our job and I don't feel any pressure.'

Mourinho, whose Real side are badly trailing Barcelona in La Liga, walked off the pitch at City a fortnight ago without shaking Mancini's hand.

Mancini won three Serie A titles at Inter but was then trumped by Mourinho who led the club to the Champions League.

Mourinho also sold Mario Balotelli to City, claiming he was 'unmanageable' in contrast to Mancini who has given the young Italian striker several chances to prove himself on and off the pitch.

Mourinho has often spoken of his desire to return to England despite currently holding a long-term contract in Madrid.

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has gone on record in the past to say he has the credentials to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford. City travel to Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday with qualification for the Europa League the best they can hope for.

Dortmund and Madrid have already gone through to the last 16 from the group.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2241605/Roberto-Mancini-takes-swipe-Jose-Mourinho-touting-new-club.html#ixzz2DzWNJ1Yz

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-12-2012, 11:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kur5sS3EWQs

Balotelli's is good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n4oKv7YhxiQ

Marc Overmars
04-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Kolarovbot. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
05-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says he is not embarrassed by his side's miserable European campaign.

City were already out of the Champions League before Tuesday's 1-0 defeat by Borussia Dortmund, but a win would have booked a Europa League spot.

Their tally of three points is the lowest by an English side in the group stage of the competition.

"It can be embarrassing if you don't play at 100%. But when you do play 100%, you can lose," said Mancini. Blackburn previously held the record for the lowest points accumulated by an English side with their four points in 1995.

Rovers managed one victory in their six matches but City failed to win a game as they were knocked out at the group stage for the second successive year.

Last season they finished third in a group featuring Bayern Munich, Napoli and Villarreal with a much more respectable 10 points that gave them Europa League qualification.

Defeat at the Westfalenstadion on Tuesday meant Mancini's side finished bottom of Group D.

A victory would have seen them finish third again, above Ajax, put them in the Europa League and boosted their co-efficient - statistics used for ranking - crucial for their seeding in European competition next season.

But it would also have meant a tiring Thursday-Sunday cycle of up to nine matches were they to reach this year's Europa League final in Amsterdam.

Despite admitting he wanted to reach Europe's second-tier competition, Mancini believes not qualifying will help them in their bid to retain the Premier League title.

"Clearly this can help us win the Premier League because we don't play in the Europa League," Mancini said.

"But getting into it was our target. We wanted to win.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20603856

Mancini what a tit.

Getting into the Cl trophy :bow:

Says it all when the manager of the EPL champions, thinks like this.

GP
10-12-2012, 08:51 PM
How to miss the point entirely...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p012ctfh

:lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 08:54 PM
How to miss the point entirely...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p012ctfh

I'm not taking it from you, you tell me :haha:

Paddy melt down :haha:

Syn
10-12-2012, 08:56 PM
That's fucking hilarious.

That's why it's cruel to give washed up bitter scots a public platform.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-12-2012, 08:57 PM
What an idiot. :haha:

Although so are the presenters.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Former Manchester United midfielder Paddy Crerand this morning gave an extraordinary interview to BBC Radio Five Live on the subject of the trouble which marred yesterday’s Manchester derby. United defender Rio Ferdinand was hit by a coin thrown from the crowd as he celebrated Robin van Persie’s late winner, but when it was suggested to Crerand that Ferdinand’s celebrations in front of Manchester City fans may have played a part in the incident, he responded with an angry confrontation with presenters Chris Warburton and Rachel Burden.

Chris Warburton: We’ve had a lot of people getting in touch saying the players have to take a bit of responsibility, stop celebrating in front of opposing fans and stoking it up. I just wondered what your thoughts are on that?

Paddy Crerand: Who’s said that? Who’s made that statement?

CW: We’ve had various calls and texts from our listeners, Paddy.

PC: What planet do they live on?

CW: Well, you tell me.

PC: Well, I’ve no idea. I was at the game yesterday, do you expect fans not to celebrate when their team scores a goal?

CW: No, no, what they’re suggesting is that players are going up to opposing fans and celebrating in front of them and that that stokes the crowd up.

PC: I was at the game yesterday and that is absolute rubbish. Who suggested that, and where did that come from? Absolute garbage. How many people phoned you up? One? Two? Three?

CW: No, no, we’ve had various texts this morning saying the same thing as well.

PC: Well how many? Tell me how many. If you’re going to make a statement like you’re making a statement now, tell me how many.

CW: Just take it from me that we have had a good number of texts...

PC: I’m not taking it from you, you tell me.

CW: Well, I haven’t got it to hand Paddy.

PC: Well why make a statement then, if you haven’t got it to hand? No I’m not taking it from you, why do you make a statement like that when you haven’t got the evidence?

CW: Well, what do you think of the point?

PC: I think the point is absolutely ludicrous. You go to a football match, or any sporting situation, and you think people shouldn’t celebrate? What planet are your people on at all?

CW: No, no, that’s not what’s being suggested.

PC: That’s what you’re suggesting.

CW: In terms of...

PC: In terms of what? Now you’re making excuses for yourself.

CW: I was going to ask you a different question Paddy.

PC: Yeah, go on then.

CW: In terms of the environment at a derby, how has it changed from when you were playing?

PC: It’s not changed in any way whatsoever. I don’t care that it’s a derby, or any football match, people celebrate when their team scores a goal. What do you expect them to do, be quiet? I don’t know what you’re suggesting, I’m totally amazed.
Just a minute please - is this a publicity stunt?

CW: No. I think I’ve been quite clear in what I’m saying to you Paddy. Let me ask you a question about the football.

PC: Yeah, well ask me a sensible question then. Don’t talk stupid and ask me daft questions about whether fans should celebrate or not.

CW: Well we asked Danny Mills the question about an hour ago, Paddy, and he gave us quite a reasonable answer.

PC: Well what did he say to you? I’ve no idea what Danny Mills says to you, what was his reasonable answer?

CW: He told us that you can’t hold players in any way responsible.

PC: Of course you can’t. Why make a thing about a sensible answer that Danny Mills gave you that people should celebrate? Of course they should celebrate.

Rachel Burden: I think there might be a bit of misunderstanding here. A number of people texted the programme and people called Five Live...

PC: How many texts? A million?

RB: If you’d let me finish...

PC: Half a million?

RB: If you’d let me finish...

PC: Hundred thousand?

RB: If you’d let me finish the point...

PC: Yes.

RB: ...and the point was about Rio Ferdinand going down to an area where home fans were and celebrating in front of them.

PC: Let me say something to you. Did you watch the game yesterday?

RB: I listened to it.

PC: Well you didn’t watch it then, you don’t know what happened then. Rio Ferdinand was nowhere near where the away fans - where the home fans were. He gets struck by a coin that somebody’s thrown from about 15 or 20 yards, it’s not like he was standing in front of their supporters jumping up and down. He was 15 or 20 yards from their fans.

RB: Do you remember things like that happening when you were playing in these derbies?

PC: I don’t remember anything like that happening, no.

RB: So do you think the atmosphere has got worse over the years?

PC: Why did you change commentators? Why have you come on all of a sudden?

RB: That’s just the way it works on the programme, we both join in together.

CW: Don’t worry, I haven’t run scared Paddy.

PC: Oh, I thought you’d run away there for a minute. No, but let me say, it was a great football match, no question about that. When it went to two each, I thought City were the team that were going to win it. Manchester United finished up winning with a deflected goal and you can’t not accept the fact that fans would celebrate when the third goal went in. And derby matches are a lot different from ordinary matches, obviously, but why somebody would throw something at Rio Ferdinand is totally stupid. Why a fan would run on the pitch...
And to be fair to Manchester City, a United fan ran on to the pitch last year when United beat City 4-3. So the effects of football on people sometimes can go to the extreme, it shouldn’t happen but it does happen unfortunately. And particularly in matches that are local derbies.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2245799/Manchester-United-legend-Paddy-Crerand-radio-outburst-defending-Manchester-derby-clashes.html#ixzz2Eh9kI6lV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Paddy was right though in what he said even if he did miss the point.

Marc Overmars
10-12-2012, 11:43 PM
What a pissed up old Scot. :haha:

Joker
11-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Ferdinand actually celebrated in front on his own fans, something that the media conveniently ignore.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Barry has been charged with using abusive language toward the referee.

http://i.minus.com/iBy78LZEdtZt.gif

Grebbo
11-12-2012, 02:10 PM

GP
11-12-2012, 02:15 PM

You can see his thought process..

'Ohhh, I wish I was good enough to have any kind of impact on a game'

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Is he mouthing "I'm fucking angry"?

LDG
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM

"Uffff fffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Eeeeoow Urn"

Özil's Panoramic View
11-12-2012, 03:34 PM

Should also be charged for being an imposter, tbh.

Alwful footballer, if he can even be called that.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-12-2012, 06:31 PM
:haha: Bazza

GP
11-12-2012, 06:32 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meii5022yh1rjkj8co1_500.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
11-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Ferdinand actually celebrated in front on his own fans, something that the media conveniently ignore.

:gp:

Disgraceful, when you can't celebrate infront of your own fans without being abused and idiots on the radio saying it should be stopped.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Citeh announce losses of £97.9 million. :rolleyes:

Syn
14-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Alpha Arab as fuck!

Kano
14-12-2012, 05:24 PM
http://greatrednorth.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/ferdinand-money-box.jpg?w=510

GP
14-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Dirty cheating Arab fucks.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Mark Clattenberg is at the centre of another controversy over his comments to players, after Manchester City accused him of inflaming their midfielder Gareth Barry.
England international Barry misses Saturday's visit to Newcastle after accepting a one-match ban following charges of aiming abusive language at fourth official Clattenberg (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-barry-banned-manchester-city-1488469) during last weekend's derby loss to United.
Yet City are adamant their player was only responding after the controversial referee - cleared last month after being accused of racially abusing Chelsea's John obi Mikel (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mark-clattenburg-racism-row-fa-1450673) - made derogatory comments of his own, which wound Barry up and provoked a confrontation.
Boss Roberto Mancini refused to reveal what those alleged comments were, but it is thought Clattenberg was sarcastic towards the City man.
Mancini insisted the official was wrong to press for charges to be brought against his player.
"I think that Gareth is a serious man, a serious player and I don't know why Clattenburg brought or said these things about Gareth," he explained.
"I don't know if it's because he came from this problem after Chelsea but I think every referee or fourth official should understand that after one game you lose in the last second if a player says inappropriate words they should understand this.
"Gareth is a serious guy. He said he didn't say anything about Clattenberg.
"It's difficult to remember, but also if he said inappropriate words against Clattenburg I think the official should understand this."
Barry accepts he did use language that, under the letter of the law, can lead to a ban, but insists it wasn't offensive.
Privately, City are fuming that the official should have provoked the situation with his own comments.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-referee-mark-clattenburg-1490156

McNamara That Ghost...
15-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Kolarov might be in little bit trouble - accused of racially abusing supporters (that were holding an Albanian flag).

I'd just blame it on being brainwashed by The Fear on Channel 4 to be honest.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Sergio Aguero could be on his way out of the Etihad – with Barcelona star David Villa *already being lined up as a mega-money replacement, writes the Sunday People.

Striker Aguero was a £38million signing from Atletico Madrid just 18 months ago.

And he will remain forever in the hearts of all Blue Moonies after his sensational late winner against QPR on the final day of last season that snatched the Premier League title from Manchester United’s hands.

Sources close to the Argentinian striker claim his spirits are low and he has become unsettled at the club this season after their Champions League exit and amid dressing room unrest.

Click here for more stories from the Sunday People

It is understood that City sporting director Txiki Begiristain and chief executive Ferran Soriano – with their strong Barca links – have *identified Villa as a potential transfer target.

The Spaniard – a World Cup and European Championship winner – is said to be assessing his future at the Nou Camp following manager Pep Guardiola’s departure in the summer.

Aguero – who scored the opener in City’s 3-1 win at Newcastle yesterday – was upset at City boss Roberto Mancini for publicly *criticising his strike-force over their lack of goals this season.

Mancini has made no secret of the fact he wants a proven new frontman after failing to land Robin van Persie, who joined arch-rivals United for £24m from Arsenal.

RVP then rubbed City’s noses in it with the late winner in Sunday’s 3-2 derby victory at the Etihad.

Mancini’s pop at his strikers – and midfielder Sami Nasri for his role in van Persie’s goal last week – did not impress Aguero.

He has been eyed by both Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona – and City would expect to recoup his massive transfer fee if he moved on.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-line-up-david-1492294

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 11:17 PM
MANCHESTER CITY look set to send shockwaves through Europe this winter by launching a double bid for Real Madrid pair Cristiano Ronaldo and Fabio Coentrao.

Coentrao has become a mainstay of the Real first team and his compatriot Ronaldo is being courted by affluent French side PSG.

Moreover, with the future of Jose Mourinho still uncertain, City want to capitalise and strike while the iron is hot.

And money appears to be object, as they are bankrolled by their super rich owner Sheikh Mansour.

According to Portuguese paper O Jogo, City are prepared to offer £134m for the pair.

The one barrier could be that Ronaldo may not to wish to go to the Etihad as he would incur the wrath of bitter rivals Manchester United.

However, Real could make a sizeable profit on Ronaldo, whom they paid United £80m in 2009 to bring him to the Bernabeu.

Ronaldo has started the season in blistering fashion once again for Real, plundering 14 goals in La Liga.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/365789/Manchester-City-line-up-audacious-bid-for-Real-Madrid-duo

Özim
19-12-2012, 11:27 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/365789/Manchester-City-line-up-audacious-bid-for-Real-Madrid-duo
This will never happen in a month of Sundays, Ronaldo is already a Real legend and they don't sell unless they want to and seeing as he's pretty much their best player and has scored an unbelievable of goals for them this won't happen.

He's got 169 goals in 169 games, that is unbelievable scoring to be honest.

Xhaka Can’t
19-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Not one quote.

Wish I could make money writing such bollocks.

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-12-2012, 11:30 PM
This will never happen in a month of Sundays, Ronaldo is already a Real legend and they don't sell unless they want to and seeing as he's pretty much their best player and has scored an unbelievable of goals for them this won't happen.

That's the same as Stoke's PL record :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 11:42 PM

If someone pays them the money that want, they'd sell. Ronaldo had said he does not want to be there. so can see him going if they get the right deal.

Not sure he is a Real legend either.

Kano
19-12-2012, 11:44 PM
big fan of fabio coentrao, quality left back.

Özim
19-12-2012, 11:45 PM
If someone pays them the money that want, they'd sell. Ronaldo had said he does not want to be there. so can see him going if they get the right deal.

Not sure he is a Real legend either.
They don't want to sell him so I doubt it. They spent 80 million on him, if money was an issue they wouldn't have spent that kind of money on a player. Man City won't offer enough money to tempt them.

He's a legend, his goalscoring record is incredible, not sure any other Real player has matched that.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 11:50 PM
They don't want to sell him so I doubt it. They spent 80 million on him, if money was an issue they wouldn't have spent that kind of money on a player.

He's a legend, his goalscoring record is incredible, not sure any other Real player has matched that.

They don't want to sell him so I doubt it.

Despite the fact he says he wants to go, and the club has said they may sell him if the price is right.

Just cause you score alot of goals don't make you a legend. you need to do more then that to earn that status. Raul was a Real legend. Ronaldo no yet.

Would not even call Messi a Barca Legend. This Legend status seems to be wheeled out alot thise days.

IBK
19-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Not one quote.

Wish I could make money writing such bollocks.

Maybe get someone to sponsor your posts?

McNamara That Ghost...
20-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Despite the fact he says he wants to go, and the club has said they may sell him if the price is right.

Just cause you score alot of goals don't make you a legend. you need to do more then that to earn that status. Raul was a Real legend. Ronaldo no yet.

Would not even call Messi a Barca Legend. This Legend status seems to be wheeled out alot thise days.

I don't think you'd be using it frivolously if you did call Messi a Barca legend. He is already their record topscorer in official competitions (the unofficial record will fall by the wayside) without even considering his overall influence on the team.

On another note though and more to Zim, Ronaldo will go down as one of Real Madrid's best ever players and as outsiders we're probably fair to call him a legend but I don't think their die hard supporters would call him a legend, yet. If he was to achieve La Decima for them though, he would be, unquestionably.

Ronaldo to leave Real Madrid is something I am fairly sure will happen soon. If it was it's mainly instigated by feelings of withering appreciation by his teammates (Spanish teammates) and to a lesser extent the supporters.

Without sounding too much like Balague, it could be that Ronaldo leaves soon and Real Madrid get Falcao.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 12:26 AM
I don't think you'd be using it frivolously if you did call Messi a Barca legend. He is already their record topscorer in official competitions (the unofficial record will fall by the wayside) without even considering his overall influence on the team.

On another note though and more to Zim, Ronaldo will go down as one of Real Madrid's best ever players and as outsiders we're probably fair to call him a legend but I don't think their die hard supporters would call him a legend, yet. If he was to achieve La Decima for them though, he would be, unquestionably.

Ronaldo to leave Real Madrid is something I am fairly sure will happen soon. If it was it's mainly instigated by feelings of withering appreciation by his teammates (Spanish teammates) and to a lesser extent the supporters.

Without sounding too much like Balague, it could be that Ronaldo leaves soon and Real Madrid get Falcao.

Fair points tbh.

Cripps_orig
03-01-2013, 01:49 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20901006

Mancini and Balotelli bust up

Özil's Panoramic View
03-01-2013, 04:59 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20901006

Mancini and Balotelli bust up

Cheeky bid

Gervinho's Forehead
03-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Cheeky bid

I'd worry that he'd go all gallas on us.

Cripps_orig
03-01-2013, 05:32 PM
I'd worry that he'd go all gallas on us.

He'd care too much about winning and wont accept failure?

Gervinho's Forehead
03-01-2013, 05:40 PM
He'd care too much about winning and wont accept failure?

No more the falling out with everyone and having a paddy in the middle of the goal.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-01-2013, 06:02 PM
He joined the Spuds, he definitely accepts failure.

Thierrymon
03-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Balotelli will be back in the Man City team in a couple of weeks after being given his 12th last chance.

Kano
03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Balotelli will be back in the Man City team in a couple of weeks after being given his 12th last chance.
i agree. because mancini won't be getting in a striker in jan and will need all four to win something by the end of the season. tevez managed to come back let's not forget. there is also some sort of surrogate father thing going on there and confrontation between father/son happens at some point. the only way it will end now is if balo wants out in jan.

Injury Time
03-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Cheeky bid
Not sure Citeh would let Mancini go tbh...

Marc Overmars
15-01-2013, 02:17 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262707/Michael-Johnson-released-Manchester-City-pictured-takeaway.html

:pal:

Özim
15-01-2013, 02:50 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262707/Michael-Johnson-released-Manchester-City-pictured-takeaway.html

:pal:
Nice little project for Wenger perhaps?

Kano
15-01-2013, 04:05 PM
kompany's red card overturned.

doubled edged sword really. would've been funny to see it upheld but it's funny to see dean made a mug of.

Cripps_orig
18-02-2013, 02:54 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3760888

Best :lol:

Cripps_orig
08-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Tevez has been arrested.

fakeyank
08-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Tevez has been arrested for being ugly.

Not a surprise.. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2013, 07:04 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3760888

Best :lol:

He was misquoted. He actually said he was the biggest **** in the PL. Can't argue with that.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Tevez has been arrested.

Let's see how they manage to let him off because he has cash in the bank and doesn't play for Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Tevez has been arrested.

Let's see how they manage to let him off because he has cash in the bank and doesn't play for Arsenal.

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Not a surprise.. :coffee:
y.
I don't think anyone is surprised to find out he is ugl

McNamara That Ghost...
09-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Driving whilst disqualified. What an idiot.

Cripps_orig
04-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Nasri banned from driving now :lol:

He's having a shocker. Time he came home tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
04-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Yaya has signed a new four year contract.

His wages were insane to begin with so god knows what they are now.

Özil's Panoramic View
04-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Read that an actual pay rise is unlikely for the new deal.

Basic pay round about the same but opportunity for massive incentives will be hinged on performances.

Grebbo
07-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Could City get dragged into this top four race?

I think three of their next four games are Manure, Spuds and Chavs all away. They could lose all of them.

Marc Overmars
07-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I doubt their form will tail off that badly, although it would be hilarious if it did.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Could City get dragged into this top four race?

I think three of their next four games are Manure, Spuds and Chavs all away. They could lose all of them.

The Chelsea match is in the FA Cup Grebbo.

Aside from that though, it's possible but only if they lose against Man Utd.

Dennis Bendtner
07-04-2013, 10:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22047043

WE NEED MORE PLAYER

Xhaka Can’t
07-04-2013, 10:13 PM
He is the shittiest manager ever to have bought the League.

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2013, 10:55 PM

WE NEED MORE PLAYER

Some people think opposition fans are jealous of city. Seriously? A joke club with a joke manager running a circus of joke mercenaries? Jealous? It's pity and contempt, not jealously. Imagine spending a billion quid and still getting comfortably caned by Utd. How humiliating is that? How comical. Ferguson knows how to rub it in too, with his "noisy neighbours" routine.

Thierrymon
08-04-2013, 08:58 AM

WE NEED MORE PLAYER

He is embarrassing, constantly bleating about not signing enough players. He sounds like a spoiled brat.

Cant imagine he will be at City much longer

Grebbo
08-04-2013, 09:43 AM
The Chelsea match is in the FA Cup Grebbo.

Aside from that though, it's possible but only if they lose against Man Utd.

Oh yeah... D'oh.

Their fixtures actually look easy except for Spuds and Manure so they'll be fine.

Özil's Panoramic View
11-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Yaya Touré deal will help Man City attract top stars, says Gareth Barry

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/04/yaya-toure-deal-man-city-attract-top-stars-gareth-barry/?utm_campaign=Twitter&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Twitter

Not sure that as a fringe playing non-footballer you should be relishing an influx of more star players, Barry.

Seriously, how the fuck did Barry and Milner manage to get into an EPL squad much more further go on garner 1 international cap between them? Two utterly talentless robotic players.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Richards banned from driving now :haha:

That's 3 now

Cripps_orig
15-04-2013, 01:26 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4887588/joe-hart-parked-in-disabled-bay-while-he-had-nandos.html

Nandos :bow:

Injury Time
12-05-2013, 03:27 PM
And he's gone, guess the need more playa was need more managa lol
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22501572

Master Splinter
12-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Mancini :haha: :haha:.

An absolute failure.

Marc Overmars
12-05-2013, 03:39 PM
An FA Cup and a fluked title win.

Pretty shit for what he's spent.

I needa more playa.

Master Splinter
12-05-2013, 03:46 PM
He needed more prayer.

Dennis Bendtner
12-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Bye.

I feel a bit bad after his cluelessness about it yesterday. But the days of incessant moaning about £100m transfer windows are over. Perhaps Agent Pellegrini can continue his work at Malaga and sell us Aguero.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Mancini. :haha:

Off you pop.

Xhaka Can’t
12-05-2013, 04:04 PM
A hateful turd, hope we never have to hear of him again.

Marc Overmars
12-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Fair to say he's the worst "top" manager in the business.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-05-2013, 09:33 PM
AND HE'S OUTTA THEREEEEE!

dazthegooner
13-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Well quite frankly im shocked never saw that coming!

Munchies
13-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Didn't deserve it, he is a top manager and has won alot of trophies wherever he's been. He got a good compo out of it though :good:

Another club will take him .

Marc Overmars
13-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Bye.

Munchies
13-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Exactly a year ago, AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happened, year on he's sacked :lol:

' Roberto Mancini will receive £28m compensation as a result of his sacking!'

GP
13-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Didn't deserve it

lol

Kano
13-05-2013, 10:55 PM
too much stats or a fair assessment?

http://transferpriceindex.com/2012/07/the-201112-update-to-the-all-time-best-managers-versus-the-mxir-model/

Earlier this year the Transfer Price Index was used to show that a greater percentage of the average Premier League club is made up of transfers with each passing year, that contrary to Soccernomics’ assertion transfer costs do indeed correlate to success, and it demonstrated that an escalating squad and starting XI cost (in terms of transfer fees) is required to finish in the top of the Premier League Table. Without a doubt, the cost of fielding a competitive Premier League side in the long-term is escalating rapidly in terms of transfer fees and shows no sign of slowing down.

Cripps_orig
13-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Sacked for finishing 2nd

Why can't we have a board that doesn't accept failure?

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Citeh. :lol:

So much for the long term alternative to Chelsea.

Munchies
13-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Pellegrini spent £200m at Real, and won fuck all...

City :pal:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Fergie to take over at Citeh? :whistle:

Cripps_orig
14-05-2013, 12:04 AM
Pellegrini spent £200m at Real, and won fuck all...

City :pal:

Didn't he break Reals points record in that one season?

Niall_Quinn
14-05-2013, 12:13 AM
too much stats or a fair assessment?

http://transferpriceindex.com/2012/07/the-201112-update-to-the-all-time-best-managers-versus-the-mxir-model/

Ridiculously biased against Iain Dowie.

Munchies
14-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Didn't he break Reals points record in that one season?

Yep, he got Real to 96, but Messi and Co had 99 :lol:

Cripps_orig
14-05-2013, 12:32 AM
96 is pretty awesome tbf

Munchies
14-05-2013, 12:38 AM
96 is pretty awesome tbf

Yep but no one remembers it at the end :good:

Cripps_orig
14-05-2013, 12:53 AM
I did tbh

Was Ronaldos first season there as well where he confirmed his best in the world status which he has kept since.

Pellegrini is a little awesome

Japan Shaking All Over
14-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Well quite frankly im shocked never saw that coming!

Yeah like 'really?' but what is it with showing the door one week before the end of the season. . .why not give him a chance for those of their fans with half a brain to show the guy some appreciation. . .he won them their first league title in like how many. . . ?

footnote: Citeh fans woth alf a brain :ponder: - on second thoughts no need to wait as a able for four at a local Bernie Inn should be ample

Power n Glory
14-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Seems harsh for finishing 2nd and year after winning the league but his downfall is his management skills. He causes too much strife and with him in charge, it would cost a lot just to maintain that squad. For every messy fall out and break up with the players, he’d need a new signing. It also doesn’t help when you criticise the board for not signing new players this season when they’ve already spent a fortune. It’s not easy task looking after so many egos but he’s not the right man for the role.

Japan Shaking All Over
14-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Good point about the mouthing off at the board. . .shouldt have neded anyone. . .Sinclair and Rod'notso'well must be thinking what the. . .

Power n Glory
14-05-2013, 10:10 AM
He had Tevez, Augero, Balotelli and Dzeko yet he’s saying he needed RVP to win the league. They need a more skilled manager at that club.

Marc Overmars
14-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Yep. He is rubbish.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-05-2013, 10:19 AM
It's harsh if you look at it purely on-paper, but he can't really complain.

I think Rodgers is something like the 6/7th longest serving PL manager :lol:

Kano
14-05-2013, 11:22 AM
He had Tevez, Augero, Balotelli and Dzeko yet he’s saying he needed RVP to win the league. They need a more skilled manager at that club.
to have any chance of winning the prem you have to keep spending more year on year. however they fucked up wasting what money they did want to splurge on useless crap.

Grebbo
14-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Balotelli under the right manager could be a world beater.

Sacking Mancini will make city better for sure.

Power n Glory
14-05-2013, 11:52 AM
to have any chance of winning the prem you have to keep spending more year on year. however they fucked up wasting what money they did want to splurge on useless crap.

I think that’s the wrong attitude and where it’s all falling apart for the Prem . City had enough good players there to win the league and it’s the same for Chelsea. It’s not a problem regarding quality in players with those clubs. In our case, we need to spend because our squad has no balance and we need some major surgery. City and Chelsea constantly splashing the cash is like Michael Jackson saying he needed more plastic surgery. How many times can you visit the table to get more work done in an area that’s seen enough? You just mess yourself up. Mancini couldn’t manage the squad he had and instead of trying to fix those relationships and bring in a team spirit he wanted the quick fix. New players would only compound the problem.

Master Splinter
14-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Balotelli under the right manager could be a world beater.

Sacking Mancini will make city better for sure.

Well Balotelli has 11 in 12 since his move to AC.

Mancini couldn't even get performances out of someone he was close to.

Mancini won trophies at Inter by default, as Juventus were in the wilderness following the match-fixing scandals and AC, Fiorentina and Lazio were punished too. Being an extremely wealthy club of course helped as well. At Citeh, he spent £63456 billion to achieve a narrow FA Cup win over Stoke and a League title by the skin of his teeth. Both Inter and Citeh were an embarrassment in Europe though.

If he goes to a more modest club without endless money/privilege to aid him and achieves something, then fair enough. He'll undoubtedly be off to a super-rich French/Russian/Chinese club though.

Kano
14-05-2013, 12:21 PM
I think that’s the wrong attitude and where it’s all falling apart for the Prem.
Perhaps, but it's also true.

http://transferpriceindex.com/2011/06/the-impact-of-xi-on-match-outcome/

Power n Glory
14-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Perhaps, but it's also true.

http://transferpriceindex.com/2011/06/the-impact-of-xi-on-match-outcome/

Chelsea spent over £100m this season and still couldn't challenge for the title. Liverpool spent more than us and always have but haven't finished above us in years. There is more to it than that.

Tipsychubbs
14-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Seems harsh for finishing 2nd and year after winning the league but his downfall is his management skills. He causes too much strife and with him in charge, it would cost a lot just to maintain that squad. For every messy fall out and break up with the players, he’d need a new signing. It also doesn’t help when you criticise the board for not signing new players this season when they’ve already spent a fortune. It’s not easy task looking after so many egos but he’s not the right man for the role.

Think thats harsh on Mancini.

Things have gone against him and he's also done himself no favours, its six of one, half a dozen of the other, both parties are at fault, he cannot solely be blamed.

You need to strengthen after you win the title to keep things fresh, the keep the hunger and to look after the needs of the squad. You don't have to buy another 10 players but still strengthen, Man U do it all the time after winning.

City needed a CB, DM, winger option and forward because Tevez/Balotelli/Dzeko's futures were up in the air, obviously tevez-gate, dzeko wanting more playing time, balotelli being a loose canon.

Mancini recognised this and wanted Agger, Javi Martinez, Hazard and RVP since he was on the market. Marwood was too slow or ineffective in getting these in or similar quality alternatives, which spoilt their summer and they had to get bargain basement signings in. Mancini complained publicly affecting the relationship with the club.

Adam Johnson doesn't put the effort in. Neither does Lescott. Nasri felt he had arrived and lost the hunger he had in his early career. Mancini is rightly aggrieved but he complains publicly, thus alienating members of the squad, with divides starting to rupture it. He also needs to motivate the players and he hasn't been able to do so, bridging the divides.

Mancini realizes that tactically City need more than the 4-4-2 to really push on. He tries the 3-5-2 system, which if done right can be highly successful. City's players don't like it and don't want to put the effort in. Hart, Micah Richards etc. complain in public, Mancini complains in public. No harm in trying a new system, but rifts start to develop because of it. Lescott even reveals that he only communicates via the captain Kompany, Mancini and him are no longer on speaking terms.

Those are just some examples where things have gone against him, but he's also contributed to the problem. Both parties are at fault, and since the dressing room and the board have been lost then its probably mutually beneficial for him to leave.

Kano
14-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Chelsea spent over £100m this season and still couldn't challenge for the title. Liverpool spent more than us and always have but haven't finished above us in years. There is more to it than that.
The figures say differently. What it breaks down is that when you spend more and more every season, not an accumulative spend, you will get to the top. Seems simple enough.

Power n Glory
14-05-2013, 02:06 PM
The figures say differently. What it breaks down is that when you spend more and more every season, not an accumulative spend, you will get to the top. Seems simple enough.

We’d be out of the top four if that were accurate and you can also look to Real Madrid’s galatico era or Mourinho’s final season at Chelsea as examples of where spending too much can get you into trouble. It’s not that straight forward. I’d still like to believe that there is a level of skill involved on the management front.

Power n Glory
14-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Think thats harsh on Mancini.

Things have gone against him and he's also done himself no favours, its six of one, half a dozen of the other, both parties are at fault, he cannot solely be blamed.

You need to strengthen after you win the title to keep things fresh, the keep the hunger and to look after the needs of the squad. You don't have to buy another 10 players but still strengthen, Man U do it all the time after winning.

City needed a CB, DM, winger option and forward because Tevez/Balotelli/Dzeko's futures were up in the air, obviously tevez-gate, dzeko wanting more playing time, balotelli being a loose canon.

Mancini recognised this and wanted Agger, Javi Martinez, Hazard and RVP since he was on the market. Marwood was too slow or ineffective in getting these in or similar quality alternatives, which spoilt their summer and they had to get bargain basement signings in. Mancini complained publicly affecting the relationship with the club.

Adam Johnson doesn't put the effort in. Neither does Lescott. Nasri felt he had arrived and lost the hunger he had in his early career. Mancini is rightly aggrieved but he complains publicly, thus alienating members of the squad, with divides starting to rupture it. He also needs to motivate the players and he hasn't been able to do so, bridging the divides.

Mancini realizes that tactically City need more than the 4-4-2 to really push on. He tries the 3-5-2 system, which if done right can be highly successful. City's players don't like it and don't want to put the effort in. Hart, Micah Richards etc. complain in public, Mancini complains in public. No harm in trying a new system, but rifts start to develop because of it. Lescott even reveals that he only communicates via the captain Kompany, Mancini and him are no longer on speaking terms.

Those are just some examples where things have gone against him, but he's also contributed to the problem. Both parties are at fault, and since the dressing room and the board have been lost then its probably mutually beneficial for him to leave.

I agree, you need to strengthen but when you have four strikers at the club that could probably be leading strikers on their own at separate clubs yet you’re calling for the Board to sign the Prem’s best striker, you have to question his management skills. I doubt the City owners want a manager that will constantly have to spend to get the best out of the team and not when you’ve spent a bomb already. Make use of the tools you’ve been given. There is probably a reason why he’s not getting the commitment from his players and City will have to sign a manager that can bring everyone together if they don’t want to go down the Chelsea route. Ditch the checkbook managers. But I have to say, it’s not easy managing that many egos which is why they need to think carefully about the next coach.

Kano
14-05-2013, 02:21 PM
We’d be out of the top four if that were accurate and you can also look to Real Madrid’s galatico era or Mourinho’s final season at Chelsea as examples of where spending too much can get you into trouble. It’s not that straight forward. I’d still like to believe that there is a level of skill involved on the management front.
again, it's not net spend. it's relating to transfer fees and wages. of course there is managerial skill involved in handling the players but the bottom line is money rules the roost - and in fairness, i think it always has, it's just the divide has increased post abramovich.

Power n Glory
14-05-2013, 02:57 PM
again, it's not net spend. it's relating to transfer fees and wages. of course there is managerial skill involved in handling the players but the bottom line is money rules the roost - and in fairness, i think it always has, it's just the divide has increased post abramovich.

I think we’re talking about different issues for this case. I’m refereeing to the top half elite clubs that already have money in abundance. Spending more doesn’t always mean you get to retain the title which is I have doubts about Mancini retaining the title this year even if he spent more.

IBK
14-05-2013, 07:52 PM
And Citeh owners were supposed to be in it for the long term. :lol:

Marc Overmars
15-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Malaga have confirmed Pellegrini can leave.

Cripps_orig
15-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Wenger :wave:

Time Pellegrini came home

Cripps_orig
16-05-2013, 01:50 PM
They are likely to get Isco ffs

Cripps_orig
16-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Vieira has a new job with city.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-05-2013, 11:54 PM
his man management skills got him the sack

he won trophies, the board were happy. you can live with not winning trophies for a season or 2 but when there's dressing room unrest you have to pull the trigger. especially when the manager caused it.

when the going gets tough during the latter parts of the season you need togetherness to pull you through and get over the line. they completely fell apart.

is pellegrini better? not really. but he'll get that dressing room pulling together and it'll pave the way for success.

mancini has no-one but himself to blame.

Cripps_orig
16-05-2013, 11:56 PM
They'll win the title next season

Chelsea unless they fuck up with another manager will be their closest challengers.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-05-2013, 02:27 PM
what do people think, if wenger was in charge of the man city squad would they have won the league this season?

Marc Overmars
18-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Probably not, United were incredibly consistent, machine-like even.

He'd probably get them to play better football than he does with us though.

Özil's Panoramic View
18-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Yaya would probably be their custodian.

He has the height, tbh.

Niall_Quinn
18-05-2013, 07:31 PM
what do people think, if wenger was in charge of the man city squad would they have won the league this season?

No, I don't think Ramsey would have enhanced the team.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2013, 04:36 PM
As a natural consequence of not having a clue what to do with all that money, Citeh have actually bought a club.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10071375/Manchester-City-claim-New-York-City-FC-MLS-franchise.html

Munchies
22-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Pellegrini and co at Malaga are set to leave.

He's coming to City.

Injury Time
26-05-2013, 06:25 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22668377
Aguero signs new deal

Munchies
03-06-2013, 10:08 PM
City sign Jesus Navas for £17m
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/03/jesus-navas-manchester-city-signs-17m

Fee could rise to as much as £24m based on performance

Cripps_orig
03-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Decent player but unless he's overcome his homesickness, not much use

Syn
03-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Post 708 + Post 709 + Post 710 = Man City winning the league next year.

Especially Post 708. It's a very important post.

GP
03-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Navas will never get in the side Nasri and Sinclair already there.

Munchies
05-06-2013, 03:32 PM
City sign Fernandinho for £34m !

First reaction - Who ?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8758671/Manchester-City-believed-to-have-agreed-34m-deal-for-Fernandinho

LDG
05-06-2013, 04:21 PM
They've signed an ABBA song?

GP
05-06-2013, 04:22 PM
I have never heard of this ****.

Cripps_orig
05-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Didn't he score Brazil's second v England?

If so, how much will they pay for Ox?

Injury Time
05-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Didn't he score Brazil's second v England??
Yes, he didn't.

Munchies
07-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Manchester City have contacted Milan for El Shaarawy and is ready to bid €40m, according to the Gazzetta edition

Munchies
07-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Manchester City have contacted Milan for El Shaarawy and is ready to bid €40m, according to the Gazzetta edition

Özil's Panoramic View
07-06-2013, 11:41 PM
€4o mil for El Shaarawy? :o

Cripps_orig
07-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Was very good before Balotelli joined and became the main man

Marc Overmars
08-06-2013, 09:23 AM
FFP. :bow:

Cripps_orig
14-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Pellegrini is officially the new manager

Thread title to be changed?

Syn
14-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Best manager in the league, he is.

Munchies
14-06-2013, 07:09 PM
This'll only mean that they're pretty much going to get Isco for £30m or so.

Ffs when we were reported to get Fellaini, we were all up and buzzing (well I was), we need to get someone sooner or later who isn't a Sonogo

LDG
23-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Isco has chosen Madrid apparently.

http://as.com/diarioas/2013/06/22/english/1371896676_450772.html

Syn
23-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Isco has chosen Madrid apparently.

http://as.com/diarioas/2013/06/22/english/1371896676_450772.html

Never in doubt. Would get homesick elsewhere.

Man City will now sign Higgy.

LDG
23-06-2013, 09:27 AM
True.

But we have Giroud who can play there

Cripps_orig
24-06-2013, 09:30 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130624/exclusive-trio-chase-micah-richards-after-defender-rejects-m

Richards rejects new deal.

Cheeky bid?

Cripps_orig
17-07-2013, 06:45 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23346385

They have Negredo

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Who?

Cripps_orig
17-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Who?

Negredo

Master Splinter
30-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Article on evil Arabs and Citeh by N_Q:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/30/manchester-city-human-rights-accusations

Niall_Quinn
30-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Good article. Glad somebody had the guts to write it. Those ****s from the Premier League (sponsored primarily by a racketeering bank so they have plenty of previous) are a laugh, by their standard Al Capone (a native of our ally America) would have been suitable to own an English football club. Right up until his downfall. That said, the Arabs had good teachers. The best.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Man City have put the Premier League and English football in general on the map.

Master Splinter
01-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Hart to be well and truly dropped:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24778956

:hahart:

GP
01-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Vampires dressed up as Joe Hart for Halloween.

Master Splinter
22-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Citeh sign Hart's replacement:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25047629

McNamara That Ghost...
16-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Aguero could be out for six weeks but then injuries always tend to bring out those kind of reports of worst possible scenario getting the attention.

Özim
16-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Big blow for them if he is as he's a key player for them, they do have some good backups though but nothing anywhere near his level.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-12-2013, 10:44 AM
It could be eight weeks. :blink:

GP
18-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Hope it's 8 months.

Marc Overmars
18-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Shame. :coffee:

fakeyank
18-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Since he is not an Arsenal player, he will be back in a month.

If he was an Arsenal player, it'd be at least 3 months- 2 months to recover and 1 month or more to get match fitness. Recent example is Podolski, been fit for sometime now but he is never match fit.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-12-2013, 05:51 PM
What about Kompany? His return was delayed.

LDG
13-01-2014, 02:54 PM
The lesbian is out for 8 weeks with a medial ligament injury.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer lesbian.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25705409

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Surely of we're pissed at the spuds gloating over Theo we should be a little bit careful about celebrating injuries?

That said, I'm glad the lesbian cunt is injured - shame it isn't for much longer than 8 weeks.

GP
13-01-2014, 03:13 PM
I also hope he dies

Munchies
13-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Only 8 weeks ? Fuck off

Munchies
13-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Surely of we're pissed at the spuds gloating over Theo we should be a little bit careful about celebrating injuries?

That said, I'm glad the lesbian cunt is injured - shame it isn't for much longer than 8 weeks.

Difference being that Feo isn't a cunt .