PDA

View Full Version : OLIVIER Giroud has signed.

Pages : [1] 2

Alpha
13-06-2012, 03:49 PM
After signing Lucas Podolski from Cologne , the second signing of Arsene wenger will be another striker . Olivier Giroud will join Arsenal from Montpellier .He is a poacher , very physical and has scored 22 goals in the french league to help his team seal the first crown in their history . It is just a matter of days and it will be official .Montpellier boss has revealed the deal is nearly done and the player is happy to follow the steps of Henry , Vierra and co .
Looks like the front line of Arsenal will be :

Giroud - Robin Van Persie - Olivier Giroud

Just like Podolski , Giroud can play anyway in the attack . Walcott and Gervinho will have to work harder for their place .

LDG
13-06-2012, 03:50 PM
HOLD THE FRONT FUCKIN PAGE!!!!!

Sounds good.

Alpha
13-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Sorry for the mistake . I meant :

Giroud - RVP- Podolski .

LDG
13-06-2012, 03:53 PM
:haha:

fakeyank
13-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Wenger is doing a good job so far in the transfer market this season. No complains! If we can keep RVP, our attack looks immense! Now to get rid of the dross in the team! :scarf:

Kano
13-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Sorry for the mistake . I meant :

Giroud - RVP- Podolski .

i know people like to wet themselves and post up their fantasy formations but trust me - this will NOT be the front three next season, even if he does sign and RVP stays

Özim
13-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Seems like a decent signing, I suspect RVP is gone though.

We never sign two goalscoring strikers, it would be an odd move for us to do it now.

LDG
13-06-2012, 03:58 PM
i know people like to wet themselves and post up their fantasy formations but trust me - this will NOT be the front three next season, even if he does sign and RVP stays

It will be:

Wallcott M'Vila Wilshere Song Arteta Podolski

RVP
Giroud

Kano
13-06-2012, 03:59 PM
i almost believed you until i noticed ramsey wasn't in there

LDG
13-06-2012, 04:02 PM
i almost believed you until i noticed ramsey wasn't in there

Bloody right. He's shit.

Master Splinter
13-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Giroud :bow:.

Koscielny is his best mate apparently, so more excellent tapping up from our defenders.

Need Giroud to convince Chamakh's son to sign now.

French re-revolution at Arsenal :bow:.

Alpha
13-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Wenger can use any combination of players . It depends much on opposition and much more on situation of the day . When we are very desperate for goals , putting three strikers together who can all score goals will only be a good thing . what is sure is all of them three are very good finishers . If we can get people to provide proper ammunition , next season will be very interesting indeed .

Japan Shaking All Over
13-06-2012, 04:25 PM
It will be:

Wallcott M'Vila Wilshere Song Arteta Podolski

RVP
Giroud

LDs just wet his whole bed by the looks of things

Japan Shaking All Over
13-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Wenger can use any combination of players . It depends much on opposition and much more on situation of the day . When we are very desperate for goals , putting three strikers together who can all score goals will only be a good thing . what is sure is all of them three are very good finishers . If we can get people to provide proper ammunition , next season will be very interesting indeed .

Come off it. . .you new round here. . .I am not a Wenger hater but even I know that WUMger never considers the oppo when choosing tactics, its a miracle he ever applies any at times

Niall_Quinn
13-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Giroud injured himself signing, apparently. Out for the season.

Xhaka Can’t
13-06-2012, 06:16 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oTjPRtArXbw/TEXbQbBHPFI/AAAAAAAAC2I/TisJdwiOnLw/s320/pirate_monkey_yar.jpg

Letters
13-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Seems like a decent signing, I suspect RVP is gone though.

We never sign two goalscoring strikers, it would be an odd move for us to do it now.
Two possibilities IMO
1) RvP is going and they know they can't lose him and not sign some proper players this time.
2) When they met RvP told them straight they needed to show ambition if they want to keep him and Arsenal are trying to do just that.

I fear it's the first but the 2nd is plausible. Either way it's good to see us doing some positive business for a change.

Cripps_orig
13-06-2012, 06:49 PM
yay

fakeyank
13-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Two possibilities IMO
1) RvP is going and they know they can't lose him and not sign some proper players this time.
2) When they met RvP told them straight they needed to show ambition if they want to keep him and Arsenal are trying to do just that.

I fear it's the first but the 2nd is plausible. Either way it's good to see us doing some positive business for a change.

:gp:

We cant force RVP to stay but if we can do our business early in the season and give the new players a chance to blend in, I have no complaints! If we can get rid of the dross and get back JW fit, next season could be very very interesting!

IBK
13-06-2012, 08:50 PM
:gp:

We cant force RVP to stay but if we can do our business early in the season and give the new players a chance to blend in, I have no complaints! If we can get rid of the dross and get back JW fit, next season could be very very interesting!

:good:

Ollie the Optimist
13-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Two possibilities IMO

i honesty believe its the second. after euros, rvp meets wenger. wenger asks how hsi summer was and robin goes it was good. how was yours. then says we were busy and shows him three new players and good players at that. he will sign there and then

cricketsi
14-06-2012, 01:05 AM
i honesty believe its the second. after euros, rvp meets wenger. wenger asks how hsi summer was and robin goes it was good. how was yours. then says we were busy and shows him three new players and good players at that. he will sign there and then
Living up to your username :bow: MOC :trophy:

hobson's choice
14-06-2012, 02:29 AM
More happier with this signing than the Podolski one.

LDG
14-06-2012, 05:26 AM

And they all lived happily ever after and went home and had ice cream and some cakes.

Gubby Allen
14-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Don't know him, he's better than Chamakh I presume?

Grebbo
14-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Don't know him, he's better than Chamakh I presume?

Despite not seeing him play I think it's safe to say he's better than Chamakh.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-06-2012, 08:19 AM

Are you a loan signing from RAWK?

Letters
14-06-2012, 09:17 AM
And they all lived happily ever after and went home and had ice cream and some cakes.
And lashings of ginger beer. Hurrah!

Japan Shaking All Over
14-06-2012, 09:18 AM

I am on boared with this one, I reckon RvP will stay. I think he will look to get paid though rather than see us force him to see out the last year and run the risk of having less market value come this time next year, as he will be 30 and not guaranteed of going through the year injury free. And I dont believe we would be wrong to do so either.

Not sure if he will say he had a good summer when asked tho. . .Holland stinking up the Euros at the mo. . .at least he will get a rest.

Letters
14-06-2012, 09:32 AM
We're certainly making a case for him to stay. No-one can say we're resting on our laurels this year, expecting players to come back from injury and counting them as 'new signings'.

V-Pig
14-06-2012, 09:39 AM
No-one can say we're resting on our laurels this year.

I think you're underestimating GW there.

Özim
14-06-2012, 09:44 AM
We're certainly making a case for him to stay. No-one can say we're resting on our laurels this year, expecting players to come back from injury and counting them as 'new signings'.
It all depends whether we're signing players to improve and help convince him, or if it's because we're know he's on his way.

We won't know until later, but I suspect it's the latter as we've seen this kind of thing go on before.

Letters
14-06-2012, 09:47 AM
It all depends whether we're signing players to improve and help convince him, or if it's because we're know he's on his way.

We won't know until later, but I suspect it's the latter as we've seen this kind of thing go on before.
You may be right but when Nasri and Cesc went we didn't sign any replacements until the panic buying on deadline day. At least we're doing business early this year.

Özim
14-06-2012, 09:55 AM
You may be right but when Nasri and Cesc went we didn't sign any replacements until the panic buying on deadline day. At least we're doing business early this year.
True which is very good, plus they do seem to be able to score goals.

KSE Comedy Club
14-06-2012, 09:59 AM
True which is very good, plus they do seem to be able to score goals.That sounds almost.......positive?!?

:faint:

Ollie the Optimist
14-06-2012, 10:03 AM
True which is very good, plus they do seem to be able to score goals.

Club are finally showing ambition eh zimm ;)

Özim
14-06-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm all for players who offer something we need, it's the players we sign who don't have any obvious strengths we require, the like of Squillaci, Chamakh and co.

These two have scored goals and seem pretty decent, I do think we need a few more but this is a good start. Losing RVP would be a big blow of course, let's hope we can keep him.

Asthmatic Kitty
14-06-2012, 12:34 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7812933/Gladbach-try-for-Giroud

let's not count our poulets just yet

milla
14-06-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7812933/Gladbach-try-for-Giroud

let's not count our poulets just yet

Would Gladbach take Champa instead? :coffee:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-06-2012, 03:52 PM
giroud confirmed on ssn yellow bar.

gazidis might get some flack for his job but getting in podolski and giroud for combined £20m is great business.

Arsenal Royal
18-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Is this guy worth the money? I haven't heard/seen of him before tbh. :unsure:

All I can say is that he's HOT ! :cheer: Might be the hottest player at Arsenal since Freddie Ljungberg :smooch:.

Letters
18-06-2012, 04:36 PM
:lol:

Hello you :hug:

Arsenal Royal
18-06-2012, 04:41 PM

Hello you :hug:

I was simply pointing out the positive thing about this transfer.

:hug: s back!

EDIT: I just found out he's married :ilt: .

fakeyank
18-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Kroenke doing the business early this year

Yanks :bow:

Letters
18-06-2012, 04:48 PM
EDIT: I just found out he's married :ilt: .
:console:

Don't worry, you've got until late September to run off with me :cool:

Arsenal Royal
18-06-2012, 04:50 PM
:console:

Don't worry, you've got until late September to run off with me :cool:

All the good men are already taken or married.

;)

Unai Tea
18-06-2012, 04:52 PM

;)

Same goes for all the good women. Slim pickings left over.

Coney
18-06-2012, 04:58 PM

;)

If only you hadn't spent all your time teasing them. ;)

Letters
18-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Bam! :lol:

Arsenal Royal
18-06-2012, 05:11 PM
If only you hadn't spent all your time teasing them. ;)

The opposite is/was the case ;).

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-06-2012, 07:46 PM
I am watching a documentary about people who throw themselves off the Golden Gate Bridge, so if you find single life too painful...well there's an option for you!

Coney
18-06-2012, 08:00 PM
I am watching a documentary about people who throw themselves off the Golden Gate Bridge, so if you find single life too painful...well there's an option for you!

Bit of a trek. There are plenty of cliffs, tall buildings and bridges in Britain. If you use the cliffs at Flamborough, you can jump off the cliffs onto the rocks below and the incoming tide will clear up the mess.

V-Pig
18-06-2012, 08:05 PM
What a waste of police resources though. Better to just disappear somewhere. (Having severed all ties with friends and family so no one reports you missing.)

Injury Time
18-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Ah so that's why you're here not making friends, kudos for your consideration :good:
;)

Boss
18-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Apparently Giroud will take the no9 shirt according to online reports.

Guess that means Park will be sold soon... :rose:

V-Pig
18-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Ah so that's why you're here not making friends, kudos for your consideration :good:
;)

My friends are all busy disappearing themselves.

At least... I assume that's what they're doing.

Injury Time
18-06-2012, 08:13 PM
My friends are all busy disappearing themselves.

At least... I assume that's what they're doing.
Pfft noob, I skipped the whole friends thing makes it a lot :ninja: easier

Coney
18-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Pfft noob, I skipped the whole friends thing makes it a lot :ninja: easier

GW friends ftw. Much simpler when you don't give a toss about them. :good:

Injury Time
18-06-2012, 08:23 PM
GW friends ftw. Much simpler when you don't give a toss about them. :good:
Tbh be more worried if gave a toss over me:yikes:

McNamara That Ghost...
18-06-2012, 08:50 PM

We need to retire that shirt number, it is well and truly cursed.

Özim
18-06-2012, 09:24 PM

Yeah to the military for 2 years.

One of the best signings of Wenger's reign without a doubt.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Well Well!

Flavs
19-06-2012, 07:57 AM
More happier with this signing than the Podolski one.

I agree with this if we have actually signed him. Assuming we are shipping out the useless tools that are Bendtner and Chamakh that is. I would take 3mil for each right now just to get rid.

Big, strong, physical and with a poachers instinct he could do well in England assuming 2 things

1,. He actually gets to play
2. The fans and media don't butcher him straight away.

Alpha
19-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Olivier Giroud might not be a superstar atm but what is sure unlike Chamack Giroud can shoot and attack the ball . he doesn't give the chance to the opposite defense . he has also a Bendtner-like header . Looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the team .

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-06-2012, 01:49 PM
love the fact his club insisted a couple of months ago that he wont be going anywhere for less than £50m. they knew he had a release clause of £10m all along :lol: what sort of idiotic game did they think they were playing.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Olivier Giroud denied that he has reached an agreement to join Arsenal, despite confirmations that Montpellier were in negotiations with the London side.

The 25-year-old forward is a top transfer target of Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, but the assertions of Giroud suggest there is still more work to be done if the France international is to join the Premier League club.

"I have not signed for Arsenal," was Giroud's curt reply to RMC Sport when quizzed on the topic following France's 2-0 loss to Sweden at Euro 2012.

Wenger is in the market for a new forward to bolster his striking options, and is eager to add the Ligue 1 top scorer to the club's ranks as they prepare for the possible departure of Robin van Persie.

Giroud fired Montpellier to the Ligue 1 title last season with 21 goals in 36 games.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/20/3188722/giroud-denies-reaching-agreement-with-arsenal

Still hope of not signing him then and bringing in a better player :pray:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-06-2012, 06:43 PM
well my understanding is that we haven't spoken to the player yet and the agreement is only with the club, and we won't speak with him until after euro 2012.

Lord Nelson
20-06-2012, 08:01 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/20/3188722/giroud-denies-reaching-agreement-with-arsenal

Still hope of not signing him then and bringing in a better player :pray:

You miserable git! He is just what we need! I am disappointed to read this report, I thought that it was a done deal!

Cripps_orig
20-06-2012, 08:03 PM
It'll be done on August 31st

Japan Shaking All Over
20-06-2012, 11:24 PM
The deal very much sounds done, although it looked like Chamkh isnt going to be part of it. . . about Giourds comments it sounds as if the guy is just following protocol and adding his bit, unlike some it dont know when to keep their mouths shut.
He has the Euros to think about and just wants to get on with that

WMUG
21-06-2012, 09:20 AM
It'll be a done deal once he gets back from the Euros.

Fist of Lehmann
21-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Which ought to be early Sunday for the French.

Saw the 10 minute cameo he had against the Swedish.
Didn't do anything except miss with a 6 yrd header - still looked better than Shakatak.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Which ought to be early Sunday for the French.

Saw the 10 minute cameo he had against the Swedish.
Didn't do anything except miss with a 6 yrd header - still looked better than Shaq Attack.

http://www.stubbens.se/Bilder/Flipperflyers/Ss/Gottlieb%20Shaq%20Attack%2001.jpg

Marc Overmars
21-06-2012, 02:50 PM
I've had a breakdown.

I don't know why but I fear Giroud is going to be Chakma MKII. I don't think I can see us adapting to the needs of a "number 9" striker.

Niall_Quinn
21-06-2012, 03:19 PM
I've had a breakdown.

I don't know why but I fear Giroud is going to be Chakma MKII. I don't think I can see us adapting to the needs of a "number 9" striker.

Relax. Nobody could be that bad. Your fear is irrational.

Fist of Lehmann
21-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah, even from the little I saw you could tell the Giroud is no Chamakh, he can trap the ball and stuff, just like a real footballer. He looks like a proper no 9 though, a big chap who hangs around in the box. Cannot see him doing well on the wing.

So what then? RvP replacement or understudy? Can't see Rvp playing the vacant playmaker position, but then, there was a time when no-one could see Rvp as a lone frontman. And look how that turned out. Rvp pushed out wide? Hmmm. Why would you push your most influential player out onto the periphery?

Cripps_orig
21-06-2012, 03:57 PM
I've had a breakdown.

I don't know why but I fear Giroud is going to be Chakma MKII. I don't think I can see us adapting to the needs of a "number 9" striker.Lets hope he has a good a start as Chamakh did

fakeyank
21-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah, even from the little I saw you could tell the Giroud is no Chamakh, he can trap the ball and stuff, just like a real footballer. He looks like a proper no 9 though, a big chap who hangs around in the box. Cannot see him doing well on the wing.

So what then? RvP replacement or understudy? Can't see Rvp playing the vacant playmaker position, but then, there was a time when no-one could see Rvp as a lone frontman. And look how that turned out. Rvp pushed out wide? Hmmm. Why would you push your most influential player out onto the periphery?

Wenger simply has to change formations if RVP stays.. there are no two ways about it. Unless of course he plays Giroud on the wings.. I am sure Wenger will never do something like that- put a main striker on the wings :lol:

Joker
21-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Perhaps he could play a version of 4-2-3-1?

================Chesney======================

Sagna======Koscielny========Vermaelen========Gibbs =

============Song========Wilshere/Arteta===========

Walcott============RVP==================Oxlade-Chamberlain=

================Giroud============================

Perhaps it still leaves us a bit exposed. When the Netherlands starting with RVP in an attacking midfield position against Portugal, they were getting ripped on the counter because he wouldn't drop back when they lost possession.

WilshereourGHEL
21-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Perhaps he could play a version of 4-2-3-1?

================Chesney======================

Sagna======Koscielny========Vermaelen========Gibbs =

============Song========Wilshere/Arteta===========

Walcott============RVP==================Oxlade-Chamberlain=

================Giroud============================

Perhaps it still leaves us a bit exposed. When the Netherlands starting with RVP in an attacking midfield position against Portugal, they were getting ripped on the counter because he wouldn't drop back when they lost possession.

You forget the 99.9% signing of m'villa if true he would be a dm that would do a dm job not try be a zidane like songooo

Master Splinter
21-06-2012, 06:21 PM

If you've actually ever seen RVP play without the seething hate turned up to twelve, you'd know he spends a lot of time dropping deep and linking play. It wouldn't exactly be an alien position for him. He also holds the ball up and relieves pressure when needed. He can also be useful defensively, much like Drogba often was.

Of course, one game in a ramshackle Netherlands team in which the terrible Huntelaar was accommodated and failed miserably in replicating RVP's role is more conclusive proof than many seasons of evidence to the contrary, however.

Niall_Quinn
21-06-2012, 06:27 PM
If you've actually ever seen RVP play without the seething hate turned up to twelve, you'd know he spends a lot of time dropping deep and linking play. It wouldn't exactly be an alien position for him. He also holds the ball up and relieves pressure when needed. He can also be useful defensively, much like Drogba often was.

Of course, one game in a ramshackle Netherlands team in which the terrible Huntelaar was accommodated and failed miserably in replicating RVP's role is more conclusive proof than many seasons of evidence to the contrary, however.

RvP is a pretender. He pretended to score all those goals and people like you fell for it.

Joker
21-06-2012, 06:31 PM

I wasn't actually criticising him, I don't really expect a forward player to be able to know which defensive positions to take up when without possession. Normally we've had Rosicky, Arteta and Song in the centre 3 recently, and those 3 are actually midfield players so defensively there's not a worry there. But when you play a forward there you're relying a lot on the other 2 (probably Song and Arteta/Wilshere) to do most of the defensive work. Maybe it'll work, I don't know, but it's something to consider at least.

Fist of Lehmann
22-06-2012, 12:46 PM
My gut feeling is that you can call him an attacking midfielder, plonk him in the attacking midfield position, and he's still tend to play the role as a deep-lying forward.

So like we saw with Rambo last season, instead of tracking back with the intention of defending, he'd hang around on the edge of the box waiting to spring the counterattack. How much defending he'd need to do there I'm not sure, Rosicky certainly did alot of his tackling in the middle third. Cesc shuttled around in this area as well, sometimes it's not only about tackling but about being in the way - closing down passing lanes and pressuring opponents.

That said, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Rvp is smart, and disciplined. And it's possible he could do some sort of job there, but I'd still have concerns. For a guy who has played wide midfield, winger, no 10 and no 9 in his career, adaptability is not the concern. More depends on his will than his ability.

Flavs
22-06-2012, 01:23 PM
I do wonder if after trying the adapted 4-4-2 last season a few times with varying success we will give it a go, we cant play 4-3-3 because our wingers/inside forwards lack the discipline and stamina to track back, I would love us to start with the Podster and Giroud up front :bow:

Power n Glory
22-06-2012, 01:35 PM
We won't try a new formation. It's not going to happen. We have had plenty of excuses to try and play with two strikers but Wenger hasn't taken it on board. He could have played Arshavin behind the striker like how Madrid play, he could have tried playing Chamakh up front, Park, Theo has been desperate to get a chance to play up front and that hasn't happened.

Also, Wenger has turned RVP into a proper striker and if we're keeping him, I doubt he's going to shift him further back field after such a great season and adapting his game so well to play that role.

Niall_Quinn
22-06-2012, 01:50 PM
If the guy is any good then we finally have a decent option on the bench whereas last year all we had was Chamakh. So big progress is a possibility here.

WilshereourGHEL
25-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Lille have taking Giroud in a helicopter in a swoop that is known as 'OPERATION PARK CHU YOUNG REVENGE'

Cripps_orig
25-06-2012, 05:54 PM
I think Park being the worst striker ever for us is revenge enough for Lille

Master Splinter
25-06-2012, 07:19 PM
I think Park being the worst striker ever for us is revenge enough for Lille

Park's worse than Bendtner?

No-one has seen Park play.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2012, 07:21 PM

Fair point

Bendtner :haha:

Dennis Bendtner
25-06-2012, 08:15 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2w5k1Uqtw1qd2kxpo3_250.gif

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Cabaye's brother. :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
25-06-2012, 09:02 PM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/30023152/tumblr_m4vb7rHUIi1r700n2o1_500_thumb.png

The lad is gorgeous, there's no question about that.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Looks gay

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Christ you're worse than Pirlo.

Niall_Quinn
25-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Looks gay

Acts gay too.

Flavs
26-06-2012, 08:42 AM

I have :wave:

Power n Glory
26-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Me too. I thougt Park looked sharp whenever he played, just didn't get many touches on the ball.

Flavs
26-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Me too. I thougt Park looked sharp whenever he played, just didn't get many touches on the ball.

Should have started him and Chamakh in the cups tbh. It's all very wierd and I think we deserve an explanation

McNamara That Ghost...
26-06-2012, 09:10 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/images/jun_12/gun__1340701272_Giroud2.jpg

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/olivier-giroud-agrees-deal-to-join-arsenal

:bow:

Flavs
26-06-2012, 09:13 AM

Edit the thread title Maccy

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 09:15 AM
RVP :wave:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Edit the thread title Maccy

Done.

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Never seen him play bar this summer where he was a bit shit.

I wont judge him on that though.

Hope he can play on the wing

Boss
26-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Finally.

Doubt Van Persie is staying now but at least we're being proactive rather than reactive.

New Arsenal :bow: :bow:

Flavs
26-06-2012, 09:23 AM
See, we set Stan free of the dusty board and we buy 2 players before the transfer window even opens

Marc Overmars
26-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Giroud. :bow:

What a beautiful man.

Dennis Bendtner
26-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Shirt no. 29 I'm hearing

lol jk

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Who will have number 10 next season?

V-Pig
26-06-2012, 10:00 AM
He's not as sexy as RVP, but he'll do for my man-crush in the event of the former leaving. After AS17, obv.

Ralpheroo72
26-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Great news!!! Arsene getting shit done early this year!!! Welcome Olivier Giroud, hope you score a tonne of goals!!

Japan Shaking All Over
26-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Agreed definitely something went on with that odd bit of business. . .meetings at deserted train stations and the like. . .money laundrying?

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Anyone seen him play for the Pub Team he played for in France?

Can he play as the lone man in our formation?

Or is he a Chamakh who is better in a 2?

Kano
26-06-2012, 11:22 AM
21 goals - 1 headed 16 left foot 4 right 2 pens 5 from outside box.

not a bad mixture

V-Pig
26-06-2012, 11:26 AM
He's sexy alright.

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 11:32 AM

not a bad mixture

If he gets 5 from outside the box for us next season, he'll be sold next summer

McNamara That Ghost...
26-06-2012, 11:33 AM

not a bad mixture

Nine assists in the league too. Four goals in the cup.

Ollie the Optimist
26-06-2012, 11:35 AM

not a bad mixture

him, rvp and podolski scored 111 goals last season between them. this should be good

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 11:49 AM
him, rvp and podolski scored 111 goals last season between them. this should be good
Impressive

Giroud scored 21 goals

RVP with 37 goals

That means Podolski scored 53 goals for a relegated side in Germany

McNamara That Ghost...

Er, no they didn't.

Shaqiri Is Boss

:blink:

That's 37 each. Van Persie got 37 as he went mental, Giroud got 25 as shown above. So Podolski scored 49?

Edit: I see I was far too slow in being perplexed...

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Born in Chambery, France in 1986, Giroud signed for his first team Grenoble at the age of 13. At 19, he earned a call-up to the Grenoble first team after impressing in the reserves with 15 goals in 15 matches.In 2006 he made his first team debut from the bench, but it wasn’t until the February of that season that he marked his first goal for the club, an injury time winner against Le Havre.

Giroud spent the 2007/08 season on loan with French third division side Istres, scoring 14 goals during the campaign, before being placed on the transfer list upon his return to Grenoble. He signed for Division Two side Tours FC in 2008, scoring 14 goals in 27 appearances to attract the attention of Ligue 1 side Montpellier two years later.

Having signed the player for 2 million Euros, Montpellier then loaned the striker back to Tours FC for the remainder of the 2010 season, where he finished as Division Two’s top goalscorer and was named in the league’s team of the year.

After a positive end to loan spell, Giroud made his club and European debut against Hungarian side Gyori ETO in the Europa League, scoring the club’s only goal of the competition as they were eliminated on penalties in the second leg.
In 2011 he helped his side to its first major final in seven years after scoring an extra-time winner in the Coupe de la Ligue semi-final match against Paris Saint Germain. He finished the campaign as the club’s top goalscorer and was rewarded with a contract extension until 2014, as well as a national team call-up in November for France’s friendly matches the United States and Belgium.

Giroud’s first international goal came in February 2012 in the 2-1 friendly win over Germany. He finished last season with 21 goals for Montpellier, helping to ensure the club’s first ever Ligue 1 title.

He now joins fellow France team-mates Laurent Koscielny and Bacary Sagna at Arsenal following a reported £13 million (€16 million) deal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9356294/Arsenal-sign-Olivier-Giroud-the-goals-and-skills-that-convinced-Arsene-Wenger-to-get-his-man.html

Shite career so far. Needs to step up asap

Videos of him on the link

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 11:51 AM
:blink:

That's 37 each. Van Persie got 37 as he went mental, Giroud got 25 as shown above. So Podolski scored 49?

Edit: I see I was far too slow in being perplexed...
Just remember who youre replying to.

Ollie the Optimist
26-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Er, no they didn't.

ah maybe it was contriuted then (assusts and goals)

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Just remember who youre replying to.

Well he is optimistic...

Wiki suggests 80 scored between them, which is still impressive. The goals+assists seems to make more sense.

Providing Van Persie stays obviously.

Özim
26-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Some of Wenger's comments on Giroud

He has proved that he is capable of performing at the top level with club and country, and we saw what a big influence he was in Montpellier's championship-winning side last season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18592650

We'll that's just BS isn't it, he hasn't proved he is capable of performing at the top level for club and country, he's not played in a top league and has 1 goal in 9 games for France.

Hopefully he'll turn out to be very good, but Wenger's words are as usual inaccurate.

Letters
26-06-2012, 03:36 PM
oh do shut up moaning :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-06-2012, 03:37 PM

We'll that's just BS isn't it, he hasn't proved he is capable of performing at the top level for club and country, he's not played in a top league and has 1 goal in 9 games for France.

Hopefully he'll turn out to be very good, but Wenger's words are as usual inaccurate.

Use the Wenget slaughterhouse thread please.

Kano
26-06-2012, 03:39 PM

yes when you sign a new player you should never, under any circumstances, talk them up and offer any hype.

always be pragmatic, realistic and completely accurate.

just for those fucking idiots that can't tell fantasy from reality.

server too busy!
26-06-2012, 04:05 PM

Would you say the same of Hazard?

Coney
26-06-2012, 04:08 PM

Your words are, as usual, completely negative.

Alpha
26-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Please stop posting rubbish about Giroud if you don't really know him . Olivier Giroud is not a Chamakh . He is a proper striker who can scare defence . It's true he is a kind of newcomer to the top football but that is not the reason why we should put him down . I can give a list of footballers who came from lower division and are doing very good at the top level :
1) Didier Drogba was in 2e division Le Mans before joining Guigamp in the 1st Division . He joined Marseille at age 25 and then Chelsea and the rest is history .
2)laurent Koscielny : was else can I say about him ? Un;ess you don't rate him and I would be very surprised .
3) Joleon Lescott : please check his record . Not long ago he was in the championship but now a rock at City .
4) Cahill : which defender is not scared of the everton striker ?
Giroud is a good finisher . Very good in the air . Very physical and combative . A team player . a poacher .......etc .. what else can you ask from a striker ? Please welcome him and give him time to adapt and see what he is capable of before chamakhing him

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Please stop posting rubbish about Giroud if you don't really know him . Olivier Giroud is not a Chamakh . He is a proper striker who can scare defence . It's true he is a kind of newcomer to the top football but that is not the reason why we should put him down . I can give a list of footballers who came from lower division and are doing very good at the top level :
1) Didier Drogba was in 2e division Le Mans before joining Guigamp in the 1st Division . He joined Marseille at age 25 and then Chelsea and the rest is history .
2)laurent Koscielny : was else can I say about him ? Un;ess you don't rate him and I would be very surprised .
3) Joleon Lescott : please check his record . Not long ago he was in the championship but now a rock at City .
4) Cahill : which defender is not scared of the everton striker ?
Giroud is a good finisher . Very good in the air . Very physical and combative . A team player . a poacher .......etc .. what else can you ask from a striker ? Please welcome him and give him time to adapt and see what he is capable of before chamakhing him

Naming Koscielny, Lescott and Cahill to try and back up Giroud is a big fail

Alpha
26-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Naming Koscielny, Lescott and Cahill to try and back up Giroud is a big fail
You forgot to mention Drogba here , Ach . What make you think he will fail ? shouldn't we be excited in the first place instead of moaning for no reason ?

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 05:17 PM
New Arsenal signing Olivier Giroud believes he possesses all the necessary attributes to be successful in the Premier League.

The north London club announced the 25-year-old's arrival on Tuesday morning for an undisclosed fee and on a "long-term" contract.

Giroud scored 21 goals in Ligue 1 last season, helping Montpellier pip favourites Paris Saint-Germain to seal their first ever league title, and insists he is now ready for the challenge of the English top flight.

He told Arsenal's official website: "I think I have the weapons to do well here. I will need some time to adapt of course, but I’m not worried about that. I think I will adapt well.

"I’m a player who likes to play, who likes to participate in the game. That’s why I think the way Arsenal play will suit me. I like scoring goals and Arsenal create a lot of chances, so if I do well, then we will do well.

"Of course, there are big strikers here, it is a big club and there will be a lot of competition for places. But it’s up to me to win my place."

Giroud also revealed he is a lifelong fan of the Premier League and says that he will relish the opportunity to compete at the top level with the Gunners.

He added: "For me it’s the best league in the world among the five big countries. That’s why I chose Arsenal and that’s why I dreamt about playing here.

"Also the environment appeals to me - the fans, the full stadiums, the different mentality here. So I’m happy to be able to discover this league.

"It’s about the fervour around football here. The [supporters] come as a family, they’re very passionate, it’s in their blood. They live football, eat football and sleep football. It’s different to France.

"There is a nice sporting challenge as well at Arsenal, and I will play to create history and enjoy myself and give pleasure to the fans. I think that the Premier League corresponds well with me."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/26/3202055/giroud-i-have-the-weapons-to-be-a-success-at-arsenal

FFS

Looks like we wont be changing anything

On we go to the 13/14 season

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 05:19 PM
You forgot to mention Drogba here , Ach . What make you think he will fail ? shouldn't we be excited in the first place instead of moaning for no reason ?

1 out of 4 isnt a good ratio

Cant get excited over an average player joining us.

We'll need him to hit the ground running cos we arent good enough to give time for players to adapt and unfortunately i cant see it happening. Hopefully im wrong. History suggests i wont be

Alpha
26-06-2012, 05:50 PM

We'll need him to hit the ground running cos we arent good enough to give time for players to adapt and unfortunately i cant see it happening. Hopefully im wrong. History suggests i wont be

I still remember your posts bashing RVP when Ade was still at Arsenal , Ach . You didn't rate Robin either . Have you still the same opinion ? Being voted the best player this season hasn't RVP changed your mind ?

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Ive always rated RVP.

Its his injury record i critisised

Alpha
26-06-2012, 05:54 PM

Name any sigle player who doesn't need time to adapt to a new team , let alone a new league ?
Drogba ? Henry? Pires ? Torres ? Makelele ? Vierra ? Van Nistelroy? cech ? Zola ? Weren't they good ?

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Name any sigle player who doesn't need time to adapt to a new team , let alone a new league ?
Drogba ? Henry? Pires ? Torres ? Makelele ? Vierra ? Van Nistelroy? cech ? Zola ? Weren't they good ?

And every single one of them joined successful teams where they could be given time to adapt. None of them joined clubs where patience has gone after being shit for 7 years and buying average players during that time, all of whom were given time to adapt and just a few have come good.

Unfortunately Giroud is paying for others mistakes. Harsh but thats football

Alpha
26-06-2012, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=Ach;157713]And every single one of them joined successful teams where they could be given time to adapt. None of them joined clubs where patience has gone after being shit for 7 years and buying average players during that time, all of whom were given time to adapt and just a few have come good.
RVP and Podolski being ready and experienced , Giroud might be given short time to adapt if needed .

fakeyank
26-06-2012, 06:35 PM
I am very excited about him signing. Looks great and exactly the type of players a LOT of us were asking for. Cannot see reasons for complains really! We werent going to sign a Messi or Ronaldo... we always signed players like these and as long as AW is doing his best, I cant criticize him or the board or the cleaners at AFC. Great signing, get in a RB and keep RVP and this would be one of the best summers in years!

Master Splinter
26-06-2012, 08:35 PM

Just remember who you're replying to.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Find a different thread to complain about Wenger!

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 09:21 PM

Me :unsure:

fari
26-06-2012, 10:08 PM
I am very excited about him signing. Looks great and exactly the type of players a LOT of us were asking for. Cannot see reasons for complains really! We werent going to sign a Messi or Ronaldo... we always signed players like these and as long as AW is doing his best, I cant criticize him or the board or the cleaners at AFC. Great signing, get in a RB and keep RVP and this would be one of the best summers in years!

i quite agree. welcome home OG!!

Alpha
26-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Is Ach a permenant moaner ? Ididn't know that . Thanks to let me know.

Alpha
26-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Me :unsure:
Just promise us that you will not celebrate when Giroud starts banging them goals , Ach . I will keep reminding every time he scores.With the kinds of chances we create he will scores loads of them .The guy can score headers , sitters,long ranges ,rebounds,all sorts of goals .He will make you eat your words just as RVP did to his doubters.

Özim
27-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Just promise us that you will not celebrate when Giroud starts banging them goals , Ach . I will keep reminding every time he scores.With the kinds of chances we create he will scores loads of them .The guy can score headers , sitters,long ranges ,rebounds,all sorts of goals .He will make you eat your words just as RVP did to his doubters.
If the guy can score sitters as you say, he's a guaranteed success!

Grebbo
27-06-2012, 05:42 AM
Good signing as long as he's not RVP's replacement. If Pod and this fella are in addition to RVP signing then I'm pretty excited.

A left back, goalie and a fit Wilshere and we're good to go.

AKBapologist
27-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Arsenal’s new signing Olivier Giroud has revealed that he turned down a move to Chelsea in order to complete the move to north London.

The Gunners yesterday announced the signing of the Frenchman, who scored 21 goals as former club Montpellier last season.

“The choice was between Chelsea and Arsenal. I chose Arsenal because of the club’s philosophy and stability,” he said.

“It is something that means a lot for me. I’ve always dreamed of playing in the Premier League and Arsenal are a great club with many French players.”

From London 24

sent from a fone

Asthmatic Kitty
27-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Arsenal’s new signing Olivier Giroud has revealed that he turned down a move to Chelsea in order to complete the move to north London.

The Gunners yesterday announced the signing of the Frenchman, who scored 21 goals as former club Montpellier last season.

“The choice was between Chelsea and Arsenal. I chose Arsenal because of the club’s philosophy and stability,” he said.

“It is something that means a lot for me. I’ve always dreamed of playing in the Premier League and Arsenal are a great club with many French players.”

From London 24

sent from a fone

you missed the best line! (from ssn)

Chelsea is very nice, it is a great club, but I am not convinced Di Matteo knows who I am.

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Chelsea is very nice, it is a great club, but I am not convinced Di Matteo knows who I am.

This has got to be one of the most classic transfer window quotes of all human history (or at least since GW started, whichever came first)

A complete anti-Nick we have here. Gives me a lot of confidence in the guy already, even though he's gay.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Tbf, no one at Arsenal bar Wenger knows who he is either and i wouldnt trust Wenger with signings from France anymore.

Sagna is the last decent one and that was 5 years ago

The Ogg Monster
27-06-2012, 01:59 PM
If we keep RvP then we'll have WAY too many attacking players surely?

RvP, Giroud, Podolski, Gervinho,Walcott, Chamberlain!

Thats six attackers.

Ollie the Optimist
27-06-2012, 02:05 PM
If we keep RvP then we'll have WAY too many attacking players surely?

RvP, Giroud, Podolski, Gervinho,Walcott, Chamberlain!

Thats six attackers.

its a very strange concept this but its called squad depth

Cripps_orig
27-06-2012, 02:08 PM
And the fact that only RVP and Giroud from those 6 will be played as an out and out striker with Pod and Forehead on the left and Theo and Ox on the right

The Ogg Monster
27-06-2012, 02:11 PM
its a very strange concept this but its called squad depth

Balls. Its too many strikers.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Back on topic

OLIVIER GIROUD insists he has joined Arsenal to play with — and not replace — Robin van Persie.

The France striker completed a £12million move from French champions Montpellier yesterday.

He is the Gunners' second big-name signing of the summer following the £11m arrival of Lukas Podolski from Cologne last month.

And the fact manager Arsene Wenger has shelled out for two new strikers has left some fans fearing Van Persie could be heading for the Emirates exit door.

However, Giroud played down those fears by revealing he has been brought in to challenge the Dutch superstar for a starting spot.

He said: "When you make the decision to join a great club, you know there is already a great forward.

“I know what to expect. Van Persie is a fantastic player who was outstanding last season.

“He has been at Arsenal for eight years, I hope I will have time to adapt and improve. Anyway, I don’t go there to take his place.”

Giroud scored 21 goals in 36 league appearances as Montpellier claimed the French title last season.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4397893/Olivier-Giroud-I-joined-Arsenal-to-play-with-Robin-van-Persienot-replace-him.html

Good luck with that

Ollie the Optimist
27-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Balls. Its too many strikers.

so last season we didnt have enough now we have too many

Japan Shaking All Over
27-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Ogg = WUM

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2012, 03:45 PM
We've need quality options up front for a long time. We weren't getting anyone in the £30mill bracket and we're fed up of the ever up and coming youngsters who don't deliver so bringing in an impeccably experienced pro like Podolski and an International coming off the back of a great season is a new way to go. It;s what we've been asking for, so tick that box. Now on to the midfield and the defence.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-06-2012, 04:01 PM
You are right no 30 mil players are coming our way, but I am happy the way we are shaping and we still sound like we have money

Dempsey would be a sound purchase at this stage. . .Ramsey loan part of the deal?

We lost Benny back to Chavs and wherever he ends up next so experience is a need in the midfield or are we relying on Jack now. . .there are goals in Dempsey though, even if he is getting o a bit

fakeyank
27-06-2012, 05:21 PM
You are right no 30 mil players are coming our way, but I am happy the way we are shaping and we still sound like we have money

Dempsey would be a sound purchase at this stage. . .Ramsey loan part of the deal?

We lost Benny back to Chavs and wherever he ends up next so experience is a need in the midfield or are we relying on Jack now. . .there are goals in Dempsey though, even if he is getting o a bit

Wilshere?! :haha:

Kid's dead.. we need to move on :rose:

Alpha
27-06-2012, 07:13 PM
If the guy can score sitters as you say, he's a guaranteed success!
When koscielny joined I said he was a very good defender and every one laughed but today I can't see anyone who wouldn't be worried if Koscielny name is not in our back four . Giroud is a very good deal for us . A kind of white Drogba if you want .

Boss
27-06-2012, 08:38 PM
It was back in early April when Olivier Giroud, in a question and answer session with the local daily Midi Libre, reflected on his sudden surge into the public consciousness. Montpellier stood on the brink of their first league championship, his goals sustaining Hérault's unlikely challenge against the limitless resources of the Qatari-backed Paris St Germain, and scouting reports of the forward's prowess were arching eyebrows from the Bundesliga to the Premier League.

For a player whose progression from lower leagues to top flight had been steady rather than spectacular, all the newfound attention must have felt unfamiliar. Even unnerving. "I have had my own particular path to reach this point," he had said in the spring. "Things have only really accelerated over the last few months after a rather 'linear' career. But I made sure it happened for me. When things do come off, it makes you very proud. All the effort is worth it. What has happened since has been amazing."

If that was then, Giroud must be pinching himself now. A league title winner in May, and a member of Laurent Blanc's albeit under-achieving France squad at Euro 2012 through June, the 25-year-old will formally become an Arsenal player on 1 July. Prior to arriving at the French base in Donetsk, Giroud had only ever played two games outside France – a Europa League qualifier against the Hungarians Gyori two years ago and a friendly against Germany in Bremen in February – though now he is a high-profile export, and a man whose arrival Arsène Wenger hopes will help to appease Robin van Persie. Arsenal's manager has tracked the 6ft 3in forward from afar. He does not believe a fee of £13m represents a gamble.

The club's supporters may reserve judgement for now, if only because they once pinned their hopes on Marouane Chamakh maintaining the form that had claimed Bordeaux a Ligue 1 title upon his arrival at the Emirates Stadium. Yet the comparisons with the Moroccan should end there. Giroud feels different. The boy who grew up in a well-off Catholic family in the Rhône-Alpes with posters of Marco van Basten and Zinédine Zidane on his bedroom wall has, like Didier Drogba before him, earned this opportunity through steady progress in the French lower leagues. It is no surprise that he spoke of his "pride" at how he had ended up in London: from the boys' team Olympique Club de Froges to Grenoble's youth academy; from a loan spell at Istres in the third tier to a move to Tours of Ligue 2.

There, alongside Laurent Koscielny, he made his mark and put a sports science degree on hold, his goals attracting interest from Celtic before Montpellier secured his services for €2m in January 2010. Last season's French golden boot at Stade de la Mosson was earned as the focal point in a surprise package of a team. Montpellier was supposed to be all about rugby union, not football league championships. They were still an amateur side in the mid-1970s. Yet a club with upper mid-table attendance figures and lower mid-table resources held off PSG's new money with a team of academy graduates and journeymen. The reality that Middle-Eastern money does not always prevail was football's romantic story of the season.

Giroud contributed 21 league goals to ensure his reputation precedes him now. On the pitch he has tremendous stature and physical presence, with his aerial ability surely to prove an asset in the Premier League, but he can be just as quick-witted and nimble in possession. His Montpellier team-mate, Jamel Saihi, has compared him favourably to Zlatan Ibrahimovic in terms of his touch and presence – there were nine assists as well last term – while pointing to his work-rate and desire to defend. His coach at La Paillade, René Girard, described his goalscoring ability as "innate", which should make an attacking trio of Van Persie, Lukas Podolski and Giroud feel mouth-watering.

"I can play as a lone forward, in partnership with a second forward, or in front of a No10," he said. "I'll adapt my game to different situations. That's my job. I've worked hard to add some explosive power to the first few metres when I make a run with or without the ball. I still need to work on my game when I have my back to goal. That's the hardest part." That acknowledgement suggests a desire and willingness to maintain his education at Arsenal, and a realisation that, despite being an international, there is plenty more still to come. Wenger will tap into that appetite to improve.

He will need time to settle. London-life will be very different to what he has grown used to back in Montpellier, where he, his father and brother would regularly take themselves off to wine tastings in Languedoc-Roussillon to stock the striker's cellar with vintages from Pic Saint-Loup and Montpeyroux. "Je suis un epicurien," he once told Le Parisien. He has also become a gay icon back home having appeared topless on the front cover of the French magazine Tetu, alongside the pull quote: "Je n'ai pas de tabou." Indeed, in a city renowned for its liberalism, he is France's metrosexual man of the moment, complete with model looks and a legion of female fans, though his focus is fixed. "I still want to learn, to progress," he has said. His arrival at Arsenal will not quench that thirst.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jun/26/olivier-giroud-arsenal

Good stuff.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Thank you Boss :good:

Also post a summary

Özil's Panoramic View
27-06-2012, 11:55 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jun/26/olivier-giroud-arsenal

Good stuff.

no way I'm reading all that tbh

Japan Shaking All Over
28-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Should though. . .does make one confident about the team's latest acquisition

Cheers Boss :good:

fari
28-06-2012, 01:27 AM
When koscielny joined I said he was a very good defender and every one laughed but today I can't see anyone who wouldn't be worried if Koscielny name is not in our back four . Giroud is a very good deal for us . A kind of white Drogba if you want .

lol...i see what u mean tho. unless u had followed marseille as they progressed thru the uefa cup u would prob not have known who drogba was. then dude went to chelsea and the sky was the limit. i am very hopeful that OG does well, he just seems to be different to chamakh, personality wise, work ethic wise etc.

Keith
28-06-2012, 06:49 AM
In front of a no10? 4-4-2?

Syn
28-06-2012, 11:25 AM
I must tell you. This is an exceptional signing - I think he will have a bigger impact than Poldibhai.

Two very good signings in attack now in the bag. If Robin doesn't sign now, he was taking the piss all along. But I think he will sign...he'll have taken Arsenal to the cleaners first though. But who cares about that. Lets run a car boot sale, see what we get for Arshavin, Bendtner, Vela etc. and lets spend it all on a monster DM. If Wilshere remains deceased, play AOC at ACM and let him just run and players and see what he can do with no fear.

I believe this is the start of a beautiful 2nd place finish. But we'll see.

GunnerFan4Life
28-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Chez
Sagna Kos Verm Gibbo
Wilshere Song Arteta

Van Persie
Giroud Poldi

Walcott, Chambo, Rosicky on the bench, quality on the bench, with gerv having his second season. Theres no width having all three playing, but atleast we can give van persie a free role and relieve him of all the pressure, i still believe RVP can still shine, giving giroud a chance up top and poldolski roaming off him and dominiting the left side of the team.

Alpha
28-06-2012, 04:29 PM
lol...i see what u mean tho. unless u had followed marseille as they progressed thru the uefa cup u would prob not have known who drogba was. then dude went to chelsea and the sky was the limit. i am very hopeful that OG does well, he just seems to be different to chamakh, personality wise, work ethic wise etc.

Fari , we will soon be laughing with Joy . Podolski is class .Giroud is a monster . He is intelligent and tends to attack every single ball . What will change is all the chances we create will have finally somebody to try to put them away . I can't pretend he will score all . But what was frustrating in our game was we can create loads of chance but when the ball comes in front of the opposite goal no one of our players to be seen . Olivier is not shy to test the keeper of giving any defender a game .He is strong and powerful .
Personally , I'm excited as I have seen many of his games .Ver promising . Up the Arse .

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-07-2012, 11:44 AM
i agree with the positive sentiments in this thread and most of all enjoy the fact thay we're buying players with a winning mentality. for years our teams have always had this mental block when it has come to the bread and butter stage of the season, usually around easter time when we are always knocked out of cup competitions, or towards the end of the season in the league when our team goes AWOL and throws away stupid points. i put this down to the players having a weak mentality and fearing to cross the finish line. what we've done in the transfer market so far is attempt to alleviate that block by signing players that have been there and done it; podolski has been at euro finals and played a major part for germany on the international stage, whilst giroud has won the league title in france with an outstanding goals tally to go with it.

hopefully we won't see these players pussy foot around at the crucial stage in the season, like mr nasri done in the carling cup final for example. ive got a good feeling about giroud so lets wait and see.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-07-2012, 11:44 AM
i agree with the positive sentiments in this thread and most of all enjoy the fact thay we're buying players with a winning mentality. for years our teams have always had this mental block when it has come to the bread and butter stage of the season, usually around easter time when we are always knocked out of cup competitions, or towards the end of the season in the league when our team goes AWOL and throws away stupid points. i put this down to the players having a weak mentality and fearing to cross the finish line. what we've done in the transfer market so far is attempt to alleviate that block by signing players that have been there and done it; podolski has been at euro finals and played a major part for germany on the international stage, whilst giroud has won the league title in france with an outstanding goals tally to go with it.

hopefully we won't see these players pussy foot around at the crucial stage in the season, like mr nasri done in the carling cup final for example. ive got a good feeling about giroud so lets wait and see.

Cripps_orig
01-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Arsenal's new striker Olivier Giroud has stated that the French connection at the club played a large part in his decision to sign for them this summer.

Giroud made four substitute appearances for France at Euro 2012 and scored 21 goals in Ligue 1 last term as he helped Montpellier to the title ahead of the likes of PSG, Lyon and Bordeaux. The 25 year-old admitted that the prospect of playing alongside some familiar faces meant as much to him as the style of play that the Gunners use.

"I chose Arsenal because they have the French touch," Giroud told TF1.

"There are a lot of French [players here], they have a particular philosophy and command respect."

Arsene Wenger sanctioned the £15m move to end a long transfer pursuit, but Giroud has confessed that his mind was made up to join the Gunners even before Euro 2012 started - although he didn't rule out a move back to Montpellier in the future.

"I had already made my decision at the end of the season before the Euros.

"Many people accounted for me to Montpellier. This may be a goodbye, who knows what the future holds?"

He made his debut for the French international side just last year and has since gone on to make nine appearances for his country, scoring once against Germany in a friendly in February. Despite struggling to start a game for Les Bleus during this summer's Euros, he maintains that the future is bright for French football.

"I lived the Euro from the bench, it was a little frustrating, but it makes me want to come back and grab game time.

"The image of the France [team] may be better, but we have already made progress.

"It is still not perfect, but we will work on it. We have a bright future. With time, we'll get to do beautiful things with these guys."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/01/3212819/olivier-giroud-states-that-french-influence-at-arsenal

Sagna is the only half decent Frenchi we have. Giroud joined the wrong French revolution. Should have been with us 10 years ago. Now that was some team with Frenchies

Syn
01-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Sagna is the only half decent Frenchi we have.

Oh shut up you attention-seeking idiot. Koscielny is very good.

Cripps_orig
01-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Oh shut up you attention-seeking idiot. Koscielny is very good.

Stop WUMming :good:

I have seen Kos just as much as you if not more and i have my own opinion on him so stop acting a fucktard and STFU

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Olivier Giroud says he never doubted that the goals would come for him at Arsenal and he expects the club's fortunes to turn.

The Frenchman was among those drafted into the Emirates over the summer, with Arsene Wenger aware that attacking reinforcements were required as Robin van Persie edged towards the exits.

Giroud has taken time to settle in England, but has been a regular on the scoresheet over recent weeks - including a double in a 3-3 draw with Fulham on Saturday.

He claims he did not allow his head to drop during a testing time and is confident that the Gunners, like him, will come good once full confidence has been restored.

Giroud said: "When I didn't score at the beginning of the season, I stayed confident.

"I always work on my mind and my game. Individual mistakes are hurting us and that's why we have to show solidarity. It's a bad run but there is a lot of quality in this team. We will have better days ahead."

Giroud could have celebrated his first hat-trick in Arsenal colours over the weekend, but he allowed Mikel Arteta to step up and take a late penalty against Fulham - an effort he saw saved by Mark Schwarzer.

"Some guys have asked me why I didn't take the ball but it's like that before the game, the boss has a list of penalty takers," Giroud said.

"It's very difficult because Mikel was under pressure. In the last minute, it's not very easy to shoot a penalty. We need to concede fewer goals because it's too difficult to win if we concede a lot of goals."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8243536/Olivier-Giroud-always-believed-that-he-would-come-good-at-Arsenal

Time to change the title Thread tbh.

GP
12-11-2012, 06:49 PM
He's been fantastic recently.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Pretty much, he is getting more confident as the games go on. Just needs to get use to the league tbh.

Marc Overmars
12-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Keep those crosses coming in.

Ollie the Optimist
12-11-2012, 06:59 PM
He's been fantastic recently.

as anyone who watches are games would agree.

unless you are a wum, in which case he is a bottler

GP
12-11-2012, 07:01 PM
as anyone who watches are games would agree.

unless you are a wum, in which case he is a bottler

What has he supposedly bottled?

Ollie the Optimist
12-11-2012, 07:05 PM
What has he supposedly bottled?

teh fact he didnt take the penalty when he wasnt the assigned penalty taker

GP
12-11-2012, 07:06 PM
teh fact he didnt take the penalty when he wasnt the assigned penalty taker

:haha: Seriously?

Whoever's using that weak-ass argument is really clutching at straws.

Ollie the Optimist
12-11-2012, 07:08 PM

its zimm. there were several problems on saturday, a striker who played well and scored 2 goals and didnt take the penalty because somoene else has that job, is not one of thsoe problems

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2012, 07:12 PM

Pretty much, apprently he was a bottler, cause any top striker would have insisted he take it to get his hatrick.

GP
12-11-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm not going to comment on it any further, because it's ridiculous, but Giroud was a beast on Saturday.

Niall_Quinn
12-11-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm not going to comment on it any further, because it's ridiculous, but Giroud was a beast on Saturday.

racist!

GP
12-11-2012, 07:54 PM
racist!

Shut your honkey bitch ass mouth.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Reported :ninja:

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Olivier Giroud was decried as a flop before he had even got going at Arsenal. Now those too willing to write him off too early don't look too clever.

Regular readers of this website will know I write pretty regularly, each day in fact, but one thing I am proud I didn't do, is write Olivier Giroud off. (If you can prove otherwise please try to do so).

And I'm glad I didn't, for he is coming good as I suspected he always would. It's always dangerous to write a player off early into their career, for recent history is littered with such examples of players becoming heroes after slow starts.Both Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry took their time finding the net for Arsenal, and Olivier Giroud was no different. I'm sure if Giroud can go onto have even half the success of either of those two Gunners legends, fans will be more than pleased.

Here is a look at Giroud's stats so far this season:

The Arsenal striker has 7 assists and 7 goals in 19 games so far; which we can break down even further.

Premier League - Appearances 12, Goals, 4, Assists 2.

Champions League - Appearances 5, Goals 1, Assists 4.

Capital One Cup - Appearances 2, Goals 2, Assists 1.

To add to the above to make it more impressive, 7 of the 19 games he started on the bench, making it 7 goals and 7 assists in 12 starts.

He is in fine form too, scoring four in his last four games, providing two assists in there too. Clearly he is proving he is no flop.

There were several who did write him off, including those who did so before he had even kicked a ball for the club.

Here are a few Tweets from Arsenal fan Piers Morgan:

"Podolski & Giroud are NOT adequate replacements for @Persie_official - this is another catastrophe." "Why would @Persie_Official see the signing of Giroud, who can't even make a weak French team, as 'progress" " Not convinced by Giroud. At all. Got 'The new Chamakh' written all over him. #Arsenal"

But he wasn't the only one; the tabloids were quick to write him off too - with the Star's article "Arsenal flop OIivier pleads for more time." one example.

Whereas this article claimed, prematurely, Giroud was a contender for 'Flop of the Season'.

It's safe to say Giroud has silenced his critics over the past few weeks, with this excellent Guardian article outlining just how Giroud has become 'indispensable to Arsenal's attack'.

Which is exactly right, Giroud has become a key player, and Arsenal are, and here is perhaps a controversial statement, performing better as a whole than they did with van Persie in the team. The attacking unit is more rounded, and goals are flying in from all over the place.

The Frenchman is still learning, at Old Trafford against United he was pretty ineffective, but that's football, players have good and bad games - Even the aforementioned Van Persie had an equally unimpressive performance for United against Norwich last weekend.

Giroud's performances have perhaps been Arsenal's biggest plus along with Jack Wilshere's return over the last month, and we wouldn't be surprised if he were to win the Premier League Player of the Month Award for November. (You heard it here first).

A quick comparison to Wayne Rooney shows that Giroud has scored four more goals this season than the United man. But perhaps the best thing about Giroud is his interplay, quick adaptation to his teammates in providing assists.

Even when struggling for goals initially, he was laying on chances and setting goals up for his teammates, and the future certainly bodes well for club and player. The 'perhaps not' in our headline is tongue in cheek, for it should read definitely not.

In fact we are declaring that from this point forth, the only F word used in conjunction with Giroud's name is Fantastique...

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/11/22/olivier-giroud-what-a-flop-perhaps-not/

GP
23-11-2012, 05:07 PM
He has been a fantastic signing.

Kano
23-11-2012, 10:52 PM
he seems to have found his feet now. i'm still a little worried about another chamakh happening but he has more to his game - the second half of the season will show us if he is the guy to really nail down that striker spot as his own.

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Let's wait until the Chamakh window has expired, then we'll know. But the signs are good. He's a really limited player but he does the grunt stuff very well and we've been lacking a player like that since all our good players got flogged by that ****ish maggot fuck bastard board of ours.

Syn
23-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Oh what a footballer. The things he does. The things he thinks he can do. The things he doesn't want to do. There is little doubt he is going to be remembered for a very long time.

Niall_Quinn
24-11-2012, 12:05 AM
I would.

GP
24-11-2012, 12:14 AM
That's because you're a homo bum slut

Niall_Quinn
24-11-2012, 12:56 AM

Never thought of it that way. Damn!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 09:36 AM

bomo's :bow:

milla
24-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Let's wait until the Chamakh window has expired, then we'll know. But the signs are good. He's a really limited player but he does the grunt stuff very well and we've been lacking a player like that since all our good players got flogged by that ****ish maggot fuck bastard board of ours.

He is a Dids and GW loves Dids. :coffee:

dazthegooner
24-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Think He's a French Alan Smith.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Olivier Giroud says the continued support of the Arsenal fans has helped him to settle at the Club.

The France international joined from Montpellier in the summer, and has already scored seven times in his debut season.

Giroud says is happy with the way he has adapted to English football, and believes the Club’s supporters have played a large role in that.

“I’m a striker and a striker needs to have a good atmosphere,” Giroud told Arsenal Player.

“You have to keep confident. The atmosphere around you and the support of fans, it makes me feel better and better. I feel very emotive and proud to play for Arsenal.

“When I heard the fans’ song [for me]... when I came here for the first time, I heard this song and it made me want to die on the pitch for the fans.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/giroud-the-fans-have-been-brilliant-to-me

McNamara That Ghost...
06-12-2012, 01:43 PM
I know how he feels, I'd want to die on the pitch too if I had Hey Jude sung at me.

GP
06-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Na, na na na-na-na na!
Na na-na-na!
Mac-cy! :scarf:

LDG
06-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Na, na na na-na-na na!
Na na-na-na!
Mac-cy! :scarf:

KC and the Sunshine Band :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
06-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Arsenal new boy Olivier Giroud may not be firing on all cylinders in front of goal just yet, but he’s certainly proving to be a great provider in the Champions League, as the final group stage stat chart shows.

The £12million striker has just eight goals in 22 appearances for the Gunners in all competitions this season, but managed to create more goals for his team-mates in Europe’s top tournament than any other player from an English club.

Giroud, with four assists, is only second in the charts to Paris Saint Germain star Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who went one better with five.

Chelsea’s Oscar is also a notable name on the stat sheet, with his five goals shooting him to joint second in the scoring table.

The Brazilian shares his spot with Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and Braga midfielder Alan, while Cristiano Ronaldo and Galatasaray frontman Burak Yılmaz lead the way on six goals each.Manchester City’s Edin Dzeko was caught offside 12 times – more than any other player, and Liverpool and Manchester United target Christian Eriksen covered the biggest distance in the competition for his side Ajax (78186m).

World player of the year contender Ronaldo fired the most shots on target during the group stages – 27 in total, with Chelsea’s Fernando Torres surprisingly making the list – coming fourth with 14 efforts that tested the keeper.

Ibrahimovic has been the wildest shooter so far, with 12 of his attempts going wayward.

Unsurprisingly, Barcelona playmaker Xavi completed the most passes (719) with a 92% accuracy, with Vincent Kompany of City (388) and Arsenal’s Mikel Arteta (366) being the Premier League’s highest ranking representatives.

Chelsea defender David Luiz was the nastiest player from an English club, making 17 fouls, while Arsenal target Dieudonne Mbokani of Anderlecht was the trickiest to stop, and drew 23 fouls.

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/06/arsenals-olivier-giroud-ranked-as-premier-leagues-top-provider-in-champions-league-3304162/

Giroud :bow:

GP
06-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Great player.

Özim
06-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Chim-Chiminey Chim-Chiminey Chim-Chim-Giroud

Joker
06-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Not completely convinced by him but tbf the service up to him in the last month and a half has been abysmal. Without creativity in midfield a striker like him is going to struggle to make much of an impression, as he can't conjure something out of nothing unlike the really world class forwards.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Stats :bow:

Cripps_orig
06-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Been average. His lack of movement is a real concern and his finisihing is a bit shit. But he is the cause of an awesome song from the fans so Must Keep.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Olivier Giroud believes Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger must continue to stick to his philosophy of building a successful side over time rather than splash huge amounts of cash on star buys.

The Gunners have made their worst start to a Premier League season for 18 years having won just five of their opening 15 games.

However, the France international striker - who has scored seven goals in 22 games since his £12million move from Montpellier - uses his own story as a perfect example of why it is important for Arsenal to create their own identity.

Giroud insists it is possible to win titles without taking the chequebook out and claims it takes time to build a winning team.He told L'Equipe: "My story proves that you can win titles without being a star. Manchester City became champions thanks to their chequebook. Montpellier took on PSG without using their chequebook. Here we bought Santi Cazorla and he did not cost 50 million! Arsene Wenger does not buy a team. He builds one. He built his group with this philosophy.

"Even though it's been seven years since the club won anything, they have a strong identity. Even if the club lose some of their best players every two or three years, they do not deviate from this philosophy."

The 26-year-old is the 23rd Frenchman to play during Wenger's reign and he says it is up to the new crop to make sure the past is forgotten at the Emirates.

He said: "It is up to the new boys to make sure the others are forgotten. We need to be more efficient in all areas of the pitch - to be more realistic and to offer more variety.

"When you're attacking, you hope for more crosses. It is not spontaneous enough when we are in positions to cross. I have talked with my team-mates about this.

"Arsenal has the culture of the passing game, perhaps too much. I am not staking a claim to be the coach, but I am fortunate to be at a club where we can talk about such things."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8317516/Arsenal-striker-Olivier-Giroud-praises-Arsene-Wenger-for-sticking-to-his-philosophy

Giroud :bow:

LDG
10-12-2012, 11:47 AM
I do like this fella, I must admit.

Homo.

selassie
10-12-2012, 12:03 PM
I like him too...I do think he relys on good service though. This boy would've scored bucketloads in the 07/08 team that had Cesc, Hleb, Rosicky (in his prime) etc.

He's an above average player...but his flaws are being exposed because he's surrounded by many players of a similar standard who are also having their flaws exposed.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 12:10 PM
I like him too...I do think he relys on good service though. This boy would've scored bucketloads in the 07/08 team that had Cesc, Hleb, Rosicky (in his prime) etc.

He's an above average player...but his flaws are being exposed because he's surrounded by many players of a similar standard who are also having their flaws exposed.

Yeah, we seem to do better when he plays and with those players he'd be much better. Only have to look at him from last season.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 04:30 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/ashyashy/bolita2/article-2250389-16935FF4000005DC-49.jpg

LDG
20-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Damn!

GP
20-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Nice suit and car.

Kano
20-12-2012, 06:31 PM
i would.

Master Splinter
20-12-2012, 06:38 PM
I would.

Open that gate.

Syn
20-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I hate footballers. Fucking idiots. What the fuck's up with his shirt? And a white car? Fuck off back to Montpellier you dickhead.

GP
20-12-2012, 07:20 PM
White cars are cool. All my cars are white.

Özim
20-12-2012, 07:26 PM
White :lol:

Awful colour

Cripps_orig
20-12-2012, 08:43 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/ashyashy/bolita2/article-2250389-16935FF4000005DC-49.jpg

Hes a bit of an ugly fuck isnt he?

Cripps_orig
06-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, 26, says he has had a better all-round first season in England than Thierry Henry and Didier Drogba. The Gunners forward has been criticised despite only scoring 17 times in all competitions since joining the club last summer from Montpellier.
Full story: the Times (subscription required)

:haha:

A major reason why we need a striker this summer

Niall_Quinn
06-05-2013, 11:33 PM
He hasn't been criticised for "only" scoring 17 times, he's been criticised because he's an immobile, snail paced lump.

Power n Glory
07-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Henry scored 26 goals in his first season. Talking such shit and getting his facts wrong won't help the criticism. Drogba also played less games.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-striker-olivier-giroud-claims-1872734

But Giroud, who also has 11 assists, claimed: “I replaced Van Persie and when you arrive at a big club like that, they are very demanding towards you. The criticism has not always been deserved, but they push you on. Seventeen goals and 11 assists - that is better than Henry and Drogba in their first seasons. This is the quality I have. I have got better with this team and this staff - it is another level. And I want to continue to improve.”

Marc Overmars
07-05-2013, 09:41 AM
I suppose the Drogba comparison is valid as he came to the league at a similar age, however while he wasn't always prolific (only managed 30+ in 2 seasons, otherwise averaged less than 20 goals) he was a tank who almost always delivered when Chelsea needed him most.

Munchies
07-05-2013, 11:15 AM
We need to replace him , or keep him as a squad player, he needs 10 good chances before scoring one goal.

selassie
07-05-2013, 12:13 PM
He hasn't been criticised for "only" scoring 17 times, he's been criticised because he's an immobile, snail paced lump.

Yep, for what it's worth I don't think he's a bad player, just not good enough as a starting striker for a club chasing honours, let alone top 4 club.

He would make a nice Plan B/Sub, but that's about as far as it goes for me.

Power n Glory
07-05-2013, 12:50 PM
We can only hope that he gets better because Wenger won't be shifting him anywhere. He has the potential to be better than what he is now. He usually works hard but we'll need more from him next season.

IBK
07-05-2013, 01:21 PM
I think there are a few issues here. For a start, Giroud did not 'replace' Van Persie. Arsenal's problem is that we didn't replace him. Instead Wenger indulged his fetish for MF's (and here I include Podolski who drops deeper into MF rather than being a front man) - looking for Podolski and Carzola to make up RVP's goals.

To this extent, on goals scored, the exercise has worked. But the facts are, firstly that even with RVP we were a striker short - and therefore then, like now, we were supremely vulnerable to injury or loss of form. Secondly, none of the 3 'replacements' has the genius that RVP had to unlock defences - and therefore we have to look past mere goals scored. Patently, some of the points we have dropped are because Giroud, and the players at the base of the triangle behind him lack the ability to create goals out of nothing on their own.

Sperz have a similar problem with being short striker-wise (even though on paper they still have one more than us). The difference is that they have Bale. We don't have an equivalent. Its when you look at Manure (4 first team strikers including RVP), and Citeh (3 top class strikers (and arguably they have suffered from being a striker short) - it beggars belief that we only have one to call on.

2 further problems have let to the Giroud situation. The first is Wenger's obsession with trying to create top class players rather than buying them. The second is our system - again seemingly due to Wengers midfielder fetish -that dispenses with wingers - and thus pretty much denies us any hope of ever scoring from crosses. I guarantee that had Giroud been front man for Manure he would be being celebrated as one of the leagues big successes of this season.

So no, Giroud - in our system and with our personnel - is not a true 'go to' man. But in terms of blame allocation for this I find it hard to look past Wenger.

Power n Glory
07-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Giroud and Pod were RVP's replacements believe it or not.

IBK
07-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Giroud and Pod were RVP's replacements believe it or not.

They might have been in Wenger's mind. To an objective observer, they were clearly not!

Cripps_orig
07-05-2013, 06:25 PM
He believes he was

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3958282

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Giroud replacing RvP? Is this a language thing? Surely he knows how ridiculous this sounds?

GP
22-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Scores when he wants.

Marc Overmars
22-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Found his level.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-07-2013, 07:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPwquL6CQAAL0lh.png

Stats. :haha:

Cripps_orig
22-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I have no recollection of this RVP

GP
22-07-2013, 07:28 PM
http://static.squarespace.com/static/51842914e4b0c64b30fc2a95/t/51ed320de4b087da03520ab1/1374499342436/Olivier%20Giroud%2001.jpg?format=750w

Özil's Panoramic View
22-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Fittingly statuesque pose....

Cripps_orig
22-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Fittingly statuesque pose....

Showed more movement in that picture than he has on the pitch in real life

Özil's Panoramic View
22-07-2013, 07:33 PM

Picture didn't seem to lack a bit of sharpness either.

Özim
22-07-2013, 08:12 PM

Master Splinter
28-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Just because it's something that can go unnoticed, I'd like to highlight how effective Giroud is defensively. He's superb at defending corners and free-kicks, much like Dids and RVC are. When we're under pressure like at the end of the Spurs game and today, he's always back to help out and I recall him being the last man when one Spurs attack was cleared off the line!

His hassling from the front is more noticeable now too and he makes sure his physicality is felt by the defenders, which he didn't always do last season.

His attacking contribution was excellent again too. Bringing the midfielders into play whenever he could with strong hold-up play and lovely little passes. He of course had a major part in both goals as well.

Hasn't scored for a few games, but his performances have been exemplary.

Bif :bow:. What a man.