PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal Players On Internationals

Pages : 1 [2]

Cripps_orig
28-09-2012, 06:50 PM
ROY HODGSON is planing a shock England call-up for Carl Jenkinson.

The right-back has been arguably Arsenal’s most improved player this season and caught England coach Hodgson’s eye.

With Bacary Sagna out injured, Jenkinson had played every minute for the Gunners this season before Wednesday’s League Cup tie against Coventry.

The 20-year-old has been part of an impressive defence that has conceded only two Premier League goals this season.

Hodgson names his squad for the World Cup qualifying double header against San Marino and Poland next week.

Glen Johnson and Kyle Walker are his first-choice right-back options. But Johnson is suspended for the San Marino clash.

Jenkinson’s chances of a call-up have increased after their back-up, Liverpool defender Martin Kelly, suffered a season-ending knee injury at the weekend.

Finland are also desperate to call up Jenkinson and their strong interest could force Hodgson to make his move and claim him now.

He is eligible for Finland through his mother and has played for them at under-21 and under-19 level as well as England’s under-17s.

Jenkinson, who joined Arsenal for £1m from Charlton last summer, has already turned down a senior Finland call-up.

But after his eye-catching start to the season the Finns are expected to again press Jenkinson to make a decision on his international future.

An appearance in a competitive match for Finland would make Jenkinson ineligible for England. Shortly after signing Jenkinson,

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger predicted England would come calling.

He said: “I believe Jenkinson will have an impact here and you will fight for him not to play for Finland.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/274354/Roy-Hodgson-ready-to-call-up-Arsenal-kid-Carl-Jenkinson-for-England/

Jenks :bow:

Master Splinter
28-09-2012, 09:29 PM
GHELkers :bow:.

Hope he plays for Finland.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-09-2012, 09:45 PM
cafu :bow:

english brazilian :bow:

Cripps_orig
04-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Chris Coleman is set to relieve 21-year-old Aaron Ramsey of the Welsh captaincy in favour of Ashley Williams, 28, as he looks to impose his authority on the squad.
Full story: Wales Online

Ramsey scoring last night has killed his Welsh career

Cripps_orig
13-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
England 5-0 San Marino
Friday, October 12
Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain scored his first England goal in their 5-0 win over San Marino. Theo Walcott also started, but was substituted just 10 minutes in after picking up an injury.

Lukas Podolski, Per Mertesacker
Ireland 1-6 Germany
Friday, October 12
Per Mertesacker played the full 90 minutes as Germany hammered Ireland in Dublin. Lukas Podolski was a second-half substitute, replacing Marco Reus in the 66th minute.

Santi Cazorla
Belarus 0-4 Spain
Friday, October 12
Santi Cazorla started as World Cup holders Spain cruised to a comfortable victory over Belarus in Minsk.

Thomas Vermaelen
Serbia 0-3 Belgium
Friday, October 12
Thomas Vermaelen helped Belgium to keep a clean sheet in their impressive victory away to Serbia. The Arsenal skipper played the whole game.

Olivier Giroud, Laurent Koscielny
France 0-1 Japan
Friday, October 12
Olivier Giroud and Laurent Koscielny both played 90 minutes as France slipped to defeat in their friendly against Japan.

Johan Djourou
Switzerland 1-1 Norway
Friday, October 12
Johan Djourou started as Switzerland drew at home to Norway. Fulham defender Brede Hangeland equalised late on for the visitors.

Aaron Ramsey
Wales 2-1 Scotland
Friday, October 12
Aaron Ramsey started for Wales as they came from behind to beat Scotland. Ramsey lasted 90 minutes and was booked after an hour.

Cripps_orig
16-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Giroud scored v Spain

Mert scored v Sweden

Mr. Lahey
16-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Giroud's movement is quite good, he is a very intelligent player. The way he pulled off of his marker to anticipate Ribery's cross was brilliant. He is beginning to prove the haters wrong and is looking like a very good signing.

Cripps_orig
16-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Cos he scored for France?

Hes been average to shit for us, movement or otherwise

Mr. Lahey
16-10-2012, 11:11 PM
I dont base everything by the stat sheet as opposed to you. His overall play has been very good, he always gets involved and makes it difficult for defenders. In the past few games for us he has been pretty good. You can see he is getting more confident by the game. He scored that clutch goal tonight and proved last year for Montpellier that he can score some big goals. He needs a run of games to get going, you can see that the balance and team play improves when he is in the team. Ill concede that he needs to score goals, im confident that he will get rolling if he gets a run of games under his belt. You should have some more faith rather than being a prick sometimes bud.

Japan Shaking All Over
17-10-2012, 03:04 AM
I think Girourd has started to look more confident recently then in the beginning. . .at the start is board language looked very non-plussed.

Giroud can change. . . .Cripps on the other hand :shrug:

Maestro
17-10-2012, 04:07 AM
I think Girourd has started to look more confident recently then in the beginning. . .at the start is board language looked very non-plussed.

Giroud can change. . . .Cripps on the other hand :shrug:

:d

good morning JSAO ....how is the rising sun?

Cripps_orig
17-10-2012, 01:18 PM
I dont base everything by the stat sheet as opposed to you. His overall play has been very good, he always gets involved and makes it difficult for defenders. In the past few games for us he has been pretty good. You can see he is getting more confident by the game. He scored that clutch goal tonight and proved last year for Montpellier that he can score some big goals. He needs a run of games to get going, you can see that the balance and team play improves when he is in the team. Ill concede that he needs to score goals, im confident that he will get rolling if he gets a run of games under his belt. You should have some more faith rather than being a prick sometimes bud.
Just saying what i see

Hes been average and not the best player of all time as you would like to believe cos hes scored in a game which has f all to do with Arsenal

I have faith he might come good. You apparently think he already has. You have low expectations

Cripps_orig
17-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Olivier Giroud, Laurent Koscielny
Spain 1-1 France, October 16
France 0-1 Japan, October 12
Olivier Giroud's last-gasp equaliser earned France a point in Spain. Giroud came on in the 88th minute before clinically heading home a cross from Franck Ribery in the dying stages. Centre back Laurent Koscielny played 90 minutes. The pair had also featured in Friday's disappointing loss to Japan in Paris.

Lukas Podolski, Per Mertesacker
Germany 4-4 Sweden, October 16
Ireland 1-6 Germany, October 12
Per Mertesacker scored as Germany relinquished a 4-0 lead to draw with Sweden in Berlin. Mertesacker made it 3-0 before the break, volleying in Thomas Muller's cross. Lukas Podolski replaced Marco Reus in the 88th minute. Both had featured in the emphatic 6-1 win against Ireland on Friday night. Mertesacker played the full 90 minutes while Podolski was brought on midway through the second half.

Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Poland v England, October 17
England 5-0 San Marino, October 12
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain remains in the England squad for their World Cup qualifier against Poland in Warsaw. The game will now take place on Wednesday, after heavy rain forced a postponement on Tuesday night. The Arsenal youngster scored his first international goal on Friday as Roy Hodgson's side beat San Marino 5-0. Theo Walcott picked up an injury in that game and will not play in Poland.

Santi Cazorla
Spain 1-1 France, October 16
Belarus 0-4 Spain, October 12
Santi Cazorla replaced David Silva in the 13th minute of Spain's draw against France. The creative midfielder started on Friday as the World Cup holders cruised to a comfortable victory over Belarus in Minsk.

Thomas Vermaelen
Belgium 2-0 Scotland, October 16
Serbia 0-3 Belgium, October 12
Thomas Vermaelen started as Belgium beat Scotland in Brussels on Tuesday. The Arsenal skipper also played 90 minutes as Marc Wilmots' side won impressively against Serbia on Friday night.

Johan Djourou
Iceland 0-2 Switzerland, October 16
Switzerland 1-1 Norway, October 12
Johan Djourou was part of the Switzerland defence that kept a clean sheet in their 2-0 win over Iceland. Djourou also started on Friday night as Ottmar Hitzfeld's side were held at home by Norway.

Aaron Ramsey
Croatia 2-0 Wales, October 16
Wales 2-1 Scotland, October 12
Aaron Ramsey was suspended for Wales' defeat in Croatia. The midfielder picked up his second booking of the qualifying campaign as Chris Coleman's side came from behind to beat Scotland on Friday.

Gervinho
Senegal 0-2 Ivory Coast (abandoned after 76 minutes), October 13
Gervinho started Ivory Coast's abandoned African Cup of Nations qualifier against Senegal. Two Didier Drogba strikes had given the Elephants a 6-2 aggregate lead before crowd trouble led to the game being abandoned after 76 minutes.

Nicklas Bendtner
Italy 3-1 Denmark, October 16
Bulgaria 1-1 Denmark, October 12
Nicklas Bendtner was booked as Denmark lost to Italy in Milan. The striker had scored in Friday's draw with Bulgaria, equalising after Dimitar Rangelov had given the hosts the lead.

Joel Campbell
Costa Rica 7-0 Guyana, October 17
El Salvador 0-1 Costa Rica, October 13
Joel Campbell came on in the 69th minute as Costa Rica thrashed Guyana in San Jose. The 20-year-old was an unused substitute in Saturay's win over El Salvador.

Ryo
Japan 0-4 Brazil, October 16
Ryo was a late substitute in Japan's heavy defeat to Brazil. The winger replaced Hiroshi Kiyotake in the 90th minute.

Ju Young Park
Iran 1-0 South Korea, October 16
Ju Young Park played the full 90 minutes of South Korea’s defeat to Iran. The striker was booked in stoppage time.

Mert :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
17-10-2012, 02:30 PM

I agree, his performances are definitely improving and he is doing this in spite of the personal pressure he is under. If he continues in this and acclimatises to the game, we will be a better team with him in it.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Olivier's xmas twist
17-10-2012, 02:48 PM

:lol:

But for real, remember who your replying to. This is the guy who thought Chamakh was world class before we bought him.

Cripps_orig
17-10-2012, 02:49 PM

But for real, remember who your replying to. This is the guy who thought Chamakh was world class before we bought him.

Making things up :haha:

Mr. Lahey
17-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Ach if you actually read what i wrote, I said he is BEGINNING to prove his doubters wrong. I have in no way insinuated that he has made it at Arsenal, so knock that BS off please. He does have lots of work to do which I conceded, but things are not as cut and dry as you see it. Im glad you admitted he may come good and as an Arsenal fan thats the way it should be.

Mr. Lahey
17-10-2012, 08:29 PM
I agree, his performances are definitely improving and he is doing this in spite of the personal pressure he is under. If he continues in this and acclimatises to the game, we will be a better team with him in it.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Agreed 100% - now all we need is for the NHLPA to accept the owners offer and we are back in business!!:good:

Mr. Lahey
17-10-2012, 08:32 PM

:lol: and he got off to a flying start with us. but I actually agree with Ach quite a bit, just not in this case.

Cripps_orig
17-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Ach if you actually read what i wrote, I said he is BEGINNING to prove his doubters wrong. I have in no way insinuated that he has made it at Arsenal, so knock that BS off please. He does have lots of work to do which I conceded, but things are not as cut and dry as you see it. Im glad you admitted he may come good and as an Arsenal fan thats the way it should be.

I probably got it from the same place where you got the "me getting everything from the stat sheet"

That was as much BS as what i said

Mr. Lahey
17-10-2012, 08:36 PM
^^^ fair enough!

Xhaka Can’t
17-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Agreed 100% - now all we need is for the NHLPA to accept the owners offer and we are back in business!!:good:

Fehr does not sound keen - but he is hardly going to do cartwheels ahead of tomorrow's negotiations.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Thought id bump this up, don't know who has been called up.

Cripps_orig
26-12-2012, 01:45 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2886/africa/2012/12/26/3628727/qpr-midfielder-adel-taarabt-arsenal-striker-marouane-chamakh

Looks like we can rule out getting a striker next month

Özim
26-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Yeah no surprise there, like I said 3 wins and all is good now, Wenger will be happy with everything. Looks like a very quiet transfer window again.

Cripps_orig
27-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Gervinho has 2 goals in the ACON

McNamara That Ghost...
03-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Gervinho is coming home!

:scarf:

:haha:

Marc Overmars
03-02-2013, 05:00 PM
:rose:

Özil's Panoramic View
03-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Will be like a new signing.

One of exceptional quality.

LDG
03-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Shit.

Grebbo
03-02-2013, 07:32 PM

milla
03-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Gervinho is coming home!

:scarf:

4th place trophy is pretty much secure now. :coffee:

-Xs-
05-02-2013, 02:10 AM

For the scum?

:run:

fakeyank
05-02-2013, 04:17 AM

For the first time in history, one player coming back to play for us is literally like an additional signing for the rest of the premier league!

On a more serious note, I really rate this guy. I think if he is kicked up his arse to cross and be more serious about his football, he'd be a really good football player. Need a Tony Adams to beat the shit outta him or a manager like SAF.

Cripps_orig
22-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Ox, Giroud and Ramsey all scored

Cripps_orig
22-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Ramsey sent off

This guy is awful

Özil's Panoramic View
22-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Heard Vermaelen also added his name to the list.

Cripps_orig
22-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Nah. He played and got booked but goals. Did get a clean sheet though

Kos :wave:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-03-2013, 11:24 PM
:lol: san marino.

awful san andreas.

Cripps_orig
27-03-2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/130327/video-arsenals-monreal-assists-deciding-goal-spain-against-france-194474

Monreal assist

Apparently he had an excellent game. Hope this boosts his confidence as he's been a bit shit for us

Cripps_orig
04-04-2013, 11:39 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3877927

Santos back in the Brazil squad.

Good to see him back n form

Cripps_orig
29-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Podolski scores for Germany against Ecuador.

Cripps_orig
29-05-2013, 06:56 PM
And again.

Özil's Panoramic View
29-05-2013, 07:00 PM
And again.

Bierhoff. :pal:

Cripps_orig
29-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Pretty much

Cripps_orig
02-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Ox came on and changed the game v Brazil.

Scored a cracker.

Theo also started and was our best attacking threat in the first half

Power n Glory
02-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Theo wasn't good today. Saw a lot of the ball but too many bad touches, passes and dribble attempts. Lost the ball a lot. I still maintain that he shouldn't play on the right wing.

Cripps_orig
02-06-2013, 09:33 PM
He was shit 2nd half but as long as he performs for us which he does for the most part then it's all ok

Power n Glory
02-06-2013, 09:37 PM
He's just never going to develop as a winger. His dribbling is too erratic and he has no idea how to consistently beat his man. He needs to really work on that side of his game.

Cripps_orig
08-06-2013, 02:10 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/48306/international-watch-gunners-on-duty

Vermaelen injured

Penguin
08-06-2013, 04:13 PM
He's just never going to develop as a winger. His dribbling is too erratic and he has no idea how to consistently beat his man. He needs to really work on that side of his game.

his decision making isn't the greatest either. He holds onto the ball for too long when there's a good simple passing option and chooses the wrong option far too much.

Cripps_orig
08-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Cazorla scored the first for Spain in a 2-1 win v Haiti.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Cazorla started and was hauled off v Tahiti

Only attacking player who started for Spain that didn't score.

He was poor

Cripps_orig
12-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Ramsey out of the Wales squad with an ankle injury

Cripps_orig
14-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Theo and Cazorla have both scored tonight.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-08-2013, 10:44 PM
sagna injured apparently

we have no cover for cb's :haha:

just fuck off you prick.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2013, 12:27 AM
sagna injured apparently

we have no cover for cb's :haha:

just fuck off you prick.

I hope the mods can see the way to talk to cripps.

Seaman's Ponytail
15-08-2013, 01:23 AM
sagna injured apparently

What's your source on this? Nothing mentioned in match report and he played the full 90. On another note check out Ches getting beaten by a 35 yard free-kick from Ericksen (who we should sign)

http://www.matchhighlight.com/latest-goals/friendly/poland-3-2-denmark/

Cripps_orig
15-08-2013, 02:45 AM
Eriksen has said he wants to go to a club with a chance of domestic and European success.

We have neither.

He's also said he wants to go to a club who are in the CL group stages already. We aren't.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2013, 03:44 AM
http://youtu.be/2gobYGeyqyw

Cazorlas goal

Ralpheroo72
15-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Arseblog has a story about Sangna being injured. Done his ankle apparently, and was limping.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
England 3-2 Scotland, Wednesday, August 14
Theo Walcott was on target as England defeated Scotland in an entertaining friendly at Wembley. The forward levelled the scores on the half-hour, cutting inside and tucking a shot past Allan McGregor. Jack Wilshere also started while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was a second-half substitute. Southampton striker Rickie Lambert headed home the winner on his debut with 20 minutes to play.

Santi Cazorla
Ecuador 0-2 Spain, August 14
Santi Cazorla scored as Spain beat Ecuador in Guayaquil. The playmaker started in midfield and netted just after the hour following good work by Cristian Tello. Cazorla was replaced by Koke after 78 minutes.

Per Mertesacker, Lukas Podolski
Germany 3-3 Paraguay, August 14
Per Mertesacker started and played the first half as Germany twice came from behind to draw against Paraguay in Kaiserslautern. Lukas Podolski also featured, replacing Marco Reus just after the hour.

Wojciech Szczesny
Poland 3-2 Denmark, August 14
Wojciech Szczesny played 45 minutes of Poland's win against Denmark in Gdansk. He was replaced by Artur Boruc at half-time as the hosts overturned a 2-1 deficit to eventually win 3-2.

Bacary Sagna, Laurent Koscielny, Olivier Giroud
Belgium 0-0 France, August 14
Bacary Sagna and Laurent Koscielny were part of the defence that kept a clean sheet in France's draw against Belgium in Brussels. Both completed 90 minutes of action while Olivier Giroud also featured, replacing Karim Benzema with a quarter of an hour to play.

Didn't we use to have a lot more international players?

Cripps_orig
06-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Rosicky started for Czech Republic.

Cripps_orig
06-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Rosicky and Ramsey have both scored for their respective countries.

JonasTC
06-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Our germans are doing awesome :bow:

Özil should've had an assist, but Reus decided to fuck it up.

(Halftime)

The Emirates Gallactico
06-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Kos, Giroud and Sagna playing for France atm. 0 - 0, struggling to get past them.

JonasTC
06-09-2013, 08:06 PM
All our frenchmen missed some huge headers :s

Cripps_orig
08-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Aaron Ramsey
Macedonia 2-1 Wales, September 6
In-form midfielder Aaron Ramsey continued his fine goalscoring form but his goal from the penalty spot was not enough to prevent Wales from slipping to their fifth defeat in qualifying, away to Macedonia.

Tomas Rosicky
Czech Republic 1-2 Armenia, September 6
Czech captain Tomas Rosicky was on also the scoresheet as Czech Republic were beaten at home by Armenia. The midfielder equalised Karlen Mkrtchyan's first-half opener with 20 minutes to play but Gevorg Ghazaryan struck in stoppage time to secure victory for the visitors.

Per Mertesacker, Mesut Ozil
Germany 3-0 Austria, September 6
Per Mertesacker and Mesut Ozil completed 90 minutes of action as Germany took another step towards qualifying for the World Cup with a 3-0 victory over Austria in Munich. Miroslav Klose opened the scoring with his 68th international goal just after the half-hour, before Bayern Munich pair Toni Kroos and Thomas Muller completed the scoring after the break.

Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere
England 4-0 Moldova, September 6
Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere both started in England's comprehensive 4-0 win over Moldova at Wembley on Friday. Wilshere was replaced after an hour and Walcott completed 90 minutes as goals from Steven Gerrard, Rickie Lambert and a Danny Welbeck brace saw England go top of Group H.

Bacary Sagna, Laurent Koscielny, Olivier Giroud
Georgia 0-0 France, September 6
Bacary Sagna, Laurent Koscielny and Olivier Giroud all completed 90 minutes for France on a frustrating night for Didier Deschamps' side in Georgia. France remain second in Group I, three points behind leaders Spain.

Santi Cazorla, Nacho Monreal
Finland 0-2 Spain, September 6
Santi Cazorla played the final 10 minutes of Spain's 2-0 victory in Finland. Nacho Monreal was an unused sub as goals from Jordi Alba and Alvaro Negredo put the world champions in charge of Group I.

Yaya Sanogo
France Under-21s 5-0 Kazakhstan Under-21s
Yaya Sanogo played 67 minutes as France Under-21s comprehensively beat Kazakhstan Under-21s 5-0 in their European Championship qualifying game on Thursday evening.

No injuries yet

JonasTC
10-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Our germans are showing the way :bow:

Nayan
11-09-2013, 12:44 PM
rossiky injured.
sanogo out