PDA

View Full Version : Three left-footed attackers at Arsenal next season ?

Alpha
19-06-2012, 07:51 AM
While most will agree that left-footed players appear to be talented but we can not predict what may happen if three players are lined up in attack if they are all comfortable with the same foot . That is what may happen at the Emirates next season with RVP ( left-footed even though he has shown some improvement with his right foot ) , Podolski , left-footed but very comfortable with his right . The unknown quantity is Olivier Giroud who is left-footed as well but we don't know how he can deal with his right foot .We will surely be curious to see how they play together .Is that another innovation from le Prof ? Only time will tell .

Kano
19-06-2012, 08:26 AM
they will not all start in the same team as each other.

Letters
19-06-2012, 08:34 AM
They're probably all training with their right foot so they can switch like in Rocky II

Wenger :bow:

Boss
19-06-2012, 08:57 AM
If three right footed players can work together, there's no reason three left footed players can't.

/thread

Marc Overmars
19-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Can't see it being much of an issue, besides I doubt they will all start together. Giroud is back-up to RVP, assuming he stays.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-06-2012, 09:16 AM
So it seems IF all three were to take to the pitch at the same time but outweighing the fact that they play with the same foot is that they are three players who are arguably more talented than anything we have been able to put out.

Flavs
19-06-2012, 09:22 AM
What a wierd thread?

Vermaelen, Vela, Wilshere, Santos and Gibbs are all lefties as well, does that matter?

Japan Shaking All Over
19-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Its called splitting hairs

Niall_Quinn
19-06-2012, 09:32 AM
I think it does matter because there's a nasty smell of discrimination against right footers here. They can't help it if they naturally favour their right foot, they were born that way. In this day and age to think that pedism still exists (and at a club like Arsenal) is shocking. A t-shirt and banner campaign is called for, at the very least. Panorama should also be encouraged to monitor things closely in the hope they can scrape up enough dubious material to pad out a stinging and unconvincing documentary.

Flavs
19-06-2012, 09:39 AM
I think that nasty smell is coming from the fact your nose is just above your mouth mate

Japan Shaking All Over
19-06-2012, 09:42 AM
I think it does matter because there's a nasty smell of discrimination against right footers here. They can't help it if they naturally favour their right foot, they were born that way. In this day and age to think that pedism still exists (and at a club like Arsenal) is shocking. A t-shirt and banner campaign is called for, at the very least. Panorama should also be encouraged to monitor things closely in the hope they can scrape up enough dubious material to pad out a stinging and unconvincing documentary.

Lead the way NQ. . .you're about as lefist as there is. . .I sure Joker will jump in and turn it into some citing GWs anti captialist tendencies

Niall_Quinn
19-06-2012, 09:42 AM
I think that nasty smell is coming from the fact your nose is just above your mouth mate

Touched a nerve did I? Pedist.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-06-2012, 09:57 AM

http://youknowyoucare.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/situation2.gif

Alpha
19-06-2012, 10:53 AM
What a wierd thread?

Vermaelen, Vela, Wilshere, Santos and Gibbs are all lefties as well, does that matter?
Flavs , I would have understood your point if you said that once we had Gibbs as a Lb , Vermelen as CB , Wilshere as CB ( I know he is a MD but I put him in defence to form as defence of left-footed ), Santos as a RB instead of Sagna and they coped well . It doesn't matter when players can all use the same foot but at some point they need to be comfortable with the other foot . We have seen plenty of time good players not taking a golden chance of scoring simply because the pass reached their wrong foot and there was nothing they could have done . That is my real issue in this thread .

Marc Overmars
19-06-2012, 11:14 AM
RVP is more than capable with his chocolate leg anyway.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-06-2012, 11:16 AM
We were lefty dominated when we were successful tbf. Or was it righty? Anyway, point is, the issue of having too many of them isn't really important.

Coney
19-06-2012, 11:17 AM
If three right footed players can work together, there's no reason three left footed players can't.

/thread

:gp:

Spot on. No-one bats an eyelid with right-footed players.

Coney
19-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Touched a nerve did I? Pedist.

No children are safe these days.

Özim
19-06-2012, 11:44 AM
they will not all start in the same team as each other.
You're right, I suspect one will start for another team, possibly in another country.

dazthegooner
19-06-2012, 12:32 PM
I remember when we played Winterburn at right back for more or less a whole season while we still had Sansom did pretty well it I recall.