PDA

View Full Version : Whilshere, Chamberlain or Ramsey

Japan Shaking All Over
21-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Quite an interesting article to debate;

http://justarsenal.com/arsenals-attacking-midfielder-next-season-wilshere-chamberlain-or-ramsey/14281

A fit again Jack has the lead, I agree. Question iswhat kind of shape is he going to come back in? Chamberlain is going to get better and diesnt need to go out on loan, Rambo is the weak link based on last season but I wouldnt get rid of him, whether it was expected or he did it himself, there were times he tried to carry the team, something he isnt capable of doing yet. Hopefully with more experience around him to share the load he can relax a bit more and maybe, just maybe he will come good?

(Sorry posting this on my phone, on the tube and couldnt quote/paste the whole article - could someone do that so people dont have to keep clicking on the link?)

Boss
21-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Would like to see Wilshere straight into the team in Ramsey's position so we have Song-Wilshere-Arteta in CM. I'd rather have Chamberlain competing for the front three slots as I think he can offer more there, with Van Persie a definite starter and then Chamberlain/Podolski competing for the left side and Walcott/Gervinho competing for the right. Giroud as backup to RVP.

As for Ramsey, I think he'd really benefit from a short term (6 months or so) loan deal to a lower club with less pressure and where he'd really have to physically battle in midfield, I think he'd come back a much better player as a result of it.

WMUG
21-06-2012, 09:17 AM
I just hope Wilshere's injury hasn't hampered his development too badly. I really do worry that he'll come back a shadow of his former self, as happened to everyone else that's been out for the same length of time; Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey and, to begin with, Rosicky.

:(

Japan Shaking All Over
21-06-2012, 09:28 AM
I just hope Wilshere's injury hasn't hampered his development too badly. I really do worry that he'll come back a shadow of his former self, as happened to everyone else that's been out for the same length of time; Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey and, to begin with, Rosicky.

:(

:console:

-Xs-
21-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Rosicky only proper came back the season just gone though, and he was one of our more consistent performers.

The others all suffered leg breaks, so I think that's why they were gash since returning.

I think he should be fine, the only thing to be concerned with is whether he can string more than a couple of games together without getting crocked again

Cripps_orig
21-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Whilshere :bow:

Power n Glory
21-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Still not sure about Wilshere as our main playmaker. Maybe further up the field he'll be better but he'll have to improve on his assists and shooting. He keeps the ball moving but we haven't seen him pull off enough killer through balls and I'm not if he'll be able to develop that so quickly after coming back from injury.

But he's a better option compared to Ramsey. Wouldn't mind seeing Ox in the middle either. He has the power, shooting and is supposed to be good at passing. Looks very good on the flanks and it's hard to imagine him playing in the centre but that's where Jack started and we looked tremendous on the flanks too. We shall see. But We should be a lot stronger next season if these two can keep Ramsey out of the squad.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Rosicky only proper came back the season just gone though, and he was one of our more consistent performers.

The others all suffered leg breaks, so I think that's why they were gash since returning.

I think he should be fine, the only thing to be concerned with is whether he can string more than a couple of games together without getting crocked again

when you have natural ability like jack has thats quite hard to lose. his style of playing has been the same since the age of 10; his awareness, maturity and general understanding of the game hasnt really changed and for us thats a positive. whilst i dont think he'll come straight back and give us performances like he done against barca, i think he'll be as effective as he was before. i just hope he doesnt turn into another diaby.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Still not sure about Wilshere as our main playmaker. Maybe further up the field he'll be better but he'll have to improve on his assists and shooting. He keeps the ball moving but we haven't seen him pull off enough killer through balls and I'm not if he'll be able to develop that so quickly after coming back from injury.

But he's a better option compared to Ramsey. Wouldn't mind seeing Ox in the middle either. He has the power, shooting and is supposed to be good at passing. Looks very good on the flanks and it's hard to imagine him playing in the centre but that's where Jack started and we looked tremendous on the flanks too. We shall see. But We should be a lot stronger next season if these two can keep Ramsey out of the squad.

jack in the holding midfielder role alongside song like he was against barca, with ox as the AM maybe? i think that would work and quite like the sound of it.

Power n Glory
21-06-2012, 12:16 PM
jack in the holding midfielder role alongside song like he was against barca, with ox as the AM maybe? i think that would work and quite like the sound of it.

That might work but Song will have to be more disciplined with his play. I much preferred when he sat deep and played the anchor role instead of him roaming forwards looking for open spaces to get forward and play the through ball. We'd probably need to sign a proper DM.

fari
26-06-2012, 10:14 PM

where would arteta play then?