PDA

View Full Version : ju young park

WilshereourGHEL
26-06-2012, 09:37 AM
trolling level 1000 by arsenal

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/2011/12-player-review-ju-young-park

Joker
26-06-2012, 09:39 AM
With a year at the Club now under his belt, Ju will have his sights set on making a big impact in his second season.

:lol:

Marc Overmars
26-06-2012, 09:43 AM
:lol:

He will be seen even less next season, if that's even possible.

GP
26-06-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm sure he was excited to see the arrival of Podolski and Giroud.

Further proof, if any were needed, that he wasn't a Wenger signing.

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Feel sorry for the dude

Always was a bit shit but at least he was in the South Korea squad and was captain

Hes not even in that anymore.

Wenger has destroyed him. Why did he buy him? Fuck knows.

server too busy!
26-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Interesting, 4 replies in this thread but apparently 0 views.

Poor Ju, even Goonersweb is fooking with him.

Letters
26-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Interesting, 4 replies in this thread but apparently 0 views.
Upgraded GW :bow:

WilshereourGHEL
26-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Been told he went on holiday with the McCanns and well we know what happens when you do that.

Flavs
27-06-2012, 07:34 AM
trolling level 1000 by arsenal

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/2011/12-player-review-ju-young-park

Wumger :bow:

Cripps_orig
29-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Hes named in the South Korean squad for the Olympics :lol:

From World Cup captain to playing with Pub Teamers in a nothing competition

Wengeritis has claimed another victim :rose:

Cripps_orig
03-07-2012, 12:28 PM
South Korea's Olympic team assembled at the National Football Centre in Paju on Monday for their first training session ahead of the 2012 London games, but star striker Park Chu-Young was absent.

The Arsenal striker was the only member of Korea's 18-man squad for the Olympics who was absent from Monday's session in Gyeonggi Province as the team begins to gear up for the event.

Park's absence is a result of his decision to postpone his compulsory military duty after obtaining a Monaco residency visa, meaning he can only remain in Korea for 60 days per year. The 26-year-old has already spent time in Korea this year following the conclusion of the Premier League season.

The former national team skipper is currently in Japan, where he will train on his own until Saturday when he'll fly to Korea.

The Korean side are due to take on New Zealand in a friendly in Seoul on July 14, before flying out to England a day later.

Park is one of three over-age members in the Korean Olympic squad, along with goalkeeper Jung Sung-Ryong and defender Kim Chang-Soo.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news/2012/07/03/3217122/park-chu-young-absent-from-opening-south-korean-olympic-team

And now hes not allowed in his own country :haha:

Hes had a shocking past year

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-07-2012, 12:46 PM
hopefully giroud was a replacement for chamakh/park and not rvp.

Alpha
03-07-2012, 07:58 PM
hopefully giroud was a replacement for chamakh/park and not rvp.

To be fair , Park hasn't been given a chance to prove himself . So the jury still open here . But Chamakh and Bendtner and ..Eboue .. sorry I meant Denilson can pack their shit and F...ck Off .

Özim
03-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Have to say, when Wenger signed this guy it was a masterstroke, to sign this guy who was gonna have to do military service and barely give him a match when all but one of our strikers was stinking up the joint showed just how astute he still is.

You know how it goes, we make stars we don't buy them.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Have to say, when Wenger signed this guy it was a masterstroke, to sign this guy who was gonna have to do military service and barely give him a match when all but one of our strikers was stinking up the joint showed just how astute he still is.

You know how it goes, we make stars we don't buy them.

Yeah but dont you know, he wasnt a Wenger signing

:haha:

Joker
04-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah but dont you know, he wasnt a Wenger signing

:haha:

I can't believe there are actually people on this board who seriously think this is true, and as if it's obvious. The lengths to which people go to defend Wenger is a bit ridiculous tbh. And then these same posters turn around and criticise us for being extremists.

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 10:48 AM
I can't believe there are actually people on this board who seriously think this is true, and as if it's obvious. The lengths to which people go to defend Wenger is a bit ridiculous tbh. And then these same posters turn around and criticise us for being extremists.
Welcome to GW

LDG
04-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Managers sign duds shocker.

I mean SAF never did it did he....

Taibi :bow:
Kleberson :bow:
Djemba Djemba :bow:
Anderson :bow:
Obertan :bow:

I mean come on. That is some serious shite.

Not to mention the millions wasted on Veron, Forlan etc.

Flavs
04-07-2012, 11:12 AM

Really? You don't think its plausible that after a ridiculously successful tour of East Asia last summer the news that the captain of South Korea was for sale for a pittance would have excited the board?

Also i don't think saying he was a marketing signing is a way of defending Wenger, if anything it makes him look a bigger tool for not playing the chap, who is clearly a very good player, We know Wenger is a sulky git and again it seems plausible that if, IF, the board got this chap in Wenger would take his ball home.

Joker
04-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Really? You don't think its plausible that after a ridiculously successful tour of East Asia last summer the news that the captain of South Korea was for sale for a pittance would have excited the board?

Also i don't think saying he was a marketing signing is a way of defending Wenger, if anything it makes him look a bigger tool for not playing the chap, who is clearly a very good player, We know Wenger is a sulky git and again it seems plausible that if, IF, the board got this chap in Wenger would take his ball home.

Wenger looks like someone who wants complete control of at least the football side of things at a club (he even had input into the design of the changing rooms). So if the board imposed a player upon him, I really think he'd leave the club or would fight hard to prevent it going through. Wenger himself managed in Japan, so probably has a good knowledge of South East Asian footballers, and getting the South Korean captain for a pittance would probably excite Wenger as much if not more than the board.

GP
04-07-2012, 12:10 PM
So if the board imposed a player upon him, I really think he'd leave the club or would fight hard to prevent it going through.

Or just dump him on the bench and never play him?

I agree.

Flavs
04-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Of course and while there is as much likelihood Wenger signed him and he has just turned out to be not at all what expected what I am saying is that one simply cant dismiss the chance that it was a board signing as no-one really knows what happened, personally i think it was a board signing, i also think Arshavin was but that's a different story.

What is even stranger is that if the rumours that Fulham tried to loan him are true why didn't we just send him out?

One thing is for sure its certainly the strangest transfer i can remember at Arsenal and one of the weirdest in the prem, not as weird as Bebe but still odd.

GP
04-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Bebe :haha:

Fergie :haha:

Syn
04-07-2012, 12:44 PM
It's strange - not because he was signed and not played. Every club must've had a few 'wildcard' signings that didn't pay off. We tried with Bischoff for example. But this one is strange because Park obviously can play. He's not totally unknown and did have some club and international pedigree. I guess we don't know what would've happened had RVP got injured for 10-15 matches, maybe Park would've been played more. But there were plenty of opportunities to play him. I don't think anyone expected him to be top notch, but as a squad player he might've done the upfront equivalent of Benayoun.

Marc Overmars
04-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I don't remember seeing him play too many times, but the 2 lives games I saw him last season were Marseille and City in the cup, he looked pretty garbage to be fair.

But then he went and scored an Henry-esque curler against Bolton. :shrug:

I reckon he was just shit in training and never really settled at the club.

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Lille must be laughing their heads off

Power n Glory
04-07-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't remember seeing him play too many times, but the 2 lives games I saw him last season were Marseille and City in the cup, he looked pretty garbage to be fair.

But then he went and scored an Henry-esque curler against Bolton. :shrug:

I reckon he was just shit in training and never really settled at the club.

He hardly touched the ball when he played, it's not a case of him losing the ball, dribbling into opponents and being a liability. Reminded me of Eduardo's early games where he was just anonymous and I think that boils down to team chemistry and everyone getting used to his off the ball movement. If he's making runs and nobody plays him through, that's not really his fault.

Flavs
04-07-2012, 02:15 PM
I refuse, i point blank refuse to believe he would have been worse on the left side of attack than a half-fit Aaron Ramsey.

I saw him play for Monaco a few times and was always impressed

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Of course and while there is as much likelihood Wenger signed him and he has just turned out to be not at all what expected what I am saying is that one simply cant dismiss the chance that it was a board signing as no-one really knows what happened, personally i think it was a board signing, i also think Arshavin was but that's a different story.

What is even stranger is that if the rumours that Fulham tried to loan him are true why didn't we just send him out?

One thing is for sure its certainly the strangest transfer i can remember at Arsenal and one of the weirdest in the prem, not as weird as Bebe but still odd.

well yeah, technically every signing is a board signing as they close the deal, but if you're for one minute suggesting that the board profusely set out to sign park for marketing reasons, then that's laughable. it also shows the level of insistence a sector of our fan base have in trying to defend wenger at all costs; what i'd call being poetically blinded by his actions. whilst posters like joker are sometimes accused of being far right in their view, some of you are so left wing it's absurd.

of course, all our debates are based on assumptions and personal beliefs, but going with what wenger has himself said on numerous occasions - that he will always have full control of this football club and will never have someone tell him who to sign - tells me wenger is fully accountable for this bizarre signing.

Marc Overmars
04-07-2012, 04:11 PM
The board probably suggested him for marketing reasons, Wenget would have got his contacts at Monaco to have a look and then made the move.

As always the blame is likely to be collective but then this is GW of course where middle ground doesn't exist.

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 04:16 PM
As WW said, Wenger always spouts that he has full control etc etc so blame is on him

Ollie the Optimist
04-07-2012, 06:54 PM
its park year now. watch him bang in 40 goals

what? i can hope cant i?

Injury Time
04-07-2012, 07:32 PM
its park year now. watch him bang in 40 goals

what? i can hope cant i?
Is on loan to Letters 5 a-side team then? :unsure:

21_GOONER_SALUTE
12-07-2012, 12:44 AM
The board probably suggested him for marketing reasons, Wenget would have got his contacts at Monaco to have a look and then made the move.

As always the blame is likely to be collective but then this is GW of course where middle ground doesn't exist.

I just stumbled on this thread and must say I can't blame the likes of Joker for getting irritated by the need for some to constantly shield AW from the impact of anything negative.

I mean come on, look at what MO suggests above, that it is more likely that PHW (an old Etonian) or Gazidas (a suit) stumbled on a player who's been staring for a top team in the premier division in France before our French coach?? Come on people, this is getting embarrassing. When I first read it I thought I must have had a mild dyslexic lapse as he must have meant AW saw the player first and then suggested it to the board,who then gave the ok thinking they couldn't lose due to the marketing advantages the deal would obviously generate. Am I the only one who thinks that was far more plausible than MO's forced press release??

I really don't get this. When Freddie was signed from an obscure league after only one day in the real international spotlight why didn't anyone say the board must have had something to do with it?? Or the questionable signing of Football's darling Heart Patient King kanu?? Ryo has made himself a name at Bolton, why don't we give the board some credit for that obscure signing too?? Or when Vela looked like another diamond in the rough unearthed by AW with those first cameos why didn't the board get any credit for that early enough?? Why does it seem "The Board" has never backed a winner while AW has done tons of em?? Man this Msgboard really cracks me up sometimes and no surprise the middle ground looks like a giant shaped French Smiley.

Anyway when I read Flavs penultimate reply, I could av sworn he was taking the piss and talking about Inamoto and had to go back just to confirm all the similarities. But yes people, we do have another Asian signing that beat this hands down and was all AW (the quotes are still their if anyone wants to "exonerate" him)- AW spotted him as a kid in Japan, paid 3.5million pounds for him, he "starred" for us in Europe and the Woringhton cup and was let go the next year for FREE. He then does a real shift in Fulham and the rest is a typical professional footballing CV, I guess Jol must be aware of this and is cheekily trying to replicate it, good on' im.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
12-07-2012, 01:21 AM
Here's some material to build your conspiracy theories with.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/1454850.stm

www.guardian.co.uk/football/2001/jul/24/newsstory.sport?cat=football&type=article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/matches_wallchart/japan_v_russia/newsid_2036000/2036312.stm

Cripps_orig
23-07-2012, 11:36 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/23/3259226/uae-champions-al-ain-keen-on-arsenals-park-chu-young-report

Bye

gunnerrrrr
03-11-2012, 12:58 PM
[QOTE=Maestro;213269]Wenger is a fool[/QUOTE]

He really is awful