PDA

View Full Version : What now for Walcott?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Verminator
05-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Assuming RVP does indeed leave what will happen with Theo? Will we continue to deploy him down the right? Will he finally be moved into the centre? Would he therefore be our new main striker??

Or will he just fuck off too? :coffee:

I have a feeling that he might just do that. :(

Cripps_orig
05-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Hes arguably our biggest asset

So hes gone

-Xs-
05-07-2012, 11:45 PM
He's gone. Or, is leaving on a free next year.

jelgoon
05-07-2012, 11:47 PM
I think he will probably leave although he is still young so may sign one extension and then could still leave at 26. I dont care that much - too inconsistent for me and Oxo I reckon will be a better player if Wenger doesnt ruin him. I think we would probably get £30 million for Walcott or something stupid. If we can, we should take it and distribute the proceeds to our destitute board members.

Syn
05-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Ah, fuck. Forgot about Theo.

:suicide:

Wake me up when September starts tbf. This is all so fucking irritating.

After Bale stayed on, Modric and Van Persie set to leave, it would be a nice notch on my pro-BNP-esque agenda if Theo stayed on too. Come on Britain, we are better than those dirty foreigners.

Syn
05-07-2012, 11:48 PM
If we can, we should take it and distribute the proceeds to our destitute board members.

:lol:

Power n Glory
05-07-2012, 11:59 PM
We're not going to offer him £100k a week and that's the sticking point. We'll say he's not worth the money but another club will. Plus, he may go to club that actually tries to play him as a striker or at least on the left wing so be can cut in more to score goals.

Ollie the Optimist
06-07-2012, 12:04 AM
if he is sitting there demanding more money, then he can fuck off. he is lucky to get anywhere close to 80k a week

V-Pig
06-07-2012, 12:08 AM
He's not a key player like RVP is. It'd be bad to lose him from the point of view of then having to replace him (plus all the unsettling/lack of ambition yadeyadeya), but his actual talent is nothing special and not worth any more money than he's currently on.

Cripps_orig
06-07-2012, 12:10 AM
I dont know how much hes earning now and i dont know when he signed his last contract with us but hes a far better player now than he was when he signed that contract. He scores goals and assists so understandable if he wants more.

Personally i dont think hes worth over 100k a week but blame the board/Wenger for that.

Power n Glory
06-07-2012, 12:38 AM
if he is sitting there demanding more money, then he can fuck off. he is lucky to get anywhere close to 80k a week

This is the problem. If we won't pay him that, someone else will. We can't expect to be a successful club and operate on this system. All of our star players will hit the glass ceiling and look elsewhere to play football. It's bad enough we don't win trophies. Also, our youth policy is totally flawed. Jack, Ox and Ramsey will encounter the same problem if they stay long enough. They're already on £50k and soon enough they will be at the top end of our wage structure and they're still young players! Once at the top of the wage braket, they can't earn anymore and that's likely to happen by the time they're in their mid 20's and hitting their peak similar to Theo.

It's an unsustainable system. We're likely to lose these players if they fulfil their potential or have a hard time shifting them if they turn out like Denilson and Bendy.

-Xs-
06-07-2012, 12:51 AM
I actually think he is on the verge of being a very good player after pissing about on the edges of that status since he joined us.

Would be pretty pissed off with him going.

Thierrymon
06-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Wouldnt be a huge loss to us as a player. While he is starting to develop into a decent player he still goes missing far too often and is only saved by having the odd blinder. I think he is a player that could be replaced easily, unlike RVP.

But if he does leave in a similar situation to RVP, nasri, flamini etc it would represent another failure by us to hold onto one of ours players and show off our fucking awful man management and negotiation skills.

Kano
06-07-2012, 07:16 AM
He's not a key player like RVP is. It'd be bad to lose him from the point of view of then having to replace him (plus all the unsettling/lack of ambition yadeyadeya), but his actual talent is nothing special and not worth any more money than he's currently on.

who are we to decide what he is worth? as png said someone else will pay him the money he wants and he will leave to get it.

Marc Overmars
06-07-2012, 07:33 AM
In our current state, we've got to keep him.

He's hit and miss but whether you like him or not, his productivity compares favourably to anyone in the league. Young, Nani, Lennon, Valencia etc.

To lose him and RVP, that is probably at least 75% (if not more) of our goals and assists from last season.

We can't keep readily selling players like this.

GP
06-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Young, Nani, Lennon, Valencia

You know, I wouldn't swap Theo for any of those.

Alpha
06-07-2012, 08:31 AM
This is a chance for Walcott to establish himself as a top player at Arsenal . If Podolski and Giroud take time to adapt he can get his chance to play in the centre of attack . If he can grab his chance he can become our Van Persie . He has all the ingredients even though he is sometimes inconsistent . He is a good finisher . He has pace . Letting him go would be a bad decision at this moment .

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-07-2012, 09:12 AM
I'd like to think if he were available, we would be in for him.

We have a lovely Theo-shaped hole on our right wing that has just opened up.

Sorry.

Alpha
06-07-2012, 09:43 AM
I'd like to think if he were available, we would be in for him.

We have a lovely Theo-shaped hole on our right wing that has just opened up.

Sorry.

Chambo can fill that gap . Gervinho or even Bendtner if we decide to keep him for one more year . I think even Giroud and Podolski can operate on wings > That shouldn't be a problem at all.

BOBN
06-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Chambo can fill that gap . Gervinho or even Bendtner if we decide to keep him for one more year . I think even Giroud and Podolski can operate on wings > That shouldn't be a problem at all.
Sounds like the slowest, bluntest strikeforce around.

Look its one thing reducing the quality of our frontline, to remove the pace too would be suicide. Defenders would have their deckchairs out against us.

Joker
06-07-2012, 10:21 AM
This is the problem. If we won't pay him that, someone else will. We can't expect to be a successful club and operate on this system. All of our star players will hit the glass ceiling and look elsewhere to play football. It's bad enough we don't win trophies. Also, our youth policy is totally flawed. Jack, Ox and Ramsey will encounter the same problem if they stay long enough. They're already on £50k and soon enough they will be at the top end of our wage structure and they're still young players! Once at the top of the wage braket, they can't earn anymore and that's likely to happen by the time they're in their mid 20's and hitting their peak similar to Theo.

It's an unsustainable system. We're likely to lose these players if they fulfil their potential or have a hard time shifting them if they turn out like Denilson and Bendy.

I actually think we should give him the money tbh. Yes, it's a lot, but it's the players that make the game and have been responsible for it developing into such a big money industry, and consequently deserve the big bucks for their efforts. I struggle to understand how the fans seem so opposed to players getting a lot of money (and regularly castigate those who leave for being greedy moneygrabbers) but don't seem to direct the same ire at the board, many of whom actually cashed in by selling shares rather than investing in the club, which displays a far greater level of greed than any player has shown.

selassie
06-07-2012, 12:42 PM
I actually think we should give Theo the money too given our current situation but I have a feeling his head has already been turned.

Our contract situation with our best players is an absolute farce, seriously why does this happen ever season? Why do we let our best players run down there contracts?

Boss
06-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Needs to be kept, makes no sense continually losing our best players especially if we can avoid it.

Despite my lack of faith in his ability to become a world class player he is as good as any winger in the Premiership and him going along with Van Persie leaves us in a worse position than we were at the start of last season's summer transfer window.

LDG
06-07-2012, 12:45 PM
I actually think we should give Theo the money too given our current situation but I have a feeling his head has already been turned.

Our contract situation with our best players is an absolute farce, seriously why does this happen ever season? Why do we let our best players run down there contracts?

It's out of our hands to some degree....

We can't make someone sign. Sure, we can sweeten the deal and hope for the best, but ultimately, if other clubs offer more money, that's what's gonna happen.

We have to hope that players such as Jack can keep us going, and stay true to their words. He said he's never leave Arsenal....really hope that's true.

AOC is about 2 years away from doing exactly the same unfortunately.

fakeyank
06-07-2012, 04:45 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4413354/Theo-Walcott-is-ready-to-follow-Robin-van-Persie-out-of-the-Arsenal-exit-door.html

:doh:

We have become such a dog shite club. Wenger has really been fucked hard in the butt with his youth policy. RVP out for 6.5 seasons out of 8, Theo out 4 seasons out of 6.. unlimited faith and Wenger gets the finger! Shouldve offloaded these c*nts when they were of no use to us. The only person who has shown us some sort of loyalty is Rosicky.. thats probably coz no one was interested.

I'll probably go bat shit crazy if a day comes when Diaby has a few good games and he says "Club is not moving in the direction I want it to move so I am not going to stay at Arsenal" :ilt:

GP
06-07-2012, 04:45 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4413354/Theo-Walcott-is-ready-to-follow-Robin-van-Persie-out-of-the-Arsenal-exit-door.html

:doh:

We have become such a dog shite club. Wenger has really been fucked hard in the butt with his youth policy. RVP out for 6.5 seasons out of 8, Theo out 4 seasons out of 6.. unlimited faith and Wenger gets the finger! Shouldve offloaded these c*nts when they were of no use to us. The only person who has shown us some sort of loyalty is Rosicky.. thats probably coz no one was interested.

I'll probably go bat shit crazy if a day comes when Diaby has a few good games and he says "Club is not moving in the direction I want it to move so I am not going to stay at Arsenal" :ilt:

You know what I suggest?

Don't read The Sun.

Cripps_orig
06-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Arsenal :haha:

We truly are the laughing stock of the PL

Özil's Panoramic View
06-07-2012, 07:36 PM
So does Walcott really think he's worth that 80k per week?

Top flight club football has really turned into one big corporate mess, packed with mercenaries parading as superstar players

Özim
06-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Arsenal :haha:

We truly are the laughing stock of the PL
We're small time these days and a bit of a joke around Europe, in a few years noone will want to sign for us and the problem will be even worse than today. But Wenger knows as they say!

Marc Overmars
06-07-2012, 08:34 PM
You have to start looking closer to home when billy no bollocks players like Walcott begin to ponder whether Arsenal is the right place for him.

Thierrymon
06-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Even our average players are abandoning us now :(

Özil's Panoramic View
06-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Even our average players are abandoning us now :(

Average players leaving is nothing new as lesbo Na$ri did leave last season

Cripps_orig
16-07-2012, 01:33 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4431275/Theo-Walcott-transfer-Liverpool-want-Arsenal-winger.html

Hes gone

PGFC
16-07-2012, 07:41 AM
:wave:

Power n Glory
16-07-2012, 08:02 AM
If Brendan wants to play Walcott up front with Suarez, then Walcott will go. His favourite English player is Owen, he's a Liverpool supporter...Brendan seems like a good coach...why not? This was on the cards and we're already prepared. Poldoski and Gervinho will play on the flanks, we have Ox as a back up, but it still leaves us a it short on cover. Maybe we'll keep Myachi.

Grebbo
16-07-2012, 09:19 AM
I can't see Liverpool paying him bigger wages than we'll offer him.

I think he probably needs the move as he hasn't really kicked on under Wenger.

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-07-2012, 10:00 AM
I can't see Liverpool paying him bigger wages than we'll offer him.

I think he probably needs the move as he hasn't really kicked on under Wenger.
You'd be surprised...

Kuyt and Maxi would have been on a fair whack of wages so there would be some room to manoeuvre there, even if we are looking to snip the wage bill a little.

Grebbo
16-07-2012, 10:19 AM
You'd be surprised...

Kuyt and Maxi would have been on a fair whack of wages so there would be some room to manoeuvre there, even if we are looking to snip the wage bill a little.

Will your lot pay him £100k per week? He won't leave us for less.

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Will your lot pay him £100k per week? He won't leave us for less.

Probably not. But then that demand could just be to force the move, knowing you lot wouldn't pay it. He may lower his demands for his "boyhood club".

I don't think he'd come here though. I'd at least like us to ask, if he does come available.

Grebbo
16-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Probably not. But then that demand could just be to force the move, knowing you lot wouldn't pay it. He may lower his demands for his "boyhood club".

I don't think he'd come here though. I'd at least like us to ask, if he does come available.

We would pay it unless Wenger wants him out. We overpay a lot of dross players.

Be interesting to see what happens. I'd actually be surprised if he chose you over us if he has the choice (Wenger might want him out so he'll have no choice).

His stats are excellent and he gets over-criticised. He could turn into a star under your lot but even at his current level he's way better than your wingers.

Power n Glory
16-07-2012, 10:47 AM
The club might not want him. We've signed Poldoski, Oxo and Gervinho in a short space of time. Walcott also wants to play up front but Wenger seems reluctant to move him there.

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-07-2012, 10:57 AM
We would pay it unless Wenger wants him out. We overpay a lot of dross players.

Be interesting to see what happens. I'd actually be surprised if he chose you over us if he has the choice (Wenger might want him out so he'll have no choice).

His stats are excellent and he gets over-criticised. He could turn into a star under your lot but even at his current level he's way better than your wingers.

Well yes. But pretty much our only winger is Downing, so that's not hard. :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
16-07-2012, 11:09 AM
if liverpool or another club for that matter came in with a bid of 20 million or more id bite their hands off and sell theo. even possibly a bid low as 15 million.

he is a good player but far to inconsistent, and a bid of 15 million or more, id show him the door myself

IBK
16-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Maybe its time for Walcott to become a striker for us? I've heard worse ideas.

I_Killed_Kenny
16-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Maybe its time for Walcott to become a striker for us? I've heard worse ideas.

Tbh i think he would be a good striker for us but signing giroud probably means that wenger still doesnt think he can cut the mustard up front. Thought in the fa and carlings last year was the perfect platfrom for him to be tested up front

Power n Glory
16-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Walcott needs press Wenger on this and find out how playing on the wing is supposed to be helping him develop as a striker. Wenger says he likes strikers that can do more than just score goals and I think Walcott has improved his all round team play with the goals he's setting up, so what more does he have to do there?

I_Killed_Kenny
16-07-2012, 11:46 AM
agreed there. if RVP leaves it gives us scope for the big man lil man combo with theo and giroud up front. If we can feed him with through balls i think he could score loads for us, like bent at villa

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2012, 12:55 PM
daily express reporting that we have rejected a 25 million pound offer for theo today.

whoever rejected that, should be shot. for 25 million, id drive him to stanford bridge myself

Joker
17-07-2012, 03:05 PM
We cannot afford to keep losing our first team players, and to criticise them for being greedy and money hungry when some fans are saying we should accept the money is inconsistent. If we did reject it I'd for once praise the men who run Arsenal for putting football over profits. Walcott, for all his faults, did contribute a lot last season and we need to have some stability. Otherwise, every season becomes a transitional one, and it'll always be jam tomorrow.

Newguy
17-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Not sure about that story, but 25million is a lot of money. The thing istheo could be worth a lot more in a few years time, so knowing the board they wont sell theo as they are not getting their projected maximum return. Remember, Theo was our first supposed cash cow under this new "sell our best players every season" policy.

Power n Glory
17-07-2012, 04:25 PM
We cannot afford to keep losing our first team players, and to criticise them for being greedy and money hungry when some fans are saying we should accept the money is inconsistent. If we did reject it I'd for once praise the men who run Arsenal for putting football over profits. Walcott, for all his faults, did contribute a lot last season and we need to have some stability. Otherwise, every season becomes a transitional one, and it'll always be jam tomorrow.

:gp:

IBK
17-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Not sure about that story, but 25million is a lot of money. The thing istheo could be worth a lot more in a few years time, so knowing the board they wont sell theo as they are not getting their projected maximum return. Remember, Theo was our first supposed cash cow under this new "sell our best players every season" policy.

Problem is, he can go where he wants for nothing next year if he doesn't sign a new contract - so if they want to make money, the board have to sell now.

Power n Glory
17-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Give him a new deal and then sell him if we don't think he's worth the wages. IMO I think we should give him a new deal anyway.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
17-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Don't get why you putting some of the blame on we the fans for this disastrous policy of pushing out our top talent- I can't recall any fan wanting us to sell Vieira, Henry (the first time anyway), Fabregas (for the pittance we got) nor RVP at the moment.

We fans have enough to answer for, actively encouraging the sale of our best players isn't one of them. I guess the confusion must be you really rate Walcott, which clearly a lot of people don't.

Özim
17-07-2012, 07:49 PM
If he leaves he leaves, I won't be crying over it. A very hit and miss player who's been more miss than hit, he's had a long time to prove his worth and overall his contribution hasn't been great.....maybe it's time to cut him loose and bring in someone with a bit more flair on the wing who can get the fans up on their feet like Limpar could?

Cripps_orig
17-07-2012, 07:54 PM
He'll be a big miss if he leaves but i dont care either way any more

Özim
17-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah to be honest if this whole team was ripped apart I wouldn't be overly bothered, there's a couple players I'd like to keep but other than that there's not that much.

I'd prefer a mix of styles, some flair, some agression, some pace etc etc I just think we have a lot of players that are in the same mould. Going back to the drawing board wouldn't be a bad idea.

Cripps_orig
17-07-2012, 08:01 PM
I think a couple of players is pushing it for me.

Even the likes of Wilshere, im not really fussed about. Hes dead and wasnt that good before his death so didnt feel that connection with him

Xhaka Can’t
17-07-2012, 08:02 PM
What do you mean?

The whole team HAS been ripped apart.

Özim
17-07-2012, 08:04 PM
What do you mean?

Yeah we've lost our best players.

But it can still be ripped apart by getting rid of many of the players still here and starting again with the idea of changing the way we play.

LDG
17-07-2012, 08:06 PM
What do you mean?

We have loads of different styles of player. Granted they're all types of different shit from time to time, but we're certainly not full of the same type of player. Further confirmed by the signing of podolski and giroud.

GP
17-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Your face is all types of different shit

LDG
17-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Yeah we've lost our best players.

But it can still be ripped apart by getting rid of many of the players still here and starting again with the idea of changing the way we play.

I know you didn't watch much of last season, but we did change the way we play. Quite a bit too!

LDG
17-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Your face is all types of different shit

So's your face.

Özim
17-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I know you didn't watch much of last season, but we did change the way we play. Quite a bit too!
I saw some games last season, a couple I enjoyed but overall it was the same old same old with the only difference being other than RVP we had noone to get us out of trouble.

Surprisingly though the midfield is no very ordinary unlike in previous years, defence is still suspect though........Podolski and Giroud will be good but we're losing RVP so they effectively cancel themselves out.

It's kinda like one step forward two steps back with us.

selassie
18-07-2012, 12:56 PM

Yep, if we sell him we won't replace him like for like anyway. I accept we have a fair few wide players currently in the squad but Theo is our best one at present. Morevover we won't even reinvest the money we recoup from Theo in other areas of the squad.

Theo is one of our best players, stats back this up along with his performances over the past few seasons. Sure he has some flaws, but he also offers the team a lot of qualities.

I really do not understand why some folks want him sold.

Power n Glory
18-07-2012, 01:23 PM
He's been our most dangerous winger since the Invincible era. Every single winger we have had since has been inconsistent, unthreatening or useless. Reyes, Hleb, Eboue, Rosicky, Nasri, Gervinho...the problem isn't exclusive to Theo.

fakeyank
20-07-2012, 04:12 PM
whats up with this c*nt? Has he left yet?

Cripps_orig
20-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Walcott hasnt done anything ****ish yet tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Based on his interview shown on SSN, it doesn't sound like he'll be leaving. His agent and the club are talking about a new contract so he says but he didn't do the non-committal "we'll see what happens" shtick - he talked specifically about what 'we' need to do next season.

LDG
24-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Based on his interview shown on SSN, it doesn't sound like he'll be leaving. His agent and the club are talking about a new contract so he says but he didn't do the non-committal "we'll see what happens" shtick - he talked specifically about what 'we' need to do next season.

Unless he wants to run down his current deal without the hassel, based on the knowledge he can't command super wages if transferred....

....but on a free....that's where the bucks are.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2012, 01:44 PM
It's possible and maybe it's because he is too much of a GHEL to say anything other than "...who knows?" but my impression is he'll sign a new one.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-07-2012, 01:45 PM
So we're probably not signing him then?

Ah well :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Well, it's only my verdict. I could be drastically wrong tbf.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-07-2012, 03:37 PM
So we are definitely signing him then?

:trophy:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2012, 03:47 PM
It's on!

The Wengerbabies
29-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Southampton have shown their intent for a first season back in the *Premier League – by making an audacious enquiry about Arsenal and England *winger Theo Walcott.

Arsenal remain hopeful of seeing off interest from Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham and now Southampton, and will this week reopen talks with Walcott’s advisers over the 23-year-old’s future.

The Gunners will also *attempt to underline their ambitions by stepping up efforts to push through the signing of Santi Cazorla from Malaga, while also considering a season-long loan of Nuri Sahin from Real Madrid.

But the newly promoted Saints want to take Walcott back to his first sporting home.

Remember then? Walcott scores for the Saints and celebrates scoring a goal during the Coca-Cola Championship
Getty
They have become the *latest club to ask about *Walcott’s availability and were not put off by the fact they would have to pay at least £15million and £100,000-a-week in wages to secure his signature.

Southampton chairman Nicola Cortese has made a claim to new and *prospective signings that the club can challenge for a Champions League place in the next three years.

But even if Walcott *decided to quit the *Emirates, Southampton would face a near-*impossible battle to convince him to snub interest from Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Tottenham to *return to the South Coast.

Cortese and manager Nigel Adkins want to make a signing to back up their bold claims that Saints can muscle their way into *Europe.

They view Walcott, who grew up at Southampton and made 21 League *appearances before joining Arsenal as a 16-year-old, as the perfect man.

Walcott has just 12 months of his Arsenal contract.

Wenger’s bid to sign *£20m-rated attacking *midfielder Santi Cazorla is not believed to have any impact on *Walcott.

Arsenal have agreed a deal in principle to take Sahin on a season-long loan, but are yet to open *negotiations with him.

Read Darren Lewis on how it's D-day for Theo Walcott: D-day for Walcott: Talks on new Arsenal contract set to take place next week

http://www.mirror.co.uk/incoming/southampton-bid-to-bring-theo-walcott-1180296

Globalgunner
29-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Really couldnt care less what happens with walcott as long as we get good money for him. He is such a one dimensional player, has no tricks, no guile, cannot dribble except at high speed. He is another example of stationary progress, such as Djourou. 6 years and he is no better than the 16 year old we signed in 2006. pity dalglish is no longer at the Pool, we could have gotten at least 40m off the mugsmashers.

Cripps_orig
30-07-2012, 12:16 AM
I dont remember him scoring and assisting in to double figures as a 16 year old

Globalgunner
30-07-2012, 08:53 AM
I dont remember him scoring and assisting in to double figures as a 16 year old

So i guess that ends the argument over whether Walcott is crap or not then. Adebayor scored lots of goals and we remember him most for tons of stupid misses rather than anything else. Lets see...........Hmmmm Walcott or Cazorla, Dempsey or Arshavin?. Its so tough having to choose.

Cripps_orig
30-07-2012, 09:10 AM
So i guess that ends the argument over whether Walcott is crap or not then.

Pretty much

Power n Glory
30-07-2012, 09:46 AM
So i guess that ends the argument over whether Walcott is crap or not then. Adebayor scored lots of goals and we remember him most for tons of stupid misses rather than anything else. Lets see...........Hmmmm Walcott or Cazorla, Dempsey or Arshavin?. Its so tough having to choose.

Can you remember the last winger we've had that's really produced at a consistent level? It's all good focussing on Theo but since Bobby and Ljungberg left, there hasn't been a single player that has been consistent or dangerous playing on the wings. That includes players that are technically superior to Theo as well. From Reyes, Hleb, Eboue, Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin....we've gone through a bag of different players out wide and they all have the same problems. Some of the more gifted players are like blunt knives when playing there. When up against teams sitting deep they can't produce anything.

The Ogg Monster
30-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Nasri was brilliant.

Flavs
30-07-2012, 10:25 AM
He signs and we carry on wishing he was more consistent but overall no quite impressed by him

He doesn't sign we hate him and want him to die a horrid death

Football :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
30-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Slow horrid death is required by some. But I like to avoid the hysteric nature of the more hot headed fan and am satisfied with the death being horrid.

Globalgunner
30-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Can you remember the last winger we've had that's really produced at a consistent level? It's all good focussing on Theo but since Bobby and Ljungberg left, there hasn't been a single player that has been consistent or dangerous playing on the wings. That includes players that are technically superior to Theo as well. From Reyes, Hleb, Eboue, Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin....we've gone through a bag of different players out wide and they all have the same problems. Some of the more gifted players are like blunt knives when playing there. When up against teams sitting deep they can't produce anything.

You will have to add Overmars to the list off effective wingers. Which all goes to the question of whether the players are to blame or the coaching. Overmars was part of our athletic Arsenal. The time when we could blitz teams with speed and harness the deadly accuracy of Bergkamp, Wright and Anelka. We now moved into a new phase after Henry left of slow build up play, technical Arsenal. This however needs players of greater ability, who can retrieve passes and make them, under pressure. The players we have are not that good and we do not improve them to be good enough for the type og game we wish to play. For all our poaching of young Barca players. The best steal we should contemplate is taking a few of their coaching staff. We do players like Walcott a disservice as well as to England when in 6 years we cannot improve their technical ability and game awareness. Walcott cannot take a player on unless it is at speed where he runs on to a through ball. Aaron Lennon is better at this as well as Adam johnson. Is it that Walcott never sees these players and thinks, could I not add a bit of this to my game as well as keep my deadly speed and good shooting. Maybe no one tells him his game is lacking or maybe he just does`nt care either way, he is a limited player and 5 years from now when his speed has gone he will be playing for Norwich in the championship.

Power n Glory
30-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Nasri was brilliant.

Nasri was hit and miss on the wings. He played in patches. Had good streaks and bad like Walcott. He had games where he was anonymous and was like a blunt knife. Theo has the frustrating thing where he can't beat his man, Nasri had moments where he just wouldn't try to take on his man and just do the simple tippy tappy one two play which gets snuffed out easily. Or he'd dribble in circles and cut back on himself to pass back into the middle. It's just as ineffective and frustrating, especially when we need bravery and someone to really trouble a defender. Gervinho is the one player I've seen in ages that can trouble and stretch teams but like Eboue, his end product can let him down. But I have high hopes for him this season. He's the sort of winger we need and just needs to improve his numbers.

Speaking of numbers....Nasri and Theo aren't that far apart and as I said before, he's just as inconsistent. We saw that in his last season for us when the goals dried up after Christmas and he couldn't produce much for us.

Check the numbers - all comps

Nasri
last 3 seasons
41 starts (3 sub) 7 goals, 5 assists
29 starts (5 sub) 5 goals, 6 assists
39 starts (7 sub) 15 goals, 5 assists

Walcott
last 3 seasons
15 starts (15 sub) 4 goals, 2 assists
25 starts (13 sub) 13 goals, 9 assists
41 starts (5 sub) 11 goals, 13 assists

Statistically, Theo has done better than Nasri when looking at the amount of games he's played. Plus, I still can't discount the amount of times Theo has turned up on big occasions against big opponents and scored goals or set them up. It's not just about the numbers but I remember plenty of games where Nasri has shrieked away from responsibility when we've needed a boost or gone missing in big games. If he's been brilliant for us.....what does that say about Theo?

Power n Glory
30-07-2012, 11:23 AM
You will have to add Overmars to the list off effective wingers. Which all goes to the question of whether the players are to blame or the coaching. Overmars was part of our athletic Arsenal. The time when we could blitz teams with speed and harness the deadly accuracy of Bergkamp, Wright and Anelka. We now moved into a new phase after Henry left of slow build up play, technical Arsenal. This however needs players of greater ability, who can retrieve passes and make them, under pressure. The players we have are not that good and we do not improve them to be good enough for the type og game we wish to play. For all our poaching of young Barca players. The best steal we should contemplate is taking a few of their coaching staff. We do players like Walcott a disservice as well as to England when in 6 years we cannot improve their technical ability and game awareness. Walcott cannot take a player on unless it is at speed where he runs on to a through ball. Aaron Lennon is better at this as well as Adam johnson. Is it that Walcott never sees these players and thinks, could I not add a bit of this to my game as well as keep my deadly speed and good shooting. Maybe no one tells him his game is lacking or maybe he just does`nt care either way, he is a limited player and 5 years from now when his speed has gone he will be playing for Norwich in the championship.

Theo has improved as a player but he's not going to become a dribbler. It's beyond Wenger to turn him into a player that can take on his man and beat him constantly. You're either that sort of player or you're not. Dribbling is something you learn from young and if you haven't got the skill by the time you turn professional you might as well forget it. It's why the Brazil kids are so damn good. They learn close control techniques and skills as soon as they can walk. I've never seen a none dribbler type player turn into a dribbler.

Most players that are skilled like that are greedy bastards on the ball and when they get to professional level, the coach probably spends most of their time coaching that greed out of them. Sort of like what Fergie has done with Ronaldo, Nani and what other coaches have done with Ronadlinho and such players.

Wenger knows Theo can't dribble and that's why he has him watching Ljungberg tapes and puts an emphasis on his off the ball movement. He needs to do as he originally planned and turn him into a striker because the numbers he gets on the flanks are pretty impressive.

Cripps_orig
30-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Theos fine.

Always has been

His critics are the gullible ones who fell for the "hes the next big thing" blah blah blah in 2006

Scores goals and makes goals as long as he gets the games and thats fine by me and i guess most sensible people.

Sure he has bad games but who doesnt?

Of course, if he doesnt sign a contract then hes an underachieving **** who hasnt improved since 2006

Fist of Lehmann
30-07-2012, 11:31 AM
I think the NLD was the perfect illustration of why opinions are so divided on him.

First 60 minutes, almost entirely awful.
Last 30 minutes, totally Awlcott.

Power n Glory
30-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Sounds like the game of striker to me. They can be anonymous for long periods and then suddenly pounce.

Ollie the Optimist
30-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Sounds like the game of striker to me. They can be anonymous for long periods and then suddenly pounce.

except with walcott, the long periods tend to be about 8 games

Power n Glory
30-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Common sense should tell you that wingers won't get as many scoring opportunities as strikers.

Cripps_orig
30-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Common sense should tell you that wingers won't get as many scoring opportunities as strikers.

Just remember who youre replying to

Power n Glory
30-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Just remember who youre replying to

I know, I know. :lol:

Fist of Lehmann
30-07-2012, 12:02 PM

If only he were just anonymous in that game instead of eye-catchingly bad. Two goals just were about worth it I think.

Power n Glory
30-07-2012, 12:12 PM
If he kept it simple and just tried little one twos that only contribute to more tippy tappy play, then he'd probably get away with a lot. But he's the type of player that needs to be in the box and around the final third more. Wenger needs to move him there. Also, it doesn't help that whoever is playing on the left is often anonymous or ineffective when we're struggling and traditionally, the left side is our most creative side.

Joker
30-07-2012, 03:07 PM
I've seen enough improvement from him over the last year to say that we should definitely do everything we can to keep him. Even in the 2 pre-season games, he's probably been our best player. His movements much better these days, and he's more willing to take positions all over the attacking third to try and influence the game, rather than wait to be given the ball. Sure, he still needs to work on his technical dribbling skills, but his shooting, all round awareness and crossing has improved a lot.

Syn
30-07-2012, 03:21 PM
He has definitely improved. Pulls off some impressive shit these days. And thence follows it up with some schoolboy cack which makes you want to chuck your pint glass at the screen (for us glory-shunters who no longer go to games). He is a fucking idiot and I hate him. But he is very lovable too. Difficult one to call.

Xhaka Can’t
30-07-2012, 06:16 PM
He can be frustrating, but had a good run from February last season - enough of a run to suggest he is worth another contract assuming his demands are realistic. He also had a good EC when played. If he does sign an extension, and it does not look to be working out - he will have resale value.

Master Splinter
16-08-2012, 11:04 PM
D ‏@AFCAMDEN

Theo Walcott expected to sign a new long-term contract with Arsenal soon. "He loves it here". #AFC.

Just need confirmation from the premier ITK in the business, Syn, and it should be a sure thing.

Theo :bow:.

GHELs :bow:.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Afcamden :lol:

Have they ever been right?

Ollie the Optimist
16-08-2012, 11:09 PM

he was first person to break the cazorla deal :good:

Young Guns 11
16-08-2012, 11:12 PM

He's regarded as being pretty reliable

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 11:19 PM

He also said rvp was going to utd 2 days before it was officially announced.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 11:20 PM
He also said rvp was going to utd 2 days before it was officially announced.

Majority of us said he was going ages before it was announced....

Master Splinter
16-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Majority of us said he was going ages before it was announced....

Goal.com said it in '74.

GP
17-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Goal.com said it in '74.

Goal.com say a lot of things.

LDG
24-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Theo rumoured to be in talks about his contract today. Happy to stay apparently.

V-Pig
24-08-2012, 10:54 AM
D ‏@AFCAMDEN
Theo Walcott contract talks ongoing "As we speak" #AFC

D ‏@AFCAMDEN
Staff expect Theo to sign as "he is happy here". Decision will need to be made this week as he's going into last year. In talks right now.

Syn
24-08-2012, 10:56 AM
He's English so no surprise there.

Come on the olympics.

Grebbo
24-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Funny how many Arsenal fans are excited for Theo to sign a new deal and would be disappointed if he leaves.

I'm one of them but it just goes to show how shit we are now as a couple of seasons ago we couldn't give a fuck if he signs or not.

He's now one of our best players. Not that he's improved at all, he's just surrounded by shittier players now so he now looks like a good player.

Cripps_orig
24-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Hes gone :(

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Hes gone :(

no he has not.

V-Pig
24-08-2012, 11:05 AM
He's now one of our best players. Not that he's improved at all, he's just surrounded by shittier players now so he now looks like a good player.

Not sure about that. He wouldn't feature in my starting 11. He's not much more than an impact sub.

Grebbo
24-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Not sure about that. He wouldn't feature in my starting 11. He's not much more than an impact sub.

So who would you have on the right wing instead of Walcott?

V-Pig
24-08-2012, 11:11 AM

I'd rather play the Ox. I'd actually rather play Arshavin. At least he has a touch of brilliance underneath the rolls of fat.

I'm not saying I'd necessarily want him to leave, but it wouldn't be a significant blow, except for the squad disruption and sense we can't keep hold of players. In footballing terms, meh.

Xhaka Can’t
24-08-2012, 03:51 PM

Louise Mensch.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2012, 04:02 PM

Nick Griffin :bow: best right winger in the country tbh.

fakeyank
24-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Dont forget we have Song also who can.... oh wait :(

Penguin
25-08-2012, 11:21 AM
If it wasn't for the english media hype around him I think Wenger would have got rid of him a long time ago. Personally I don't mind whether he stays or goes,unlike an RVP or Cesc he's one of those players that are easily replaceable.

jelgoon
28-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Look like Walcott is probably off according to the Times. I thought as much weeks ago. He was a good mate of RVP and I had a feeling he wouldnt hang around if he went. Our squad is falling apart - its a shambles!

Cripps_orig
28-08-2012, 11:18 PM
We go from bad to worse

hobson's choice
28-08-2012, 11:36 PM
If I was Theo, I would leave Arsenal, he's never gonna be a great player in the system that Wenger wants to play.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Tbf that could be said about any player

KSE Comedy Club
28-08-2012, 11:44 PM
If I was Theo, I would leave Arsenal, he's never gonna be a great player in the system that Wenger wants to play.

What, football?

I agree.

hobson's choice
28-08-2012, 11:45 PM
What, football?

I agree.

They way Wenger wants this team to play, does not benefit Theo at all.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Tbf Theo has proved hes pretty awesome if he can stay injury free which he has last couple of seasons and hes got double figures in goals and assists in both i think

Not sure what hes on atm but he deserves a raise and if we arent giving him one despite him being one of our better players then a well deserved :doh: to Arsene

KSE Comedy Club
28-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Tbf Theo has proved hes pretty awesome if he can stay injury free which he has last couple of seasons and hes got double figures in goals and assists in both i think

Not sure what hes on atm but he deserves a raise and if we arent giving him one despite him being one of our better players then a well deserved :doh: to Arsene
He's on £60k apparently. We've offered him £75k and he's turned it down, reports say he wants closer to £100k pw (:lol:)

Bear in mind that cazorla is on £80k and he's a world cup and euro cup winner, and looking like a better player than Walcott.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2012, 11:54 PM
He's on £60k apparently. We've offered him £75k and he's turned it down, reports say he wants closer to £100k pw (:lol:)

Bear in mind that cazorla is on £80k and he's a world cup and euro cup winner, and looking like a better player than Walcott.

Cazorla didnt win the world cup tbh

Also i wouldnt believe reports. Id give Theo that though anyway cos hes one of our better players who scores and assists.

I like Cazorla but i think people are overrating him a tad. He cant shoot for shit and not done much else bar look pretty on the ball

gooners
28-08-2012, 11:59 PM
not done much else bar look pretty on the ball

wengerball redux! :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Sorry, it was the two euro cup wins he was part of, not the world cup.

I don't think he is overrated at all. Most of the attacks have gone through him and he has been involved in everything that has happened in the last two games, good or bad.

Kyle?
29-08-2012, 12:05 AM
He was in the 2008 squad that won the world cup, I'm sure he played in that tourney as well.

So yeh he did win it.

I don't think he is overrated at all. Most of the attacks have gone through him and he has been involved in everything that has happened in the last two games, good or bad.

If anything, Cazorla is underrated. people showering praise on Hazard, yet if we had strikers who have settled, Cazorla would have about 4 assists by now.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Sorry, it was the two euro cup wins he was part of, not the world cup.

I don't think he is overrated at all. Most of the attacks have gone through him and he has been involved in everything that has happened in the last two games, good or bad.And yet we havent scored and looked boring in both matches...

If we are comparing Theo and Santi then il admit Cazorla is better on the ball. No doubt. However if we go on end product which is what is most important then yeah Theo pisses on him comfortably.

Cazorla was nothing special for his clubs in Spain. Hasnt reached double figures at all goals wise and only in one season for assists. I get Cazorla being Spanish, people will automatically think hes awesome but dont forget, Cesc is also Spanish and he was a shower of shite last season.

If Theo was any other nationality then he'd be seen as a very good player by everyone. Being English has heaped lots of ridiculous pressure on him

Kyle?
29-08-2012, 12:19 AM
And yet we havent scored and looked boring in both matches...

If we are comparing Theo and Santi then il admit Cazorla is better on the ball. No doubt. However if we go on end product which is what is most important then yeah Theo pisses on him comfortably.

Cazorla was nothing special for his clubs in Spain. Hasnt reached double figures at all goals wise and only in one season for assists. I get Cazorla being Spanish, people will automatically think hes awesome but dont forget, Cesc is also Spanish and he was a shower of shite last season.

If Theo was any other nationality then he'd be seen as a very good player by everyone. Being English has heaped lots of ridiculous pressure on him

I really hope you're kidding. You can't seriously think Theo is better than Santi Cazorla and Cesc Fabregas?

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 12:22 AM
I really hope you're kidding. You can't seriously think Theo is better than Santi Cazorla and Cesc Fabregas?

Not than Cesc.

Cazorla, probably.

Toronto Gooner
29-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Not than Cesc.

Cazorla, probably.
Not a chance that Walcott is better than Cazorla.

Thierrymon
29-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Walcott thinking he is worth 100k a week :lol:

Sad thing is, there will be clubs willing to pay that much.

i dont think we would miss his ability, but its a slight on the image of the club to be losing yet another player due to badly managed contracts.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 06:30 AM
Not a chance that Walcott is better than Cazorla.

More goals and assists over the years and hes younger as well

Cazorlas better on the ball though so makes sense we praise the no end product guy and critisise the one who has got end product.

Wenger has done his work well

Letters
29-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Not than Cesc.

Cazorla, probably.Oh please.

I've only seen Cazorla in 2 games and already it's clear that he's a far better player than Theo ever will be.

As for 'end product', him and Theo have produced exactly the same end product so far this season although Cazola did at least provide an perfect for Giroud in the Sunderland game, it's not Cazola's fault that Giroud missed the target. Walcott did nothing either game.

I can't comment on Cazola's previous career because I haven't seen any of it but it's irrelevant anyway as he was playing in a different team and league. Let's see what he does for us when he (and the strikers he's trying to feed) get settled in.

fakeyank
29-08-2012, 07:37 AM
No worries guys.. we still have Arshavin, Chamakh and Bendtner! These geezers are going to win us the championship! Everybody running our football club needs to be ashamed of themselves and the top of that list is Arsene Wenger.. fucking quit you tool! Stop being a mouthpiece to boardroom politics and earning millions year after year.

Power n Glory
29-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Wenger keeps saying Theo's future is as a striker and he should play him there if that's the case. He has an end product and his goals and assists prove that but he's no good at the build up play part and doesn't get involved with all the tippy tappy stuff. If Wenger had coached Ian Wright in his youth, he'd have probably played him on the wings as well because he's obsessed with making complete footballers. Sometimes you just need a blunt object to finish off the job. Nothing too fancy and Theo looks like that classic sort of striker in the same mould as Owen, Defoe and Wright. These guys wouldn't excel on the flanks. It was the same for when Eduardo played on the wing. Anonymous during build up play. We could have a very good and effective player on our hands if played correctly.

Bergkampwonderland10
29-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Wenger keeps saying Theo's future is as a striker and he should play him there if that's the case. He has an end product and his goals and assists prove that but he's no good at the build up play part and doesn't get involved with all the tippy tappy stuff. If Wenger had coached Ian Wright in his youth, he'd have probably played him on the wings as well because he's obsessed with making complete footballers. Sometimes you just need a blunt object to finish off the job. Nothing too fancy and Theo looks like that classic sort of striker in the same mould as Owen, Defoe and Wright. These guys wouldn't excel on the flanks. It was the same for when Eduardo played on the wing. Anonymous during build up play. We could have a very good and effective player on our hands if played correctly.
I haven't seen any evidence to suggest Walcott could be an effective CF. He's fluffed several one on one's with a keeper.

Power n Glory
29-08-2012, 08:42 AM
I haven't seen any evidence to suggest Walcott could be an effective CF. He's fluffed several one on one's with a keeper.

But you can't even recall the goals he's scored or how many so I'm not surprised by that.

LDG
29-08-2012, 08:42 AM
What a load of guff.

Sell the **** and be done with it. He's not that good anyway. He's led the club a merry dance over this contract for over a year, so frankly he can sod off.

What is slightly disturbing is the clubs inability to sort such an issue out, without leaving it until 48 hours before the window shuts. Yet here we are again, same as last year, fucking around, two games into the season, and with 48 hours to do (if we really are going to challenge) a lot of high quality business.

Bergkampwonderland10
29-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Someone's updated his wiki profile already...current club.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Walcott

Bergkampwonderland10
29-08-2012, 08:53 AM
But you can't even recall the goals he's scored or how many so I'm not surprised by that.
I can recall he's not scored more than 9 goals in the premiership in any one season.

Letters
29-08-2012, 09:25 AM
What a load of guff.

Sell the **** and be done with it. He's not that good anyway. He's led the club a merry dance over this contract for over a year, so frankly he can sod off.

What is slightly disturbing is the clubs inability to sort such an issue out, without leaving it until 48 hours before the window shuts. Yet here we are again, same as last year, fucking around, two games into the season, and with 48 hours to do (if we really are going to challenge) a lot of high quality business.
:good:

If we've offered him more money and he's rejected it then he can piss off. Frankly, he's not worth more than he's on. He's not even worth what he is on. If some other club are going to pay him silly money to run into players and lose the ball then more fool them. But yeah, if he goes then we do need some proper signings and there probably isn't time for any. We've signed 3 decent players but we've sold 2 - one exceptional, one decent - and look like we're about to sell another decent player. 3 first teamers out, 3 in. At best stagnation, more likely going backwards. Again.

:(

Bergkampwonderland10
29-08-2012, 09:29 AM
:good:

If we've offered him more money and he's rejected it then he can piss off. Frankly, he's not worth more than he's on. He's not even worth what he is on. If some other club are going to pay him silly money to run into players and lose the ball then more fool them. But yeah, if he goes then we do need some proper signings and there probably isn't time for any. We've signed 3 decent players but we've sold 2 - one exceptional, one decent - and look like we're about to sell another decent player. 3 first teamers out, 3 in. At best stagnation, more likely going backwards. Again.

:(
Personally I quite liked the transfers on the last day of the window...added a bit of spice to everything...Dempsey, Tiote, Sinclair and that defender from Montpellier....we'd be a threat again for sure...:)

Syn
29-08-2012, 09:33 AM
He'd be nice to keep, but he's not the sort of player you worry about leaving. We're 4th place with him and 4th place without. If he had the quality of RVC then you worry about it. He will get goals and has stepped it up recently but, IMO, Oxlade will get more. Need to replace him with someone who is more comfortable on the ball.

LDG
29-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Personally I quite liked the transfers on the last day of the window...added a bit of spice to everything...Dempsey, Tiote, Sinclair and that defender from Montpellier....we'd be a threat again for sure...:)

A threat again? To who? Newcastle?

Fuck that shit.

Fabregas, M'Vila and another striker please.

Letters
29-08-2012, 09:38 AM
I thought we did well on the last day last year but the point is we shouldn't be scrabbling round on the last day to get players who can keep us challenging for top 4. That should already be in place, anything done on the last day should be a bonus not essential.

The Wengerbabies
29-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm struggling to care tbh.

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 10:36 AM
I'll write if this season if Theo goes. Seeing our three most creative and experienced players in one Summer? Total muppets.

sent from a fone

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Pretty much, how can you lose your 3 most productive players and expect to improve?

Same shit, different year.

Joker
29-08-2012, 10:41 AM
I'll write if this season if Theo goes. Seeing our three most creative and experienced players in one Summer? Total muppets.

sent from a fone

Of course it's all the players fault for being so greedy as to want a better contract. The board are totally blameless in this, they're simply behaving as all good capitalists would by trying to squeeze wages down to the lowest possible level, and then crying wolf when players choose to leave.

If Walcott goes we need to replace 27 assists last year from him and Song and the 37 goals from RVP. You could say, "it's okay, Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla, Gervinho and AOC will take over the mantle", but the evidence so far hasn't been encouraging.

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 10:41 AM
And how is it that spurs can sign Dembele in 5 mins and were a million miles away from signing anyone with 48 hours remaining. Fucking dickheads.

sent from a fone

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 10:48 AM
And how is it that spurs can sign Dembele in 5 mins and were a million miles away from signing anyone with 48 hours remaining. Fucking dickheads.

sent from a fone

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/article6410995.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/Ivan%2BGazidis

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Of course it's all the players fault for being so greedy as to want a better contract. The board are totally blameless in this, they're simply behaving as all good capitalists would by trying to squeeze wages down to the lowest possible level, and then crying wolf when players choose to leave.

If Walcott goes we need to replace 27 assists last year from him and Song and the 37 goals from RVP. You could say, "it's okay, Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla, Gervinho and AOC will take over the mantle", but the evidence so far hasn't been encouraging.
Walcotts been offered a better contract.

He wants more money than he's been offered even though he is being offered more than what he is on now.

How is that not greed :shrug:

Power n Glory
29-08-2012, 10:52 AM

It's unbelieveable. We've wiped out our fire power in one season. RVP, Song, Theo next, Arshavin too. I know people don't rate the fat guy much, but if you were to go to the bookies and place a bet on whose to score or get an assist and he's starting, he'd get good odds. We're in the land of the unknown right now.

V-Pig
29-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Bye, Walcott. Good attitude, average player, and thanks making our side look less technical than it is.

Kano
29-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Pretty much, how can you lose your 3 most productive players and expect to improve?

except this year will be out of the top four.

Letters
29-08-2012, 01:03 PM
except this year will be out of the top four.
I've lost count of how many years people have been saying that for.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2012, 02:34 PM

You should have kept notes. Sounds like you are disorganised or just plain lazy.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Look like Walcott is probably off according to the Times. I thought as much weeks ago. He was a good mate of RVP and I had a feeling he wouldnt hang around if he went. Our squad is falling apart - its a shambles!

Not really no. All thats happening is those who were close or part of project youth are going and new group is getting together.

Loosing Theo is no loss at all.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 03:03 PM

Easy really if you replace them with better players or change the way you play.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 03:04 PM

Bye, Walcott. Good attitude, average player, and thanks making our side look less technical than it is.
Both Spot on.

Joker
29-08-2012, 03:09 PM

Or he offered an alternative approach, something that was not your usual tippy-tappy passing game (which didn't work anyway because our players aren't good enough to implement that style). Getting the right players to play like Barcelona requires us to spend a lot of money on top quality. Given that's not going to happen, surely keeping players like Walcott would make sense. Let's revert to a more high speed, counter-attacking style of play, making the most of what we do have in the squad. We need to realise we are a limited squad these days, and trying to be something we're not will only make things worse.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 03:11 PM

So you think The club should give theo 100k A week and why exactly does he deserve it? Should you not have to earn a raise or because he is a footballer he is entitled to it because of a few assists and a few goals he scored.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 03:16 PM
What a load of guff.

Spot on.

How we leave business so late is beyond me, WTF does Gazidas do all day and Dick law.

CB2KD
Nice lad, decent finisher but always struggles to keep the ball.

We could be short of goal scorers this year though!

Joker
Worked well that got us loads of trophies too. Wallcott better then Rooney when he was 23.

It hasn't even been tried. We've tried this 4-5-1, slow passing game for at least 6 years now. Occasionally we played to Walcott's strengths, but for the most part we've tried (and failed) to replicate Barcelona.

So you think The club should give theo 100k A week and why exactly does he deserve it? Should you not have to earn a raise or because he is a footballer he is entitled to it because of a few assists and a few goals he scored.

As a footballer the only way you can earn is raise is through your productivity, so yes he deserves it because of the goals and assists he's contributed over the last few seasons.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Easy really if you replace them with better players or change the way you play.

Easier said than done.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 03:20 PM
As a footballer the only way you can earn is raise is through your productivity, so yes he deserves it because of the goals and assists he's contributed over the last few seasons.

He as gad the chance to be productive and never taken it. AOC came in one season and proved to be a better prosspect. Rooney before he was Theo's age was 5 levels above where theo is now.

No way he deserves 100K a week and the fact he was booed by the majority of fans last season shows that.

Maybe Theo is out of love with the fans for being boed last season and maybe why he wants out.

Funny though people getting worked up over a rumuor started on twitter and with no official confirmation.

Power n Glory
29-08-2012, 03:27 PM
It hasn't even been tried. We've tried this 4-5-1, slow passing game for at least 6 years now. Occasionally we played to Walcott's strengths, but for the most part we've tried (and failed) to replicate Barcelona.

We'll soon find out how much he's worth come Friday. I think we're going to be in for a tough season regardless because the players Wenger has brought in and the system we're playing leaves me slighly worried. I have no idea where the goals or creativity will come from this year. Last year, everything came from RVP, Song and Theo. We play a style of football that takes getting used to so we will see what happens. People can sit and debate how much he's worth until the cows come home. It's silly because the only thing that matters is that we have quality players on the field. If we sell Theo, we better bring in someone that will hit the ground running.

Joker
29-08-2012, 03:36 PM
He as gad the chance to be productive and never taken it. AOC came in one season and proved to be a better prosspect. Rooney before he was Theo's age was 5 levels above where theo is now.

No way he deserves 100K a week and the fact he was booed by the majority of fans last season shows that.

Maybe Theo is out of love with the fans for being boed last season and maybe why he wants out.

Funny though people getting worked up over a rumuor started on twitter and with no official confirmation.

What's the point comparing Walcott with Rooney? We all know Rooney is much better, but that doesn't mean Walcott doesn't deserve £100K. Moreover, you claim AOC came in and proved to be the better "prospect". That may be true but is completely irrelevant. Walcott has made 142 starts for Arsenal, he's scored 40 goals and 42 assists. That means on average he contributes to a goal every 1.7 games. Not a record to be sneezed at.

And why should fan reaction determine whether Walcott's worth £100K? Fans aren't always right when it comes to determining the value of a player. Incidentally, he scored 2 in the second half of the game he was being booed in and went off to a great reception.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 03:36 PM
It's not about what he deserves because no footballer deserves to earn to stupid amounts they're paid.

The fact is that Theo is one of our longest serving players and also one of the most productive. He probably feels like he's entitled to be one of our top earners now.

And extra 25k a week is not exactly going to hurt us. Give him what he wants and if he's shite next year or the year after, he'll still have enough value to be sold on.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 03:44 PM
It's not about what he deserves because no footballer deserves to earn to stupid amounts they're paid.

The fact is that Theo is one of our longest serving players and also one of the most productive. He probably feels like he's entitled to be one of our top earners now.

And extra 25k a week is not exactly going to hurt us. Give him what he wants and if he's shite next year or the year after, he'll still have enough value to be sold on.

True, see this is what happend when you give kids stupid contracts like this.

fakeyank
29-08-2012, 03:45 PM

We are the most broke ass club in the world. I bet the vending machines in the dressing rooms charge money too.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 03:46 PM
What's the point comparing Walcott with Rooney? We all know Rooney is much better, but that doesn't mean Walcott doesn't deserve £100K. Moreover, you claim AOC came in and proved to be the better "prospect". That may be true but is completely irrelevant. Walcott has made 142 starts for Arsenal, he's scored 40 goals and 42 assists. That means on average he contributes to a goal every 1.7 games. Not a record to be sneezed at.

And why should fan reaction determine whether Walcott's worth £100K? Fans aren't always right when it comes to determining the value of a player. Incidentally, he scored 2 in the second half of the game he was being booed in and went off to a great reception.

Yes he had an Ok season when he has 2 world class seasons in a row then he can think about getting 100k a week, he should be happy with 75 or even 85k a week.

This is the problem with players all spoilt,overhyped and overpriced.

GP
29-08-2012, 03:52 PM
I would ROFL myself to death if he stayed.

fakeyank
29-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Yes he had an Ok season when he has 2 world class seasons in a row then he can think about getting 100k a week, he should be happy with 75 or even 85k a week.

This is the problem with players all spoilt,overhyped and overpriced.

Footballers are overpaid, we all know that.. the problem at our club is that absolute gob shit fucks like Chakma, Bendy get paid 50K/wk... when a decent player looks at that, he will think he is entitled to 100K. Nothing wrong with Theo's demands... its a shame AW and the fucks around him have given out contracts of 50K/week to nobodies like Denilson, Diaby, Chakma etc.

You reap what you sow unfortunately..

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Footballers are overpaid, we all know that.. the problem at our club is that absolute gob shit fucks like Chakma, Bendy get paid 50 million quid... when a decent player looks at that, he will think he is entitled to 100K. Nothing wrong with Theo's demands... its a shame AW and the fucks around him have given out contracts of 50K/week to nobodies like Denilson, Diaby, Chakma etc.

You sow what you reap unfortunately..

Yes you do.

Letters
29-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Nothing wrong with Theo's demands.
Yes there is. We've already offered him a big pay rise - one that, frankly, he doesn't deserve.
If someone else wants to pay him even more than we've offered him then they're idiots. Trouble is there are lot of idiots out there.

But I take the point that we have paid some pretty mediocre players far too much and that has raised other player's expectations.

Letters
29-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Yes you do.
No you don't.

:pedant:

fakeyank
29-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Yes there is. We've already offered him a big pay rise - one that, frankly, he doesn't deserve.
If someone else wants to pay him even more than we've offered him then they're idiots. Trouble is there are lot of idiots out there.

But I take the point that we have paid some pretty mediocre players far too much and that has raised other player's expectations.

So in the end, the fault is ours right? He is comparing himself to his colleagues at his 'work place' and when the secretary gets paid a shitload of money, why shouldnt the analyst expect higher money?

Letters
29-08-2012, 04:15 PM
So in the end, the fault is ours right? He is comparing himself to his colleagues at his 'work place' and when the secretary gets paid a shitload of money, why shouldnt the analyst expect higher money?It's not entirely our fault because he has been offered higher money.
Higher money which frankly he doesn't deserve.
Wages have gone mental throughout the game which isn't our fault at all. I do think we've paid some far too much to players who don't deserve it - one of those players is Walcott actually but I can see how that does create unrealistic expectations.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 04:31 PM

He'll stay because he won't do any better than Arsenal, and he knows it.

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 04:31 PM
The club should take the hit for failing to deal and prepare for this ahead of time. We've sold to many, in too short a space of time. Its not even Walcott I'm worried about. Is the dogmatic approach that's hugely disruptive and really bad to the ethos, reputation and atmosphere of the club.

Knowing that the club are unable to grasp this is fucking depressing.

sent from a fone

Bergkampwonderland10
29-08-2012, 04:39 PM
looks like wenger stepped in! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19406655

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 04:39 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9506826/Theo-Walcott-set-to-stay-at-Arsenal-after-coming-to-short-term-agreement-with-Arsene-Wenger.html

sent from a fone

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 04:42 PM
25m bid on Friday night from City and he's gone. :good:

Munchies
29-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Sell him , he's shit . Add Gervinho aswell for free .

Bergkampwonderland10
29-08-2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9506826/Theo-Walcott-set-to-stay-at-Arsenal-after-coming-to-short-term-agreement-with-Arsene-Wenger.html

sent from a fone

Wasn't there 'optimism' with Flamini as well?

Özim
29-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Looks like he might stay, good to see most people think he's not that good :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 04:47 PM
25m bid on Friday night from City and he's gone. :good:

Their after Sinclair why would they want theo.

Theo has to stay unless he goes abroad can't see any top club here going for him.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Looks like he might stay, good to see most people think he's not that good :lol:

is that not what you have always said :lol:

Zimm :bow:

Özim
29-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Pretty much yes :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Theo. :bow:

Always rated him tbf.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Pretty much yes :lol:

:haha:

Letters
29-08-2012, 04:55 PM
He's not that good - not worth the sort of money it sounds like he's after. But he's not that bad either. His stats are pretty decent despite his maddening inconsistency and if we lost him we'd have to replace but probably don't have the time or inclination. Ergo I'd rather we keep him.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Oh please.

I've only seen Cazorla in 2 games and already it's clear that he's a far better player than Theo ever will be.

As for 'end product', him and Theo have produced exactly the same end product so far this season although Cazola did at least provide an perfect for Giroud in the Sunderland game, it's not Cazola's fault that Giroud missed the target. Walcott did nothing either game.

I can't comment on Cazola's previous career because I haven't seen any of it but it's irrelevant anyway as he was playing in a different team and league. Let's see what he does for us when he (and the strikers he's trying to feed) get settled in.

Cazorla has also played more than Theo this season. Started both games actually.

Ideally both of them would be in the first team to build a connection with Cazorla making the defense splitting passes and Theo tucking them away.

As ive said, i like Cazorla and im not in the business of critisising one player to praise another.

Im glad we have both

gooners
29-08-2012, 06:04 PM

meh; the inevitable merely postponed for the next window.

selassie
29-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Jesus, Arsene never learns. Theo will walk on a freebie, you just watch.

jelgoon
29-08-2012, 06:58 PM
I think AW weighed it up and decided that to lose him now would be too humiliating and damaging to our brand. I dont care if he leaves on a free whenever.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 07:08 PM

No way the board won't let that happen AW will have no choice but to flog him by end of jan window if no contract has been signed.

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 07:16 PM
The club has no shame tbh. All bets are off.

sent from a fone

Letters
29-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that. That has rarely happened, we've generally sold before it does.

selassie
29-08-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that. That has rarely happened, we've generally sold before it does.

He places far too much trust in his players in the sense that he believes that they will stick to their word. I wouldn't be surprised if Theo has/is being tapped up now with a view to running down his contract, everybody knows he's not committed now, it's clear for all to see. We've had other situations where we've been stung, Flamini walked, we practically gave Cole away, OK so we got money for RVP & Nasri bet we let the situation in both cases drag out, what's the point in keeping a player who doesn't want to be here?

Theo should play no part in this team if he doesn't have any desire to stick around. I would have personally sold him in this window.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 07:45 PM
He places far too much trust in his players in the sense that he believes that they will stick to their word. I wouldn't be surprised if Theo has/is being tapped up now with a view to running down his contract, everybody knows he's not committed now, it's clear for all to see. We've had other situations where we've been stung, Flamini walked, we practically gave Cole away, OK so we got money for RVP & Nasri bet we let the situation in both cases drag out, what's the point in keeping a player who doesn't want to be here?

Theo should play no part in this team if he doesn't have any desire to stick around. I would have personally sold him in this window.

This.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Walcott eyeing up a bigger payday by leaving on a free. Figures. The fact this mediocre player won't accept close on £20million quid to play for Arsenal over the next 5 years is an open invitation to get rid of him.

Serious question. We know Adams is known as "Mr Arsenal" because to his length of service and loyalty. Who is "Mr Arsenal" today? Is there even one player that anyone here feels is seriously committed to the club? Newcomers excluded, is there a single player that you can confidently say will be here in 5 years? Apart from Chamakh?

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2012, 07:50 PM

He means Kroenke is a ****.

Xhaka Can’t
29-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Walcott eyeing up a bigger payday by leaving on a free. Figures. The fact this mediocre player won't accept close on £20million quid to play for Arsenal over the next 5 years is an open invitation to get rid of him.

Serious question. We know Adams is known as "Mr Arsenal" because to his length of service and loyalty. Who is "Mr Arsenal" today? Is there even one player that anyone here feels is seriously committed to the club? Newcomers excluded, is there a single player that you can confidently say will be here in 5 years? Apart from Chamakh?

Serious answer: None

Letters
29-08-2012, 07:56 PM
I've been thinking about this and Theo can fuck the fuck off.
He's been maddening inconsistent, never the player we hoped he'd become. And all the while the crowd have been massively patient with him, chanting his name, rarely got on his back despite his patchy form.
Now we're offering a hefty pay-rise he really doesn't deserve and he rejects it.

Well fuck off then you ungrateful ****

:fury:

Xhaka Can’t
29-08-2012, 08:00 PM
He's been maddening inconsistent, never the player we hoped he'd become. And all the while the crowd have been massively patient with him, chanting his name, rarely got on his back despite his patchy form.
Now we're offering a hefty pay-rise he really doesn't deserve and he rejects it.

He is going to make an utter fool of Wenger.

Letters
29-08-2012, 08:03 PM
He's making a fool of all of us who cheered and encouraged him through all his injuries and disappointing lack of progress.

Gaah! I hate footballers :sulk:

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 08:06 PM

Why is this a surprise? Contact situation should have been sorted out weeks a go. Goes to show you just how little the club has learnt from last summer. If he's to fuck off, why find out on the last Fucking day of the window.

No, this particular situation, the club had only itself to blame. Transparent Brinksmanship once again blowing up allover their faces.

sent from a fone

Letters
29-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Why is this a surprise? Contact situation should have been sorted out weeks a go. Goes to show you just how little the club has learnt from last summer. If he's to fuck off, why find out on the last Fucking day of the window.

No, this particular situation, the club had only itself to blame. Transparent Brinksmanship once again blowing up allover their faces.
The fact this is all happening so close to the transfer window closing is our fault, yes.
The fact that footballers are such utter ***** isn't. Although as FY was saying earlier and I agreed our wage structure does maybe set certain expectations. But I come back to the fact that we HAVE offered him a new, better contract. One he doesn't deserve. But no, that's not good enough for him. Well fuck him then.

GP
29-08-2012, 08:11 PM
It's not like we just offered the contract today. Talks have been ongoing for weeks.

He is coming off as an ungrateful wanker. Fuck him.

Letters
29-08-2012, 08:15 PM
It's not like we just offered the contract today. Talks have been ongoing for weeks.

He is coming off as an ungrateful wanker. Fuck him.:gp:

Kano
29-08-2012, 08:36 PM

good those guys. this is my first year. and unfortunately i will be right.

we have kept top four on numerous occasions because of others fucking up when it mattered. that luck will run out.

by the time it takes this lot to become a team, the damage will be done.

also re walcott, the rumours are it isn't money but being played centrally more (not every game) so he can get away from all the criticism as a wide player. he is a striker and i don't blame him for sticking to his guns if he has been promised otherwise - which wenger has publicly stated years ago that playing him wide was for specific reasons.

jelgoon
29-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Bendtner ( or has the gone). But seriously you are right about Walcott. Its disgusting that this bloke with limited ability (he can run - problem is he often forgets to take the ball with him) can demand so much money. I'd be happier to dump him today and get some money for him.

Kano
29-08-2012, 08:38 PM
people are getting wrapped up in this money issue when the rumours seem to revolve around where he is played on the pitch, rather than wages.

jelgoon
29-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I agree.

Power n Glory
29-08-2012, 09:14 PM
people are getting wrapped up in this money issue when the rumours seem to revolve around where he is played on the pitch, rather than wages.

That should be the argument because you can see that he gets no respect from the Arsenal fans even though he's one of the higest scoring wingers in the country. He needs to stick to his guns about the striker position. He's not a winger and Wenger is messing with his development.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 09:17 PM
That should be the argument because you can see that he gets no respect from the Arsenal fans even though he's one of the higest scoring wingers in the country. He needs to stick to his guns about the striker position. He's not a winger and Wenger is messing with his development.
Pretty much

You wouldnt see RVN, Owen etc played on the wing and of they were, they'd moan their tits off.

Theo hasnt. Took his time and not helped by injuries but last couple of seasons, hes done very well.

Kano
29-08-2012, 09:18 PM

seeing as senger has come out at least twice to say playing out wide is all part of his development and he will eventually become a striker, then he has every right to feel fucked off if the rumours are true. he gets stick from every single football fan and pundit and he's probably had enough of trying to play the game in a position he does not want to stay in forever whilst everyone gets on his back about it. people forget he's not a wide player, that he did not play there until he came to arsenal and that he has been promised otherwise.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 09:19 PM

He is coming off as an ungrateful wanker. Fuck him.

Pretty much.

going to thought he already has.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Pretty much

You wouldnt see RVN, Owen etc played on the wing and of they were, they'd moan their tits off.

Theo hasnt. Took his time and not helped by injuries but last couple of seasons, hes done very well.

Thats because they never were wingers even at saints theo played on the wing too. even England don't play him up front.

You would not play the 2 you mention on the wing because their not wingers and clearly 2 of the best strikers in their time.

Theo never was when he signed for us so why would we play him there.

Kano
29-08-2012, 09:23 PM
dunno mate

ask the manager

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-walcott-very-close-to-striker-role

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 09:25 PM
That was 2 years ago as well and still not played up there despite our obvious problems upfront

And people wonder why he isnt signing a contract

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 09:28 PM
dunno mate

ask the manager

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-walcott-very-close-to-striker-role

Maybe because he was not better then the guy who played as a striker last season and the formation we play.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 09:28 PM
That was 2 years ago as well and still not played up there despite our obvious problems upfront

And people wonder why he isnt signing a contract

I don't give to shits why he is not signing a contract.

Globalgunner
29-08-2012, 09:29 PM
If you cant control a ball passed to you from 15 yards it doesnt matter where you play. The only thing Theo is good at is running on to a through ball. How many of those are you going to get for instance playing against a packed defence. He is not that good a player like Messi or RVP that the team can be based around you. He needds to man up and improve his game ASAP. He might think he is young but in 2 years time he will be 25 and supposedly a fully formed player. If he is still the headless runner we see now in 2 yaers time then Tony Pulis will be his manager before long.

Letters
I don't give to shits.
You do reply to them though.

Me :bow:

Kano
Maybe because he was not better then the guy who played as a striker last season and the formation we play.
that was in 2010

he also mentioned it before then

and last year for the carling and fa but cham and park got the nods

if you keep telling someone such and such is going to happen and you backtrack on your word, then dont be surprised if they get fucked off

Kano
29-08-2012, 09:31 PM
If you cant control a ball passed to you from 15 yards it doesnt matter where you play. The only thing Theo is good at is running on to a through ball. How many of those are you going to get for instance playing against a packed defence. He is not that good a player like Messi or RVP that the team can be based around you. He needds to man up and improve his game ASAP. He might think he is young but in 2 years time he will be 25 and supposedly a fully formed player. If he is still the headless runner we see now in 2 yaers time then Tony Pulis will be his manager before long.

which is why he was one of the highest performing wide players in the prem last season.

because he's shit. clearly.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 09:34 PM
You do reply to them though.

Me :bow:

:lol: you got me

Letters :bow:

that was in 2010

he also mentioned it before then

and last year for the carling and fa but cham and park got the nods

if you keep telling someone such and such is going to happen and you backtrack on your word, then dont be surprised if they get fucked off

Well if he was pissed before then he should have given an ultimatem handed in a transfer request.

Why should theo care about not playing in the CC dod you think Rooney does if he gets dropped. If theo probs cared more about the CL and EPL doubt that would dissapoint him.

i don't see him in training maybe he is not good enough to play that role his coaches feel.

Kano
29-08-2012, 09:36 PM
of course. i'm sure that would've been given the blessing by the fans.

he can't win. he's kept quiet, listened to the boss, worked hard and got on with it. he is now 23 and realises that after 4 years of promises, it's probably never gonna happen.

if he wants to get back to where he used to be as a player, then the time is now. not when he's 27 and missed the boat.

GP
29-08-2012, 09:38 PM
dunno mate

ask the manager

That was 2 years ago.

Walcott's best position is the position in which we play him.

Kano
29-08-2012, 09:40 PM
That was 2 years ago.

Walcott's best position is the position in which we play him.

On comparing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to Theo Walcott…

They are quite similar types of players but Walcott is a bit more a striker and Oxlade-Chamberlain is more a midfielder. He [Oxlade-Chamberlain] likes more to be in the build-up of things and Walcott is more a guy who makes intelligent runs. So they are not that similar as players but they have some similarities physically already. They look the same size, the same type of player. But I believe that Oxlade-Chamberlain could be a central midfielder one day and Walcott a central striker one day. That shows the difference between the two players. I don’t know [if the comparisons are fair] but you can’t stop that.

On playing Walcott as a striker in the Carling Cup…

I’ve thought about that many, many times. I was the first that said he will end up a central striker, but the Carling Cup is as well an opportunity for me to give some playing time to Chamakh and Park as well. That is important to our future as well.

that was last year.

he's being mugged off.

if he's not going to be played as a striker then just tell him instead of playing silly beggars every year.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 09:40 PM
of course. i'm sure that would've been given the blessing by the fans.

he can't win. he's kept quiet, listened to the boss, worked hard and got on with it. he is now 23 and realises that after 4 years of promises, it's probably never gonna happen.

Forget the fans if he thought he was being wrong and made it clear then im sure the fans would back it. like i said only the people behind the secenes can know why he is not being played in that role.

Maybe he needs to leave to get better.

Power n Glory
29-08-2012, 09:41 PM
which is why he was one of the highest performing wide players in the prem last season.

because he's shit. clearly.

Been debating this point all day and it goes over people's heads. He's one the higest scoring wingers in the country despite his flaws and we've played more technically gifted players outwide and some haven't even come close to scoring as many as he has. Coupled by that fact that he's getting goals from his weaker side. Most goal scoring wingers get to cut in on their stronger foot. Theo should get his chance and we also need to change formation regardless because I can't see Poldoski and Giroud doing too well with this formation.

Kano
29-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Forget the fans if he thought he was being wrong and made it clear then im sure the fans would back it. like i said only the people behind the secenes can know why he is not being played in that role.

Maybe he needs to leave to get better.

no they wouldn't. in the context of the recent seasons and growing discontent, that would've just sent everyone through the roof.

look at this thread. stories about money have made every other post telling him to fuck off. it doesn't take much for the criticism to be thrown heavily at him and on top of being done by his manager every season, he's probably had enough.

i wouldn't be surprised if he went to a smaller club just to get that role. he seems and sounds like the sort of boy that would sacrifice his career to do that.

Kano
29-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Been debating this point all day and it goes over people's heads. He's one the higest scoring wingers in the country despite his flaws and we've played more technically gifted players outwide and some haven't even come close to scoring as many as he has. Coupled by that fact that he's getting goals from his weaker side. Most goal scoring wingers get to cut in on their stronger foot. Theo should get his chance and we also need to change formation regardless because I can't see Poldoski and Giroud doing too well with this formation.

he is realistic enough to realise he won't play there every game (i can't find the quotes but he made them last season) and only wants the chance. i mean ffs, are cham and park that much better? seriously??

he gets it in the neck from everyone in the game, absolutely everyone. even the consistency he showed last season is forgotten very quickly and the lazy old 'he can only run' comments are thrown about.

well great, let's sell him too. sell the lot of em for fuck sake. it's just football manager after all, we'll be winning like barcelona in a couple of games...

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 09:48 PM
that was last year.

he's being mugged off.

if he's not going to be played as a striker then just tell him instead of playing silly beggars every year.

Not really AW is the manager there for Theo should play where told its simple if he hates it then force a move its simple.

Kano
29-08-2012, 09:50 PM
and he has. haven't you noticed?

he is being mugged off. being told you will play in a position only for it never to happen? stringing you along i think is the correct phrase.

looks like he's forcing that move now.

seems to be getting the backing from the fans eh?

gooners
29-08-2012, 09:52 PM
that was last year.

he's being mugged off.

i honestly think he will leave for this reason tbh.

gooners
29-08-2012, 09:53 PM
he is realistic enough to realise he won't play there every game (i can't find the quotes but he made them last season) and only wants the chance. i mean ffs, are cham and park that much better? seriously??

he gets it in the neck from everyone in the game, absolutely everyone. even the consistency he showed last season is forgotten very quickly and the lazy old 'he can only run' comments are thrown about.

well great, let's sell him too. sell the lot of em for fuck sake. it's just football manager after all, we'll be winning like barcelona in a couple of games...

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 09:57 PM
and he has. haven't you noticed?

he is being mugged off. being told you will play in a position only for it never to happen? stringing you along i think is the correct phrase.

looks like he's forcing that move now.

seems to be getting the backing from the fans eh?

Well no because the majority are not to fussed if he leaves and they don't rate him. being listening to Ts and not many fans care if he goes.

You could be right he probs has been failed by the club and Wenger especially but only those behind the scenes know why he is not played upfront.

he'd only be mugges off if he spent his whole career at Arsenal and was never played there. maybe this year he may have been played there who knows.