PDA

View Full Version : One second theft

Xhaka Can’t
18-07-2012, 05:27 PM
This is exactly how I got my wallet stolen in Barcelona. It happened outside a nightclub at about 4 am. There were 3 or 4 guys and one came over and started speaking to me, giving me the friendly "you're English!" crap and shaking my hand and doing that arm trick. I was thinking wtf?

Never noticed my wallet going at all, but about 1o seconds later, I realised, felt for my wallet and it was gone. My wife didn't notice it being lifted either. I sobered up in a split second, looked for them and saw them about 20 metres away. They saw me coming and legged it. I was running like mad and shouting my head off.

After a while, I saw one of them throw something in the air and I went and grabbed it. It was my wallet, which had two compartments in it. One for my money, the other for receipts and junk.

The compartment for the latter was empty. All my cash and bank cards were still there! :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18798792

LDG
19-07-2012, 06:50 AM
And people still write their PIN number down and put it in their wallets. With the cards.

:rolleyes:

Letters
19-07-2012, 08:23 AM
How else am I supposed to remember 1234?

:angry:

GP
19-07-2012, 08:40 AM
:o

That's amazing! I got the same combination on my luggage!

Flavs
19-07-2012, 08:48 AM
And people still write their PIN number down and put it in their wallets. With the cards.

And people still call it a PIN number

LDG
19-07-2012, 08:58 AM
And people still call it a PIN number

Coney
19-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Happened to a mate of mine a couple of years ago in Spain or Italy (can't remember) but he and a couple of mates were walking down the street when some tastey-looking girls came by laughing and messing about. The girls gave them a quick hug and then carried on down the street. A few minutes later, they realised they'd lost wallets and passports.