PDA

View Full Version : The Official Santi Cazorla Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

LDG
10-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Hopefully Hleb's technique with some end product!

:sick:

tpyo
11-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Might be worth noting that we're finally entering the market now the "big boys" of the EPL seem to have tighter purse and can't outbid us for all our targets. Every signing so far seems to have been reasonably cheap. It's not like we've gone all out and splurged huge (relatively speaking) figures on just one or two players.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Very good 45 minutes today.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-08-2012, 05:12 PM
glad he's here. puts less pressure on jack's comeback

we were crying out for someone like cazorla last season

AKBapologist
12-08-2012, 05:15 PM
WENGERBALL IS BACK BABY!!!

Joker
12-08-2012, 05:27 PM
It's only one pre-season game, we shouldn't get carried away. Early signs are good though. We look much more creative with Cazorla and AOC in the centre of midfield.

gunnerrrrr
12-08-2012, 05:57 PM
We've got Santo Cazorla,
We've got Santo Cazorla,
We've got Santo Cazorla,
We've got Santo Cazorla........too early?

LDG
12-08-2012, 06:00 PM
We've got Santo Cazorla,
We've got Santo Cazorla,
We've got Santo Cazorla,
We've got Santo Cazorla........too early?

Too wrong, tbf.

Marc Overmars
12-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Oh Santi Santi, Santi Santi Santi Sainti Cazor-la!

GP
12-08-2012, 06:13 PM
He's five foot six
He's five foot siiiix
We've got Cazorla
So suck all our dicks!

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2012, 12:55 AM
He's five foot six
He's five foot siiiix
We've got Cazorla
So suck all our dicks!
Which are also all five foot six!

Thought I'd help with the words a bit ;)

Cripps_orig
13-08-2012, 01:39 AM
How did he do v Cologne?

Master Splinter
13-08-2012, 03:57 AM
How did he do v Cologne?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7flb9xRbuxI&feature=player_embedded

Syn
14-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Right, after seeing that, I am, somewhat cautiously, labelling him the best player in the league. The guy looks phenomenal. With Oxlade having had a season to play himself in, we might some good knocks from him. Walcott looks a completely different player to the one he was in the first part of last season. The last 6-7 months have seen an incredible improvement in his all 'round game and he's netting 15-20.

Unfortunately the age of the tippy tappy is stronger than ever after Euro 2012 and The Greece resisting the temptations of 'athlete ball' and German efficiency. So now we adapting to the times and trying to notch up the highest possession percentages England has ever seen. Hleb won't know what hit him, in all fairness. Arteta, Oxlade, Song midfield. Calzone out wide. Walcott and Sex up front. Podolski's on the bench ffs. Van Persie's in the reserves waiting for his fucking turn. I genuinely can't see how we can fail to win the quadruple.

I'm fucking loving this ambitious nature. But we can't stop here. We need to buy some more ambition just to make sure. Should put in a bid for Modric as well. A swap deal with Chelsea - £15m+Gervinho for Mata sounds do-able. Come on football. And come on ambition.

Master Splinter
14-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Cazorla, Wilshere, Oxo and Rosicky in the same team would be amazing.

Alas, it will never occur.

Not because Wilshere is dead.

But because Rosicky has probably re-hibernated.

And because Wilshere is dead.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Cazorla, Wilshere, Oxo, Rosicky, Dembele, Sessegnon, Walters and Iniesta in the same team is my dream. I don't care that no goals would be scored, it'd still be worth it.

Master Splinter
14-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Sessegnon :lol:.

Exactly two people rate him now.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2012, 09:49 PM
I don't rate him really, he's just great to watch.

BOBN
15-08-2012, 07:21 AM
Even if hes not better than fabregas (he is) hes a much more natural fit in that advanced AM role. This is because this guy has more in his locker than just passing/vision and could actually dribble past someone if necessary.

Finally putting round pegs in round holes.

Bergkampwonderland10
15-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Great signing for us until he gets shawcrossed because of his quick feet.

Harland
15-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Even if hes not better than fabregas (he is) hes a much more natural fit in that advanced AM role. This is because this guy has more in his locker than just passing/vision and could actually dribble past someone if necessary.

Finally putting round pegs in round holes.

what? Cesc's runs into the box makes him an amazing AM. Not taking away anything from Cazorla but I doubt he'd be able to be as effective as Cesc

BOBN
15-08-2012, 07:12 PM
what? Cesc's runs into the box makes him an amazing AM. Not taking away anything from Cazorla but I doubt he'd be able to be as effective as Cesc
Any facker can run into the box. he didnt have the dexterity, flair of a genuine number 10. Looked very rigid, bacause he was a central mid out of position.

LDG
16-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Scored last night for spain :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Just seen the goal, looked the same as the one cesc scored against ac Milan that time in the CL.

LDG
17-08-2012, 09:08 AM
5 foot three, he's only five foot three!
We got Cazorla
Fuck that C.Un.t, Van Pesie

Grebbo
17-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Jamie Redknapp on 10 players to watch this season....

4 Santi Cazorla, Arsenal
My dad, Harry, was driving the Tottenham chairman mad trying to get them to buy this boy: he is top class, a special footballer. He’s another Cesc Fabregas, a lovely slider of a through ball who will create chances. He’s 27 and the reason why he hasn’t played more for Spain is because of Xavi and Iniesta. He is 5ft 6in and can play left or right and is a drifter, who finds space behind the front players. He’s a typical No 10. This is another tough season ahead for Arsenal, but if he bonds with Mikel Arteta, he will make a big difference.

Arry :pal:

Spuds :haha:

I hope young Jamie is right for once in his life

:pray:

GP
17-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Santi will wear number 19

LDG
17-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Santi will wear number 19

Where dis from? :(

I keep looking at the arse.com list but nothing :(

GP
17-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Where dis from? :(

I keep looking at the arse.com list but nothing :(

http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/home-kit/adult-201214-ss-home-shirt/invt/479302r/

Podolski will wear 9, ripped off of Park's back :lol:

LDG
17-08-2012, 11:38 AM
:bow:

BTW. Why would they even bother putting Bendtner as an option.

Why?!?!?!?!?!?!

Asthmatic Kitty
17-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Wilshere #10.

well it's not quite Gallas #10, but it's still pretty dumb imo. Should've given it to Giroud or Podolski.

I_Killed_Kenny
17-08-2012, 12:35 PM
its not done, he is primed to be our lynchpin playmaker. thats a number 10 imo. wouldnt have argued if it was the other 2 you said but no way a defender being 10! that was ridiculous!

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 01:12 PM
http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/home-kit/adult-201214-ss-home-shirt/invt/479302r/

Podolski will wear 9, ripped off of Park's back :lol:

Like it

Lukaz Podolski the Arsenal no 9.

Boss
17-08-2012, 02:54 PM
When I was at the Arsenal shop yesterday this German guy paid 60 pounds for a shirt with Podolski 10 on the back.

Guess he's not too pleased right now... :lol:

Cripps_orig
17-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Mertesacker :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
17-08-2012, 10:38 PM
When I was at the Arsenal shop yesterday this German guy paid 60 pounds for a shirt with Podolski 10 on the back.

Guess he's not too pleased right now... :lol:

tbf to arsenal if you bought shirts at the official shops with the wrong squad numbers because of changes then they will refund/replace

V-Pig
18-08-2012, 05:42 AM
tbf to arsenal if you bought shirts at the official shops with the wrong squad numbers because of changes then they will refund/replace

Well that was for Park and Wilshere cos they changed from what they were whereas Podolski was never announced as no 10 so it's his own fault...

The Wengerbabies
18-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Well that was for Park and Wilshere cos they changed from what they were whereas Podolski was never announced as no 10 so it's his own fault...
Thank god for that I thought I was going to be stuck with my Park 9 shirt...

Boss
20-08-2012, 09:10 AM
lol Arsenal

http://i47.tinypic.com/mn2mv.png

gooners
20-08-2012, 03:03 PM
lol Arsenal

http://i47.tinypic.com/mn2mv.png

Like we thought chamakh would? Well, some of us did.

Too early methinks.

Kyle?
20-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Like we thought chamakh would? Well, some of us did.

Too early methinks.

I think it's different. Cazorla is proven at the top level, he's a spanish international for starters. Do you know how hard it is to get into that team? Chamakh was coming off 1 good season, Cazorla has been excellent for the last 5 years.

SayNoMore
20-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Cazorla will be as important as Cesc was to us. He is cescs replacement and considering our style of player most of our attack will go through Cazorla. Finally a world class player to come to Arsenal, and yes probably will be buy of the season, but all this means nothing if we dont strengthen considerably. As much as i like this group of players, we need two more GOOD players to have a strong chance at silverware.

Boss
20-08-2012, 06:28 PM
I was talking about our official club FB spelling our 'star player's name wrong.

Master Splinter
20-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I was talking about our official club FB spelling our 'star player's name wrong.

I've seen his name spelt wrongly more times than Wiltcheer's.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 12:30 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-zidane-was-the-best-i-ever-played-against-

Messi :haha:

V-Pig
22-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I think it's different. Cazorla is proven at the top level, he's a spanish international for starters. Do you know how hard it is to get into that team? Chamakh was coming off 1 good season, Cazorla has been excellent for the last 5 years.

Think about who you're replying to.

Master Splinter
02-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Orbinho (http://twitter.com/Orbinho) ‏@Orbinho

Santi Cazorla has created the joint-most chances from open play (10) of any player in the Premier League this season.

He is little bit exceptional.

Marc Overmars
02-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Cozola. :bow:

Real tippy tappy football and not the fraudulent stuff we've played in the past.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2012, 04:24 PM
:cloud9:

Sexy football.

Syn
02-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Second best Spaniard in our recent history. The first being Jack. The third being Arteta. The fourth being Almunia.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Cesc used to be Spanish but eventually became a GHEL. Cazorla has too many years on the clock for that to happen.

Marc Overmars
02-09-2012, 04:30 PM
We need to sign more bench players for Spain. We obviously have no chance of getting the starters but the 2nd string are still better than 90% of players in this league.

Syn
02-09-2012, 04:35 PM
@Maccy, The Denilson game against Everton at the start of 09/10 was where it all changed for Cesc. He became a Sky Sports player right there and he hasn't looked back.

We need to sign more bench players for Spain. We obviously have no chance of getting the starters but the 2nd string are still better than 90% of players in this league.

True. In other words, lets sign Bilbao.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Sign few barca bench warmers why not.

Tello :bow:

milla
02-09-2012, 05:02 PM
@Maccy, The Denilson game against Everton at the start of 09/10 was where it all changed for Cesc. He became a Sky Sports player right there and he hasn't looked back.

True. In other words, lets sign Bilbao.

Navas and Reyes would be a good start. That Messi kid is pretty good, he is only 24, small, technical and very fast. Must get. :coffee:

Grebbo
02-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Shoulda bought Llorente as well

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 05:33 PM
truuuuuuuuu

Joker
02-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Great player, and looks genuinely two footed as well.

Dennis Bendtner
02-09-2012, 06:10 PM
http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/images/2012/0902/mikelartetasanticazorlacelebarsenalliverpool_800x4 50.jpg

Grebbo
02-09-2012, 08:31 PM

:gp:

There are some gems not playing for Barca and Madrid that are definitely attainable. Spanish players are on another level right now.

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 09:39 PM

There are some gems not playing for Barca and Madrid that are definitely attainable. Spanish players are on another level right now.

truuuuuu

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2012, 11:10 PM

we'll get him in january, for free :dance:

Olivier's xmas twist
03-09-2012, 10:42 AM
we'll get him in january, for free :dance:

How he is still contracted till the summer.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 10:43 AM

Just remember who you're replying to

Ollie the Optimist
03-09-2012, 11:49 AM

i meant on a pre contract

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 11:53 AM
So we'll actually get him in the summer

toothless gibbon
03-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Assuming City, United, Chelsea, PSG, Barca, Madrid, Juve, Milan and Inter don't want him, we might be in with a shout.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-09-2012, 10:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmdr232xqJ0

Only really worth watching up until 1:47, although Xavi's freekick is little bit good.

Anyway, Cazorla. :bow:

Syn
08-09-2012, 11:32 AM
He's so good. Van Persie and Fabregas mightve been better players for us but I like watching proper tippy-tappy shoulder-dropping, nippy fuckers. And since Hleb we haven't really had one. And he does all this end product shit too. What more do you want tbf.

If Wilshere can be restored in the next few weeks, watching Oxlade, Cazorla and Jack linking up is going to be great. Then if Diaby continues his oscar winning impersonation of Yaya Vieira, and Podolski stays alive we're laughing.

FFS, I believe. What's wrong with me.

Kyle?
08-09-2012, 09:52 PM
He is little bit exceptional.

Why does Hazard hog the plaudits? Cazorla>>>>Hazard.

Cripps_orig
09-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Why does Hazard hog the plaudits? Cazorla>>>>Hazard.

Probably cos Hazard has been better? :shrug:

Kyle?
09-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Probably cos Hazard has been better? :shrug:

Hazard has better players around him. Cazorla's (supposed) main outlet is Giroud, who isn't looking too good so far.

Cazorla has been better than Hazard, Hazard is more camera friendly (stepovers, backheels etc.), Cazorla gets the job done.

Diving for penalties doesn't count as an assist in my book.

Cripps_orig
09-09-2012, 10:50 AM
They were definite penalties :rolleyes:

And he has more assists than just those penalties

Hes a quality player whos been better than Cazorla and im a Cazorla fan

The Ogg Monster
09-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Fuck Hazard and fuck you ^.

GP
09-09-2012, 01:45 PM

Cripps_orig
09-09-2012, 08:30 PM

Stupidity rears its ugly head again

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-09-2012, 09:14 PM
letters rears his ugly head again

Grebbo
09-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Hazard has been amazing.

The Ogg Monster
10-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Stupidity rears its ugly head again
:tiphat:

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 11:37 AM
If Wilshere can be restored in the next few weeks, watching Oxlade, Cazorla and Jack linking up is going to be great. Then if Diaby continues his oscar winning impersonation of Yaya Vieira, and Podolski stays alive we're laughing.

FFS, I believe. What's wrong with me.

This, there are deffo positives for this season but its on built on If's i guess.

GP
10-09-2012, 12:12 PM
If %if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts...

McNamara That Ghost...
10-10-2012, 11:03 PM
A month has passed from this thread.

Cazorla has made nine appearances and scored two goals at Arsenal following his move from La Liga and feels he is settling in well.

"It could be that in the few months I have been there people have been talking a lot more about me," Cazorla said ahead of Spain's World Cup qualifier away to Belarus on Friday.

"I feel important at Arsenal and I want to keep developing. The way Arsenal play and the responsibility they have given me is something I have always sought out.

"I think it's a step forward in my career and I hope to improve a great deal in the future."

Cazorla spent most of his career at Villarreal before joining Malaga last season when he helped the Andalusian side qualify for the Champions League for the first time.

The 27 year-old remains on the fringes of the Spain team where he is competing for a place in the starting XI with the likes of Andrés Iniesta, David Silva and Cesc Fàbregas, and is one of the most used substitutes in the world and European champions' squad.

"I am happy with my role and it's a privilege to be here," he said of his Spain career.

"Hopefully I can continue to help out as much as possible, I am working every day towards that. I am feeling in very good shape and I consider myself fortunate to have the opportunities I am being given."

Spain won their opening group game away to Georgia 1-0 and, after travelling to Minsk, host France at Atlético Madrid's Vicente Calderón stadium on Tuesday.

"I have several team-mates [at Arsenal] from the French national team," Cazorla said.

"We have to watch out for them but there are a lot more players in the top rank and it will be a tough game. We hope to get through it and push on with qualifying for the World Cup in Brazil."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9598916/Santi-Cazorla-I-am-relishing-extra-responsibility-at-Arsenal-and-believe-Premier-League-move-is-step-up.html

Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla has admitted he does not understand why team-mate Mikel Arteta is still yet to earn a Spain call-up.

The former Under-21 captain has never received a full international cap, despite regularly impressing in the Premier League for Everton and since earning a move to north London last summer.

And, with Arteta taking on the role of interviewer for Spanish publication AS, Cazorla expressed his bewilderment at Vicente del Bosque's failure to recognise his midfield colleague.

"How strange that you’ve not yet had a chance. There are many players in that position, but I do wonder.

"Hopefully one day we’ll enjoy it together."

The former Villarreal attacker went on to hail the 30-year-old's leadership qualities, revealing that most of the Arsenal squad consider him as the captain ahead of Thomas Vermaelen.

"Here at Arsenal you’re a real leader. When I arrived, I was a little surprised at the level of respect that you have in the dressing-room," he added.

"But when I saw you with the group and on the pitch it’s obvious that almost all consider you the Captain. You are a leader. I’m no good at that, nobody would listen to me! But when you talk they listen."

Cazorla also expressed his eagerness to learn English and prove himself as a success in the Premier League.

"I have to learn English, this is a very good opportunity, Mikel. Everywhere you go you need a good English," he continued.

"And I’m getting very serious about the issue. So I’m enjoying it. You know what I thought after the first few games?

"Watching English football on TV is one thing but playing is another, there is a tremendous difference. I love this league, it’s spectacular but coming from Spain to the Premier is a huge leap."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/10/3439291/arteta-spain-snub-strange-says-arsenal-team-mate-cazorla

He is little bit exceptional. David Lynch has lowered himself to Goal.com though? :lol: And to think I love his films.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Arteta as captain? Not a bad choice. . .

Of course we have TV5 and he also is captain material but as captain you becone an automatic pick 99.9% of the time and now that holds up but there have been times when rhe Verminators play has forced us to question his inclusion? ?

Marc Overmars
11-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Arteta the real captain. :bow:

Unfortunatley he has no chance of playing for Spain.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Hopefully Arteta is a little bit dim but uses that prospect as his motivation, should keep him going for quite a while. :ninja:

Grebbo
11-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Arteta the real captain. :bow:

Who do Spain have as defensive minded midfielders? Busquets is the only one I can think of. Maybe if he gets injured Arteta might have a small chance?

McNamara That Ghost...
11-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Javi Martinez is there too. Busquets doesn't often get injured, despite every game seeming like he has died. :lol:

bignev
11-10-2012, 09:31 AM

Not for us :)

Syn
11-10-2012, 11:24 AM
A year or so ago I remember they called up a second division CM for a friendly. Spain are heavily biased in favour of those playing in Spain. But Arteta is a monster DM these days - I don't think many saw it coming. He's fantastic at his job. But I hope he never gets an International call-up because having every summer off since he started has probably added a few years to his footballing life. He could keep going until 34/35 for us as long as he keeps reading the game as he is.

Marc Overmars
11-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Yeah, it's pretty good for us. Plus he's a GHEL now anyway.

Michael Arteta. :bow:

Fist of Lehmann
11-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Arseblog News posted a translation of an interview published in AS yesterday where Arteta and Cazorla effectively interview each other.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/10/arteta-interviews-cazorla-for-as-awesomeness-ensues/

Marc Overmars
11-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Arseblog News posted a translation of an interview published in AS yesterday where Arteta and Cazorla effectively interview each other.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/10/arteta-interviews-cazorla-for-as-awesomeness-ensues/

:cloud9:

GP
11-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Micky Artets :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
11-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Arteta as captain? Not a bad choice. . .

Of course we have TV5 and he also is captain material but as captain you becone an automatic pick 99.9% of the time and now that holds up but there have been times when rhe Verminators play has forced us to question his inclusion? ?

Not sure he should be saying this though, What must TV5 be thinking.

Seymour Butts
11-10-2012, 01:49 PM
A year or so ago I remember they called up a second division CM for a friendly. Spain are heavily biased in favour of those playing in Spain. But Arteta is a monster DM these days - I don't think many saw it coming. He's fantastic at his job. But I hope he never gets an International call-up because having every summer off since he started has probably added a few years to his footballing life. He could keep going until 34/35 for us as long as he keeps reading the game as he is.

Arteta is a fantastic player - great all round midfielder and goes about his business with minimum of fuss. I really dont think he gets the credit he deserves to be honest. I for one was not "inspired" by his last minute signing and thought he would be a decent squad player - happy to say I was massively wrong and is pretty much the heartbeat of the team alongside brilliance of Cazorla. If someone had said to me last year that Mertsacker and Arteta would be indispensible this year I would have choked on my pint!

Marc Overmars
11-10-2012, 02:36 PM
The only shame is that we didn't sign him 1 or 2 years earlier, I think he would've been very good with Cesc.

He should be able to play well into his 30's though which is great, unless Wenget gets rid of him like he did with Gilberto.

Fist of Lehmann
11-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Yep. Pivotal last year, outstanding this.

Occasionally wish we'd got him earlier, when his legs were still young.
But on the flipside, his experience, his leadership, and his understanding of the game are probably more important to us now.

Syn
20-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Anyone heard this week's Arsecast (Arseblog)? The 'Talkshite' radio bit was surely copied from here? Just a piss-take of the mispronunciation of Cazorla..including CatZola.

Fist of Lehmann
22-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Arseblog :rose:

You know you've hit rock bottom when you're stealing material from GW.

LDG
19-11-2012, 12:39 PM
How good was that bit of control in the second half.

Took the ball out of the air, with two spufs either side of him, and just turned away from both of them in one movement.

Incredible :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
19-11-2012, 01:12 PM
How good was that bit of control in the second half.

Took the ball out of the air, with two spufs either side of him, and just turned away from both of them in one movement.

Incredible :bow:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7397/test2ys.gif

LDG
19-11-2012, 01:52 PM

That's the one!

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2012, 02:15 PM
We won't be able to afford this player soon.

Özil's Panoramic View
19-11-2012, 02:47 PM
We won't be able to afford this player soon.

Feck you and that needle you carry around on your person. :lol:

fakeyank
19-11-2012, 02:49 PM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7397/test2ys.gif

I think I came in my pants..

Gervinho's Forehead
01-12-2012, 05:27 PM
This guy is proving to be more of a fraud every week.

Joker
01-12-2012, 05:28 PM
I actually thought he was a very good signing, but unfortunately he's not really stepping up to the plate when it really counts, and the fraud label is sounding more and more accurate.

Kano
01-12-2012, 05:28 PM
at the moment he's fabregas without the grit but i won't write a new player off after 4 months

The Wengerbabies
01-12-2012, 05:30 PM
He's not a fraud its just taken a couple of months for Wenger to work his magic.

Marc Overmars
01-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Give me GHELCesc over this guy any day of the week.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 02:26 PM
at the moment he's fabregas without the grit but i won't write a new player off after 4 months

Spot on. The guy has something special but he is just too inconsistant.

Grebbo
02-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Cesc is one of the greatest players you'll ever see in an Arsenal shirt. He left us with his prime years ahead of him but still managed to carry us in his early twenties. He was phenomenal for us.

Cazorla is good, Cesc is great.

Özim
02-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Michu scored two yesterday, straight swap for Cazorla?

Gervinho's Forehead
02-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Michu scored two yesterday, straight swap for Cazorla?

Too direct for Arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Too direct for Arsenal.

Michu :bow: got me FFL points.

Kano
02-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Cesc is one of the greatest players you'll ever see in an Arsenal shirt. He left us with his prime years ahead of him but still managed to carry us in his early twenties. He was phenomenal for us.

if he gets ghel'd up a bit then it could work out but whether or not he wants to dig deep is up to him. even silva has realised he has to roll his sleeves up at times.

fakeyank
02-12-2012, 05:05 PM

The only player that caught my eye as extraordinary talent when watching live is Cesc. Sure there were other 'good players' but Cesc was special.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 05:18 PM
if he gets ghel'd up a bit then it could work out but whether or not he wants to dig deep is up to him. even silva has realised he has to roll his sleeves up at times.

Yep you can't play spain footie in this league and just expect it to work.

Power n Glory
02-12-2012, 05:21 PM

The only player that caught my eye as extraordinary talent when watching live is Cesc. Sure there were other 'good players' but Cesc was special.

Cesc was something else and now people are starting to realise how good he was. Even in the days when he was a kid with the silly mullet, his ball distribution skills, vision and passing were on another level. Read the game so well at a you g age and was never caught in possession which is what we often see nowadays with Caz, Ramsey and Arteta. He never played passes that put his team mates under immediate pressure an always made himself available for a pass. Never want hiding or ducked his responsibility of controlling the tempo of the game. All this before he was in his 20s and belter he started banging in goals. It can't be underestimated how special he was. We now have Wilshere, Arteta, Cazorla and even with all three on the field they can't dictate the tempo of a game. Rosicky is the closest one but he's always out injured.

GP
02-12-2012, 05:23 PM
The midfield is all wrong.

Individully, all three are excellent players, but it just doesn't work.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 05:32 PM
The midfield is all wrong.

Individully, all three are excellent players, but it just doesn't work.

Spot on. Its not a coincidence since Diaby has been out the midfield has been woeful.

GP
02-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Spot on. Its not a coincidence since Diaby has been out the midfield has been woeful.

He's not the answer either.

Dennis Bendtner
02-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Fabregas was the loss that really pushed us down a level. A lot of others can be shifted aside in the 'replaceable' category. But Fabregas was probably the best midfielder outside Barcelona when we had him. Losing difference-makers like him and RVP in successive seasons was truly alwful. You can see the difference in the Champions League - home games we used to dominate and rack up good scores with Fabregas at the heart of it, we are now labouring and getting outplayed. The RVP factor was different but almost equally key, the way he was playing and the quality of goals he was scoring for most of last season was a godsend in an average team post-Fabregas.

Santiago is lovely to watch but has a lot to prove. I think we know Podolski's game by now. Good finisher but that's about it. Olivier Sex has been #decent but look at the boots he is filling. The lack of quality matchwinners and difference-makers is clear.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 05:41 PM

Never said he was :coffee:

So what is?

GP
02-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Never said he was :coffee:

So what is?

Sweeping changes. Fresh approach.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Sweeping changes. Fresh approach.

A new formation? Or Who'd you bring in?

GP
02-12-2012, 05:45 PM
A new formation? Or Who'd you bring in?

Change everything. Players, coaches, the lot.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Change everything. Players, coaches, the lot.

Spot on you are. End of an Era, time for a new one. You know its bad when GP gets angry with the club.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-12-2012, 05:50 PM
problem with cazorla is he's knackered. the guy has played pretty much every game for us this season. at some point he'll need a rest but he wont get it with the run of fixtures we have in december/january and the lack of adequate cover. he's playing poorly because he's a lion surrounded by cubs. he cant do all the work himself when he has crap like ramsey playing near him. put him in a midfield of scholes, carrick, kagawa or oscar, hazard, mata and you'll see how good he is. 1 player can't carry a whole midfield.

squad depth exposed as early as november. that is shocking. what's worse is we could all see the diaby injury coming. the season derailed at that exact point and for £7m a year it shouldn't take a so-called genius to fail to predict it would have happened.

its neglecting the sole responsibility a so-called manager is supposed to have. you are supposed to manage the squad and ensure depth, quality, motivation, determination are all covered. when you cant do this, you are breaching your responsibilities. that deserves a hearing. why can the board not see this? why has it got to this?

conventional wisdom suggests jack shouldnt be playing as much as he is because he's coming back from a long term injury but we have no choice but to play him. its funny to see wenger retreating on the philosophies he built himself on. bringing on rosicky yesterday who hasnt played for 6 months when clearly the old wenger would have played him in the reserves a few times to build his fitness. risking jack in big games straight after a long term injury even though he needs to be slowly reintegrated. these are things wenger used to preach against doing but he is now doing out of pure desperation.

we're another serious injury away from jack having his career cut short. it's risk management at its worse. and when cazorla breaks down due to fatigue what will we do then? recall denilson? Lol

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
problem with cazorla is he's knackered. the guy has played pretty much every game for us this season. at some point he'll need a rest but he wont get it with the run of fixtures we have in december/january and the lack of adequate cover. he's playing poorly because he's a lion surrounded by cubs. he cant do all the work himself when he has crap like ramsey playing near him. put him in a midfield of scholes, carrick, kagawa or oscar, hazard, mata and you'll see how good he is. 1 player can't carry a whole midfield.

squad depth exposed as early as november. that is shocking. what's worse is we could all see the diaby injury coming. the season derailed at that exact point and for £7m a year it shouldn't take a so-called genius to fail to predict it would have happened.

its neglecting the sole responsibility a so-called manager is supposed to have. you are supposed to manage the squad and ensure depth, quality, motivation, determination are all covered. when you cant do this, you are breaching your responsibilities. that deserves a hearing. why can the board not see this? why has it got to this?

conventional wisdom suggests jack shouldnt be playing as much as he is because he's coming back from a long term injury but we have no choice but to play him. its funny to see wenger retreating on the philosophies he built himself on. bringing on rosicky yesterday who hasnt played for 6 months when clearly the old wenger would have played him in the reserves a few times to build his fitness. risking jack in big games straight after a long term injury even though he needs to be slowly reintegrated. these are things wenger used to preach against doing but he is now doing out of pure desperation.

we're another serious injury away from jack having his career cut short. it's risk management at its worse. and when cazorla breaks down due to fatigue what will we do then? recall denilson? Lol.

Denilson :bow:

The rest of your post hit the nail on the head. The sqaud is too light and we knew we get bad injurys each season and still nout is sorted.

Özim
02-12-2012, 06:15 PM
What always impressed me about Denilson was his workrate, desire and winning attitude, you'd never see players running past him as he run's casually back without a care in the world, it's just not his way.

If we bring back Denilson he will be like a new signing.

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2012, 06:23 PM

Yes he is.

Once a season. Which is better than nothing I suppose.

GP
02-12-2012, 06:25 PM
You face is better than nothing lol jk

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Fabregas was the loss that really pushed us down a level. A lot of others can be shifted aside in the 'replaceable' category. But Fabregas was probably the best midfielder outside Barcelona when we had him. Losing difference-makers like him and RVP in successive seasons was truly alwful. You can see the difference in the Champions League - home games we used to dominate and rack up good scores with Fabregas at the heart of it, we are now labouring and getting outplayed. The RVP factor was different but almost equally key, the way he was playing and the quality of goals he was scoring for most of last season was a godsend in an average team post-Fabregas.

Santiago is lovely to watch but has a lot to prove. I think we know Podolski's game by now. Good finisher but that's about it. Olivier Sex has been #decent but look at the boots he is filling. The lack of quality matchwinners and difference-makers is clear.

Selling Fabregas and RvC, LOL. And getting just a bit more in fees than the cost of Torres. LOL. And replacing neither of them. LOL. And then selling Song too. LOL. This is the stuff that laughing stocks are made of. The lumps on Sunday Supplement actually talked some sense this morning. You take RvC out of Utd's team and put him back at Arsenal and where would both clubs be now? Would it be crisis Utd and one man Arsenal? Utd are excelling at nicking games they fall behind in with RvC leading the way with goals. We are clueless in the top third. No club could survive the loss of its top talent season after season. We need to spend around £150mill to get back to where we were just a few seasons ago. A world class striker, a world class midfielder, a world class goalkeeper and two world class defenders. Maybe it's closer to £200mill then, at current market prices and wages. Seeing as that will never happen the only way is down.

Xhaka Can’t
02-12-2012, 06:31 PM

It really isn't.

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2012, 06:31 PM

That's not what most people say - so chances are you are quite wrong.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Selling Fabregas and RvC, LOL. And getting just a bit more in fees than the cost of Torres. LOL. And replacing neither of them. LOL. And then selling Song too. LOL. This is the stuff that laughing stocks are made of. The lumps on Sunday Supplement actually talked some sense this morning. You take RvC out of Utd's team and put him back at Arsenal and where would both clubs be now? Would it be crisis Utd and one man Arsenal? Utd are excelling at nicking games they fall behind in with RvC leading the way with goals. We are clueless in the top third. No club could survive the loss of its top talent season after season. We need to spend around £150mill to get back to where we were just a few seasons ago. A world class striker, a world class midfielder, a world class goalkeeper and two world class defenders. Maybe it's closer to £200mill then, at current market prices and wages. Seeing as that will never happen the only way is down.

Spot on. especially the BIB.

BOBN
02-12-2012, 09:15 PM
who remembers that smug nonsense on twitter about how carzola + podolski + giroud = the price of torres and how good we were and we should all touch ourselves.

well torres is having a better season than all three put together, and hes finished!! :pal:

GP
02-12-2012, 09:17 PM
well torres is having a better season than all three put together,

Nope

Xhaka Can’t
02-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Nope

:good:

There is enough material with which to bash the Club without having to make shit up.

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2012, 09:30 PM
who remembers that smug nonsense on twitter about how carzola + podolski + giroud = the price of torres and how good we were and we should all touch ourselves.

well torres is having a better season than all three put together, and hes finished!! :pal:

That's the ONLY thing this club still has going for it - at least we didn't buy Torres.

BOBN
02-12-2012, 09:33 PM
podoski and carzola peaked early (and giroud is giroud)

torres has been far more consistent.

GP
02-12-2012, 09:37 PM

Consistently shit.

Like your posts.

http://www.mazdamp3.com/members/cbcbd/horse_pwned.gif

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2012, 09:38 PM

Consistently bad. The only player to rival Shevchenko for being the biggest waste of money in PL history.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Consistently bad. The only player to rival Shevchenko for being the biggest waste of money in PL history.

Ahem.

http://static.givemefootball.com/gmf/files/9e/9e6ff6fa-1795-45f3-9865-b4f35a5dfbe9_3620f526-5897-4635-a85c-46ee8bf155c7.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 09:41 PM

:haha: The same guy who got Robbie sacked, the same guy who chav fans want out the club.

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Ahem.

http://static.givemefootball.com/gmf/files/9e/9e6ff6fa-1795-45f3-9865-b4f35a5dfbe9_3620f526-5897-4635-a85c-46ee8bf155c7.jpg

DOH!

Xhaka Can’t
02-12-2012, 09:46 PM

I can't disagree with that, but you aren't making the compelling argument you think you are.

fakeyank
02-12-2012, 09:48 PM

Dude, you talk more shit than me! I thought that was not humanely possible! :yikes:

Xhaka Can’t
02-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Dude, you talk more shit than me! I thought that was not humanely possible! :yikes:

Finally, some tech support!

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 09:57 PM

Just rememenber who your replying to.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Santi Cazorla admits Arsenal need to address their unpredictable form if they want to compete for the Premier League title again.

The Gunners were sunk by two late goals at home to Swansea on Saturday, which was greeted by boos from the home fans at the final whistle.

Arsene Wenger's side are currently sitting in 10th position in the table - five points adrift of the top four spots - but 15 behind leaders Manchester United.

And with disappointing draws against Aston Villa and Fulham in recent matches, Spanish international Cazorla believes Arsenal must start taking maximum points.

"We don't know exactly what the problem is," Cazorla told The Mail on Sunday."It's true that we're inconsistent. I believe that to challenge for the Premier League, those games can't get away from us.

"Take the Fulham game, we were 2-0 up. You can't then be drawing within five minutes. Those points aren't coming back.

"And the other day against Aston Villa, there's a game which I believe we really had the desire to win, because these are points that we can't let get away.

"Then you see City, United winning on those days. That's the difference. To fight for the title, it's about taking points from those teams.

"It's a little bit frustrating. We're a good team, good players, training well. But there are moments in those games when we don't know how to control them.

"There's a significant gap between us and United and City. They've got away a bit. We have very little margin for error."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8303014/Santi-Cazorla-says-Arsenal-need-to-address-their-unpredictable-form-quickly

Cripps_orig
03-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Hate being right :(

Kano
03-12-2012, 09:34 AM
not so sure about. you seem to revel in winding other people up after they wanted to believe in the team they support.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 09:50 AM
not so sure about. you seem to revel in winding other people up after they wanted to believe in the team they support.

Remember who your replying to.

Cripps_orig
03-12-2012, 10:34 AM
not so sure about. you seem to revel in winding other people up after they wanted to believe in the team they support.Cazorla never impressed me in Spain and for Spain and said as much when we got him. Didn't think he was all that and I've been proven right thus far which is a shame.

bignev
03-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Cazorla never impressed me in Spain and for Spain and said as much when we got him. Didn't think he was all that and I've been proven right thus far which is a shame.

IF that is what you thought then I would say precisely the opposite. You've been proven wrong.

He's been one of the few good points this season.

Cripps_orig
03-12-2012, 05:39 PM
He's had a few good games but too often he's disappeared when we have needed him most. Pretty much like in his whole career in Spain

Power n Glory
03-12-2012, 07:08 PM
He's not a midfield conductor in the same vein as Xavi and Cesc. I thought he was a wide player that likes to cut in? Isn't that how he played for Malga?

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about Cazorla. The problem is further back field. Wilshere needs time to sort his game out after being out so long and Arteta is just the wrong man to be playing so deep. He doesn't take the responsibility on to collect the ball from the back and make himself available for the ball to come back to him. He's too static and easy to mark out of the game. The oppoistion are aware of that and are now clamping down on the middle. The fact that we haven't got traditioinal wingers Pods overall anonymous performances makes it difficult to work the ball down the wide channels as well. We're fucked. We may need Rosicky to step in for Jack and maybe Coquelin for Arteta. It's too disjointed at the moment.

Gervinho's Forehead
11-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Yet again fraudthorla proves to be useless.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Yet again fraudthorla proves to be useless.

Players like this only show up when they want to. Poor Santi had to sheild those legs from the bad men of bradford.

Power n Glory
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Bottler and shit!

Munchies
11-12-2012, 11:05 PM
He wasn't that bad, sorted out our possession and passed wide, but the crosses were dreadful. If he scored that shot, people would say he played fine.

Boss
11-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Best player on the pitch for us imo.

Not that the above is saying much.

Marc Overmars
11-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Spent most of the time trying to score wondergoals rather than pick a killer pass which I thought he was good at.

Bet he was gutted when we equalised. Prolonged the agony of having to play on a cold night in Yorkshire.

Power n Glory
11-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Best player on the pitch for us imo.

Not that the above is saying much.

He was shit! Wilshere was our best player on the pitch!

Olivier's xmas twist
11-12-2012, 11:10 PM
He was shit! Wilshere was our best player on the pitch!

Yep.

Png is spot on.

Boss
11-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Wilshere did fuck all in terms of going forwards apart from being too scared to shoot when put clean through.

Santi at least had three decent shots.

Can't believe we're discussing our best player after a defeat... to Bradford. :lol: :(

Syn
11-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Yeah, teg is right, Cazorla was our best player tonight. He set up the equaliser and although he kept going for wonder goals, one hit the bar and let's face it, who is he going to set up? I fancy a Cazorla punt from 25 yards over a 2 yard tap-in for Gervinho.

Gervinho's Forehead
12-12-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm wondering it fraudthorla is juts pissed off that no one in England will pronounce his name right and that's why he's been playing crap.

"z" is pronounced th in Spanish so his name is Ca"th"orla!

But no he's probably just shit anyway. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm wondering it fraudthorla is juts pissed off that no one in England will pronounce his name right and that's why he's been playing crap.

"z" is pronounced th in Spanish so his name is Ca"th"orla!

But no he's probably just shit anyway. :coffee:

Malaga got one over on us tbh.

Why sell them Isco, when we can flog then the fraud :lol:

Gervinho's Forehead
22-12-2012, 02:25 PM
fraudthorla couldn't hack it today against wigan either. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
01-05-2013, 06:06 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3945897

Looks like he's gone this summer

milla
01-05-2013, 06:11 PM